Subject: I-D Action: draft-balaji-trill-over-ip-multi-level-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:55:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Connecting Disparate Data Center/PBB/Campus TRILL sites using BGP
	Author(s)       : Bhargav Bhikkaji
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Narayana Perumal Swamy
	Filename        : draft-balaji-trill-over-ip-multi-level-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-02-26

   There is a need to connect (a) TRILL based data centers or (b) TRILL
   based networks which provide Provider Backbone like functionalities
   or (c) Campus TRILL based networks over the WAN using one or more
   ISPs that provide regular IP+GRE or IP+MPLS transport. A few
   solutions have been proposed as in [1] in the recent past that have
   not looked at the PB-like functionality. These solutions have not
   dealt with the details as to how these services could be provided
   such that multiple TRILL sites can be inter-connected with issues
   like nick-name collisons for unicast (multicast is still TBD) being
   taken care of. It has been found that with extensions to BGP the
   problem statement which we will define below can be handled. Both
   control plane and data plane operations can be driven into the
   solution to make it seamlessly look at the entire set of TRILL sites
   as a single entity which then can be viewed as one single Layer 2
   cloud. MAC moves across TRILL sites and within TRILL sites can be
   realized. This document / proposal envisions the use of BGP-MAC-VPN
   vrfs both at the IP cloud PE devices and at the peripheral PEs within
   a TRILL site providing Provider Backbone like functionality. We deal
   in depth with the control plane and data plane particulars for
   unicast (multicast is still TBD) with nick-name election being taken
   care of as part of the solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balaji-trill-over-ip-multi-level-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balaji-trill-over-ip-multi-level-00.txt