Subject: I-D Action: draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:00:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NETCONF over WebSocket
	Author(s)       : Tomoyuki Iijima
                          Hiroyasu Kimura
                          Yoshifumi Atarashi
                          Hidemitsu Higuchi
	Filename        : draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-10-16

Abstract:
   This memo proposes a way of transporting NETCONF over WebSocket
   protocol.  Web-related technologies are advancing and number of Web-
   based systems are increasing.  Management systems that adopt Web-
   related technologies or that have browser-based management interface
   are getting common.  It is natural to expect that there is a standard
   network operation and management protocol to be used over HTTP.
   Currently, however, there are few efforts in this area.  Although
   NETCONF[RFC6241] once defined itself to be sent over SOAP/
   HTTPS[RFC4743], supposedly due to unfamiliarity to SOAP or lack of
   bi-directional capability, such efforts aren't successful
   enough[I-D.ietf-netconf-rfc4743-rfc4744-to-historic].  But now,
   WebSocket protocol, the update of HTTP equipped with bi-directional
   capability, is available[RFC6455].  This memo describes how NETCONF
   should be treated over WebSocket protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iijima-netconf-websocket-ps-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/