Subject: I-D Action: draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 04:07:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RPL Routing Pathology In a Network With a Mix of Nodes Operating in Storing and Non-Storing Modes
	Author(s)       : JeongGil Ko
                          Jongsoo Jeong
                          Jongjun Park
                          Jong Arm Jun
                          Naesoo Kim
                          Omprakash Gnawali
	Filename        : draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-08-17

Abstract:
   Nodes can run RPL in storing or non-storing modes for downward
   routing.  When a downward-bound packet traverses a node running in
   storing to a node running in non-storing mode, there is a routing
   pathology that makes the packet bounce between the two nodes.  Due to
   this pathology, the packet never reaches the destination if it lies
   beyond these nodes in the multi-hop path.  The solution is to mandate
   that all the nodes parse and interpret source routing headers and
   storing nodes to sometimes act like non-storing mode root.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/