Subject: I-D Action: draft-manning-cdni-additional-csf-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:13:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Additional Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Requirements Based on ATIS CSF
	Author(s)       : Serge Manning
                          Robert Streijl
                          Vishwa Prasad
                          Percy Tarapore
                          Mike Geller
                          Ramki Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-manning-cdni-additional-csf-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-10-21

   The purpose of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) is to deliver
   content to end users in an efficient manner from the perspective of
   the network providers and with consistently good performance from
   the perspective of the end user. Due to footprint limitations of a
   single network provider, it may be necessary to interconnect CDNs
   between different providers. The Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI) working group has been chartered to develop
   an interoperable and scalable solution for such CDN interconnection.

   The requirements for CDN interconnection are being discussed and
   developed in various industry forums. One example is the Alliance
   for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) Cloud Services
   Forum (CSF) which is looking at CDN interconnection requirements
   from the perspective of telecom providers. This document introduces
   some additional requirements to be included in the CDNI working
   group based on conclusions reached by ATIS CSF. The goal is for
   specifications developed by CDNI to successfully support some of the
   needs expressed by ATIS CSF as interpreted by the authors of this
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manning-cdni-additional-csf-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manning-cdni-additional-csf-reqs-00.txt