Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-linear-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:19:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability of MPLS-TP Linear protection for p2mp
	Author(s)       : Guoman Liu
	Filename        : draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-linear-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-09-10

Abstract:
   In MPLS-TP requirement document(rfc5654), there is a requirement to
   support 1+1 and 1:n linear protection for p2mp connectivity.  The
   requirement was descirbled in MPLS-TP Survivability Framework
   document(RFC 6372).  The basic protocol for linear protection was
   specified in the MPLS-TP Linear Protection document [RFC 6378] but is
   limited to 1+1 and 1:1 protection for p2p connectivity. in addtion,
   The 1:N protection in which all of working transport paths and the
   protection path have the same end points was specified in MPLS-TP 1:N
   protection document(draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1toN-protection).This document
   applies the existing PSC(RFC 6378) and extensive PSC
   protocol(draft-ietf-mpls-tp-1toN-protection) to support scenarios of
   protecting the p2mp path by extending the existing p2p linear
   protection mechanism. .

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task
   Force(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union
   Telecommunications Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include
   an MPLS Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures
   to support the capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport
   network as defined by the ITU-T.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-linear-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-mpls-tp-p2mp-linear-protection-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/