Subject: I-D Action: draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:51:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Resource Records for BGP Routing Data
	Author(s)       : Joe Gersch
                          Dan Massey
                          Eric Osterweil
                          Lixia Zhang
	Filename        : draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-02-28

   This draft proposes the creation of two DNS record types for storing
   BGP routing information in the reverse DNS.  The RLOCK record allows
   prefix owners to indicate whether the DNS is being used to publish
   routing data.  The SRO record allows operators to indicate whether an
   IPv4 or IPv6 prefix ought to appear in global routing tables and
   identifies authorized origin Autonomous System Number(s) for that
   prefix.  The published data can be used in a variety of contexts and
   can be extended to include additional information.  This work is part
   of an on-going effort and is accessible in an active testbed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt