Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-v6ops-semantic-prefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:23:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework for Semantic IPv6 Prefix and Gap Analysis
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-v6ops-semantic-prefix-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   Some Internet Service Providers and enterprises desire to be aware of
   more information about each packet, so that packets can be treated
   differently and efficiently. Packet-level differentiating can also
   enable flow-level and user-level differentiating.

   IPv6, with a large address space, allows semantics to be embedded
   into addresses. Routers can easily apply relevant operations
   accordingly.

   This document describes a framework that embeds semantics into IPv6
   prefixes, so that network devices can treat packets based on these
   explicit semantics. This document also analyzes on the technical gaps
   for embedding complex semantics.

   This informational document only discusses usage of semantics in a
   Semantic Prefix Domain. It does NOT intent or suggest to standardize
   any common global semantics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-v6ops-semantic-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-v6ops-semantic-prefix-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/