Subject: I-D Action: draft-marocco-alto-ws-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:27:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : WebSocket-based server-to-client notifications for the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol
	Author(s)       : Enrico Marocco
                          Jan Seedorf
	Filename        : draft-marocco-alto-ws-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol is
   designed to allow entities with knowledge about the network
   infrastructure to export such information to applications that need
   to choose one or more endpoints to connect to among large sets of
   logically equivalent ones.  The base protocol specification adopts a
   simple pull-based model, according to which the client retrieves the
   information encoded as JSON objects over HTTP directly from the
   server.

   This document proposes (for discussion) a mechanism for providing
   server-initiated information update notifications through a
   WebSocket-based ALTO protocol extension that easily integrates in the
   basic protocol model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marocco-alto-ws

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marocco-alto-ws-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/