Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:14:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
	Author(s)       : Emily Bi
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Yang Cui
	Filename        : draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-14

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider deployment calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance.  Unfortunately, however, standard IP
   performance measurement mechanisms cannot be readily used with IPsec.
   This document makes the case for employing IPsec to protect O/TWAMP
   and proposes a method which combines IKEv2 and O/TWAMP as defined in
   RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, respectively.  This specification aims, on the
   one hand, to ensure that O/TWAMP can be secured well, while on the
   other hand, it extends the applicability of O/TWAMP to networks that
   have already deployed IPsec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/