Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 12:55:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Hiding Transit-only Networks in OSPF
	Author(s)       : Yi Yang
                          Alvaro Retana
                          Abhay Roy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-02-02

   A transit-only network is defined as a network connecting routers
   only.  In OSPF, transit-only networks are usually configured with
   routable IP addresses, which are advertised in Link State
   Advertisements (LSAs) but not needed for data traffic.  In addition,
   remote attacks can be launched against routers by sending packets to
   these transit-only networks.  This document presents a mechanism to
   hide transit-only networks to speed up network convergence and
   minimize remote attack vulnerability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-02.txt