Subject: I-D Action: draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:10:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A framework for Point-to-Multipoint MPLS-TP OAM
	Author(s)       : Yoshinori Koike
                          Takafumi Hamano
                          Masatoshi Namiki
	Filename        : draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-11-08

Abstract:
   The MPLS transport profile (MPLS-TP) is being standardized to enable
   carrier-grade packet transport.

   This document discusses and specifies P2MP framework primarily
   related to OAM, management, and recovery. This document is mainly
   based on RFC5654 and RFC6371. The main focus is on the details not
   covered in relevant RFCs such as RFC5654, RFC5860, RFC5921, RFC5951,
   RFC6371 and the draft-fbb-mpls-tp-p2mp-framework. Other requirements
   for p2mp transport paths, such as recovery, will also be specified in
   a future version on the premise that there are return paths.

   Note: This I-D was made and updated based on discussions in ITU-T
   SG15, which were described in Liaison Statements: Request advance
   work on the P2MP framework in the MPLS-TP
   (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1163/) and Progressing work on
   P2MP MPLS-TP connections (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1202/)

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hmk-mpls-tp-p2mp-oam-framework-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/