Subject: I-D Action: draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:32:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring IPv6 Traffic in BitTorrent Networks
	Author(s)       : Martin Defeche
                          Eric Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   This document is a follow-up of a University thesis which aims to
   measure the evolution over time of IPv6 traffic and to analyze the
   geographical distribution of IPv6 nodes.  The first measurements were
   done during the Summer 2009 using a specific-purpose program which
   connects to the BitTorrent peer-to-peer network and this document
   adds measurements done with the same program but in October 2011 (2
   years later).

   The study was made in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) networks because they are
   responsible for most Internet traffic and because their structure and
   functioning permit a rapid discovery of a large number of nodes from
   all over the world.  In addition, the P2P users are more likely to be
   interested by IPv6 as IPv6 does not have the same NAT problems as
   IPv4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-00.txt