Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-dmm-lisp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 19:13:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Distributed Mobility Management Solution in LISP networks
	Author(s)       : Hongke Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-dmm-lisp-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-09-03

Abstract:
       In traditional Internet architectures, current centralized mobility
       management solutions face scalability issues due to the creation of
       network bottlenecks and a single mobility agent of failures. To
       address these issues, we propose a Distributed Mobility Management
       solution in Locator/ID Separation Protocol (DMMLISP). We divide the
       network into many domains according to the area of Autonomous
       Systems (ASs). Each domain consists of a Mapping Server and several
       Tunnel Routers (xTRs). The Mapping Server stores global mappings
       between EID (Endpoint Identifier) prefixes and AS Numbers (ASNs) to
       lookup the mobile nodes'(MNs') home domain. Meanwhile, the Mapping
       Server also contains ASN-to-xTR mappings so that it can forward Map-
       Register and Map-Request messages to any xTR of the MN's home domain,
       thus enhancing reliability. In addition, the xTRs in each domain
       constitute one-hop DHT (Distributed Hash Table). Moreover, any xTR
       in the MN's home domain may be the home agent of MNs, and the MNs'
       EID-to-RLOC (Routing Locator) mapping is stored in two xTRs using
       two hash functions. In this way, it not only supports quick lookup
       but also improves scalability and survivability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-dmm-lisp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-dmm-lisp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/