Subject: I-D Action: draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:28:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
	Author(s)       : Per Hurtig
                          Andreas Petlund
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-10-29

   This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
   SCTP retransmission timers, that provides faster loss recovery when a
   connection&#39;s amount of outstanding data is small.  The modification
   allows the transport to restart its retransmission timer more
   aggressively in situations where fast retransmit can not be used.
   This enables faster loss detection, and recovery, for connections
   that are short-lived or application-limited.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt