Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:25:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Accurate ECN Feedback Option in TCP
	Author(s)       : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-07-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies an TCP option to get accurate Explicit
   Congestion Notification (ECN) feedback from the receiver.  ECN is an
   IP/TCP mechanism where network nodes can mark IP packets instead of
   dropping them to indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-
   capable receiver will feedback this information to the sender.  ECN
   is specified for TCP in such a way that only one feedback signal can
   be transmitted per Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently new TCP
   mechanisms like ConEx or DCTCP need more accurate feedback
   information in the case where more than one marking is received in
   one RTT.  This TCP extension can be used in addition to the classic
   ECN as well as with a more accurate ECN scheme recently proposed
   which reuses the ECN bit in the TCP header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/