Subject: I-D Action: draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 03:30:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Authentication Extensions for Interactive Clients
	Author(s)       : Yutaka Oiwa
                          Hajime Watanabe
                          Hiromitsu Takagi
                          Boku Kihara
                          Tatsuya Hayashi
                          Yuichi Ioku
	Filename        : draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-06-04

   This document specifies a few extensions of HTTP authentication
   framework for interactive clients.  Recently, fundamental features of
   HTTP-level authentication is not enough for complex requirements of
   various Web-based applications.  This makes these applications to
   implement their own authentication frameworks using HTML Forms and
   other means, which becomes one of the hurdles against introducing
   secure authentication mechanisms handled jointly by servers and user-
   agent clients.  The extended framework fills gaps between Web
   application requirements and HTTP authentication provisions to solve
   the above problems, while maintaining compatibility against existing
   Web and non-Web uses of HTTP authentications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oiwa-http-auth-extension/