Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaplan-straw-sip-traceroute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:22:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Media-based Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
	Filename        : draft-kaplan-straw-sip-traceroute-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   SIP already provides the ability to perform hop-by-hop traceroute
   for SIP messages using the Max-Forwards header field, in order to
   determine the reachability path of requests to a target.  A new
   mechanism for media-loopback calls is also being defined separately,
   which enables test calls to be generated which result in media being
   looped back to the originator.  This document is a strawman proposal
   for a means of performing hop-by-hop traceroute-style test calls
   using the media-loopback mechanism, in order to test the media path
   when SIP sessions go through media-relaying B2BUAs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaplan-straw-sip-traceroute

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaplan-straw-sip-traceroute-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/