Subject: I-D Action: draft-aldrin-trill-campus-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:20:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL Campus Extension
	Author(s)       : Sam Aldrin
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Santiago Alvarez
                          Xiaolan Wan
	Filename        : draft-aldrin-trill-campus-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   This document presents a solution suite for TRILL campuses to be
   connected over WAN networks. TRILL protocol is primarily designed to
   work within intra-data centers. Connecting different sites over WAN
   using overlay tunnel protocols is the primary method employed at
   present. Though this presents a simple mechanisms to extend TRILL
   campuses over WAN networks, it also brings in the problem of
   scalability for TRILL nicknames exchanged between sites, latency,
   duplication of traffic etc. This draft proposes a way to extend the
   TRILL sites without having the WAN network aware of TRILL campus
   network and its topology. This document details on how to extend
   TRILL campus sites and to establish connections between various sites
   without having to exchange entire TRILL campus information, thus
   reducing the information flow to the required sites only. This
   document do not add or define datacenter interconnect protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aldrin-trill-campus-extension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aldrin-trill-campus-extension-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/