Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raza-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:41:56 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Applicability of LDP Label Advertisement Mode
    Author(s)     : K. Raza, et al
    Filename      : draft-raza-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : July 17, 2012 
    
An LDP speaker negotiates the label advertisement mode with its LDP 
   peer at the time of session establishment. Although different 
   applications sharing the same LDP session may need different modes 
   of label distribution and advertisement, there is only one type of 
   label advertisement mode that is negotiated and used per LDP 
   session. This document clarifies the use and the applicability of 
   session&#39;s negotiated label advertisement mode, and categorizes LDP 
   applications into two broad categories of negotiated mode-bound and 
   mode-independent applications. The document also suggests an update 
   to RFC 5036 and RFC 4447 to remove any ambiquity and conflict in the 
   area of using correct label advertisement mode for a given 
   application. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raza-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.