Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:02:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Localized Routing for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Suresh Krishnan
                          Rajeev Koodli
                          Paulo Loureiro
                          Qin Wu
                          Ashutosh Dutta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2011-10-17

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a network based mobility management
   protocol that enables IP mobility for a host without requiring its
   participation in any mobility-related signaling.  PMIPv6 requires all
   communications to go through the local mobility anchor.  As this can
   be suboptimal, localized routing (LR) allows mobile nodes attached to
   the same or different mobile access gateways to route traffic by
   using localized forwarding or a direct tunnel between the gateways.
   This document proposes initiation, utilization and termination
   mechanisms for localized routing between mobile access gateways
   within a proxy mobile IPv6 domain.  It defines two new signaling
   messages, Localized Routing Initiation (LRI) and Local Routing
   Acknowledgment (LRA), that are used to realize this mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-06.txt