Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 02:22:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication
	Author(s)       : Jouni Korhonen
                          Basavaraj Patil
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Dirk Kroeselberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-01.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2011-09-13

   RFC 6275 Mobile IPv6 signaling between the mobile node and home agent
   is secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile
   node and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The
   security model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec,
   requires interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol part of the IP
   stack and the IKE/IPsec part of the IP stack.  The IPsec/IKEv2 based
   security architectures makes implementation and deployment of the
   protocol infeasible for numerous reasons.  This document updates RFC
   6275 and proposes an alternate security framework, which relies on
   Transport Layer Security for establishing keying material and other
   bootstrapping parameters required to protect Mobile IPv6 signaling
   and data traffic between the mobile node and home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-01.txt