Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 19:44:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Monitoring Architecture for RTP
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Geoff Hunt
                          Philip Arden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-13.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-05-01

   This memo proposes an architecture for extending RTP Control Protocol
   (RTCP) with a new RTCP Extended Reports (XR) (RFC3611) block type to
   report new metrics regarding media transmission or reception quality,
   following RTCP guideline established in RFC5968.  This memo suggests
   that a new block should contain a single metric or a small number of
   metrics relevant to a single parameter of interest or concern, rather
   than containing a number of metrics which attempt to provide full
   coverage of all those parameters of concern to a specific
   application.  Applications may then "mix and match" to create a set
   of blocks which covers their set of concerns.  Where possible, a
   specific block should be designed to be re-usable across more than
   one application, for example, for all of voice, streaming audio and
   video.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-13.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch/