Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:25:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Media Server Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Resource Brokering
	Author(s)       : Chris Boulton
                          Lorenzo Miniero
                          Gary Munson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-13.txt
	Pages           : 142
	Date            : 2012-07-10

Abstract:
   The MediaCtrl work group in the IETF has proposed an architecture for
   controlling media services.  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is
   used as the signalling protocol which provides many inherent
   capabilities for message routing.  In addition to such signalling
   properties, a need exists for intelligent, application level media
   service selection based on non-static signalling properties.  This is
   especially true when considered in conjunction with deployment
   architectures that include 1:M and M:N combinations of Application
   Servers and Media Servers.  This document introduces a Media Resource
   Broker (MRB) entity which manages the availability of Media Servers
   and the media resource demands of Application Servers.  The document
   includes potential deployment options for an MRB and appropriate
   interfaces to Application Servers and Media Servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-13

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mediactrl-mrb-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/