Subject: I-D Action: draft-phillips-uvml-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 17:14:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Universal Voting Markup Language (UVML)
	Author(s)       : Erin Mikel Phillips
	Filename        : draft-phillips-uvml-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-01-07

   This document describes the Universal Voting Markup Language (UVML),
   a syntax for the structured representation of opinion in free text.
   Using UVML, opinions can be encoded in text, image, or video, and
   reliably interpreted by either human readers or automated-agents.
   UVML supports both rating and ranking semantics.  Ratings may be
   scored using symbols associated with the five most commonly used
   opinion dimensions: quality(*), importance(!), outlook($), support-
   opposition(+), and likelihood(%).  In addition, UVML defines a syntax
   for optionally including a demographic signature by which voters can
   publish basic demographic information with their UVML votes.  The
   design of UVML leverages cross-cultural sentiment and voting-systems
   scholarship.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phillips-uvml-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phillips-uvml-01.txt