Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:45:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Kerberos Principal Name Canonicalization and KDC-Generated Cross-Realm Referrals
	Author(s)       : Painless Security
                          Kenneth Raeburn
                          Larry Zhu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-15.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-09-23

Abstract:
   The memo documents a method for a Kerberos Key Distribution Center
   (KDC) to respond to client requests for Kerberos tickets when the
   client does not have detailed configuration information on the realms
   of users or services.  The KDC will handle requests for principals in
   other realms by returning either a referral error or a cross-realm
   TGT to another realm on the referral path.  The clients will use this
   referral information to reach the realm of the target principal and
   then receive the ticket.  This memo also provides a mechanism for
   verifying that a request has not been tampered with in transit.  This
   memo updates RFC 4120.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/