Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:50:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          James Rafferty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   There is a class of applications which benefit from using SIP to
   exchange User to User Information (UUI) data during session
   establishment.  This information, known as call control UUI data, is
   a small piece of data inserted by an application initiating the
   session, and utilized by an application accepting the session.  The
   rules which apply for a certain application are defined by a UUI
   package.  This UUI data is opaque to SIP and its function is
   unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document defines a new SIP
   header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI data, along with an
   extension mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-05.txt