Subject: I-D Action: draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 11:25:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RPL applicability in industrial networks
	Author(s)       : Tom Phinney
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Robert Assimiti
	Filename        : draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2011-10-01

   The wide deployment of wireless devices, with their low installed
   cost (compared to wired devices), will significantly improve the
   productivity and safety of industrial plants, while simultaneously
   increasing the efficiency and safety of the plant&#39;s workers, by
   extending and making more timely the information set available about
   plant operations.  The new Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
   Networks (RPL) defines a Distance Vector protocol that is designed
   for such networks.  The aim of this document is to analyze the
   applicability of that routing protocol in industrial LLNs of field
   devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt