Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:42:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol to Access White Space database: PS, use cases and rqmts
	Author(s)       : Scott Probasco
                          Basavaraj Patil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2012-06-21

Abstract:
   Portions of the radio spectrum that are assigned to a particular use
   but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and times are
   defined as "white space".  The concept of allowing additional
   transmissions (which may or may not be licensed) in white space is a
   technique to "unlock" existing spectrum for new use.  An obvious
   requirement is that these additional transmissions do not interfere
   with the assigned use of the spectrum.  One approach to using the
   white space spectrum at a given time and location is to verify with a
   database for available channels.

   This document describes a number of possible use cases of white space
   spectrum and technology as well as a set of requirements for the
   database query protocol.  The concept of TV white spaces is described
   including the problems that need to be addressed to enable white
   space spectrum for additional uses without causing interference to
   currently assigned use.  Use of white space is enabled by querying a
   database which stores information about the channel availability at
   any given location and time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/