Subject: I-D Action: draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 10:08:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Loop Free RPL
	Author(s)       : Jianlin Guo
                          Philip Orlik
                          Ghulam Bhatti
	Filename        : draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-07-02

Abstract:
   IETF has been developing IPv6 based standards for Low-power and Lossy
   Networks (LLNs) to meet requirements of constrained applications,
   such as field monitoring, inventory control and so on. IPv6 Routing
   Protocol for LLNs (RPL) has been published in [RFC6550]. Based on
   routing metrics and constraints [RFC6551], RPL builds Directed
   Acyclic Graph (DAG) topology to establish bidirectional routes for
   LLNs for traffic types of multipoint-to-point, point-to-multipoint,
   and point-to-point. RPL routes are optimized for traffic to or from
   one or more roots that act as sinks. As a result, a DAG is
   partitioned into one or more Destination Oriented DAGs (DODAGs), one
   DODAG per sink. RPL is widely considered as a feasible routing
   protocol for LLNs. However, DODAG loops and lack of a loop free DODAG
   local repair mechanism are two open issues to be addressed. This
   draft introduces an alternative rank and an Objective Function to
   eliminate DODAG loops in RPL. Based on the proposed rank and
   Objective Function, this draft introduces a loop free DODAG local
   repair mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/