Subject: I-D Action: draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 01:23:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advanced Groupware Access Protocol
	Author(s)       : Iulian Radu
	Filename        : draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-06.txt
	Pages           : 114
	Date            : 2012-11-08

Abstract:
   The Advanced Groupware Access Protocol, (AGAP) allows a client to
   access and store electronic mail messages, contacts, events, files,
   and configurations on a server.  The electronic mail messages can be
   grouped in folders.  AGAP also provides the capability for an offline
   client to resynchronize with the server.

   AGAP does not specify a means of posting electronic mail messages;
   this function is handled by a mail transfer protocol such as SMTP
   [RFC2821].  It also does not specify a means for exchanging messages
   with contacts that are reported as being online; this function is
   handled by an instant messaging protocol such as XMPP [RFC3921].

   AGAP includes the following operations for electronic mail messages:
   creating, deleting, renaming, moving and coping mail folders;
   checking for new messages; permanently removing messages; moving and
   coping messages between folders; fetching information about a
   message; setting and clearing tags for messages; searching in
   messages; retrieving only a part of a message; marking messages as
   SPAM; deleting attachments from a message.

   AGAP includes the following operations to manipulate the contacts:
   creating, deleting, moving, coping, tagging, and searching contacts;
   checking if a contact is online; fetching information about a
   contact.

   AGAP includes the following operations related to the use of the
   events: creating, deleting, moving, coping and tagging events in
   calendar; fetching events details; searching for events.

   All entries are read and written in format XML encoded UTF-8
   [RFC3629] and each entry is identified by a unique alphanumeric
   identifier.

   AGAP is designed to support access only to a single server per
   connection.  It is also designed to balance the volume of text
   exchanged between the server and clients and its readability by
   humans for debugging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iulian-advanced-groupware-access-protocol-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/