Subject: I-D Action: draft-kompella-nvo3-server2nve-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:28:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Signaling to Simplify Network Virtualization Provisioning
	Author(s)       : Kireeti Kompella
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Thomas Morin
	Filename        : draft-kompella-nvo3-server2nve-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   This document proposes a "single-touch" approach for provisioning the
   networking parameters related to Virtual Machine creation, migration
   and termination on servers.  The idea is to provision the server,
   then have the server signal the requisite parameters to the relevant
   network device(s).  Such an approach reduces the workload on the
   provisioning system and simplifies the data model that the
   provisioning system needs to maintain.  Furthermore, it is more
   resilient to topology changes in server-network connectivity, for
   example, reconnecting a server to a different network port or switch.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kompella-nvo3-server2nve

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kompella-nvo3-server2nve-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/