Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 07:59:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Virtual Private Network (VPN) traffic leakages in dual-stack hosts/ networks
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-12-12

Abstract:
   The subtle way in which the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols co-exist in
   typical networks, together with the lack of proper IPv6 support in
   popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) products, may inadvertently
   result in VPN traffic leaks.  That is, traffic meant to be
   transferred over a VPN connection may leak out of such connection and
   be transferred in the clear on the local network.  This document
   discusses some scenarios in which such VPN leakages may occur, either
   as a side effect of enabling IPv6 on a local network, or as a result
   of a deliberate attack from a local attacker.  Additionally, it
   discusses possible mitigations for the aforementioned issue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/