Subject: I-D Action: draft-dhody-pce-pcep-service-aware-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:53:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).
	Author(s)       : Dhruv Dhody
                          Vishwas Manral
	Filename        : draft-dhody-pce-pcep-service-aware-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-12-14

   In certain networks like financial information network (stock/
   commodity trading) and enterprises using cloud based applications,
   Latency (delay), Latency-Variation (jitter) and Packet loss is
   becoming a key requirement for path computation along with other
   constraints and metrics.  Latency, Latency-Variation and Packet Loss
   is associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between
   customers and service providers.

   [MPLS-DELAY-FWK] describes MPLS architecture to allow latency, loss
   and jittering as properties.  [OSPF-TE-EXPRESS] and [ISIS-TE-EXPRESS]
   describes mechanisms with which network performance information is
   distributed via OSPF and ISIS respectivily.  This document describes
   the extension to PCEP to carry Latency, Latency-Variation and Loss as
   constraints for end to end path computation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-service-aware-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-service-aware-02.txt