Subject: I-D Action: draft-allan-mpls-spme-smp-fmwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:06:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A framework for the use of SPMEs for shared mesh protection
	Author(s)       : Dave Allan
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-allan-mpls-spme-smp-fmwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-02-24

   Shared mesh protection allows a set of diversely routed paths with
   diverse endpoints to collectively oversubcribe protection resources.
   Under normal conditions no single failure will result in the capacity
   of the associated protection resources to be exhausted.

   When multiple failures occur such that more than one path in the set
   of paths utilizing shared protection resources is affected, the
   necessity arises of pre-empting traffic on the basis of business
   priority rather than application priority.

   This memo describes the use of SPMEs and TC marking as a means of
   indicating business priority for shared mesh protection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allan-mpls-spme-smp-fmwk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allan-mpls-spme-smp-fmwk-00.txt