Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 17:49:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels
	Author(s)       : Nitin Bahadur
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          George Swallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-11.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-09-10

   This document describes methods for performing LSP-Ping (specified in
   RFC 4379) traceroute over MPLS tunnels and for traceroute of stitched
   MPLS label-switched-paths (LSPs).  The techniques outlined in RFC
   4379 are insufficient to perform traceroute Forwarding Equivalency
   Class (FEC) validation and path discovery for an LSP that goes over
   other MPLS tunnels or for a stitched LSP.  This document describes
   enhancements to the downstream-mapping TLV (defined in RFC 4379).
   These enhancements along with other procedures outlined in this
   document can be used to trace such LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-11.txt