Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jesup-rmcat-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:58:46 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Congestion Control Requirements For RMCAT
    Author(s)     : R. Jesup
    Filename      : draft-jesup-rmcat-reqs
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : Oct. 22, 2012 
    
   Congestion control is needed for all data transported across the
   Internet, in order to promote fair usage and prevent congestion
   collapse.  The requirements for interactive, point-to-point real time
   multimedia, which needs by low-delay, semi-reliable data delivery,
   are different from the requirements for bulk transfer like FTP or
   bursty transfers like Web pages, and the TCP algorithms are not
   suitable for this traffic.

   This document attempts to describe a set of requirements that can be
   used to evaluate other congestion control mechanisms in order to
   figure out their fitness for this purpose, and in particular to
   provide a set of possible requirements for proposals coming out of
   the RMCAT Working Group.

   This document is derived from draft-jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs
   [I-D.jesup-rtp-congestion-reqs].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jesup-rmcat-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.