Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-lwig-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:16:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : On Lightweight and Embedded IP Programming Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Carl Williams
                          Geoff Mulligan
	Filename        : draft-williams-lwig-api-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This document takes a look at various aspects of Application
   Programming Interfaces (APIs) used in embedded sensors and controller
   applications such as IP Smart Objects and IP based Wireless Sensor
   Networks.  These devices may be interconnected via many different
   types of media, including 802.15.4 (lowpans), power line control
   (PLC), RS485, but the common characteristic is that the devices have
   extremely limited code space and memory space for both the stack and
   application.  Just as there is no one single API for IP networking
   stacks today (though the "Berkeley sockets" might be considered de-
   facto standard) there is not likely to be a single standard in the
   embedded space, but there can be some common understanding about
   facilities that can and should be provided to the application
   developer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-lwig-api-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-lwig-api-00.txt