Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:53:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PRECIS Framework: Handling Internationalized Strings in Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Marc Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Application protocols using Unicode code points in protocol strings
   need to prepare such strings in order to perform comparison
   operations (e.g., for purposes of authentication or authorization).
   This document defines a framework enabling application protocols to
   use various classes of strings in a way that depends on the
   properties of Unicode code points.  A specification using this
   framework can either directly use the base string classes or can
   subclass the base string classes as needed.  This framework uses an
   approach similar to the revised internationalized domain names in
   applications (IDNA) technology (RFC 5890, RFC 5891, RFC 5892, RFC
   5893, RFC 5894) and thus adheres to the high-level design goals
   described in RFC 4690, albeit for application technologies other than
   the Domain Name System (DNS).  This document obsoletes the previous
   framework, named Stringprep, as defined in RFC 3454.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-precis-framework-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-precis-framework-02.txt