Subject: I-D Action: draft-aldrin-trill-data-center-interconnect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:53:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL Data Center Interconnect
	Author(s)       : Sam Aldrin
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Santiago Alvarez
	Filename        : draft-aldrin-trill-data-center-interconnect-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This document presents a solution suite for TRILL data center sites
   to be connected over WAN networks. TRILL protocol is primarily
   designed to work within intra-data centers. Connecting different
   sites over WAN using overlay tunnel protocols is the primary method
   employed at present. Though this presents a simple mechanism to
   extend the LAN sites to be interconnected, it also brings in the
   problem of scalability for TRILL nicknames exchanged between sites,
   latency, duplication of traffic etc. This draft proposes a way to
   extend the TRILL sites without having to reveal the data of the LAN
   like customer MAC's or provide MAC's over the WAN, but to establish
   connections between various sites by extending routing protocol to
   exchange minimal information, thus reducing the information flow to
   the required sites only. Document also proposes BGP routing protocol
   extensions as an example to establish paths and information about the
   essential RBridges nicknames, over WAN networks like MPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aldrin-trill-data-center-interconnect-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aldrin-trill-data-center-interconnect-00.txt