Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-distributed-mobility-ps-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:38:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem statement for distributed and dynamic mobility management
	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-distributed-mobility-ps-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   The traditional hierarchical structure of cellular networks has led
   to deployment models which are heavily centralized.  Mobility
   management with centralized mobility anchoring in existing
   hierarchical mobile networks is quite prone to suboptimal routing and
   issues related to scalability.  Centralized functions present a
   single point of failure, and inevitably introduce longer delays and
   higher signaling loads for network operations related to mobility
   management.  To make matters worse, there are numerous variants of
   Mobile IP in addition to other protocols standardized outside the
   IETF, making it much more difficult to create economical and
   interoperable solutions.  In this document we examine the problems of
   centralized mobility management and identify requirements for
   distributed and dynamic mobility management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-distributed-mobility-ps-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-distributed-mobility-ps-05.txt