Subject: I-D Action: draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:28:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Indicating Fax over IP Capability in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : David Hanes
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Kevin P. Fleming
	Filename        : draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-09-04

Abstract:
   This document defines and registers with IANA the new 'fax' media
   feature tag for use with SIP.  Currently, fax calls are
   indistinguishable from voice at call setup.  Consequently, fax calls
   can be routed to SIP user agents that are not fax capable.  A 'fax'
   media feature tag implemented in conjunction with RFC 3841 allows for
   more accurate fax call routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/