Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-6renum-dhcpv6-slaac-switching-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 05:49:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6/SLAAC Address Configuration Switching for Host Renumbering
	Author(s)       : Bing Liu
                          Wendong Wang
                          Xiangyang Gong
	Filename        : draft-liu-6renum-dhcpv6-slaac-switching-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Sometimes stateful DHCPv6 address configuration and SLAAC may be both
   available in one network. In ND protocol, there is a "M" (ManagedFlag)
   flag defined in RA message, which indicates the hosts the DHCPv6
   service is available. But for some reason, the ND protocol didn't
   define the flag as prescriptive but only advisory. This draft
   proposes to use two reserved bits in RA message to let the network
   control the hosts that which address configuration mode should be
   used. This feature is useful for management, especially in a
   renumbering event.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-6renum-dhcpv6-slaac-switching

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-6renum-dhcpv6-slaac-switching-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-6renum-dhcpv6-slaac-switching-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/