Subject: I-D Action: draft-ono-dispatch-attribute-validation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:40:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Referencing and Validating User Attributes
	Author(s)       : Kumiko Ono
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-ono-dispatch-attribute-validation-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-10-20

   This document describes a mechanism for referencing and validating
   user attributes in SIP communication.  User attributes, such as an
   organizational affiliation and role, are helpful for the recipients
   of a communication request to decide whether or not to grant the
   sender access to the recipient&#39;s resources, especially when the
   sender identity is unknown to the recipients.  This mechanism allows
   the sender to claim her attributes to recipients using an attribute
   reference identifier without needing to prove the sender identity.
   This document defines a new SIP &quot;Sender-References&quot; header field to
   convey one or more attribute reference identifiers.  This mechanism
   satisfies all the requirements for trait-based authorization defined
   in RFC 4484, except that it provides only one assertion scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-dispatch-attribute-validation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-dispatch-attribute-validation-00.txt