Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-ft-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 12:04:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Fast-Track way to Proposed Standard with Running Code
	Author(s)       : Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-farrell-ft-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2012-12-01

Abstract:
   This memo proposes an optional fast-track way to get from a working
   group document to IESG review that can be used for cases when a
   working group chair believes that there is open-source running code
   that implements a working group Internet-Draft.  The basic idea is to
   do all of working group last call, IETF last call and area director
   review during the same two week period, and to impose a higher
   barrier for comments that might block progress.  The motivation is to
   offer a reward for running code, consistent with the IETF's overall
   philosophy of running code and rough consensus.  This version is an
   initial draft solely proposed by the author (and not the IESG) to
   attempt to ascertain if there is enough interest in this to warrant
   trying out the idea as an RFC 3933 process experiment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-ft

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-ft-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/