Subject: I-D Action: draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:03:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipath Extensions for MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   Extensions to OSPF-TE, ISIS-TE, and RSVP-TE are defined in support of
   carrying LSP with strict packet ordering requirements over multipath
   and and carrying LSP with strict packet ordering requirements within
   LSP without violating requirements to maintain packet ordering.  LSP
   with strict packet ordering requirements include MPLS-TP LSP.

   OSPF-TE and ISIS-TE extensions defined here indicate node and link
   capability regarding support for ordered aggregates of traffic,
   multipath traffic distribution, and abilities to support multipath
   load distribution differently per LSP.

   RSVP-TE extensions either identifies an LSP as requiring strict
   packet order, or identifies an LSP as carrying one or more LSP that
   requires strict packet order at a given depth in the label stack, or
   identifies an LSP as having no restrictions on packet ordering except
   the restriction to avoid reordering microflows.  In addition an
   extension indicates whether the first nibble of payload will reliably
   indicate whether payload is IPv4, IPv6, or other type of payload,
   most notably pseudowire using a pseudowire control word.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-tp-multipath-te-extn-01.txt