Subject: I-D Action: draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:57:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for the use of whitelists for email senders transmitting email over IPv6
	Author(s)       : Terry Zink
	Filename        : draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-05-11

   This document contains a plan for how providers of email services
   can manage the problem of email abuse over IPv6. Spammers can
   send mail from a very large range of IPv6 addresses, and this will
   make current antispam technology less effective.  This is because
   email receivers will have to maintain excessively large lists
   of IP blocklists which either consume too many resources, or will
   become stale and therefore ineffective as spammers quickly
   discard one IP and move onto the next one.  This document recommends
   that during the interim  transition of email from IPv4 to IPv6,
   email receivers implement a whitelisting option where they only
   allow email from permitted senders over IPv6 and reject mail
   from everyone else sending email over IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tzink-ipv6mail-whitelist/