Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-multrans-addr-acquisition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:13:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Address Acquisition For Multicast Content When Source and Receiver Support Differing IP Versions
	Author(s)       : Tina Tsou
	Filename        : draft-tsou-multrans-addr-acquisition-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-12-11

   In a typical IP television (IPTV) system, the receiver acquires
   information about available program content, the subscriber selects a
   program to watch, and the receiver signals to the network to begin
   receiving the program in the form of multicast content.  The program
   content information is typically XML-encoded, can be transmitted in
   multiple segments, possibly over multiple channels, but includes
   media stream descriptions for the individual program descriptions
   that may also be XML-encoded or may use the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP, RFC 4566).  The media stream descriptions provide
   multicast group and unicast source addresses that are used in the
   subsequent signalling to the network.

   During the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, scenarios can occur where
   the IP version supported by the receiver differs from that supported
   by the source.  This memo examines and evaluates alternative
   strategies for allowing the receiver to acquire addresses in such
   scenarios in the version it supports.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-multrans-addr-acquisition-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsou-multrans-addr-acquisition-00.txt