Subject: I-D Action: draft-cao-open-sec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 01:38:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Architecture of Open Security Capability
	Author(s)       : Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Judy Zhu
	Filename        : draft-cao-open-sec-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   This position paper introduces an architecture of opening the
   operator's security capability to third party smart object
   applications.  With this architecture, the authentication, integrity
   and encryption capabilities can be wrapped up as Application
   Programming Interfaces and provided to third party application
   developers.  So the third party applications do not have to spare
   energy on these basic security functionalities.  As a consequence,
   the barrier for new applications is lowered, and it avoids the need
   of providing security by multiple applications and hence saves the
   computing and communication resources on constrained nodes.

   Note: This document is submitted for the IAB Workshop on Smart Object
   Security on March 23, 2012, Paris.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-open-sec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-open-sec-00.txt