Subject: I-D Action: draft-sabatini-tdlc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:14:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TDLC, An improved "Selective Repeat" protocol.
	Author(s)       : Anthony Sabatini
	Filename        : draft-sabatini-tdlc-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-08-27

Abstract:
   This paper describes an extremely efficient and reliable real-time
   "Selective Repeat" protocol that was implemented as the backbone
   transmission protocol for the largest financial information network
   in the United States during the 1980's and 1990's.  The protocol is
   capable of working efficiently in all environments including those
   with substantial delay and high error or congestion rates,
   transmitting optimally down to the point that there is one error per
   block, never resending a block that has been received correctly and
   always sending the blocks in an order which is optimal for
   expeditious delivery.  This protocol represents a new way of looking
   at "Selective Repeat" protocols and the concepts it introduces have
   wide applicability in other protocols.  It works equally well in
   point to multi-point environments as it does point to point ones.  It
   has been used as both a link level and a transport level protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sabatini-tdlc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sabatini-tdlc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/