Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-esadi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:58:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-esadi-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-06-25

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies. TRILL supports for multi-pathing of both unicast
   and multicast traffic. Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called RBridges (Routing Bridges) or TRILL Switches.

   The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) protocol is
   a VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way that TRILL switches
   can communicate end station addresses to each other.  An RBridge
   announcing VLAN-x connectivity (normally a VLAN-x appointed
   forwarder) and running the TRILL ESADI protocol can receive remote
   address information and/or transmit local address information for
   VLAN-x to other such RBridges.  This document updates RFC 6325,
   specifically the documentation of the ESADI protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-esadi-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/