Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:42:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
	Author(s)       : Stanislav Shalunov
                          Greg Hazel
                          Janardhan Iyengar
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   LEDBAT is an experimental delay-based congestion control algorithm
   that attempts to utilize the available bandwidth on an end-to-end
   path while limiting the consequent increase in queueing delay on the
   path.  LEDBAT uses changes in one-way delay measurements to limit
   congestion that the flow itself induces in the network.  LEDBAT is
   designed for use by background bulk-transfer applications; it is
   designed to be no more aggressive than TCP congestion control and to
   yield in the presence of any competing flows when latency builds,
   thus limiting interference with the network performance of the
   competing flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt