Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:40:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
	Author(s)       : Weiqiang Sun
                          Guoying Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2012-08-20

Abstract:
   When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
   MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
   necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
   programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
   completion of signaling process may be used by applications as
   indication that data path has become usable.  The existence of the
   inconsistency between the signaling messages and cross connection
   programing, and the possible failure of cross connection programming,
   if not properly treated, will result in data loss or even application
   failure.  Characterization of this performance can thus help
   designers to improve the application model and to build more robust
   applications.  This document defines a series of performance metrics
   to evaluate the connectivity of data path in the signaling process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/