Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcmurry-dime-overload-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:40:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter Overload Control Requirements
	Author(s)       : Eric McMurry
                          Ben Campbell
	Filename        : draft-mcmurry-dime-overload-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-05-17

   When a Diameter server or agent becomes overloaded, it needs to be
   able to gracefully reduce its load, typically by informing clients to
   reduce sending traffic for some period of time.  Otherwise, it must
   continue to expend resources parsing and responding to Diameter
   messages, possibly resulting in congestion collapse.  The existing
   mechanisms provided by Diameter are not sufficient for this purpose.
   This document describes the limitations of the existing mechanisms,
   and provides requirements for new overload management mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcmurry-dime-overload-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcmurry-dime-overload-reqs-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcmurry-dime-overload-reqs/