Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:04:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Applicability of Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)
	Author(s)       : Fatai Zhang
                          Xian Zhang
                          Young Lee
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
	Filename        : draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-10-18

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides a solution for Traffic
   Engineering (TE) based path calculation in large, multi-domain,
   multi-region, or multi-layer networks. Depending on whether a PCE
   keeps information about LSPs and reserved resource usage in the
   network or not, it can be categorized as either stateful or
   stateless.

   This memo describes general considerations for stateful PCE(s) and
   examines its applicability through a number of typical scenarios. It
   shows how stateful PCE(s) can be applied to facilitate these
   applications. PCEP extensions required for stateful PCE usage are
   covered in separate document(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-pce-stateful-pce-app-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/