Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-protocol-23.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:36:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol: TLSA
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
                          Jakob Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-protocol-23.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-06-14

Abstract:
   Encrypted communication on the Internet often uses Transport Level
   Security (TLS), which depends on third parties to certify the keys
   used.  This document improves on that situation by enabling the
   administrators of domain names to specify the keys used in that
   domain's TLS servers.  This requires matching improvements in TLS
   client software, but no change in TLS server software.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-protocol-23

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-protocol-23

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/