Subject: I-D Action: draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:33:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Inter-domain SLA Exchange
	Author(s)       : Shitanshu Shah
                          Keyur Patel
                          Sandeep Bajaj
                          Luis Tomotaki
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-10-20

Abstract:
   Network administrators typically provision QoS policies for their
   application traffic (such as voice, video) based on SLAs negotiated
   with their providers, and translate those SLAs to vendor specific
   configuration language.  Both learning of SLA, either thru SLA
   documents or via some other out-of-band method, and translating them
   to vendor specific configuration language is a complex, many times
   manual, process and prone to errors.  This document proposes an in-
   band method of SLA signaling which can help to simplify some of the
   complexities.

   This document defines an operational transitive attribute to signal
   SLA details in-band, across administrative boundaries (considered as
   Autonomous Systems (AS)), and thus simplify/speed-up some of the
   complex tasks.

   Though the use-case with the proposed attribute is explicitly defined
   in this document, purpose of this attribute is not limited to this
   use-case only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-svshah-interdomain-sla-exchange-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/