Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-kc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:50:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Public Key Checking Protocol
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-farrell-kc-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-02-18

   Some asymmetric key generation implementations do not use sufficient
   randomness giving rise to a number of bad public keys, for example
   with known factors, being used on the Internet.  This memo specifies
   [[for now: just outlines]] an experimental protocol that could be
   used by a private key holder to talk to a responder that knows the
   values of (some of) those bad keys that have been seen in the wild.
   The protocol only allows a holder of the relevant private key to
   request information, as doing otherwise could weaken the overall
   security of the Internet and also considers confidentiality and
   privacy as important requirements, as information that a given bad
   public key is associated with a particular identifier could also
   weaken the security of the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrell-kc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrell-kc-01.txt