Subject: I-D Action: draft-fielding-http-key-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 23:08:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Key HTTP Response Header Field
	Author(s)       : Roy T. Fielding
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-fielding-http-key-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-10-14

Abstract:
   The 'Key' header field for HTTP responses allows an origin server to
   describe the cache key for a negotiated response: a short algorithm
   that can be used upon later requests to determine if the same
   response is reusable.

   Key has the advantage of avoiding an additional round trip for
   validation whenever a new request differs slightly, but not
   significantly, from prior requests.

   Key also informs user agents of the request characteristics that
   might result in different content, which can be useful if the user
   agent is not sending Accept* fields in order to reduce the risk of
   fingerprinting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fielding-http-key

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fielding-http-key-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fielding-http-key-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/