Subject: I-D Action: draft-haleplidis-forces-packet-parallelization-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:43:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ForCES Packet Parallelization
	Author(s)       : Evangelos Haleplidis
                          Joel Halpern
	Filename        : draft-haleplidis-forces-packet-parallelization-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model provides a formal way to represent the capabilities,
   state, and configuration of forwarding elements within the context of
   the ForCES protocol, so that control elements (CEs) can control the
   FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model describes the logical
   functions that are present in an FE, what capabilities these
   functions support, and how these functions are or can be
   interconnected.

   Many network devices support parallel packet processing.  This
   document describes how ForCES can model a network device's
   parallelization datapath.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haleplidis-forces-packet-parallelization

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haleplidis-forces-packet-parallelization-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-haleplidis-forces-packet-parallelization-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/