Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-pce-protection-applicability-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:07:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Applicability of the PCE to Computing Protection and Recovery Paths for Single Domain and Multi-Domain Networks.
	Author(s)       : Huaimo Chen
                          Venugopal Reddy Kondreddy
                          Dhruv Dhody
	Filename        : draft-chen-pce-protection-applicability-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   A link or node failure can significantly impact network services in
   large-scale networks.  Therefore it is important to ensure the
   survivability of large scale networks which consist of various
   connections provided over multiple interconnected networks with
   varying technologies.

   This document examines the applicability of the PCE architecture,
   protocols, and procedures for computing protection paths and
   restoration services, for single and multi-domain networks.

   This document also explains the mechanism of Fast Re-Route (FRR)
   where a point of local repair (PLR) needs to find the appropriate
   merge point (MP) to do bypass path computation using PCE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-pce-protection-applicability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-pce-protection-applicability-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-pce-protection-applicability-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/