Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhai-trill-esadi-extension-for-rbv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:23:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: ESADI-Extension
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Xuehui Dai
	Filename        : draft-zhai-trill-esadi-extension-for-rbv-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-10-07

Abstract:
   In a virtual RBridge(RBv), traffic from end station ES1 to ES2 will
   enter a TRILL campus through one member RBridge RB1 of RBv, but
   reverse traffic might choose another member RBridge RB2 to leave
   TRILL campus.  If RB1 can't obtain the location of ES2 via other
   means, it has to treat the traffic to ES2 as unknown destination
   traffic and multicasts it in TRILL campus.  However, if RB2 can share
   its learned MAC addresses with RB1, the above problem can be
   resolved.

   Based on appropriate extensions of ESADI, this document proposes, in
   control plane, an approach for informations synchronization within a
   group of RBridges.  Current informations mainly include end station
   addresses, but may include other informations in the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhai-trill-esadi-extension-for-rbv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhai-trill-esadi-extension-for-rbv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/