Subject: I-D Action: draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:07:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
	Author(s)       : Sabine Randriamasy
                          W. D. Roome
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-07.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a "Network Map Service", an
   "Endpoint Cost Service" and an "Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service" and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a light way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol in two ways.  First, including
   information on multiple Cost Types in a single ALTO transaction
   provides a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
   growing diversity of Content and Resources Networking Applications
   and to the network conditions.  Second, one ALTO query and response
   exchange on N Cost Types is faster and lighter than N single cost
   transactions.  All this also helps producing a faster and more robust
   choice when multiple Endpoints need to be selected.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/