Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:00:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast requirements for control over LLN
	Author(s)       : Peter van der Stok
	Filename        : draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   This is a working document intended to focus discussion on
   requirements for multicast in Low-power and Lossy Networks in the
   area of M2M communication for control purposes.  The Trickle
   algorithm, which uses re-broadcasting to assure that messages arrive
   at all destinations, is proposed as the ROLL multicast protocol.  In
   this draft additional requirements on Trickle, such as timeliness and
   ordering, are motivated by building control.  Re-broadcasting and
   timeliness can be mutually exclusive properties.  To alleviate that
   problem, this draft considers the possibility of reducing
   interference by limiting the number of transmission paths between any
   two devices in the mesh.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-00.txt