Subject: I-D Action: draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:59:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS-TP has discouraged the use of multipath techniques.
   Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be avoided when
   operating over current high bandwidth multipath implementations.

   The tradeoffs involved in using multipath techniques with MPLS and
   MPLS-TP are described.  Requirements are discussed which enable full
   MPLS-TP compliant LSP including full OAM capability to be carried
   over MPLS LSP which are traversing multipath links.  Other means of
   supporting MPLS-TP coexisting with MPLS and multipath are discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-02.txt