Subject: I-D Action: draft-ma-mext-dmm-romip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:03:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Route Optimization solution support for Distributed Mobility Management
	Author(s)       : Zhengming Ma
                          Xun Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ma-mext-dmm-romip-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-01-04

   The mobile users and their traffic demands are expected to be ever-
   increasing in future years, and this growth will impose a limitation
   for deploying current mobility management schemes that are
   intrinsically centralized, e.g., Mobile IPv6 and Proxy MIPv6.  This
   evolution in user traffic demand can be tackled by a different
   approach for IP mobility, called Distributed Mobility Management,
   which is focusing on moving the mobility anchors from the core
   network and pushing them closer to the users, at the edge of the
   network.  Following this idea, in our proposal, the central anchor is
   being deployed in the access router of the mobile node(MN).  That is,
   the first elements that provide IP connectivity to a set of MNs are
   also the mobility managers for those MNs.  In the following, we will
   call MAAR (Mobility anchor and Access Router).

   This draft strictly abides by the three principles:

   (1) The MN doesn't participate in any mobility-related signaling.MAAR
   and AAA are responsible for managing IP mobility on behalf of the
   host.

   (2) The MN's movement is transparent to the communication node
   (CN).The Home Address (HoA) and Care-of address (CoA) are not for
   users but for specific sessions in this draft.A MN initiates a
   session by using the MN's address assigned by a MAAR which the MN is
   registered as the HoA for this session.The MN's address assigned by a
   new MAAR which the MN moves to its access link as the CoA for the
   session.

   (3) The MN can directly forward packages to the CN and the packages
   don't need to pass the home mobility anchor.  It can reduce the heavy
   burdens on home mobility anchor and maintain all the continuity of
   the conversation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-mext-dmm-romip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-mext-dmm-romip-00.txt