Subject: I-D Action: draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:07:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for the use of whitelists for email senders transmitting email over IPv6
	Author(s)       : Terry Zink
	Filename        : draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-05-23

   This document contains a plan for how providers of email services
   can manage one aspect of the problem of email abuse over IPv6.
   Spammers can send mail from a very large range of IPv6 addresses,
   and this will make current antispam blocklisting technology less
   effective.  This is because email receivers will have to maintain
   excessively large lists of IP blocklists which either consume too
   many resources, or will become stale and therefore ineffective as
   spammers quickly discard one IP address and move onto the next one.

   This document recommends that during the transition of email from
   IPv4 to IPv6, email receivers implement a whitelisting option where
   they only allow email from permitted senders over IPv6 and reject
   email from everyone else sending email over IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist/