Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:12:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Simulcast in RTP sessions
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Morgan Lindqvist
                          Fredrik Jansson
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   In some applications it may be necessary to send multiple media
   streams derived from the same media source.  This is called
   Simulcast.  This document discusses the best way of accomplishing
   this in RTP.  It is concluded that a session based solution provides
   best support for simulcast, and a solution for that is defined.
   There are two necessary extensions.  The first extension is how to
   group RTP sessions belonging to the same simulcast source using the
   grouping framework, and the second is how to identify which SSRCs
   that are the same media source by using a new RTCP SDES item SRCNAME.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/