Subject: I-D Action: draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 00:26:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : KARP KMP: Simplified Peer Authentication
	Author(s)       : Uma Chunduri
                          Albert Tian
	Filename        : draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   This document describes the usage of Router Fingerprint
   Authentication (RFA) with public keys.  This can be used as a peer
   authentication method with KARP Key Management Protocol (KMP).  KARP
   KMP automates key negotiation for securing TCP-based pairwise Routing
   Protocols (RPs) like BGP, LDP.  The advantage of RFA is, neither it
   requires out-of-band, mutually agreeable symmetric keys nor a full
   PKI based system (trust anchor or CA certificates) for mutual
   authentication of the peers with KARP KMP deployments.  Usage of
   Router Fingerprints give a significant operational improvement from
   symmetric key based systems and yet provide a secure authentication
   technique.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/