Subject: I-D Action: draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:41:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NETCONF over WebSocket
	Author(s)       : Tomoyuki Iijima
                          Hiroyasu Kimura
                          Yoshifumi Atarashi
                          Hidemitsu Higuchi
	Filename        : draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   This memo proposes a way of transporting NETCONF over WebSocket
   protocol.  Web-based applications are increasing with the advancement
   of Web technologies and emergence of cloud computing.  Management
   systems that support browser-based interface are getting common.
   It's natural to expect network devices to have browser-based
   managemaent interface.  Currently, however, few network management
   protocols support the transportation over HTTP.  Although
   NETCONF[RFC6241] was defined to be sent over SOAP/HTTPS[RFC4743], it
   can not realize notification mechanism[RFC5277] over SOAP/HTTPS since
   HTTP lacks bi-directional capabilty.  But now, WebSocket protocol,
   the update of HTTP with bi-directional capability, is
   available[RFC6455].  This memo describes the way NETCONF is sent over
   WebSocket protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-02.txt