Subject: I-D Action: draft-morton-ippm-2330-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:16:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advanced Stream and Sampling Framework for IPPM
	Author(s)       : Joachim Fabini
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-2330-update-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-08

Abstract:
   To obtain repeatable results in modern networks, test descriptions
   need an expanded stream parameter framework that also augments
   aspects specified as Type-P for test packets.  This memo proposes to
   update the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework with advanced
   considerations for measurement methodology and testing.  The existing
   framework mostly assumes deterministic connectivity, and that a
   single test stream will represent the characteristics of the path
   when it is aggregated with other flows.  Networks have evolved and
   test stream descriptions must evolve with them, otherwise unexpected
   network features may dominate the measured performance.  This memo
   describes new stream parameters for both network characterization and
   support of application design using IPPM metrics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-morton-ippm-2330-update

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-ippm-2330-update-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/