Subject: I-D Action: draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 02:03:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Record of Discussions of Graceful Restart Extensions for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
	Author(s)       : Palanivelan Appanasamy
	Filename        : draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-13.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-11-17

   This document is a historical record of discussions about extending
   the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) protocol to provide
   additional capabilities to handle Graceful Restart.

   These discussions took place in the context of the IETF's BFD working
   group, and the consensus in that group was that these extensions
   should not be made.

   This document presents a summary of the challenges to BFD in
   surviving a graceful restart, and outlines a potential protocol
   solution that was discussed and rejected within the BFD working
   group.  The purpose of this document is to provide a record of the
   work done so that future effort will not be wasted.  This document
   does not propose or document any extensions to BFD, and there is no
   intention that it should be implemented in its current form.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palanivelan-bfd-v2-gr-13.txt