Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-tlssecuritypolicy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:00:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : X.509v3 Extension: OCSP Stapling Required
	Author(s)       : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-tlssecuritypolicy-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   The purpose of the TLS Security Policy extension is to prevent
   downgrade attacks that are not otherwise prevented by the TLS
   protocol.  In particular, the TLS Security Policy extension may be
   used to mandate support for revocation checking features in the TLS
   protocol such as OCSP stapling.  Informing clients that an OCSP
   status response will always be stapled permits an immediate failure
   in the case that the response is not stapled.  This in turn prevents
   a denial of service attack that might otherwise be possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-tlssecuritypolicy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-tlssecuritypolicy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hallambaker-tlssecuritypolicy-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/