Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:42:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using International Standard Book Numbers as Uniform Resource Names
	Author(s)       : Maarit Huttunen
                          Juha Hakala
                          Alfred Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   The International Standard Book Number, ISBN, is a widely used
   identifier for monographic publications.  Since 2001, the URN
   (Uniform Resource Name) namespace "ISBN" has been reserved for ISBNs.
   The namespace registration was performed in RFC 3187 and applied only
   to the ISBN as specified in the ISO Standard 2108-1992, now known as
   "ISBN-10".  To allow for further growth in use, the successor ISO
   Standard, ISO 2108:2005, has defined an expanded format for the ISBN,
   known as "ISBN-13".  This document defines how both of these ISBN
   standard versions can be supported within the URN framework.
   Moreover, additional query and fragment usage related information
   required by RFC 2141bis has been included.  An updated namespace
   registration conformant to RFC 3406bis is provided.  It describes how
   both the old and the new ISBN format can share the same namespace.

   This document replaces RFC 3187; it also obsoletes and moves to
   Historic status the predecessor thereof, RFC 2288.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/