Subject: I-D Action: draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:18:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Version 2 as the Customer Edge/Customer Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)       : David Freedman
	Filename        : draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-02-29

   RFC4577 (OSPF as the Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP
   VPNs) proposes a mechanism for the use of the Open Shortest Path
   First V2 ("OSPF", RFC2328) protocol between the Provider Edge ("PE")
   and Customer Edge ("CE") routers within a BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private
   Network ("IP/VPN", RFC4364).

   The standard provides for use of such a provider VPN to join
   discontiguous locations together, preserving the OSPF area and domain
   behaviour.

   This document describes a technique for utilising the same, IPVPN
   network infrastructure without the requirement to enable the OSPF
   protocol on the PE/CE interface and thus relieve the PE router of
   OSPF duties.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-00.txt