Subject: I-D Action: draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:31:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Root Name Server Operational Requirements
	Author(s)       : Root Server System Advisory Committee
	Filename        : draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-01-28

   As the Internet has become critical to the world's social and economic
   infrastructure, attention has focused on the correct, safe, reliable, and
   secure operation of the Internet infrastructure itself.  The DNS is considered
   a crucial part of that technical infrastrcuture. The root domain and its
   authoritative name servers are a part of that technical infrastructure.

   The primary focus of this document is to provide guidelines for secure, stable,
   and resilient authoritative name service for the root zone. Additionally it will
   look into some specifics for the operation of the name servers.  Other operators
   of authoritative name servers such as those for generic top-level domains (gTLDs),
   country code top-level domains (ccTLDs) and other zones may also find it useful.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rssac-dnsop-rfc2870bis-02.txt