Subject: I-D Action: draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 03:29:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)       : Hiroshi Kitamura
                          Shingo Ata
	Filename        : draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-03-07

   This document discusses notion and actual mechanisms of
   Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6 Addresses. With this mechanism,
   all IPv6 addresses (even if they are link-local scoped addresses)
   can obtain their own Names, and it will be able to use Names
   anywhere instead of IPv6 Addresses.

   IPv6 address is too long and complicated to remember, and it is
   very nuisance to type a literal IPv6 address manually as an
   argument of applications. Also, it is very difficult for human
   beings to tell which IPv6 address is set to which actual IPv6 node.
   In this sense, literal IPv6 address information can be called
   meaningless information for human beings.

   In order to solve above problems and to make the information
   meaningful, mechanisms called Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6
   addresses is introduced. They will become human friendly
   information. By applying a simple naming rule to the Auto Names
   (e.g., use the same Auto Name Prefix for IPv6 addresses that are
   set to the same interface (node)), this will contribute to help
   people to understand which IPv6 address / Name indicates which
   actual IPv6 node and provide meaningful information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-01.txt