Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:01:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting Against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism for protecting hosts connected to
   a broadcast network against rogue DHCPv6 servers.  The aforementioned
   mechanism is based on DHCPv6 packet-filtering at the layer-2 device
   on which the packets are received.  The aforementioned mechanism has
   been widely deployed in IPv4 networks ('DHCP snooping'), and hence it
   is desirable that similar functionality be provided for IPv6
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/