Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:45:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Delayed Duplication Attribute in the Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)       : Ali Begen
                          Yiqun Cai
                          Heidi Ou
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-10-03

Abstract:
   A straightforward approach to provide protection against packet
   losses due to network outages with a longest duration of T time units
   is to simply duplicate the original packets and send each copy
   separated in time by at least T time units.  This approach is
   commonly referred to as Time-shifted Redundancy, Temporal Redundancy
   or simply Delayed Duplication.  This document defines an attribute to
   indicate the presence of temporally redundant media streams and the
   duplication delay in the Session Description Protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-delayed-duplication-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/