Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:04:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
	Author(s)       : Arno Bakker
                          Riccardo Petrocco
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2012-06-19

Abstract:
   The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a peer-to-peer
   based transport protocol for content dissemination.  It can be used
   for streaming on-demand and live video content, as well as
   conventional downloading.  In PPSPP, the clients consuming the
   content participate in the dissemination by forwarding the content to
   other clients via a mesh-like structure.  It is a generic protocol
   which can run directly on top of UDP, TCP, or as a RTP profile.
   Features of PPSPP are short time-till-playback and extensibility.
   Hence, it can use different mechanisms to prevent freeriding, and
   work with different peer discovery schemes (centralized trackers or
   Distributed Hash Tables).  Depending on the underlying transport
   protocol, PPSPP can also use different congestion control algorithms,
   such as LEDBAT, and offer transparent NAT traversal.  Finally, PPSPP
   maintains only a small amount of state per peer and detects malicious
   modification of content.  This documents describes PPSPP and how it
   satisfies the requirements for the IETF Peer-to-Peer Streaming
   Protocol (PPSP) Working Group's peer protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/