Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:39:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Networking Architecture for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Tim Chown
                          Jari Arkko
                          Anders Brandt
                          Ole Troan
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-arch-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-06-29

Abstract:
   This text describes evolving networking technology within
   increasingly large residential home networks.  The goal of this
   document is to define the architecture for IPv6-based home networking
   through the associated principles, considerations and requirements.
   The text briefly highlights the implications of the introduction of
   IPv6 for home networking, discusses topology scenarios, and suggests
   how standard IPv6 mechanisms and addressing can be employed in home
   networking.  The architecture describes the need for specific
   protocol extensions for certain additional functionality.  It is
   assumed that the IPv6 home network is not actively managed, and runs
   as an IPv6-only or dual-stack network.  There are no recommendations
   in this text for the IPv4 part of the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-arch-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/