Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 21:15:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications
	Author(s)       : Tony Hansen
                          Chris Newman
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-10-30

   Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
   operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
   (RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464) are presently limited to US-ASCII text
   in the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
   adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
   original recipient address with non-US-ASCII characters can be
   correctly preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides
   updated content return media types for delivery status notifications
   and message disposition notifications to support use of the new
   address type.

   This document extends RFC 3461, RFC 3462, RFC 3464, and RFC 3798.  It
   replaces the experimental RFC 5337.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-05.txt