Subject: I-D Action: draft-unbehagen-spb-ip-ipvpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:31:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP/IPVPN services with IEEE 802.1aq SPB networks
	Author(s)       : Paul Unbehagen
                          Roger Lapuh
                          Peter Ashwood-Smith
	Filename        : draft-unbehagen-spb-ip-ipvpn-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-03-05

      This document describes a compact method of using a IEEE 802.1aq
   Shortest Path Backbone Bridging (SPB) network to natively enable and
   carry IP and IPVPN services on native Ethernet links.  Further this
   documents the extensions to SPB's control protocol, IS-IS, required
   to allow it to be a single mechanism for providing all these services
   types.  On its own SPB provides virtual Ethernet networks; utilizing
   IS-IS to create loop free Ethernet topologies that forward Ethernet
   traffic using a standard Ethernet header.  This document shows how
   the same SPB network can also be leveraged to provide IP based
   services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-unbehagen-spb-ip-ipvpn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-unbehagen-spb-ip-ipvpn-00.txt