Subject: I-D Action: draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:11:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Larger Loopback Prefix for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Mark Smith
	Filename        : draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-08-17

Abstract:
   During the development of a network application, it can be useful to
   run multiple instances of the application using the same transport
   layer protocol port on the same development host, while also having
   network access to the application instances limited to the local
   host.  Under IPv4, this has been possible by using different loopback
   addresses within 127/8.  It is not possible under IPv6, as the
   loopback prefix of ::1/128 only provides a single loopback address.
   This memo proposes a new larger loopback prefix that will provide
   many loopback IPv6 addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/