Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 11:38:12 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Rate Control
    Author(s)     : E. Noel, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control
    Pages         : 12 
    Date          : Feb. 16, 2012 
    
   The prevalent use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] in
   Next Generation Networks necessitates that SIP networks provide
   adequate control mechanisms to maintain transaction throughput by
   preventing congestion collapse during traffic overloads. Already
   [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-07] proposes a loss-based solution
   to remedy known vulnerabilities of the [RFC3261] SIP 503 (service
   unavailable) overload control mechanism. This document proposes a
   rate-based control solution to complement the loss-based control
   defined in [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-07].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.