Subject: I-D Action: draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:17:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reverse DNS Naming Convention for CIDR Address Blocks
	Author(s)       : Joe Gersch
                          Dan Massey
                          Eric Osterweil
	Filename        : draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-05-02

   The reverse DNS naming method is used to specify a complete IP
   address.  At present there is no standard way for the reverse DNS to
   handle address ranges.  As an example, there is no formal mechanism
   to define a reverse DNS name for the block of addresses specified by
   the IPv4 prefix 129.82.0.0/16.  Defining such a reverse DNS naming
   convention would be useful for a number of applications.  This draft
   proposes a naming convention for encoding CIDR address blocks into
   the reverse DNS namespace.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr/