Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:41:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts and Abstract Mechanism
	Author(s)       : Matt Mathis
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document describes an abstract mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion encountered by packets earlier in
   the same flow.  Today, the network may signal congestion to the
   receiver by ECN markings or by dropping packets, and the receiver
   passes this information back to the sender in transport-layer
   feedback.  The mechanism to be developed by the ConEx WG will enable
   the sender to also relay this congestion information back into the
   network in-band at the IP layer, such that the total level of
   congestion is visible to all IP devices along the path, where it
   could, for example, be used to provide input to traffic management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-03.txt