Subject: I-D Action: draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 08:39:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The With-MAC key-wrapping algorithm for Cryptographic Message Syntax
	Author(s)       : Jonathan C. Herzog
                          Roger Khazan
	Filename        : draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-03-01

   This document describes a new key-wrapping algorithm to be used in
   the EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and AuthEnvelopedData structures
   of the Cryptographic Message Syntax.  Because these structures do not
   provide data-origin authentication, a recipient cannot
   cryptographically verify that the plaintext received was the
   plaintext encapsulated by the message's original sender.  The With-
   MAC key-wrapping algorithm allows an EncryptedKey value to hold both
   a wrapped symmetric key and a MAC value on the data to be
   authenticated.  When used in EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and
   AuthEnvelopedData structures, therefore, these structures can achieve
   data-origin authentication (in some circumstances) using only
   symmetric-key algorithms.  This is useful in cases where the
   structures must be generated by entities without certified digital-
   signature keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-01.txt