Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-ft-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:48:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Fast-Track way to Proposed Standard with Running Code
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-farrell-ft-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-12-03

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an optional fast-track way to get from a working
   group document to IESG review that can be used for cases when a
   working group chair believes that there is running code that
   implements a working group Internet-Draft.  The basic idea is to do
   all of working group last call, IETF last call and area director
   review during the same two week period, and to impose a higher
   barrier for comments that might block progress.  The motivation is to
   have the IETF process have a built-in reward for running code,
   consistent with the IETF's overall philosophy of running code and
   rough consensus.  This version is solely proposed by the author (and
   not the IESG) to attempt to ascertain if there is enough interest in
   this to warrant trying out the idea as an RFC 3933 process
   experiment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-ft

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-ft-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrell-ft-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/