Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:57:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Making Route Flap Damping Usable
	Author(s)       : Cristel Pelsser
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Olaf Maennel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-12-17

Abstract:
   Route Flap Damping (RFD) was first proposed to reduce BGP churn in
   routers.  Unfortunately, RFD was found to severely penalize sites for
   being well-connected because topological richness amplifies the
   number of update messages exchanged.  Many operators have turned RFD
   off.  Based on experimental measurement, this document recommends
   adjusting a few RFD algorithmic constants and limits, to reduce the
   high risks with RFD, with the result being damping a non-trivial
   amount of long term churn without penalizing well-behaved prefixes'
   normal convergence process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/