Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-sealopt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:06:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The SEAL IPv6 Destination Option
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-sealopt-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-01-13

   The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation Layer (SEAL) provides a
   mid-layer header designed for the encapsulation of an inner network
   layer packet within outer network layer headers.  SEAL also supports
   a transport mode of operation, where the inner payload corresponds to
   an ordinary transport layer payload.  However, SEAL can also provide
   benefit when used as an IPv6 destination option that contains a
   digital signature inserted by the source.  The source can thereafter
   use the signature to verify that any ICMPv6 messages received
   actually came from a router on the path, while destinations that
   share a secret key with the source can verify the signature to ensure
   data origin authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-sealopt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-sealopt-01.txt