Subject: I-D Action: draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:12:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Why Operators Filter Fragments and What It Implies
	Author(s)       : Joel Jaeggli
                          Lorenzo Colitti
                          Warren Kumari
                          Eric Vyncke
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This memo is written to make application developers and network
   operators aware of the significant probability that IPv6 packets
   containing fragmentation extension headers will fail to reach their
   destination.  Some assumptions about the ability to use TCP or UDP
   datagrams larger than a single packet may accordingly need
   adjustment.  This memo provides observational evidence for the
   dropping of IPv6 fragments along a significant number of paths,
   explores the operational impact of fragmentation and the reasons why
   dropping occurs, and considers the effect of fragment dropping on
   applications particularly including DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/