Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-decade-ni-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:48:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Naming Things with Hashes
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
                          Dirk Kutscher
                          Christian Dannewitz
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Ari Keranen
                          Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-farrell-decade-ni-10.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-08-03

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of ways to identify a thing (a digital
   object in this case) using the output from a hash function,
   specifying a new URI scheme for this, a way to map those to http
   URLs, and binary and human "speakable" formats for these names.  The
   various formats are designed to support, but not require, a strong
   link to the referenced object such that the referenced object may be
   authenticated to the same degree as the reference to it.  This work
   is motivated as a way to standardise current uses of hash outputs in
   URLs and to support new information-centric applications and other
   uses of hash outputs in protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-decade-ni

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-decade-ni-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrell-decade-ni-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/