Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-rmt-goe-ldpc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:14:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Generalized Object Encoding (GOE) LDPC-Staircase FEC Scheme
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Aline Roumy
                          Bessem Sayadi
	Filename        : draft-roca-rmt-goe-ldpc-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a Generalized Object Encoding (GOE) FEC
   Scheme for the protection of one or multiple objects, in the context
   of a Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) like FLUTE/ALC, FCAST/ALC or
   FCAST/NORM.  Unlike [RFC5052], the GOE approach [GOE] decouples the
   definition of Generalized Objects over which FEC encoding takes place
   homogeneously, from the natural source object boundaries.  This
   separation enables either an Unequal Erasure Protection (UEP) of
   different portions of a given source object, or an efficient and
   global protection of a set of potentially small files, depending on
   the way the Generalized Objects are defined.

   The present document defines the GOE LDPC-Staircase FEC Scheme, i.e.,
   the GOE version of the FEC Encoding ID 3 (LDPC-Staircase) defined in
   [RFC5170] with the further restriction that the number of encoding
   symbols per group (i.e., the number of symbols sent in the same
   packet) MUST be equal to 1 (G=1).  This document does not change the
   LDPC-Staircase code definition, and therefore it inherits most of
   [RFC5170].  It only modifies the FEC Payload ID and FEC OTI, i.e., it
   addresses the problem of UEP and efficient file bundle protection by
   means of pure signaling approach.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-rmt-goe-ldpc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-rmt-goe-ldpc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-roca-rmt-goe-ldpc-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/