Subject: I-D Action: draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:37:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transport of CoAP over SMS and GPRS
	Author(s)       : Markus Becker
                          Koojana Kuladinithi
                          Thomas Poetsch
	Filename        : draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   The Short Message Service (SMS) of mobile cellular networks is
   frequently used in Machine-To-Machine (M2M) communications, such as
   for telematic devices.  The service offers small packet sizes and
   high delays just as other typical low-power and lossy networks
   (LLNs), i.e. 6LoWPANs.  The design of the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP), that took the limitations of LLNs into account, is
   thus also applicable to telematic M2M devices.  The adaption of CoAP
   to the SMS transport mechanism is described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-00.txt