Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:10:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Syntax
	Author(s)       : Alfred Hoenes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-03.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-10-16

Abstract:
   Uniform Resource Names (URNs) are intended to serve as persistent,
   location-independent, resource identifiers.  This document serves as
   the foundation of the 'urn' URI Scheme according to RFC 3986 and sets
   forward the canonical syntax for URNs, which subdivides URNs into
   "namespaces".  A discussion of both existing legacy and new
   namespaces and requirements for URN presentation and transmission are
   presented.  Finally, there is a discussion of URN equivalence and how
   to determine it.  This document supersedes RFC 2141.

   The requirements and procedures for URN Namespace registration
   documents are set forth in a companion document, RFC 3406bis (BCP
   66).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/