Subject: I-D Action: draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:25:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Inter-domain SLA Exchange
	Author(s)       : Shitanshu Shah
                          Keyur Patel
                          Sandeep Bajaj
	Filename        : draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-05-29

   Network administrators typically provision QoS policies for their
   application traffic (such as voice, video etc) based on SLAs with
   their providers and translating those SLAs to vendor specific
   provisioning language.  Both learning of SLA, either thru SLA
   documents or via some other out of band method, and translating them
   to vendor specific provisioning language is a complex, many times
   manual, process and prone to errors.  This draft proposes an in-band
   method of SLA signaling which can help to simplify some of the
   complexities.  An optional transitive BGP attribute proposed in this
   document intends to signal SLA details in-band, across administrative
   boundaries (considered as Autonomous Systems (AS)), and thus
   simplify/speed-up some of the complex tasks.

   Though the use-case with the proposed attribute is explicitly defined
   in this document, purpose of this attribute is not limited to this
   use-case only.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange/