Subject: I-D Action: draft-manning-opcode-discover-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 03:54:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DISCOVER: Supporting Multicast DNS Queries
	Author(s)       : Bill Manning
	Filename        : draft-manning-opcode-discover-07.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-09-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the DISCOVER opcode, an experimental
   extension to the Domain Name System (DNS) to use multicast queries
   for resource discovery. This opcode was tested in experiments run
   during 1995 and 1996 for the TBDS project. This project is no longer
   active and there are no current plans to restart. TBDS was the first known
   use of multicast transport for DNS.  A client multicasts a DNS
   query using the DISCOVER opcode and processes the multiple responses
   that may result.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-manning-opcode-discover

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manning-opcode-discover-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-manning-opcode-discover-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/