Subject: I-D Action: draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:24:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Indicating Fax over IP Capability in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : David Hanes
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Kevin P. Fleming
	Filename        : draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-08-14

Abstract:
   This document defines and registers with IANA the new 'fax' media
   feature tag for use with the Session Initialization Protocol (SIP).
   Currently, fax calls are indistinguishable from voice at call setup.
   Consequently, fax calls can be routed to SIP user agents that are not
   fax capable.  A 'fax' media feature tag implemented in conjunction
   with RFC 3841 allows for more accurate fax call routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/