Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-identifier-comparison-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:02:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Issues in Identifier Comparison for Security Purposes
	Author(s)       : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-iab-identifier-comparison-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-08-24

Abstract:
   Identifiers such as hostnames, URIs, and email addresses are often
   used in security contexts to identify security principals and
   resources.  In such contexts, an identifier supplied via some
   protocol is often compared against some policy to make security
   decisions such as whether the principal may access the resource, what
   level of authentication or encryption is required, etc.  If the
   parties involved in a security decision use different algorithms to
   compare identifiers, then failure scenarios ranging from denial of
   service to elevation of privilege can result.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-identifier-comparison

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-identifier-comparison-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-identifier-comparison-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/