Subject: I-D Action: draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:12:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement: Overlays for Network Virtualization
	Author(s)       : Thomas Narten
                          Murari Sridharan
                          Dinesh Dutt
                          David Black
                          Lawrence Kreeger
	Filename        : draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document describes issues associated with providing multi-
   tenancy in large data center networks and an overlay-based network
   virtualization approach to addressing them.  A key multi-tenancy
   requirement is traffic isolation, so that a tenant&#39;s traffic is not
   visible to any other tenant.  This isolation can be achieved by
   assigning one or more virtual networks to each tenant such that
   traffic within a virtual network is isolated from traffic in other
   virtual networks.  The primary functionality required is provisioning
   virtual networks, associating a virtual machine&#39;s NIC with the
   appropriate virtual network, and maintaining that association as the
   virtual machine is activated, migrated and/or deactivated.  Use of an
   overlay-based approach enables scalable deployment on large network
   infrastructures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-01.txt