Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-cmt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:59:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT)for TRILL
	Author(s)       : Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Jon Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-cmt-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-04-17

   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non TRILL legacy
   networks via choice of an Appointed Forwarder for set of VLANs.
   Appointed Forwarder provides VLAN level load sharing with active-
   standby model. Mission critical operations such as High Performance
   Data Centers require active-active load sharing model. Active-Active
   load sharing model can be accomplished by representing any given non
   TRILL legacy network with a single virtual RBridge. Virtual
   representation of the non-TRILL legacy network with a single RBridge
   poses serious challenges in multi-destination RPF calculations. This
   document presents the required enhancements to build Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF
   issues. CMT provides flexibility to RBridges to select desired path
   of association to a given distribution tree.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-00.txt