Subject: I-D Action: draft-naito-nat-port-overlapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 01:31:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT Port Overlapping
	Author(s)       : Kengo Naito
                          Arifumi Matsumoto
	Filename        : draft-naito-nat-port-overlapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   When network address translation (NAT) is used in an address resource
   restricted environment, or when a lot of users are located under a
   NAT device, IP addresses and port resources may be eaten up, and this
   affects user experiences very negatively.  This situation can be
   greatly mitigated by tweaking mapping behavior and session timer
   handling in NAT functions.  This document proposes extension for
   optimizing NAT IP address and port resources in address resource
   restricted environments.  The extension enables simultaneous use of a
   NAT external port for different transport sessions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-naito-nat-port-overlapping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-naito-nat-port-overlapping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/