Subject: I-D Action: draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 02:19:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Encoding of Data Structure (DS) in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)       : Dhruv Dhody
                          Udayasree Palle
	Filename        : draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-02-17

   The ability to compute shortest constrained Traffic Engineering Label
   Switched Paths (TE LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has been
   identified as a key requirement for P2P and P2MP scenarios.
   Backward-Recursive PCE-Based Computation (BRPC) [RFC5441] defines
   VSPT [Virtual Shortest Path Tree] as a default de-facto data
   structure for PCRep message in inter-domain scenarios.

   AS PCE will get used in newer scenarios like inter-domain,
   protection, P2MP etc.  As well as PCE is being explored to be used in
   Cross Stratrum Optimization (CSO) environment (see [CSO-PCE]).
   Limiting PCEP protocol to just one data structure limits the usage of
   PCEP.  Its important to keep PCEP generic enough to use differnt data
   structure and apply different algorithms.

   This document defines extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to allow multiple data structures.  Extensions are defined for
   PCE to indicate the set of Data Structure (DS) it supports; also PCC/
   PCE can indicate in a path computation request the required DS, and a
   PCE can report in a path computation reply the Data Structure that
   was used in the path reply message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-01.txt