Subject: I-D Action: draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:37:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) Use Cases
	Author(s)       : David Waltermire
	Filename        : draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document identifies foundational use cases, derived functional
   capabilities and requirements, architectural components, and the
   supporting standards needed to define an interoperable, automation
   infrastructure required to support timely, accurate and actionable
   situational awareness over an organization's IT systems.  Automation
   tools implementing a continuous monitoring approach will utilize this
   infrastructure together with existing and emerging event, incident
   and network management standards to provide visibility into the state
   of assets, user activities and network behavior.  Stakeholders will
   be able to use these tools to aggregate and analyze relevant security
   and operational data to understand the organizations security
   posture, quantify business risk, and make informed decisions that
   support organizational objectives while protecting critical
   information.  Organizations will be able to use these tools to
   augment and automate information sharing activities to collaborate
   with partners to identify and mitigate threats.  Other automation
   tools will be able to integrate with these capabilities to enforce
   policies based on human decisions to harden systems, prevent misuse
   and reduce the overall attack surface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/