Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:42:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Extensions for Route Target Distribution
	Author(s)       : Keyur Patel
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Martin Djernaes
                          Jie Dong
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-10-30

   The current route target distribution specification described in
   RFC4684 defines Route Target NLRIs of maximum length of 12 bytes.
   The IPv6 specific Route Target extended community is defined in
   [RFC5701] as length of 20 bytes.  Since the current specification
   only supports prefixes of maximum length of 12 bytes, the lack of an
   IPv6 specific Route Target reachability information may be a problem
   when an operator wants to use this application in a pure IPv6
   environment.  This document defines an extension that allows BGP to
   exchange longer length IPv6 Route Target prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-01.txt