Subject: I-D Action: draft-tao-savi-savo-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 07:31:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPFv3-based Intra-Domain Source-Address Validation Implementation
	Author(s)       : Tao Zijin
	Filename        : draft-tao-savi-savo-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-11-14

   This memo describes SAVO SAVI, a source address validation mechanism
   for IPv6 networks based on the OSPFv3 protocol within Intra-Domain
   field. The proposed mechanism is intended to complement ingress
   filtering techniques to provide a higher granularity on the control
   of the forged source addresses and it can deal with the asymmetric
   routing for which the common uRPF scheme ([RFC2827]) may fail.

   The proposed SAVO mechanism does not need any additional
   communication between the routers in which the SAVO mechanism has
   been implemented and deployed. It can be incrementally deployed by
   the network manager and when it is only partially deployed it still
   helps to restrict the effect of the source address forging. It
   provides proactive incentives for the users who deploy it for they
   will be able to filter the packets with forged source address to a
   certain range, especially when the forged addresses are in the range
   of OSPF route prefixes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tao-savi-savo-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tao-savi-savo-01.txt