Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:09:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit
	Author(s)       : Praveen Muley
                          Mustapha Aissaoui
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of
   redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their termination points. A set
   of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes in
   single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW) applications, or between
   terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in multi-segment pseudowire
   (MS-PW) applications.

   In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use
   for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is needed
   to indicate a preferential forwarding status of Active or Standby for
   each PW in a redundant set.

   In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes to
   coordinate a switchover operation of the PW.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-06.txt