Subject: I-D Action: draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 01:02:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipath RTP (MPRTP)
	Author(s)       : Varun Singh
                          Teemu Karkkainen
                          Joerg Ott
                          Saba Ahsan
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-04.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used to deliver real-time
   content and, along with the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), forms the
   control channel between the sender and receiver.  However, RTP and
   RTCP assume a single delivery path between the sender and receiver
   and make decisions based on the measured characteristics of this
   single path.  Increasingly, endpoints are becoming multi-homed, which
   means that they are connected via multiple Internet paths.  Network
   utilization can be improved when endpoints use multiple parallel
   paths for communication.  The resulting increase in reliability and
   throughput can also enhance the user experience.  This document
   extends the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) so that a single
   session can take advantage of the availability of multiple paths
   between two endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-avtcore-mprtp-04.txt