Subject: I-D Action: draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:47:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transport of CoAP over SMS, USSD and GPRS
	Author(s)       : Markus Becker
                          Kepeng Li
                          Koojana Kuladinithi
                          Thomas Poetsch
	Filename        : draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-02.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   The Short Message Service (SMS) and Unstructured Supplementary
   Service Data (USSD) of mobile cellular networks is frequently used in
   Machine-To-Machine (M2M) communications, such as for telematic
   devices.  The service offers small packet sizes and high delays just
   as other typical low-power and lossy networks (LLNs), i.e. 6LoWPANs.
   The design of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), that took
   the limitations of LLNs into account, is thus also applicable to
   telematic M2M devices.  The adaptation of CoAP to the SMS or USSD
   transport mechanisms and the combination with IP transported over
   cellular networks is described in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-becker-core-coap-sms-gprs-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/