Subject: I-D Action: draft-jones-diameter-group-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:17:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter Group Signaling
	Author(s)       : Mark Jones
	Filename        : draft-jones-diameter-group-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   In large network deployments, a single Diameter peer can support over
   a million concurrent Diameter sessions.  Recent use cases have
   revealed the need for Diameter peers to apply the same operation to a
   large group of Diameter sessions concurrently.  The Diameter base
   protocol commands operate on a single session so these use cases
   could result in many thousands of command exchanges in order to
   enforce the same operation on each session in the group.  In order to
   reduce signaling, it would be desirable to enable bulk operations on
   all (or part of) the sessions managed by a Diameter peer using a
   single or a few command exchanges.  This document specifies the
   Diameter protocol extensions to achieve this signaling optimization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-diameter-group-signaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-diameter-group-signaling-00.txt