Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:15:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : 2547 egress PE Fast Failure Protection

    Author(s)     : M. Konstantynowicz, et al
    Filename      : draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-00.txt
    Pages         : 13
    Date          : 2011-10-24
    
This document specifies a mechanism for protecting RFC2547 based VPN
   service against egress node failure.  The mechanism enables local
   repair to be performed immediately upon a egress node failure.  In
   particular, the router at point of local repair (PLR) can redirect
   VPN traffic to a protector to repair in the order of tens of
   milliseconds, achieving fast protection that is comparable to MPLS
   fast reroute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.