Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhou-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:34:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Syslog Format for NAT Logging
	Author(s)       : Zhonghua Chen
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
                          T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-zhou-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-09-06

Abstract:
   Under some circumstances operators will need to maintain a dynamic
   record of external address and port assignments made by a Carrier
   Grade NAT (CGN), and will find it feasible and convenient to create
   such records using SYSLOG (RFC 5424).  The present document
   standardizes a SYSLOG format to meet that recording requirement.  It
   specifies a number of fields that could be a part of the log report,
   leaving it up to operators to select the fields needed for their
   specific circumstances.

   [*** Subject to discussion*** The log format presented here may also
   be used by PCP server implementations to log the mappings they
   implement.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhou-behave-syslog-nat-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhou-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhou-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/