Subject: I-D Action: draft-fedyk-ccamp-l1vpn-extnd-overlay-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:55:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Overlay Extension Service Model
	Author(s)       : Don Fedyk
                          Dieter Beller
                          Lieven Levrau
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Yuji Tochio
	Filename        : draft-fedyk-ccamp-l1vpn-extnd-overlay-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document builds on the GMPLS overlay model [RFC4208] and defines
   extensions to the GMPLS User-Network Interface (UNI) to support route
   diversity within the core network for sets of LSPs initiated by edge
   nodes. A particular example where route diversity within the core
   network is desired, are dual-homed edge nodes. The document also
   defines GMPLS UNI extensions to deal with latency requirements for
   edge node initiated LSPs.

   This document is also applicable to the L1VPN framework [RFC4847] to
   extend the L1VPN from the basic mode to the enhanced mode by
   including additional constraints, focusing upon the overlay extension
   service model. Route Diversity for customer LSPs are common
   requirement applicable to L1VPNs. This document describes L1VPN
   compatible mechanisms to achieve diversity for sets of customer LSPs.
   The extended overlay service model can support other extensions for
   L1VPN signaling, for example, those related to latency requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fedyk-ccamp-l1vpn-extnd-overlay

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fedyk-ccamp-l1vpn-extnd-overlay-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fedyk-ccamp-l1vpn-extnd-overlay-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/