Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:33:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Systematic Rate-independent Reed-Solomon (SR-RS) Erasure Correction Scheme
	Author(s)       : BZ(Bazhong) Shen
                          Erik Stauffer
                          Kamlesh Rath
	Filename        : draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-11-16

Abstract:
   This document specifies a systematic rate-independent Reed-Solomon
   (SR-RS) Erasure correction scheme. The two properties, systematic
   and  rate-independent,  are  fulfilled  by  Lagrange  polynomial
   interpolation. When the number of output symbols is fixed this
   scheme essentially generates a Reed-Solomon (RS) code. Therefore,
   based on the MDS (maximum distance separable) property of RS code,
   this erasure correction scheme is optimal (ideal). Also in this
   document, a two-step fast recovering (decoding) algorithm using fast
   Walsh-Hadamard  transform  is  presented  for  the  proposed  erasure
   correction  scheme.  This  algorithm  achieves  the  time  complexity
   O(n*log2(n)), or linear if  penalization implementation, such as
   multi-core processor, is allowed.

Contents
   1. Introduction...................................................3
   2. Source file segmentation.......................................3
      2.1. Transmit block............................................4
         2.1.1. Working Blocks.......................................4
      2.2. Parameter Selection.......................................4
      2.3. Overview of systematic rate-independent encoding  ........5
      2.4. Parameters and functions used in SR-RS encoding...........6
      2.5. SR-RS encoding............................................7
   3. SR-RS decoder..................................................8
      3.1. Overview of SR-RS decoding................................8
      3.2. SR-RS decoding principle..................................9
      3.3. A realization of the decoding principle: two-step SR-RS
      decoding (informative)........................................10
      3.4. Fast decoding (informative)..............................11
         3.4.1. Hadamard matrices...................................11
         3.4.2. Walsh-Hadamard transform............................11
         3.4.3. Fast Walsh-Hadamard transform.......................12
         3.4.4. Fast SR-RS decoding using fast WHT..................13
   4. Protocol IEs..................................................15
      4.1. FEC Payload IEs..........................................15
      4.2. Common...................................................15
      4.3. Scheme Specific..........................................16
   5. Conventions used in this document.............................16
   6. Security Considerations.......................................17
   7. IANA Considerations...........................................17
   8. References....................................................17
      8.1. Normative References.....................................17
      8.2. Informative References...................................17
   9. Acknowledgments...............................................17

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-rmt-bb-fec-srrscode-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/