Subject: I-D Action: draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 06:54:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A packet-based method for passive performance monitoring
	Author(s)       : Alberto Tempia Bonda
                          Alessandro Capello
                          Mauro Cociglio
                          Luca Castaldelli
	Filename        : draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-10-28

   This document describes a method to accomplish performance monitoring
   measurements on real traffic, applicable to any packet-based stream,
   including L2, L3, MPLS traffic, unicast and multicast.  The method
   can be easily implemented using tools and features already available
   on existing routing platforms without any protocol extension and, for
   this reason, it does not raise any interoperability issue.  However,
   the method could be further improved by means of some extension to
   existing protocols, but this aspect is left for further study and it
   is out of the scope of the document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-01.txt