Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhangj-pce-multi-fiber-inter-domain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 04:20:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCEP extension for multi-fiber existing in inter-domain link
	Author(s)       : Jie Zhang
                          Jingjing Wang
                          Yongli Zhao
                          Shanguo Huang
                          Yun Bai
                          Zhihong Wang
                          Xuping Cao
	Filename        : draft-zhangj-pce-multi-fiber-inter-domain-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-01-09

Abstract:
   Currently, most route computing algorithms only compute a shortest or
   an optimal path.The results of this computation just refer to link
   level, without consideration of fibers.  But, in real networks, the
   link between two adjacent nodes always has multi-fibers.  This
   condition above happens more frequently especially for the gateway
   nodes in the multi-domain network.  Moreover, the number of links
   between two adjacent domains is always more than one.  From the view
   of parent PCE, the two conditions above will be regarded as the
   problem of multi-fibers between adjacent nodes.  However, most route
   computing algorithms always can not solve the problem of multi-fiber
   between adjacent nodes.  As a result, parent PCE can not compute the
   route sequence with specific fibers.  It brings distress and problems
   when parent PCE computing the loose route sequence.

   In order to solve the problems existing in real networks, an
   efficient solution will be proposed for parent PCE facing the multi-
   fiber between adjacent nodes.  Some interface and structure will be
   expanded in this proposal.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhangj-pce-multi-fiber-inter-domain

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhangj-pce-multi-fiber-inter-domain-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhangj-pce-multi-fiber-inter-domain-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/