Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:16:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Virtual Hub-and-Spoke in BGP/MPLS VPNs
	Author(s)       : Huajin Jeng
                          James Uttaro
                          Luay Jalil
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Rahul Aggarwal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   With BGP/MPLS VPNs any-to-any connectivity among sites of a given
   Virtual Private Network would require each Provider Edge router that
   has one or more of these sites connected to it to hold all the routes
   of that Virtual Private Network. The approach described in this
   document allows to reduce the number of Provider Edge routers that
   have to maintain all these routes by requiring only a subset of these
   routers to maintain all these routes.

   Furthermore, when Provider Edge routers use ingress replication to
   carry multicast traffic of VPN customers, the approach described in
   this document could allow to reduce bandwidth inefficiency associated
   with ingress replication, and to redistribute the replication load
   among Provider Edge routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-virtual-hub-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/