Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 08:09:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simple Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Mathieu Cunche
                          Jerome Lacan
                          Amine Bouabdallah
                          Kazuhisa Matsuzono
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-03-08

   This document describes a fully-specified simple FEC scheme for Reed-
   Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with 2 <= m <= 16, that can be used to
   protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by the
   FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes belong to the class of
   Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal
   protection against packet erasures.  They are also systematic codes,
   which means that the source symbols are part of the encoding symbols.
   The price to pay is a limit on the maximum source block size, on the
   maximum number of encoding symbols, and a computational complexity
   higher than that of LDPC codes for instance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-simple-rs-03.txt