Subject: I-D Action: draft-marques-l3vpn-end-system-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:42:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : End-system support for BGP-signaled IP/VPNs.
	Author(s)       : Pedro Marques
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Ping Pan
	Filename        : draft-marques-l3vpn-end-system-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-05

   Network Service Providers often use BGP/MPLS IP VPNs [RFC4364] as the
   control plane for overlay networks.  That solution has proven to
   scale to large number of VPNs and attachment points and is one
   familiar to network equipment software.

   There is a significant interest in the industry in building overlay
   networks in which end-systems are themselves the direct participant,
   along with network equipment such as service appliances.

   This document proposes an extension of the BGP IP VPN model to serve
   as the signaling protocol for host-based overlay networks along with
   an XMPP interface that provides a bridge between the software
   concepts familiar to end-points and those familiar to network
   equipment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marques-l3vpn-end-system-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marques-l3vpn-end-system-00.txt