Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:38:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Information Model for Impaired Optical Path Validation
	Author(s)       : Young Lee
                          Greg Bernstein
                          Moustafa Kattan
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-06-13

Abstract:
   This document provides an information model for the optical
   impairment characteristics of optical network elements for use in
   GMPLS/PCE control plane protocols and mechanisms. This information
   model supports Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment
   (IA-RWA) in optical networks in which path computation and optical
   path validation are essential components. This is not a general
   network management information model.

   This model is based on ITU-T defined optical network element
   characteristics as given in ITU-T recommendation G.680 and related
   specifications. This model is intentionally compatible with a
   previous impairment free optical information model used in optical
   path computations and wavelength assignment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernstein-wson-impairment-info-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/