Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 04:51:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Acee Lindem
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-10.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-11-15

   Currently OSPFv3 uses IPsec as the only mechanism for authenticating
   protocol packets.  This behavior is different from authentication
   mechanisms present in other routing protocols (OSPFv2, IS-IS, RIPng).
   In some environments, it has been found that IPsec is difficult to
   configure and maintain, and cannot be used.  This document proposes
   an alternative mechanism to authenticate OSPFv3 protocol packets so
   that OSPFv3 does not depend upon only IPsec for authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-auth-trailer-ospfv3-10.txt