Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:59:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rbridges: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) support for TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
	Author(s)       : Vishwas Manral
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Dave Ward
                          Ayan Banerjee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This document specifies use of the BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection) protocol in RBridge campuses based on the Rbridge Channel
   extension to the TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol.

   BFD is a widely deployed (Operations, Administration and Maintenance)
   OAM mechanism in IP and MPLS networks.  However, in the present form
   a BFD packet cannot be sent over a TRILL network as it is either IP/
   UDP encapsulated or encapsulated directly over Multi Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) or using Associated Channel Header (ACH)
   encapsulation.  This document defines BFD encapsulation over TRILL to
   address this shortcoming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-01.txt