Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:28:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving Peer Selection in Peer-to-peer Applications: Myths vs. Reality
	Author(s)       : Enrico Marocco
                          Antonio Fusco
                          Ivica Rimac
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
	Filename        : draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-09-20

Abstract:
   Peer-to-peer traffic optimization techniques that aim at improving
   locality in the peer selection process have attracted great interest
   in the research community and have been subject of much discussion.
   Some of this discussion has produced controversial myths, some rooted
   in reality while others remain unfounded.  This document evaluates
   the most prominent myths attributed to P2P optimization techniques by
   referencing the most relevant study (or studies) that have addressed
   facts pertaining to the myth.  Using these studies, we hope to either
   confirm or refute each specific myth.

   This document is a product of the IRTF P2PRG (peer-to-peer research
   group).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/