Subject: I-D Action: draft-ionta-spatial-metrics-multiparty-services-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 02:08:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Spatial Aggregation Metrics for Multipary Services
	Author(s)       : Tiziano Ionta
	Filename        : draft-ionta-spatial-metrics-multiparty-services-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-12-05

Abstract:
One of the best chances for a Service Provider to face the complex
growth of IP Services, and their challenging requirements/SLAs along
the Core network, is to enrich the current Performance metrics - mainly
derived from a Network-oriented point of view, and therefore a general
perspective, not focused on specific services - with some more
Performance factors, so to include a Service-oriented point of view,
more centred on the particular kind of service, with its own
characteristics in terms of protocol, application, manageability,
and so on.
To achieve the above goal, and starting from the one-to-group
performance metrics outlined in RFC 5644 [RFC5644], an effort to a
deeper analysis and definition of spatial aggregation metrics (as a
part of the framework for metric composition defined in RFC 5835
[RFC5835])is proposed in this memo, where the main focus is on
multiparty communications (e.g. video providers, online biding,
online stock market, etc.).
This memo lends itself to passive measurement as well as active
measurement.
Finally this memo is tuned to RFC 6390 [RFC6390] in terms of scopes,
framework concepts, and need to widen the current performance metrics
depending on the application, service etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ionta-spatial-metrics-multiparty-services

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ionta-spatial-metrics-multiparty-services-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ionta-spatial-metrics-multiparty-services-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/