Subject: I-D Action: draft-zinky-dtnrg-random-binary-fec-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:28:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Random Binary FEC Scheme for Bundle Protocol
	Author(s)       : John Zinky
                          Armando Caro
                          Gregory Stein
	Filename        : draft-zinky-dtnrg-random-binary-fec-scheme-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-08-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the Random Binary Forward Error Correcting
   (FEC) Scheme for the Erasure Coding Extension [ErasureCoding] to the
   DTN Bundle Protocol [RFC5050].  The Random Binary FEC scheme is a
   Fully-Specified FEC scheme adhering to the specification guidelines
   of the FEC Building Block [RFC5052].  The DTN Bundle protocol is used
   as the Content Delivery Protocol.  This FEC scheme is one of many
   possible FEC schemes that may be used by the Erasure Coding
   Extension.  The Random Binary FEC scheme has several properties that
   makes it efficient in the case where Data Objects are divided into
   hundreds to thousands of source-symbols and where the resources
   available of decoding are substantially greater than the resources
   available for encoding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zinky-dtnrg-random-binary-fec-scheme

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zinky-dtnrg-random-binary-fec-scheme-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/