Subject: I-D Action: draft-staykov-hu-json-canonical-form-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 01:54:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : JSON Canonical Form
	Author(s)       : Georgi Staykov
                          Jeff Hu
	Filename        : draft-staykov-hu-json-canonical-form-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2012-11-07

Abstract:
  A single JSON document can have multiple logically equivalent
  physical representations. While convenient for human interaction, this
  flexibility is inconvenient for cases where a machine is used to
  assess the logical equivalence of documents. In cases where logical
  equivalence is useful, an encoder should produce a canonical form of a
  JSON document. For example, since digital signatures demand the same
  physical representation for logically equivalent documents, a
  canonical physical representation would allow the signature to apply
  to the logical document. This internet draft has the goal to define a
  canonical form of JSON documents. Two logically equivalent documents
  should have same canonical form.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-staykov-hu-json-canonical-form

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-staykov-hu-json-canonical-form-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/