Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:19:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPF Hybrid Broadcast and P2MP Interface Type
	Author(s)       : Nischal Sheth
                          Lili Wang
                          Jeffrey Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-07-03

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to model a broadcast network as a
   hybrid of broadcast and point-to-multipoint networks for purposes of
   OSPF operation.  Neighbor discovery and maintenance as well as LSA
   database synchronization are performed using the broadcast model, but
   the network is represented using the point-to-multipoint model in the
   router LSAs of the routers connected to it.  This allows an accurate
   representation of the cost of communication between different routers
   on the network, while maintaining the network efficiency of broadcast
   operation.  This approach is relatively simple and requires minimal
   changes to OSPF.

   This document updates both OSPFv2 [RFC2328] and OSPFv3 [RFC5340].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/