Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:08:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Omniscient AS112 Servers
	Author(s)       : Warren Kumari
                          William F. Maton Sotomayor
                          Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-30

   The AS112 Project loosely coordinates Domain Name System (DNS)
   servers to which DNS zones corresponding to private use addresses are
   delegated.  Queries for names within those zones have no useful
   responses in a global context.  The purpose of the project is to
   reduce the load of such junk queries on the authoritative name
   servers that would otherwise receive them, directing the load instead
   to name servers operated within the AS112 project.

   Adding and dropping zones from the AS112 servers is difficult, due to
   the loosely-coordinated nature of the project.  This document
   proposes a mechanism by which AS112 name servers could answer
   authoritatively for all possible zones, reducing the add/drop problem
   to one of delegation within the DNS without operational impact on the
   servers themselves.

   This document updates RFC 6304.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112/