Subject: I-D Action: draft-jdurand-bgp-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:42:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP operations and security
	Author(s)       : Jerome Durand
                          Ivan Pepelnjak
                          Gert Doering
	Filename        : draft-jdurand-bgp-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-06-19

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is the protocol used in the internet to
   exchange routing information between network domains.  This protocol
   does not directly include mechanisms that control that routes
   exchanged conform to the various rules defined by the Internet
   community.  This document intends to summarize most common existing
   rules and help network administrators applying simply coherent BGP
   policies.  First it recalls mechanisms that administrators can use to
   protect the BGP sessions, with TTL and MD5.  Then the document
   describes the prefix filters that can be used, how some of them can
   be automated, and where they apply in the BGP network.  Afterwards,
   applicability of other methods including BGP route flap dampening,
   limiting maximum prefixes per peering, AS-path filtering and
   community scrubbing is analyzed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jdurand-bgp-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jdurand-bgp-security-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jdurand-bgp-security-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/