Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:16:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A set of SASL and GSS-API Mechanisms for OAuth
	Author(s)       : William Mills
                          Tim Showalter
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2012-09-16

Abstract:
   OAuth enables a third-party application to obtain limited access to a
   protected resource, either on behalf of a resource owner by
   orchestrating an approval interaction, or by allowing the third-party
   application to obtain access on its own behalf.

   This document defines how an application client uses credentials
   obtained via OAuth over the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
   (SASL) or the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface
   (GSS-API) to access a protected resource at a resource serve.
   Thereby, it enables schemes defined within the OAuth framework for
   non-HTTP-based application protocols.

   Clients typically store the user's long term credential.  This does,
   however, lead to significant security vulnerabilities, for example,
   when such a credential leaks.  A significant benefit of OAuth for
   usage in those clients is that the password is replaced by a token.
   Tokens typically provided limited access rights and can be managed
   and revoked separately from the user's long-term credential
   (password).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-sasl-oauth-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/