Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:26:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting Against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-17

   This document specifies a mechanism for protecting hosts connected to
   a broadcast network against rogue DHCPv6 servers.  The aforementioned
   mechanism is based on DHCPv6 packet-filtering at the layer-2 device
   on which the packets are received.  The aforementioned mechanism has
   been widely deployed in IPv4 networks ('DHCP snooping'), and hence it
   is desirable that similar functionality be provided for IPv6
   networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield/