Subject: I-D Action: draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 04:48:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Public Suffix Structure file format and its use for Cookie domain validation
	Author(s)       : Yngve N. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-03-06

   This document defines the term "Public Suffix domain" as meaning a
   domain under which multiple parties that are unaffiliated with the
   owner of the Public Suffix domain may register subdomains.  Examples
   of Public Suffix domains include "org", "co.uk", "k12.wa.us" and
   "uk.com".  It also defines a file format that can be used to
   distribute information about such Public Suffix domains to relying
   parties.  As an example, this information is then used to limit which
   domains an Internet service can set HTTP cookies for, strengthening
   the rules already defined by the cookie specification.  This
   specification updates RFC 6265 [RFC6265] by defining the term "Public
   Suffix domain".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt