Subject: I-D Action: draft-zong-ipsecme-ikev2-cpext4femto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:05:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IKEv2 Configuration Payload Extension for Notarizing Femtocell in Mobile Core Network
	Author(s)       : Zaifeng Zong
	Filename        : draft-zong-ipsecme-ikev2-cpext4femto-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-01-18

   IPSec IKEv2, RFC 5996 [RFC5996], has been adopted by many
   standardized network solutions to provide the secure transport
   between network elements over third party's infrastructure.  Today
   Femtocell deployment requires the mobile operator's Femtocell AP
   (FAP) to leverage the IPSec IKEv2 to support mutual authentication
   and data protection between the insecure Femtocell, which typically
   deployed in customer's premise, and its corresponding mobile core
   network.

   A known security threat exists in Femto architecture for failing to
   validate the FAP's identity and information provided by FAP at the
   mobile operator's core network.

   This document reviews this security threat and proposes a simple
   extension of the IKEv2 to resolve the issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zong-ipsecme-ikev2-cpext4femto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zong-ipsecme-ikev2-cpext4femto-00.txt