Subject: I-D Action: draft-masum-chari-shc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:43:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A framework for controlling Multitenant Isolation, Connectivity and Reachability in a Hybrid Cloud Environment
	Author(s)       : Masum Z. Hasan
                          Abdelhadi Chari
                          David Fahed
                          Lew Tucker
                          Monique Morrow
                          Mark Malyon
	Filename        : draft-masum-chari-shc-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-02-28

   Multiple enterprises (tenants) consuming resources in a public Cloud
   shares the physical infrastructure of one or more DCs out of which
   the Cloud resources are serviced.  Hence one of the major features
   that has to be supported in public Cloud DCs is multitenant
   isolation, which is realized via various DC isolation technologies,
   such as VLAN or VxLAN.  In a hybrid Cloud environment where a public
   Cloud (more specifically off-premises public Cloud resources acquired
   by a tenant ) becomes an _extension_ of a tenant intranet or private
   Cloud, the multitenant isolation capability has to be extended beyond
   the public Cloud DCs.  The multitenant isolation _domain_ has to span
   end-to-end from the tenant network or on-premises resources via the
   MAN/WAN and the public Cloud DC networks to tenant off-premises
   resources.  While multitenant isolationI isolates one tenant from
   another (inter-hybrid Cloud isolation), an enterprise may desire
   controlled connectivity to a hybrid Cloud from another Cloud or
   network or tenant or select resources.  In addition, there may be
   need for controlling direct reachability of resources within a hybrid
   Cloud itself (intra-hybrid Cloud).  The tenant network may be
   connected to the public Cloud (DCs) over the Internet or a private
   IP/MPLS MAN/WAN owned or operated by a service provider, which also
   may support PPVPN (Provider Provided VPN) service, such as the L3
   MPLS VPN.  In this work we consider the latter type of network and
   describe a framework for supporting inter-hybrid Cloud multitenant
   isolation, inter-hybrid Cloud connectivity and intra-hybrid Cloud
   reachability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masum-chari-shc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masum-chari-shc-00.txt