Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:04:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Browser Hints
	Author(s)       : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-10-14

Abstract:
   Over time, Web browsers have adapted how they use HTTP based upon
   common server configurations and behaviours.  While this is necessary
   in the common case, it can be detrimental for performance and
   interoperability.

   This document establishes a mechanism whereby origin servers can make
   available hints for browsers about their preferences and
   capabilities, without imposing overhead on their interactions or
   requiring support for them.

   This is intended to allow browsers to safely optimise connections to
   servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/