Subject: I-D Action: draft-levine-tld-variant-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 04:05:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Variants in Second-Level Names Registered in Top Level Domains
	Author(s)       : John Levine
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-levine-tld-variant-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-11-05

Abstract:
   Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA) provides a
   method to map a subset of names written in Unicode into the DNS.
   Some languages allow a particular host name to be written in multiple
   ways because some characters have multiple representations, often
   known as "variants".  This document surveys the approaches that
   ICANN-contracted top level domains have taken to the registration and
   provisioning of domain names that have variants.  This document is
   not (and will not be) a product of the IETF, does not propose any
   method to make variants work "correctly", and is not an introduction
   to internationalization or IDNA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-tld-variant

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-levine-tld-variant-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/