Subject: I-D Action: draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:16:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Observations of RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Thomas Clausen
                          Axel Colin de Verdiere
                          Jiazi Yi
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Yuichi Igarashi
	Filename        : draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   With RPL - the "IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-power Lossy Networks" -
   having been published as a Proposed Standard after a ~2-year
   development cycle, this document presents an evaluation of the
   resulting protocol, of its applicability, and of its limits.  The
   documents presents a selection of observations of the protocol
   characteristics, exposes experiences acquired when producing various
   prototype implementations of RPL, and presents results obtained from
   testing this protocol - by way of network simulations, in network
   testbeds and in deployments.  The document aims at providing a better
   understanding of possible weaknesses and limits of RPL, notably the
   possible directions that further protocol developments should
   explore, in order to address these.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/