Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:55:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to VPLS PE model for Provider Backbone Bridging
	Author(s)       : Florin Balus
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Nabil Bitar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   IEEE 802.1ah standard [IEEE802.1ah], also known as Provider Backbone
   Bridges (PBB) defines an architecture and bridge protocols for
   interconnection of multiple Provider Bridge Networks (PBNs). PBB was
   defined in IEEE as a connectionless technology based on multipoint
   VLAN tunnels. MSTP is used as the core control plane for loop
   avoidance and load balancing. As a result, the coverage of the
   solution is limited by STP scale in the core of large service
   provider networks. PBB on the other hand can be used to attain better
   scalability in terms of number of customer MAC addresses and number
   of service instances that can be supported.

   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) [RFC4664] provides a framework for
   extending Ethernet LAN services, using MPLS tunneling capabilities,
   through a routed MPLS backbone without running (M)STP across the
   backbone. As a result, VPLS has been deployed on a large scale in
   service provider networks.

   This draft discusses extensions to the VPLS PE model required to
   incorporate desirable PBB components while maintaining the Service
   Provider fit of the initial model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/