Subject: I-D Action: draft-haleplidis-forces-virtualization-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:00:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtualization of the Forwarding Plane Devices with ForCES
	Author(s)       : Evangelos Haleplidis
                          Odysseas Koufopavlou
                          Spyros Denazis
	Filename        : draft-haleplidis-forces-virtualization-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model provides a formal way to represent the capabilities,
   state, and configuration of forwarding elements within the context of
   the ForCES protocol, so that control elements (CEs) can control the
   FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model describes the logical
   functions that are present in an FE, what capabilities these
   functions support, and how these functions are or can be
   interconnected.

   The ForCES model provides the necessary abstractions to natively
   support virtualization of the forwarding plane.  This documents
   describes a formal approach to model the necessary parameters
   required for defining and managing virtual network forwarding planes
   to create virtual network elements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haleplidis-forces-virtualization

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haleplidis-forces-virtualization-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-haleplidis-forces-virtualization-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/