Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 02:12:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PMIPv6 multicast handover optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)
	Author(s)       : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Ignacio Soto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover-01.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document specifies a multicast handover optimization mechanism
   for Proxy Mobile IPv6 to accelerate the delivery of multicast traffic
   to mobile nodes after handovers.  The mechanism is based on speeding
   up the acquisition of mobile nodes' active multicast subscriptions
   information by the mobile access gateways.  To do that, extensions to
   the current Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol are proposed.  These
   extensions are not only applicable to the base solution for multicast
   support in Proxy Mobile IPv6, but also can be applied to other
   solutions envisioned as possible architectural evolutions of it.
   Furthermore, they are also independent of the role played by the
   mobile access gateway within the multicast network (either acting as
   multicast listener discovery proxy or multicast router).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/