Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:33:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Overview of HIP Proxy Scenarios and Solutions
	Author(s)       : Dacheng Zhang
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Jiankang Yao
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-03-08

   A Host Identity Protocol (HIP) proxy is a host that holds the keying
   material, and participates in HIP-based communications, on behalf of
   one or more hosts.

   HIP proxies play an important role in the transition from the current
   Internet architecture to the HIP architecture.  A core objective of a
   HIP proxy is to facilitate the communication between legacy (or Non-
   HIP) hosts and HIP hosts while not modifying the host protocol
   stacks.  In this document, the legacy hosts served by proxies are
   referred to as Legacy Hosts (LHs).  Currently, various design
   solutions of HIP proxies have been proposed.  These solutions may be
   applicable in different working circumstances.  In this document,
   these solutions are investigated in detail to compare their
   effectiveness in different scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hiprg-proxies-05.txt