Subject: I-D Action: draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:57:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Default Router List Option for DHCPv6 (DRLO)
	Author(s)       : Alexandru Petrescu
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Christophe Janneteau
                          Maximilien Mouton
	Filename        : draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-09-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies an experimental DHCPv6 default route option
   which provisions static routing information to client nodes.  The
   option facilitates central configuration of a multi-access client
   node's default router list with the IPv6 address, MAC address, and
   lifetime of the route, which is preferred in certain multi-access
   network environments.  In addition, the DHCP option defined in this
   document can provide operational simplicity in network coverage
   extension scenarios using inexpensive (and limited resource)
   consumer-grade equipment.  Finally, the proposed DHCP option has been
   implemented and tested in practice; its experimental use points to
   benefits with respect to reduced signaling and energy consumption
   compared to existing default route configuration mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mouton-mif-dhcpv6-drlo-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/