Subject: I-D Action: draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:53:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 packet staining
	Author(s)       : Tyson Macaulay
	Filename        : draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-08-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies the application of security staining on an
   IPv6 datagrams and the minimum requirements for IPv6 nodes staining
   flows, IPv6 nodes forwarding stained packets within a given domain of
   control, and nodes interpreting stains on flows.

   The usage of the packet staining destination option enables proactive
   delivery of security intelligence to IPv6 nodes such as firewalls and
   intrusion prevention systems, and end-points such servers,
   workstations, mobile and smart devices and an infinite array of as-
   yet-to-be-invented sensors and controllers.

   The usage of packet staining is not intended for use across the open
   internet, where fragmentation issues associated with increased header
   size may induce service degradation; packet staining is intended as a
   security adjunct within a given doamin of control such as an carrier
   or enterprise network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-macaulay-6man-packet-stain-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/