Subject: I-D Action: draft-cakulev-ibake-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:44:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IBAKE: Identity-Based Authenticated Key Exchange
	Author(s)       : Violeta Cakulev
                          Ganapathy S. Sundaram
                          Ioannis Broustis
	Filename        : draft-cakulev-ibake-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-11-13

   Cryptographic protocols based on public key methods are based on
   certificates and public key infrastructure (PKI) to support
   certificate management.  The emerging field of Identity Based
   Encryption protocols allows to simplify the infrastructure
   requirements via a Private-key Generator (PKG) while providing the
   same flexibility.  However one significant limitation of Identity
   Based Encryption methods is that the PKG can end up being a de-facto
   key escrow server with undesirable consequences.  Another observed
   deficiency is a lack of mutual authentication of communicating
   parties.  Here, Identity Based Authenticated Key Exchange (IBAKE)
   Protocol is specified which does not suffer from the key escrow
   problem and in addition provides mutual authentication and a perfect
   forward and backwards secrecy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cakulev-ibake-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cakulev-ibake-06.txt