Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:49:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updating TCP to support Variable-Rate Traffic
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Israfil Biswas
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-12-23

   This document addresses issues that arise when TCP is used to support
   variable-rate traffic that exhibts periods where the transmission
   rate is limited by the application rather than the congestion window.
   It updates TCP to allow a TCP sender to restart quickly following
   either an idle or applications-limited interval.  The method is
   expected to benefit variable-rate TCP applications, while also
   providing an appropriate response if congestion is experienced.

   The document also evaluates TCP Congestion Window Validation (CWV),
   an IETF experimental specification defined in RFC 2861, and concludes
   that CWV sought to address important issues, but failed to deliver a
   widely used solution.  This document recommends that the IETF should
   consider moving RFC 2861 from Experimental to Historic status, and
   that this is replaced by the current specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-02.txt