Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-decade-ni-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:57:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Naming Things with Hashes
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
                          Dirk Kutscher
                          Christian Dannewitz
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Ari Keranen
                          Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-farrell-decade-ni-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-06-22

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of ways to identify a thing (a digital
   object in this case) using the output from a hash function,
   specifying a new URI scheme for this, a way to map those to http
   URLs, and binary and human "speakable" formats for these names.  The
   various formats are designed to support, but not require, a strong
   link to the referenced object such that the referenced object may be
   authenticated to the same degree as the reference to it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-decade-ni

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-decade-ni-08

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrell-decade-ni-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/