Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:47:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Happy Eyeballs: Success with Dual-Stack Hosts
	Author(s)       : Dan Wing
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-12-20

   When a server's IPv4 path and protocol is working but the server's
   IPv6 path and protocol are not working, a dual-stack client
   application experiences significant connection delay compared to an
   IPv4-only client.  This is undesirable because it causes the dual-
   stack client to have a worse user experience.  This document
   specifies requirements for algorithms that reduce this user-visible
   delay, and provides an algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07.txt