Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:31:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          James Rafferty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-22

   There is a need for applications using SIP to exchange User to User
   Information (UUI) data during session establishment.  This
   information, known as call control UUI data, is a small piece of data
   inserted by an application initiating the session, and utilized by an
   application accepting the session.  Applications define a UUI package
   for the transport of their UUI data.  This data is opaque to SIP and
   its function is unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document
   defines a new SIP header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI data,
   along with an extension mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-03.txt