Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 23:41:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Use of the RTP Monitoring Framework
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Geoff Hunt
                          Philip Arden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-15.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-06-18

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an extensible RTP monitoring framework for
   extending RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) with a new RTCP Extended
   Reports (XR) (RFC3611) block type to report new metrics regarding
   media transmission or reception quality, following RTCP guidelines
   established in RFC5968.  This memo suggests that a new block should
   contain a single metric or a small number of metrics relevant to a
   single parameter of interest or concern, rather than containing a
   number of metrics which attempt to provide full coverage of all those
   parameters of concern to a specific application.  Applications may
   then "mix and match" to create a set of blocks which covers their set
   of concerns.  Where possible, a specific block should be designed to
   be re-usable across more than one application, for example, for all
   of voice, streaming audio and video.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-15

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/