Subject: I-D Action: draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:33:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Differentiated Service Class Recommendations for LLN Traffic
	Author(s)       : Shitanshu Shah
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-03

Abstract:
   Differentiated services architecture is widely deployed in
   traditional networks.  There exist well defined recommendations for
   the use of appropriate differentiated service classes for different
   types of traffic (eg. audio, video) in these networks.  Per-Hop
   Behaviors are typically defined based on this recommendations.  With
   emerging Low-power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), traffic originated in a
   LLN, such as metering, command and control, may transit over a
   converged campus IP network, or even a Wide Area Network, and will
   share resources with traditional classes of traffic such as voice,
   video and data.  It is important to have defined differentiated
   services recommendations for LLN traffic to co-exist with traditional
   class of traffic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/