Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:31:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Sip ALerting for User Devices Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Alert-Info URNs for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Laura Liess
                          Roland Jesske
                          Alan Johnston
                          Dale R. Worley
                          Paul Kyzivat
	Filename        : draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2011-11-15

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
   provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the UA when
   the user is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header field.
   However, the reference addresses only network resources with specific
   rendering properties.  There is currently no support for predefined
   standard identifiers for describing the semantics of the alerting
   situation or the characteristics of the alerting signal, without
   being tied to a particular rendering.  To overcome this limitation
   and support new applications, a new family of URNs for use in SIP
   Alert-Info header fields is defined in this specification.

   This document normatively updates [RFC3261], the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP).  It changes the usage of the SIP Alert-Info header
   field defined in the [RFC3261] by additionally allowing its use in
   all provisional responses to INVITE (except the 100 response).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-03.txt