Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-protocol-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:46:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Protocol for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
                          Jakob Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-protocol-18.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-03-09

   Encrypted communication on the Internet often uses Transport Level
   Security (TLS), which depends on third parties to certify the keys
   used.  This document improves on that situation by enabling the
   administrator of a domain name to certify the keys used in that
   domain's TLS servers.  This requires matching improvements in TLS
   client software, but no change in TLS server software.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-18.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-18.txt