Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:42:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2012-08-18

Abstract:
   Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby a domain can
   explicitly authorize the hosts that are allowed to use its domain
   name, and a receiving host can check such authorization.

   This document obsoletes RFC4408.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/