Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:55:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure Extension of BGP by Decoupling Path Propagation and Adoption
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
                          Bin Liu
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Beichuan Zhang
                          The University of Arizona
	Filename        : draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-01-08

   This draft proposes a novel mitigation scheme to protect the inter-
   domain data delivery during false routing announcements. A new path
   attribute is defined to Decouple propagation of a path and adoption
   of a path for data forwarding in BGP (DBGP). DBGP does not use
   suspicious paths for data forwarding, but still propagates them in
   the routing system to facilitate attack detection. It can extensively
   protect data delivery from routing announcements of false sub-
   prefixes, false origins, false nodes and false links, and works well
   with ongoing attack detection and prevention systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-idr-decoupling-04.txt