Subject: I-D Action: draft-shirasaki-nat444-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 02:02:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT444
	Author(s)       : Ikuhei Yamagata
                          Yasuhiro Shirasaki
                          Akira Nakagawa
                          Jiro Yamaguchi
                          Hiroyuki Ashida
	Filename        : draft-shirasaki-nat444-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-07-05

Abstract:
   This document describes one of the network models that are designed
   for smooth transition to IPv6.  It is called NAT444 model.  NAT444
   model is composed of IPv6, and IPv4 with Carrier Grade (CGN).

   NAT444 is the only scheme not to require replacing Customer Premises
   Equipment (CPE) even if IPv4 address exhausted.  But it must be noted
   that NAT444 has serious restrictions i.e. it limits the number of
   sessions per CPE so that rich applications such as AJAX and RSS feed
   cannot work well.

   Therefore, IPv6 which is free from such a difficulty has to be
   introduced into the network at the same time.  In other words, NAT444
   is just a tool to make IPv6 transition easy to be swallowed.  It is
   designed for the days IPv4 and IPv6 co-existence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shirasaki-nat444

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shirasaki-nat444-06

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shirasaki-nat444-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/