Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-ipsec-for-coap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 06:23:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using CoAP with IPsec
	Author(s)       : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-ipsec-for-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-12-06

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  Security for the protocol can be supplied in a number of
   ways.  The mandatory-to-implement security mode for CoAP makes use of
   DTLS.  Other applications may want to use IPsec.

   This document will discuss considerations for the use of IPsec with
   CoAP.  It will be advanced on a timescale separate from the main CoAP
   specification, as most experience in securing CoAP so far has been
   made with DTLS.

   The current version of this specification is a placeholder, built out
   of text extracted from draft-ietf-core-coap-12.  It is meant to pick
   up http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/262 and provide a
   home for its considerations.  It might be merged with other documents
   later.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-ipsec-for-coap

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-ipsec-for-coap-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/