Subject: I-D Action: draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:56:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Congestion Control: Circuit Breakers for Unicast Sessions
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Varun Singh
	Filename        : draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is widely used in telephony,
   video conferencing, and telepresence applications.  Such applications
   are often run on best-effort UDP/IP networks.  If congestion control
   is not implemented in the applications, then network congestion will
   deteriorate the user's multimedia experience.  This document does not
   propose a congestion control algorithm; rather, it defines a minimal
   set of "circuit-breakers".  Circuit-breakers are conditions under
   which an RTP flow is expected to stop transmiting media to protect
   the network from excessive congestion.  It is expected that all RTP
   applications running on best-effort networks will be able to run
   without triggering these circuit breakers in normal operation.  Any
   future RTP congestion control specification is expected to operate
   within the envelope defined by these circuit breakers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perkins-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/