Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 07:15:08 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Systematic Rate-independent Reed-Solomon (SR-RS) Erasure Correction Scheme
    Author(s)     : B. Shen, et al
    Filename      : draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode
    Pages         : 18 
    Date          : May 17, 2012 
    
   This document specifies a systematic rate-independent Reed-Solomon 
   (SR-RS) Erasure correction scheme. The two properties, systematic 
   and  rate-independent,  are  fulfilled  by  Lagrange  polynomial 
   interpolation. When the number of output symbols is fixed this 
   scheme essentially generates a Reed-Solomon (RS) code. Therefore, 
   based on the MDS (maximum distance separable) property of RS code, 
   this erasure correction scheme is optimal (ideal). Also in this 
   document, a two-step fast recovering (decoding) algorithm using fast 
   Walsh-Hadamard  transform  is  presented  for  the  proposed  erasure 
   correction  scheme.  This  algorithm  achieves  the  time  complexity 
   O(n*log2(n)), or linear if  penalization implementation, such as 
   multi-core processor, is allowed. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.