Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-opus-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:33:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the Opus Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Jean-Marc Valin
                          Koen Vos
                          Timothy B. Terriberry
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-opus-09.txt
	Pages           : 322
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document defines the Opus interactive speech and audio codec.
   Opus is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
   applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game
   chat, and even live, distributed music performances.  It scales from
   low bit-rate narrowband speech at 6 kb/s to very high quality stereo
   music at 510 kb/s.  Opus uses both linear prediction (LP) and the
   Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT) to achieve good compression
   of both speech and music.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-opus-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-codec-opus-09.txt