Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:34:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop
	Author(s)       : Jun Bi
                          Bingyang Liu
	Filename        : draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-05-23

   IETF Source Address Validation Improvements (SAVI) working group is
   chartered for source address validation within the first hop from the
   end hosts, i.e. preventing a node from spoofing the IP source address
   of another node in the same IP link.  However, since SAVI requires
   the edge routers or switches to be upgraded, the deployment of SAVI
   will need a long time.  During this transition period, some
   techniques for source address validation beyond the first hop
   (SAVI-BF) may be needed to complement SAVI.  In the document, we
   analyze the problems of the current SAVI-BF technique, and discuss
   the directions we can explore to improve SAVI-BF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-problem/