Subject: I-D Action: draft-miniero-rtcweb-http-fallback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:59:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Fallback for RTP Media Streams
	Author(s)       : Lorenzo Miniero
	Filename        : draft-miniero-rtcweb-http-fallback-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-08-07

Abstract:
   Almost all VoIP endpoints, especially SIP and RTCWEB ones, make use
   of RTP to tranport media frames in real-time and communicate with
   each other.  Since RTP uses UDP, the presence of network elements
   that filter UDP packets and/or only allow some protocols like SMTP or
   HTTP to pass through would make such a communication very hard to
   accomplish, if not impossible.

   This draft describes a way to implement an HTTP Fallback for RTP
   media streams, that is, a way to effectively encapsulate RTP packets
   in HTTP messages in order to traverse proxies and firewalls.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-miniero-rtcweb-http-fallback

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-miniero-rtcweb-http-fallback-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/