Subject: I-D Action: draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:54:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Experiences with RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Thomas Clausen
                          Axel Colin de Verdiere
                          Jiazi Yi
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Yuichi Igarashi
	Filename        : draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-04-16

   With RPL - the "IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-power Lossy Networks" -
   having been published as a Proposed Standard after a ~2-year
   development cycle, this document presents an evaluation of the
   resulting protocol, of its applicability, and of its limits.  The
   documents presents a selection of observations of the protocol
   characteristics, exposes experiences acquired when producing various
   prototype implementations of RPL, and presents results obtained from
   testing this protocol - by way of network simulations, in network
   testbeds and in deployments.  The document aims at providing a better
   understanding of possible weaknesses and limits of RPL, notably the
   possible directions that further protocol developments should
   explore, in order to address these.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-03.txt