Subject: I-D Action: draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 15:15:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Media multiplexing with Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) subsessions
	Author(s)       : Richard Ejzak
	Filename        : draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-06-03

   This document describes a means of multiplexing RTP streams having
   different media types within a single transport connection and how to
   represent this multiplexing option in SDP.  This mechanism is an
   alternative to the BUNDLE and SHIM proposals currently under active
   consideration in AVTCORE.  Instead of adding an extra multiplexing
   header as in SHIM to allow multiple RTP sessions within a single
   transport connection, or using the payload type field to separate
   different media streams within a single RTP session, this document
   describes how to partition the existing SSRC space to create RTP
   subsessions from a single RTP session.  A filter can be used to
   identify each RTP subsession for different QoS handling as necessary.
   RTP subsessions can be treated like RTP sessions with a few
   restrictions.  In particular, SSRC mapping may be needed when
   forwarding RTP streams into an RTP subsession to avoid SSRC
   conflicts, but there are few use cases in which this limitation is a
   concern and RTP subsessions can be disabled if necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions/