Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 04:36:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) for Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
	Author(s)       : Carlos Pignataro
                          Rajiv Asati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-07.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-05-29

   The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM) describes a generalized
   use of a packet's Time to Live (TTL) (IPv4) or Hop Limit (IPv6) to
   verify that the packet was sourced by a node on a connected link,
   thereby protecting the router's IP control-plane from CPU utilization
   based attacks.  This technique improves security and is used by many
   protocols.  This document defines the GTSM use for the Label
   Distribution Protocol (LDP).

   This specification uses a bit reserved in RFC 5036 and therefore
   updates RFC 5036.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm-07.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-gtsm/