Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:13:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
	Author(s)       : Bill Fenner
                          Mark Handley
                          Hugh Holbrook
                          Isidor Kouvelas
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Zhaohui (Jeffrey) Zhang
                          Lianshu Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 132
	Date            : 2011-10-27

   This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
   (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol that can use the
   underlying unicast routing information base or a separate multicast-
   capable routing information base.  It builds unidirectional shared
   trees rooted at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, and optionally
   creates shortest-path trees per source.

   This document addresses errata filed against RFC 4601, and removes
   the optional (*,*,RP) feature that lacks sufficient deployment
   experience.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-01.txt