Subject: I-D Action: draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:10:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHC Load Balancing Algorithm for DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Andre Kostur
	Filename        : draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-03.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2012-11-09

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method of algorithmic load balancing for
   IPv6 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) traffic.  It
   enables multiple, cooperating servers to decide which one should
   service a client, without exchanging any information beyond initial
   configuration.  The server selection is based on the servers hashing
   client DHCP Unique Identifiers (DUIDs) when multiple DHCPv6 (DHCPv6)
   servers are available to service DHCPv6 clients.  The proposed
   technique provides for efficient server selection when multiple
   DHCPv6 servers offer services on a network without requiring any
   changes to existing DHCPv6 clients.  The same method is proposed to
   select the target server of a DHCPv6 relay.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kostur-dhc-loadbv6-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/