Subject: I-D Action: draft-bvandervalk-sadi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:17:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SADI: Semantic Automated Discovery and Integration
	Author(s)       : Ben Vandervalk
                          E. Luke McCarthy
                          Mark D. Wilkinson
	Filename        : draft-bvandervalk-sadi-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-01-31

   This document describes Semantic Automated Discovery and Integration
   (SADI), a set of best practices for implementing stateless web
   services that consume RDF data as input and generate RDF data as
   output.  The goal of SADI is to establish conventions that will
   enable a much higher level of interoperability between web services
   from independent providers than is currently possible under the
   widespread use of WSDL/XML and RESTful services.  Under SADI,
   interoperability depends on the shared use of predicate vocabularies,
   rather than the shared use of particular XML schemas, JSON
   structures, or ad hoc data formats.  Through the use of OWL to
   describe service input and output datatypes, SADI enables: i)
   automated discovery of services that provide data or computations of
   interest, and ii) automated matchmaking between local data and
   available services.  By iterative application of the former two
   capabilities, SADI enables semi-automated construction of arbitrarily
   complex workflows across independent service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bvandervalk-sadi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bvandervalk-sadi-00.txt