Subject: I-D Action: draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:21:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The MessageBroker WebSocket Subprotocol
	Author(s)       : Mark Hapner
                          Clebert Suconic
	Filename        : draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-08-04

Abstract:
   The WebSocket protocol [I-D.ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol] provides
   a subprotocol extension facility.  The MessageBroker WebSocket
   Subprotocol (MBWS) is a WebSocket Subprotocol used by messaging
   clients to send messages to, and receive messages from an internet
   message broker (herein called a message broker).  A message broker is
   a messaging intermediary that queues messages sent by its clients for
   asynchronous delivery to its clients.

   Messages are addressed to message-broker-specific address names.
   Clients send messages to addresses and consume messages from
   addresses.  Clients do not send messages directly to other clients.

   Message brokers provide a range of functionality that is outside the
   scope of MBWS.  Typically an internet message broker provides a REST
   API for working with this functionality; such as configuring client
   credentials; setting client access controls; configuring address
   routing; etc.

   MBWS limits its scope to the definition of a WebSocket subprotocol
   that provides a full duplex, reliable message transport protocol
   between message brokers and their clients; and, between message
   brokers.

   Since reliable message transport is often independent of a broker's
   particular features, MBWS can be used as the message transport
   protocol for a wide range of message brokers.

   The MBWS subprotocol defines a binary message frame and a text
   message frame.  Both types of frame carry the same protocol; however,
   the protocol bindings differ slightly.  The binary frame is a
   WebSocket binary message that contains an MBWS binary header followed
   by a binary message body.  The text frame is a WebSocket UTF-8 text
   message that contains an MBWS text header followed by a text message
   body.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hapner-hybi-messagebroker-subprotocol-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/