Subject: I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 06:43:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Network Access Identifier
	Author(s)       : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-09-10

   In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
   standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
   syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
   submitted by the client during network authentication.  &quot;Roaming&quot; may
   be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
   Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
   relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
   might be required include ISP &quot;confederations&quot; and ISP-provided
   corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
   of RFC 4282 [RFC4282], which addresses issues with international
   character sets, as well as a number of other corrections to the
   previous document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dekok-radext-nai-01.txt