Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:32:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP Extension for Third-party Loss Report
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Frank Xia
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-09.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-11-29

   In a large RTP session using the RTCP feedback mechanism defined in
   RFC 4585, a feedback target may experience transient overload if some
   event causes a large number of receivers to send feedback at once.
   This overload is usually avoided by ensuring that feedback reports
   are forwarded to all receivers, allowing them to avoid sending
   duplicate feedback reports.  However, there are cases where it is not
   recommended to forward feedback reports, and this may allow feedback
   implosion.  This memo discusses these cases and defines a new RTCP
   third-party loss report that can be used to inform receivers that the
   feedback target is aware of some loss event, allowing them to
   suppress feedback.  Associated SDP signalling is also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-09.txt