Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:05:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL: The ESADI Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-04-11

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies. TRILL supports the multi-pathing of both unicast
   and multicast traffic. Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called RBridges (Routing Bridges) or TRILL Switches.

   The ESADI (End System Address Distribution Information) protocol is a
   VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way that TRILL switches can
   communicate end station addresses to each other.  An RBridge
   announcing VLAN-x connectivity (normally a VLAN-x appointed
   forwarder) and running the TRILL ESADI protocol can receive remote
   address information and/or transmit local address information for
   VLAN-x to other such RBridges.  This document updates RFC 6325,
   specifically the documentation of the ESADI protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-rbridge-esadi-04.txt