Subject: I-D Action: draft-chan-dmm-framework-gap-analysis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:10:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Framework for Mobility Management Protocol Analysis
	Author(s)       : H Anthony Chan
                          Pierrick Seite
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
	Filename        : draft-chan-dmm-framework-gap-analysis-06.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-11-07

Abstract:
   This document introduces a framework for analyzing mobility
   management protocols in terms of their key abstracted logical
   functions.  The framework is capable of presenting a unified view,
   reducing the clutter that obscures a casual reader from understanding
   the commonalities between different approaches in mobility
   management.  More importantly, a first order application of this
   framework allows us to examine previously standardized mobility
   management protocols, such as MIPv6 and PMIPv6 (as well as several of
   their extensions), and describe their core functionality in terms of
   different configurations of the logical functions defined by the
   framework.  As a result, we can use the framework to analyze the gaps
   between the protocols needed in a distributed mobility management
   environment and the functionality provided by the current generation
   of mobility management protocols.  Our analysis points to the need
   for a re-configuration of logical functions identified in the
   framework as well as the need for new extensions which can make
   distributed mobility management possible in the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chan-dmm-framework-gap-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chan-dmm-framework-gap-analysis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chan-dmm-framework-gap-analysis-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/