Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:31:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CGN Deployment with MPLS/VPNs
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
                          John Cianfarani
	Filename        : draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-10-10

   This document specifies a framework to integrate a Network Address
   Translation layer into an operator&#39;s network to function as a Carrier
   Grade NAT (also known as CGN or Large Scale NAT).  CGN is a concept
   also described in [I-D.shirasaki-nat444] which specifies NAT444 as a
   dual layer translation model.  Although operators may wish to deploy
   IPv6 to strategically overcome IPv4 exhaustion, near term needs may
   not be satisfied with an IPv6 deployment alone.  This document
   provides a practical integration model which allows CGN to be
   integrated into the network meeting the needs of the customer while
   being mindful of not disrupting existing services and meeting the
   technical challenges that CGN brings.  The model includes the use of
   MPLS/VPNs defined in [RFC4364] as a tool to achieve this goal.  This
   document does not intend to defend the merits of CGN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt