Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:11:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPFv2 Multi-Instance Extensions
	Author(s)       : Acee Lindem
                          Abhay Roy
                          Sina Mirtorabi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-01-19

   OSPFv3 includes a mechanism to support multiple instances of the
   protocol running on the same interface.  OSPFv2 can utilize such a
   mechanism in order to support multiple routing domains on the same
   subnet.

   This document defines the OSPFv2 instance ID to enable separate
   OSPFv2 protocol instances on the same interface.  Unlike OSPFv3 where
   the instance ID can be used for multiple purposes, such as putting
   the same interface in multiple areas, the OSPFv2 instance ID is
   reserved for identifying protocol instances.

   This document updates RFC 2328.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-09.txt