Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:58:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Assessment of Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2012-11-29

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery is one of the core protocols of the IPv6 suite,
   and provides in IPv6 similar functions to those provided in the IPv4
   protocol suite by the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and the
   Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).  Its increased flexibility
   implies a somewhat increased complexity, which has resulted in a
   number of bugs and vulnerabilities found in popular implementations.
   This document provides guidance in the implementation of Neighbor
   Discovery, and documents issues that have affected popular
   implementations, in the hopes that the same issues do not repeat in
   other implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/