Subject: I-D Action: draft-moonesamy-rfc2369bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 00:31:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Use of URIs as Meta-Syntax for Core Mail List Commands and their Transport through Message Header Fields
	Author(s)       : S. Moonesamy
	Filename        : draft-moonesamy-rfc2369bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-12-11

   The mailing list command specification header fields are a set of
   structured fields to be added to email messages sent by email
   distribution lists.  Each header field typically contains a URI
   (usually mailto) locating the relevant information or performing the
   command directly.  The three core header fields described in this
   document are List-Help, List-Subscribe, and List-Unsubscribe.

   There are three other header fields described here which, although
   not as widely applicable, will have utility for a sufficient number
   of mailing lists to justify their formalization here.  These are
   List-Post, List-Owner and List-Archive.

   By including these header fields, mailing list managers can make it
   possible for mail user agents to provide automated tools for users to
   perform list functions.  This could take the form of a menu item,
   push button, or other user interface element.  The intent is to
   simplify the user experience, providing a common interface to the
   often cryptic and varied mailing list manager commands.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moonesamy-rfc2369bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moonesamy-rfc2369bis-00.txt