Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-va-auto-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 02:10:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Auto-Configuration in Virtual Aggregation
	Author(s)       : Paul Francis
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Hitesh Ballani
                          Dan Jen
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Lixia Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-va-auto-05.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2011-12-30

   Virtual Aggregation as specified in [I-D.ietf-grow-va] requires
   configuration of a static "VP-List" on all routers.  The VP-List
   allows routers to know which prefixes may or may not be FIB-
   installed.  This draft specified an optional method of determining
   this that requires far less configuration.  Specifically, it requires
   the configuration of a "VP-Range" in ASBRs connected to transit and
   peer ISPs.  A Non-transitive Extended Communities Attribute is used
   to convey to other routers that a given route can be FIB-suppressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-va-auto-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-va-auto-05.txt