Subject: I-D Action: draft-carrozzo-pce-pcep-route-price-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 00:06:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCEP extensions for the computation of route offers with price
	Author(s)       : Gino Carrozzo
                          Giacomo Bernini
                          Giada Landi
	Filename        : draft-carrozzo-pce-pcep-route-price-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   The PCE defined in RFC4655 is a functional entity generally confined
   in the control plane to elaborate explicit optimal routes with
   related costs to be installed as [G]MPLS tunnels/LSPs.  The resulting
   route cost(s)/metric(s) are Traffic Engineering indicators used by
   the network administrator (carrier) to optimize the usage of its
   network resources.

   In this document a framework for the usage of PCE in cooperation with
   the Network Service and Business Plane (NSBP) is proposed, along with
   related PCEP extensions.  The NSBP invokes this extended PCE (service
   PCE) to trigger the computation of network service offers with
   related price information.  The price of a network connectivity
   service generally depends on strategic factors, but it could also be
   influenced by the amount of mobilized network resources (along the
   route), the ingress/egress interfaces/PoPs, etc.  Therefore, it could
   be provided by an extended service-PCE as an additional route
   information.

   This document focuses on the extensions to the PCEP protocol in
   support of the computation of route prices for intra- and inter-
   domain network connectivity services.  Mechanisms for elaborating and
   retrieving price information in the PCE are vendor-specific and out
   of the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carrozzo-pce-pcep-route-price-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carrozzo-pce-pcep-route-price-00.txt