Subject: I-D Action: draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:05:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement: Overlays for Network Virtualization
	Author(s)       : Thomas Narten
                          Murari Sridharan
                          Dinesh Dutt
                          David Black
                          Lawrence Kreeger
	Filename        : draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document describes issues associated with providing multi-
   tenancy in large data center networks and an overlay-based network
   virtualization approach to addressing them.  A key multi-tenancy
   requirement is traffic isolation, so that a tenant's traffic is not
   visible to any other tenant.  This isolation can be achieved by
   assigning one or more virtual networks to each tenant such that
   traffic within a virtual network is isolated from traffic in other
   virtual networks.  The primary functionality required is provisioning
   virtual networks, associating a virtual machine's virtual network
   interface(s) with the appropriate virtual network, and maintaining
   that association as the virtual machine is activated, migrated and/or
   deactivated.  Use of an overlay-based approach enables scalable
   deployment on large network infrastructures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-narten-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/