Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:13:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Use of the RTP Monitoring Framework
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Geoff Hunt
                          Philip Arden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-19.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-09-10

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an extensible RTP monitoring framework for
   extending RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) with a new RTCP Extended
   Reports (XR) block type to report new metrics regarding media
   transmission or reception quality.  In this framework, a new XR block
   should contain a single metric or a small number of metrics relevant
   to a single parameter of interest or concern, rather than containing
   a number of metrics which attempt to provide full coverage of all
   those parameters of concern to a specific application.  Applications
   may then "mix and match" to create a set of blocks which covers their
   set of concerns.  Where possible, a specific block should be designed
   to be re-usable across more than one application, for example, for
   all of voice, streaming audio and video.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-19

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/