Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:43:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mapping PMIP Quality of Service in WiFi Network
	Author(s)       : John Kaippallimalil
	Filename        : draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   This document proposes a model for mapping PMIP QoS parameters of a
   mobile network session to the corresponding connection at a WiFi
   Access Point. In congested network conditions, it is possible that a
   user's flows from the WiFi AP are metered and shaped at the WLC to
   match the bandwidth constraints or service priority of the user's
   subscription and PMIP QoS parameters. Applying similar QoS policing
   at the WiFi AP allows optimal use of scarce radio network resources.
   Currently, the WiFi AP does not have information on the MNs
   subscribed bandwidth, or relative priority of its flows or services
   for per user QoS handling at the WiFi AP. This document provides a
   model for mapping PMIP QoS to corresponding 802.11e QoS parameters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/