Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:58:08 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : TFTP Windowsize Option
    Author(s)     : P. Masotta
    Filename      : draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt
    Pages         : 5 
    Date          : March 26, 2012 
    
  The Trivial File Transfer Protocol [1] is a simple, lock-step, file
   transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file onto a
   remote host.  One of its primary uses is the early stages of nodes 
   booting from a Local Area Network. TFTP has been always used because
   it is very simple to implement. However, the choice of a lock-step
   schema is not the most efficient for use on a LAN.

   This document describes a TFTP option which allows the client and
   server to negotiate a windowsize of consecutive blocks to send 
   as an alternative for replacing the single block lock-step schema. 
   The TFTP Option Extension mechanism is described in [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.