Subject: I-D Action: draft-mathis-ippm-data-curation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:00:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Curating Internet Measurement Data
	Author(s)       : Matt Mathis
	Filename        : draft-mathis-ippm-data-curation-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This document describes the nomenclature, requirements and framework
   for handling per-sample metadata for a live archive of Internet
   measurements.  By archive, we mean that once captured, the data MUST
   NOT be altered or deleted.  By live, we mean that new data from
   ongoing measurements are being continuously appended to the archive.

   The purpose of the metadata is to support the use of the Scientific
   Method in the study the archived data.  Under the principle of full
   disclosure, the Scientific Method requires that later researchers be
   able to repeat earlier studies using the original data, but refined
   by new insights (such as improved calibration) gained from other
   intervening studies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mathis-ippm-data-curation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mathis-ippm-data-curation-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/