Subject: I-D Action: draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:59:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP Multicast Use Cases and Analysis over Distributed Mobility Management
	Author(s)       : Sergio Figueiredo
                          Seil Jeon
                          Rui L. Aguiar
	Filename        : draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Mobile networks are changing towards distributed mobility management
   (DMM), tackling inefficiencies of existing mobility protocols
   regarding network management and packet routing. Identifying IP
   multicast use cases applicable to DMM is a logical step before
   exploring solution spaces. This document describes use cases where IP
   multicast is applied in DMM environments, considering two main
   deployment options: multicast router or MLD-Proxy deployment at a
   Mobility Access Router (MAR). Due to the lack of standard terminology,
   we refer to MAR as the entity embedding mobility-related functions,
   e.g. providing network access and flow anchoring capabilities. Each
   deployment option is thoroughly analyzed regarding its advantages and
   disadvantages, and both multicast listener and source mobility
   support are considered.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sfigueiredo-multimob-use-case-dmm-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/