Subject: I-D Action: draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:01:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 3rd Party ALTO Server Discovery (3pdisc)
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates that are able to provide a desired
   resource.

   Entities seeking guidance need to discover and possibly select an
   ALTO server to ask.  This is called ALTO server discovery.  This memo
   describes an ALTO server discovery mechanism for a 3rd party setting,
   i.e., where the ALTO client is not co-located with the actual
   resource consumer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/