Subject: I-D Action: draft-briscoe-conex-data-centre-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:34:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Performance Isolation in Data Centres using Congestion Exposure (ConEx)
	Author(s)       : Bob Briscoe
                          Murari Sridharan
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-conex-data-centre-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   This document describes how a multi-tenant data centre operator can
   isolate tenants from network performance degradation due to each
   other's usage, but without losing the multiplexing benefits of a LAN-
   style network where anyone can use any amount of any resource.  Zero
   per-tenant configuration and no implementation change is required on
   network equipment.  Instead the solution is implemented with a simple
   change to the hypervisor (or container) on each physical server,
   beneath the tenant's virtual machines.  These collectively enforce a
   very simple distributed contract - a single network allowance that
   each tenant can allocate among their virtual machines.  The solution
   is simplest and most efficient using layer-3 switches that support
   explicit congestion notification (ECN) and if the sending operating
   system supports congestion exposure (ConEx).  Nonetheless, an
   arrangement is described so that the operator can unilaterally deploy
   a complete solution while operating systems are being incrementally
   upgraded to support ConEx.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-conex-data-centre

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-conex-data-centre-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/