Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-edge-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:38:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Directory Assisted RBridge Edge
	Author(s)       : Linda Dunbar
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-edge-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-10-26

   RBridge edge nodes currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses
   and their corresponding RBridge edge nodes by observing the data
   packets traversed through. When ingress RBridge receives a data
   packet with its destination address (MAC&amp;VLAN) unknown, the data
   packet is flooded across RBridge domain. When there are more than
   one RBridge ports connected to one bridged LAN, only one of them can
   be designated as AF port for forwarding/receiving traffic for each
   LAN, the rest have to be blocked for that LAN.

   This draft describes why and how directory assisted RBridge edge can
   improve TRILL network scalability in data center environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-edge-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dunbar-trill-directory-assisted-edge-03.txt