Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 13:43:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Discard Prefix for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Nick Hilliard
                          David Freedman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-05.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-06-09

   Remote triggered black hole filtering describes a method of
   mitigating the effects of denial-of-service attacks by selectively
   discarding traffic based on source or destination address.  Remote
   triggered black hole routing describes a method of selectively re-
   routing traffic into a sinkhole router (for further analysis) based
   on destination address.  This document updates the IPv6 Special
   Purpose Address Registry by explaining why a unique IPv6 prefix
   should be formally assigned by IANA for the purpose of facilitating
   IPv6 remote triggered black hole filtering and routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix-05.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix/