Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jimmy-pppext-priority-mux-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 13:00:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Priority PPP MMultiplexing

    Author(s)     : J. Vincent, et al
    Filename      : draft-jimmy-pppext-priority-mux-00.txt
    Pages         : 6
    Date          : 2011-10-04
    
    PPP multiplexing is a technique to encapsulate and carry multiple
    subframes inside a single PPP superframe as defined in RFC3153. With
    the existing Muxing mechanism, the carrier superframes waits for
    certain time for the incoming frames to be multiplexed, but this
    wait period may have impact on the delay constrains for the
    subframes. On the other hand lesser wait period for superframes so
    as to reduce the delay means lesser multiplexing efficiency.  This
    document describe a method to achive maximum multiplexing efficiency
    for PPP Multiplexing over a link especially during low and medium
    traffic scenarios with out effecting the delay constraints required
    for different types of traffic over that link.

    With priority multiplexing technique delay for real time traffic
    during Multiplexing can be reduced, still assuring maximum
    Multiplexing efficiency

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jimmy-pppext-priority-mux-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.