Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-savi-ra-throttler-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:30:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Throttling RAs on constrained interfaces
	Author(s)       : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-thubert-savi-ra-throttler-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-12-13

   In a large switched topology with either many routers or routers that
   transmit a high rate of multicast advertisements per router, as
   suggested to support mobile nodes, the cost of distributing the many
   resulting multicast messages to certain classes of devices might be
   prohibitive.  This is the case of a device that runs on batteries, or
   a device that is reachable over a wireless interface.  For this
   device, it can be beneficial to filter a certain amount of multicast
   messages such as the Router Advertisement while preserving the
   functionality expected in the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-savi-ra-throttler-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-savi-ra-throttler-00.txt