Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-roll-flow-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 01:03:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use of the IPv6 Flow Label within an LLN
	Author(s)       : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-thubert-roll-flow-label-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-05-04

   In a Low Power Lossy Network, the traditional tuple of source,
   destination and ports might not be the proper indication to isolate a
   meaningful flow.  For instance, it can be a requirement for the
   aggregation of related measurements from multiple sources to be
   treated as a single flow following a same path in order to experience
   similar jitter and latency.  In that case, the Flow Label in packets
   outgoing a RPL domain could and sometimes should be set by the root
   of the RPL structure.  It derives that the Flow Label could be reused
   inside the RPL domain.  This document present how the Flow Label can
   be used inside a LLN as a replacement to the RPL option and provides
   rules for the root to set and reset the Flow Label when forwarding
   between the inside of RPL domain and the larger Internet, in both
   direction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-roll-flow-label-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thubert-roll-flow-label-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-roll-flow-label/