Subject: I-D Action: draft-kfall-httpbis-server-ranges-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:30:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Server Oriented Range Responses
	Author(s)       : Kevin Fall
	Filename        : draft-kfall-httpbis-server-ranges-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
This document clarifies the semantics associated with the Content-Range
HTTP header and associated Partial Content (206) response code.

It specifically allows a server to produce a Content-Range response
whose range is a subrange of the corresponding range requested using a
previous Range request. The HTTP protocol syntax is not modified.
Instead, this document clarifies that a server responding to a client
requesting a range (x-y) may respond with a range ((x+e)-(y-f)) for
nonzero integers e,f such that (x+e) < (y-f). In addition, it clarifies
the semantics of Request ranges which contain only a starting value.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kfall-httpbis-server-ranges

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kfall-httpbis-server-ranges-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/