Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:53:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Implications of the Use of IPv6 Extension Headers with IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-06-13

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security implications of using IPv6
   Extension Headers with Neighbor Discovery (ND) messages.  It updates
   RFC 4861 such that use of the IPv6 Fragmentation Header is forbidden
   in all Neighbor Discovery messages, thus allowing for simple and
   effective counter-measures for Neighbor Discovery attacks.  Finally,
   it discusses the security implications of using IPv6 fragmentation
   with SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND), and provides advice such that
   the aforementioned security implications are mitigated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-nd-extension-headers-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/