Subject: I-D Action: draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 00:19:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advanced Groupware Access Protocol
	Author(s)       : Iulian Radu
	Filename        : draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-05.txt
	Pages           : 101
	Date            : 2012-05-15

   The Advanced Groupware Access Protocol, (AGAP) allows a client to
   access and store electronic mail messages, contacts, events, files,
   and configurations on a server.  The electronic mail messages can be
   grouped in folders.  AGAP also provides the capability for an offline
   client to resynchronize with the server.

   AGAP does not specify a means of posting electronic mail messages;
   this function is handled by a mail transfer protocol such as SMTP
   [RFC2821].  It also does not specify a means for exchanging messages
   with contacts that are reported as being online; this function is
   handled by an instant messaging protocol such as XMPP [RFC3921].

   AGAP includes the following operations for electronic mail messages:
   creating, deleting, renaming, moving and coping mail folders;
   checking for new messages; permanently removing messages; moving and
   coping messages between folders; fetching information about a
   message; setting and clearing tags for messages; searching in
   messages; retrieving only a part of a message; marking messages as
   SPAM; deleting attachments from a message.

   AGAP includes the following operations to manipulate the contacts:
   creating, deleting, moving, coping, tagging, and searching contacts;
   checking if a contact is online; fetching information about a
   contact.

   AGAP includes the following operations related to the use of the
   events: creating, deleting, moving, coping and tagging events in
   calendar; fetching events details; searching for events.

   All entries are read and written in format XML encoded UTF-8
   [RFC3629] and each entry is identified by a unique alphanumeric
   identifier.

   AGAP is designed to support access only to a single server per
   connection.  It is also designed to balance the volume of text
   exchanged between the server and clients and its readability by
   humans for debugging.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-05.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol/