Subject: I-D Action: draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:47:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Framework for GMPLS based control of Flexi-grid DWDM networks
	Author(s)       : Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Xihua Fu
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Iftekhar Hussain
	Filename        : draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2012-07-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a framework and the associated control plane
   requirements for the GMPLS based control of flexi-grid DWDM networks.
   To allow efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for high
   bit-rate systems, the International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) is extending the
   standard [G.694.1] to include the concept of flexible grid: a new
   DWDM grid has been developed within the ITU-T Study Group 15, by
   defining a set of nominal central frequencies, smaller channel
   spacings and the concept of "frequency slot".  In such environment, a
   data plane connection is switched based on the allocated, variable-
   width optical spectrum frequency slot.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/