Subject: I-D Action: draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:51:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Control Plane for Network Virtualized Overlays
	Author(s)       : Thomas D. Nadeau
                          John E. Drake
                          Ravi Shekhar
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Aldrin Isaac
	Filename        : draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-09-17

Abstract:
        The purpose of this document is to describe how Ethernet Virtual
        Private Network (E-VPN) can be used as the control plane for
        Network Virtual Overlays.  Currently this protocol is defined to
        act as the control plane for Virtual Extensible Local Area
        Network (VXLAN), Network Virtualization using Generic Routing
        Encapsulation (NVGRE), MPLS or VLANs while maintaining their
        existing data plane encapsulations. The intent is that this
        protocol will be capable of extensions in the future to handle
        additinal data plane encapsulations and functions as needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/