Subject: I-D Action: draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:02:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Multicast DNS
	Author(s)       : Kerry Lynn
                          Don Sturek
	Filename        : draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   Multicast DNS (mDNS) provides the ability to perform DNS-like
   operations on the local link in the absence of any conventional
   unicast DNS server.  Extended mDNS (xmDNS) extends the specification
   of mDNS to site-local scope in order to support multi-hop LANs that
   forward multicast packets but do not provide a unicast DNS service.

   Like mDNS, xmDNS designates a portion of the DNS namespace to apply
   to the site-local network and specifies rules for its use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-00.txt