Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 08:21:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Failover Design
	Author(s)       : Tomasz Mrugalski
                          Kim Kinnear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-01.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2012-09-07

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 defined in [RFC3315] does not offer server redundancy.  This
   document defines a design for DHCPv6 failover, a mechanism for
   running two servers on the same network with capability for either
   server to take over clients' leases in case of server failure or
   network partition.  This is a DHCPv6 Failover design document, it is
   not protocol specification document.  It is a second document in a
   planned series of three documents.  DHCPv6 failover requirements are
   specified in [I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-requirements].  A protocol
   specification document is planned to follow this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/