Subject: I-D Action: draft-begen-avtext-retransmission-for-ssm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:50:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Retransmission for Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) Sessions
	Author(s)       : Ali Begen
                          Tom VanCaenegem
	Filename        : draft-begen-avtext-retransmission-for-ssm-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-08-09

Abstract:
   This document describes RTP retransmission for source-specific
   multicast (SSM) architectures with unicast feedback.  RTP payload
   format for retransmissions has been defined in RFC 4588, whereas the
   RTP profile an RTP receiver could use to issue RTP Control Protocol
   (RTCP) feedback messages and the format of these feedback messages
   have been defined in RFC 4585.  RFC 5760 defines the operation for
   SSM architectures with unicast feedback.

   First, we document potential issues that could arise when providing a
   retransmission service using RTP retransmission (RFC 4588 and RFC
   4585) for RFC 5760 architectures based on rules described in the
   relevant RFCs.  We then present solutions that allow to avoid
   unnecessary feedback suppression, provide enhanced retransmission
   services and address congestion control for retransmission in an SSM
   environment.  These solutions specify certain rules that apply to the
   distribution source, feedback target(s), retransmission source(s) and
   RTP receivers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-begen-avtext-retransmission-for-ssm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-begen-avtext-retransmission-for-ssm-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/