Subject: I-D Action: draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:39:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Time Mechanisms for Improving Computer Clock Accuracy
	Author(s)       : Sterling Knickerbocker
                          Timothy Plunkett
	Filename        : draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-10-30

        This draft describes network time synchronization mechanisms that
        may enable increased accuracy, beyond that possible with the current
        Network Time Protocol version 4 standard, to the time of computer
        clocks. The mechanisms considered are those that will provide
        improved estimates as to when a packet is put on the network,
        transferred across a network, or taken from the network. Potential
        standardization actions will be considered for the mechanisms
        considered, though no such actions are recommended at this time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marlow-tictoc-computer-clock-accuracy-01.txt