Subject: I-D Action: draft-guo-roll-loop-free-dodag-repair-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:47:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Loop Free DODAG Local Repair
	Author(s)       : Jianlin Guo
                          Philip Orlik
                          Ghulam Bhatti
	Filename        : draft-guo-roll-loop-free-dodag-repair-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-10-01

Abstract:
   IETF has been developing IPv6 based standards for Low-power and Lossy
   Networks (LLNs) to meet requirements of constrained applications,
   such as field monitoring, inventory control and so on. IPv6 Routing
   Protocol for LLNs (RPL) has been published in [RFC6550]. Based on
   routing metrics and constraints [RFC6551], RPL builds Directed
   Acyclic Graph (DAG) topology to establish bidirectional routes for
   LLNs for traffic types of multipoint-to-point, point-to-multipoint,
   and point-to-point. RPL routes are optimized for traffic to or from
   one or more roots that act as sinks. As a result, a DAG is
   partitioned into one or more Destination Oriented DAGs (DODAGs), one
   DODAG per sink. RPL is widely considered as a feasible routing
   protocol for LLNs. However, DODAG loops caused by local DODAG repair
   mechanism is an issues to be addressed. This draft introduces a loop
   free local DODAG repair mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-dodag-repair

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-dodag-repair-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/