Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 09:59:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability of LDP Label Advertisement Mode
	Author(s)       : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
                          Luca Martini
                          Nicolai Leymann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-08-08

Abstract:
   An LDP speaker negotiates the label advertisement mode with its LDP
   peer at the time of session establishment. Although different
   applications sharing the same LDP session may need different modes
   of label distribution and advertisement, there is only one type of
   label advertisement mode that is negotiated and used per LDP
   session. This document clarifies the use and the applicability of
   session's negotiated label advertisement mode, and categorizes LDP
   applications into two broad categories of negotiated mode-bound and
   mode-independent applications. The document also suggests an update
   to RFC 5036 and RFC 4447 to remove any ambiquity and conflict in the
   area of using correct label advertisement mode for a given
   application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applicability-label-adv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/