Subject: I-D Action: draft-jobert-tictoc-ptp-link-local-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:51:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transporting PTP messages over MPLS networks using a link local addressing
	Author(s)       : Sebastien Jobert
	Filename        : draft-jobert-tictoc-ptp-link-local-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This document introduces a method for transporting PTP messages over
   an MPLS network supported by an Ethernet physical layer. The MPLS
   layer itself is not used to carry the PTP messages with this method;
   instead, a link local Ethernet channel is used. Several advantages
   related to this method are highlighted in this document. The method
   targets in particular telecom applications requiring accurate
   phase/time synchronization, with "link-by-link" PTP architectures,
   where all the network nodes support a PTP function, such as Boundary
   Clock or Transparent Clock.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jobert-tictoc-ptp-link-local-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jobert-tictoc-ptp-link-local-00.txt