Subject: I-D Action: draft-donley-nat444-impacts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:37:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Assessing the Impact of Carrier-Grade NAT on Network Applications
	Author(s)       : Chris Donley
                          Lee Howard
                          Victor Kuarsingh
                          University of Colorado
	Filename        : draft-donley-nat444-impacts-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   NAT444 is an IPv4 extension technology being considered by Service
   Providers to continue offering IPv4 service to customers while
   transitioning to IPv6.  This technology adds an extra Carrier-Grade
   NAT (&quot;CGN&quot;) in the Service Provider network, often resulting in two
   NATs.  CableLabs, Time Warner Cable, and Rogers Communications
   independently tested the impacts of NAT444 on many popular Internet
   services using a variety of test scenarios, network topologies, and
   vendor equipment.  This document identifies areas where adding a
   second layer of NAT disrupts the communication channel for common
   Internet applications.  This document was updated to also include
   Dual-Stack Lite impacts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-donley-nat444-impacts-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-donley-nat444-impacts-02.txt