Subject: I-D Action: draft-despres-6a44-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:11:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Native IPv6 Behind NAT44 CPEs (6a44)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Dan Wing
                          Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-despres-6a44-02.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-06-22

Abstract:
   In customer sites having IPv4-only CPEs, Teredo provides a last
   resort IPv6 connectivity [RFC4380] [RFC5991] [RFC6081].  However,
   because it is designed to work without involvement of Internet
   service providers, it has significant limitations (connectivity
   between IPv6 native addresses and Teredo addresses is uncertain;
   connectivity between Teredo addresses fails for some combinations of
   NAT types). 6a44 is a complementary solution that, being base on ISP
   cooperation, avoids these limitations.  At the beginning of IPv6
   addresses, it replaces the Teredo well-known prefix by network
   specific /48 prefixes assigned by local ISP's (an evolution similar
   to that from 6to4 to 6rd).  The specification is complete enough for
   actual deployment, including with independently written codes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-despres-6a44

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-despres-6a44-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-despres-6a44-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/