Subject: I-D Action: draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:20:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 2547 egress PE Fast Failure Protection
	Author(s)       : Jeyananth Minto Jeganathan
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism for protecting RFC2547 based VPN
   service against egress node failure.  The mechanism enables local
   repair to be performed immediately upon a egress node failure.  In
   particular, the router at point of local repair (PLR) can redirect
   VPN traffic to a protector to repair in the order of tens of
   milliseconds, achieving fast protection that is comparable to MPLS
   fast reroute.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-minto-2547-egress-node-fast-protection-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/