Subject: I-D Action: draft-smith-6man-mitigate-nd-cache-dos-slnd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 05:33:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mitigating IPv6 Router Neighbor Cache DoS Using Stateless Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)       : Mark Smith
                          Oliver Ddin
	Filename        : draft-smith-6man-mitigate-nd-cache-dos-slnd-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-18

Abstract:
   The IPv6 neighbor discovery cache is vulnerable to a Denial of
   Service attack that purposely exhausts the state used during the
   neighbor discovery address resolution process described in RFC 4861.
   This attack can be very disruptive when the target is a router.  This
   memo proposes a stateless form of neighbor discovery to be used by
   routers to mitigate this attack. It does not require any changes to
   hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-6man-mitigate-nd-cache-dos-slnd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-6man-mitigate-nd-cache-dos-slnd-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-smith-6man-mitigate-nd-cache-dos-slnd-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/