Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-encoded-word-type-u-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:38:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The "U" Encoding for Encoded-Words in Email
	Author(s)       : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-encoded-word-type-u-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-11-24

   The "Encoded Word" conventions have been used extensively in email
   headers and elsewhere to permit the encoding of non-ASCII characters
   where only ASCII ones are normally permitted.  The existing
   specification defines only two kinds of encoding, one of which cannot
   be understood easily by people and the other of which has been widely
   discredited.  This document specifies a third encoding that is easily
   accessible by users and much more closely tied to contemporary
   practices.

   The current version of the proposal is intended for possible
   discussion in the EAI, IRI, and PRECIS WGs to see if it sheds light
   on other issues being discussed in those WGs.  It is not, at this
   point, proposed for adoption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-encoded-word-type-u-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-encoded-word-type-u-00.txt