Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:40:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2012-02-27

   This document specifies a fast protection mechanism for pseudowires
   (PWs) against egress attachment circuit (AC) failure, egress PE
   failure, and switching PE failure.  Designed on the basis of multi-
   homed CE, PW redundancy, upstream label assignment and context
   specific label switching, the mechanism enables local repair to be
   performed immediately upon a failure.  In particular, the router at
   point of local repair (PLR) can redirect PW traffic to a protector
   via a bypass LSP in the order of tens of milliseconds, achieving fast
   protection that is comparable to RSVP fast-reroute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt