Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lisp-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:15:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
    Author(s)     : D. Farinacci, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-lisp-16.txt
    Pages         : 92
    Date          : 2011-11-04
    
   This draft describes a network-based protocol that enables separation
   of IP addresses into two new numbering spaces: Endpoint Identifiers
   (EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs).  No changes are required to
   either host protocol stacks or to the "core" of the Internet
   infrastructure.  LISP can be incrementally deployed, without a "flag
   day", and offers traffic engineering, multi-homing, and mobility
   benefits to early adopters, even when there are relatively few LISP-
   capable sites.

   Design and development of LISP was largely motivated by the problem
   statement produced by the October 2006 IAB Routing and Addressing
   Workshop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.