Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcpherson-irr-routing-policy-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:45:27 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IRR &amp; Routing Policy Configuration Considerations
    Author(s)     : D. McPherson, et al
    Filename      : draft-mcpherson-irr-routing-policy-considerations
    Pages         : 14 
    Date          : March 6, 2012 
    
   The purpose of this document is to catalog past issues influencing
   the efficacy of Internet Routing Registries (IRR) for inter-domain
   routing policy specification and application in the global routing
   system over the past two decades.  Additionally, it provides a
   discussion regarding which of these issues are still problematic in
   practice, and which are simply artifacts that are no longer
   applicable but continue to stifle inter-provider policy-based
   filtering adoption and IRR utility to this day.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcpherson-irr-routing-policy-considerations

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.