Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 06:42:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiple Interfaces Security Requirements for Offload
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Carl Williams
	Filename        : draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-03-01

   Current Radio Access Network (RAN) infrastructure will not be able to
   deal with the next future traffic increase.  As such traffic is being
   offloaded on alternate networks like WLAN.  Contrary to RAN, WLAN MAY
   not be trusted networks, so the End User has to secure offloaded
   communications.  Current offload architectures consist in tunneling
   the End User traffic to a Security Gateway.  Alternatively, ISPs MAY
   provide End-to-End security and connect directly the End User to the
   Server.  Because WLAN network are not managed by ISPs, WLAN Access
   Points MAY not be reliable making End User willing to benefit from
   multiple connections.

   This draft presents the Security Requirements for an offloaded End
   User with multiple interfaces.  From the Security Requirements, the
   draft explains why IPsec is the most appropriated security protocol,
   and points the Multihoming feature current IKEv2 Extension MOBIKE are
   lacking.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-00.txt