Subject: I-D Action: draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:00:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Incremental Updates
	Author(s)       : Nico Schwan
                          William Roome
	Filename        : draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   bridge the gap between network and applications by provisioning
   network related information.  This allows applications to make
   informed decisions, for example when selecting a target host from a
   set of candidates.

   Therefore an ALTO server provides network and cost maps to its
   clients.  This draft discusses options on how to provide incremental
   updates for these maps, with the goal of reducing the amount of data
   needed for transmitting the maps and shortly evaluates the two most
   promising options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schwan-alto-incr-updates-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/