Subject: I-D Action: draft-jobert-tsvwg-pre-congest-notif-mobile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 06:21:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Pre-congestion notification in mobile networks
	Author(s)       : Sebastien Jobert
                          Isabelle Hamchaoui
	Filename        : draft-jobert-tsvwg-pre-congest-notif-mobile-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   Mobile networks may be divided into two main segments: the radio
   segment, and the wireline segment. This document highlights that the
   algorithms leading to pre-congestion notification (e.g. ECN marking)
   are usually significantly different for these two segments, and not
   defined or documented in general over the radio segment. It also
   explains that using ECN bits leads to having a unique signal for
   notifying a pre-congestion related to two separate segments with
   very different notification algorithms. Some consequences are
   questioned, as well as the potential benefits of being able to
   identify where the congestion comes from. This document finally
   discusses the possibility to take into account the radio conditions
   of the terminals when counting the volume of congestion over the
   radio segment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jobert-tsvwg-pre-congest-notif-mobile-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jobert-tsvwg-pre-congest-notif-mobile-00.txt