Subject: I-D Action: draft-lu-imap-multi-account-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:47:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IMAP4 Extension for Multi-Account Situations
	Author(s)       : Yan Lu
	Filename        : draft-lu-imap-multi-account-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-11-20

   Simultaneous authentication of multiple mail accounts belonging to a
   single user is an attractive feature but is not supported in the
   current Internet Message Access Protocol [RFC3501]. This document
   introduces an extension of the Internet Message Access Protocol,
   Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1). With this extension, when a client is
   authenticated with one of its user identifiers, all the other
   associated user identifiers (if present) are also regarded as
   authenticated ones. Furthermore, this document specifies the syntax
   of LISTA and SELECTA commands for the IMAP4rev1 protocol. With LISTA
   command, a client can obtain a list of all the identifiers
   authenticated for the user. With SELECTA command, a client can select
   one of the user's authenticated identifiers and then gain access to
   all the mailboxes belonging to that identifier, without having to log
   out and re-log in with that identifier.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lu-imap-multi-account-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lu-imap-multi-account-01.txt