Subject: I-D Action: draft-shore-icmp-aup-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:41:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Acceptable Use Policy for New ICMP Types and Codes
	Author(s)       : Melinda Shore
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-shore-icmp-aup-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-15

Abstract:
   Some recent proposals to add new Internet Control Message Protocol
   (ICMP) types and/or codes have highlighted a need to describe
   policies for when adding new features to ICMP is desirable and when
   it is not.  In this document we provide a basic description of ICMP's
   role in the IP stack and some guidelines for the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shore-icmp-aup

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shore-icmp-aup-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shore-icmp-aup-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/