Subject: I-D Action: draft-detti-conet-ip-option-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:58:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An IPv4 Option to support Content Networking
	Author(s)       : Andrea Detti
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Nicola Blefari-Melazzi
	Filename        : draft-detti-conet-ip-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-09-30

   The Content Centric Networking paradigm, also known as Named Data
   Networking, shifts the focus of networking from providing connections
   between hosts to efficiently providing content to the users.  The
   work on CCN has traditionally been performed looking at &quot;clean-slate&quot;
   solutions which aims to replace IP with a new paradigm.  On the other
   hand, in this memo we propose an &quot;integration&quot; approach to Content
   Centric Networking, i.e. we extend the IP protocol using a new IP
   Option.  The new IP option is used by routers to support networking
   based on content rather than (or better in addition to) end-point
   addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-detti-conet-ip-option-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-detti-conet-ip-option-01.txt