Subject: I-D Action: draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:48:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internet Exchange Route Server Operations
	Author(s)       : Nick Hilliard
                          Elisa Jasinska
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Niels Bakker
	Filename        : draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   The growing popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings a
   new set of requirements to interconnect participating networks.
   While bilateral exterior BGP sessions between exchange participants
   were previously the most common means of exchanging reachability
   information, the overhead associated with dense interconnection has
   caused substantial operational scaling problems for Internet exchange
   point participants.

   Multilateral interconnection can dramatically reduce the
   administrative and operational overhead of IXP participation and is
   now used by many IXP participants as a means of exchanging routing
   information.

   This document outlines operational considerations for multilateral
   interconnections at IXPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilliard-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-00.txt