Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:22:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
	Author(s)       : A. Bakker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-01-29

   The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a peer-to-peer
   based transport protocol for content dissemination. It can be used
   for streaming on-demand and live video content, as well as
   conventional downloading. In PPSPP, the clients consuming the content
   participate in the dissemination by forwarding the content to other
   clients via a mesh-like structure.  It is a generic protocol which
   can run directly on top of UDP, TCP, or as a RTP profile. Features of
   PPSPP are short time-till-playback and extensibility. Hence, it can
   use different mechanisms to prevent freeriding, and work with
   different peer discovery schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed
   Hash Tables). Depending on the underlying transport protocol, PPSPP
   can also use different congestion control algorithms, such as LEDBAT,
   and offer transparent NAT traversal. Finally, PPSPP maintains only a
   small amount of state per peer and detects malicious modification of
   content. This documents describes PPSPP and how it satisfies the
   requirements for the IETF Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)
   Working Group's peer protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt