Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-rest-gss-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 00:27:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RESTful Hypertext Transfer Protocol Application-Layer Authentication Using Generic Security Services
	Author(s)       : Nicolas Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-rest-gss-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes an application-layer authentication protocol
   in Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) applications using Generic
   Security Services Application Programming Interface (GSS-API)
   mechanisms.  The GSS-API is used, for simplicity, via the Simple
   Authentication and Security Layers (SASL) mechanism bridge known as
   "GS2".  This approach to authentication allows for simplicity,
   pluggability, mutual authentication, and channel binding, all with no
   changes to any vbe ersion of HTTP nor the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS).

   Although this is an application-layer protocol, we hope that it will
   be implemented in HTTP stacks for ease of use.  That is, this
   protocol should be implemented at the HTTP application programming
   interface (API) layer wherever possible even though it is an
   application-layer protocol.  We hope that the use of authentication
   at the application layer will make REST-GSS deployable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-rest-gss

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-rest-gss-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-williams-rest-gss-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/