Subject: I-D Action: draft-zeng-idr-bgp-mtu-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:15:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Maximum Transmission Unit Extended Community for BGP-4
	Author(s)       : Qing Zeng
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-zeng-idr-bgp-mtu-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-03-08

   Proper functioning of path Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) discovery
   [RFC1191] requires that IP routers have knowledge of the MTU for each
   link to which they are connected.  As MPLS progresses, [RFC3988]
   specifies extensions to LDP in support of LDP LSP MTU discovery.  For
   the LSP created using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) [RFC3107], it
   does not have the ability to signal the path MTU to the ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR).  In the absence of this functionality, the
   MTU for the BGP LSP must be statically configured by network
   operators or by equivalent off-line mechanisms.

   This document defines the MTU Extended Community for BGP in support
   of BGP LSP MTU discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeng-idr-bgp-mtu-extension-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeng-idr-bgp-mtu-extension-02.txt