Subject: I-D Action: draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 13:44:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridges: TRILL Link Data Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Radia Perlman
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Anoop Ghanwani
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-01-14

   Under certain circumstances, it is possible to encode TRILL
   (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) Data frames so as to
   make more efficient use of communications links.  This document
   specifies two such optional optimizations.  One, called Compact
   Format, improves the compactness of encoding in the case where a
   TRILL link is a point-to-point Ethernet link.  The other, called
   Specific Addressing, optionally decreases the burden on multi-access
   TRILL links for multi-destination TRILL Data frames under some
   circumstances. This document updates RFC 6325.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-01.txt