Subject: I-D Action: draft-liang-iana-pen-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:31:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Private Enterprise Number (PEN) practices and Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) considerations for registration procedures
	Author(s)       : Pearl Liang
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-liang-iana-pen-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-06-29

Abstract:
   Private Enterprise Numbers (PENs), are assigned as part of the
   technical protocol parameters and are frequently used in the
   management of network connected equipment or software via SNMP-based
   network management systems, LDAP, DIAMETER or GSS-API.  This document
   discusses what a Private Enterprise Number (PEN) is, common uses and
   registration procedures for IANA Considerations.  The registration
   procedures include instructions and requirement for obtaining a new
   Private Enterprise Number, modification to existing numbers and
   removal of existing numbers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liang-iana-pen

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liang-iana-pen-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liang-iana-pen-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/