Subject: I-D Action: draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:00:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hierarchical ALTO
	Author(s)       : Yalin Cao
                          Lichun Li
                          Fei Zhang
	Filename        : draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-09-09

Abstract:
   The ALTO Service allows applications to obtain network information
   for optimizing their traffic.  An ALTO server maintains ALTO data and
   provides ALTO services to its clients.  In a big network, a single
   ALTO server could a bottleneck in performance.  To increase the
   scalability of ALTO, this document proposes a hierarchical
   architecture for ALTO.  This architecture allows collecting ALTO
   information and/or providing ALTO services in a distributed manner.
   An ISP can deploy multiple ALTO servers in a hierarchical
   architecture to improve scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cao-alto-hierarchical-alto-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/