Subject: I-D Action: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:26:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared CGN Space
	Author(s)       : Jason Weil
                          Victor Kuarsingh
                          Chris Donley
                          Christopher Liljenstolpe
                          Marla Azinger
	Filename        : draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-11.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-12-18

   This document requests the allocation of an IPv4 /10 address block to
   be used as Shared Carrier Grade Network Address Translation (CGN)
   Space.  Service Providers will use Shared CGN Space to number the
   interfaces that connect CGN devices to Customer Premise Equipment
   (CPE).

   Shared CGN Space is distinct from RFC1918 private address space
   because it is intended for use on Service Provider networks.
   However, it may be used as RFC 1918 private address space in certain
   circumstances.  Details are provided in the text of this document.

   As this document proposes the allocation of an additional special-use
   IPv4 address block, it updates RFC 5735.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-11.txt