Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 23:33:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Improved DNS Server Selection for Multi-Interfaced Nodes
	Author(s)       : Teemu Savolainen
                          Jun-ya Kato
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2011-10-18

   A multi-interfaced node is connected to multiple networks, some of
   which may be utilizing private DNS namespaces.  A node commonly
   receives DNS server configuration information from all connected
   networks.  Some of the DNS servers may have information about
   namespaces other servers do not have.  When a multi-interfaced node
   needs to utilize DNS, the node has to choose which of the servers to
   contact to.  This document describes DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options that
   can be used to configure nodes with information required to perform
   informed DNS server selection decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-06.txt