Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:08:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Signaling RSVP-TE P2MP LSPs in an Inter-domain Environment
	Author(s)       : Zafar Ali
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Tarek Saad
	Filename        : draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
         Point-to-MultiPoint (P2MP) Multiprotocol Label Switching
      (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label
      Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may be established using signaling
      techniques described in [RFC4875]. However, [RFC4875] does not
      address many issues that comes when a P2MP-TE LSP is signaled in
      an inter-domain networks. Specifically, one of the issues in
      inter-domain networks is how to allow computation of a loosely
      routed P2MP-TE LSP such that it is re-merge free. Another issue
      is reoptimization of a P2MP-TE tree vs. reoptimization of
      an individual destination, as loosely routing domain border node
      is not aware of the reoptimization scope. This document
      provides a framework and required protocol extensions needed for
      establishing, controlling and reoptimizing P2MP MPLS and GMPLS
      TE LSPs in inter-domain networks.

         This document borrows inter-domain TE terminology from [RFC
      4726], e.g., for the purposes of this document, a domain is
      considered to be any collection of network elements within a
      common sphere of address management or path computational
      responsibility. Examples of such domains include Interior Gateway
      Protocol (IGP) areas and Autonomous Systems (ASes).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-08

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ali-mpls-inter-domain-p2mp-rsvp-te-lsp-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/