Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:41:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform Resource Names
	Author(s)       : Juha Hakala
                          Alfred Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-01-19

   National Bibliography Numbers, NBNs, are widely used by the national
   libraries and other organizations in order to identify various
   resources such as digitized monographs.  Generally, NBNs may be
   applied to all kinds of resources that do not have an established
   (standard) identifier system of their own.

   A URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for NBNs was established in
   2001 in RFC 3188.  Since then, several national libraries in several
   European countries have implemented URN:NBN-based systems.

   This document replaces RFC 3188 and defines how NBNs can be supported
   within the updated URN framework.  A revised namespace registration
   (version 4) is included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-02.txt