Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:23:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Handling MPLS-TP OAM Packets Targeted at Internal MIPs
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Hideki Endo
                          Rolf Winter
                          Yoshinori Koike
                          Manuel Paul
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The Framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how Maintenance
   Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within
   network nodes at the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

   This document describes a way of forming OAM messages so that they
   can be targeted at MIPs on incoming or MIPs on outgoing interfaces,
   forwarded correctly through the forwarding engine, and handled
   efficiently in node implementations where there is no distinction
   between the incoming and outgoing MIP.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/