Subject: I-D Action: draft-donley-behave-deterministic-cgn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:02:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Deterministic Address Mapping to Reduce Logging in Carrier Grade NAT Deployments
	Author(s)       : Chris Donley
                          Chris Grundemann
                          Vikas Sarawat
                          Karthik Sundaresan
	Filename        : draft-donley-behave-deterministic-cgn-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-11

Abstract:
   Abuse response in a Carrier Grade NAT environment requires Service
   Providers to be able to map a subscriber's inside address with the
   address used on the public Internet.  Unfortunately, many Carrier
   Grade NAT abuse-response solutions require per-connection logging.
   Research indicates that such logging is not scalable to many
   residential broadband services.  This document suggests a way to
   manage Carrier Grade NAT translations in such a way as to
   significantly reduce the amount of logging required while providing
   traceability for abuse response.  While the authors acknowledge that
   IPv6 is a preferred solution, Carrier Grade NAT is a reality in many
   networks, and is needed in situations where either customer equipment
   or Internet content only supports IPv4; this approach should in no
   way slow the deployment of IPv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-donley-behave-deterministic-cgn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-donley-behave-deterministic-cgn-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-donley-behave-deterministic-cgn-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/