Subject: I-D Action: draft-jennings-core-transitive-trust-enrollment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 07:40:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transitive Trust Enrollment for Constrained Devices
	Author(s)       : Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-jennings-core-transitive-trust-enrollment-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-10-13

Abstract:
   This document provides a sketch of a rendezvous protocol that allows
   constrained internet devices such as sensors to securely connect into
   a system that uses them.  The solution is based on the idea that each
   device will be manufactured with a one time password that can be used
   by the customer to tell the device which controller to enroll with,
   and the device will be manufactured to contact a given Transfer
   Server that is used to tell the device which system to connect to.
   The administrator of the device will be able to get this one time
   password from the device using a QR code, and then will be able to
   use that one time password to inform a Transfer Server which system
   the device should connect to.  The device will contact the Transfer
   Agent, get this information, and then connect to the appropriate
   system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-core-transitive-trust-enrollment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-core-transitive-trust-enrollment-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jennings-core-transitive-trust-enrollment-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/