Subject: I-D Action: draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:24:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reverse DNS Naming Convention for CIDR Address Blocks
	Author(s)       : Joe Gersch
                          Dan Massey
                          Eric Osterweil
	Filename        : draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-02-28

   The current reverse DNS naming method is used to specify a complete
   IP address.  There currently is no standard way for it to handle
   address ranges; for example, there is no formal mechanism for
   specifying a reverse DNS name for the block of addresses specified by
   the IPv4 prefix 129.82.0.0/16.  Defining such a reverse DNS naming
   convention would be useful for a number of applications.  These
   include applications for secure BGP routing, and applications that
   need host-information for a device owning a complete IPv6 address
   block.  This draft proposes a naming convention for encoding CIDR
   address blocks in the reverse DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-01.txt