Subject: I-D Action: draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:24:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Traffic Engineering architecture for services aware MPLS
	Author(s)       : Xihua Fu
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Spencer Giacalone
                          Malcolm Betts
                          Qilei Wang
                          Dave McDysan
                          Andrew Malis
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-09-13

   With more and more enterprises using cloud based services, the
   distances between the user and the applications are growing.  A lot
   of the current applications are designed to work across LAN&#39;s and
   have various inherent assumptions.  For multiple applications such as
   High Performance Computing and Electronic Financial markets, the
   response times are critical as is packet loss, while other
   applications require more throughput.

   [RFC3031] describes the architecture of MPLS based networks.  This
   draft extends the MPLS architecture to allow for latency, loss and
   jitter as properties.

   Note MPLS architecture for Multicast will be taken up in a future
   version of the draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-01.txt