Subject: I-D Action: draft-lopez-ietf-tsvwg-ipern-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 04:03:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An architecture to support explicit rate signaling over End-to-End paths
	Author(s)       : Dino Martin Lopez Pacheco
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Arjuna Sathiaseelan
	Filename        : draft-lopez-ietf-tsvwg-ipern-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-09-23

   This memo introduces an architecture, called IP-ERN, which allows
   Explicit Rate Notification (ERN) protocols to be inter-operable with
   current IP-based networks.  IP-ERN is based on the execution of both
   End-to-End (E2E) and ERN protocols at the end hosts.  The resulting
   E2E-ERN protocol provides inter and intra protocol fairness and
   benefits from all ERN advantages when possible.  We detail the
   principle of this novel architecture, which is compliant with every
   TCP feature, as well as IP-in-IP tunneling solutions.  In particular,
   IP-ERN is an alternative to splitting Performance Enhancement
   Proxies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-ietf-tsvwg-ipern-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-ietf-tsvwg-ipern-00.txt