Subject: I-D Action: draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:19:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP-TE LSP egress fast-protection-00
	Author(s)       : Jeyananth Minto Jeganathan
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Yimin Shen
	Filename        : draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   RFC4090 defines an RSVP fast reroute mechanism for local repairing
   LSP tunnel in the order of 10s milliseconds, in the event of a
   downstream link or node failure.  However, the mechanism does not
   provide node protection for LSP egress nodes.  This document
   describes two methods to establish a bypass LSP from the penultimate-
   hop node of an LSP to a backup egress node, which could be used to
   protect the LSP against egress node failure.  The methods enable
   local repair in the order of 10s of millisecond, in the event of the
   egress node failure.  These methods are only applicable if traffic
   carried by the LSP could be rerouted to ultimate destination by the
   backup egress node.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minto-rsvp-lsp-egress-fast-protection-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/