Subject: I-D Action: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:24:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space
	Author(s)       : Jason Weil
                          Victor Kuarsingh
                          Chris Donley
                          Christopher Liljenstolpe
                          Marla Azinger
	Filename        : draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-13.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-01-27

   This document requests the allocation of an IPv4 /10 address block to
   be used as Shared Address Space to accommodate the needs of Carrier
   Grade Network Address Translation (CGN) devices.  It is anticipated
   that Service Providers will use this Shared Address Space to number
   the interfaces that connect CGN devices to Customer Premise Equipment
   (CPE).

   Shared Address Space is distinct from RFC1918 private address space
   because it is intended for use on Service Provider networks.
   However, it may be used as RFC 1918 private address space in certain
   circumstances.  Details are provided in the text of this document.

   As this document proposes the allocation of an additional special-use
   IPv4 address block, it updates RFC 5735.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-13.txt