Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 16:00:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: The ESADI Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-12-31

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops. TRILL
   supports the multi-pathing of both unicast and multicast traffic.
   TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System) link state routing and encapsulating traffic
   using a header that includes a hop count.

   The ESADI (End System Address Distribution Information) protocol is a
   VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way that RBridge can
   communicate end station addresses to each other.  An RBridge
   announcing VLAN-x connectivity (normally a VLAN-x forwarder) and
   running the TRILL ESADI protocol can receive remote address
   information and/or transmit local address information for VLAN-x to
   other such RBridges.  The purpose of this document is to improve and
   update the documentation of the ESADI protocol. It updates RFC 6325.
   The ESADI RBridge instance states, DRB (Designated RBridge) election
   procedure, and ESADI sub-TLV are specified in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-01.txt