Subject: I-D Action: draft-mlevy-ixp-jumboframes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:02:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Jumbo Frame Deployment at Internet Exchange Points (IXPs)
	Author(s)       : Martin J. Levy
	Filename        : draft-mlevy-ixp-jumboframes-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-11-14

   This document provides guidelines on how to deploy Jumbo Frame
   support on Internet Exchange Points (IXP).  Jumbo Frame support
   allows packets larger than 1,500 Bytes to be passed between IXP
   customers over the IXPs layer 2 fabric.  This document describes
   methods to enable Jumbo Frame support and keep in place existing
   1,500 Byte communications.

   This document strongly recommends that IXP operators choose 9,000
   Bytes for their Jumbo Frame implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mlevy-ixp-jumboframes-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mlevy-ixp-jumboframes-00.txt