Subject: I-D Action: draft-wouters-dnsop-secure-update-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:35:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure parent-child DNS update use cases
	Author(s)       : Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-wouters-dnsop-secure-update-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   DNS zone administrators occasionally need to update data published by
   a parent zone, such as NS and DS records.  Traditionally these
   updates have happened out-of-band: through DNS registrar interfaces,
   EPP, websites, or manually by operators.  Some updates could also be
   done using DNS Dynamic Update [RFC2136].

   The IETF's DNSOP working group is considering proposing additional
   mechanisms for such updates, possibly leveraging DNSSEC for
   authentication.

   This document presents some use cases to drive this design work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wouters-dnsop-secure-update-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wouters-dnsop-secure-update-use-cases-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/