Subject: I-D Action: draft-hua-avt-rtp-svcmvc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:26:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extension of RTP for SVC and MVC with usage of ECN
	Author(s)       : Hua Chao
	Filename        : draft-hua-avt-rtp-svcmvc-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-11-04

Abstract:
   This memo specifies how to support RTP packet stream thinning (or
   rate adaptation) and Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) with the
   Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) running over UDP to make effect in
   parallel with reliable RTCP report to the RTP sender.  It introduces
   "dummy RTP packets" into the single-session transmission (SST) mode
   for Scalable Video Coding (SVC) and Multiview Video Coding (MVC).
   The reactions of RTP receivers upon receiving the "dummy RTP packets"
   are defined.  The document also recommend to extend the ECN
   functionalities based on the scalability feature of SVC and MVC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hua-avt-rtp-svcmvc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hua-avt-rtp-svcmvc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/