Subject: I-D Action: draft-noel-soc-overload-rate-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:17:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Rate Control
	Author(s)       : Eric Noel
                          Philip M Williams
                          Janet Gunn
	Filename        : draft-noel-soc-overload-rate-control-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-09-02

   The prevalent use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] in
   Next Generation Networks necessitates that SIP networks provide
   adequate control mechanisms to optimize transaction throughput and
   prevent congestion collapse during traffic overloads. Already
   [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-03] proposes a loss-based solution
   to remedy known vulnerabilities of the [RFC3261] SIP 503 (service
   unavailable) overload control mechanism. This document proposes a
   rate-based control solution to complement the loss-based control
   defined in [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-03].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-noel-soc-overload-rate-control-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-noel-soc-overload-rate-control-01.txt