Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 01:18:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security-based Mobile IPv6 Security Framework for Mobile Node to Home Agent Communication
	Author(s)       : Jouni Korhonen
                          Basavaraj Patil
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Dirk Kroeselberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-02.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2011-10-11

   Mobile IPv6 signaling between a mobile node and its home agent is
   secured using IPsec.  The security association between a mobile node
   and the home agent is established using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  The security
   model specified for Mobile IPv6, which relies on IKE/IPsec, requires
   interaction between the Mobile IPv6 protocol component and the IKE/
   IPsec module of the IP stack.  This document proposes an alternate
   security framework for Mobile IPv6 and Dual-Stack Mobile IPv6, which
   relies on Transport Layer Security for establishing keying material
   and other bootstrapping parameters required to protect Mobile IPv6
   signaling and data traffic between the mobile node and home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-mip6-tls-02.txt