Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:38:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : xNAME RCODE and Status Bits Clarification
	Author(s)       : Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   The Domain Name System (DNS) has long provided means, such as CNAME
   (Canonical Name), where a query can be redirected to a different
   name. A DNS response header has an RCODE (Response Code) field, used
   for indicating errors, and response status bits. This document
   clarifies, in the case of such redirected queries, how the RCODE and
   status bits correspond to the initial query cycle (where the CNAME or
   the like was detected) and subsequent or final query cycles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-05.txt