Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-front-end-naming-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 03:01:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Home Network Front End Naming Delegation
	Author(s)       : Wouter Cloetens
                          Philippe Lemordant
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-front-end-naming-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-07-03

Abstract:
   This document proposes a Naming Delegation Architecture that makes
   possible End Users to reach the hosts or services of their Home
   Network using Names instead of IP addresses.

   This document shows how the Naming Delegation between the CPE and the
   ISP can be set so the CPE is not exposed on the Internet.  This
   document describes an Naming Architecture where ISPs provide Front
   End Delegating DNS Servers whereas the CPEs constitute a Back End
   Network of Delegated DNS Servers.  All DNS queries for any Home
   Network are addressed to the Delegating Front End Server.  The
   response is expected to be stored on a CPE, and the Front End
   Delegating DNS Server sends a DNS Query to that CPE before answering
   to the initial DNS query.

   The negotiation between the CPE and the ISP is using DHCP Options.
   This document provides options so Front End Delegating and the
   Delegated DNS Servers configure their respective Zone files and so
   that CPEs restrict access and protect themselves from unauthorized
   DNS Queries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-front-end-naming-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-front-end-naming-delegation-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/