Subject: I-D Action: draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:26:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Enhanced Duplicate Address Detection
	Author(s)       : Hemant Singh
                          Wes Beebee
	Filename        : draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-10-14

   Appendix A of [RFC4862] discusses Loopback Suppression and Duplicate
   Address Detection (DAD).  However, [RFC4862] does not settle on one
   specific automated means to detect Loopback of Neighbor Discovery
   (ND) [RFC4861] messages used by DAD.  Several service provider
   communities have expressed a need for automated detection of looped
   backed ND messages used by DAD.  This document outlines an algorithm
   to automate detection of looped back IPv6 ND messages used by DAD.
   Further, for certain access networks the document automates resolving
   a specific duplicate address conflict.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt