Subject: I-D Action: draft-yourtchenko-humansafe-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:09:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Human-safe IPv6: Cryptographic transformation of hostnames as a base for secure and manageable addressing
	Author(s)       : Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Salman Asadullah
                          Mircea Pisica
	Filename        : draft-yourtchenko-humansafe-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-02-28

   Although the IPv6 address space within a single /64 subnet is very
   large, the typical distribution of the addresses in this space is
   very non-uniform.  This non-uniformity, together with the dictionary-
   based DNS brute-force enumeration, allows practical remote mapping of
   the IPv6 addresses in these subnets.  This document proposes a
   technique which can be used to decrease the exposure of the server
   subnets to trivial scanning.  As a side effect, the proposed
   technique allows to drastically simplify the address management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yourtchenko-humansafe-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yourtchenko-humansafe-ipv6-00.txt