Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:02:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Semantic IPv6 Prefix
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Some Internet Service Providers and enterprises desire to be aware of
   more information about each packet, so that packets can be treated
   differently and efficiently. Packet-level differentiating can also
   enable flow-level and user-level differentiating.

   IPv6, with a large address space, allows semantics to be embedded
   into addresses. Routers can easily apply relevant operations
   accordingly. This document provides analysis on how to form semantic
   prefix and corresponding use cases, and identifies the technical
   requirements to maximize the benefits of the semantic prefix
   approach. It is recommended to use 4~12 bits in prefix for embedded
   semantics.

   This informational document only discusses usage of semantics in a
   semantic prefix domain. It does NOT intent or suggest to standardize
   any common global semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/