Subject: I-D Action: draft-guo-armd-multistage-arp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:32:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multistage ARP to Reduce the ARP Broadcast in Layer 2 Network
	Author(s)       : Liang Guo
                          Shihui Duan
	Filename        : draft-guo-armd-multistage-arp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-04

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method to reduce the ARP broadcast in L2
   networks. There will be two MAC tables in the aggregation switches
   which answer for the ARP responses and packet forwarding. Multicast
   will take the place of broadcast for ARP request in this document
   which will lead to the reduction of the numbers of ARP broadcast
   packets in L2 networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-guo-armd-multistage-arp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guo-armd-multistage-arp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/