Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:47:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Syntax
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Ryan Moats
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-11-27

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   that is intended to serve as a persistent, location-independent
   resource identifier.  The general class of URNs is differentiated
   from all other URIs through the use of the 'urn' URI scheme.  This
   document defines the canonical syntax for URNs, guidelines for URN
   namespaces, requirements for URN presentation and transmission, and
   methods for determining URN equivalence.  This document obsoletes RFC
   2141.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/