Subject: I-D Action: draft-levine-tld-variant-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 13:04:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Variant Names in Top Level Domains
	Author(s)       : John Levine
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-levine-tld-variant-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-10-07

Abstract:
   IDNA [RFC5890] provides a method to map a subset of names written in
   Unicode into the DNS.  Some languages allow a particular name to be
   written in multiple ways that are represented differently in IDNA,
   known as "variants".  We survey the approaches that ICANN-managed top
   level domains have taken to the registration and provisioning of
   variant names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-tld-variant

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/