Subject: I-D Action: draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:46:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Root Name Server Operational Requirements
	Author(s)       : Root Server System Advisory Committee
                          Bill Manning
	Filename        : draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-12-27

   This memo replaces RFC 2870.  As the Internet has become critical to
   the world's social and economic infrastructure, attention has rightly
   focused on the correct, safe, reliable, and secure operation of the Internet
   infrastructure itself.  The root domain and its name servers are a crucial
   part of that technical infrastructure.  The primary focus of this
   document is to provide guidelines for secure, stable, and resilient name
   service for the root zone. Additionally it will look into some specifics
   for the operation of the name servers.  Other operators of critical name
   servers--such as those for generic top-level domains (gTLDs), country code
   top-level domains (ccTLDs) and other major zones--may also find it useful.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-00.txt