Subject: I-D Action: draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:12:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL Smart Endnodes
	Author(s)       : Radia Perlman
                          ZTE Corporation
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Kesava Vijaya Krupakaran
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-11-28

Abstract:
   This draft addresses the problem of the size and freshness of the
   endnode learning table in access RBridges, by allowing endnodes to
   volunteer for endnode learning and encapsulation/decapsulation. Such
   an endnode is known as a "smart endnode". Only the attached RBridge
   can distinguish a "smart endnode" from a "normal endnode". The smart
   endnode uses the nickname of the attached RBridge, so this solution
   does not consume extra nicknames.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/