Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bitar-mpls-isis-explicit-null-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:00:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : ISIS MPLS Explicit NULL Label
    Author(s)     : G. Swallow, et al
    Filename      : draft-bitar-mpls-isis-explicit-null-label-00.txt
    Pages         : 7
    Date          : 2011-10-24
    
There is need to support IP interfaces on the top of GMPLS 
        packet Label Switched Paths (LSPs), and enable IP routing 
        (e.g., OSPF-TE, ISIS-TE) and MPLS protocols on these 
        interfaces. Traffic on an IP/MPLS interface can be user 
        traffic or control traffic. In addition, it can be MPLS, IP 
        or ISIS. Multiplexing IP and MPLS packets over the same LSP 
        is supported in the current MPLS architecture. However, 
        multiplexing IP, MPLS, and ISIS packets over the same LSP is 
        not currently supported. This draft proposes the definition 
        of an explicit ISIS NULL label to enable this type of 
        multiplexing to take place.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bitar-mpls-isis-explicit-null-label-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.