Subject: I-D Action: draft-mjsraman-pce-inter-as-p2mp-protect-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:14:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Constructing protection paths for inter-AS, inter-sub-AS P2MP TE-LSPs
	Author(s)       : Shankar Raman
                          Balaji Venkat Venkat
                          Gaurav Raina
	Filename        : draft-mjsraman-pce-inter-as-p2mp-protect-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-08-01

Abstract:
   Constructing primary and backup explicit path Point-to-Multipoint
   Label Switched Paths is important from the point of view of providing
   protection switching in case the primary fails.

   It is absolutely essential that the backup P2MP LSPs constructed do
   not share risk with any of the links and nodes of the primary path.
   In the case of inter-AS P2MP TE-LSPs or in the case of inter-sub-AS
   (in the case of BGP-Confederations being deployed) P2MP TE-LSPs where
   BGP confederations are deployed within an AS, such protection
   switching can be provided by calculating primary and backup multicast
   distribution trees (read P2MP TE-LSPs) that dont intersect with each
   other.

   In this paper we propose a method by which inter-sub-AS P2MP TE-LSPs
   (hence even inter-AS P2MP TE-LSPs) can be constructed by first
   finding the AS level topology of the network (be it inter-AS or
   inter-sub-AS within a single AS) in question and secondly to compute
   the paths in such a way that they dont intersect or if necessary in
   the worst case partially intersect each other. The proposed scheme is
   explained with an example and subsequent discussion is done to
   elucidate its benefits to multicast in particular.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mjsraman-pce-inter-as-p2mp-protect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-pce-inter-as-p2mp-protect-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mjsraman-pce-inter-as-p2mp-protect-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/