Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 17:03:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL: The ESADI Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-03-10

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops. TRILL
   supports the multi-pathing of both unicast and multicast traffic.
   TRILL accomplishes this by using the IS-IS (Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System) link state routing protocol and encapsulating
   traffic using a header that includes a hop count.

   The ESADI (End System Address Distribution Information) protocol is a
   VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way that RBridge can
   communicate end station addresses to each other.  An RBridge
   announcing VLAN-x connectivity (normally a VLAN-x forwarder) and
   running the TRILL ESADI protocol can receive remote address
   information and/or transmit local address information for VLAN-x to
   other such RBridges.  This document updates RFC 6325, particularly
   the documentation of the ESADI protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-02.txt