Subject: I-D Action: draft-halpern-6man-nddos-mitigation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:17:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mitigating Neighbor Discovery Based Denial of Service Attacks
	Author(s)       : Joel M. Halpern
	Filename        : draft-halpern-6man-nddos-mitigation-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-10-17

   It has been observed that with the large space of IPv6 addresses
   within a subnet, remote attackers can send packets that saturate a
   rotuers ND cache, and potentially saturate a subnet with ND
   Soliciation messages as well.  Some operational techniques and small
   protocol adjustments have been proposed that can help alleviate this
   problem.  This draft proposes a slightly more drastic optional
   behavior for routers, which can nearly eliminate this problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-halpern-6man-nddos-mitigation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-halpern-6man-nddos-mitigation-00.txt