Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhangm-ccamp-metric-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:38:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance Metric of Convergence Time of Information Flooding in Multi- Area GMPLS Networks
	Author(s)       : Min Zhang
                          Hui Ding
                          Yongli Zhao
                          Haiyi Zhang
                          Yunbin Xu
	Filename        : draft-zhangm-ccamp-metric-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-10-21

   As one of the requirements of link state based routing protocols such
   as OSPF, link state update packets are intervally or reactively
   disseminate in the network in order to keep the information of
   topology and links resource synchronized at each control node.
   Considering large scale networks, massive messages are flooded in the
   control plane of General Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) based
   multi-area networks.  The convergence time of link state based
   routing protocols will have a significant impact on the performance
   of the networks.  So measuring and analyzing the convergence time of
   information flooding in multi-areas becomes very important.  This
   document provides suggestions for measuring OSPF multi-area control
   plane convergence.  A performance metric of convergence time of
   information flooding is proposed to characterize the ability of
   information synchronization in multi-area networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhangm-ccamp-metric-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhangm-ccamp-metric-02.txt