Subject: I-D Action: draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:25:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) on Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Zuliang Wang
                          Liang Guo
                          Marc Binderberger
	Filename        : draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-01-05

   This document proposes a mechanism to run BFD on Link Aggregation
   Group (LAG) interfaces.  It does so by running an independent BFD
   session on every LAG member link.

   (For IP/UDP encapsulation)
   A dedicated well-known multicast IP address for both IPv4 and IPv6 is
   introduced as the destination IP address of the BFD packets when
   running BFD on the member links of the LAG.

   (For Ethernet encapsulation)
   A new Ethernet type is introduced to send BFD packets directly in
   Ethernet frames when running BFD on the member links of the LAG.

   There is currently also no standard that describes how BFD runs on a
   LAG interface as a whole.  This draft proposes a definition for this
   problem too while taking into consideration existing implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-02.txt