Subject: I-D Action: draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:13:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Port Control Protocol (PCP) Authentication Mechanism
	Author(s)       : Margaret Wasserman
                          Sam Hartman
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   An IPv4 or IPv6 host can use the Port Control Protocol (PCP) to
   flexibly manage the IP address and port mapping information on
   Network Address Translators (NATs) or firewalls, to facilitate
   communications with remote hosts.  However, the un-controlled
   generation or deletion of IP address mappings on such network devices
   may cause security risks and should be avoided.  In some cases the
   client may need to prove that it is authorized to modify, create or
   delete PCP mappings.  This document proposes an in-band
   authentication mechanism for PCP that can be used in those cases.
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is used to perform
   authentication between PCP devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-pcp-authentication-01.txt