Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:37:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Why RTP Does Not Mandate a Single Security Mechanism
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Magnus Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-08.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This memo discusses the problem of securing real-time multimedia
   sessions, and explains why the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP),
   and the associated RTP control protocol (RTCP), do not mandate a
   single media security mechanism.  It also discusses how applications
   using RTP can meet the goals of BCP 61 to have strong and mandatory
   to implement security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-srtp-not-mandatory-08.txt