Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:02:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Ayan Banerjee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology and link
   technology, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops,
   and support for multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic.
   TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic
   using a header that includes a hop count. Since the TRILL base
   protocol was approved in March 2010, active development of TRILL has
   revealed errata in the original RFC 6325 and some cases that could
   use clarifications or updates.

   RFC 6327 and RFC 6439 provide clarifications and updates with respect
   to Adjacency and Appointed Forwarders. This document provides other
   known clarifications, corrections, and updates to RFC 6325, RFC 6327,
   and RFC 6439.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/