Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:16:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for 4rd
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-03-09

   This memo specifies 4rd technology's multicast component so that IPv4
   hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4 servers over an IPv6
   network.  In 4rd Translation Multicast solution, IGMP messages are
   translated into MLD messages at the CE router which is IGMP/MLD Proxy
   and sent to the network in IPv6. 4rd Border Relay does the reverse
   translation and joins IPv4 multicast group for 4rd hosts.  Border
   Relay as multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates
   the packet into IPv6 multicast data using 4rd-U and sends downstream
   on the multicast tree.  Member CEs receive multicast data, translate
   it back to IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.  In AMT based
   encapsulation solution, AMT Gateway at the 4rd Customer Edge router
   uses AMT protocol to establish a tunnel interface with AMT Relay at
   the 4rd Border Relay and this tunnel is used to exchange IGMP
   messages to establish multicast state at AMT Relay so that AMT Relay
   can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts connected to AMT
   Gateway.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-02.txt