Subject: I-D Action: draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:05:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : AFSVol Tag-Length-Value Remote Procedure Call Extensions
	Author(s)       : Thomas Keiser
                          Steven Jenkins
                          Andrew Deason
	Filename        : draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv-04.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2012-09-11

Abstract:
   AFS-3 is a distributed file system based upon prototypes developed at
   Carnegie Mellon University during the 1980s.  AFS-3 heavily leverages
   Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs) as the foundation for its distributed
   architecture.  This memo extends the volume management interface to
   support getting and setting of AFS volume attributes via an
   extensible Tag-Length-Value (TLV) encoding, which is based upon AFS-3
   extensible discriminated unions.  TLV-based get and set RPCs are
   specified, along with a tag enumeration RPC.

   In addition, tags are allocated for existing volume and transaction
   metadata, and implementation-private tags are allocated for metadata
   related to the OpenAFS Demand Attach File Server, and the RxOSD
   protocol suite.

Internet Draft Comments

   Comments regarding this draft are solicited.  Please include the
   AFS-3 protocol standardization mailing list
   ([email-masked]) as a recipient of any comments.

AFS-3 Document State

   This document is in state "draft", as per the document state
   definitions set forth in [I-D.wilkinson-afs3-standardisation].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tkeiser-afs3-volser-tlv-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/