Subject: I-D Action: draft-lee-alto-ext-dc-resource-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 21:42:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Extensions for Collecting Data Center Resource Information
	Author(s)       : Young Lee
                          Greg M. Bernstein
                          Sreekanth Madhavan
                          Dhruv Dhody
	Filename        : draft-lee-alto-ext-dc-resource-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   In a networked application environment where resources (e.g.,
   computing, storage, etc.) are geographically distributed in Data
   Centers, a key decision is to allocate the application request to an
   "optimal" Data Center location in which to host the application
   request. Key constraints in this decision include resource
   availability, network cost, infrastructure constraints (e.g., power)
   and others. This draft proposes an ALTO extension to support data
   center resource information model and its related protocol
   extensions as part of the infrastructure to application information
   exposure (i2aex) initiative.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-alto-ext-dc-resource

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-alto-ext-dc-resource-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/