Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-forces-vs-openflow-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 17:56:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Comparisons between OpenFlow and ForCES
	Author(s)       : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-forces-vs-openflow-00.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   While both ForCES and OpenFlow follow the basic idea of
   separations of forwarding plane and control plane in network
   elements, they are technically different. ForCES specification
   contains both a modeling language [RFC5812] which allows flexible
   definition of the Flow tables and flow logic. ForCES flow logic
   include Logical Functional Blocks (LFBs) connected in flow logic
   that is described in logic of direct graphs augmented by passage
   of Metadata and grouping concepts.

   OpenFlow's specifications contain a specific instantiation of
   Flow tables and flow logic which has emerged from the research
   community theories.  OpenFlow's logic varies based on the
   revision of the specification (OpenFlow-Paper [McKeown2008],
   OpenFlow Switch Specification 1.0 [OpenFlow1-0], OpenFlow 1.1
   [OpenFlow-1.1] Open Configuration 1.0 [OpenFlowConfig-1.0]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-forces-vs-openflow

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-forces-vs-openflow-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/