Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-atoca-delivery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:01:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Scalable Robust Alerting Protocol (SCRAP)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-barnes-atoca-delivery-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   Emergency alerts need to be delivered reliably from one source to
   many recipients at once.  TCP is unsuitable for this style of
   delivery, because the large number of acknowledgements would likely
   cause network congestion.  This document defines a UDP-based protocol
   for delivering alerts that supports fragmentation and retransmission
   for reliability, and allows the sender of a datagram to control
   whether acknowledgements are sent.

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-atoca-delivery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-atoca-delivery-00.txt