Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-isis-ia-tlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:51:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interface Addresses TLV
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-isis-ia-tlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies an IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) TLV that enables the reporting by an Intermediate System of
   sets of addresses of different types such that all of the addresses
   in each set designate the same interface. For example, an EUI-48 MAC
   (Extended Unique Identifier 48-bit, Media Access Control) address,
   IPv4 address, and IPv6 address can be reported as all corresponding
   to the same interface. Such information could be used, for example,
   to synthesize responses to or by-pass the need for the Address
   Resolution Protocol (ARP) or the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND)
   protocol in some cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-isis-ia-tlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-isis-ia-tlv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/