Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 03:13:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Discovery of IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis
	Author(s)       : Teemu Savolainen
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-05-24

   This document describes a method for detecting presence of DNS64 and
   for learning IPv6 prefix used for protocol translation on an access
   network.  The method depends on existence of a well-known IPv4-only
   domain name "ipv4only.arpa".  The information learned enables nodes
   to perform local IPv6 address synthesis and to potentially avoid
   traversal through NAT64 on dual-stack accesses and multi-interface
   deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-09.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic/