Subject: I-D Action: draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:39:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Asset Identification
	Author(s)       : Adam W. Montville
	Filename        : draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2012-09-23

Abstract:
   Asset identification plays an important role in an organization's
   ability to quickly correlate different sets of information about
   assets.  This document provides the necessary constructs to uniquely
   identify assets based on known identifiers and/or known information
   about the assets.  This document describes the purpose of asset
   identification, a data model for identifying assets, methods for
   identifying assets, and guidance on how to use asset identification.
   It also identifies a number of known use cases for asset
   identification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-montville-sacm-asset-identification-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/