Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:19:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for 6rd
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-10-11

   This memo specifies modifications required to 6rd so that both IPv6
   hosts can receive multicast data from IPv6 servers.  In AMT based
   solution, AMT Gateway at the 6rd Customer Edge router uses AMT
   protocol to establish a tunnel interface with AMT Relay at the 6rd
   Border Relay and this tunnel is used to exchange MLD messages to
   establish multicast state at AMT Relay so that AMT Relay can tunnel
   IPv6 multicast data to IPv6 hosts connected to AMT Gateway.  In 6rd
   Proxy Multicast solution, the protocol is based on proxying MLD at
   the 6rd Customer Edge router and then tunneling MLD messages to 6rd
   Border Relays where IPv6 multicast routing is supported.  Multicast
   data received at 6rd Border Relay is tunneled to 6rd Customer Edge
   node and then delivered to the hosts.  We show that IPv4 multicast
   and IGMP can be supported in a similar way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-02.txt