Subject: I-D Action: draft-romano-dcon-recording-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 01:57:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Session Recording for Conferences using SMIL
	Author(s)       : Alessandro Amirante
                          Tobia Castaldi
                          Lorenzo Miniero
                          Simon Pietro Romano
	Filename        : draft-romano-dcon-recording-07.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-12-14

Abstract:
   This document deals with session recording, specifically for what
   concerns recording of multimedia conferences, both centralized and
   distributed.  Each involved media is recorded separately, and is then
   properly tagged.  A SMIL [W3C.CR-SMIL3-20080115] metadata is used to
   put all the separate recordings together and handle their
   synchronization, as well as the possibly asynchronous opening and
   closure of media within the context of a conference.  This SMIL
   metadata can subsequently be used by an interested user by means of a
   compliant player in order to passively receive a playout of the whole
   multimedia conference session.  The motivation for this document
   comes from our experience with our conferencing framework, Meetecho,
   for which we implemented a recording functionality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-romano-dcon-recording

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romano-dcon-recording-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-romano-dcon-recording-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/