Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 04:56:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Protocol Extension Requirement for Cooperation between PCE and Distributed Routing Controller in GMPLS Networks
	Author(s)       : Yongli Zhao
                          Jie Zhang
                          Ruiquan Jing
                          Dajiang Wang
                          Xihua Fu
	Filename        : draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Path Computation Element (PCE) is proposed for path computation in
   multi-layer and multi-domain networks where PCE can be implemented in
   either centralized method or distributed method.  In the former case,
   PCE can serve tens or hundreds of nodes simultaneously, while in the
   later case, each node is equipped with a PCE, which can be regarded
   as a distributed routing controller (DRC) in GMPLS networks and each
   one of those provides similar path computation capability.  PCE and
   DRC have different advantages in path computation respectively.  PCE
   is suitable for cross-layer and cross-domain path computation,
   especially in multi-constraints environment.  But distributed routing
   controller is good at path computation in parallel ways and
   distributed network control in local domain.  A cooperative path
   computation architecture named Dual Routing Engine (DRE) is necessary
   to be used in the future networks, for it based on the ideas of the
   cooperation of these two types of path computation engines and can
   take the advantages of both centralized and distributed method by
   which the PCE is implemented.  The corresponding PCE communication
   protocol extension and other protocol requirements for cooperation
   between PCE and distributed routing controller are listed in this
   document to recommend the standard interfaces between different
   components in DRE architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhaoyl-pce-dre-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/