Subject: I-D Action: draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:55:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The With-MAC key-wrapping algorithm for Cryptographic Message Syntax
	Author(s)       : Jonathan C. Herzog
                          Roger Khazan
	Filename        : draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-08-27

Abstract:
   This document describes a new key-wrapping algorithm to be used in
   the EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and AuthEnvelopedData structures
   of the Cryptographic Message Syntax.  Because these structures do not
   provide data-origin authentication, a recipient cannot
   cryptographically verify that the plaintext received was the
   plaintext encapsulated by the message's original sender.  The With-
   MAC key-wrapping algorithm allows an EncryptedKey value to hold both
   a wrapped symmetric key and a MAC value on the data to be
   authenticated.  When used in EnvelopedData, AuthenticatedData and
   AuthEnvelopedData structures, therefore, these structures can achieve
   data-origin authentication (in some circumstances) using only
   symmetric-key algorithms.  This is useful in cases where the
   structures must be generated by entities without certified digital-
   signature keys.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herzog-withmac-keywrap-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/