Subject: I-D Action: draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:40:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO session for CDN Interconnection
	Author(s)       : Emile Stephan
                          Selim Ellouze
	Filename        : draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The selection of a downstream CDN by an upstream CDN is based on
   multi-dimensional criteria.  Various protocols, such as BGP or ALTO,
   may be used by a downstream CDN to expose content routing information
   and interconnection preferences to an upstream CDN.  The selection of
   such a protocol is premature as the WG, and especially the Footprint/
   Capabilities Design Team, is currently working on this topic.  So
   this draft does not promote the usage of the ALTO protocol for CDN
   interconnection.  It presents the limitations of the current ALTO
   protocol in the case it would be selected for CDN interconnection.
   It specifies the mechanism for controlling the session initialization
   and for limiting the information exchanged.  Then it discusses the
   need of incremental update and proposes to study the usage of
   Netconf/Yang to provide ALTO server with notifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/