Subject: I-D Action: draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:52:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Privacy Terminology
	Author(s)       : Marit Hansen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Rhys Smith
	Filename        : draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-10-29

   Privacy is a concept that has been debated and argued throughout the
   last few millennia by all manner of people.  Its most striking
   feature is that nobody seems able to agree upon a precise definition
   of what it actually is.  In order to discuss privacy in any
   meaningful way a tightly defined context needs to be elucidated.  The
   specific context of privacy used within this document is that of
   &quot;personal data&quot;, information about an individual stored and/or
   transmitted electronically in Internet protocols.  This context is
   highly relevant since a lot of work within the IETF involves defining
   protocols that can potentially transport (either explicitly or
   implicitly) personal data.

   This document aims to establish a basic lexicon around privacy so
   that IETF contributors who wish to discuss privacy considerations
   within their work can do so using terminology consistent across the
   area.

   Note: This document is discussed at
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-privacy

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-privacy-terminology-03.txt