Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-trill-multi-topo-rpfc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:43:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reverse Path Forwarding Check under Multiple Topology TRILL
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-trill-multi-topo-rpfc-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-01-30

   Multi-homing (RBridge Aggregation) is a promising approach to
   increase the reliability and access bandwidth of TRILL edge. Active-
   active forwarding in multi-homing allows multiple RBridges forward
   data frames for VLAN-x on a LAN link, which creates the possibility
   that multicast frames from a specific ingress RBridge may arrive at
   multiple incoming ports of a remote RBridge. This violates the
   Reverse Path Forwarding Check and multicast frames arrives at
   unexpected incoming ports will be discarded by this RBridge. This
   document makes use of multiple topology TRILL to solve this problem.
   Multiple topology TRILL provides physical separation of traffic from
   different members of aggregation. Multicast frames from aggregation
   members comply with the Reverse Path Forwarding Check per topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-trill-multi-topo-rpfc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-trill-multi-topo-rpfc-00.txt