Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-exposure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:20:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tunnel Congestion Exposure
	Author(s)       : Lei Zhu
                          Huabing Zhang
                          Xiangyang Gong
	Filename        : draft-zhang-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-exposure-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   At present, tunneling technology has been widely applied in VPN,
   mobile communication network, IPv6 over IPv4, Mobile IP, multi-point
   delivery, and other fields.  In the E2E link, there may already have
   been an effective congestion control mechanism, but we SHOULD also do
   traffic management in the tunnel to improve the performance of the
   entire network.  Because of the particularity of the scenario of the
   tunnel, the existing E2E traffic management mechanism cannot be
   directly be deployed (e.g.  VPN, IPv6 over IPv4 etc).  In these
   cases, this document focuses on how to expose the congestion while
   the feedback mechanism is left for later study.  This document
   describes the problem of identifying congestion in a tunnel segment
   of an end-to-end flow.  A basic tunnel congestion exposure model is
   then described, followed by three example scenarios which use the
   basic model to derive tunnel congestion.  Finally, a general solution
   that can be applied to IP-in-IP tunnels is described.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-exposure

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-exposure-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/