Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-vpn4dc-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:47:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP-VPN Data Center Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : Maria Napierala
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Dennis Cai
	Filename        : draft-fang-vpn4dc-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-06-12

Abstract:
   Network Service Providers commonly use BGP/MPLS VPNs [RFC 4364] as
   the control plane for virtual networks. This technology has proven
   to scale to a large number of VPNs and attachment points, and it is
   well suited for Data Center connectivity, especially when
   supporting all IP applications.

   The Data Center environment presents new challenges and imposes
   additional requirements to IP VPN technologies, including multi-
   tenancy support, high scalability, VM mobility, security, and
   orchestration. This document describes the problems and defines the
   new requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-vpn4dc-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fang-vpn4dc-problem-statement-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/