Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-filtering-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:05:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Technical Considerations for Internet Service Filtering
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
                          Alissa Cooper
                          Olaf Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-iab-filtering-considerations-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The Internet is structured to be an open communications medium.  This
   openness is one of the key underpinnings of Internet innovation, but
   it can also allow communications that may be viewed as undesirable by
   certain parties.  Thus, as the Internet has grown, so have mechanisms
   to limit the extent and impact of abusive or allegedly illegal
   communications.  Recently, there has been an increasing emphasis on
   "blocking" or "filtering," the active prevention of abusive or
   allegedly illegal communications.  This document examines several
   technical approaches to Internet content blocking in terms of their
   alignment with the overall Internet architecture.  In general, the
   approach to content filtering that is most coherent with the Internet
   architecture is to inform endpoints about potentially undesirable
   services, so that the communicants can avoid engaging in abusive or
   illegal communications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-filtering-considerations

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-filtering-considerations-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-filtering-considerations-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/