Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 06:49:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Shared Ring protection (MSRP) mechanism
	Author(s)       : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Lei Wang
                          Han Li
                          Kai Liu
                          Jia He
                          Fang Li
                          Jian Yang
                          Junfang Wang
	Filename        : draft-cheng-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This document describes requirements and solutions for MPLS-TP Shared
   ring protection (MSRP) in ring topology for point to point (P2P)
   services.  The mechanisms of MSRP are illustrated and analyzed how to
   satisfy the MPLS-TP requirements in RFC5654 for optimized ring
   protection.  MSRP could support wrapping and steering protection
   mechanisms for P2P services, which provide a simple and reliable
   protection switching.  The survivability of the network could be
   improved and the operation and maintain could be more easy.  Ring
   protection solution for p2mp services will be documented in another
   draft latterly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheng-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/