Subject: I-D Action: draft-dalela-orchestration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 20:11:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Orchestration Protocol (SOP) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Ashish Dalela
                          Mike Hammer
	Filename        : draft-dalela-orchestration-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-01-03

   Cloud services need to interoperate across cloud providers, service
   vendors and private/public domains. To enable this interoperability,
   there is need for a standard protocol for exchanging service
   information. This draft describes requirements for such a protocol.
   Current cloud implementations expose application level APIs, which
   are not syntactically and semantically compatible with each other.
   One approach to interoperate cloud services is to standardize the
   protocol while leaving the API definition implementation specific.
   Standard protocols have been used widely in the Internet and can be
   extended to cloud. Use of such protocols is compatible with existing
   cloud APIs, which can exchange information in a standard protocol.
   New APIs may also be developed using a standard protocol. By this, it
   would be possible to interoperate diverse APIs across service
   providers, service vendors and service users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-orchestration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dalela-orchestration-00.txt