Subject: I-D Action: draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:35:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Implications of Blocking Outgoing Ports Except Ports 80 and 443
	Author(s)       : Marc Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   Users are often connected to Internet with very few outgoing ports
   available, such as only port 80 and 443 over TCP.  This situation has
   many implications on designing, deploying and using IETF protocols,
   such as encaspulating protocols within HTTP, difficulty to do traffic
   engineering, quality of service, peer-to-peer, multi-channel
   protocols or deploying new transport protocols.  This document
   describes the situation and its implications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/