Subject: I-D Action: draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 23:17:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : One-time Address-Prefix Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4
	Author(s)       : Qing Zeng
                          Jie Dong
                          Jakob Heitz
                          Keyur Patel
                          Rob Shakir
                          ZhiLan Huang
	Filename        : draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a new Outbound Router Filter (ORF) type for
   BGP, termed "One-time Address Prefix Outbound Route Filter", which
   would allow a BGP speaker to send to its BGP peer a route refresh
   request with a set of address-prefix-based filters to make the peer
   send only the specific routes matching the filters to the speaker.
   This ORF-type enables a BGP speaker to re-advertise some specific
   routes without the need of advertising the whole Adj-RIB-Out of a
   specific address family, which makes the route recovery and trouble
   shooting operation more efficient and also reduces the impact on
   network stability.  This filter does not change the outbound route
   filters or policies on the BGP peer and should only be used for one-
   time route filtering.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zeng-idr-one-time-prefix-orf-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/