Subject: I-D Action: draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 07:33:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Fast Re-Route with Fast Notification
	Author(s)       : Andras Csaszar
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          John Sucec
                          Subir Das
	Filename        : draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2012-06-06

   This document describes the benefits and main applications of sending
   explicit fast notification (FN) packets to routers in an area. FN
   packets are generated and processed in the dataplane, and a single FN
   service can substitute existing OAM methods for remote failure
   detection, such as a full mesh of multi-hop BFD session. The FN
   service, therefore, decreases network overhead considerable. The main
   application is fast reroute in pure IP and in IP/LDP-MPLS networks
   called IPFRR-FN. The detour paths used when IPFRR-FN is active are in
   most cases identical to those used after Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) convergence. The proposed mechanism can address all single
   link, node, and SRLG failures in an area; moreover it is an efficient
   solution to protect against BGP ASBR failures as well as VPN PE
   router failures. IPFRR-FN can be a supplemental tool to provide FRR
   when LFA cannot repair a failure case, while it can be a replacement
   of existing ASBR/PE protection mechanisms by overcoming their
   scalability and complexity issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn-03.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-csaszar-ipfrr-fn/