Subject: I-D Action: draft-margaria-ccamp-label-set-ero-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:05:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Expressing Label Set in ERO
	Author(s)       : Cyril Margaria
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
	Filename        : draft-margaria-ccamp-label-set-ero-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   The paths chosen by Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE)
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) can be constrained using the Explicit
   Route (ERO) object and related sub-objects.  Standard ERO sub-objects
   can specify the Autonomous System (AS), LSR Node Ids, Numbered or
   unnumbered TE links, downstream and upstream labels, and PCE path
   keys thus restricting which resources are to be used by a TE-LSP.

   The Explicit Label Control (ELC) in the explicit route object (ERO)
   allows both terminating an LSP on a particular outgoing port and
   label of an egress node, as well as restricting which label to use on
   any hop along the path determined by the route.  However, currently,
   its not allowed to specify more than 2 labels (downstream and
   upstream label), and it is not possible to specify, for a given
   section or segment of a TE-LSP path, a set of labels to restrict
   which label to be allocated from a Set of candidate labels.

   This memo provides extensions to the RSVP-TE and PCEP protocols to
   support Label Sets in the form of ERO sub-objects, being applicable
   to ERO and ERO-like (IRO, RRO, XRO) sub-objects, extending the ELC
   concept to a set of candidate labels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-margaria-ccamp-label-set-ero-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-margaria-ccamp-label-set-ero-00.txt