Subject: I-D Action: draft-perez-abfab-kerberos-preauth-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 14:36:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Options for Abfab-based Kerberos pre-authentication
	Author(s)       : Alejandro Perez
                          Josh Howlett
	Filename        : draft-perez-abfab-kerberos-preauth-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   Kerberos is widely used for authentication within organisations.  It
   is not, however, commonly used for authentication between domains or
   realms ("cross-realm operation").  Abfab is a new architecture, based
   on the AAA framework, that provides a mechanism for federating
   authentication between realms.

   AAA protocols are already widely used for federating authentication
   for network access scenarios today.  It has been proposed that Abfab
   could be used to provide a mechanism yielding cross-realm
   functionality for Kerberos.  This document discusses two alternative
   approaches with the aim of informing and facilitating discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perez-abfab-kerberos-preauth-options-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perez-abfab-kerberos-preauth-options-00.txt