Subject: I-D Action: draft-cao-lwig-dns-serv-simp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 02:22:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Lightweight Service Simplification via DNS
	Author(s)       : Zhen Cao
                          Feng Cao
                          Yuanchen Ma
                          Hui Tian
	Filename        : draft-cao-lwig-dns-serv-simp-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This memo discusses a lightweight service simplification method via
   DNS.  Instead of storing the information on the Web infrastructure,
   the service provider can store them on the DNS servers.  By
   expressing these information in the DNS Resource Records, the
   requester can get these information directly during the DNS name
   resolution, without the need of accessing any web resource.  This way
   eliminates the overhead caused by TCP handshake and HTTP get/
   response, and can be served as a lightweight information provisioning
   method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-lwig-dns-serv-simp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-lwig-dns-serv-simp-00.txt