Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 23:00:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Supporting P2MP in Flexi-Grid Networks
	Author(s)       : Yongli Zhao
                          Xiaosong Yu
                          Jie Zhang
                          Jiayu Wang
                          Xuefeng Lin
	Filename        : draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   Multicasting over WDM optical networks has enabled many popular
   Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) applications, such as video conference,
   interactive distance learning, replicated database, distributed
   computing, and so on.  However, the low-rate multicasting traffic
   demands cannot make full use of the capacity of the entire wavelength
   .  Flexi-grid network overcomes the fixed grid constraint of
   Wavelength Switched Optical Network (WSON) by flexible spectrum
   allocation based on the demand of the client request.  It is an
   effective solution to address the problem of inefficient spectrum
   utilization.  Therefore, it is essential to exploit multicasting over
   flexi-grid networks.  This document covers the requirements for
   supporting P2MP over flexi-grid infrastructure.  Specifically, the
   scope of requirements listed in this document covers the
   functionality that should be supported by the control plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/