Subject: I-D Action: draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 18:05:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear Protection for Ring Topologies
	Author(s)       : Yaacov Weingarten
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Nurit Sprecher
                          Danielle Ceccarelli
                          Diego Caviglia
                          Francesco Fondelli
                          Marco Corsi
                          Bo Wu
                          Xuehui Dai
	Filename        : draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-09-04

   This document presents an applicability statement to address the
   requirements for protection of ring topologies for Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths
   (LSP) on multiple layers.  The MPLS-TP Requirements document
   specifies specific criteria for justification of dedicated protection
   mechanism for particular topologies, including optimizing the number
   of OAM entities needed, minimizing the number of labels for
   protection paths, minimizing the number of recovery elements in the
   network, and minimizing the number of control and management
   transactions necessary.  The document proposes a methodology for ring
   protection based on existing MPLS-TP survivability mechanisms,
   specifically those defined in MPLS-TP Linear Protection, without the
   need for specification of new constructs or protocols.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt