Subject: I-D Action: draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:12:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Fast Re-route using extensions to LDP
	Author(s)       : Sriganesh Kini
                          Srikanth Narayanan
                          Stephane Litkowski
	Filename        : draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) is widely deployed to signal Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) due to its simple operational model.  Since LDP
   establishes LSPs along IGP routed paths, its failure recovery is
   gated by the interior gateway protocol's (IGP's) re-convergence.
   Though some mechanisms exist to do Fast Re-route (FRR) of LDP LSPs,
   they suffer from significant complexity or lack of full coverage or
   both.  This document describes a method to perform FRR of LDP LSPs
   that retains the simple operational model of LDP.  The goal is to
   provide 100% coverage for all failure scenarios including Shared Risk
   Link Group (SRLG) failure with recovery characteristics similar to
   the methods in Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering
   FRR (RSVP-TE-FRR).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kini-mpls-frr-ldp-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/