Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:13:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Networking Devices
	Author(s)       : Carol Davids
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Scott Poretsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document provides a terminology for benchmarking SIP performance
   in networking devices.  Terms are included for test components, test
   setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics for black-box
   benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The performance benchmark
   metrics are obtained for the SIP control plane and media plane.  The
   terms are intended for use in a companion methodology document for
   complete performance characterization of a device in a variety of
   conditions making it possible to compare performance of different
   devices.  It is critical to provide test setup parameters and a
   methodology document for SIP performance benchmarking because SIP
   allows a wide range of configuration and operational conditions that
   can influence performance benchmark measurements.  It is necessary to
   have terminology and methodology standards to ensure that reported
   benchmarks have consistent definition and were obtained following the
   same procedures.  Benchmarks can be applied to compare performance of
   a variety of SIP networking devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-04.txt