Subject: I-D Action: draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:38:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - Unified Stateless Solution (4rd-U)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2011-12-29

   This document specifies an automatic tunneling mechanism tailored for
   residual deployment of public IPv4 via IPv6 networks (the reverse of
   6rd whose purpose is rapid deployment of IPv6 via IPv4).  In order to
   deal with the IPv4-address shortage, customers can be assigned shared
   IPv4 addresses with statically assigned restricted port sets.
   Operation is stateless, with no per-customer state in network nodes.

   4rd-U unifies in a synthesis features of double-translation-based
   solutions (in particular compatibility with some IPv6-only middle-box
   tools inside IPv6 networks), and those of IP-in-IP encapsulation
   solutions (in particular complete end-to-end transparency to IPv4
   packets).  It is proposed as a unified standard replacing the two
   standards that are otherwise envisaged.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-02.txt