Subject: I-D Action: draft-add-location-to-ipv6-header-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:46:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP-LOC
	Author(s)       : Ammar J. Salih
	Filename        : draft-add-location-to-ipv6-header-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2012-11-14

Abstract:
 This document describes IP-LOC, a proposed extension which suggests
adding GPS coordinates to IPv6 header. 

The current method of determining location of IP traffic is through
IP address registration database, which is not very accurate as it
depends on how the ISP registers its IP subnets, that is normally
done in a country/city format.

It also assumes that in the future, GPS capability will be added to
the router itself (just like smart phones) and packet marking and
classification based on geo-location will be required.

QoS, firewall and routing based on geo-location will be highly
required when mobile routers move from one geo-location to another
which has different policy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-add-location-to-ipv6-header

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-add-location-to-ipv6-header-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/