Subject: I-D Action: draft-cbcs-ccamp-sson-guard-bands-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 00:59:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Guard Bands requirements for GMPLS controlled optical networks
	Author(s)       : Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Giulio Bottari
                          Nicola Sambo
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Ramos Casellas
	Filename        : draft-cbcs-ccamp-sson-guard-bands-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   The continuous increase of flexibility and bit rate in optical
   networks has higher and higher impacts on inter-channel effects (e.g.
   Cross-phase modulations).  This effect leads to the introduction of
   Guard Bands between adjacent light paths in order to reduce the
   inter-channel detrimental effects.

   This document provides requirements for the devolpment of protocol
   extensions to support Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
   (GMPLS) and Path Computation Element (PCE) management of Guard Bands.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cbcs-ccamp-sson-guard-bands-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cbcs-ccamp-sson-guard-bands-reqs-00.txt