Subject: I-D Action: draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:51:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Fast Re-Route with Fast Notification
	Author(s)       : Andras Csaszar
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          John Sucec
                          Subir Das
	Filename        : draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document describes a mechanism that provides IP fast reroute
   (IPFRR) by using a failure notification (FN) to nodes beyond the ones
   that first detect the failure (i.e. nodes that are directly connected
   to the failure point). The paths used when IPFRR-FN is active are in
   most cases identical to those used after Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) convergence. The proposed mechanism can address all single
   link, node, and SRLG failures in an area and has been designed to
   allow traffic recovery traffic to happen quickly (The goal being to
   keep traffic loss under 50msec). IPFRR-FN can be a supplemental tool
   to provide FRR when LFA cannot repair a failure case.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-02.txt