Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:44:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL Edge Directory Assistance Framework
	Author(s)       : Linda Dunbar
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Intel Labs
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   Edge RBridges currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses and
   their egress RBridges by observing the data packets traversed
   through. When ingress RBridge receives a data frame with its
   destination address (MAC&VLAN) unknown, the data frame is flooded
   across the TRILL campus. When there are more than one RBridge ports
   connected to one bridged LAN, only one of them can be designated as
   AF port for forwarding/receiving traffic for each LAN, the rest have
   to be blocked for that LAN.

   This draft describes the framework for using directory service to
   assist edge RBridges to improve TRILL network scalability in data
   center environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/