Subject: I-D Action: draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:36:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6rd Tunnel MTU
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-05-18

   The 6rd tunnel MTU is currently recommended to be set to 1480.  This
   is to avoid IPv4 fragmentation within the tunnel, but requires the
   6rd tunnel ingress interface to drop any IPv6 packet larger than 1480
   bytes and return an ICMPv6 Packet Too Big (PTB) message.  Concerns
   for operational issues with both IPv4 and IPv6 Path MTU Discovery
   point to the possibility of MTU-related black holes when a packet is
   dropped due to an MTU restriction, so dropping packets is considered
   highly undesirable.  Fortunately, the "Internet cell size" is 1500
   bytes, i.e., the minimum MTU configured by the vast majority of links
   in the Internet.  This document therefore presents a method to boost
   the 6rd MTU to 1500 bytes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu/