Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pala-rea-ocsp-over-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:02:22 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : OCSP over DNS
    Author(s)     : M. Pala, et al
    Filename      : draft-pala-rea-ocsp-over-dns
    Pages         : 7 
    Date          : July 25, 2012 
    
   One of the most strategic problems for Internet Certification
   Authorities (ICAs) is the provisioning of revocation information in
   an efficient way.  Current approaches for the distribution of OCSP
   responses over HTTP do not provide efficient solutions for the high
   volume of traffic that Internet CAs face when providing services for
   highly utilized websites.  This document describes a new transport
   protocol for OCSP responses to efficiently provide revocation
   information about digital certificates.

   In particular, this specification defines how to distribute OCSP
   responses over DNS and how to define OCSP-over-DNS URLs in
   certificates.  The use of the DNS system to distribute such
   information is meant to lower the costs of providing revocation
   services and increase the availability of revocation information by
   using the distributed nature of the DNS infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pala-rea-ocsp-over-dns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.