Subject: I-D Action: draft-nygren-httpbis-connection-redirect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:35:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Method for suggestion Alternative Servers to Enhance Connection Level Performance
	Author(s)       : Erik Nygren
                          Stephen Ludin
                          Matt Levine
                          Andy Champagne
	Filename        : draft-nygren-httpbis-connection-redirect-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-06-15

Abstract:
   This memo presents a method for allowing an HTTP server to provide
   hints in its HTTP responses to a user-agent that indicate the user
   could be better off connecting to a different IP than what they are
   currently connected to.  This is highly relevant in a multi-homed
   server world where DNS may not have all of the relevant state
   necessary to make a proper routing decision.  Additionally it is done
   in a manner that does not require application level changes as could
   be the case for an application level redirect such as a 3xx response

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nygren-httpbis-connection-redirect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-httpbis-connection-redirect-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/