Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:56:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   When the service provider networks are upgraded to IPv6, IPv4
   connectivity will still be demanded by network users, at least in the
   recent future.  This draft proposes a mechanism for end hosts or
   networks in IPv6 access networks to build bidirectional IPv4
   communication with the IPv4 Internet.  The mechanism follows the
   softwire hub and spoke model, and uses IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel as basic
   method to traverse IPv6 network.  The bi-directionality of end-to-end
   communication is achieved by allocating public IPv4 addresses to end
   hosts/networks, with no dependency on IPv6 addressing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/