Subject: I-D Action: draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:49:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) Use Cases
	Author(s)       : David Waltermire
                          Adam W. Montville
	Filename        : draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-09-07

Abstract:
   This document identifies foundational use cases, derived functional
   capabilities and requirements, architectural components, and the
   supporting standards needed to define an interoperable,
   automation\infrastructure required to support timely, accurate and
   actionable situational awareness over an organization's IT systems.
   Automation tools implementing a continuous monitoring approach will
   utilize this infrastructure together with existing and emerging
   event, incident and network management standards to provide
   visibility into the state of assets, user activities and network
   \behavior.  Stakeholders will be able to use these tools to aggregate
   and analyze relevant security and operational data to understand the
   organizations security posture, quantify business risk, and make
   informed decisions that support organizational objectives while
   protecting critical information.  Organizations will be able to use
   these tools to augment and automate information sharing activities to
   collaborate with partners to identify and mitigate threats.  Other
   automation tools will be able to integrate with these capabilities to
   enforce policies based on human decisions to harden systems, prevent
   misuse and reduce the overall attack surface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/