Subject: I-D Action: draft-wing-behave-dhcpv6-reconfigure-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 02:09:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Dynamic Re-Configuration
	Author(s)       : Dan Wing
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Prashanth Patil
	Filename        : draft-wing-behave-dhcpv6-reconfigure-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Some networks are expected to support IPv4-only, dual-stack, and
   IPV6-only hosts at the same time.  This makes prioritizing the DNS
   servers for hosts tricky due to a heterogeneous mix of protocol
   stacks causing optimal behavior to occur only when the host stack re-
   initializes.  The networks infrastructure is usually well equipped to
   be aware of single/dual-stack nature of hosts.  This specification
   extends DHCPv6 so that the DHCPv6 Relay Agent can dynamically
   influence the priority of DNS servers provided to the host, so that
   the host can use the optimal DNS server for resolution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-behave-dhcpv6-reconfigure-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-behave-dhcpv6-reconfigure-01.txt