Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:51:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Post-delivery Message Downgrading for Internationalized Email Messages
	Author(s)       : Kazunori Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-04-13

   The Email Address Internationalization (SMTPUTF8) extension allows
   UTF-8 characters in mail header fields.  Upgraded POP and IMAP
   servers support internationalized Email messages.  If a POP/IMAP
   client does not support Email Address Internationalization, POP/IMAP
   servers cannot send Internationalized Email Headers to the client and
   cannot remove the message.  To avoid the situation, this document
   describes a conversion mechanism for internationalized Email messages
   to be in traditional message format.  In the process, message
   elements requiring internationalized treatment are recoded or removed
   and receivers are able to know that they received messages containing
   such elements even if they cannot treat the internationalized
   elements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eai-popimap-downgrade-05.txt