Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 05:50:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : More Accurate ECN Feedback in TCP
	Author(s)       : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is an IP/TCP mechanism where
   network nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to
   indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-capable receiver will
   feedback this information to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP in
   such a way that only one feedback signal can be transmitted per
   Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently, new TCP mechanisms like ConEx or
   DCTCP need more accurate ECN feedback information in the case where
   more than one marking is received in one RTT.  This documents
   specifies a different scheme for the ECN feedback in the TCP header
   to provide more than one feedback signal per RTT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/