Subject: I-D Action: draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:12:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : mLDP Node Protection
	Author(s)       : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Eric Rosen
                          Kamran Raza
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Alia Atlas
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-02-24

   This document describes procedures to support node protection for
   Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
   (MP LSPs) built by LDP ("Label Distribution Protocol"), or simply
   mLDP.  In order to protect a node N, the Point of Local Repair (PLR)
   LSR of N must learn the Merge Point (MPT) LSR(s) of node N such that
   traffic can be redirected to them in case node N fails.  Redirecting
   the traffic around the failed node N depends on existing P2P LSPs
   originated from the PLR LSR to the MPT LSRs while bypassing LSR node
   N.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-node-protection-00.txt