Subject: I-D Action: draft-pentikousis-decade-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:35:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DECADE Server Discovery
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
	Filename        : draft-pentikousis-decade-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-09-13

Abstract:
   A DECADE system must provide discovery mechanisms which enable the
   automatic configuration of DECADE clients with all information
   necessary to contact appropriate DECADE servers in the network.
   Typically, this configuration information would include the domain
   name or IP address of each DECADE server that should be considered by
   the client.  Ideally, a DECADE discovery mechanism should capitalize
   upon existing Internet protocols, such as DHCP, which is widely
   deployed today.  This document discusses DECADE server discovery and,
   as a first step towards automatic discovery, specifies how a DECADE
   client can obtain server location information using DHCP.  To this
   end, it defines two DHCPv6 options which can be used to automatically
   provision the domain name or IP address of suitable servers in a
   DECADE system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pentikousis-decade-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pentikousis-decade-discovery-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/