Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-v6-multihome-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:26:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multihoming with IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6)
	Author(s)       : Ron Bonica
                          Fred Baker
                          Margaret Wasserman
                          Gregory J. Miller
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-bonica-v6-multihome-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-04-13

   RFC 6296 introduces IPv6-to-IPv6 Network Prefix Translation (NPTv6).
   By deploying NPTv6, a site can achieve addressing independence
   without contributing to excessive routing table growth.  Section 2.4
   of RFC 6296 proposes an NPTv6 architecture for sites that are homed
   to multiple upstream providers.  By deploying the proposed
   architecture, a multihomed site can achieve access redundancy and
   load balancing, in addition to addressing independence.

   This memo proposes an alternative NPTv6 architecture for hosts that
   are homed to multiple upstream providers.  The architecture described
   herein provides transport-layer survivability, in addition to the
   benefits mentioned above.  In order to provide transport-layer
   survivability, the architecture described herein requires a small
   amount of additional configuration.

   This memo updates RFC 6296.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonica-v6-multihome-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonica-v6-multihome-03.txt