Subject: I-D Action: draft-retana-rtgwg-eacp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:24:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework and Requirements for Energy Aware Control Planes
	Author(s)       : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
                          Manuel Paul
	Filename        : draft-retana-rtgwg-eacp-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   There has been, for several years, a rising concern over the energy
   usage of large scale networks.  This concern is strongly focused on
   campus, data center, and other highly concentrated deployments of
   network infrastructure.  Given the steadily increasing demand for
   higher network speeds, always-on service models, and ubiquitous
   network coverage, it is also of growing importance for
   telecommunication networks both local and wide area in scope.  One of
   the issues in moving forward to reduce energy usage is to ensure that
   the network can still meet the performance specifications required to
   support the applications running over it.

   This document provides an overview of the various areas of concern in
   the interaction between network performance and efforts at energy
   aware control planes, as a guide for those working on modifying
   current control planes or designing new control planes to improve the
   energy efficiency of high density, highly complex, network
   deployments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-retana-rtgwg-eacp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-retana-rtgwg-eacp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/