Subject: I-D Action: draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-energy-aware-nd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:52:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Energy Aware IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
                          Margaret Wasserman
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-energy-aware-nd-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 4861) protocol has been designed for
   neighbor's address resolution, unreachability detection, address
   autoconfiguration, router advertisement and solicitation.  With the
   progress of Internet adoption on various industries including home,
   wireless and machine-to-machine communications, there is a desire for
   optimizing legacy IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol to be more
   efficient in terms of number of signaling messages in the network.
   Efficient IPv6 Neighbor Discovery is useful for energy-efficient
   networks and as well for overlay networks such as VLANs with large
   number of nodes.  This document describes a method of optimizations
   by reducing periodic multicast messages, frequent Neighbor
   Solicitation messages and discusses interoperability with legacy IPv6
   nodes.  It also addresses the ND denial of service issues by
   introducing node Registration procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-energy-aware-nd-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-energy-aware-nd-02.txt