Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-netext-eapbu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:15:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Optimizing IP Mobility Authentication with EAP

    Author(s)     : B. Patil, et al
    Filename      : draft-perkins-netext-eapbu-00.txt
    Pages         : 8
    Date          : 2011-10-25
    
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is commonly used for
   access authentication in many wireless networks.  EAP methods often
   involve AAA servers to effect the required authentications;
   notifications about success or failure are then relayed back to a
   functional module in the access network known as the Network Access
   Server.  The Binding Authentication Data option has been defined for
   enabling alternative methods for authentication in the context of
   Mobile IPv6, and there is a subtype allocated for AAA-based
   authentication methods such as EAP.  However, some EAP methods
   require additional handling that requires specification not yet
   available in the existing documentation for the Binding
   Authentication Data option.  This document provides the required
   specification for at least some very widely deployed EAP methods.  In
   many situations requiring the use of EAP, this enables much faster
   operation for Mobile IPv6 tunnel redirection to a wireless device's
   new care-of address by avoiding having to do multiple
   authentications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-netext-eapbu-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.