Subject: I-D Action: draft-lelouedec-cdni-request-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:54:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CDNI Request Routing
	Author(s)       : Yannick Le Louedec
                          Anne Marrec
                          Gilles Bertrand
                          Marcin Pilarski
	Filename        : draft-lelouedec-cdni-request-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   The present document proposes to clarify the CDNI Request Routing
   interface introduced in [I-D.ietf-cdni-framework] and [I-D.ietf-cdni-
   problem-statement], as well as related terminology.

   In particular the present document proposes to split the CDNI Request
   Routing interface into two separate interfaces with clearer roles,
   named respectively CDNI Routing interface and CDNI Downstream
   Resource Identifier Signaling interface (CDNI DRIS interface).

   This part of the CDN interconnection framework the IETF has been
   referring to so far with the term "CDNI Request Routing" is just
   another routing, signaling and forwarding problem in a long series of
   the telecommunication history.  For example, one can draw a direct
   analogy between the IP/MPLS-TE framework and the CDN interconnection
   framework.

   In addition, this document recommends that the specification of ALL
   CDN interconnection interfaces in the scope of the CDNI IETF WG
   relies on the equivalent concept to IP prefix for CDN
   interconnection, named 'contentRequestScope'.  This highly useful and
   powerful concept SHALL be used to simplify the specification of ALL
   CDN interconnection interfaces, as well as to ensure performance and
   scalability in CDN interconnection.

   All these proposals can be smoothly integrated in the WG drafts,
   especially [I-D.ietf-cdni-framework] and
   [I-D.ietf-cdni-requirements], as they essentially propose (useful)
   clarifications of the existing framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lelouedec-cdni-request-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lelouedec-cdni-request-routing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/