Subject: I-D Action: draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:40:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Fixed Mobile Convergence
	Author(s)       : Li Xue
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Dirk von Hugo
	Filename        : draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-03-09

   The purpose of this document is to analyze the issues that have
   arisen so far and then to propose a set of requirements for the Fixed
   Mobile Convergence.  The term Fixed Mobile Convergence spans several
   scenarios from true integration of fixed and mobile terminals,
   services, and network infrastructure on both technical and management
   level down to pure interworking between fixed and mobile networks in
   serving access for multi-interface terminals like todays'
   smartphones.  In the interworking scenario, the mobile network passes
   on the mobile subscribers policies to the fixed broadband network in
   order to maintain the end-to-end service level agreement and to
   support remote terminal and access network management.  Explicitly,
   the fixed broadband network must have partnership with the mobile
   network in Fixed Mobile Convergence interworking scenario.  This
   document gives a brief overview of the assumed Fixed Mobile
   Convergence architecture and related works and then introduces
   several requirements based on the partnership in Fixed Mobile
   Convergence architecture, such as User Equipment identification and
   authentication, Femto Access Point management, device type
   identification and mobility considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-01.txt