Subject: I-D Action: draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 04:48:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A context mechanism for controlling caching of HTTP responses
	Author(s)       : Yngve N. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-03-06

   A common problem for sensitive web services is informing the client,
   in a reliable fashion, when a password protected resource is no
   longer valid because the user is logged out of the service.  This is,
   in particular, considered a potential security problem by some
   sensitive services, such as online banking, when the user navigates
   the client's history list, which is supposed to display the resource
   as it was when it was loaded, not as it is the time the user
   navigates to it.

   This document presents a method for collecting such sensitive
   resources into a group, called a "Cache Context", which permits the
   server to invalidate all the resources belonging in the group either
   by direct action, or according to some expiration policy.  The
   context can be configured to invalidate not just the resources, but
   also specific cookies, HTTP authentication credentials and HTTP over
   TLS session information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-06.txt