Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-gss-profiles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:18:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Simplified and Minimized Profiles of the Generic Security Services Application Programming Interface
	Author(s)       : Nicolas Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-gss-profiles-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-12-14

Abstract:
   The Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface (GSS-
   API) is often mistaken for a bloated framework.  The GSS-API is
   really several things: a basis for formal descriptions of application
   authentication protocols (what happens when), a pattern for actual
   programming APIs, a set of constraints and requirements for generic
   security mechanisms, and concrete programming APIs.  Only the first
   of these is relevant to Internet application protocols.

   This document describes simplified and minimized profiles of the GSS-
   API for two purposes: explaining its use, whether in standards
   specifications or actual applications, and specifying sub-sets of the
   API for a) newcomers to the API, b) application developers that wish
   to use it but not have to link the whole thing into their
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-gss-profiles

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-gss-profiles-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/