Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 01:19:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake 3rd
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-15

   At the edg of TRILL campus, some RBridges provide end-station
   services to their attached end stations, these RBridges are called
   edge RBridges.  To avoid potential frame duplication or loops in
   TRILL campus, only one edge RBridge is permitted to provide end-
   station services in a VLAN x at all times for its attached end
   stations.  However, in some application scenarios, for example in
   Link Aggregation Group (LAG), more than one edge RBridge is required
   to provide end-station services to an end stations even in a VLAN,
   which causes the flip-flopping of the egress RBridge nickname for
   such an end node in remote RBridges' forwarding tables if nothing to
   do.  In this document, the concept of Virtual RBridge, along with its
   pseudo-nickname, is introduced to fix the above problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname/