Subject: I-D Action: draft-keyupate-irs-bgp-usecases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:06:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use Cases for an Interface to BGP Protocol
	Author(s)       : Keyur Patel
                          Rex Fernando
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Shane Amante
	Filename        : draft-keyupate-irs-bgp-usecases-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   A network routing protocol like BGP is typically configured and
   results of its operation are analyzed through some form of Command
   Line Interface (CLI) or NETCONF.  These interactions to control BGP
   and diagnose its operation encompass: configuration of protocol
   parameters, display of protocol data, setting of certain protocol
   state and debugging of the protocol.

   Interface to the Routing System's (IRS) Programmatic interfaces, as
   defined in [I-D.ward-irs-framework], provides an alternate way to
   control the configuration and diagnose the operation of the BGP
   protocol.  IRS may be used for the configuration, manipulation,
   polling or analyzing protocol data.  This document describes set of
   use cases for which IRS can be used for BGP protocol.  It is intended
   to provide a base for the solution draft describing a set of
   interfaces to the BGP protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keyupate-irs-bgp-usecases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keyupate-irs-bgp-usecases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-keyupate-irs-bgp-usecases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/