Subject: I-D Action: draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:03:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OSPF Version 2 as the Customer Edge/Customer Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)       : David Freedman
	Filename        : draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   RFC4577 (OSPF as the Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/MPLS IP
   VPNs) proposes a mechanism for the use of the Open Shortest Path
   First V2 ("OSPF", RFC2328) protocol between the Provider Edge ("PE")
   and Customer Edge ("CE") routers within a BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private
   Network ("IPVPN", RFC4364).

   The standard provides for use of such a provider VPN to join
   discontiguous locations together, preserving the OSPF area and domain
   behaviour.

   This document describes a technique for utilising the same, IPVPN
   network infrastructure without the requirement to enable the OSPF
   protocol on the PE/CE interface and thus relieve the PE router of
   OSPF duties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freedman-l3vpn-ospf2-4364-ce-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/