Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-scim-core-schema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:50:14 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Simple Cloud Identity Management: Core Schema 1.0
    Author(s)     : C. Mortimore, et al
    Filename      : draft-scim-core-schema
    Pages         : 40 
    Date          : March 15, 2012 
    
   The Simple Cloud Identity Management (SCIM) specification is designed
   to make managing user identity in cloud based applications and
   services easier.  The specification suite builds upon experience with
   existing schemas and deployments, placing specific emphasis on
   simplicity of development and integration, while applying existing
   authentication, authorization, and privacy models.  Its intent is to
   reduce the cost and complexity of user management operations by
   providing a common user schema and extension model, as well as
   binding documents to provide patterns for exchanging this schema
   using standard protocols.  In essence, make it fast, cheap, and easy
   to move identity in to, out of, and around the cloud.

   This document provides a platform neutral schema and extension model
   for representing users and groups in JSON and XML formats.  This
   schema is intended for exchange and use with cloud service providers.
   Additional binding documents provide a standard REST API, SAML
   binding, and use cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scim-core-schema

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.