Subject: I-D Action: draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:43:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authentication Mechanism of Port Control Protocol (PCP)
	Author(s)       : Margaret Wasserman
                          Sam Hartman
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   A IPv6 or IPv4 host can use the Port Control Protocol (PCP) to
   flexibly re-configure its network address translators (NATs) or
   firewalls, change their ways in translating and forwarding IP
   packets, and eventually facilitate its communications with remote
   hosts.  However, the un-controlled generation or deletion of IP
   address mappings on such network devices may cause security risks and
   should be avoided.  Before a PCP request is eventually executed, the
   requester needs to prove that it is a legal PCP user and has a
   sufficient privilege.  This document proposes an in-band
   authentication mechanism for PCP.  The Extensible Authentication
   Protocol (EAP) is taken advantage of to perform authentication
   between PCP devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-00.txt