Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 05:31:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP 1toN Protection
	Author(s)       : Eric Osborne
                          Fei Zhang
                          Yaacov Weingarten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-08-06

Abstract:
   As part of the Transport Profile for Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS-TP) there is a requirement to support 1:n linear protection for
   transport paths.  This requirement is elaborated on in the MPLS-TP
   Survivability Framework document [SurvivFwk].  The basic protocol for
   linear protection was specified in the MPLS-TP Linear Protection
   document [LinProt] but is limited to 1+1 and 1:1 protection.  This
   document extends the protocol defined there to address the additional
   functionality necessary to support scenarios of a single protection
   path preconfigured to provide protection of multiple transport paths
   between two joint endpoints.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1ton-protection-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/