Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-comparison-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:27:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Comparison, Equivalence and Canonicalization of Internationalized Resource Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Larry Masinter
                          Martin Duerst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-comparison-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) are Unicode strings
   used to identify resources on the Internet.  Applications that use
   IRIs often define a means of comparing IRIs to determine when two
   IRIs are equivalent for the purpose of that application.  Some
   applications also define a method for canonicalizing an IRI --
   translating one IRI into another which is equivalent under the
   comparison method used.

   This document gives guidelines and best practices for defining and
   using IRI comparison and canonicalization methods.

   Comparison methods are used to determine equivalence.  As URIs are a
   subset of IRIs, the guidelines apply to URI comparison as well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iri-comparison

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-comparison-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iri-comparison-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/