Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-netext-pmip-handover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:49:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network-based Inter-domain handover Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Zhengming Ma
                          Ke Wang
                          Fei Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ma-netext-pmip-handover-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   [RFC5380] prompts the Inner-domain handover of the MN in Proxy Mobile
   IPv6(PMIPv6).This document describes network-based Inter-domain
   handover functionality and corresponding mobility options for
   PMIPv6.This document strictly abides by the two principle describes
   in PMIPv6:

   (a)The movement of MN is transparent to CN.

   (b)MN doesn&#39;t participate in any mobility-related signaling.LMA and
   MAG are responsible for managing IP mobility on behalf of the host.

   The points of this document are as follows:

   (1) Concepts: The MN&#39;s Home Agent(HA) ,Home Address (HoA) and Care-of
   address(CoA) is not only for user but also for the specific
   session.MN initiating a session uses the address assigned by the LMA
   which the MN is registered at the moment as the HoA for the
   session.The user initiating a session uses the address assigned by
   the LMA which the MN moves to as the CoA for the session.

   (2) Binding Cache:Every local mobility anchor must maintain two
   Binding Cache entries for each currently registered mobile node.  One
   is Inner-domain BCE,the other is Inter-domain BCE.  Inner-domain BCE
   maintains the binding between MN&#39;s Proxy-CoA and MN&#39;s HoA.  Inter-
   domain BCE maintains the bingding between CN&#39;s HoA and CN&#39;s CoA.

   (3)Communication:For the user initiating a session or accepting a
   session,no matter how it moves,the HoA for the session is
   unchanged,the source address of the data packets is the user&#39;s own
   HoA,and the destination address of the the data packets is the HoA of
   CN.All the reverse tunneled packets that the local mobility anchor
   received from the mobile access gateway, after removing the tunnel
   header MUST be routed to the destination specified in the inner
   packet header.  According to looking up the Inter-domain BCE,LMA gets
   the CoA of CN.  Then ,LMA encapsulates the packets to route to CN.On
   receiving a packet from a correspondent node with the destination
   address matching a mobile node&#39;s home network prefix(es), the local
   mobility anchor MUST first remove the outer header before forwarding
   the packet.  Then,LMA looks up the Inner-domain BCE to forward the
   packets to the right MAG.

   (4)Updates:When MN moves to visited LMA(MN-vLMA),MN-vLMA will do
   three things.

   Firstly MN-vLMA will assign a MN-CoA for MN and build up the Inner-
   domain BCE for MN.  Secondly,MN-vLMA will sends message to MN-hLMA to
   get the HoA of CN .Then,MN-vLMA builds up the binding between CN-HoA
   and CN-HoA in the Inter-domain BCE.Thirdly, MN-vLMA sends message to
   CN-LMA wiht the MN-CoA and MN-HoA included in the message to help CN-
   LMA updating the Inter-domain BCE for MN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-netext-pmip-handover-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-netext-pmip-handover-00.txt