Subject: I-D Action: draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:35:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHC Load Balancing Algorithm for DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Andre Kostur
	Filename        : draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2012-08-28

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method of algorithmic load balancing for
   DHCPv6 traffic.  It enables multiple, cooperating servers to decide
   which one should service a client, without exchanging any information
   beyond initial configuration.  The server selection is based on the
   servers hashing client DHCP Unique Identifiers (DUIDs) when multiple
   IPv6 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) servers are
   available to service DHCPv6 clients.  The proposed technique provides
   for efficient server selection when multiple DHCPv6 servers offer
   services on a network without requiring any changes to existing
   DHCPv6 clients.  The same method is proposed to select the target
   server of a DHCPv6 relay.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/