Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:41:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : p2mp pw protection for mpls-tp network
	Author(s)       : ZTE Corporation
	Filename        : draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-12-29

   According to one protection Requirement in RFC 5654, Requirement 63
   :It MUST be possible to provide protection for the MPLS-TP data plane
   without any IP forwarding capability in the MPLS-TP data plane. and
   it requires mpls-tp date plane should be independent of its control
   plane. so it is necessary for the 1:1 protection of p2mp pw to have a
   return path to coordinate the switch state between root node and each
   leaf node. for the above problem statement, the document provides a
   solution to protect p2mp pw by using one leaf node as protector for
   another leaf node. so it may avoid setting up a return path for each
   leaf node.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Task Force(IETF) /
   International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt