Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:49:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Prefix Assignment in a Home Network
	Author(s)       : Jari Arkko
                          Acee Lindem
                          Benjamin Paterson
	Filename        : draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This memo describes a prefix assignment mechanism for home networks.
   It is expected that home gateway routers are allocated an IPv6 prefix
   through DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation (PD) or that a prefix is made
   available through other means.  This prefix needs to be divided among
   the multiple subnets in a home network.  This memo describes a
   mechanism for such division, or assignment, via OSPFv3.  This is an
   alternative design to also using DHCPv6 PD for the assignment.  The
   memo is input to the working group so that it can make a decision on
   which type of design to pursue.  It is expected that a routing-
   protocol based assignment uses a minimal amount of prefixes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/