Subject: I-D Action: draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:11:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)       : Hiroshi Kitamura
                          Shingo Ata
	Filename        : draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-10-16

Abstract:
   This document discusses notion and actual mechanisms of
   "Corresponding Auto Names" for IPv6 Addresses. With this mechanism,
   all IPv6 addresses (even if they are link-local scoped addresses)
   can obtain their own Names, and it will be able to use Names
   anywhere instead of IPv6 Addresses.

   IPv6 address is too long and complicated to remember, and it is
   very nuisance to type a literal IPv6 address manually as an
   argument of applications. Also, it is very difficult for human
   beings to tell which IPv6 address is set to which actual IPv6 node.
   In this sense, literal IPv6 address information can be called
   meaningless information for human beings.

   In order to solve above problems and to provide annotated
   meaningful information to IPv6 addresses, mechanisms called
   Corresponding Auto Names for IPv6 addresses is introduced. They
   will become human friendly information. By applying a simple naming
   rule to the Auto Names (e.g., use the same Auto Name Suffix for
   IPv6 addresses that are set to the same interface (node)), this
   will contribute to help people to understand which IPv6 address /
   Name indicates which actual IPv6 node and provide meaningful
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kitamura-ipv6-auto-name-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/