Subject: I-D Action: draft-naito-nat-resource-optimizing-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:27:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT resource optimizing extension
	Author(s)       : Kengo Naito
                          Arifumi Matsumoto
	Filename        : draft-naito-nat-resource-optimizing-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-03-26

   When network address translation (NAT) is used in an address resource
   restricted environment, or when a lot of users are located under a
   NAT device, IP addresses and port resources may be eaten up, and this
   affects user experiences very negatively.  This situation can be
   greatly mitigated by tweaking mapping behavior and session timer
   handling in NAT functions.  This document proposes two extensions for
   optimizing NAT IP address and port resources in address resource
   restricted environments.  One extension enables simultaneous use of a
   NAT external port for different transport sessions, and the other
   makes use of a TCP timestamp for TIME_WAIT assassination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-naito-nat-resource-optimizing-extension-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-naito-nat-resource-optimizing-extension-01.txt