Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:55:38 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Loss and Delay Traffic Engineering Framework for MPLS
    Author(s)     : X. Fu, et al
    Filename      : draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework
    Pages         : 12 
    Date          : Oct. 22, 2012 
    
   Deployment and usage of cloud based applications and services that use
   an underlying MPLS network are expanding and an increasing number of
   applications are extremely sensitive to delay and packet loss.
   Furthermore, in cloud computing an additional decision problem arises of
   simultaneously choosing the data center to host applications along with
   MPLS network connectivity such that the overall performance of the
   application is met. Mechanisms exist to measure and monitor MPLS path
   performance parameters for packet loss and delay, but the mechanisms
   work only after the path has been setup. The cloud-based and performance
   sensitive applications would benefit from measurement of MPLS network
   and potential path information that would be provided for use in the
   computation before LSP setup and then the selection of LSPs.

   This document provides a framework and architecture to solve operator
   problems and requirements using current/proposed approaches, documents
   scalability assessment and recommendations, and identifies any needed
   protocol development.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuxh-mpls-delay-loss-te-framework-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.