Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-aero-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:42:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO)
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-aero-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-12-19

   Nodes attached to link types such as multicast-capable, shared media
   and non-broadcast multiple access (NBMA), etc. can exchange packets
   as neighbors on the link.  Each node should therefore be able to
   discover a trusted neighboring gateway that can provide default
   routing services to reach off-link destinations, and should also
   accept redirection messages from the gateway informing it of a
   different neighbor that is closer to the final destination.  This
   redirect function can provide a useful route optimization, since the
   triangular path from the ingress link neighbor, to the gateway, and
   finally to the egress link neighbor may be considerably longer than
   the direct path between the neighbors.  However, ordinary redirection
   may lead to operational issues on certain link types and/or in
   certain deployment scenarios.  This document therefore introduces an
   Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO) capability that
   addresses the issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-aero-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-aero-06.txt