Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-irs-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:57:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Alia Atlas
                          Thomas Nadeau
                          Dave Ward
	Filename        : draft-atlas-irs-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   As modern networks grow in scale and complexity, the need for rapid
   and dynamic control increases.  With scale, the need to automate even
   the simplest operations is important, but even more critical is the
   ability to quickly interact with more complex operations such as
   policy-based controls.

   In order to enable applications to have access to and control over
   information in the Internet's routing system, we need a publically
   documented interface specification.  The interface needs to support
   real-time, transaction-based interactions using efficient data models
   and encodings.  Furthermore, the interface must support a variety of
   use cases including those where verified control feed-back loops are
   needed.

   This document expands upon these statements of requirements to
   provide a problem statement for an interface to the Internet routing
   system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-irs-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-irs-problem-statement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/