Subject: I-D Action: draft-levine-tld-variant-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:26:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Variants in Second-Level Names Registered in Top Level Domains
	Author(s)       : John Levine
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-levine-tld-variant-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-11

Abstract:
   IDNA [RFC5890] provides a method to map a subset of names written in
   Unicode into the DNS.  Some languages allow a particular name to be
   written in multiple ways that are represented differently in IDNA,
   known as "variants".  This document surveys the approaches that
   ICANN-contracted top level domains have taken to the registration and
   provisioning of variant names.  This document is not (and will not
   be) a product of the IETF, and does not (and will not) propose any
   method to make variants work "correctly".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-tld-variant

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-levine-tld-variant-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/