Subject: I-D Action: draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 02:50:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : One-time Address-Prefix Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4
	Author(s)       : Qing Zeng
                          Jie Dong
                          Jakob Heitz
                          Keyur Patel
                          Rob Shakir
                          ZhiLan Huang
	Filename        : draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document defines a new Outbound Router Filter (ORF) type for
   BGP, termed "One-time Address Prefix Outbound Route Filter", which
   would allow a BGP speaker to send to its BGP peer a route refresh
   request with a set of address-prefix-based filters to make the peer
   re-advertise only the specific routes matching the filters to the
   speaker.  This ORF-type enables a BGP speaker to replay or recover
   some specific "problematic" routes without requiring its peer to re-
   advertise the whole Adj-RIB-Out of a specific address family, which
   makes the trouble shooting operation (such as packets tracking) more
   efficient and reduces the impact on network stability.  This filter
   does not change the outbound route filters on BGP peers and should
   only be used for one-time filtering.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/