Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:47:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Neighbor Discovery Optimization for Low Power and Lossy Networks (6LoWPAN)
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
                          Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-20.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2012-08-19

Abstract:
   The IETF 6LoWPAN work defines IPv6 over Low-power Wireless Personal
   Area Networks such as IEEE 802.15.4.  This and other similar link
   technologies have limited or no usage of multicast signaling due to
   energy conservation.  In addition, the wireless network may not
   strictly follow the traditional concept of IP subnets and IP links.
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery was not designed for non-transitive wireless
   links, as its reliance on the traditional IPv6 link concept and its
   heavy use of multicast make it inefficient and sometimes impractical
   in a low-power and lossy network.  This document describes simple
   optimizations to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, its addressing mechanisms
   and duplicate address detection for Low-power Wireless Personal Area
   Networks and similar networks.  The document thus updates RFC 4944 to
   specify the use of the optimizations defined here.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd-20

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/