Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:52:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake 3rd
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-08-26

Abstract:
   At the edg of TRILL campus, some RBridges provide end-station
   services to their attached end stations; these RBridges are called
   edge RBridges.  To avoid potential frame duplication or loops in
   TRILL campus, only one edge RBridge is permitted to provide such
   services in a VLAN at all times to its attached end stations even
   they are also attached to other edge RBridges.  However, in some
   application scenarios, for example in Link Aggregation Group (LAG),
   more than one edge RBridge is required to provide such services to an
   end station even in a VLAN to improve resiliency and maximize the
   available network bandwidth, which causes the flip-flopping of the
   egress RBridge nickname for such an end station in remote RBridges'
   forwarding tables.  In this document, the concept of Virtual RBridge,
   along with its pseudo-nickname, is introduced to address the above
   problem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/