Subject: I-D Action: draft-cardenas-dff-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:45:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Alvaro A. Cardenas
                          Sandra L. Cespedes
                          Tadashige Iwao
	Filename        : draft-cardenas-dff-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document describes the Depth-First Forwarding (DFF) protocol for
   IPv6 networks based on the IEEE 802.15.4 link layer (6lowpan).  The
   protocol is a mesh-under data forwarding mechanism that increases
   reliability of data delivery in cases where the next hop along the
   path to the destination, as determined by the underlying routing
   protocol, is not reachable.  In that case, a node running DFF tries
   to forward the packet successively to all neighbors, and - if the
   packet makes no forward progress - returns it to the previous hop,
   similar to a &quot;depth-first search&quot; in graph theory.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cardenas-dff-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cardenas-dff-02.txt