Subject: I-D Action: draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 00:49:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Route Flap Damping Deployment Status Survey
	Author(s)       : Shishio Tsuchiya
                          Seiichi Kawamura
                          Randy Bush
                          Cristel Pelsser
	Filename        : draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   BGP Route Flap Damping [RFC2439] is a mechanism that targets route
   stability.  It penalyzes routes that flap with the aim of reducing
   CPU load on the routers.

   But it has side-effects.  Thus, in 2006, RIPE recommended not to use
   Route Flap Damping (see [RIPE-378]).

   Now, some researchers propose to turn RFD, with less aggressive
   parameters, back on [draft-ymbk-rfd-usable].

   This document describes results of a survey conducted amoung service
   provider on their use of BGP Route Flap Damping.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-04.txt