Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-codec-opus-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:45:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Wideband Audio Codec Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the Opus Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Jean-Marc Valin
                          Koen Vos
                          Timothy B. Terriberry
	Filename        : draft-ietf-codec-opus-16.txt
	Pages           : 330
	Date            : 2012-06-28

Abstract:
   This document defines the Opus interactive speech and audio codec.
   Opus is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
   applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game
   chat, and even live, distributed music performances.  It scales from
   low bitrate narrowband speech at 6 kb/s to very high quality stereo
   music at 510 kb/s.  Opus uses both linear prediction (LP) and the
   Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (MDCT) to achieve good compression
   of both speech and music.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-codec-opus

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-opus-16

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-codec-opus-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/