Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:23:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Route Leaks -- Proposed Solutions
	Author(s)       : Brian Dickson
                          Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   The Border Gateway Protocol, version 4, (BGP4) provides the means to
   advertise reachability for IP prefixes.  This reachability
   information is propagated in a peer-to-peer topology.  Sometimes
   routes are announced to peers for which the local peering policy does
   not permit.  And sometimes routes are propagated indiscriminantly,
   once they have been accepted.

   This document considers the situations that can lead to routes being
   leaked, and tries to find acceptable definitions for describing these
   scenarios.

   The purpose of these definitions is to facilitate discussion on what
   a route leak is, and what the scope of the problem space for route
   leaks is.  This, in turn, is intended to inform a requirements
   document for detection of (and prevention of) route leaks.  And
   finally, the definitions and requirements are intended to allow
   proposed solutions which meet these criteria, and to facilitate
   evaluation of proposed solutions.

   The fundamental objective is to "solve the route leaks problem".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt