Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 00:31:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP Option Extension: Patience
	Author(s)       : Kepeng Li
                          Bert Greevenbosch
                          Esko Dijk
                          Salvatore Loreto
	Filename        : draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  This specification provides a simple extension for CoAP,
   the Patience Option.  This Option informs a recipient of the
   preferred time frame for a request or response depending on usage
   context.  In a unicast request, it indicates the patience a client
   has in waiting for a response.  The CoAP server tries to return the
   response within the specified time frame.  In a multicast request, it
   indicates the patience a server should have in sending its response.
   The recipient would then try to randomly delay its response within
   the time frame that the requester indicated.  In a CoAP observe
   notification, it indicates the patience an observer should have in
   both waiting for a subsequent notification and in re-establishing an
   observation relation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-00.txt