Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-cga-tsig-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:41:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transaction SIGnature (TSIG) using CGA Algorithm in IPv6
	Author(s)       : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Martin von Loewis
                          Christoph Meinel
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-cga-tsig-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   The first step of Transaction SIGnature (TSIG) (RFC 2845) is to
   generate a shared secret and exchange it manually between a DNS
   server and a host. This document, CGA-TSIG, proposes a possible way
   to automate the now manual process for the authentication of a node
   with a DNS server during the DNS Update process by using the same
   parameters as are used in generating a secure address in IPv6
   networks, i.e., Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) (RFC
   3972). CGA-TSIG facilitates this authentication process and reduces
   the time needed for DNS Updates. The current signature generation
   process and verification mechanism in TSIG are thus replaced with
   CGA. This algorithm is added, as an extension, to TSIG to eliminate
   the human intervention needed for generation and exchange of keys
   between a DNS server and a host when SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND)
   (RFC 3971) is used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-cga-tsig

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-cga-tsig-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/