Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 06:30:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-12-20

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices will often
   naturally operate in groups (e.g. in a building automation scenario
   all lights in a given room may need to be switched on/off as a
   group).  This document defines how the CoAP protocol should be used
   in a group communication context.  An approach for using CoAP on top
   of IP multicast is detailed for both constrained and un-constrained
   networks.  Also, various use causes and corresponding protocol flows
   are provided to illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is
   provided for deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/