Subject: I-D Action: draft-harada-xmpp-srv-record-query-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 03:54:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SRV record query extension for XMPP
	Author(s)       : Akari Harada
                          Nobuo Ogashiwa
                          Hirotaka Sato
                          Yoshihiro Suzuki
	Filename        : draft-harada-xmpp-srv-record-query-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-01-29

   According to RFC 6120, XMPP clients should use SRV records within
   the connection establishment process to servers. There are two
   purposes for using SRV records. The one is to advertise the FQDN of
   at least one server to clients to establish an initial TCP
   connection. The other purpose is to advertise at least two or more
   FQDN with priority and weight information to clients to accomplish
   load balancing, a redundant server environment and so on. However,
   most standard resolver libraries of recent client OSs don't support
   SRV record resolution. Furthermore, many DNS hosting services also
   don't support SRV records. This document proposes a solution that
   enables a server and client to achieve load balancing and a
   redundant server environment in case SRV records cannot be used.
   Moreover, the proposed IQ-result message can include minimum wait
   time to reconnect, allowing clients to reconnect after the most
   suitable wait time avoiding congestion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harada-xmpp-srv-record-query-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harada-xmpp-srv-record-query-00.txt