Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-abfab-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:49:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond Web (ABFAB) Architecture
	Author(s)       : Josh Howlett
                          Sam Hartman
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-abfab-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-03-10

   Over the last decade a substantial amount of work has occurred in the
   space of federated access management.  Most of this effort has
   focused on two use-cases: network and web-based access.  However, the
   solutions to these use-cases that have been proposed and deployed
   tend to have few common building blocks in common.

   This memo describes an architecture that makes use of extensions to
   the commonly used security mechanisms for both federated and non-
   federated access management, including the Remote Authentication Dial
   In User Service (RADIUS) and the Diameter protocol, the Generic
   Security Service (GSS), the GS2 family, the Extensible Authentication
   Protocol (EAP) and the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
   The architecture addresses the problem of federated access management
   to primarily non-web-based services, in a manner that will scale to
   large numbers of identity providers, relying parties, and
   federations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-abfab-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-abfab-arch-01.txt