Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-arch-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:23:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Networking Architecture for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Tim Chown
                          Jari Arkko
                          Anders Brandt
                          Ole Troan
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-arch-06.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   This text describes evolving networking technology within
   increasingly large residential home networks.  The goal of this
   document is to define an architecture for IPv6-based home networking,
   while describing the associated principles, considerations and
   requirements.  The text briefly highlights the specific implications
   of the introduction of IPv6 for home networking, discusses the
   elements of the architecture, and suggests how standard IPv6
   mechanisms and addressing can be employed in home networking.  The
   architecture describes the need for specific protocol extensions for
   certain additional functionality.  It is assumed that the IPv6 home
   network is not actively managed, and runs as an IPv6-only or dual-
   stack network.  There are no recommendations in this text for the
   IPv4 part of the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-arch-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/