Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 20:28:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Issues with multiple stateful DHCPv6 options
	Author(s)       : Ole Troan
                          Bernie Volz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-05-06

   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) was not written
   with the expectation that additional stateful DHCPv6 options would be
   developed.  IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP) version 6 shoe-horned the new options for Prefix
   Delegation into DHCPv6.  Implementation experience of the CPE model
   described in has shown multiple issues with the DHCPv6 protocol in
   supporting multiple stateful options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/