Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:49:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT offload extension to Dual-Stack lite
	Author(s)       : Xiaohong Deng
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Cathy Zhou
	Filename        : draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-10-31

       Dual-Stack Lite, combining IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel and Carrier Grade NAT
       technologies, provides an approach that offers IPv4 service via IPv6
       network by sharing IPv4 addresses among customers during IPv6
       transition period. Dual-stack lite, however, requires CGN to maintain
       active NAT sessions, which means processing performance, memory size
       and log abilities for NAT sessions should scale with number of
       sessions of subscribers; Hence increasing in CAPEX for operators
       would be resulted in when traffic increase.

       This document propose the NAT offload extensions to DS-Lite, which
       allows offloading NAT translation function from centralized network
       side (AFTR) to distributed customer equipments (B4), thereby offering
       a trade-off between CAPEX (e.g. less performance requirements on AFTR
       device) and OPEX (e.g., easy and fast deployment of Dual-Stack Lite)
       for operators. The ability of easily co-deploying with basic Dual-
       Stack Lite is essential to NAT offload extension to DS-Lite.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-04.txt