Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:33:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Privacy Terminology and Concepts
	Author(s)       : Marit Hansen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Rhys Smith
                          Alissa Cooper
	Filename        : draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Privacy is a concept that has been debated and argued throughout the
   last few millennia.  Its most striking feature is the difficulty that
   disparate parties encounter when they attempt to precisely define it.
   In order to discuss privacy in a meaningful way, a tightly defined
   context is necessary.  The specific context of privacy used within
   this document is that of personal data in Internet protocols.
   Personal data is any information relating to a data subject, where a
   data subject is an identified natural person or a natural person who
   can be identified, directly or indirectly.

   A lot of work within the IETF involves defining protocols that can
   potentially transport (either explicitly or implicitly) personal
   data.  This document aims to establish a consistent lexicon around
   privacy for IETF contributors to use when discussing privacy
   considerations within their work.

   Note: This document is discussed at
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-privacy

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01.txt