Subject: I-D Action: draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:18:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Topology API Use Cases
	Author(s)       : Shane Amante
                          Jan Medved
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
	Filename        : draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   This document describes use cases for gathering routing, forwarding
   and policy information, (hereafter referred to as topology
   information), about the network and reflecting changes to the
   topology back into the network and related systems.  It describes
   several applications that need to view or change the topology of the
   underlying physical or logical network.  This document further
   demonstrates a need for a "Topology Manager" and related functions
   that collects topology data from network elements and other data
   sources, coalesces the collected data into a coherent view of the
   overall network topology, and normalizes the network topology view
   for use by clients -- namely, applications that consume or want to
   change topology information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/