Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-netext-pmip-nemo-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:02:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Mobility with Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Alexandru Petrescu
                          Michael Mathias Boc
                          Christophe Janneteau
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-netext-pmip-nemo-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-11

Abstract:
   The Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol supports Mobile Hosts moving
   independently, but not Mobile Routers in charge of moving networks.

   This draft addresses this problem.  The goal is to allow
   bidirectional communication between a Local Fixed Node (in the moving
   network) and a Correspondent Node (situated arbitrarily somewhere in
   the Internet).  First, a mechanism of "prefix division" is presented,
   whereby the Home Network Prefix typically assigned by PMIPv6 to a MH
   is used by MR to form Mobile Network sub-Prefix(es); they are used by
   LFNs within the moving network to form addresses; this avoids changes
   in the PMIPv6 protocol specification.  A second mechanism proposes
   enhancements to the use of the DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation protocol
   entities informing the PMIPv6 entities about the allocated MNP; this
   is achieved by equaling MNID and DUID.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-netext-pmip-nemo

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-netext-pmip-nemo-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-netext-pmip-nemo-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/