Subject: I-D Action: draft-naito-nat-time-wait-reduction-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 00:17:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT TIME_WAIT reduction
	Author(s)       : Kengo Naito
                          Arifumi Matsumoto
	Filename        : draft-naito-nat-time-wait-reduction-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2012-09-03

Abstract:
   When network address translation (NAT) is used in an address resource
   restricted environment, or when a lot of users are located under a
   NAT device, IP addresses and port resources may be eaten up, and this
   affects user experiences very negatively.  This situation can be
   greatly mitigated by tweaking mapping behavior and session timer
   handling in NAT functions.  This document proposes extension for
   optimizing NAT IP address and port resources in address resource
   restricted environments.  The extension makes use of TCP timestamps
   and sequence numbers for TIME_WAIT assassination.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-naito-nat-time-wait-reduction

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-naito-nat-time-wait-reduction-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-naito-nat-time-wait-reduction-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/