Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:16:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Networking Architecture for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Tim Chown
                          Jari Arkko
                          Anders Brandt
                          Ole Troan
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-arch-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This text describes evolving networking technology within small
   residential home networks.  The goal of this memo is to define the
   architecture for IPv6-based home networking and the associated
   principles, considerations and requirements.  The text briefly
   highlights the implications of the introduction of IPv6 for home
   networking, discusses topology scenarios, and suggests how standard
   IPv6 mechanisms and addressing can be employed in home networking.
   The architecture describes the need for specific protocol extensions
   for certain additional functionality.  It is assumed that the IPv6
   home network is not actively managed, and runs as an IPv6-only or
   dual-stack network.  There are no recommendations in this text for
   the IPv4 part of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-02.txt