Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:47:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Multiplexing Extension for WebSockets
	Author(s)       : John A. Tamplin
                          Takeshi Yoshino
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-06.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2012-09-19

Abstract:
   The WebSocket Protocol [RFC6455] requires a new transport connection
   for every WebSocket connection.  This presents a scalability problem
   when many clients connect to the same server, and is made worse by
   having multiple clients running in different tabs of the same user
   agent.  This extension provides a way for separate logical WebSocket
   connections to share an underlying transport connection.

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/