Subject: I-D Action: draft-mclaggan-wccp-v2rev1-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:22:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Web Cache Communication Protocol V2, Revision 1
	Author(s)       : Douglas J. McLaggan
	Filename        : draft-mclaggan-wccp-v2rev1-00.txt
	Pages           : 92
	Date            : 2012-08-02

Abstract:
   This document describes version 2 of the Web Cache Communication
   Protocol (WCCP).  The WCCP V2 protocol specifies interactions between
   one or more routers and one or more web-caches.  The interaction may
   take place within an IPv4 or IPv6 network.  The purpose of the
   interaction is to establish and maintain the transparent redirection
   of selected types of traffic flowing through a group of routers (or
   similar devices).  The selected traffic is redirected to a group of
   web-caches (or other traffic optimisation devices) with the aim of
   optimising resource usage and lowering response times.

   The protocol does not specify any interaction between the web-caches
   within a group or between a web-cache and a web-server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mclaggan-wccp-v2rev1

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mclaggan-wccp-v2rev1-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/