Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:24:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The NewReno Modification to TCP&#39;s Fast Recovery Algorithm
	Author(s)       : Tom Henderson
                          Sally Floyd
                          Andrei Gurtov
                          Yoshifumi Nishida
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-22

   RFC 5681 documents the following four intertwined TCP
   congestion control algorithms: slow start, congestion avoidance, fast
   retransmit, and fast recovery.  RFC 5681 explicitly allows
   certain modifications of these algorithms, including modifications
   that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) option (RFC 2883),
   and modifications that respond to &quot;partial acknowledgments&quot; (ACKs
   which cover new data, but not all the data outstanding when loss was
   detected) in the absence of SACK.  This document describes a specific
   algorithm for responding to partial acknowledgments, referred to as
   NewReno.  This response to partial acknowledgments was first proposed
   by Janey Hoe.  This document obsoletes RFC 3782.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc3782-bis-03.txt