Subject: I-D Action: draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 05:52:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM source discovery via BSR
	Author(s)       : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Stig Venaas
                          Michael Brig
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-12-20

Abstract:
   PIM Sparse-Mode use a Rendezvous Point (RP) and shared trees to
   forward multicast packets to Last Hop Routers (LHR).  After the first
   packet is received by the LHR, the source of the multicast stream is
   learned and the Shortest Path Tree (SPT) can be joined.  This draft
   proposes a solution to support PIM Sparse Mode (SM) without the need
   for PIM registers, RPs or shared trees.  Multicast source information
   is distributed via Bootstrap Router [RFC5059] messages and flooded
   throughout the Multicast domain.  By removing the need for RPs and
   shared trees, the PIM-SM procedures are simplified, improving router
   operations, management and making the protocol more robust.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wijnands-pim-source-discovery-bsr-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/