Subject: I-D Action: draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:34:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : KARP KMP: Simplified Peer Authentication
	Author(s)       : Uma Chunduri
                          Albert Tian
	Filename        : draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-05

Abstract:
   This document describes the usage of Router Fingerprint
   Authentication (RFA) with public keys as a potential peer
   authentication method with KARP Key Management Protocol (KMP).  The
   advantage of RFA is, neither it requires out-of-band, mutually
   agreeable symmetric keys nor a full PKI based system (trust anchor or
   CA certificates) for mutual authentication of the peers with KARP KMP
   deployments.  Usage of Router Fingerprints give a significant
   operational improvement from symmetric key based systems and yet
   provide a secure authentication technique.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/