Subject: I-D Action: draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:15:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Traffic Engineering Database (TED) Requirements
	Author(s)       : Olivier Dugeon
                          Julien Meuric
	Filename        : draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-03-05

   During the past 4 years, Path Computation Element (PCE) WG has
   produced a set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path
   Computation Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE LSP tunnels placement.
   In the PCE architecture, a main assumption has been done concerning
   the information that the PCE needs to perform its computation: the
   Traffic Engineering Database (TED) contains all pertinent and
   suitable information regarding the networks that is in the scope of a
   PCE.  Nevertheless, requirements and inventory of TED information
   have not been formalized.  In addition, some recent RFC (like BRPC
   RFC 5441) or WG draft (like draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy ...) suffer from
   a lack of information coming from the TED resulting to a non optimal
   result or some difficulties to deploy them.  This memo tries to
   identity all TED requirements for the PCE as well as provides some
   helps to operators to fulfill the PCE TED.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-00.txt