Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:28:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Scheme for Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) Programme Resources
	Author(s)       : Mo McRoberts
                          Alexander Adolf
	Filename        : draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-08.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-03-26

   Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) schemes for broadcasting programme
   resources transmitted over MPEG-2 Transport Streams [MPEG-Systems]
   have been devised in their process of creating standards by the
   Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB), the Association of Radio
   Industries and Businesses in Japan (ARIB) and the OpenCable
   Application Platform (OCAP) to acquire current and future scheduled
   publications of broadcast media content from multimedia applications
   such as HTTP, MHP [DVB-MHP], OCAP [OCAP1.0] or other XML based
   metadata.

   These URI are used to locate the actual digital TV, Radio or other
   multimedia broadcast programme services (i.e., channels or events)
   and also the audio-visual components related to that programme, for
   example an HTTP-based programme guide on the Web or other XML-based
   electronic programme guides in digital broadcast receivers.

   This document defines the "dvb" URI scheme for the benefit of the
   Internet community, given its definition as part of the Digital Video
   Broadcasting (DVB) suite of ETSI standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcroberts-uri-dvb-08.txt