Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:34:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LACNIC's Redirection Service for Number Resource RESTful WHOIS Queries
	Author(s)       : Carlos M. Martinez
                          Arturo L. Servin
                          Dario Gomez
                          Gerardo Rada
	Filename        : draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   The traditional WHOIS protocol has several important shortcomings,
   and over the past few years several approaches to a better WHOIS have
   been discussed and proposed.

   Among these shortcomings, different registries operate different
   WHOIS services.  For users this implies that several WHOIS queries to
   different registries may be necessary in order to obtain data for a
   given resource.

   This document describes a proof-of-concept redirection service for
   RESTful WHOIS queries as implemented by LACNIC.  This service allows
   users to query a single WHOIS service and be redirected to the
   authoritative registry.

   The main goal of this document is to encourage discussion on the
   topics of Joint WHOIS services and query redirection in a RESTful
   WHOIS world.

   The solution implemented by LACNIC proposed here applies to numbering
   resources (IPv4, IPv6 and autonomous system numbers).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/