Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:15:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE)
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-04-09

   Many Internet applications have a need for object-based security
   mechanisms in addition to security mechanisms at the network layer or
   transport layer.  In the past, the Cryptographic Message Syntax has
   provided a binary secure object format based on ASN.1.  Over time,
   the use of binary object encodings such as ASN.1 has been overtaken
   by text-based encodings, for example JavaScript Object Notation.
   This document defines a set of use cases and requirements for a
   secure object format encoded using JavaScript Object Notation, drawn
   from a variety of application security mechanisms currently in
   development.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-jose-use-cases-00.txt