Subject: I-D Action: draft-msparks-template-star-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:50:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service synchronisation for Television And Related devices -- STAR
	Author(s)       : Michael Sparks
	Filename        : draft-msparks-template-star-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:
   Service synchronisation for Television And Related devices (STAR) is
   a suite of application level protocols to enable network connected
   devices to correlate events on a broadcast system with events outside
   that broadcast system.  It is a generic suite of protocols, that
   enables playback of content retrieved from over a network such that
   it is synchronised to a broadcast source.  It also enables
   correlation of non-broadcast events (such as conversations) to
   broadcast events.

   Key features of STAR include: 1) The broadcast system does not
   require modification 2) It is designed to work with restricted
   clients limited to stream connections - such as web browsers 3) It is
   content agnostic.

   This specification describes the research implementation as it stands
   today, and is published as a starting point for further discussion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-msparks-template-star

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-msparks-template-star-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/