Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 19:00:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Protocol Extension for Stateful PCE Usage in GMPLS Networks
	Author(s)       : Xian Zhang
                          Young Lee
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
	Filename        : draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) facilitates Traffic Engineering
   (TE) based path calculation in large, multi-domain, multi-region, or
   multi-layer networks. PCE can be stateless or stateful. With the LSP
   state information acquired from the network, a stateful PCE exhibits
   superiority in facilitating a wide variety of applications,
   especially in GMPLS networks, such as impairment-aware routing and
   wavelength assignment in wavelength-switched optical networks (WSON),
   time-based scheduling applications. This memo provides extensions
   required for PCE communication protocol (i.e. PCEP) so as to enable
   the usage of a stateful PCE capability in GMPLS networks. To be more
   specific, the PCEP extensions specified in this memo include not
   only new objects but also modification of existing objects in PCEP
   messages, with regard to stateful PCE usage in GMPLS networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-pce-pcep-stateful-pce-gmpls-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/