Subject: I-D Action: draft-contreras-multimob-rams-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:30:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6 multicast handover optimization by the Request of Active Multicast Subscription (RAMS)
	Author(s)       : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Ignacio Soto
	Filename        : draft-contreras-multimob-rams-04.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document specifies a multicast handover optimization mechanism
   for Proxy Mobile IPv6 to accelerate the delivery of multicast traffic
   to mobile nodes after handovers. The mechanism is based on speeding
   up the acquisition of mobile nodes' active multicast subscriptions
   information by the mobile access gateways. To do that, extensions to
   the current Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol are proposed. These extensions
   are not only applicable to the base solution for multicast support in
   Proxy Mobile IPv6, but also can be applied to other solutions
   envisioned as possible architectural evolutions of it. Furthermore,
   they are also independent of the role played by the mobile access
   gateway within the multicast network (either acting as multicast
   listener discovery proxy or multicast router).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-contreras-multimob-rams-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-contreras-multimob-rams-04.txt