Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 08:47:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Probabilistic Routing Protocol for Intermittently Connected Networks
	Author(s)       : Anders F. Lindgren
                          Avri Doria
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Samo Grasic
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-10.txt
	Pages           : 122
	Date            : 2012-05-22

   This document is a product of the Delay Tolerant Networking Research
   Group and has been reviewed by that group.  No objections to its
   publication as an RFC were raised.

   This document defines PRoPHET, a Probabilistic Routing Protocol using
   History of Encounters and Transitivity.  PRoPHET is a variant of the
   epidemic routing protocol for intermittently connected networks that
   operates by pruning the epidemic distribution tree to minimize
   resource usage while still attempting to achieve the best case
   routing capabilities of epidemic routing.  It is intended for use in
   sparse mesh networks where there is no guarantee that a fully
   connected path between source and destination exists at any time,
   rendering traditional routing protocols unable to deliver messages
   between hosts.  These networks are examples of networks where there
   is a disparity between the latency requirements of applications and
   the capabilities of the underlying network (networks often referred
   to as Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant).  The document presents an
   architectural overview followed by the protocol specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet-10.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-prophet/