Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-trill-resilient-trees-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:58:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL Resilient Distribution Trees
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Ayan Banerjee
	Filename        : draft-zhang-trill-resilient-trees-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-07-03

Abstract:
   TRILL protocol provides layer 2 multicast data forwarding using IS-IS
   link state routing. Distribution trees are computed based on the link
   state information through Shortest Path First calculation and shared
   among VLANs across the campus. When a link on the distribution tree
   fails, a campus-wide recovergence of this distribution tree will take
   place, which can be time consuming and may cause considerable
   disruption to the ongoing multicast service.

   This document makes use of Affinity TLVs to build the backup
   distribution tree to protect links on the primary distribution tree.
   Since the backup distribution tree is built up ahead of the link
   failure, when a link on the primary distribution tree fails, the pre-
   installed backup forwarding table will be utilized to deliver
   multicast packets without waiting for the campus-wide recovergence,
   which minimizes the service disruption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-trill-resilient-trees

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-trill-resilient-trees-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/