Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:42:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OAuth 2.0 Assertion Profile
	Author(s)       : Michael B. Jones
                          Brian Campbell
                          Yaron Y. Goland
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This specification provides a general framework for the use of
   assertions as client credentials and/or authorization grants with
   OAuth 2.0.  It includes a generic mechanism for transporting
   assertions during interactions with a token endpoint, as wells as
   rules for the content and processing of those assertions.  The intent
   is to provide an enhanced security profile by using derived values
   such as signatures or HMACs, as well as facilitate the use of OAuth
   2.0 in client-server integration scenarios where the end-user may not
   be present.

   This specification only defines abstract message flow and assertion
   content.  Actual use requires implementation of a companion protocol
   binding specification.  Additional profile documents provide standard
   representations in formats such as SAML and JWT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-01.txt