Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-alto-sdn-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:23:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use Cases for ALTO with Software Defined Networks
	Author(s)       : Haiyong Xie
                          Tina Tsou
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Hongtao Yin
	Filename        : draft-xie-alto-sdn-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:
   The introduction of SDN fundamentally changes the way that the ALTO
   works.  This draft describes the Vertical Architecture and the
   Horizontal Architecture allowing coherent coexistence of application
   layer traffic optimization (ALTO) with software defined network
   (SDN).  Unique requirements for design and operations are identified
   and summarized, suggesting that the Vertical Architecture allows
   better division, management, flexibility, privacy control and long-
   term evolution of the network.  We also define the main interactions
   and information flows, and present a set of use cases to illustrate
   how we extend ALTO to support SDN, in the Vertical Architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-alto-sdn-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-alto-sdn-use-cases-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-alto-sdn-use-cases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/