Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:20:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LLN Fragment Forwarding and Recovery
	Author(s)       : Pascal Thubert
                          Jonathan W. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-03-29

   In order to be routed, a fragmented packet must be reassembled at
   every hop of a multihop link where lower layer fragmentation occurs.
   Considering that the IPv6 minimum MTU is 1280 bytes and that an an
   802.15.4 frame can have a payload limited to 74 bytes in the worst
   case, a packet might end up fragmented into as many as 18 fragments
   at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those fragments is
   lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent, further
   contributing to the congestion that might have caused the initial
   packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to forward and
   recover individual fragments that might be lost over multiple hops
   between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-00.txt