Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5664bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:26:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Object-Based Parallel NFS (pNFS) Operations
	Author(s)       : Benny Halevy
                          Boaz Harrosh
                          Brent Welch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5664bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2012-03-28

   Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File System version 4 (NFSv4) to
   allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by the
   NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
   increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
   client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent on
   the class of storage used, a.k.a. the Layout Type.  The main pNFS
   operations and data types in NFSv4 Minor version 1 specify a layout-
   type-independent layer; layout-type-specific information is conveyed
   using opaque data structures whose internal structure is further
   defined by the particular layout type specification.  This document
   specifies the NFSv4.1 Object-Based pNFS Layout Type as a companion to
   the main NFSv4 Minor version 1 specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5664bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5664bis-01.txt