Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:17:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: Clarifications and Corrections
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Vishwas Manral
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   standard provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology, safe
   forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
   multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. TRILL
   accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a
   header that includes a hop count. Devices that implement TRILL are
   called RBridges.

   Since the TRILL base protocol, RFC 6325, was approved, active
   development of TRILL has revealed corner cases that could use
   clarification and a few errors in the original RFC. RFCs 6327, XXXX,
   and YYYY, provide clarifications with respect to Adjacency, Appointed
   Forwarders, and the TRILL ESADI protocol. This document provide other
   known clarifications and corrections and updates RFC 6325.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt