Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhaoyl-pce-flexi-grid-pcep-ex-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 07:33:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCEP Protocol Extension for spectrum utilization optimization in Flexi- Grid Networks
	Author(s)       : Yongli Zhao
                          Jie Zhang
                          Tiantian Peng
                          Xiaosong Yu
                          Xuping Cao
                          Dajiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhaoyl-pce-flexi-grid-pcep-ex-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   Flexi-grid networks overcomes the fixed grid channel of Wavelength
   Switched Optical Network(WSON) by flexible spectrum to allow non-
   uniform and dynamic allocation of spectrum based on the demand of the
   incoming services&#39; LSP.  Flexi-grid networks is an effective solution
   to solve the problem of efficient spectrum utilization.

   Because the client LSP needs to be assigned contiguous spectrum in
   flexi-grid networks, there will be two problems that would affect
   spectrum utilization, i.e.  RSA and fragmentation.  We introduce two
   kinds of methods which can improve the spectrum utilization further,
   and some related PCEP extensions are defined in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhaoyl-pce-flexi-grid-pcep-ex-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhaoyl-pce-flexi-grid-pcep-ex-00.txt