Subject: I-D Action: draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:03:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)       : Hiroshi Kitamura
                          Shingo Ata
	Filename        : draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   This document discusses notion and actual mechanisms of
   &quot;Corresponding Auto Names&quot; for IPv6 Addresses. With this mechanism,
   all IPv6 addresses (even if they are link-local scoped addresses)
   can obtain their own Names, and it will be able to use Names
   anywhere instead of IPv6 Addresses.

   IPv6 address is too long and complicated to remember, and it is
   very nuisance thing to type a literal IPv6 address manually as an
   argument of applications. Also, it is very difficult for human
   beings to tell which IPv6 address is set to which actual IPv6 node.
   In this sense, literal IPv6 address information can be called
   meaningless information for human beings.

   In order to solve above problems and to make the information
   meaningful, mechanisms called Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6
   addresses is introduced. They will become gentle information for
   human beings. By applying a simple naming rule to the Auto Names
   (e.g., use the same name-prefix for IPv6 addresses that are set to
   the same interface (node)), this will contribute to help people to
   understand which IPv6 address / Name indicates which actual IPv6
   node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-00.txt