Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-extension-recs-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:19:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Design Considerations for Protocol Extensions
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Bernard Aboba
                          Stuart Cheshire
	Filename        : draft-iab-extension-recs-16.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2012-06-26

Abstract:
   This document discusses architectural issues related to the
   extensibility of Internet protocols, with a focus on design
   considerations.  It is intended to assist designers of both base
   protocols and extensions.  Case studies are included.  A companion
   document, RFC 4775/BCP 125, discusses procedures relating to the
   extensibility of IETF protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-extension-recs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-extension-recs-16

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-extension-recs-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/