Subject: I-D Action: draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 22:36:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NETCONF over WebSocket
	Author(s)       : Tomoyuki Iijima
                          Hiroyasu Kimura
                          Yoshifumi Atarashi
                          Hidemitsu Higuchi
	Filename        : draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-10-20

   This memo proposes transporting NETCONF over WebSocket
   protocol[I-D.ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol].  The use of HTTP and
   Web-based applications are increasing with the emergence of advanced
   drawing technologies and cloud computing.  IT management systems
   supporting browser-based interface are getting common.  It&#39;s natural
   for network management systems to support Web-based interface.
   Currently, however, few network management protocols support the
   transportation over HTTP.  Although NETCONF[RFC6241] was defined to
   be sent over SOAP/HTTPS[RFC4743], it was excluded from the options of
   realizing notification mechanism[RFC5277] since HTTP lacks bi-
   directional capabilty.  At present, WebSocket protocol, the update of
   HTTP with bi-directional capability, is available.  This memo
   describes the way NETCONF is sent over WebSocket protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-01.txt