Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:18:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An IPv6 Routing Header for Source Routes with RPL
	Author(s)       : Jonathan W. Hui
                          JP Vasseur
                          David E. Culler
                          Vishwas Manral
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-10-11

   In Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), memory constraints on routers
   may limit them to maintaining at most a few routes.  In some
   configurations, it is necessary to use these memory constrained
   routers to deliver datagrams to nodes within the LLN.  The Routing
   for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) protocol can be used in some
   deployments to store most, if not all, routes on one (e.g. the
   Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) root) or few routers and forward the
   IPv6 datagram using a source routing technique to avoid large routing
   tables on memory constrained routers.  This document specifies a new
   IPv6 Routing header type for delivering datagrams within a RPL
   domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header-04.txt