Subject: I-D Action: draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:44:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mesh Link Establishment
	Author(s)       : Richard Kelsey
	Filename        : draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-03-07

   This document defines the mesh link establishment (MLE) protocol for
   establishing and configuring links in an ad hoc mesh radio network.
   Effective mesh networking using radio links requires identifying,
   configuring, and securing usable links to neighboring devices.  In an
   ad hoc mesh network a device's neighbors may come and go as the
   network's membership and physical environment change.  Newly usable
   links need to be identified and configured automatically, where
   configuration values can include link-layer addresses, transmit and
   receive modes, security parameters, and so forth.  MLE includes the
   option of securing the configuration messages themselves, as link-
   layer security may not be available prior to configuration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kelsey-intarea-mesh-link-establishment-02.txt