Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-trill-vlan-assign-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 00:48:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Adaptive VLAN Assignment for Data Center RBridges
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-trill-vlan-assign-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-09-06

Abstract:
   If RBridges are casually assigned as Appointed Forwarders for VLANs
   without considering the number of MAC addresses and traffic load of
   these VLANs, it may overload some of the RBridges while leave other
   RBridges lightly loaded, which reduces the scalability of a RBridge
   network and undermines its performance.

   A new mechanism is designed in this document to support the adaptive
   VLAN assignment (or Appointed Forwarder selection) based on the
   forwarders' reporting of their usage of MAC tables and available
   bandwidth.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-trill-vlan-assign

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-trill-vlan-assign-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-trill-vlan-assign-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/