Subject: I-D Action: draft-dalela-sop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:17:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Orchestration Protocol
	Author(s)       : Ashish Dalela
                          Mike Hammer
	Filename        : draft-dalela-sop-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2012-01-03

   Cloud services need to interoperate across cloud providers, service
   vendors and private/public domains. To enable this interoperability,
   there is need for a standard wire-format for exchanging service
   information. This document describes a Service Orchestration Protocol
   (SOP) to be used as a standard wire-format for cloud exchanges.
   Similar to widely used protocols like HTTP, SIP and SMTP, SOP uses
   text-based messages, which are easily extensible and may be inspected
   at cloud proxies. While SOP carries service-independent information,
   service-dependant information is attached as a Service Description
   Framework [SDF] payload to SOP packets. This is similar to how HTML
   is transported over HTTP. SDF is a XML schema for describing
   services. SOP and SDF enable any kind of service to be discovered and
   orchestrated across private and public domains. Simple protocol
   compliance tests can be employed to ensure interoperability across
   domains. SOP wire-formats can be used with existing cloud APIs. Using
   these, it would be possible to interoperate diverse APIs and cloud
   services across service providers, service vendors and service users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-sop-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-sop-00.txt