Subject: I-D Action: draft-svshah-bgp-qos-sla-attribute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 12:17:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP attribute for QoS SLA advertisement
	Author(s)       : Shitanshu Shah
                          Keyur Patel
                          Sandeep Bajaj
	Filename        : draft-svshah-bgp-qos-sla-attribute-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-03-01

   Out-of-band manual learning of SLA details and provisioning them in
   general can be complex work for network administrators.  For example,
   Enterprise network administrators not only have to know what is their
   SLA, for voice, video etc application traffic, with their Provider,
   but they also require translating application groups to Classifier
   groups as per provider's definition as well translate SLA to vendor
   specific provisioning language.  An in-band method of QoS signaling
   can help to simplify some of the complexities.  An optional
   transitive BGP attribute proposed in this document intends to signal
   SLA details in-band, across administrative boundaries (considered as
   Autonomous Systems (AS)), and thus simplify/speed-up some of the
   complex tasks.

   Though the use-case with the proposed attribute is explicitly defined
   in this document, purpose of this attribute is not limited to this
   use-case only.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-svshah-bgp-qos-sla-attribute-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-svshah-bgp-qos-sla-attribute-00.txt