Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-managing-slaac-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 04:52:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Managing the Address Generation Policy for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-managing-slaac-policy-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-12-15

   This document describes an operational problem that arises due to the
   impossibility of managing the address generation policy employed by
   hosts participating in IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   (SLAAC).  Additionally, it specifies a new field in the Prefix
   Information option of Router Advertisement messages, such that
   routers can advertise, for each network prefix included in a Router
   Advertisement message, the desired address generation policy to be
   used for SLAAC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-managing-slaac-policy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-6man-managing-slaac-policy-00.txt