Subject: I-D Action: draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:37:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance Monitoring Analysis for L3VPN
	Author(s)       : Lianshu Zheng
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   To perform the measurement of packet loss, delay and other metrics on
   a particular VPN flow, the egress PE need to tell to which specific
   ingress VRF a packet belongs.  But for L3VPN, multipoint-to-point or
   multipoint-to-multipoint (MP2MP) network model applies, flow
   identifying is a big challenge.  This document summarizes the current
   performance monitoring mechanisms for MPLS networks, and analyzes the
   challenge for L3VPN performance monitoring.  This document also
   discuss the key points need to be taken in consideration when
   designing L3VPN performance monitoring mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/