Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ancp-pon-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:53:29 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks
    Author(s)     : N. Bitar, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-ancp-pon
    Pages         : 42 
    Date          : July 16, 2012 
    
The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of the  
     Access Node Control mechanism to PON-based broadband access. The 
     need for an Access Node Control mechanism between a Network 
     Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node Complex (a combination of 
     Optical Line Termination (OLT) and Optical Network Termination 
     (ONT) elements) is described in a multi-service reference 
     architecture in order to perform QoS-related, service-related and 
     Subscriber-related operations. The Access Node Control mechanism 
     is also extended for interaction between components of the Access 
     Node Complex (OLT and ONT). The Access Node Control mechanism 
     will ensure that the transmission of information between the NAS 
     and Access Node Complex (ANX) and between the OLT and ONT within 
     an ANX does not need to go through distinct element managers but 
     rather uses a direct device-to-device communication and stays on 
     net. This allows for performing access link related operations 
     within those network elements to meet performance objectives. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ancp-pon-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.