Subject: I-D Action: draft-seite-mext-dma-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 21:07:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dynamic Mobility Anchoring
	Author(s)       : Pierrick Seite
                          Philippe Bertin
	Filename        : draft-seite-mext-dma-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-11-13

   Most existing IP mobility solutions are derived from Mobile IP
   principles where a given mobility anchor maintains Mobile Nodes (MNs)
   binding up-to-date.  Data traffic is then encapsulated between the
   mobility anchor and the MN or its Access Router.  These approaches
   are usually implemented on a centralised architectures where both MN
   context and traffic encapsulation need to be processed at a central
   network entity, i.e. the mobility anchor.  However, one of the trend
   in mobile network evolution is to &quot;flatten&quot; mobility architecture by
   confining mobility support in the access network, e.g. at the access
   routers level, keeping the rest of the network unaware of the
   mobility events and their support.  This document discusses the
   deployment of a Proxy Mobile IP approach in such a flat architecture.
   The solution allows to dynamically distribute mobility functions
   among access routers.  The goal is also to dynamically adapt the
   mobility support of the MN&#39;s needs by applying traffic redirection
   only to MNs&#39; flows when an IP handover occurs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seite-mext-dma-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seite-mext-dma-00.txt