Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:16:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Congestion Control Principles for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Carsten Bormann
                          Klaus Hartke
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   The CoAP protocol needs to be implemented in such a way that it does
   not cause persistent congestion on the network it uses.  Congestion
   control is a complex issue -- the proper rationale for the congestion
   control mechanisms chosen in CoAP is probably more material than the
   CoAP protocol specification itself.  This informational document
   attempts to pull out the background material and more extensive
   considerations behind the CoAP congestion control mechanisms, while
   leaving the basic MUSTs and MUST NOTs in the main spec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-congestion-control

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/