Subject: I-D Action: draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:52:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Non-Normative Synonyms in RFCs
	Author(s)       : Tony Hansen
                          D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-02.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2012-05-16

   Specifications in RFCs contain normative keywords, as defined in RFC
   2119, to signify requirements, permission or prohibitions.  These
   include MUST, SHOULD and MAY, which are commonly recorded in all
   CAPITALS (but need not be). The words are sometimes also intended
   with non-normative meaning; this different usage can be confusing.
   Happily there are adequate alternatives for non-normative meanings.
   For such situations, this document provides some alternatives to the
   normative vocabulary of RFC 2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119/