Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 00:24:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Semantic IPv6 Prefix
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   Some Internet Service Providers desire to be aware of more
   information about each packet, so that packets can be treated
   differently and efficiently. IPv6, with a large address space, allows
   semantics to be embedded into addresses. Routers can easily apply
   relevant operations accordingly. This document provides analysis on
   how to form semantic prefix and corresponding use cases, and
   identifies the technical requirements to maximize the benefits of the
   semantic prefix approach. It is recommended to use 4~12 bits in
   prefix for embedded semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/