Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:50:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Security Framework
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Ben Niven-Jenkins
                          Scott Mansfield
                          Richard F. Graveman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-12-17

Abstract:
   This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP). MPLS-TP extends MPLS
   technologies and introduces new OAM capabilities, a transport-
   oriented path protection mechanism, and strong emphasis on static
   provisioning supported by network management systems. This document
   addresses the security aspects relevant in the context of MPLS-TP
   specifically. It describes potential security threats, security
   requirements for MPLS-TP, and mitigation procedures for MPLS-TP
   networks and MPLS-TP interconnection to other MPLS and GMPLS
   networks. This document is built on RFC5920 "MPLS and GMPLS MPLS and
   GMPLS security framework" by providing additional security
   considerations which are applicable to the MPLS-TP extensions. All
   the security considerations from RFC5920 are assumed to apply.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionality of a packet transport network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/