Subject: I-D Action: draft-cecczhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709v3-lmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:27:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Link Management Protocol (LMP) extensions for G.709 Optical Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : Fatai Zhang
                          Xian Zhang
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Diego Caviglia
                          Guoying Zhang
                          Dieter Beller
                          Sergio Belotti
	Filename        : draft-cecczhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709v3-lmp-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-10-12

Abstract:
   Recent progress of the Optical Transport Network (OTN) has introduced
   new signal types (i.e., ODU0, ODU4, ODU2e and ODUflex) and new
   Tributary Slot granularity (1.25Gbps).

   Since equipments deployed prior to recently defined ITU-T
   recommendations only support 2.5 Gbps Tributary Slot granularity and
   ODU1, ODU2 and ODU3 containers, the compatibility problem should be
   considered. In addition, a Higher Order ODU (HO ODU) link may not
   support all the types of Lower Order ODU (LO ODU) signals defined by
   the new OTN standard because of the limitation of the devices at the
   two ends of a link. In these cases, the control plane is required to
   run the capability discovering functions for the evolutive OTN.

   This document describes the extensions to the Link Management
   Protocol (LMP) needed to discover the capability of HO ODU link,
   including the granularity of Tributary Slot to be used and the LO ODU
   signal types that the link can support. Moreover, extensions of LMP
   test messages detailing the OTN technology specific information in
   order to cover also G.709v3 signal types and containers are also
   provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cecczhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709v3-lmp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cecczhang-ccamp-gmpls-g709v3-lmp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/