Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 03:02:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for 6LoWPAN Routing
	Author(s)       : Eunsook Eunah Kim
                          Dominik Kaspar
                          Carles Gomez
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-10.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2011-11-20

   6LoWPANs are formed by devices that are compatible with the IEEE
   802.15.4 standard.  However, neither the IEEE 802.15.4 standard nor
   the 6LoWPAN format specification define how mesh topologies could be
   obtained and maintained.  Thus, it should be considered how 6LoWPAN
   formation and multi-hop routing could be supported.
   This document provides the problem statement and design space for
   6LoWPAN routing.  It defines the routing requirements for 6LoWPAN
   networks, considering the low-power and other particular
   characteristics of the devices and links.  The purpose of this
   document is not to recommend specific solutions, but to provide
   general, layer-agnostic guidelines about the design of 6LoWPAN
   routing, which can lead to further analysis and protocol design.
   This document is intended as input to groups working on routing
   protocols relevant to 6LoWPAN, such as the IETF ROLL WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-10.txt