Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:46:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for 6rd
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This memo specifies 6rd's multicast component so that IPv6 hosts can
   receive multicast data from IPv6 servers.  In 6rd encapsulation
   solution, multicast communication is completely integrated into 6rd
   tunnel. 6rd Customer Edge router is extended with Multicast Listener
   Discovery (MLD) protocol Proxy entity.  MLD Proxy receives join
   requests from 6rd IPv6 hosts and sends them upstream in 6rd's IPv4 in
   IPv6 tunnel to 6rd Border Relay (BR).  This tunnel is used to
   exchange MLD messages to establish multicast state at 6rd BR so that
   6rd BR can use 6rd's IPv4 in IPv6 tunnel to send IPv6 multicast data
   to 6rd CEs.  At the CEs, multicast data is decapsulated and MLD Proxy
   delivers it to IPv6 hosts based on MLD group membership state.  In
   6rd Translation Multicast based solution, the protocol is based on
   proxying MLD at the 6rd Customer Edge router and then translating MLD
   messages to IGMP messages and sending them upstream to a network
   which supports IPv4 multicast. 6rd Border Relay is multicast router
   and IGMP-MLD translator.  It translates IGMP join back to MLD join
   message and sends it to multicast source.  IPv6 Multicast data
   received at 6rd Border Relay is translated into IPv4 multicast data
   and then sent to IPv4 multicast tree downstream to 6rd Customer Edge
   which translates back to IPv6 multicast data then delivers to the
   hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/