Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:52:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTN IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND)
	Author(s)       : Daniel Ellard
                          Richard Altmann
                          Alex Gladd
                          Daniel Brown
	Filename        : draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-11-08

Abstract:
   Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) IP Neighbor Discovery (IPND), is
   a method for otherwise oblivious nodes to learn of the existence,
   availability, and addresses of other DTN participants.  IPND both
   sends and listens for small IP UDP announcement "beacons."  Beacon
   messages are addressed to an IP unicast, multicast, or broadcast
   destination to discover specified remote neighbors, or unspecified
   local neighbors in the topology, e.g. within wireless range.  IPND
   beacons advertise neighbor availability by including the DTN node's
   canonical endpoint identifier.  IPND beacons optionally include
   service availability and parameters.  In this way, neighbor discovery
   and service discovery may be coupled or decoupled as required.  Once
   discovered, new neighbor pairs use advertised availabilities to
   connect, exchange routing information, etc.  This document describes
   DTN IPND.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-dtnrg-ipnd-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/