Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:53:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPF Hybrid Broadcast and P2MP Interface Type
	Author(s)       : Nischal Sheth
                          Lili Wang
                          Jeffrey Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-09-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to model a broadcast network as a
   hybrid of broadcast and point-to-multipoint networks for purposes of
   OSPF operation.  Neighbor discovery and maintenance as well as Link
   State Advertisement (LSA) database synchronization are performed
   using the broadcast model, but the network is represented using the
   point-to-multipoint model in the router LSAs of the routers connected
   to it.  This allows an accurate representation of the cost of
   communication between different routers on the network, while
   maintaining the network efficiency of broadcast operation.  This
   approach is relatively simple and requires minimal changes to OSPF.

   This document updates both OSPFv2 [RFC2328] and OSPFv3 [RFC5340].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/