Subject: I-D Action: draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 01:37:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) on Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Sami Boutros
                          Marc Binderberger
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-02-01

   This document proposes a mechanism to run BFD on Link Aggregation
   Group (LAG) interfaces.  It does so by running an independent BFD
   async session on every LAG member link.

   The mechanism allows to verify the link connectivity, either in
   combination with or in absence of LACP, with a shorter detection time
   than what LACP offers.  The connectivity check can also cover
   elements of layer 3.

   A dedicated well-known UDP port is introduced that all BFD packets
   over member links use to disambiguate those from ordinary BFD
   packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-03.txt