Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:27:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
	Author(s)       : Stan Ratliff
                          Bo Berry
                          Greg Harrison
                          Darryl Satterwhite
                          Shawn Jury
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-02.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2012-02-06

   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   forwarding decisions. In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions. A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-02.txt