Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:49:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Overview and Framework for Internationalized Email
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
                          YangWoo Ko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2011-10-29

   Full use of electronic mail throughout the world requires that
   (subject to other constraints) people be able to use close variations
   on their own names (written correctly in their own languages and
   scripts) as mailbox names in email addresses.  This document
   introduces a series of specifications that define mechanisms and
   protocol extensions needed to fully support internationalized email
   addresses.  These changes include an SMTP extension and extension of
   email header syntax to accommodate UTF-8 data.  The document set also
   includes discussion of key assumptions and issues in deploying fully
   internationalized email.  This document is a replacement for RFC
   4952; it reflects additional issues identified since that document
   was published.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-frmwrk-4952bis-12.txt