Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:13:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCWEB Security Architecture
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-05.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communications on the Web (RTCWEB) working group is
   tasked with standardizing protocols for enabling real-time
   communications within user-agents using web technologies (e.g
   JavaScript).  The major use cases for RTCWEB technology are real-time
   audio and/or video calls, Web conferencing, and direct data transfer.
   Unlike most conventional real-time systems (e.g., SIP-based soft
   phones) RTCWEB communications are directly controlled by some Web
   server, which poses new security challenges.  For instance, a Web
   browser might expose a JavaScript API which allows a server to place
   a video call.  Unrestricted access to such an API would allow any
   site which a user visited to "bug" a user's computer, capturing any
   activity which passed in front of their camera.  [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-
   security] defines the RTCWEB threat model.  This document defines an
   architecture which provides security within that threat model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/