Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:22:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans Stokking
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
                          Kevin Gross
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-03-09

   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for Inter-Destination
   Media Synchronization (IDMS).  The RTCP XR Block Type, registered
   with IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media
   playout information from participants in a group playing-out
   (watching, listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream.  The RTCP
   packet type specified by this document is used to distribute a common
   target playout point to which all the distributed receivers, sharing
   a media experience, can synchronize.

   Typical use cases in which IDMS is usefull are social TV, shared
   service control (i.e. applications where two or more geographically
   separated users are watching a media stream together), distance
   learning, networked video walls, networked loudspeakers, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-03.txt