Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:20:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Principles for Unicode Code Point Inclusion in Labels in the DNS
	Author(s)       : Andrew Sullivan
                          Dave Thaler
                          John C Klensin
                          Olaf Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-06-12

Abstract:
   IDNA makes available to DNS zone administrators a very wide range of
   Unicode code points.  Most operators of zones should probably not
   permit registration of U-labels using the entire range.  This is
   especially true of zones that accept registrations from outside
   parties, including (and most importantly) the root.  It is
   unfortunately not possible to generate algorithms to determine
   whether a code point is intrinsically safe to permit.  This memo
   presents a set of principles that can be used to guide the decision
   of whether a Unicode code point may be wisely included in the
   repertoire of permissible code points in a U-label in a zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/