Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:14:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over IPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-11-30

   Recently, there are demands arising for IPv4 address allocation under
   IPv6 environment, especially in IPv6 transition scenarios.  This
   document describes the mechanism to survive DHCPv4 over IPv6 network.
   DHCPv4 messages are transported in IPv6 packets when traversing the
   IPv6 network.  DHCPv4 protocol behavior of the client and server is
   extended to support this IPv6 transport.  For the relay case, a new
   suboption of the Relay Agent Information Option is defined to carry
   the remote IPv6 address of the clients.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-00.txt