Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-csaszar-rtgwg-ipfrr-fn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:05:45 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IP Fast Re-Route with Fast Notification
    Author(s)     : A. Csaszar, et al
    Filename      : draft-csaszar-rtgwg-ipfrr-fn
    Pages         : 39 
    Date          : June 14, 2012 
    
   This document describes the benefits and main applications of sending
   explicit fast notification (FN) packets to routers in an area. FN
   packets are generated and processed in the dataplane, and a single FN
   service can substitute existing OAM methods for remote failure
   detection, such as a full mesh of multi-hop BFD session. The FN
   service, therefore, decreases network overhead considerable. The main
   application is fast reroute in pure IP and in IP/LDP-MPLS networks
   called IPFRR-FN. The detour paths used when IPFRR-FN is active are in
   most cases identical to those used after Interior Gateway Protocol
   (IGP) convergence. The proposed mechanism can address all single
   link, node, and SRLG failures in an area; moreover it is an efficient
   solution to protect against BGP ASBR failures as well as VPN PE
   router failures. IPFRR-FN can be a supplemental tool to provide FRR
   when LFA cannot repair a failure case, while it can be a replacement
   of existing ASBR/PE protection mechanisms by overcoming their
   scalability and complexity issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csaszar-rtgwg-ipfrr-fn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.