Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:38:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)       : Martin Duerst
                          Michel Suignard
                          Larry Masinter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-08.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2011-10-21

   This document defines the Internationalized Resource Identifier (IRI)
   protocol element, as an extension of the Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal
   Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  Grammar and processing rules are
   given for IRIs and related syntactic forms.

   In addition, this document provides named additional rule sets for
   processing otherwise invalid IRIs, in a way that supports other
   specifications that wish to mandate common behavior for &#39;error&#39;
   handling.  In particular, rules used in some XML languages (LEIRI)
   and web applications are given.

   Defining IRI as new protocol element (rather than updating or
   extending the definition of URI) allows independent orderly
   transitions: other protocols and languages that use URIs must
   explicitly choose to allow IRIs.

   Guidelines are provided for the use and deployment of IRIs and
   related protocol elements when revising protocols, formats, and
   software components that currently deal only with URIs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-08.txt