Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:59:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Applicability; Use Cases and Design
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Raymond Zhang
                          Masahiro DAIKOKU
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-06-11

Abstract:
   This document provides applicability, use case studies and network
   design considerations for Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport
   profile (MPLS-TP).

   In the recent years, MPLS-TP has emerged as the technology of choice
   for the new generation of packet transport. Many service providers
   (SPs) are working to replace the legacy transport technologies, e.g.
   SONET/SDH, TDM, and ATM technologies, with MPLS-TP for packet
   transport, in order to achieve higher efficiency, lower operational
   cost, while maintaining transport characteristics.

   The use cases for MPLS-TP include Metro Ethernet access and
   aggregation, Mobile backhaul, and packet optical transport. The
   design considerations discussed in this documents ranging from
   operational experience; standards compliance; technology maturity;
   end-to-end forwarding and OAM consistency; compatibility with
   IP/MPLS networks; multi-vendor interoperability; and optimization
   vs. simplicity design trade off discussion. The general design
   principle is to provide reliable, manageable, and scalable transport
   solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-use-cases-and-design-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/