Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:10:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol to Access WS database Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protocol to Access White Space (PAWS) Database: Use Cases and Requirements
	Author(s)       : Anthony Mancuso
                          Basavaraj Patil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2012-12-21

Abstract:
   [Editor's Note: This version is submitted for review.  A final, post-
   review version is anticipated that will supersede this version].

   Portions of the radio spectrum that are assigned to a particular use
   but are unused or unoccupied at specific locations and times are
   defined as "white space."  The concept of allowing additional
   transmissions (which may or may not be licensed) in white space is a
   technique to "unlock" existing spectrum for new use.  An obvious
   requirement is that these additional transmissions do not interfere
   with the assigned use of the spectrum.  One approach to using white
   space spectrum at a given time and location is to verify spectrum
   availability with a database that manages spectrum sharing and
   provides spectrum-availability information.

   This document describes a number of possible use cases of white space
   spectrum and technology as well as a set of requirements for the
   database query protocol.  The concept of white spaces is described
   along with the problems that need to be addressed to enable white
   space spectrum for additional uses without causing interference to
   currently assigned use.  Use of white space is enabled by querying a
   database that stores information about spectrum availability at any
   given location and time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-paws-problem-stmt-usecases-rqmts-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/