Subject: I-D Action: draft-cardenas-dff-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:40:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Alvaro A. Cardenas
                          Tadashige Iwao
                          Michael L. Dow
                          Sandra L. Cespedes
	Filename        : draft-cardenas-dff-07.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies the "Depth-First Forwarding" (DFF) protocol
   for IPv6 networks, a data forwarding mechanism that can increase
   reliability of data delivery in networks with dynamic topology and/or
   lossy links.  The protocol operates entirely on the forwarding plane,
   but may interact with the routing plane.  DFF forwards data packets
   using a mechanism similar to a "depth-first search" for the
   destination of a packet.  The routing plane may be informed of
   failures to deliver a packet or loops.  This document specifies the
   DFF mechanism both for IPv6 networks (as specified in RFC2460) and in
   addition also for LoWPAN "mesh-under" networks (as specified in
   RFC4944).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cardenas-dff-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cardenas-dff-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/