Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 05:36:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)       : Martin J. Duerst
                          Michel Suignard
                          Larry Masinter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document defines the Internationalized Resource Identifier (IRI)
   protocol element, as an extension of the Uniform Resource Identifier
   (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal
   Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  Grammar and processing rules are
   given for IRIs and related syntactic forms.

   Defining IRI as a new protocol element (rather than updating or
   extending the definition of URI) allows independent orderly
   transitions: protocols and languages that use URIs must explicitly
   choose to allow IRIs.

   Guidelines are provided for the use and deployment of IRIs and
   related protocol elements when revising protocols, formats, and
   software components that currently deal only with URIs.

   This document is part of a set of documents intended to replace RFC
   3987.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/