Subject: I-D Action: draft-detti-conet-ip-option-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:04:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv4 and IPv6 Options to support Information Centric Networking
	Author(s)       : Andrea Detti
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Nicola Blefari-Melazzi
	Filename        : draft-detti-conet-ip-option-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-11-30

Abstract:
   The Information Centric Networking (ICN) paradigm, shifts the focus
   of networking from providing connections between hosts to efficiently
   providing content to the users.  The work on ICN has traditionally
   been performed looking at "clean-slate" solutions which aims to
   replace IP with a new paradigm.  On the other hand, in this memo we
   propose an "integration" approach to Information Centric Networking,
   i.e. we extend the IP protocol using a new IP Option (both for IPv4
   and IPv6).  The new IP option is used by routers to support
   networking based on content rather than (or better in addition to)
   end-point addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-detti-conet-ip-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-detti-conet-ip-option-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-detti-conet-ip-option-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/