Subject: I-D Action: draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:04:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Nanogrids
	Author(s)       : Bruce Nordman
                          Ken Christensen
	Filename        : draft-nordman-nanogrids-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   A nanogrid is a very small electricity domain that is distinct from
   any other grid it is connected to in voltage, reliability, quality,
   or price.  Nanogrids could form the basis of a future electricity
   system built on a bottom-up, decentralized, and distributed network
   model rather than the top-down centralized grid we have today in most
   parts of the world.  This document introduces the idea of a nanogrid
   to the IETF community for two purposes -- to inform the work on
   energy management presently underway in the EMAN working group, and
   to describe how future communications within and between grids could
   be accomplished with protocols that are the product of the IETF.
   There appears to be no fundamental conflict between the nanogrid
   concept and the current drafts in the EMAN working group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nordman-nanogrids

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nordman-nanogrids-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/