Subject: I-D Action: draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:58:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
	Author(s)       : Robert Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2012-08-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
   Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
   EXchange (HIP BEX) [rfc5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
   crypto primitives as possible yet still deliver the same class of
   security features as HIP BEX.

   The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
   memory and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
   used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
   directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
   is supported by IEEE 802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2011].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/