Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:09:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of Managed Objects for Performance Reporting
	Author(s)       : Robert G. Cole
                          Joseph Macker
                          Andy Bierman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-01-31

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes objects for configuring autonomous report
   generation on any device that supports MIBs containing counter and
   gauge objects for performance monitoring.  This allows a management
   station to instruct a device to build off-line reports to be
   collected asynchronously by the management station.  Further, this
   REPORT-SAMPLED-MIB can be configured in a proxy configuration where
   the report generation is performed on a device in close network
   proximity to the device containing the referenced counter objects.
   Hence, this capability allows network operators to reduce the SNMP
   polling traffic burden on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Disruption Tolerant
   Networks which is typical of SNMP performance management
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt