Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:25:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Duplicating RTP Streams
	Author(s)       : Ali Begen
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-12-29

Abstract:
   Packet loss is undesirable for real-time multimedia sessions, but can
   occur due to congestion, or other unplanned network outages.  This is
   especially true for IP multicast networks, where packet loss patterns
   can vary greatly between receivers.  One technique that can be used
   to recover from packet loss without incurring unbounded delay for all
   the receivers is to duplicate the packets and send them in separate
   redundant streams.  This document explains how Real-time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) streams can be duplicated without breaking RTP media
   streams, or RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/