Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 08:49:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Support Required for all IP-capable Nodes
	Author(s)       : Wesley George
                          Chris Donley
                          Christopher Liljenstolpe
                          Lee Howard
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-12-08

   Given the global lack of available IPv4 space, and limitations in
   IPv4 extension and transition technologies, this document advises
   that IPv6 support is no longer considered optional.  It also cautions
   that there are places in existing IETF documents where the term "IP"
   is used in a way that could be misunderstood by implementers as the
   term "IP" becomes a generic which can mean IPv4 + IPv6, IPv6-only, or
   IPv4-only, depending on context and application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-02.txt