Subject: I-D Action: draft-despres-6a44-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 02:21:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Native IPv6 Behind NAT44 CPEs (6a44)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Dan Wing
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-despres-6a44-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2012-04-23

   In customer sites having IPv4-only CPEs, Teredo provides a last
   resort IPv6 connectivity [RFC4380] [RFC5991] [RFC6081].  However,
   because it is designed to work without involvement of Internet
   service providers, it has significant limitations (connectivity
   between IPv6 native addresses and Teredo addresses is uncertain;
   connectivity between Teredo addresses fails for some combinations of
   NAT types). 6a44 is a complementary solution that, being base on ISP
   cooperation, avoids these limitations. 6a44 uses specific prefixes
   assigned by local ISPs (rather than the anycast address used by
   Teredo, an evolution similar to that from 6to4 to 6rd).  The
   specification is complete enough for actual deployment, including
   with independently written codes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-6a44-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-6a44-01.txt