Subject: I-D Action: draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:09:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reverse DNS Naming Convention for CIDR Address Blocks
	Author(s)       : Joe Gersch
                          Dan Massey
	Filename        : draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-02-16

   The current reverse DNS naming method is used to specify a complete
   IP address.  It has not been used to handle address ranges; for
   example, there is no formal mechanism for specifying a reverse DNS
   name for the block of addresses specified by the IPv4 prefix
   129.82.0.0/16.  Defining such a reverse DNS naming convention would
   be useful for a number of applications.  These include applications
   for secure BGP routing, and applications that need host-information
   for a device owning a complete IPv6 address block.  This draft
   proposes a naming convention for encoding CIDR address blocks in the
   reverse DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-00.txt