Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-privacy-workshop-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:30:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Report from the Internet Privacy Workshop
	Author(s)       : Alissa Cooper
	Filename        : draft-iab-privacy-workshop-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-10-09

   On December 8-9, 2010, the IAB co-hosted an Internet privacy workshop
   with the W3C, ISOC, and MIT&#39;s Computer Science and Artificial
   Intelligence Laboratory.  The workshop revealed some of the
   fundamental challenges in designing, deploying, and analyzing
   privacy-protective Internet protocols and systems.  Although workshop
   participants and the community as a whole are still far from
   understanding how best to systematically address privacy within
   Internet standards development, workshop participants identified a
   number of potential next steps.  For the IETF, these included the
   creation of a privacy directorate to review Internet drafts, further
   work on documenting privacy considerations for protocol developers,
   and a number of exploratory efforts concerning fingerprinting and
   anonymized routing.  Potential action items for the W3C included
   investigating the formation of a privacy interest group and
   formulating guidance about fingerprinting, referrer headers, data
   minimization in APIs, usability, and general considerations for non-
   browser-based protocols.

   Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
   workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect the
   views of the IAB, W3C, ISOC or MIT CSAIL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-workshop-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-workshop-01.txt