Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-mmusic-stun-auth-fw-traversal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:26:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : STUN Extensions for Firewall Traversal
	Author(s)       : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal
                          Ram Mohan Ravindranath
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-reddy-mmusic-stun-auth-fw-traversal-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   Some networks deploy firewalls configured to block UDP traffic.  When
   SIP user agents or WebRTC endpoints are deployed behind such
   firewalls, media cannot be sent over UDP across the firewall, but
   must be sent using TCP (which causes a different user experience) or
   through a session border controller.

   This draft describes an alternate model wherein extensions to ICE
   connectivity checks can be examined by the firewall to permit
   outgoing UDP flows across the firewall.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-mmusic-stun-auth-fw-traversal

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-mmusic-stun-auth-fw-traversal-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/