Subject: I-D Action: draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:42:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NETCONF over WebSocket
	Author(s)       : Tomoyuki Iijima
                          Hiroyasu Kimura
                          Yoshifumi Atarashi
                          Hidemitsu Higuchi
	Filename        : draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-07-12

Abstract:
   This memo proposes a way of transporting NETCONF over WebSocket
   protocol.  Web-based systems are increasing with the advancement of
   Web technologies and emergence of cloud computing.  Management
   systems that support browser-based interface are also getting common.
   It's natural to expect network devices to have browser-based
   managemaent interface.  Currently, however, few network management
   protocols support being transported over HTTP.  NETCONF[RFC6241] was
   defined to be sent over SOAP/HTTPS[RFC4743].  But, it falls short of
   fulfilling NETCONF specification in that it can't provide NETCONF
   notification[RFC5277] because of HTTP's lack of bi-directional
   capabilty.  At present, WebSocket protocol, the update of HTTP with
   bi-directional capability, is available[RFC6455].  This memo
   describes the way NETCONF is sent over WebSocket protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/