Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:46:59 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : TFTP Windowsize Option
    Author(s)     : P. Masotta
    Filename      : draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt
    Pages         : 3 
    Date          : March 8, 2012 
    
   The Trivial File Transfer Protocol [1] is a simple, lock-step, file
   transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file onto a
   remote host.  One of its primary uses is the booting of diskless
   nodes on a Local Area Network.  TFTP is used because it is very
   simple to implement in a small node&#39;s limited ROM space.  However,
   the choice of a lock-step schema is not the most efficient for use
   on a LAN.

   This document describes a TFTP option which allows the client and
   server to negotiate a windowsize of consecutive blocks to send 
   as an alternative for replacing the lock-step single block schema. 
   The TFTP Option Extension mechanism is described in [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.