Subject: I-D Action: draft-chown-homenet-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:20:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Home Networking Architecture for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Jari Arkko
                          Tim Chown
                          Jason Weil
                          Ole Troan
	Filename        : draft-chown-homenet-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2011-10-30

   This text describes evolving networking technology within small
   &quot;residential home&quot; networks.  The goal of this memo is to define the
   architecture for IPv6-based home networking and the associated
   principles and considerations.  The text highlights the impact of
   IPv6 on home networking, illustrates topology scenarios, and shows
   how standard IPv6 mechanisms and addressing can be employed in home
   networking.  The architecture describes the need for specific
   protocol extensions for certain additional functionality.  It is
   assumed that the IPv6 home network runs as an IPv6-only or dual-stack
   network, but there are no recommendations in this memo for the IPv4
   part of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-homenet-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-homenet-arch-01.txt