Subject: I-D Action: draft-alto-caching-subscription-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:59:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Caching and Subscription
	Author(s)       : Sreekanth Madhavan
                          Nandiraju Ravishankar
	Filename        : draft-alto-caching-subscription-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-02-21

   The specification of the ALTO protocol uses map based approaches
   assuming that the information provided is static for a longer period
   of time.  But in some cases network operators reallocate IP subnets
   from time to time which in turn changes the mapping partitions[I-
   D.ietf-alto-deployments].  Since the ALTO clients are unaware of the
   map information changes, clients need to query the servers for every
   service request and many such requests are redundant because the
   information was not changed.  The purpose of this memo is to provide
   two mechanisms which will help the ALTO clients to be informed of the
   map information changes. a) ALTO clients cache the map information
   and the servers provide the expiration time for invalidation. b) ALTO
   clients can subscribe for event notifications from the server

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alto-caching-subscription-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alto-caching-subscription-00.txt