Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 01:03:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : p2mp pw protection for mpls-tp network
	Author(s)       : Guoman Liu
                          Jinghai Yu
                          Xiaoping Tu
                          Xueqiong Xu
	Filename        : draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-06-25

Abstract:
   According to one protection Requirement in RFC 5654, Requirement 63
   :It MUST be possible to provide protection for the MPLS-TP data plane
   without any IP forwarding capability in the MPLS-TP data plane. and
   it requires mpls-tp date plane should be independent of its control
   plane. so it is necessary for the 1:1 protection of p2mp pw to have a
   return path to coordinate the switch state between root node and each
   leaf node. for the above problem statement, the document provides a
   solution to protect p2mp pw by using one leaf node as protector for
   another leaf node. so it may avoid setting up a return path for each
   leaf node.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Task Force(IETF) /
   International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-pwe3-mpls-tp-p2mp-pw-protection-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/