Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:58:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FTP Extensions, 2nd edition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : FTP consideration for IPv4/IPv6 transition
	Author(s)       : Dapeng Liu
                          Iljitsch van Beijnum
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-01-11

   The File transfer protocol(FTP) has a long histroy,, but still being
   widely used.  The first concept of FTP was described RFC 114, and
   then was specified in RFC 354.  FTP can work in IPv4 environment and
   then was extended to IPv6.  RFC 2428 defines IPv6 extensions of FTP.
   In the IPv6-IPv4 translation scenario, considerations should be
   applied to FTP client, server and translation box to ensure FTP
   protocol work properly.  This document discusses the details for FTP
   to work in IPv4-IPv6 transitiion scenario.  This document gives
   recommendation regarding how IPv6 FTP client should behave in 6to4
   scenario.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext2-ftp64-02.txt