Subject: I-D Action: draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 06:48:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RPL deployment experience in large scale networks
	Author(s)       : JP Vasseur
                          Jonathan Hui
                          Sukrit Dasgupta
                          Giyoung Yoon
	Filename        : draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-05

Abstract:
   Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) exhibit characteristics unlike
   other more traditional IP links.  LLNs are a class of network in
   which both routers and their interconnect are resource constrained.
   LLN routers are typically resource constrained in processing power,
   memory, and energy (i.e. battery power).  LLN links are typically
   exhibit high loss rates, low data rates, are are strongly affected by
   environmental conditions that change over time.  LLNs may be composed
   of a few dozen to thousands of routers.  A new protocol called the
   IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) has been
   specified for routing in LLNs supporting multipoint-to-point, point-
   to-multipoint traffic, and point-to-point traffic.  Since RPL's
   publication as an RFC, several large scale networks have been
   succesfully deployed.  The aim of this document is to provide
   deployment experience on real-life deployed RPL-based networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/