Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-id-adoption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:29:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Creating an IETF Working Group Draft
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-id-adoption-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-12-02

Abstract:
   The productive output of IETF working groups is documents, as
   mandated by the working group's charter.  When a working group is
   ready to develop a particular document it usually "adopts" it as a
   working group draft.  The document that a working group adopts and
   then develops further is based on initial input at varying levels of
   maturity.  An initial working group draft might be a document already
   in wide use, or it might be a blank sheet, wholly created by the
   working group, or it might represent any level of maturity in
   between.  This document discusses the process of creating formal
   working group drafts that are targeted for publication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-id-adoption

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-id-adoption-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-id-adoption-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/