Subject: I-D Action: draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 05:56:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Indoor Signal Position Conveyance
	Author(s)       : Kipp Jones
	Filename        : draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-01.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2012-11-05

Abstract:
   Location Information Servers rely on signal surveys to create a
   signal map allowing for subsequent device location determination.
   This document describes a method by which a Survey Device is able to
   provide indoor location related measurement data to a LIS for
   positioning purposes.  Location related measurement information
   comprises observations concerning properties related to the position
   of a Survey Device and the radio, electromagnetic, and other
   observable environmental measures as perceived by the Survey Device.
   These measurements could be data about Wi-Fi signals, Bluetooth
   signals, barometric pressure, or any other environmental measurement
   which could sent to a LIS for subsequent processing to help determine
   the location of devices that later enter the venue.  A basic set of
   location-related measurements, data rights disclosure and location
   types are defined.  This document also describes the use of HTTP/TLS
   as transport for the data object.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jones-geopriv-sigpos-survey-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/