Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 06:20:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast requirements for control over LLN
	Author(s)       : Peter van der Stok
                          Esko Dijk
                          Armand Lelkens
	Filename        : draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-12

Abstract:
   This is a working document intended to focus discussion on
   requirements for multicast in Low-power and Lossy Networks in the
   area of M2M communication for control applications.  The Trickle
   algorithm, which uses random re-broadcasting to assure that messages
   arrive at all destinations, has been proposed in the Trickle
   Multicast Forwarding ROLL WG draft as the basis for a multicast
   routing protocol.  In this draft additional requirements on multicast
   routing are presented, such as timeliness, motivated by building
   control.  Random re-broadcasting and timeliness can be difficult to
   reconcile.  This draft presents some simulation results in typical
   control settings which show that achieving latencies below 400 ms is
   feasible with Trickle.  Recommendations are proposed for the current
   Trickle Multicast Forwarding draft to achieve optimal performance and
   meet the stated requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/