Subject: I-D Action: draft-gvenkat-sdn-dc-arch-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 18:01:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Orthogonal control network for managing data-centers
	Author(s)       : G. Venkatasubramaniyan
	Filename        : draft-gvenkat-sdn-dc-arch-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-06-03

   This draft describes a distributed Control Element for SDN
   implementations. This document describes various complexities
   associated with data-center management on adoption of new
   technologies in data center networking. While Server vitalization,
   cloud computing have very much increased the networking complexities
   while OpenFlow/SDN gives a different perspective which could provide
   solution.  Network virtualisation is next thing in happening.
   Traditional methods of managing each data-center element are
   increasing management complexities. The key to reduce the management
   complexity, and have automated infrastructure in very highly scaled
   data center network is to have orthogonal management and control
   network to the Data network. A distributed CE yet with a single
   manager orchestrating the networks will give much needed intelligence
   to OF controller.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gvenkat-sdn-dc-arch-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gvenkat-sdn-dc-arch-arch-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gvenkat-sdn-dc-arch-arch/