Subject: I-D Action: draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 06:03:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - Unified Solution (4rd)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Jacni Qin
                          Yiu Lee
                          Gang Chen
	Filename        : draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The 4rd automatic tunneling mechanism makes IPv4 Residual Deployment
   possible via IPv6 networks without maintaining for this per-customer
   states in 4rd-capable nodes (reverse of the IPv6 Rapid Deployment of
   6rd).  To cope with the IPv4 address shortage, customers can be
   assigned IPv4 addresses with restricted port sets.  In some
   scenarios, 4rd-capable customer nodes can exchange packets of their
   IPv4-only applications via stateful NAT64s that are upgraded to
   support 4rd tunnels (in addition to their IP/ICMP translation of
   RFC6145).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-softwire-4rd-u-05.txt