Subject: I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-nai-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 02:51:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Network Access Identifier
	Author(s)       : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-nai-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-08-28

Abstract:
   In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
   standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
   syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
   submitted by the client during network authentication.  "Roaming" may
   be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
   Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
   relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
   might be required include ISP "confederations" and ISP-provided
   corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
   of RFC 4282 [RFC4282], which addresses issues with international
   character sets, as well as a number of other corrections to the
   previous document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekok-radext-nai

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dekok-radext-nai-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dekok-radext-nai-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/