Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-rtgwg-mrt-mc-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:35:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Architecture for Multicast Protection Using Maximally Redundant Trees
	Author(s)       : Alia Atlas
                          Robert Kebler
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Andras Csaszar
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
	Filename        : draft-atlas-rtgwg-mrt-mc-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   Failure protection is desirable for multicast traffic, whether
   signaled via PIM or mLDP.  Different mechanisms are suitable for
   different use-cases and deployment scenarios.  This document
   describes the architecture for global protection (aka multicast live-
   live) and for local protection (aka fast-reroute).

   The general methods for global protection and local protection using
   alternate-trees are dependent upon the use of Maximally Redundant
   Trees.  Local protection can also tunnel traffic in unicast tunnels
   to take advantage of the routing and fast-reroute mechanisms
   available for IP/LDP unicast destinations.

   The failures protected against are single link or node failures.
   While the basic architecture might support protection against shared
   risk group failures, algorithms to dynamically compute MRTs
   supporting this are for future study.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-rtgwg-mrt-mc-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-rtgwg-mrt-mc-arch-00.txt