Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:45:07 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Profile for TCP/IP (ROHC-TCP)
    Author(s)     : G. Pelletier, et al
    Filename      : draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis
    Pages         : 95 
    Date          : May 16, 2012 
    
   This document specifies a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile
   for compression of TCP/IP packets.  The profile, called ROHC-TCP,
   provides efficient and robust compression of TCP headers, including
   frequently used TCP options such as SACK (Selective Acknowledgments)
   and Timestamps.

   ROHC-TCP works well when used over links with significant error rates
   and long round-trip times.  For many bandwidth-limited links where
   header compression is essential, such characteristics are common.

   This specification obsoletes [RFC4996].  It fixes a technical issue
   with the SACK compression and clarifies other compression methods
   used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sandlund-rfc4996bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.