Subject: I-D Action: draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:08:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Media multiplexing with Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) subsessions
	Author(s)       : Richard Ejzak
	Filename        : draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-07-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a means of multiplexing RTP streams having
   different media types within a single transport connection and a
   means of representing this multiplexing option in SDP so that network
   nodes can easily identify groups of RTP streams and their associated
   RTCP packets for differential treatment as necessary.  This mechanism
   can be used to complement the BUNDLE multiplexing scheme, which uses
   the grouping framework to identify all media lines associated with a
   single transport connection, but provides no means for network nodes
   to group RTP streams and their RTCP packets for differential
   treatment.  RTP subsessions is an alternative to the SHIM
   multiplexing proposal; it clearly partitions packets associated with
   different media lines without changing the format of individual RTP
   and RTCP packets, but it does not maintain a completely independent
   SSRC space for each media line, as does SHIM.  RTP subsessions avoid
   SSRC conflicts by construction and can be used in all RTP topologies
   in which all systems implement RTP subsessions, although SSRC mapping
   might be needed when forwarding RTP streams from an unpartitioned RTP
   session into an RTP subsession.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ejzak-avtcore-rtp-subsessions-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/