Subject: I-D Action: draft-ohta-urlsrv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 03:51:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using DNS SRV RRs with URLs
	Author(s)       : Masataka Ohta
	Filename        : draft-ohta-urlsrv-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2011-09-29

   DNS SRV RRs of a domain implicitly specify servers and port numbers
   corresponding to the domain.

   By combining URLs and SRV RRs, no port numbers have to be specified
   explicitly in URLs, even if non-default port numbers are used, which
   makes URLs more concise for port based virtual and real hosting,
   where port based real hosting means that multiple servers sharing an
   IP address are distinguished by port numbers to give service for
   different URLs, which is the case for port forwarded servers behind
   NAT and servers with realm specific IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-urlsrv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-urlsrv-00.txt