Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:00:05 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated)

    Author(s)     : M. Chadalapaka, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-04.txt
    Pages         : 342
    Date          : 2011-10-31
    
  This document describes a transport protocol for SCSI that works
  on top of TCP. The iSCSI protocol aims to be fully compliant with
  the standardized SCSI Architecture Model (SAM-2). RFC 3720
  defined the original iSCSI protocol. RFC 3721 discusses iSCSI
  Naming examples and discovery techniques. Subsequently, RFC 3980
  added an additional naming format to iSCSI protocol. RFC 4850
  followed up by adding a new public extension key to iSCSI. RFC
  5048 offered a number of clarifications and a few improvements and
  corrections to the original iSCSI protocol.

  This document obsoletes RFCs 3720, 3980, 4850 and 5048 by
  consolidating them into a single document and making additional
  updates to the consolidated specification. This document also
  updates RFC 3721 and RFC 3723. The text in this document thus
  supersedes the text in all the noted RFCs wherever there is a
  difference in semantics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.