Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 06:47:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Access Node Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Applicability of Access Node Control Mechanism to PON based Broadband Networks
	Author(s)       : Nabil Bitar
                          Sanjay Wadhwa
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2012-12-02

Abstract:
     The purpose of this document is to provide applicability of the
     Access Node Control mechanism to PON-based broadband access. The
     need for an Access Node Control mechanism between a Network
     Access Server (NAS) and an Access Node Complex (a combination of
     Optical Line Termination (OLT) and Optical Network Termination
     (ONT) elements) is described in a multi-service reference
     architecture in order to perform QoS-related, service-related and
     Subscriber-related operations. The Access Node Control mechanism
     is also extended for interaction between components of the Access
     Node Complex (OLT and ONT). The Access Node Control mechanism
     will ensure that the transmission of information between the NAS
     and Access Node Complex (ANX) and between the OLT and ONT within
     an ANX does not need to go through distinct element managers but
     rather uses a direct device-to-device communication and stays on
     net. This allows for performing access link related operations
     within those network elements to meet performance objectives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ancp-pon

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ancp-pon-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/