Subject: I-D Action: draft-salsano-rditp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:25:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Receiver driven trasport protocol for CONET ICN
	Author(s)       : Stefano Salsano
                          Matteo Cancellieri
                          Andrea Detti
	Filename        : draft-salsano-rditp-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-11-25

   Let us consider an Information Centric Networking (ICN) solution, in
   which an End Node requests for a content sending "content requests"
   (or "interest packets").  The content is provided back to the
   requestor by the "origin" node or by an intermediate node that had
   cached the content.  The content is usually divided into "chunks"
   that can be individually requested, sent back to the requester,
   cached into intermediate nodes.  The sending rate of content requests
   can be adjusted in order to perform congestion control, implementing
   a receiver driven transport protocol.  As it can be useful to have
   large chunks (significantly larger than the Maximum Tranfer Unit
   across the network), the trasport protocol should also be used to
   further segment the chunks rather than relying to IP fragmentation.
   In this memo we define a receiver driven trasport protocol for ICN,
   which relies on the CONET ICN solution described in a companion
   draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-rditp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-rditp-00.txt