Subject: I-D Action: draft-safruti-httpbis-connection-reuse-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:02:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Connection Reuse for Multiple Hostnames and for Fast Redirect
	Author(s)       : Ido Safruti
	Filename        : draft-safruti-httpbis-connection-reuse-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-06-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a suggested enhancement to HTTP, in which a
   user-agent and a server can use a single connection to exchange
   requests/responses for multiple requested hostnames for which the
   server is authorized to serve.  This enhancement suggests that user-
   agents will prefer to re-use an existing connection if it can be used
   to other hosts, and presents methods for a server to announce hosts
   that are served by it, as well as a mechanism for the user-agent to
   validate that the server is indeed trusted to serve this hosts.

   This is highly relevant when the server is actually a surrogate (like
   in a case of a CDN server), or in multi-hosts hosting environments,
   where the same server serves multiple hostnames/domains and can
   improve performance by the reuse of established and already optimized
   connections.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-safruti-httpbis-connection-reuse

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-safruti-httpbis-connection-reuse-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-safruti-httpbis-connection-reuse-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/