Subject: I-D Action: draft-weingarten-mpls-smp-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 06:05:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for MPLS Shared Mesh Protection
	Author(s)       : Yaacov Weingarten
                          Sam Aldrin
	Filename        : draft-weingarten-mpls-smp-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-07-06

Abstract:
   This document presents the basic network objectives for the behavior
   of shared mesh protection (SMP) not based on control-plane support.
   This is an expansion of the basic requirements presented in the MPLS
   Transport Profile Requirements (RFC5654) and MPLS Transport Profile
   Survivability Framework (RFC6372), documents.  This document should
   be used as a basis for the definition of the mechanism that would be
   used to implement SMP for MPLS data paths, in networks that do not
   employ a control plane for its operation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weingarten-mpls-smp-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-weingarten-mpls-smp-requirements-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/