Subject: I-D Action: draft-bashandy-bgp-frr-mirror-table-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:33:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP FRR Protection against Edge Node Failure Using Table Mirroring with Context Labels
	Author(s)       : Ahmed Bashandy
                          Maciek Konstantynowicz
                          Nagendra Kumar
	Filename        : draft-bashandy-bgp-frr-mirror-table-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-10-08

Abstract:
Consider a BGP free core scenario. Suppose the edge BGP speakers PE1,
PE2,..., PEn know about a prefix P/m via the external routers CE1,
CE2,..., CEm.  If the edge router PEi crashes or becomes totally
disconnected from the core, it is desirable for a core router "P"
carrying traffic to the failed edge router PEi to immediately restore
traffic by re-tunneling packets originally tunneled to PEi and
destined to the prefix P/m to one of the other edge routers that
advertised P/m, say PEj, until BGP re-converges. This draft proposes
a BGP FRR scheme that relies on having the repairing edge router
mirror the protected edge router forwarding table. The repairing edge
router uses a locally allocated context label to identify the correct
mirrored table.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bashandy-bgp-frr-mirror-table

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bashandy-bgp-frr-mirror-table-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/