Subject: I-D Action: draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:43:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance: Use Cases, Architecture and Protocol Requirements
	Author(s)       : Henning Schulzrinne
                          Walter Johnston
                          James Miller
	Filename        : draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-09-20

Abstract:
   Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for
   network diagnostics by providers and users, as well for as public
   policy.  To conduct such measurements, user networks gather data,
   either on their own initiative or instructed by a measurement
   controller, and then upload the measurement results to a designated
   measurement server.  This document describes a logical architecture
   and summarizes key requirements for protocols to connect the
   components.  The system is designed to support residential and small-
   enterprise networks, using either wired or wireless networks.  The
   architecture supports an extensible set of active and passive
   measurements, but the details of the metrics themselves are beyond
   the scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/