Subject: I-D Action: draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:56:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
	Author(s)       : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a &quot;Network Map Service&quot;, an
   &quot;Endpoint Cost Service&quot; and an &quot;Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service&quot; and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol.  The purpose is to broaden the
   possibilities of the Application Clients in two ways.  Firstly it
   proposes to include information on multiple cost types in a single
   ALTO transaction, providing a better mapping of the Selected
   Endpoints to needs of the growing diversity of Content Networking
   Applications and to the network conditions.  Secondly it proposes new
   cost types, that are an abstraction of time-sensitive network
   information as viewed by the Network Provider.  All this also helps
   producing a more robust choice when multiple Endpoints must be
   selected.

   There are 2 parts in this draft: the first part initiates protocol
   extensions to support requests on multiple Cost Types in one single
   transaction.  These first extensions also integrate the discussions
   within the ALTO Working Group.  The second part proposes use cases
   motivating further definitions of additional CostTypes and Cost
   related attributes and capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-04.txt