Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:24:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling RSVP-TE P2MP LSPs in an Inter-domain Environment
	Author(s)       : Zafar Ali
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-02-10

         Point-to-MultiPoint (P2MP) Multiprotocol Label Switching
      (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label
      Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may be established using signaling
      techniques described in [RFC4875]. However, [RFC4875] does not
      address many issues that come when a P2MP-TE LSP is signaled in
      inter-domain networks. Specifically, one of the issues in inter-
      domain networks is how to allow computation of a loosely routed
      P2MP-TE LSP such that it is re-merge free. Another issue is
      reoptimization of a P2MP-TE tree vs. reoptimization of an
      individual destination sub-LSP, as loosely routing domain border
      node is not aware of the reoptimization scope. This document
      provides a framework and required protocol extensions needed for
      establishing, controlling and reoptimizing P2MP MPLS and GMPLS TE
      LSPs in inter-domain networks.

         This document borrows inter-domain TE terminology from [RFC
      4726], e.g., for the purposes of this document, a domain is
      considered to be any collection of network elements within a
      common sphere of address management or path computational
      responsibility. Examples of such domains include Interior Gateway
      Protocol (IGP) areas and Autonomous Systems (ASes).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-07.txt