Subject: I-D Action: draft-bitar-nvo3-vpn-applicability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:05:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Cloud Networking: VPN Applicability and NVo3 Gap Analysis
	Author(s)       : Nabil Bitar
                          Florin Balus
                          Marc Lasserre
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Yuichi Ikejiri
                          Mircea Pisica
	Filename        : draft-bitar-nvo3-vpn-applicability-01.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
        Multi-tenant data centers and clouds provide computing,
        storage and network resources dedicated per tenant. The
        current focus in the evolution of multi-tenant data-center and
        cloud networks is to (1) support a large number of tenants
        with a large number of communicating systems, (2) provide
        isolation among tenant virtual networks, (3) provide for
        efficient network utilization, and (4) support virtual machine
        mobility and network elasticity that match compute and storage
        elasticity.

        The NVo3 work effort is initially targeted to identify the
        requirements for large multi-tenant data centers, and develop
        a framework architecture that addresses those requirements. In
        addition, it is targeted to identify existing or evolving
        solutions used in cloud networking, their applicability to
        NVo3, and any gaps that they may have in addressing the NVo3
        requirements. This document describes the applicability of
        existing work in various IETF Working Groups (e.g., RFCs and
        drafts developed or evolving in IETF L2VPN and L3VPN Working
        Groups) to cloud networking and NVo3, as well as the gaps and
        problems that need to be further addressed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bitar-nvo3-vpn-applicability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bitar-nvo3-vpn-applicability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bitar-nvo3-vpn-applicability-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/