Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:27:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP Multiplexing Architecture
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   RTP has always been a protocol that supports multiple participants
   each sending their own media streams in an RTP session.  Thus relying
   on the three main multiplexing points in RTP; RTP session, SSRC and
   Payload Type for their various needs.  However, most usages of RTP
   have been less complex often with a single SSRC in each direction,
   with a single RTP session per media type.  But the more complex
   usages start to be more common and thus guidance on how to use RTP in
   various complex cases are needed.  This document analyzes a number of
   cases and discusses the usage of the various multiplexing points and
   the need for functionality when defining RTP/RTCP extensions that
   utilize multiple RTP streams and multiple RTP sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture-00.txt