Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:16:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Synchronizing Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol based Service Boundaries and Mapping Elements
	Author(s)       : Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-15.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-01-11

   The Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol is an XML-based
   protocol for mapping service identifiers and geodetic or civic
   location information to service URIs and service boundaries.  In
   particular, it can be used to determine the location-appropriate
   Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for emergency services.

   The main data structure, the <mapping> element, used for
   encapsulating information about service boundaries is defined in the
   LoST protocol specification and circumscribes the region within which
   all locations map to the same service Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI) or set of URIs for a given service.

   This document defines an XML protocol to exchange these mappings
   between two nodes.  This mechanism is designed for the exchange of
   authoritative <mapping> elements between two entities.  Exchanging
   cached <mapping> elements, i.e. non-authoritative elements, is
   possible but not envisioned.  In any case, this document can also be
   used without the LoST protocol even though the format of the
   <mapping> element is re-used from the LoST specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-15.txt