Subject: I-D Action: draft-ohta-practically-secure-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 02:35:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Practically Secure DNS
	Author(s)       : Masataka Ohta
	Filename        : draft-ohta-practically-secure-dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   Plain DNS without PKI is secure, if a chain of query/response
   communications between a client and an authoritative server relayed
   by zero or more intermediate resolvers and the authoritative server
   and all the resolvers are secure.

   However, because of short (16bit) message ID, the communications
   composing the chain are not very secure without, or even with (port
   exhaustion attack is possible), source port randomization.

   Still, plain DNS can be made practically secure, if the client makes
   two queries with independent message IDs to an address of a server (a
   resolver or a name server) and confirm that two replies are
   identical.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-practically-secure-dns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-practically-secure-dns-00.txt