Subject: I-D Action: draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:42:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SASL Mechanism Family for External Authentication: EXTERNAL-*
	Author(s)       : Simon Josefsson
                          Carolin Latze
	Filename        : draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-11

Abstract:
   This document describes a way to perform client authentication in the
   Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework by
   referring to the client authentication provided by an external
   security layer.  We specify a SASL mechanism family EXTERNAL-* and
   one instance EXTERNAL-TLS that rely on the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol.  This mechanism differs to the existing EXTERNAL
   mechanism by alleviating the a priori assumptions that servers and
   clients needs somehow negotiate out of band which secure channel that
   is intended.  This document also discuss the implementation of
   authorization decisions.

   See <http://josefsson.org/external-channel/> for more information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-josefsson-sasl-external-channel-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/