Subject: I-D Action: draft-petithuguenin-vipr-pvp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:01:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) Validation Protocol (PVP)
	Author(s)       : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-petithuguenin-vipr-pvp-04.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   One of the main challenges in inter-domain federation of Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) calls is that many domains continue to
   utilize phone numbers, and not email-style SIP URI.  Consequently, a
   mechanism is needed that enables secure mappings from phone numbers
   to domains.  The main technical challenge in doing this securely is
   to verify that the domain in question truly is the "owner" of the
   phone number.  This specification defines the PSTN Validation
   Protocol (PVP), which can be used by a domain to verify this
   ownership by means of a forward routability check in the PSTN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-vipr-pvp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-vipr-pvp-04.txt