Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-dmm-pmip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:12:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A PMIPv6-based solution for Distributed Mobility Management
	Author(s)       : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Antonio de la Oliva
                          Fabio Giust
                          Telemaco Melia
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-dmm-pmip-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-01-26

   The number of mobile users and their traffic demand is expected to be
   ever-increasing in future years, and this growth can represent a
   limitation for deploying current mobility management schemes that are
   intrinsically centralized, e.g., Mobile IPv6 and Proxy MIPv6.  For
   this reason it has been waved a need for distributed and dynamic
   mobility management approaches, with the objective of reducing
   operators' burdens, evolving to a cheaper and more efficient
   architecture.

   This draft describes a solution to distribute the data forwarding
   plane on Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains, thus trying to overcome the
   suboptimal data path introduced when the LMA is traversed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-dmm-pmip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-dmm-pmip-00.txt