Subject: I-D Action: draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:15:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP-TE LSP egress fast-protection
	Author(s)       : Jeyananth Minto Jeganathan
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Yimin Shen
	Filename        : draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   RFC4090 defines a fast reroute mechanism for locally repairing an
   RSVP-TE LSP in the order of 10s of milliseconds, in the event of a
   downstream link or node failure.  However, this mechanism does not
   provide node protection for LSP egress nodes, even when an alternate
   egress node (a backup egress) is available that could carry the
   traffic to its ultimate destination.  This document addresses this
   scenario and describes how to provide egress protection by
   establishing a bypass LSP from the penultimate-hop node of a LSP to
   the backup egress node.  The methods described in this document
   enable local repair in the order of 10s of milliseconds, in the event
   of the egress node failure.  These methods are only applicable if
   traffic carried by the LSP can be rerouted to its ultimate
   destination by the backup egress node.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/