Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:03:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : VPLS Interoperability with Provider Backbone Bridges
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Chris Metz
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Dinesh Mohan
                          Florin Balus
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-11-16

Abstract:
   The scalability of H-VPLS with Ethernet access network can be
   improved by incorporating Provider Backbone Bridge functionality in
   VPLS access. Provider Backbone Bridging has been standardized as IEEE
   802.1ah-2008, and aims to improve the scalability of MAC addresses
   and service instances in Provider Ethernet networks. This document
   describes different interoperability scenarios where Provider
   Backbone Bridge functionality is used in H-VPLS with Ethernet or MPLS
   access network to attain better scalability in terms of number of
   customer MAC addresses and number of service instances. The document
   also describes the scenarios and the mechanisms for incorporating
   Provider Backbone Bridge functionality within H-VPLS with existing
   Ethernet access and interoperability among them. Furthermore, the
   document discusses the migration mechanisms and scenarios by which
   Provider Backbone Bridge functionality can be incorporated into H-
   VPLS with existing MPLS access.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-interop-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/