Subject: I-D Action: draft-richardson-smartobject-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:15:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Challenges in Smart Object Security: too many layers, not enough ram
	Author(s)       : Michael C. Richardson
	Filename        : draft-richardson-smartobject-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-02-07

   This is a position paper for the pre-IETF83 Workshop on Smart Object
   Security.  The author contends that layer-2 security solutions are
   not only in-adequate, but may in fact be harmful when deployed into
   smart object systems.  While layer-2 security services may be
   valuable, they must be channel bound up to the layer-7 application
   layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richardson-smartobject-security-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-richardson-smartobject-security-00.txt