Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nordman-power-locator-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:30:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Power Locator
    Author(s)     : B. Nordman, et al
    Filename      : draft-nordman-power-locator-00.txt
    Pages         : 7
    Date          : 2011-10-24
    
This specification addresses how to request that a device should
   enter a "power locator" mode for a limited period of time.  The mode
   involves a device cycling between a low and high power level in a
   predictable manner so that a power metering device upstream in the
   power distribution system can sense the signal and so determine where
   the device draws its power from.  This will be useful in many types
   of buildings, particularly data centers and large commercial
   buildings.  This draft addresses operation of the device carrying out
   the request, but not detailed operation of the device that makes the
   request and interprets the results.

   This draft is an initial discussion document to generate feedback and
   improvement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordman-power-locator-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.