Subject: I-D Action: draft-nieminen-core-service-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 03:06:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Configuration and service discovery of IPv6 capable sensors
	Author(s)       : Johanna Nieminen
                          Basavaraj Patil
                          Teemu Savolainen
                          Markus Isomaki
                          Zach Shelby
                          Carles Gomez
	Filename        : draft-nieminen-core-service-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   The number and type of Internet connected devices continues to grow
   rapidly.  Sensors are a new category of devices that are becoming
   Internet connected.  While sensors have existed for a long time, it
   is only now that we see sensors being capable of communicating via an
   IP stack.  Sensors are used in a multitude of industries and
   applications.  By enabling these devices to be Internet connected,
   they open up new vistas in terms of applications and uses.  Most
   sensors are generally small with minimal power and processing
   capabilities.  The ability to configure these devices is a challenge.
   However, in order to make the usage and deployment of Internet
   connected sensors easier, it is essential that there exist a well
   defined configuration, control, and service discovery mechanism.
   This document illustrates various use cases of sensors in different
   types of deployments and a solution for configuring and controlling
   them in addition to the ability for sensors and devices to discover
   services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nieminen-core-service-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nieminen-core-service-discovery-00.txt