Subject: I-D Action: draft-partha-dispatch-siploadbalancing-survey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:16:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load balancing survey
	Author(s)       : Parthasarathi Ravindran
                          Vijay .K Gurbani
                          Paul Erkkila
	Filename        : draft-partha-dispatch-siploadbalancing-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-01-23

   SIP Load balancing across a farm of SIP servers can be done today,
   but without generally agreed upon principles on how to best do
   accomplish this.  Confounding the problem is that a SIP farm may
   consist of hosts with varying capabilities, example, a SIP proxy, a
   back-to-back user agent (B2BUA), a public-switched telephone system
   (PSTN) gateway, SIP Media servers etc.  The capabilities and
   processing capacity on hosts in the farm may be different, sometimes
   vastly, from each other.  This document present the survey of
   existing literature and common practice on SIP load balancing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-partha-dispatch-siploadbalancing-survey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-partha-dispatch-siploadbalancing-survey-00.txt