Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 05:41:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6LoWPAN Roadmap and Implementation Guide
	Author(s)       : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-09-06

Abstract:
   6LoWPAN is defined in RFC 4944 in conjunction with a number of
   specifications that are currently nearing completion.  The entirety
   of these specifications may be hard to understand, pose specific
   implementation problems, or be simply inconsistent.

   The present guide aims to provide a roadmap to these documents as
   well as provide specific advice how to use these specifications in
   combination.  In certain cases, it may provide clarifications or even
   corrections to the specifications referenced.

   This guide is intended as a continued work-in-progress, i.e. a long-
   lived Internet-Draft, to be updated whenever new information becomes
   available and new consensus on how to handle issues is formed.
   Similar to the ROHC implementation guide, RFC 4815, it might be
   published as an RFC at some future time later in the acceptance curve
   of the specifications.

   This document does not describe a new protocol or attempt to set a
   new standard of any kind - it mostly describes good practice in using
   the existing specifications, but it may also document emerging
   consensus where a correction needs to be made.

   The current version -02 of this document is an early draft that is
   intended to spark the further collection of relevant information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-6lowpan-roadmap-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/