Subject: I-D Action: draft-pfeifer-6man-exthdr-res-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:31:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Extension Headers Reserved Space
	Author(s)       : Hagen Paul Pfeifer
	Filename        : draft-pfeifer-6man-exthdr-res-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-09-11

   This document specify a mechanism to allow IPv6 stack implementation
   to parse upcoming IPv6 extension header by reserving a small range of
   protocol numbers for well defined IPv6 extension headers.  IPv6 stack
   implementors can code these range into their network stack a priori.
   These reserved range provide an guarantee that a given next header is
   a well formed extension header and not a next layer protocol.
   Operators, companies, vendors et cetera are in the ability to deploy
   and test not standardized extension headers without modifying every
   middle box parsing the complete extension header chain in between.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfeifer-6man-exthdr-res-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfeifer-6man-exthdr-res-01.txt