Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-blocking-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:11:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
                          Matt Lepinski
                          NLnet Labs
	Filename        : draft-barnes-blocking-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   The Internet is structured to be an open communications medium.  This
   openness is one of the key underpinnings of Internet innovation, but
   it can allow bad communications as well as good.  Thus, as the
   Internet has grown, so have mechanisms to limit the extent and impact
   of abusive or illegal communications.  Recently, there has been an
   increasing emphasis on "blocking", the active prevention of abusive
   or illegal communications.  This document examines several technical
   approaches to Internet service blocking in terms of their fit with
   the overall Internet architecture.  In general, the approach to
   service blocking that is most coherent with the Internet architecture
   is to inform endpoints about bad services, so that the communicants
   can avoid engaging in abusive or illegal communications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-blocking-considerations

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-blocking-considerations-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/