Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:08:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Unreachability Detection is too impatient
	Author(s)       : Erik Nordmark
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-11-14

   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery includes Neighbor Unreachability Detection.
   That function is very useful when a host has an alternative, for
   instance multiple default routers, since it allows the host to switch
   to the alternative in short time.  This time is 3 seconds after the
   node starts probing.  However, if there are no alternatives, this is
   far too impatient.  This document proposes an approach where an
   implementation can choose the timeout behavior to be different based
   on whether or not there are alternatives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-impatient-nud-00.txt