Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-decade-subscription-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:29:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Data Streaming Subscription in DECADE
	Author(s)       : Hongqiang Liu
	Filename        : draft-liu-decade-subscription-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document describes a potential performance issue in DECADE to
   support real-time applications.  It shows the current content hashing
   based naming scheme might harm the performance when the content data
   is generated in real time and low propagation latency of the data is
   required.  This draft propose a new naming scheme and protocol,
   subscribe/unsubscribe, for real-time applications to address the
   problem caused by content hashing.  DECADE clients use subscribe/
   unsubscribe to express their interests to receive data streaming.
   DECADE servers pro-actively push stream data to eligible clients,
   which saves the time consumed on exchanging the hashing of new
   generated data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-decade-subscription-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-decade-subscription-01.txt