Subject: I-D Action: draft-bellovin-hpw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:04:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hashed Password Exchange
	Author(s)       : S.M. Bellovin
	Filename        : draft-bellovin-hpw-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-03-11

   Many systems (e.g., cryptographic protocols relying on symmetric
   cryptography) require that plaintext passwords be stored.  Given how
   often people reuse passwords on different systems, this poses a very
   serious risk if a single machine is compromised.  We propose a scheme
   to derive passwords limited to a single machine from a typed
   password, and explain how a protocol definition can specify this
   scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-hpw-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-hpw-01.txt