Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:47:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Improved Recursive DNS Server Selection for Multi-Interfaced Nodes
	Author(s)       : Teemu Savolainen
                          Jun-ya Kato
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-12.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-08-02

Abstract:
   A multi-interfaced node is connected to multiple networks, some of
   which might be utilizing private DNS namespaces.  A node commonly
   receives recursive DNS server configuration information from all
   connected networks.  Some of the recursive DNS servers might have
   information about namespaces other servers do not have.  When a
   multi-interfaced node needs to utilize DNS, the node has to choose
   which of the recursive DNS servers to use.  This document describes
   DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options that can be used to configure nodes with
   information required to perform informed recursive DNS server
   selection decisions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mif-dns-server-selection-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/