Subject: I-D Action: draft-castellani-core-alive-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:59:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP Alive Message
	Author(s)       : Angelo P. Castellani
                          Salvatore Loreto
	Filename        : draft-castellani-core-alive-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-03-29

   In the context of a Constrained RESTful Environment (CoRE), hosts
   could frequently be energy-constrained and be turned off the vast
   majority of time for energy-saving purposes.

   In the case of a CoAP server, while it is offline, it is neither
   available to serve requests.  Clients desiring to access its
   resources have no way to understand when they will find it up again.

   This specification provides a simple new message that gives to a CoAP
   server the ability to signal its current availability in the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-castellani-core-alive-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-castellani-core-alive-00.txt