Subject: I-D Action: draft-simpson-idr-flowspec-redirect-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:32:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Flow-Spec Extended Community for Traffic Redirect to IP Next Hop
	Author(s)       : Matthieu Texier
                          David Smith
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Adam Simpson
	Filename        : draft-simpson-idr-flowspec-redirect-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination of
   traffic flow specification rules. This has many possible applications
   but the primary one for many network operators is the distribution of
   traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation. The flow-spec standard
   [RFC 5575] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for policy-based
   forwarding but this mechanism can be difficult to use, particularly
   in networks without L3 VPNs.

   This draft proposes a new redirect-to-IP flow-spec action that
   provides a simpler method of policy-based forwarding. This action is
   indicated by the presence of a new BGP extended community in the
   flow-spec route. Many routers already support a redirect-to-IP filter
   action and, in this case, the only new functionality implied by this
   draft is the ability to signal the action using flow-spec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-simpson-idr-flowspec-redirect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-simpson-idr-flowspec-redirect-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-simpson-idr-flowspec-redirect-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/