Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:55:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTCP SDES Item SRCNAME to Label Individual Sources
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Patrik Sandgren
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document defines a new SDES item called SRCNAME which uniquely
   identifies a single media source, like a camera or a microphone.
   That way anyone receiving the SDES information from a set of
   interlinked RTP sessions can determine which SSRCs are logically
   related to the same source.  It can equally be used to label SSRC
   multiplexed related streams, such as FEC or Retransmission streams
   related to the original source stream in the same session.  In
   addition the new SDES item is also defined for usage with the SDP
   source specific media attribute ("a=ssrc"), enabling an end-point to
   declare and learn the source bindings through signalling ahead of
   receiving RTP/RTCP packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/