Subject: I-D Action: draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:34:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RO Extensions for PMIPv6-LR (ROEXT)
	Author(s)       : Michael Mathias Boc
                          Christophe Janneteau
                          Alexandru Petrescu
	Filename        : draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The communication path between two Hosts within a Proxy Mobile IPv6
   domain is artificially long - it involves the LMA, even if straight
   paths exist (under same MAG, or MAG-to-MAG).  Localized Routing
   PMIPv6-LR concepts developped by NETEXT WG make use of LRI/LRA
   messages to achieve optimized MAG-to-MAG straight paths.  This may
   prove inconvenient for the network operator, in that it may loose
   ability to control traffic (LMA control point is skipped).

   In this draft we present a middle-ground solution.  It employs new
   Intermediary Anchors (IAs) in the paths between MAGs and offers
   points of control of traffic useful for QoS and lawful interception.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/