Subject: I-D Action: draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:08:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) on Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Sami Boutros
                          Marc Binderberger
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-07-06

Abstract:
   This document proposes a mechanism to run BFD on Link Aggregation
   Group (LAG) interfaces.  It does so by running an independent
   Asynchronous mode BFD session on every LAG member link.

   This mechanism allows the verification of member link connectivity,
   either in combination with, or in absence of, LACP.  It provides a
   shorter detection time than what LACP offers.  The connectivity check
   can also cover elements of layer 3 bidirectional forwarding.

   This mechanism utilizes a well-known UDP port distinct from that of
   single-hop BFD over IP.  This new UDP port removes the ambiguity of
   BFD over LAG packets from BFD over single-hop IP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/