Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mldp-vrf-in-band-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:32:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multipoint Label Distribution Protocol In-Band Signaling in a VRF Context
	Author(s)       : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Paul Hitchen
                          Nicolai Leymann
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Arkadiy Gulko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mldp-vrf-in-band-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-12-20

Abstract:
   Sometimes an IP multicast distribution tree (MDT) traverses both
   MPLS-enabled and non-MPLS-enabled regions of a network.  Typically
   the MDT begins and ends in non-MPLS regions, but travels through an
   MPLS region.  In such cases, it can be useful to begin building the
   MDT as a pure IP MDT, then convert it to an MPLS Multipoint LSP
   (Label Switched Path) when it enters an MPLS-enabled region, and then
   convert it back to a pure IP MDT when it enters a non-MPLS-enabled
   region.  Other documents specify the procedures for building such a
   hybrid MDT, using Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) in the non-
   MPLS region of the network, and using Multipoint Extensions to Label
   Distribution Protocol (mLDP) in the MPLS region.  This document
   extends those procedures to handle the case where the link connecting
   the two regions is a "Virtual Routing and Forwarding Table" (VRF)
   link, as defined in the "BGP IP/MPLS VPN" specifications.  However,
   this document is primarily aimed at particular use cases where VRFs
   are used to support multicast applications other than Multicast VPN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mldp-vrf-in-band-signaling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mldp-vrf-in-band-signaling-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/