Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 08:10:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Home Network Front End Naming Delegation
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Wouter Cloetens
                          Philippe Lemordant
                          Chris Griffiths
	Filename        : draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-11-06

Abstract:
   CPEs are designed to provide IP connectivity to the Home Network.
   Most of the CPEs are also providing the IP addresses of the nodes of
   the Home Network.  This makes CPEs good candidates for hosting the
   Naming Service that would make devices reachable from the Home
   Network but also from the Internet.

   CPEs have not been designed to host a Naming Service reachable from
   the Internet.  This would expose the CPEs and the Home Network to
   resource exhaustion which would result in making the Home Network
   unreachable, and most probably would also affect the Home Network
   inner communications.

   This document describes an Front End Naming Architecture where the
   CPEs manage the DNS(SEC) zone for its Home Network, and outsource the
   zone to Public Server for resolution coming from the Internet.

   The goal of the document is first to describe a Naming Architecture
   that fulfills Home Network Naming requirements without exposing the
   CPE to resource exhaustion.  Then we intend the CPEs to be easily
   configured by the End Users, and describe the necessary information
   the End User is expect to provide to the CPE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/