Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 02:31:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security option extensions for DHCP
	Author(s)       : Emily Bi
                          Serge Manning
                          Marcus Wong
                          Yang Cui
	Filename        : draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document defines a new option that can be used by DHCP servers
   to provision with DHCP clients specific security configuration
   information. It has been known that DHCP protocol typically works at
   the very beginning stage of the access to networks, thus lack of
   security protection. However, although it is difficult to set up some
   security mechanism for DHCP protocol solely, it is able to play a key
   role for DHCP server to provide configuration information to help
   building security mechanism within those pre-configured DHCP clients
   and devices. This new option defines a simple extension to current
   standard format and benefits to those who need to activate security
   mechanism in an early stage and interoperate within devices from
   multiple vendors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-dhc-sec-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/