Subject: I-D Action: draft-yizhou-trill-tc-awareness-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:53:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Aware Spanning Tree Topology Change on RBridges
	Author(s)       : Yizhou Li
                          Weiguo Hao
                          Naveen Nimmu
                          Anoop Ghanwani
	Filename        : draft-yizhou-trill-tc-awareness-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-10-21

Abstract:
   When a local LAN running spanning tree protocol connecting to TRILL
   campus via more than one RBridge, there are several ways to perform
   loop avoidance. One of them illustrated by RFC6325 [RFC6325] A.3 was
   to make relevant ports on edge RBridges involving in spanning tree
   calculation. When edge RBridges are emulated as a single highest
   priority root, the local bridged LAN will be naturally partitioned
   after running spanning tree protocol. This approach achieves better
   link utilization and intra-VLAN load balancing in some scenarios.
   This document describes how the edge RBridges react to topology
   change occurring in bridged LAN in order to make the abovementioned
   spanning tree approach function correct.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yizhou-trill-tc-awareness

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yizhou-trill-tc-awareness-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yizhou-trill-tc-awareness-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/