Subject: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 07:56:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Encoding Parameter for HTTP Basic Authentication
	Author(s)       : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-01-25

   The "Basic" authentication scheme defined in RFC 2617 does not
   properly define how to treat non-ASCII characters.  This has lead to
   a situation where user agent implementations disagree, and servers
   make different assumptions based on the locales they are running in.
   There is little interoperability for characters in the ISO-8859-1
   character set, and even less interoperability for any characters
   beyond that.

   This document defines a backwards-compatible extension to "Basic",
   specifying the server's character encoding expectation, using a new
   authentication scheme parameter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-03.txt