Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:14:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaces IPsec Security Requirements
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Carl Williams
	Filename        : draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-03-29

   ISPs wants to take advantage of MIF Transport protocols like SCTP,
   MPTCP to enhance their End User's experience when the End User has
   been offloaded on WLAN.  In addition, WLAN are untrusted so ISPs MUST
   Secure at least some of their End Users's communications.  For
   various reasons IPsec is the protocol they choose to secure the
   communications.  Currently, IPsec is not adapted to Multiple
   Interfaces Environment.  IPsec can hardly be configured in a proper
   way which may result in breaking End Users' communications.  At
   least, it makes it very hard for the End Users to combine Security
   with MIF enhancements.  MOBIKE partly address the problem for a
   single Interface.  This draft provides the problem statement and
   defines the IPsec Security Requirements for MIF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-01.txt