Subject: I-D Action: draft-fossati-core-publish-monitor-options-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 00:26:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Publish and Monitor Options for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Thomas Fossati
                          Pierpaolo Giacomin
                          Salvatore Loreto
	Filename        : draft-fossati-core-publish-monitor-options-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-10

   This memo defines two additional Options for the Constrained
   Application Protocol (CoAP) especially targeted at sleepy sensors:
   Publish and Monitor.

   The Publish Option enables opportunistic updates of a given resource
   state, by temporarily delegating the authority of the Publish'ed
   resource to a Proxy node.  The whole process is driven by the
   (sleepy) origin -- which may actually never need to listen.

   The Monitor Option complements the typical Observe pattern, enabling
   the tracking of a resource hosted by a node sleeping most of the
   time, by taking care of establishing and maintaining an Observe
   relationship with the (sleepy) origin on behalf of the (sleepy)
   client.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fossati-core-publish-monitor-options-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fossati-core-publish-monitor-options-01.txt