Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-26.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:21:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Speech Services Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)
	Author(s)       : Daniel C. Burnett
                          Saravanan Shanmugham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-26.txt
	Pages           : 225
	Date            : 2011-10-30

   The MRCPv2 protocol allows client hosts to control media service
   resources such as speech synthesizers, recognizers, verifiers and
   identifiers residing in servers on the network.  MRCPv2 is not a
   &quot;stand-alone&quot; protocol - it relies on other protocols, such as
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to rendezvous MRCPv2 clients and
   servers and manage sessions between them, and the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP) to describe, discover and exchange capabilities.  It
   also depends on SIP and SDP to establish the media sessions and
   associated parameters between the media source or sink and the media
   server.  Once this is done, the MRCPv2 protocol exchange operates
   over the control session established above, allowing the client to
   control the media processing resources on the speech resource server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-26.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-26.txt