Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:22:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The binarypack JSON-like representation format
	Author(s)       : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-11

Abstract:
   JSON (RFC 4627) is an extremely successful format for the
   representation of structured information, supporting Boolean values,
   numbers, strings, arrays, and tables.  Recently, a number of
   applications have started to look for binary representation formats
   that solve a similar problem.  In particular, constrained node
   networks can benefit from such a binary representation format.

   A very successful binary representation that is otherwise comparable
   to JSON is MessagePack.  Recently, a slight modification of
   MessagePack has been defined that allows for distinguishing UTF-8
   strings from binary data.  This draft, as an independent effort,
   documents the resulting BinaryPack format.

   The current version -00 of this document is an early draft that is
   intended to spark further discussion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-apparea-bpack

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/