Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 20:31:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Principles for Unicode Code Point Inclusion in Labels in the DNS Root
	Author(s)       : Andrew Sullivan
                          Dave Thaler
                          Olaf Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-06-05

   Traditionally, the management of the DNS root zone permitted only
   "alphabetic" labels.  As long as the root zone included only ASCII
   characters, and as long as there was only one form of a label, the
   restriction plainly meant that only the letters A-Z and a-z were
   permitted.  The advent of internationalized labels using IDNA2008
   presents some complications for the restriction.  One of the
   complications is the meaning of the term "alphabetic" when applied to
   the Unicode code points in U-labels.  This memo presents a set of
   principles that can be used to determine whether a Unicode code point
   may be wisely included in the repertoire of permissible code points
   in a U-label in a zone.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sullivan-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sullivan-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-dns-zone-codepoint-pples/