Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-v6ops-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:47:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Proxy in IPv6/IPv4 Transition
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Dujuan Gu
                          Yu Fu
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-jiang-v6ops-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-04-26

   During the long co-existing period of IPv6 and IPv4, the
   interoperation between IPv6 network and IPv4 network is essential.
   Multicast services across IPv6 and IPv4 networks are also needed.
   Besides the packet-based multicast translation mechanism, this
   document describes a multicast proxy solution. The solution is a
   multicast deployment for transition scenario. It does not propose
   any new protocol or protocol modification/extension for multicast.
   The multicast proxy is deployed at the border of IPv6/IPv4 networks.
   It is mainly based on content
   cache. Without packet-based translation, it acquires the content data
   from IPvX network, caches the data, and multicasts the data in IPvY
   network. It acts as a multicast leaf in the IPvX network where the
   data source locates while acting as a multicast source in IPvY
   network where the multicast client locates.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-v6ops-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-v6ops-v4v6mc-proxy-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-v6ops-v4v6mc-proxy/