Subject: I-D Action: draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:04:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework and Problem Statement for Flow-associated Middlebox State Migration
	Author(s)       : Yingjie Gu
                          Melinda Shore
                          Senthil Sivakumar
	Filename        : draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-07-03

Abstract:
   This document presents an initial framework and discussion of the
   problem of transferring middlebox (for example, firewall or NAT)
   flow-coupled state from one middlebox to another while the flow is
   still active.  This has most recently come up in the context of
   virtual machine (VM) migration between hypervisors, but it is a
   problem that has appeared in other situations, as well.  We present
   some of the parameters of the problem, define some language for
   discussing the problem, and begin to identify a path forward for
   addressing it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gu-statemigration-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gu-statemigration-framework-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/