Subject: I-D Action: draft-gieben-nsec4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 01:22:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Security (DNSSEC) Authenticated Denial of Existence
	Author(s)       : R. (Miek) Gieben
                          W. (Matthijs) Mekking
	Filename        : draft-gieben-nsec4-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-01-04

   The Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Extensions introduced the
   NSEC resource record for authenticated denial of existence, and the
   NSEC3 resource record for hashed authenticated denial of existence.
   This document introduces an alternative resource record, NSEC4, which
   similarly provides authenticated denial of existence.  It permits
   gradual expansion of delegation-centric zones, just like NSEC3 does.
   With NSEC4 it is possible, but not required, to provide measures
   against zone enumeration.

   NSEC4 reduces the size of the denial of existence response and adds
   Opt-Out to unhashed names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gieben-nsec4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gieben-nsec4-00.txt