Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:19:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Seamless MPLS Architecture
	Author(s)       : Nicolai Leymann
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Maciek Konstantynowicz
                          Dirk Steinberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls-02.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This documents describes an architecture which can be used to extend
   MPLS networks to integrate access and aggregation networks into a
   single MPLS domain ("Seamless MPLS").  The Seamless MPLS approach is
   based on existing and well known protocols.  It provides a highly
   flexible and a scalable architecture and the possibility to integrate
   100.000 of nodes.  The separation of the service and transport plane
   is one of the key elements; Seamless MPLS provides end to end service
   independent transport.  Therefore it removes the need for service
   specific configurations in network transport nodes (without end to
   end transport MPLS, some additional services nodes/configurations
   would be required to glue each transport domain).  This draft defines
   a routing architecture using existing standardized protocols.  It
   does not invent any new protocols or defines extensions to existing
   protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mpls-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/