Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:00:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA)
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-06-13

Abstract:
   This memo proposes a way of using origin-bound certificates for HTTP
   authentication, called HOBA.  HOBA is an HTTP authentication method
   with credentials that are not vulnerable to simple phishing attacks,
   and that does not require a server-side password database, both major
   potential positives, if deployed.  HOBA can be integrated with
   account management and other applications running over HTTP and
   supports portability, so a user can associate more than one device or
   origin-bound certificate with the same service.  This also provides a
   mechanism to handle state-loss, if one of a user's credentials is
   lost.  HOBA also provides a logout mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-httpbis-hoba-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/