Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:09:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Vishwas Manral
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-01-27

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology, safe
   forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
   multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. TRILL
   accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a
   header that includes a hop count. Since the TRILL base protocol was
   approved in March 2010, active development of TRILL has revealed a
   few errata in the original RFC 6325 and some cases that could use
   clarifications or updates.

   RFC 6327, RFC 6439, and RFC XXXX, provide clarifications with respect
   to Adjacency, Appointed Forwarders, and the TRILL ESADI protocol.
   This document provide other known clarifications, corrections, and
   updates to RFC 6325, RFC 6327, and RFC 6439.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-00.txt