Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension
    Author(s)     : Y. Oiwa, et al
    Filename      : draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-00.txt
    Pages         : 17
    Date          : 2011-10-24
    
This document specifies an extension of HTTP authentication framework
   for use with interactive clients.  Recently, the fundamental features
   of HTTP-level authentication is not enough for complex requirements
   of various Web-based applications.  This makes these applications to
   implement their own authentication frameworks using HTML Forms and
   other means, which becomes one of the hurdles against introducing
   secure authentication mechanisms handled jointly by servers and user-
   agent clients.  The extended framework fills gaps between Web
   application requirements and HTTP authentication provisions to solve
   the above problems, while maintaining some upper-compatibility
   against existing Web and non-Web uses of HTTP authentications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.