Subject: I-D Action: draft-wei-paws-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 19:25:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PAWS Framework
	Author(s)       : Xinpeng Wei
                          Zhu Lei
                          Peter J. McCann
	Filename        : draft-wei-paws-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to a licensed,
   primary use but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and
   times are defined as "white space".  White space devices can make use
   of this spectrum; however, they must first determine which spectrum
   is unused or unoccupied by a primary user at their current location.
   A white space database can be consulted that holds information about
   primary users of the spectrum and that returns information about
   white space.  In this document we introduce a Protocol for Access to
   WhiteSpace database (PAWS) which is for use between a white space
   device and a white space database.  We give a framework for PAWS, a
   protocol stack that defines the interface between the white space
   device and the white space database, the parameters of the protocol,
   an XML schema that can encode the parameters, and example messages.
   The realization of the database and the calculation of protected
   contour are not considered in this framework draft.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wei-paws-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wei-paws-framework-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/