Subject: I-D Action: draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 00:30:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mobility and Interconnection of Virtual Machines and Virtual Network Elements
	Author(s)       : Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Bin Liu
                          Baohua Lei
                          Feng Wang
	Filename        : draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-12-30

Abstract:
   In this draft, we discuss the challenges and requirements related to
   the migration, mobility, and interconnection of Virtual Machines
   (VMs)and Virtual Network Elements (VNEs).  VM migration scheme across
   IP subnets is needed to implement virtual computing resources sharing
   across multiple network administrative domains.  Many technologies
   are involved in the VM migration across DCs.  These technologies are
   classified and discussed according to their different locations in
   the inter-DC and intra-DC network.  For the seamless online migration
   in various scenarios, many problems need to be resolved in the
   control plane.  The VM migration process should be adapted to these
   aspects.  We also describe the limitations of various types of
   virtual local area(VLAN) networking technologies and virtual private
   networking (VPN) technologies that are traditionally expected to
   support such migration, mobility, and interconnections.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/