Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:12:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Security Framework
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Ben Niven-Jenkins
                          Scott Mansfield
                          Richard F. Graveman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP).  Extended from MPLS
technologies, MPLS-TP introduces new OAM capabilities, a transport-
oriented path protection mechanism, and strong emphasis on static
provisioning supported by network management systems.  This document
addresses the security aspects that are relevant in the context of
MPLS-TP specifically.  It describes the security requirements for
MPLS-TP and potential security threats and mitigation procedures for
MPLS-TP networks and MPLS-TP inter-connection to MPLS and GMPLS
networks.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

   This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

   [RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF Consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-02.txt