Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 13:58:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPF Multi-Instance Extensions
	Author(s)       : Acee Lindem
                          Abhay Roy
                          Sina Mirtorabi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-12-26

   OSPFv3 includes a mechanism for supporting multiple instances on the
   same interface.  OSPFv2 could benefit from such a mechanism in order
   to support multiple routing domains on the same subnet.  The OSPFv2
   instance ID is reserved for support of separate OSPFv2 protocol
   instances.  This is different from OSPFv3 where it could be used for
   other purposes such as putting the same interface in multiple areas.
   OSPFv2 supports this capability using a separate subnet or the OSPF
   multi-area adjacency capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-07.txt