Subject: I-D Action: draft-moreira-dlife-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 07:05:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Opportunistic Routing based on Users Daily Life Routine
	Author(s)       : Waldir Moreira
                          Paulo Mendes
                          Ronedo Ferreira
                          Eduardo Cerqueira
	Filename        : draft-moreira-dlife-00.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2012-07-07

Abstract:
   This document is written in the context of the Delay Tolerant
   Networking Research Group and will be presented for reviewing by that
   group. This document defines dLife, an opportunistic routing protocol
   that takes advantage of time-evolving social structures. dLife
   belongs to the family of social-aware opportunistic routing protocols
   for intermittently connected networks. dLife operates based on a
   representation of the dynamics of social structures as a weighted
   contact graph, where the weights (i.e., social strengths) express how
   long a pair of nodes is in contact over different period of times. It
   considers two complementary utility functions: Time-Evolving Contact
   Duration (TECD) that captures the evolution of social interaction
   among pairs of users in the same daily period of time, over
   consecutive days; and TECD Importance (TECDi) that captures the
   evolution of user's importance, based on its node degree and the
   social strength towards its neighbors, in different periods of time.
   It is intended for use in wireless networks where there is no
   guarantee that a fully connected path between any source -
   destination pair exists at any time, a scenario where traditional
   routing protocols are unable to deliver bundles. Such networks can be
   sparse mesh, in which case intermittent connectivity is due to lack
   of physical connections, or dense mesh, in which case intermittent
   connectivity may be due to high interference or shadowing. In any
   case, intermittent connectivity can also be due to the availability
   of devices (e.g., unavailable due to power saving rules). The
   document presents an architectural overview followed by the protocol
   specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moreira-dlife

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moreira-dlife-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/