Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mattson-irs-usecase-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:17:40 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IRS Use Case for IP and Transport Workflows
    Author(s)     : G. Mattson, et al
    Filename      : draft-mattson-irs-usecase
    Pages         : 8 
    Date          : Nov. 15, 2012 
    
   This document describes use-cases for IRS to provide a lightweight
   method for common management and control state for typical operations
   and workflows of multilayer networks involving both IP and sub-IP
   transport. IRS provides a lightweight, streaming interface between
   routing systems and external applications. By extending the IRS model
   to transport systems, multi-layer networks can be managed and used
   more efficiently. IRS may enable the integration of IP and transport
   maintenance workflows leading to a reduction in operational costs.
   IRS server having visibility into both Optical Transport and IP
   domains will also be able to make optimal use of transport
   infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mattson-irs-usecase-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.