Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:46:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (CUSAX)
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
                          Enrico Marocco
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document describes current practices for combined use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP).  Such practices aim to provide a single
   fully featured real-time communication service by using complementary
   subsets of features from each of the protocols.  Typically such
   subsets would include telephony capabilities from SIP and instant
   messaging and presence capabilities from XMPP.  This specification
   does not define any new protocols or syntax for either SIP or XMPP.
   However, implementing it may require modifying or at least
   reconfiguring existing client and server-side software.  Also, it is
   not the purpose of this document to make recommendations as to
   whether or not such combined use should be preferred to the
   mechanisms provided natively by each protocol like for example SIP's
   SIMPLE or XMPP's Jingle.  It merely aims to provide guidance to those
   who are interested in such a combined use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/