Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-filtering-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:57:19 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Technical Considerations for Internet Service Filtering
    Author(s)     : R. Barnes, et al
    Filename      : draft-iab-filtering-considerations
    Pages         : 19 
    Date          : Oct. 15, 2012 
    
The Internet is structured to be an open communications medium.  This
   openness is one of the key underpinnings of Internet innovation, but
   it can allow communications that may be viewed as either desirable or
   undesirable by different parties.  Thus, as the Internet has grown,
   so have mechanisms to limit the extent and impact of abusive or
   allegedly illegal communications.  Recently, there has been an
   increasing emphasis on &quot;blocking&quot;, the active prevention of abusive
   or allegedly illegal communications.  This document examines several
   technical approaches to Internet content blocking in terms of their
   alignment with the overall Internet architecture.  In general, the
   approach to content blocking that is most coherent with the Internet
   architecture is to inform endpoints about potentially undesirable
   services, so that the communicants can avoid engaging in abusive or
   illegal communications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-filtering-considerations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.