Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-rtgwg-twod-ip-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 06:37:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Two Dimensional IP Routing Architecture
	Author(s)       : Mingwei Xu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Shu Yang
                          Dan Wang
	Filename        : draft-xu-rtgwg-twod-ip-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   This document describes Two Dimensional IP (TwoD-IP) routing, a new
   Internet routing architecture which makes forwarding decisions based
   on both source address and destination address.  This presents a
   fundamental extension from the current Internet, which makes
   forwarding decisions based on the destination address, and provides
   shortest single-path routing towards destination.  Such extension
   provides rooms to solve fundamental problems of the past and foster
   great innovations in the future.

   We present the TwoD-IP routing framework and its two underpinning
   schemes.  The first is a new hardware-based forwarding table
   structure for TwoD-IP, FIST, which achieves line-speed lookup with
   acceptable storage space.  The second is a policy routing protocol
   that flexibly diverts traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-rtgwg-twod-ip-routing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-rtgwg-twod-ip-routing-00.txt