Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 13:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Overview of Pre-Congestion Notification Encoding
	Author(s)       : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Kwok Ho Chan
                          Toby Moncaster
                          Michael Menth
                          Philip Eardley
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-03-08

   The objective of Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) is to protect the
   quality of service (QoS) of inelastic flows within a Diffserv domain.
   On every link in the PCN domain, the overall rate of the PCN-traffic
   is metered, and PCN-packets are appropriately marked when certain
   configured rates are exceeded.  Egress nodes provide decision points
   with information about the PCN-marks of PCN-packets which allows them
   to take decisions about whether to admit or block a new flow request,
   and to terminate some already admitted flows during serious pre-
   congestion.

   The PCN Working Group explored a number of approaches for encoding
   this pre-congestion information into the IP header.  This document
   provides details of all those approaches along with an explanation of
   the constraints that had to be met by any solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt