Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 01:42:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Ben Niven-Jenkins
                          Francois Le Faucheur
                          Nabil Bitar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement-06.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2012-05-19

   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) provide numerous benefits: reduced
   delivery cost for cacheable content, improved quality of experience
   for End Users and increased robustness of delivery.  For these
   reasons they are frequently used for large-scale content delivery.
   As a result, existing CDN Providers are scaling up their
   infrastructure and many Network Service Providers (NSPs) are
   deploying their own CDNs.  It is generally desirable that a given
   content item can be delivered to an End User regardless of that End
   User's location or attachment network.  This is the motivation for
   interconnecting standalone CDNs so they can interoperate as an open
   content delivery infrastructure for the end-to-end delivery of
   content from Content Service Providers (CSPs) to End Users.  However,
   no standards or open specifications currently exist to facilitate
   such CDN interconnection.

   The goal of this document is to outline the problem area of CDN
   interconnection for the IETF CDNI (CDN Interconnection) working
   group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement-06.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-problem-statement/