Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 02:45:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updating TCP to support Variable-Rate Traffic
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Arjuna Sathiaseelan
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-06-06

   This document addresses issues that arise when TCP is used to support
   variable-rate traffic that exhibits periods where the transmission
   rate is limited by the application rather than the congestion window.
   It updates TCP to allow a TCP sender to restart quickly following
   either an idle or application-limited interval.  The method is
   expected to benefit variable-rate TCP applications, while also
   providing an appropriate response if congestion is experienced.

   It also evaluates TCP Congestion Window Validation, CWV, an IETF
   experimental specification defined in RFC 2861, and concludes that
   CWV sought to address important issues, but failed to deliver a
   widely used solution.  This document therefore recommends that the
   IETF should consider moving RFC 2861 from Experimental to Historic
   status, and that this is replaced by the current specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-03.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv/