Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-6lowpan-scheduling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 01:31:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transmission Scheduling of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.15.4 Networks-- - Extension for Industrial Application Space
	Author(s)       : Heng Wang
                          Ping Wang
                          Chao Zhou
	Filename        : draft-wang-6lowpan-scheduling-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-04-20

   These years, wireless technologies, including the application of
   6LoWPAN protocol, are more and more been applied in industrial
   environment to improve productivity and safety of the plants. In
   spite of the fact that [RFC4944] has introduced the methods of
   transmitting IPv6 packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks, industrial
   automation field, either process automation or factory automation,
   has its special characteristics and requirements. If 6LoWPAN is been
   used in industrial environment, some change SHOULD be made in the
   adaption layer. This document defines a Scheduling Header, to make
   the adaption layer meet the requirements of industrial scheduling for
   transmission of IPv6 packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks.
   Additionally, this document also provides an application example of
   Scheduling Header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-6lowpan-scheduling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-6lowpan-scheduling-00.txt