Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-tictoc-pdv-lsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 02:16:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PDV-based PTP LSP Setup,Reoptimization and Recovery
	Author(s)       : Junhui Zhang
                          Liang Xia
	Filename        : draft-zhang-tictoc-pdv-lsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-10-20

   This document defines a mechanism for the setup,reoptimization and
   recovery of PTP LSP based on the PDV metrics between the 1588 Master
   and the 1588 Slave.

   When a PTP communication path goes through the third party networks
   (e.g. the MPLS networks), the PDV noise caused by the third party
   networks will have a significant impact on the synchronization
   performance.  So, the PDV metrics should be considered in the setup
   of PTP LSP.

   In addition, when the PDV noise exceeds to a certain degree, it is
   necessary to notify the head-end LSR(i.e. the 1588 Master) to switch
   to the backup PTP LSP and to reoptimize the primary PTP LSP in order
   to improve the PTP reliability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-tictoc-pdv-lsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-tictoc-pdv-lsp-00.txt