Subject: I-D Action: draft-dalela-dc-approaches-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 02:55:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Datacenter Solution Approaches
	Author(s)       : Ashish Dalela
	Filename        : draft-dalela-dc-approaches-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-12-30

   There are many approaches to addressing virtualized datacenter
   scaling problems. Examples of these approaches include, L2 vs. L3
   forwarding, host-based vs. network-based solutions, fat-access and
   lean-core vs. fat-core and lean-access, flat addressing vs.
   encapsulation, protocol learning vs. directories for location
   discovery, APIs vs. protocols for orchestration, etc. Different
   solutions being proposed today take one or more of these approaches
   in combination, although sometimes the question of approach itself
   may not be settled. Given the multiple facets of the datacenter
   problem, and many approaches to solve each problem, it becomes hard
   to discuss a solution when some approaches may be acceptable while
   others are not. This document discusses the pros and cons of various
   approaches. The goal is not to describe a specific solution, but to
   evaluate the various approaches. This document concludes with a set
   of recommendations on which approaches are most optimal for a
   holistic solution to the entire problem set.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-dc-approaches-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-dc-approaches-00.txt