Subject: I-D Action: draft-ldp-ila-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:09:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Incremental Label Announcement Extensions for LDP
	Author(s)       : Alton Lo
                          Keyur Patel
                          Vanson Lim
	Filename        : draft-ldp-ila-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-01-01

   The current LDP Graceful Restart (GR) mechanism specified in RFC3478
   requires a complete re-advertisement of the LDP label binding
   information across a session restart, even though complete label
   binding information might be preserved.

   In this document we specify extensions to LDP graceful restart in
   order to support avoiding unnecessary transmission of the label
   binding information preserved across a session restart, thus
   accelerating the router re-convergence.  More specifically, we
   describe a version number based batching mechanism for keeping track
   of the label binding information across a session restart.

   The new 1) LDP ILA capability TLV, 2) LDP VERSION ID TLV and 3) LDP
   ILA Version message type, is introduced for checkpointing the label
   binding version maintained for a neighbor.  We also specify
   procedures for handling label binding table version update across a
   session restart.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ldp-ila-extension-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ldp-ila-extension-01.txt