Subject: I-D Action: draft-cai-l2vpn-vpls-vlan-aware-bundling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:48:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VLAN Aware VPLS services
	Author(s)       : Dennis Cai
                          Sami Boutros
                          Samer Salam
                          Reshad Rahman
	Filename        : draft-cai-l2vpn-vpls-vlan-aware-bundling-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-10-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies VPLS extensions to support the new VLAN aware
   bundling service interface type. The new service interface type
   provides advantages in reducing the provisioning overhead, as well as
   pseudowire scalability in environments where a large number of VLANs
   need to be extended over an MPLS/IP network while maintaining traffic
   segregation among those VLANs.

   The VLAN aware bundling service interface can handle the high scale
   requirements of today's Data Centers by bundling different VLANs over
   a single WAN VPLS instance used to interconnect sites. Furthermore,
   this document specifies an extension to the LDP MAC Withdrawal
   mechanisms to allow per-VLAN MAC flushing for the new service
   interface type.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cai-l2vpn-vpls-vlan-aware-bundling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cai-l2vpn-vpls-vlan-aware-bundling-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/