Subject: I-D Action: draft-george-dhc-request-retransmission-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:02:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Request Retransmission
	Author(s)       : Robins George
	Filename        : draft-george-dhc-request-retransmission-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2012-06-24

Abstract:
   The DHCP client sends SOLICIT message to get IP address from the
   server.  If the address pool is empty, all address in the pool have
   allocated to the clients, the server will return error code.
   NoAddrsAvail (server has no address available to assign in the IA).
   Client retransmit the SOLICIT message (section 14 RFC 3315) and may
   get the same response.

   This draft defines a new suboption for the Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP) to identify the retry time to sent next SOLICIT
   message.  Hence, avoid unnecessary retransmit of SOLICIT messages.
   The suboption carries a value that identifies when an address will be
   available in the address pool.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-george-dhc-request-retransmission

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-george-dhc-request-retransmission-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/