Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-rmt-extended-fec-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:16:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Need for Extended Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes: Problem Position
	Author(s)       : Vincent Roca
                          Aline Roumy
                          Bessem Sayadi
	Filename        : draft-roca-rmt-extended-fec-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   This document discusses the limits of [RFC5052]-compliant traditional
   FEC schemes, and in particular for two use-cases that are not
   efficiently addressed, namely Unequal Erasure Protection (UEP) of
   subsets of an object and file bundle protection.  This document
   defines the problem but not the potential solutions.  This is left to
   companion documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-rmt-extended-fec-problem

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-rmt-extended-fec-problem-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/