Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:45:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake 3rd
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2012-12-12

Abstract:
   RBridges provide frame forwarding service to layer2 switches or end
   stations at the edge of TRILL campus.  As defined in [RFC6325], when
   there are multiple RBridges attached to the same LAN segment, only
   one edge RBridge is allowed to be the frame forwarder of a specific
   VLAN in order to avoid potential frame duplication and loops in the
   TRILL campus.  However, in some application scenarios, for example an
   end station is multi-homed to multiple RBridges needs to improve the
   resiliency and increase the available network bandwidth of the
   connection.  This means all those RBriges attached to the end station
   can act as the frame forwarders of a specific VLAN.  This kind of
   active-active connection violates the definition above.  Frame
   duplication and forwarding loops may happen and it may cause the
   flip-flopping of the egress RBridge nickname associated to the MAC
   address of such an end station in remote RBridges' forwarding tables.
   The Reverse Path Forwarding Check does not work as well, which has
   been addressed in [CMT].  This document proposes the concept of
   Virtual RBridge, along with the pseudo-nickname configuration for
   this Virtual RBridge, to address the above problems in accompany with
   [CMT].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/