Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 08:02:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Updating TCP to support Application-Limited Traffic
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Arjuna Sathiaseelan
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-08-06

Abstract:
   This document addresses issues that arise when TCP is used to support
   traffic that exhibits periods where the transmission rate is limited
   by the application rather than the congestion window.  It updates TCP
   to allow a TCP sender to restart quickly following either an idle or
   application-limited interval.  The method is expected to benefit
   application-limited TCP applications, while also providing an
   appropriate response if congestion is experienced.

   It also evaluates TCP Congestion Window Validation, CWV, an IETF
   experimental specification defined in RFC 2861, and concludes that
   CWV sought to address important issues, but failed to deliver a
   widely used solution.  This document therefore proposes an update to
   the status of RFC 2861 by recommending it is moved from Experimental
   to Historic status, and that it is replaced by the current
   specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fairhurst-tcpm-newcwv-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/