Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 05:28:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A General Framework of Source Address Validation and Traceback for IPv4/IPv6 Transition Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2012-11-06

Abstract:
   IP spoofing always is bothering us along with the Internet invention.
   With the rapid development of IPv6 next generation Internet, this
   issue is more prominent. Existing IP anti-spoofing proposals,
   including SAVI(Source Address Validation Improvement) which was
   advocated by IETF, only focused on single-stack or simple network
   scenarios. To the best of our knowledge, none of them has paid
   attention to the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios. However, since
   transition schemes are plenty and various, one solution cannot meet
   all requirements of them. In this draft, we present a SAVI-based
   general frame-work for IP source address validation and traceback in
   the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios, which achieve this by extracting
   out essential and mutual properties from these schemes, and forming
   sub-solutions for each property. When one transition scheme is
   composed from various properties, its IP source address validation
   and traceback solution is directly comprised by the corresponding
   sub-solutions. Thus, the most exciting advantage of this framework is
   that it is a once-and-for-all solution no matter how transition
   schemes change.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-savi-transition-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/