Subject: I-D Action: draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:20:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Efficiency aware IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
                          Margaret Wasserman
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-11-21

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 4861) protocol has been designed for
   neighbor's address resolution, unreachability detection, address
   autoconfiguration, router advertisement and solicitation.  With the
   progress of Internet adoption on various industries including home,
   wireless, m2m and Cellular(LTE) networks, there is a desire for
   optimizing the legacy IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol.  This
   document describes a method of optimization by reducing multicast
   messages and introducing an IPv6 address Registration mechanism.
   Efficient IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol is useful for energy-
   efficient IPv6 networks and as well as Data Center and Home Networks.
   The solution is capable of handling existing legacy IPv6 nodes in the
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/