Subject: I-D Action: draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 06:19:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Control Requirements For Real Time Media
	Author(s)       : Randell Jesup
                          Harald Alvestrand
	Filename        : draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   Congestion control is needed for all data transported across the
   Internet, in order to promote fair usage and prevent congestion
   collapse.  The requirements for interactive, point-to-point real time
   multimedia, which needs by low-delay, semi-reliable data delivery,
   are different from the requirements for bulk transfer like FTP or
   bursty transfers like Web pages, and the TCP algorithms are not
   suitable for this traffic.

   This document attempts to describe a set of requirements that can be
   used to evaluate other congestion control mechanisms in order to
   figure out their fitness for this purpose.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs-00.txt