Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-reqts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:32:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Route Leaks -- Requirements for Detection and Prevention thereof
	Author(s)       : Brian Dickson
                          Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-reqts-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   The Border Gateway Protocol, version 4, (BGP4) provides the means to
   advertise reachability for IP prefixes.  This reachability
   information is propagated in a peer-to-peer topology.  Sometimes
   routes are announced to peers for which the local peering policy does
   not permit.  And sometimes routes are propagated indiscriminantly,
   once they have been accepted.

   This document is a requirements document for detection of (and
   prevention of) route leaks.

   Together with the definitions document, it is intended to suggest
   solutions which meet these criteria, and to facilitate evaluation of
   proposed solutions.

   The fundamental objective is to "solve the route leaks problem".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-reqts-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-reqts-01.txt