Subject: I-D Action: draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:17:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP Congestion Control: Circuit Breakers for Unicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Varun Singh
	Filename        : draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is widely used for telephony,
   video conferencing, and telepresence applications.  These
   applications are often used over best-effort UDP/IP networks.  If
   congestion control is not implemented then network congestion will
   deteriorate the user's multimedia experience.  This document does not
   propose a congestion control algorithm.  Instead, it specifies a
   minimal set of "circuit-breakers".  Circuit-breakers are conditions
   under which an RTP flow should cease to transmit media to protect the
   network from excessive congestion.  It is expected that all RTP
   applications running on best-effort networks will be able to run
   without triggering these circuit breakers in normal operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-00.txt