Subject: I-D Action: draft-ramalho-g7110-segments-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 07:20:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : G.711.0 Compression Segments
	Author(s)       : Michael A. Ramalho
                          Dan Wing
                          Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal
                          Noboru Harada
                          Hadriel Kaplan
	Filename        : draft-ramalho-g7110-segments-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-02-29

   This document describes use cases for ITU-T Recommendation G.711.0
   compression of ITU-T Recommendation G.711 payloads when deployed in
   transport system segments using the Real-Time Transport Protocol
   (RTP).

   ITU-T Rec. G.711.0 defines a lossless and stateless compression for
   G.711 packet payloads typically used in IP networks.  Although the
   use of ITU-T Rec. G.711.0 can be negotiated end-to-end, being
   lossless and stateless it can also be applied as a compression
   mechanism "in-the-middle" of an end-to-end ITU-T G.711 negotiated
   session.  These "in-the-middle" applications of ITU-T Rec. G.711.0
   are called "G.711.0 Compression Segments" in this document.

   This document outlines considerations and best practices (a.k.a. use
   cases) for these "G.711.0 compression segments".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-g7110-segments-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-g7110-segments-00.txt