Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-homenet-naming-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:20:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Home Network Naming Delegation Architecture
	Author(s)       : Wouter Cloetens
                          Philippe Lemordant
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-homenet-naming-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-07-29

Abstract:
   This document describes the Naming Delegation Architecture that makes
   IPv6 Home Network globally reachable with Names or Fully Qualified
   Domain Names (FQDN).  In this architecture, the Customer Premise
   Equipment (CPE) acts as the DNS Authoritative Server of the Home
   Network also called the Delegated DNS Server.  The Naming Delegation
   is configured between the Delegated DNS Server and the Delegating DNS
   Server managed by the ISP.

   The use case considered in this document is an End User that
   subscribes its ISP a specific Delegated Domain for its Home Network.
   This document describes how the CPE automatically sets the Naming
   Delegation between the Delegating and Delegated DNS Server.

   The Naming Delegation is requested by the CPE.  The CPE DHCP Client
   and the ISP DHCP Server exchange DHCP Options to properly set the
   Naming Delegation.  More specifically, the CPE DHCP Client (resp. the
   ISP DHCP Server) configures the DNS(SEC) Zones of the Delegated DNS
   Server (resp. Delegating DNS Server).  For the Delegating DNS Server,
   the necessary pieces of information required to set the Naming
   Delegation are the IP address of the Delegated DNS Server, and if
   DNSSEC is used, the Delegation of Signing Information.  For the
   Delegated DNS Server, the necessary information is the Delegated
   Domain associated to the Home Network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-homenet-naming-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-homenet-naming-delegation-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/