Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:05:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight 4over6 in access network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Qiong Sun
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Yiu L. Lee
                          Tina Tsou
	Filename        : draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   The dual-stack lite mechanism provide an IPv4 access method over IPv6
   ISP network for end users.  Dual-Stack Lite enables an IPv6 provider
   to share IPv4 addresses among customers by combining IPv4-in-IPv6
   tunnel and Carrier Grade NAT.  However, in dual-stack lite, CGN has
   to maintain active NAT sessions, which could become the performance
   bottom-neck due to high dynamics of NAT entries, memory cost and log
   issue.  This document propose the lightweight 4over6 mechanism which
   moves the translation function from tunnel concentrator (AFTR) to
   initiators (B4s), and hence reduces the mapping scale on the
   concentrator to per-customer level.  For NAT44 translation usage, the
   mechanism allocates port restricted IPv4 addresses to initiators in a
   flexible way independent of IPv6 network in the middle.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-softwire-b4-translated-ds-lite-04.txt