Subject: I-D Action: draft-raza-mpls-ldp-olf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:35:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LDP Outbound Label Bindings Filtering
	Author(s)       : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-raza-mpls-ldp-olf-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-05-01

   The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) allows one Label Switching
   Router (LSR) to advertise to another a set of "bindings" between
   MPLS labels and "Forwarding Equivalence Classes" (FECs).  Suppose
   LSR2 is advertising a set of label bindings to LSR1.  Frequently,
   LSR1 does not need to know all of LSR2's label bindings, and LSR1
   may be configured to disregard bindings in which it has no interest.
   This document defines an "Outbound Label Bindings Filtering" (OLF)
   mechanism that allows LSR1 to inform LSR2 dynamically of the set of
   FECs for which it needs to receive label bindings.  LSR2 then
   applies this filter before sending its label bindings to LSR1. In
   addition to the generic aspects of this mechanism, this document
   also specifies the format for the outbound label binding filter for
   the "Address Prefix FEC" type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raza-mpls-ldp-olf-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raza-mpls-ldp-olf-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raza-mpls-ldp-olf/