Subject: I-D Action: draft-nordman-classification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:57:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Basic Device Classification
	Author(s)       : Bruce Nordman
	Filename        : draft-nordman-classification-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   This specification addresses how to communicate a basic sense of the
   type of each device present on the network.  This is particularly
   important as the range of devices with connectivity greatly expands,
   and as indirect interests in device characteristics increase, such as
   energy consumption.  Many applications will benefit from a single
   standard enumeration of basic device types.  This draft does not
   address detailed device characteristics or subtypes.

   The draft also discusses related identify information.  It is an
   initial discussion document to generate feedback and improvement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordman-classification-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordman-classification-00.txt