Subject: I-D Action: draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:35:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
	Author(s)       : Per Hurtig
                          Andreas Petlund
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
   SCTP retransmission timers that provides faster loss recovery when a
   connection's amount of outstanding data is small.  The modification
   allows the transport to restart its retransmission timer more
   aggressively in situations where fast retransmit cannot be used.
   This enables faster loss detection and recovery for connections that
   are short-lived or application-limited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hurtig-tcpm-rtorestart-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/