Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-running-code-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:19:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving "Rough Consensus" with Running Code
	Author(s)       : Yaron Sheffer
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-running-code-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2012-12-16

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
   Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations.  This
   will allow reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration
   to documents that have the benefit of running code and potentially
   reward the documented protocols by treating the documents with
   implementations preferentially.

   The process in this document is offered as an experiment.  Authors of
   Internet-Drafts are encouraged to consider using the process for
   their documents, and working groups are invited to think about
   applying the process to all of their protocol specifications.

   The authors of this document intend to collate experiences with this
   experiment and to report them to the community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-running-code

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-running-code-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-running-code-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/