Subject: I-D Action: draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:13:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks Through Kerberos Tickets
	Author(s)       : Hassnaa Moustafa
                          Gilles Bourdon
                          Tom Yu
	Filename        : draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-10-17

   This document presents the problem of authentication and
   authorization in wireless mesh networks constituted by several users
   communicating with application servers and communicating with each
   other in a single or multi-hop fashion.  Each user in this
   environment can also play the role of an application provider.

   Imagine a large music event where the provided network infrastructure
   is enhanced with network storage equipment to allow visitors to
   access content relating to the bands playing at the events, such as
   recorded video of previous performances, supplementary audio and
   video material relevant to the bands playing, etc.  Certain content
   is, however, not necessarily available to everyone under the same
   conditions.  Instead access control is applied before the full range
   of audio, and video material can be accessed.  Other content, such as
   previews, might be offered for free.  How can such authentication,
   and authorization infrastructure be made available with minimal
   configuration complexity for a temporary event like a music festival?

   This document lists the requirements for a potentially needed
   Kerberos extension and presents a solution proposal based on the
   attempt to use a Kerberos extension for mutual authentication in
   wireless mesh networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-02.txt