Subject: I-D Action: draft-stiliadis-sdnp-framework-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:38:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Software Defined Networks: Use Cases and Framework
	Author(s)       : Dimitri Stiliadis
                          Florin Balus
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Nabil Bitar
	Filename        : draft-stiliadis-sdnp-framework-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-10-24

This document presents an application framework and associated use
cases to help define the scope of the SDNP working group. The use cases
start with an abstract representation of a multi-tier application and
illustrate the composition of a network service that can meet the
requirements of the particular application. The service composition
process is split into several steps, including application requirement
specification, network mapping, service binding, and policy control. We
also provide examples of interactions between an SDNP controller and L2
and L3 control layer protocols in order to deliver the end-to-end
service. Finally, as a derivate of that, an architecture framework for
SDNP that meets these requirements is proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiliadis-sdnp-framework-use-cases-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiliadis-sdnp-framework-use-cases-00.txt