Subject: I-D Action: draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:56:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LDP Extension for FRR Edge Node Protection in BGP-Free LDP Core
	Author(s)       : Ahmed Bashandy
                          Kamran Raza
	Filename        : draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   Consider a BGP free core scenario with LDP running in the core.
   Suppose the edge BGP speakers PE1 and PE2 know about a prefix P/m
   via the external routers CE1 and CE2.  If the edge LSR PE1 crashes
   or becomes totally disconnected from the core, it is desirable for a
   core LSR "P", that is carrying traffic to the failed edge LSR PE1,
   to immediately restore traffic by re-routing packets destined to the
   prefix P/m from the LSP terminating on PE1 to be forwarded over the
   LSP terminating on PE2, until BGP reconverges. If the packets
   originally flowing to the failed edge LSR PE1 are BGP labeled, then
   the repairing core LSR P must swap the label (corresponding to
   prefix P/m) advertised by the failed edge LSR PE1 with the label
   advertised for the same prefix by the edge LSR PE2 before re-routing
   the packets through an LSP terminating on PE2. To implement BGP edge
   node protection in a BGP-free LDP core, this document proposes an
   extension to LDP. This extension allows an LDP speaker running on a
   Edge LSR Node (e.g. PE1) to inform the LDP speakers running on core
   LSRs about the "Repair" edge LSR (e.g. PE2), as well as Repair LSR's
   label for prefix P/m, if any.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bashandy-mpls-ldp-bgp-frr-00.txt