Subject: I-D Action: draft-seite-dmm-dma-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:55:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Mobility Anchoring
	Author(s)       : Pierrick Seite
                          Philippe Bertin
	Filename        : draft-seite-dmm-dma-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Most existing IP mobility solutions are derived from Mobile IP
   principles where a given mobility anchor maintains Mobile Nodes (MNs)
   binding up-to-date.  Data traffic is then encapsulated between the
   mobility anchor and the MN or its Access Router.  These approaches
   are usually implemented on a centralised architectures where both MN
   context and traffic encapsulation need to be processed at a central
   network entity, i.e. the mobility anchor.  However, one of the trend
   in mobile network evolution is to "flatten" mobility architecture by
   confining mobility support in the access network, e.g. at the access
   routers level, keeping the rest of the network unaware of the
   mobility events and their support.  This document discusses the
   deployment of a Proxy Mobile IP approach in such a flat architecture.
   The solution allows to dynamically distribute mobility functions
   among access routers for an optimal routing management.  The goal is
   also to dynamically adapt the mobility support of the MN's needs by
   applying traffic redirection only to MNs' flows when an IP handover
   occurs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seite-dmm-dma

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seite-dmm-dma-05

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seite-dmm-dma-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/