Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:15:02 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : p2mp pw protection for mpls-tp network
    Author(s)     : G. Liu, et al
    Filename      : draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt
    Pages         : 10
    Date          : 2011-12-29
    
   According to one protection Requirement in RFC 5654, Requirement 63
   :It MUST be possible to provide protection for the MPLS-TP data plane
   without any IP forwarding capability in the MPLS-TP data plane. and
   it requires mpls-tp date plane should be independent of its control
   plane. so it is necessary for the 1:1 protection of p2mp pw to have a
   return path to coordinate the switch state between root node and each
   leaf node. for the above problem statement, the document provides a
   solution to protect p2mp pw by using one leaf node as protector for
   another leaf node. so it may avoid setting up a return path for each
   leaf node.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Task Force(IETF) /
   International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.