Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-protocol-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 08:32:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For TLS
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
                          Jakob Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-protocol-11.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-09-08

   TLS and DTLS use PKIX certificates for authenticating the server.
   Users want their applications to verify that the certificate provided
   by the TLS server is in fact associated with the domain name they
   expect.  TLSA provides bindings of keys to domains that are asserted
   not by external entities, but by the entities that operate the DNS.
   This document describes how to use secure DNS to associate the TLS
   server&#39;s certificate with the intended domain name.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-11.txt