Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-rmt-goe-fec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:12:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Generalized Object Encoding (GOE) Approach for the Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Protection of Objects and its Application to Reed- Solomon Codes over GF(2^^8)
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Aline Roumy
                          Bessem Sayadi
	Filename        : draft-roca-rmt-goe-fec-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-07-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a Generalized Object Encoding (GOE) approach
   for the protection of one or multiple objects, in the context of a
   Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) like FLUTE/ALC, FCAST/ALC or FCAST/
   NORM.  Unlike [RFC5052], the GOE approach [GOE] decouples the
   definition of Generalized Objects over which FEC encoding takes place
   homogeneously, from the natural source object boundaries.  This
   separation enables either an Unequal Erasure Protection (UEP) of
   different portions of a given source object, or an efficient and
   global protection of a set of potentially small files, depending on
   the way the Generalized Objects are defined.

   The present document first of all introduces the GOE approach.  Then
   it defines the GOE Reed-Solomon FEC Scheme for the particular case of
   Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8) and no encoding symbol group, the
   GOE equivalent to FEC Encoding ID 5 defined in RFC5510.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-rmt-goe-fec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-rmt-goe-fec-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-roca-rmt-goe-fec-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/