Subject: I-D Action: draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:40:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Content De-duplication for CDNi Optimization
	Author(s)       : WeiYi Jin
                          Mian Li
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
	Filename        : draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-09-26

Abstract:
   Recent explosive growth of content delivery/distribution networks
   (CDNs) and their interconnection are causing unintended repetition of
   content storage in the same dCDN.  This can be avoided by using a
   suitable de-duplication mechanism.  This document explores the
   scenarios which create the problems, and then discusses the
   approaches to eliminate the duplicated transmission of the same
   content from uCDN(s) to dCDN in CDNi networks.  To implement the
   optimization, some enhancements to the CDNi metadata model and
   interface are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/