Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:08:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simple LDPC-Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Mathieu Cunche
                          Jerome Lacan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-09-14

   This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for LDPC-
   Staircase codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
   lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  These codes have many
   interesting properties: they are systematic codes, they perform close
   to ideal codes in many use-cases and they also feature very high
   encoding and decoding throughputs.  LDPC-Staircase codes are
   therefore a good solution to protect a single high bitrate source
   flow, or to protect globally several mid-rate flows within a single
   FECFRAME instance.  They are also a good solution whenever the
   processing load of a software encoder or decoder must be kept to a
   minimum.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-00.txt