Subject: I-D Action: draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:11:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 packet staining
	Author(s)       : Tyson Macaulay
	Filename        : draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-02-13

   This document specifies the application of security staining on an
   IPv6 datagrams and the minimum requirements for IPv6 nodes staining
   flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding stained packets and interpreting stains
   on flows.

   The usage of the packet staining destination option enables proactive
   delivery of security intelligence to IPv6 nodes such as firewalls and
   intrusion prevention systems, and end-points such servers,
   workstations, mobile and smart devices and an infinite array of as-
   yet-to-be-invented sensors and controllers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-00.txt