Subject: I-D Action: draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 07:09:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Ring Protection Switching (MRPS)
	Author(s)       : Huub van Helvoort
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
	Filename        : draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-02.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2012-04-07

   This document describes a mechanism to address the requirements for
   protection of the Multi-Protocol Label Switching Transport Profile
   (MPLS-TP) Label Switched Paths (LSP) in a ring topology.  The
   mechanism defined herein is designed to support point-to-point as
   well as point-to-multipoint LSPs.

   The MPLS-TP section layer OAM is used to monitor the connectivity
   between each two adjacent nodes using the mechanisms defined in the
   [RFC6371].

   The Automatic Protection Switching (APS) protocol is used for
   coordination of protection switching actions between the ring nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-ring-protection-switching-02.txt