Subject: I-D Action: draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:33:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reverse DNS Naming Convention for CIDR Address Blocks
	Author(s)       : Joe Gersch
                          Dan Massey
                          Eric Osterweil
                          Cathie Olschanowsky
	Filename        : draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   This draft proposes a naming convention for encoding CIDR address
   blocks into the reverse DNS namespace.  The reverse DNS naming method
   is commonly used to specify a complete IP address.  This document
   describes how to encode an IPv4 or IPv6 CIDR address block such as
   129.82.0.0/16.  By defining a common naming convention, one can
   associate information with a prefix.  The convention builds on past
   work in RFC 1101 that associates network names with prefixes.
   However, this previous work pre-dated the introduction of CIDR and
   has several critical ambiguities.  This convention corrects the
   ambiguities and enables new applications ranging from routing
   information to geolocation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gersch-dnsop-revdns-cidr-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/