Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:00:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions
    Author(s)     : D. Ward, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-00.txt
    Pages         : 15
    Date          : 2011-11-01
    
In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
   performance criteria (e.g. latency) are becoming as critical to data
   path selection as other metrics.

   This document describes extensions to OSPF TE [RFC3630] such that
   network performance information can be distributed and collected in a
   scalable fashion. The information distributed using OSPF TE Express
   Path can then be used to make path selection decisions based on
   network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which network
   performance information is distributed. The mechanisms for measuring
   network performance or acting on that information, once distributed,
   are outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.