Subject: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:21:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Reasons for Selecting a Single Solution for MPLS-TP OAM
	Author(s)       : Nurit Sprecher
                          Kyung-Yeop Hong
	Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-04-30

   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of the MPLS
   technology for use in transport network deployments.  The work on
   MPLS-TP has extended the MPLS technology with additional
   architectural elements and functions that can be used in any MPLS
   deployment.  MPLS-TP is a set of functions and features selected from
   the extended MPLS toolset and applied in a consistent way to meet the
   needs and requirements of operators of packet transport networks.

   During the process of development of the profile, additions to the
   MPLS toolset have been made to ensure that the tools available met
   the requirements.  These additions were motivated by MPLS-TP, but
   form part of the wider MPLS toolset such that any of them could be
   used in any MPLS deployment.

   One major set of additions provides enhanced support for Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM).  This enables fault management
   and performance monitoring to the level needed in a transport
   network.  Many solutions and protocol extensions have been proposed
   to address the requirements for MPLS-TP OAM, and this document sets
   out the reasons for selecting a single, coherent set of solutions for
   standardization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations-03.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-considerations/