Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:38:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Revised Error Handling for BGP UPDATE Messages
	Author(s)       : John G. Scudder
                          Enke Chen
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-12-15

   According to the base BGP specification, a BGP speaker that receives
   an UPDATE message containing a malformed attribute is required to
   reset the session over which the offending attribute was received.
   This behavior is undesirable as a session reset would impact not only
   routes with the offending attribute, but also other valid routes
   exchanged over the session.  This document partially revises the
   error handling for UPDATE messages, and provides guidelines for the
   authors of documents defining new attributes.  Finally, it revises
   the error handling procedures for several existing attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-01.txt