Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-mext-ihmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:59:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improved Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 (IHMIPv6) Mobility Management
	Author(s)       : Zhengming Ma
                          Lin Wang
	Filename        : draft-ma-mext-ihmipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-11-13

   In HMIPv6 (RFC5213), a mobile node has three IPv6 addresses: HoA,
   RCoA and LCoA.  Outside the domain of a MAP, RCoA is used for
   routing, while HoA is used for authentication.  Hence HA and CN
   should maintain the binding of RCoA and HoA.  Inside the domain of a
   MAP, RCoA is used for authentication, while LCoA is used for routing.
   Hence MAP should maintain the binding of RCoA and LCoA.  Since RCoA
   is used for authentication, it should be unique to a mobile node.
   Therefore, how many mobile nodes there are inside domain of a MAP,
   how many different RCoAs the MAP has to allocate to the mobile nodes.
   In this Internet Draft, an improved or alternative solution to HMIPv6
   is presented, where RCoA is no longer used for authentication inside
   the domains of a MAP.  RCoA is used only for routing outside the
   domain of a MAP, as LCoA does inside the domain of a MAP.  Inside the
   domain of a MAP, HoA is used for authentication, as it does outside
   the domain of a MAP.  Since RCoA is no longer used for
   authentication, only one RCoA will be enough for all mobile nodes
   inside the domain of a MAP.

   Remark: This Internet Draft is based on HMIPv6 (RFC5380).  Only those
   parts in HMIPv6 related to RCoA have been rewritten, while the other
   parts in HMIPv6 remain almost unchanged.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-mext-ihmipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-mext-ihmipv6-00.txt