Subject: I-D Action: draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:52:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Delay and Loss Traffic Engineering Problem Statement for MPLS
	Author(s)       : Xihua Fu
                          Malcolm Betts
                          Qilei Wang
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Dave McDysan
                          Andrew Malis
                          Spencer Giacalone
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   Deployment and usage of cloud based applications and services that use
   an underlying MPLS network are expanding and an increasing number of
   applications are extremely sensitive to delay and packet loss.
   Furthermore, in cloud computing an additional decision problem arises of
   simultaneously choosing the data center to host applications along with
   MPLS network connectivity such that the overall performance of the
   application is met. Existing mechanisms exist to measure and monitor
   MPLS path performance parameters for packet loss and delay, but only
   after the path has been setup. These cloud-based and performance
   sensitive applications would benefit from measurement of MPLS network
   and potential path information that would be provided for use in the
   computation and selection of LSPs.

   This document provides a statement of problems faced by these cloud
   based and performance sensitive applications and describes requirements
   to enable the efficient and accurate measurement of the MPLS network and
   allow new performance parameters to be reported and used in the
   computation of MPLS services in support of these cloud based and
   performance sensitive applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-problem-statement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/