Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 15:41:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Request History Information
	Author(s)       : Mary Barnes
                          Francois Audet
                          Shida Schubert
                          Detecon International Gmbh
                          Christer Holmberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-09-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a standard mechanism for capturing the history
   information associated with a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   request.  This capability enables many enhanced services by providing
   the information as to how and why a SIP request arrives at a specific
   application or user.  This document defines an optional SIP header
   field, History-Info, for capturing the history information in
   requests.  The document also defines SIP header field parameters for
   the History-Info and Contact header fields to tag the method by which
   the target of a request is determined.  In addition, this
   specification defines a value for the Privacy header field that
   directs the anonymization of values in the History-Info header field.
   This document obsoletes RFC 4244.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/