Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:48:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Minimal (Datagram) Transport Layer Security Implementation
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Johannes Gilger
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) is a widely used security protocol
   that offers communication security services at the transport layer.
   The initial design of TLS was focused on the protection of
   applications running on top of the Transmission Control Protocol
   (TCP), and was a good match for securing the Hypertext Transfer
   Protocol (HTTP).  Subsequent standardization efforts lead to the
   publication of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS), which added
   the User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and the Datagram Congestion Control
   Protocol (DCCP).  The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), as
   a more recent connection-oriented transport protocol, also benefits
   from TLS support.

   TLS can be customized in a variety of ways and every feature has a
   certain cost.  To offer input for implementers and system architects
   this document illustrates the implications of selected TLS features
   for the code size.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/