Subject: I-D Action: draft-schaad-plasma-cms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:47:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Plasma Service CMS Processing
	Author(s)       : Jim Schaad
	Filename        : draft-schaad-plasma-cms-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-03-02

   Secure Mime (S/MIME) defined a method of placing security labels on a
   Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) object.  These labels are placed
   as part of the data signed and validated by the parties.  This means
   that the message content is visible to the recipient prior to the
   label enforcement.  In [EPS-WS-TRUST] a new model has been presented
   where a third party is used as the enforcement point of the label.
   This document provides the details needed to implement the new Plasma
   model in the CMS infrastructure.

   Additional benefits of using the Plasma module include moving
   responsibility of building lock boxes to the server and determining,
   based on policy, who should be a message recipient.

   The document describes and details how the encryption process is
   performed, defines a new lock box attribute to hold the information
   needed to valid the label and to obtain the keys needed to decrypt
   the message.  The document does not cover the protocol between the
   client and the Plasma policy enforcement server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schaad-plasma-cms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schaad-plasma-cms-00.txt