Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-dmm-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:25:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A architecture of distributed mobility management using mip and pmip
	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
	Filename        : draft-chan-dmm-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-03-02

   This draft proposes a distributed architecture of mobility management
   in terms of abstracted logical functions.  Mobility management
   functions are abstracted into different logical functions: (1)
   allocation of home network prefixes or home addresses to mobile
   nodes; (2) location management which includes managing the IP
   addresses and locations of the mobile nodes; and (3) mobility routing
   which includes intercepting and forwarding packets.  A distributed
   architecture can be contructed by providing the mobility routing
   functions in multiple networks in the data plane and a distributed
   database is used to host the location management function.  This
   generalized architecture enables different distributed mobility
   designs using primarily the existing mobility protocols (MIP and
   PMIP) and their extensions.  Several existing distributed mobility
   management proposals are briefly reviewed using this framework.  It
   is expected that the different proposals, when expressed in terms of
   the generalized framework of logical functions, can interwork with
   each other as well as with the existing hierarchical deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-dmm-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-dmm-architecture-00.txt