Subject: I-D Action: draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:55:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Multicast DNS
	Author(s)       : Kerry Lynn
                          Don Sturek
	Filename        : draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-09-25

Abstract:
   Multicast DNS (mDNS) provides the ability to perform DNS-like
   operations on the local link in the absence of any conventional
   unicast DNS server.  Extended mDNS (xmDNS) extends the specification
   of mDNS to site-local scope in order to support multi-hop LANs that
   forward multicast packets but do not provide a unicast DNS service.

   Like mDNS, xmDNS designates a portion of the DNS namespace to apply
   to the site-local network and specifies rules for its use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lynn-homenet-site-mdns-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/