Subject: I-D Action: draft-penno-pcp-zones-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:43:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCP Support for Multi-Zone Environments
	Author(s)       : Reinaldo Penno
	Filename        : draft-penno-pcp-zones-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-10-21

   A zone is a notion which denotes a routing instance, a set interfaces
   or prefixes characterized by having a different address realm and/or
   security policy.  A NAT device can route packets with the same source
   IP address to different zones depending on configuration policies
   such as destination IP address.  This functionality has been present
   for many years in NAT devices from multiple vendors.  PCP allows a
   host to interact with a PCP-controlled NAT device and request an
   external IP and port.  Therefore a PCP Server that controls the NAT
   device and receives a PCP request from a host needs to know from
   which NAT pool to allocate an external IP address and port.  This
   document specifies an extension to PCP to support the zone concept.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-penno-pcp-zones-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-penno-pcp-zones-01.txt