Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:54:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Loop-free convergence using oFIB
	Author(s)       : Mike Shand
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Pierre Francois
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-06-10

   This document describes a mechanism for use in conjunction with link
   state routing protocols which prevents the transient loops which
   would otherwise occur during topology changes.  It does this by
   correctly sequencing the FIB updates on the routers.

   This mechanism can be used in the case of non-urgent link or node
   shutdowns and restarts or link metric changes.  It can also be used
   in conjunction with a fast re-route mechanism which converts a sudden
   link or node failure into a non-urgent topology change.  This is
   possible where a complete repair path is provided for all affected
   destinations.

   After a non-urgent topology change, each router computes a rank that
   defines the time at which it can safely update its FIB.  A method for
   accelerating this loop-free convergence process by the use of
   completion messages is also described.

   The technology described in this document has been subject to
   extensive simulation using real network topologies and costs, and
   pathological convergence behaviour.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib-06.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ordered-fib/