Subject: I-D Action: draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:36:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Supporting Shared Mesh Protection in MPLS-TP Networks
	Author(s)       : Ping Pan
                          Rajan Rao
                          Biao Lu
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Fei Zhang
                          Sam Aldrin
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Sri Mohana Satya Srinivas Singamsetty
	Filename        : draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   Shared mesh protection is a common protection and recovery mechanism
   in transport networks, where multiple paths can share the same set of
   network resources for protection purposes.

   In the context of MPLS-TP, it has been explicitly requested as a part
   of the overall solution (Req. 67, 68 and 69 in RFC5654 [RFC5654]).

   It's important to note that each MPLS-TP LSP may be associated with
   transport network resources.  In event of network failure, it may
   require explicit activation on the protecting paths before switching
   user traffic over.

   In this memo, we define a lightweight signaling mechanism for
   protecting path activation in shared mesh protection-enabled MPLS-TP
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pan-shared-mesh-protection-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/