Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 13:54:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Asserting Administrative Boundaries of Origin Using DNS Zones
	Author(s)       : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-04

   Some clients on the Internet make inferences about the administrative
   relationships among servers on the Internet based on the domain names
   of those servers.  Examples include decisions about acceptance of
   cookies and about cross-document information sharing in ECMAScript
   DOM.  Perhaps unfortunately, real administrative boundaries in the
   DNS are not possible to detect, and therefore these inferences can go
   wrong in several ways.  Mitigation strategies deployed so far will
   not scale.  The solution to this is to provide a way to make an
   explicit assertion about the relationships between different domain
   names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert/