Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:31:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight extension to Dual-Stack lite
	Author(s)       : Xiaohong Deng
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Peng Wu
                          Qiong Sun
                          Cathy Zhou
	Filename        : draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-10-25

       The dual-stack lite mechanism provide an IPv4 access method over IPv6
       ISP network for end users.  Dual-Stack Lite enables an IPv6 provider
       to share IPv4 addresses among customers by combining IPv4-in-IPv6
       tunnel and Carrier Grade NAT technologies.  However, with basic Dual-
       stack Lite approach, CGN has to maintain active NAT sessions, which
       requires processing performance, memory size for NAT sessions and log
       abilities scale with number of sessions from subscribers, and hence
       result in increasing of CAPEX for operators when traffic increase.

       This document propose the lightweight extensions to DS-Lite, which
       allows offloading NAT translation function from centralized network
       side (AFTR) to distributed customer equipments (B4), thereby offering
       flexibilities for ISPs to adjust trade-off between CAPEX (e.g. less
       performance requirements on AFTR device), OPEX (e.g., easy and fast
       deployment of Dual-Stack Lite). The ability of easily co-deploying
       with basic Dual-Stack Lite is essential to lightweight extension to
       DS-Lite.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhou-softwire-b4-nat-03.txt