Subject: I-D Action: draft-huangshg-pce-conflict-avoidance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 06:02:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Extensions for Link State Conflict Avoidance Mechanism in Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : Xin Li
                          ZTE Corporation
                          Jie Zhang
                          Min Zhang
                          Hongxiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-huangshg-pce-conflict-avoidance-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-01

Abstract:
   This document proposes a PCE based link state conflict avoidance
   mechanism.  Path Computation Element (PCE) can compute a network path
   or route based on the information stored in Traffic Engineering
   Database (TED) and TED collects the link resources information
   through the OSPF-TE protocol.  The proposed conflict avoidance
   mechanism gives each link two state which respectively represents the
   resource in this link is changed or not.  The extended OSPF-TE
   protocol will also flood the link state information when it floods
   the link resources information.  PCE will add the link state to the
   calculated path when it returns the calculated path to Path
   Computation Clients (PCC).  When the RSVP-TE protocol reserves the
   resource along the calculated path, it will compare the link state
   stored in the calculated path with the link state stored in the
   local.  If the link state between the calculated path and the local
   is inconsistent then the RSVP-TE protocol will stop the resource
   reservation process, release the reserved resource and promote the
   OSPF-TE protocol to flood the Link resources information immediately.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huangshg-pce-conflict-avoidance

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huangshg-pce-conflict-avoidance-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/