Subject: I-D Action: draft-seedorf-alto-for-cdni-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:43:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO for CDNi Request Routing
	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
	Filename        : draft-seedorf-alto-for-cdni-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-10-19

   Network Service Providers (NSPs) are currently considering to deploy
   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) within their networks.  As a
   consequence of this development, there is a need for interconnecting
   these local CDNs.  The necessary interfaces for inter-connecting CDNs
   are currently being defined in the Content Delivery Networks
   Interconnection (CDNi) WG.  This document focusses on the Request
   Routing Interface of CDNi, and more specifically on how the solutions
   currently being defined in the Application Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) WG can improve CDNi request routing.  The overall intention
   behind this document is to foster discussions (in the CDNi as well as
   in the ALTO WG) regarding a) if, b) how, and c) under what conditions
   ALTO can be useful to optimize CDNi request routing.  As basis for
   this discussion, this document provides concrete examples of how ALTO
   can be integrated within CDNi request routing.  The examples in this
   document are based on the use cases and examples currently being
   discussed in the CDNi WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seedorf-alto-for-cdni-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seedorf-alto-for-cdni-00.txt