Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:00:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Handling MPLS-TP OAM Packets Targeted at Internal MIPs
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Hideki Endo
                          Rolf Winter
                          Yoshinori Koike
                          Manuel Paul
	Filename        : draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   The Framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how Maintenance
   Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within
   network nodes at the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

   This document describes a way of forming OAM messages so that they
   can be targeted at MIPs on incoming or MIPs on outgoing interfaces,
   forwarded correctly through the &quot;switch fabric&quot;, and handled
   efficiently in node implementations where there is no distinction
   between the incoming and outgoing MIP.

   The material in this document is provided for discussion within the
   MPLS-TP community in the expectation that this idea or some similar
   mechanism will be subsumed into a more general MPLS-TP OAM document.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-05.txt