Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:31:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Deprecating Use of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          D. Crocker
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-02-13

   Historically, designers and implementers of application protocols
   have often distinguished between "standard" and "non-standard"
   parameters by prefixing the latter with the string "X-" or similar
   constructions.  In practice, this convention causes more problems
   than it solves.  Therefore, this document deprecates the "X-"
   convention for textual parameters in application protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-03.txt