Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:47:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Asserting DNS Administrative Boundaries Within DNS Zones
	Author(s)       : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Some clients on the Internet make inferences about the administrative
   relationships among servers on the Internet based on the domain names
   of those servers.  Perhaps unfortunately, it is not currently
   possible to detect the real administrative boundaries in the DNS, and
   therefore such inferences can go wrong in several ways.  Mitigation
   strategies deployed so far will not scale.  The solution to this is
   to provide a way to make an explicit assertion about the
   relationships between services provided at different domain names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/