Subject: I-D Action: draft-heikkila-ip-checksum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 21:58:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Practical Math and Algorithms for TCP/IP checksum
	Author(s)       : Heikki Heikkila
	Filename        : draft-heikkila-ip-checksum-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-11-04

Abstract:
   This document reformulates the definition of TCP/IP checksum.
   The new formulation is equivalent to the traditional one, but
   it uses much simpler mathematics, avoiding concepts like "one's
   complement sum".  This document attempts to be helpful for both
   newbies and seasoned engineers when considering checksum
   problems.  Practical calculation and software examples are included.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heikkila-ip-checksum

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heikkila-ip-checksum-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/