Subject: I-D Action: draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:48:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Traffic Engineering Database (TED) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Olivier Dugeon
                          Julien Meuric
                          Richard Douville
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
	Filename        : draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
   set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
   Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE and GMPLS LSP tunnels placement.
   In the PCE architecture, a main assumption has been done concerning
   the information that the PCE needs to perform its computation: the
   Traffic Engineering Database (TED) contains all pertinent and
   suitable information regarding the network that is in the scope of a
   PCE.  Nevertheless, the TED requirements as well as the TED
   information have not yet been formalized.  In addition, some recent
   RFC (like the Backward Recursive Path Computation procedure) or WG
   draft (like draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy ...) suffer from a lack of
   information in the TED, leading to a non optimal result or to some
   difficulties to deploy them.  This memo tries to identity some TED
   requirements for the PCE.  It is split in two main section: the
   identification of the specific information to be stored in the TED
   and how it may be populated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-01.txt