Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:24:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6bed4: Peer-to-Peer IPv6 on Any Internetwork
	Author(s)       : Rick van Rein
	Filename        : draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-03-11

   The intention of 6bed4 is to support IPv6-only applications, even on
   IPv4-only networks.  A specific area of concern is that of peer-to-
   peer protocols such as SIP or document exchange during a chat
   session.  Such protocols are designed to run in any environment,
   which means that they cannot rely on IPv6 for themselves, or their
   peers.  The 6bed4 tunnel mechanism ensures that IPv6 can be assumed
   on all peers, without a need to configure it explicitly.

   The 6bed4 mechanism is meant as a fallback mechanism for IPv6
   connectivity on networks that do not support it natively, by running
   a tunnel over UDP and IPv4.  The IPv4 address is used to support
   traceability of the traffic originator, which means that no user
   account or other configuration is needed.

   The tunnel mechanism builds on existing IPv6 mechanisms; it employs
   Stateless Address Autoconfiguration [RFC4862] to setup an IPv6
   address on a 6bed4 Peer, and Neighbor Discovery [RFC4861] to find the
   most direct route to a remote 6bed4 Peer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanrein-v6ops-6bed4-01.txt