Subject: I-D Action: draft-montenegro-httpbis-speed-mobility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:37:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Speed+Mobility
	Author(s)       : Rob Trace
                          Adalberto Foresti
                          Sandeep Singhal
                          Osama Mazahir
                          Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
                          Brian Raymor
                          Ravi Rao
                          Gabriel Montenegro
	Filename        : draft-montenegro-httpbis-speed-mobility-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-03-28

   The design of HTTP--how every application and service on the web
   communicates today--can positively impact user experience,
   operational and environmental costs, and even the battery life of the
   devices you carry around.

   Improving HTTP starts with speed.  Apps--not just browsers--should
   get faster too.  More and more, apps are how people access web
   services, in addition to their browser.  Improving HTTP should also
   make mobile better, particularly to ensure great battery life and low
   network cost on constrained devices.  People and their apps should
   stay in control of network access.  Finally, to achieve rapid
   adoption, HTTP 2.0 needs to retain as much compatibility as possible
   with the existing Web infrastructure.  Done right, HTTP 2.0 can help
   people connect their devices and applications to the Internet fast,
   reliably, and securely over a number of diverse networks, with great
   battery life and low cost.

   This document describes "HTTP Speed+Mobility," a proposal for HTTP
   2.0 that emphasizes performance improvements and security while at
   the same time accounting for the important needs of mobile devices
   and applications.  The proposal starts from both the Google SPDY
   protocol and the work the IETF has done around WebSockets.  The
   proposal is not a final product but rather is intended to form a
   baseline for working group discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montenegro-httpbis-speed-mobility-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montenegro-httpbis-speed-mobility-01.txt