Subject: I-D Action: draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 02:05:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipoint Label Distribution Protocol In-Band Signaling in a VPN Context
	Author(s)       : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Paul Hitchen
                          Nicolai Leymann
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-10-07

   Sometimes an IP multicast distribution tree (MDT) traverses both
   MPLS-enabled and non-MPLS-enabled regions of a network.  Typically
   the MDT begins and ends in non-MPLS regions, but travels through an
   MPLS region.  In such cases, it can be useful to begin building the
   MDT as a pure IP MDT, then convert it to an MPLS Multipoint LSP
   (Label Switched Path) when it enters an MPLS-enabled region, and then
   convert it back to a pure IP MDT when it enters a non-MPLS-enabled
   region.  [I-D.ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling] specifies the
   procedures for building such a hybrid MDT, using Protocol Independent
   Multicast (PIM) as the control protocol in the non-MPLS region of the
   network, and using Multipoint Extensions to Label Distribution
   Protocol (mLDP) in the MPLS region.  This document extends those
   procedures so that they will work when the links between the MPLS and
   non-MPLS regions are [RFC4364] interfaces.  While these procedures do
   not provide a good general multicast VPN solution, they are useful in
   certain specific situations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-vpn-in-band-signaling-00.txt