Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:39:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for 4rd
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This memo specifies 4rd technology's multicast component so that IPv4
   hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4 servers over an IPv6
   network.  In 4rd encapsulation solution for encapsulation variant of
   Mapping of Address and Port (MAP), MAP-E, IGMP Proxy at the 4rd
   Customer Edge router uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel established by MAP-E to
   exchange IGMP messages to establish multicast state at MAP Border
   Relay so that MAP Border Relay can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4
   hosts connected to MAP Customer Edge device.  In 4rd Translation
   Multicast solution for 4rd and translation variant of MAP, MAP-T,
   IGMP messages are translated into MLD messages at the CE router which
   is IGMP/MLD Proxy and sent to the network in IPv6. 4rd Border Relay
   does the reverse translation and joins IPv4 multicast group for 4rd
   hosts.  Border Relay as multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data
   and translates the packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends
   downstream on the multicast tree.  Member CEs receive multicast data,
   translate it back to IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/