Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 05:42:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite
	Author(s)       : Roberta Maglione
                          Alain Durand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-10-17

   Dual-Stack Lite is a solution to offer both IPv4 and IPv6
   connectivity to customers which are addressed only with an IPv6
   prefix.  Dual-Stack Lite requires to pre-configure the Dual-Stack
   Lite Address Family Transition Router (AFTR) tunnel information on
   the Basic Bridging BroadBand (B4) element.  In many networks, the
   customer profile information may be stored in Authentication
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers while client
   configurations are mainly provided through Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP).  This document specifies a new Remote Authentication
   Dial In User Service (RADIUS) attribute to carry Dual-Stack Lite
   Address Family Transition Router Tunnel name; the RADIUS attribute is
   defined based on the equivalent DHCPv6 OPTION_AFTR_NAME option.  This
   RADIUS attribute is meant to be used between the RADIUS Server and
   the Network Access Server (NAS), it is not intended to be used
   directly between the Basic Bridging BroadBand element and the RADIUS
   Server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt