Subject: I-D Action: draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 04:18:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Measuring IPv6 Traffic in BitTorrent Networks
	Author(s)       : Martin Defeche
                          Eric Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-02

   This document is a follow-up of a University thesis which aims to
   measure the evolution over time of IPv6 traffic and to analyze the
   geographical distribution of IPv6 nodes.  The first measurements were
   done during the Summer 2009 using a specific-purpose program which
   connects to the BitTorrent peer-to-peer network and this document
   adds measurements done with the same program but in October 2011 and
   February 2012.

   The study was made in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) networks because they are
   responsible for a big part of Internet traffic and because their
   structure and functioning permit a rapid discovery of a large number
   of nodes from all over the world.  In addition, the P2P users are
   more likely to be interested by IPv6 as IPv6 does not have the same
   NAT problems as IPv4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vyncke-ipv6-traffic-in-p2p-networks-01.txt