Subject: I-D Action: draft-cardenas-dff-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:08:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Alvaro A. Cardenas
                          Tadashige Iwao
                          Michael L. Dow
                          Sandra L. Cespedes
	Filename        : draft-cardenas-dff-04.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-03-02

   This document describes the Depth-First Forwarding (DFF) protocol for
   IPv6 networks based on the LoWPAN adaptation layer.  The protocol is
   a mesh-under data forwarding mechanism that increases reliability of
   data delivery.

   DFF forwards data frames using a network-wide "depth-first search"
   for the Final Destination of the frame.  DFF may be used in
   conjunction with a mesh-under routing protocol, which provides
   "hints" for DFF in which order to try to send the frame to the
   neighbors discovered by the neighborhood discovery mechanism.  In
   that case, DFF can be used as local repair mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cardenas-dff-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cardenas-dff-04.txt