Subject: I-D Action: draft-luo-dmm-with-ipv6-prefix-properties-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 03:26:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Distributed Mobility Management Approaches with IPv6 Prefix Properties
	Author(s)       : Wen Luo
                          Tricci So
	Filename        : draft-luo-dmm-with-ipv6-prefix-properties-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This draft extends the existing PMIP-based mobility management
   protocol to support a more distributed model by introducing two new
   logical functions to enable distributed anchoring and location
   management.  Given the consideration that, the MN may not always
   require the mobility support that requires the use of the global
   prefix and additional network resources, this draft supports the
   option to leverage the extended properties of IPv6 prefixes source
   address selection hint (i.e.  IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol and
   its Prefix Information Option) to enable the UE's selection of IPv6
   prefix according to its service/application's mobility support
   requirement.  When the extended prefix properties feature is
   supported by the MN, this draft enable the MN to select the
   appropriate prefix according to the mechanism as described in
   [I-D.korhonen-dmm-prefix-properties].  Once the IPv6 prefix is
   determined, the rest of the DMM mechanism is similar to the luo draft
   [I-D.luo-dmm-pmip-based-dmm-approach].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-luo-dmm-with-ipv6-prefix-properties

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luo-dmm-with-ipv6-prefix-properties-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/