Subject: I-D Action: draft-fielding-http-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:11:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Key HTTP Response Header Field
	Author(s)       : Roy T. Fielding
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-fielding-http-key-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-09-12

Abstract:
   The 'Key' header field for HTTP responses allows an origin server to
   describe the cache key for a negotiated response: a short algorithm
   that can be used upon later requests to determine if the same
   response is reusable.  Key has the advantage of avoiding an
   additional round trip for validation whenever a new request differs
   slightly, but not significantly, from prior requests.  Key also
   informs user agents of the request characteristics that might result
   in different content, which can be useful if the user agent is not
   sending Accept* fields in order to reduce the risk of fingerprinting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fielding-http-key

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fielding-http-key-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/