Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:54:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Low Extra Delay Background Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
	Author(s)       : Stanislav Shalunov
                          Greg Hazel
                          Janardhan Iyengar
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-10.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-09-25

Abstract:
   LEDBAT is an experimental delay-based congestion control algorithm
   that seeks to utilize the available bandwidth on an end-to-end path
   while limiting the consequent increase in queueing delay on that
   path.  LEDBAT uses changes in one-way delay measurements to limit
   congestion that the flow itself induces in the network.  LEDBAT is
   designed for use by background bulk-transfer applications to be no
   more aggressive than standard TCP congestion control (as specified in
   RFC5681) and to yield in the presence of competing flows, thus
   limiting interference with the network performance of competing
   flows.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/