Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-ironbis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:39:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON)
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-ironbis-12.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Since large-scale Internetworks such as the public Internet must
   continue to support escalating growth due to increasing demand, it is
   clear that Autonomous Systems (ASes) must avoid injecting excessive
   de-aggregated prefixes into the interdomain routing system and
   instead mitigate de-aggregation internally.  This document proposes
   an Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON) architecture that
   supports sustainable growth within interior routing domains while
   requiring no changes to end systems and no changes to the exterior
   routing system.  In addition to routing scaling, IRON further
   addresses other important issues including mobility management,
   mobile networks, multihoming, traffic engineering, NAT traversal and
   security.  While business considerations are an important determining
   factor for widespread adoption, they are out of scope for this
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-ironbis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-ironbis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-ironbis-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/