Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-cga-config-dhcpv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 06:07:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Configuring Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) using DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Sam(Zhongqi) Xia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-cga-config-dhcpv6-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-11-05

Abstract:
   A Cryptographically Generated Address is an IPv6 addresses binding
   with a public/private key pair. However, the current CGA
   specifications are lack of procedures to enable proper management of
   the usage of CGAs. This document analyzes the parameters required for
   the generation of CGA from network configuration and management
   perspective. The configuration procedures of many CGA-relevant
   parameters with existing mechanisms are described in the document.
   Only Sec value has no suitable mechanism to be configured by network
   admin. A new DHCPv6 option is defined accordingly. This document also
   analyses the configuration of the parameters, which are used to
   generate CGAs, using DHCPv6. Although the document does not define
   new DHCPv6 option to carry these parameters for various reasons, the
   configuration procedure is described.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-cga-config-dhcpv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-cga-config-dhcpv6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-cga-config-dhcpv6-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/