Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:29:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP Extension for Third-party Loss Report
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Frank Xia
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-04-13

   In a large RTP session using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) feedback
   mechanism defined in RFC 4585, a feedback target may experience
   transient overload if some event causes a large number of receivers
   to send feedback at once.  This overload is usually avoided by
   ensuring that feedback reports are forwarded to all receivers,
   allowing them to avoid sending duplicate feedback reports.  However,
   there are cases where it is not recommended to forward feedback
   reports, and this may allow feedback implosion.  This memo discusses
   these cases and defines a new RTCP third-party loss report that can
   be used to inform receivers that the feedback target is aware of some
   loss event, allowing them to suppress feedback.  Associated SDP
   signaling is also defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-17.txt