Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 02:04:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0
	Author(s)       : Brian Campbell
                          Chuck Mortimore
                          Michael B. Jones
                          Yaron Y. Goland
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2012-12-28

Abstract:
   This specification provides a framework for the use of assertions
   with OAuth 2.0 in the form of a new client authentication mechanism
   and a new authorization grant type.  Mechanisms are specified for
   transporting assertions during interactions with a token endpoint, as
   well as general processing rules.

   The intent of this specification is to provide a common framework for
   OAuth 2.0 to interwork with other identity systems using assertions,
   and to provide alternative client authentication mechanisms.

   Note that this specification only defines abstract message flows and
   processing rules.  In order to be implementable, companion
   specifications are necessary to provide the corresponding concrete
   instantiations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/