Subject: I-D Action: draft-yan-mext-dnsmip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:11:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS update for MIPv6
	Author(s)       : Zhiwei Yan
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
	Filename        : draft-yan-mext-dnsmip-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-10-24

       In order to update the DNS (Domain Name System)[1] resource records
       (RRs) for the node when its name or address changes, the DDNS
       (Dynamic DNS) protocol[2] has been standardized as an extension of
       basic DNS protocol. Then the security DDNS scheme[3] was proposed to
       enhance the security of DDNS. Based on these two protocols, the DNS
       update can be used in many scenarios, for example in the DHCP
       (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)[4] deployed environment.

       Based on these specifications, this document defines the extension
       in MIPv6 (Mobile IPv6)[5] to achieve DNS update for the named MN
       (Mobile Node). Specifically speaking, the FQND Option defined in the
       RFC4704[6] is included in the MIPv6 BU (Binding Update) signaling
       message. Then the PTR RR or AAAA and PTR RRs may be updated by the
       HA (Home Agent) when the HoA (Home Address) or name of MN changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yan-mext-dnsmip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yan-mext-dnsmip-00.txt