Subject: I-D Action: draft-evans-palmer-hsts-pinning-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:27:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Certificate Pinning Extension for HSTS
	Author(s)       : Chris Evans
                          Chris Palmer
	Filename        : draft-evans-palmer-hsts-pinning-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-09-21

   This memo describes an extension to the HTTP Strict Transport
   Security specification allowing web host operators to instruct UAs to
   remember (&quot;pin&quot;) hosts&#39; cryptographic identities for a given period
   of time.  During that time, UAs will require that the host present a
   certificate chain including at least one public key whose fingerprint
   matches one or more of the pinned fingerprints for that host.  By
   effectively reducing the scope of authorities who can authenticate
   the domain during the lifetime of the pin, we hope pinning reduces
   the incidence of man-in-the-middle attacks due to compromised
   Certification Authorities and other authentication errors and
   attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-evans-palmer-hsts-pinning-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-evans-palmer-hsts-pinning-00.txt