Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:06:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multiple Synchronization sources (SSRC) in RTP Session Signaling
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Fredrik Jansson
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   RTP has always been a protocol that supports multiple participants
   each sending their own media streams in an RTP session.
   Unfortunately, many implementations are designed only for point to
   point voice over IP with a single source in each end-point.  Even
   client implementations aimed at video conferences have often been
   built with the assumption around central mixers that only deliver a
   single media stream per media type.  Thus any application that wants
   to allow for more advanced usage, where multiple media streams are
   sent and received by an end-point, has an issue with legacy
   implementations.  This document describes the problem and proposes a
   signalling solution for how to use multiple SSRCs within one RTP
   session and at the same time handle the legacy issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-avtcore-max-ssrc-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/