Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:09:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol
	Author(s)       : Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Peter Moyer
                          Jeff Doyle
                          Emre Ertekin
                          Michael Lundberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-09-16

   Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
   services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
   (CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
   Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer&#39;s
   routes across the provider&#39;s IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
   provider&#39;s backbone.  This is known as a &quot;BGP/MPLS IP VPN&quot;.
   Originally only IPv4 was supported and it was later extended to
   support IPv6 VPNs as well.  Extensions were later added for the
   support of the Open Shortest Path First protocol version 2 (OSPFv2)
   as a PE-CE routing protocol for the IPv4 VPNs.  This document extends
   those specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE
   routing protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is identical to
   that of OSPFv2 except for the differences described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-09.txt