Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:02:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies. TRILL supports multi-pathing of both unicast and
   multicast traffic. Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called RBridges (Routing Bridges) or TRILL Switches.

   The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) protocol is
   a VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way a TRILL switch can
   communicate VLAN-x end station addresses to other TRILL switches
   announcing ESADI participation for VLAN-x (normally a VLAN-x
   Appointed Forwarder) and running the ESADI protocol.  This document
   updates RFC 6325, specifically the documentation of the ESADI
   protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/