Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 07:21:27 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         :  A framework for Management and Control of G.698.2 optical interface parameters
    Author(s)     : R. Kunze, et al
    Filename      : draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework
    Pages         : 23 
    Date          : July 1, 2011 
    
   This document provides a framework that describes a solution space
   for the control and management of optical interfaces parameters
   according to the Black Link approach as specified by ITU-T [ITU
   G.698.2].  In particular, it examines topological elements and
   related network management processes to operate this construct.  This
   framework is scoped to address the Optical Channel (OCh)-layer
   covered by G.698.2.  The focus is on enabling the wavelength
   provisioning process in a black link approach irrespective on how it
   is triggered i.e. by EMS, NMS or GMPLS.  This document covers
   management as well as control plane considerations in different
   management cases of a single channel DWDM interface as defined by
   ITU-G.698.2.  The purpose is to identify the necessary information
   elements and processes to be used by control or management devices
   for further processing.  Hence wavelength routing and selection
   processes as defined e.g. in WSON are beyond the scope of this
   document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-g-698-2-management-control-framework

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.