Subject: I-D Action: draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:35:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problems with the use of IPsec as the security protocol for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Basavaraj Patil
                          Charles Perkins
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Domagoj Premec
	Filename        : draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2011-10-10

   Mobile IPv6 as specified in RFC3775 relies on IPsec for securing the
   signaling messages and user plane traffic between the mobile node and
   home agent.  An IPsec SA between the mobile node and the home agent
   provides security for the mobility signaling.  Use of IPsec for
   securing the data traffic between the mobile node and home agent is
   optional.  This document analyses the implications of the design
   decision to mandate IPsec as the default security protocol for Mobile
   IPv6 and consequently Dual-stack Mobile IPv6 and recommends
   revisiting this decision in view of the experience gained from
   implementation and adoption in other standards bodies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patil-mext-mip6issueswithipsec-04.txt