Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:50:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPsec Multiple Interfaces Requirements
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Carl Williams
	Filename        : draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-29

Abstract:
   Multiple Interface Nodes (MIF Nodes) may use their Multiple
   Interfaces to perform Mobility, Multihoming.  Then, these MIF Nodes
   may also manage traffic between these Multiple Interfaces.  Because
   IPsec has not been designed for Multiple Interfaces, MIF Nodes have
   difficulties to benefit from MIF features with IPsec protected
   communications.

   This document provides use cases where IPsec protected communications
   would take advantage of MIF features.  From these uses cases, we
   identify the different IPsec features MIF Nodes would require.  Then,
   we expose the limitations of the IPsec related protocols IKEv2 and
   MOBIKE regarding to these MIF features before listing the MIF IPsec
   Security Requirements that should be address by a extension of IKEv2
   or MOBIKE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/