Subject: I-D Action: draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:58:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Power Based Topologies and Shortest Power Paths in OSPF
	Author(s)       : Shankar Raman
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Gaurav Raina
                          Vasan Srini
	Filename        : draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-25

   In a Interior Gateway Protocol like OSPF (Open Shortest Path First)
   the computation of the shortest path tree to all destinations is
   computed for an area say a backbone or a non-backbone area. With
   importance given to the reduction of power within a network it
   becomes important to provide a solution that reduces the power
   consumed amongst routers and links that make up the network (in this
   case an area or a collection of areas including the backbone and non-
   backbone areas). This proposal aims at providing such a solution by
   producing a power topology of the area / areas. This power topology
   is constructed by assigning metrics to links based on the power
   consumed by the linecards (and hence their respective ports in an
   indirect way) of adjacent routers that are interconnected by each
   such link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mjsraman-rtgwg-ospf-power-topo-00.txt