Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:44:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP ACCEPT_OWN Community Attribute
	Author(s)       : James Uttaro
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          David J. Smith
                          Robert Raszuk
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-10-02

   Under certain conditions it is desirable for a BGP route reflector to
   be able to modify the Route Target list of a VPN route that is
   distributed by the route reflector, enabling the route reflector to
   control how a route originated within one VRF is imported into other
   VRFs.  This technique works effectively as long as the VRF that
   exports the route is not on the same PE as the VRF(s) that import the
   route.  However, due to the constraints of the BGP protocol, it does
   not work if the two are on the same PE.  This document describes a
   modification to the BGP protocol allowing this technique to work when
   the VRFs are on the same PE, allowing the technique to be used in a
   standard manner throughout an autonomous system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-04.txt