Subject: I-D Action: draft-armd-datacenter-reference-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:39:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Data Center Reference Architectures
	Author(s)       : Manish Karir
                          Ian Foo
	Filename        : draft-armd-datacenter-reference-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   The continued growth of large-scale data centers has resulted in a
   wide range of architectures and designs.  Each design is tuned to
   address the challenges and requirements of the specific applications
   and workload that the data is being built for.  Each design evolves
   as engineering solutions are developed to workaround limitations of
   existing protocols, hardware, as well as software implementations.

   The goal of this document is to characterize this problem space in
   detail in order to better understand if there is any gap in making
   address resolution scale in various network designs for data
   centers.  In particular it is our goal to peel back the various
   optimization and engineering solutions to develop generalized
   reference architectures for a data center.  We also discuss the
   various factors that influence design choices in developing various
   data center designs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-armd-datacenter-reference-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-armd-datacenter-reference-arch-00.txt