Subject: I-D Action: draft-yao-dnsop-xname-loop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 07:28:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : xNAME loop detection and its usage suggestion
	Author(s)       : Jiankang Yao
                          Xiaodong Lee
	Filename        : draft-yao-dnsop-xname-loop-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2011-11-14

   The Domain Name System (DNS) has provided some means, such as CNAME
   or DNAME, where a query can be redirected to a different name.  The
   zone operator should be careful about this redirection, which may
   forms a loop.  The detail analysis of xNAME loop detection and its
   impacts are not specified in the RFC 1035 and RFC 2672.  This
   document gives a detail analysis of xNAME loop and its impacts.  It
   also gives some advices for using xNAME.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-dnsop-xname-loop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-dnsop-xname-loop-00.txt