Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:55:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resolution of The SPF/Sender-ID Experiment
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-04-19

   In 2006 the IETF published a suite of protocol documents comprising
   SPF and Sender-ID, two proposed email authentication protocols.
   Because of possible interoperability issues, particularly but not
   only those created by simultaneous use of the two protocols by a
   receiver, the IESG was unable to determine technical consensus and
   decided it was best to publish all of RFC4405, RFC4406, RFC4407 and
   RFC4408 as Experimental documents.  The IESG invited the community to
   observe their deployments for a period of time, and expressed hope
   for later convergence of opinion.

   After six years, sufficient experience and evidence have been
   collected that the experiment thus created can be considered
   concluded, and a single protocol can be advanced.  This document
   presents those findings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-05.txt