Subject: I-D Action: draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:11:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Profile for TCP/IP (ROHC-TCP)
	Author(s)       : Ghyslain Pelletier
                          Kristofer Sandlund
                          Lars-Erik Jonsson
                          Mark A West
	Filename        : draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 95
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This document specifies a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile
   for compression of TCP/IP packets.  The profile, called ROHC-TCP,
   provides efficient and robust compression of TCP headers, including
   frequently used TCP options such as SACK (Selective Acknowledgments)
   and Timestamps.

   ROHC-TCP works well when used over links with significant error rates
   and long round-trip times.  For many bandwidth-limited links where
   header compression is essential, such characteristics are common.

   This specification obsoletes [RFC4996].  It fixes a technical issue
   with the SACK compression and clarifies other compression methods
   used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-00.txt