Subject: I-D Action: draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:34:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Negotiation of security protocol for Mobile IPv6 operation
	Author(s)       : Bruno Faria
                          Basavaraj Patil
                          Gabor Bajko
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Mobile IPv6 has relied on IPsec and IKEv2 for securing the signaling
   and user traffic.  A single security mechanism for Mobile IPv6 does
   not adequately address various deployment scenarios.  The one-size-
   fits-all security approach is ill suited for Mobile IPv6, as
   different deployments have different security requirements.  Multiple
   alternatives to securing signaling and user traffic have been
   proposed and are being considered for standardization.  When multiple
   security protocols coexist for providing security for mobile IPv6
   nodes, there is a need to negotiate the choice of security protocol
   between a mobile node and home agent a priori.  This document
   proposes a method for negotiating the security protocol to be used
   between mobile IPv6 nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-sec-negotiate-03.txt