Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-http-rest-auth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:20:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RESTful Authentication Pattern for the Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP)
	Author(s)       : Nicolas Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-http-rest-auth-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-08-15

Abstract:
   This document proposes a "RESTful" pattern of authentication for
   HTTP/1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.  The goal is to make it easy to add
   authentication mechanisms to HTTP and to make it easy to implement
   them even without much help from the HTTP stack (though it is best to
   integrate authentication into the stack, of course).

   Among other benefits of RESTauth: it is orthogonal to "HTTP routers"
   and proxies, it results in session Uniform Resource Identifiers
   (URIs) that can be DELETEd to logout, naturally supports multi-legged
   authentication schemes, and it can be universally implemented on the
   server side with the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and FastCGI.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-http-rest-auth

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-http-rest-auth-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-williams-http-rest-auth-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/