Subject: I-D Action: draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:24:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : AS112 Nameserver Delegations for IPv6
	Author(s)       : George Michaelson
                          Geoff Huston
                          Joe Abley
                          William F. Maton Sotomayor
	Filename        : draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-09-06

   To reduce longterm traffic to the DNS root servers and the IP6.ARPA
   authoritative servers, the IAB is requested to instruct the IANA to
   delegate a set of sub-domains of IP6.ARPA to the AS112 Project
   [RFC6304].  These domains represent IPv6 address prefixes that are
   not conventionally populated in the global reverse-DNS, including
   IPv6 prefixes that are not globally scoped and certain prefixes used
   in an anycast context.

   The reverse DNS query load associated with these IPv6 address
   prefixes appear to have unacceptable scaling consequences as IPv6
   uptake increases.  By delegating these sub-domains to the AS112
   project, the DNS query load can be passed to a distributed sink,
   reducing the query load on the root servers and the IP6.ARPA
   authoritative servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-michaelson-as112-ipv6-02.txt