Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 07:23:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A general SAVI-based source address validation and traceback framework for 4over6 transition scenarios
	Author(s)       : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-05-08

   Many proposals have been presented for preventing IP spoofing from
   occurring in network. An outstanding of them is the SAVI (Source
   Address Validation Improvement) proposal which was advocated by IETF
   SAVI workgroup for solving this problem from user access switch. SAVI
   Working Group is developing standardize mechanisms that prevent nodes
   attached to the same IP link from spoofing each other's IP addresses,
   and achieve IP source address validation at a finer granularity.
   However, up to now, to the best of our knowledge, none of them has
   focused on the scenarios of 4over6 transition, that is, IPv4 packets
   transit IPv6 network and arrive at other edge IPv4 network(s). With
   the boom of IPv6 networks, this issue becomes more and more urgent.
   In addition, since 4over6 plans are plenty and various, one solution
   cannot meet all requirements of these plans. This document describes
   a framework of IP source address validation and traceback for 4over6
   transition scenarios, which extract out the essential and mutual
   properties from these plans and form corresponding sub-solution for
   each property. When one 4over6 plan is combined by some of them, the
   solution of IP source address validation and traceback for this plan
   are directly comprised of the combination of corresponding sub-
   solution. Thus, the most exciting advantage of this framework is that
   it is a once for all solution no matter how 4over6 plans changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-savi-transition-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-savi-transition-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition/