Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:41:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Jan Medved
                          Stefano Previdi
	Filename        : draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
   called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
   current state of the connections within the network, including
   traffic engineering information.  This is information typically
   distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network

   This document describes a mechanism by which links state and traffic
   engineering information can be collected from networks and shared
   with external components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is
   achieved using a new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information
   (NLRI) encoding format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and
   virtual links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy control.

   Applications of this technique include Application Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) servers, and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-01.txt