Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:31:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for High Performance
	Author(s)       : David Borman
                          Bob Braden
                          Van Jacobson
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2012-08-02

Abstract:
   This memo presents a set of TCP extensions to improve performance
   over large bandwidth*delay product paths and to provide reliable
   operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines TCP options for
   scaled windows and timestamps, which are designed to provide
   compatible interworking with TCP's that do not implement the
   extensions.  The timestamps are used for two distinct mechanisms:
   RTTM (Round Trip Time Measurement) and PAWS (Protection Against
   Wrapped Sequences).  Selective acknowledgments are not included in
   this memo.

   This memo updates and obsoletes RFC 1323.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/