Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:17:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Scoped Data Through Attribute Leaves
	Author(s)       : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-13

   Historically, any DNS RR may occur for any domain name.  Recent
   additions have defined DNS leaf nodes that contain a reserved node
   name, beginning with an underscore.  The underscore construct is used
   to define a semantic scope for DNS records associated with the parent
   domain.  This note explores the nature of this DNS usage and defines
   the &quot;underscore names&quot; registry with IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-06.txt