Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:25:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Authentication Method based on Certificate for DHCP
	Author(s)       : Yixian Xu
                          Serge Manning
                          Marcus Wong
	Filename        : draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-09-20

   This document defines a technique that can provide both entity
   authentication and message authentication based on certificate.  This
   protocol combines three existing options, authentication option as
   specified in delay authentication mechanism in [RFC3118] and the user
   authentication protocol option defined in [RFC2485].  The goal of
   this specification is to define methods based certificate to protect
   the integrity of DHCP message and stop the gaps of the existing delay
   authentication mechanism.  In order to meet these goals, we use the
   asymmetrical cryptography protection and some options about
   authentication that have been defined in other specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-dhc-cadhcp-01.txt