Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:32:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Specifying That a Server Supports TLS
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-09-08

   A server that hosts applications that can be run with or without TLS
   may want to communicate with clients whether the server is hosting an
   application only using TLS or also hosting the application without
   TLS.  Many clients have a policy to try to set up a TLS session but
   fall back to insecure if the TLS session cannot be set up.  If the
   server can securely communicate whether or not it can fall back to
   insecure tells such a client whether or not they should even try to
   set up an insecure session with the server.  This document describes
   the use cases for this type of communication and a secure method for
   communicating that information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-server-has-tls-05.txt