Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-savi-pisl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:48:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prevent IP Spoofing Based On Link State Database (pisl)
	Author(s)       : Jun Bi
                          Baobao Zhang
                          Bingyang Liu
                          Fred Baker
	Filename        : draft-bi-savi-pisl-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-05-30

   The Internet is suffering from severe DoS and DDoS attacks, and IP
   spoofing is one common used method to do DoS and DDoS attacks.  IP
   spoofing refers to that attackers send packets with forged source IP
   addresses.  In this memo, we propose one new approach of preventing
   IP spoofing, which we name PISL.  The PISL-enabled router generates
   the incoming table for source addresses using link state database,
   which exists in two most widely used intra-domain protocols:  OSPF
   and IS-IS.  In this memo, we only describe PISL in the OSPF
   environment.  The PISL-enabled router determines that a packet is
   spoofed if the packet arrives at an invalid incoming interface.  PISL
   only uses the existing information and does not impose new control
   messages, so it is easy to be deployed.  We have conducted simple
   simulation, which shows the high effectiveness of PISL:  even if PISL
   is only deployed in 10% of all OSPF routers in a network, 80%~99% of
   spoofing cases in the network can be detected.

   Requirements

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-savi-pisl-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-savi-pisl-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-pisl/