Subject: I-D Action: draft-boot-homenet-brdp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:53:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BRDP for Homenet
	Author(s)       : Teco Boot
	Filename        : draft-boot-homenet-brdp-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This document describes the Border Router Discovery Protocol (BRDP)
   and all of its related components.  BRDP enables multi-homing for
   small to medium sites, including Homenets, using Provider
   Aggregatable IPv6 addresses.  It describes a mechanism for automated
   IP address configuration and renumbering, a mechanism for optimized
   source address selection and a new paradigm for packet forwarding,
   for support of multi-homed sites.  BRDP prevents ingress filtering
   problems with multi-homed sites and supports load-balancing for
   multi-path transport protocols.  This work also prevents routing
   scalability problems in the provider network and Internet Default
   Free Zone because small to medium multi-homed size sites would not
   need to request Provider Independent address blocks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boot-homenet-brdp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boot-homenet-brdp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/