Subject: I-D Action: draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:35:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifier for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-04.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2011-12-11

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 [RFC5213] requires all the mobile access gateways
   to use a fixed link-local and link-layer addresses on any of its
   access links that it shares with the mobile nodes.  This was intended
   to ensure a mobile node does not detect any change with respect to
   its layer-3 attachment even after it roams from one mobile access
   gateway to another.  In the absence of any reserved addresses for
   this use, it requires coordination across vendors and the manual
   configuration of these addresses on all the mobility elements in a
   Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  This document attempts to simplify this
   operational requirement by making reservation for special addresses
   that can be used for this purpose and it also updates RFC 5213.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-04.txt