Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:48:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Requirements and Tentative Solutions for SAVI in IPv4/IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)       : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-11-21

   SAVI Working Group is developing standardize mechanisms that prevent
   nodes attached to the same IP link from spoofing each other's IP
   addresses, and achieve IP source address validation at a finer
   granularity. Unfortunately, up to now, SAVI switch only works under
   the scenario of pure wire/wireless IPv6 Ethernet access subnet. In
   the current stage of IPv4/IPv6 transition which can't be cross over,
   SAVI has to make more progress to adapt it. This document describes
   the requirements and gives tentative solutions for the SAVI in
   IP4/IPv6 transition period. In RFC5565, Wu et.al proposal a softwire
   mesh framework to address the problem of routing information and data
   packets of one protocol how to pass through a single-protocol network
   of the other protocol. According to the real situation of CNGI-CERNET
   and China Telecom, document takes scenario of IPv4 packets transit
   IPv6 network into account.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-savi-transition-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-savi-transition-00.txt