Subject: I-D Action: draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:50:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Efficiency aware IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
                          Margaret Wasserman
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-10-11

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 4861) protocol has been designed for
   neighbor's address resolution, unreachability detection, address
   autoconfiguration, router advertisement and solicitation.  With the
   progress of Internet adoption on various industries including home,
   wireless, m2m and Cellular(LTE) networks, there is a desire for
   optimizing legacy IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol to be more
   efficient in terms of number of signaling messages in the network.
   This document describes a method of optimization by reducing periodic
   multicast messages, frequent Neighbor Solicitation messages and
   supports interoperability with legacy IPv6 nodes and avoids Duplicate
   Address Detection by introducing an address Registration mechanism.
   Efficient IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol is useful for energy-
   efficient IPv6 networks as well as Data Center and Home Networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/