Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:54:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Deprecating the X- Prefix and Similar Constructs in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          D. Crocker
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Historically, designers and implementers of application protocols
   have often distinguished between "standard" and "non-standard"
   parameters by prefixing the names of "non-standard" parameters with
   the string "X-" or similar constructs.  In practice, that convention
   causes more problems than it solves.  Therefore, this document
   deprecates the convention for the names of newly-defined textual
   parameters in application protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash-04.txt