Subject: I-D Action: draft-bitar-datacenter-vpn-applicability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:18:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cloud Networking: Framework and VPN Applicability
	Author(s)       : Nabil Bitar
                          Florin Balus
                          Marc Lasserre
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Yuichi Ikejiri
                          Mircea Pisica
	Filename        : draft-bitar-datacenter-vpn-applicability-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Cloud Computing has been attracting a lot of attention from the
   networking industry. Some of the most publicized requirements are
   related to the evolution of the Cloud Networking Infrastructure to
   accommodate a large number of tenants, efficient network utilization,
   scalable loop avoidance, and Virtual Machine Mobility.

   This draft describes a framework for cloud networking, highlighting
   the applicability of existing work in various IETF Working Groups
   (e.g., RFCs and drafts developed in IETF L2VPN and L3VPN Working
   Groups) to cloud networking, and the gaps and problems that need to
   be further addressed. That is, the goal is to understand what may be
   re-used from the current protocols and call out requirements specific
   to the Cloud space that need to be addressed by new standardization
   work with proposed solutions in certain cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bitar-datacenter-vpn-applicability-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bitar-datacenter-vpn-applicability-01.txt