Subject: I-D Action: draft-sun-softwire-stateless-4over6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:52:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Stateless 4over6 in access network
	Author(s)       : Qiong Sun
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-sun-softwire-stateless-4over6-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-09-25

   This document specifies a stateless 4over6 mechanism which moves the
   translation function from tunnel concentrator (AFTR) to initiators
   (B4s).  It is used for service providers offering residual deployment
   of the IPv4 service across IPv6-only domains.  The concentrator will
   record the full set of prefix mapping rules independent of the number
   of subscribers, while the initiator will only keep a single rule of
   its own sub-domain.  The BNG devices can learn the rule set further,
   to achieve traffic optimization between initiators.  In this way, it
   not only achieve scalability and simplicity feature benefits from
   stateless address mapping, but also keep CPE functions simple.
   Besides, flexible addressing and scattered IPv4 address blocks can be
   supported as well.  Traffic optimization can be deployed
   incrementally when necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-softwire-stateless-4over6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-softwire-stateless-4over6-00.txt