Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhatia-zhang-pim-auth-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 02:54:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : In-Band Authentication Extension for Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-bhatia-zhang-pim-auth-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-09-06

Abstract:
   Existing security mechanisms for the Protocol Independent Multicast -
   Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) routing protocol mandates to use IPsec to
   provide message authenticity and integrity.  This draft proposes an
   embedded authentication mechanism to facilitate data origin
   authentication and integrity verification for PIM packets in the
   cases where IPsec is not applied.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhatia-zhang-pim-auth-extension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhatia-zhang-pim-auth-extension-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bhatia-zhang-pim-auth-extension-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/