Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:54:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2012-06-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast protection mechanism for pseudowires
   (PWs) against egress attachment circuit failure, egress PE failure
   (including multi-segment PW terminating PE failure), and multi-
   segment PW switching PE failure.  Designed on the basis of multi-
   homed CE, PW redundancy, upstream label assignment and context
   specific label switching, the mechanism enables local repair to be
   performed by a router adjacent to a failure.  In particular, the
   router can restore PW traffic in the order of tens of milliseconds,
   by transmitting the traffic to a protector through a pre-established
   bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism is usable to reduce the
   packet loss that may happen before any global repair mechanism reacts
   to the failure or routers converge on the topology changes due to the
   failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/