Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:10:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for 6rd
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-03-26

   This memo specifies 6rd's multicast component so that IPv6 hosts can
   receive multicast data from IPv6 servers.  In AMT based encapsulation
   solution, AMT Gateway at the 6rd Customer Edge router uses AMT
   protocol to establish a tunnel interface with AMT Relay at the 6rd
   Border Relay and this tunnel is used to exchange MLD messages to
   establish multicast state at AMT Relay so that AMT Relay can tunnel
   IPv6 multicast data to IPv6 hosts connected to AMT Gateway.  In 6rd
   Translation Multicast based solution, the protocol is based on
   proxying MLD at the 6rd Customer Edge router and then translating MLD
   messages to IGMP messages and sending them upstream to a network
   which supports IPv4 multicast. 6rd Border Relay is multicast router
   and IGMP-MLD translator.  It translates IGMP join back to MLD join
   message and sends it to multicast source.  IPv6 Multicast data
   received at 6rd Border Relay is translated into IPv4 multicast data
   and then sent to IPv4 multicast tree downstream to 6rd Customer Edge
   which translates back to IPv6 multicast data then delivers to the
   hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-03.txt