Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-secure-the-web-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 14:54:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Inquiry into the Nature and the Causes of Web Insecurity
	Author(s)       : Mike Hanson
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-secure-the-web-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-05-09

   The year 2011 has been quite exciting from a Web security point of
   view: a number of high-profile security incidents have gotten a lot
   of press attention but also new initiatives, such as the National
   Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC), had been
   launched to improve the Web identity eco-system.  The NSTIC strategy
   paper, for example, observes problems with Internet security due to
   the widespread usage of low-entropy passwords and the lack of widely
   deployed authentication and attribute assurance services.

   With this memorandum we try to develop a shared vision for how to
   deal with the most pressing Internet security problems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-secure-the-web-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-secure-the-web-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-secure-the-web/