Subject: I-D Action: draft-rescorla-avtcore-random-cname-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:44:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Random algorithm for RTP CNAME generation
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-rescorla-avtcore-random-cname-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   RFC 6222 describes a number of mechanisms for generating a unique
   CNAME Unfortunately, these algorithms are rather complicated and also
   produce CNAMEs which in some cases are potentially linkable over
   multiple RTCP sessions even if a new CNAME is generated for each
   session.  This document specifies a replacement algorithm for the
   algorithm in Section 5 which does not have this limitation and is
   also simpler to implement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rescorla-avtcore-random-cname

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rescorla-avtcore-random-cname-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/