Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:22:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Syntax
	Author(s)       : Alfred Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Uniform Resource Names (URNs) are intended to serve as persistent,
   location-independent, resource identifiers.  This document serves as
   the foundation of the &#39;urn&#39; URI Scheme according to RFC 3986 and sets
   forward the canonical syntax for URNs, which subdivides URNs into
   &quot;namespaces&quot;.  A discussion of both existing legacy and new
   namespaces and requirements for URN presentation and transmission are
   presented.  Finally, there is a discussion of URN equivalence and how
   to determine it.  This document supersedes RFC 2141.

   The requirements and procedures for URN Namespace registration
   documents are currently set forth in RFC 3406, which is also being
   updated by a companion, revised specification dubbed RFC 3406bis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-01.txt