Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-core-conditional-observe-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:56:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Conditional observe in CoAP
	Author(s)       : Shitao Li
                          Jeroen Hoebeke
                          Antonio J. Jara
	Filename        : draft-li-core-conditional-observe-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  Through the Observe option, clients can observe changes in
   the state of resources and obtain a current representation of the
   last resource state.  This document defines a new mechanism in CoAP
   Observe so that a CoAP client can conditionally observe a resource on
   a CoAP server, only being informed about state changes meeting a
   specific condition or set of conditions.  This offers possibilities
   to extend network intelligence, enhance scalability, and optimize the
   lifetime and performance in order to address the requirements from
   the Constrained Nodes and Networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-core-conditional-observe

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-core-conditional-observe-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-core-conditional-observe-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/