Subject: I-D Action: draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:37:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Enhanced Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6 based on IEEE 802.11 Network
	Author(s)       : Youngsong Mun
                          Seonggeun Ryu
                          Kyujin Lee
	Filename        : draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-07-10

Abstract:
   In MIPv6 [1], whenever a mobile node changes its attached point,
   handover process should be followed to inform its home agent and
   correspondent of a MN's current location. The handover process is
   decomposed into layer 2 and layer 3 handovers again, and these two
   handovers are accomplished sequentially, which causes long latency
   problem. This problem is a critical issue in MIPv6. To make up for
   this, we propose an enhanced Fast Handover scheme to reduce the
   overall latency on handover, revising the Fast Handover [2].
   Especially, several messages in layer 3 are sent in one frame during
   layer 2 handover.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-06

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mun-mipshop-efh-fast-mipv6-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/