Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-dns-applications-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:26:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Architectural Considerations on Application Features in the DNS
	Author(s)       : Olaf Kolkman
                          Jon Peterson
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Bernard Aboba
	Filename        : draft-iab-dns-applications-03.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   A number of Internet applications rely on the Domain Name System
   (DNS) to support their operations.  Many applications use the DNS to
   locate services for a domain, for example; more recently, some
   applications have begun transforming identifiers other than domain
   names into formats that the DNS can process.  Proposals to
   incorporate more sophisticated application behavior into the DNS,
   however, have raised questions about the applicability and
   extensibility of the DNS.  This document explores the architectural
   consequences of installing certain application features in the DNS,
   and provides guidance to future application designers as to the sorts
   of ways that application can make use of the DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-dns-applications-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-dns-applications-03.txt