Subject: I-D Action: draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:40:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID)
	Author(s)       : Kathleen M. Moriarty
	Filename        : draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 71
	Date            : 2011-10-30

   This document moves Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) [RFC6045]
   to Historic status as it provides minor updates.  Security incidents,
   such as system compromises, worms, viruses, phishing incidents, and
   denial of service, typically result in the loss of service, data, and
   resources both human and system.  Service providers and Computer
   Security Incident Response Teams need to be equipped and ready to
   assist in communicating and tracing security incidents with tools and
   procedures in place before the occurrence of an attack.  Real-time
   Inter-network Defense (RID) outlines a proactive inter-network
   communication method to facilitate sharing incident handling data
   while integrating existing detection, tracing, source identification,
   and mitigation mechanisms for a complete incident handling solution.
   Combining these capabilities in a communication system provides a way
   to achieve higher security levels on networks.  Policy guidelines for
   handling incidents are recommended and can be agreed upon by a
   consortium using the security recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-mile-rfc6045-bis-02.txt