Subject: I-D Action: draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:05:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) Use Cases
	Author(s)       : David Waltermire
                          Adam W. Montville
	Filename        : draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-01-18

Abstract:
   This document identifies foundational use cases, derived functional
   capabilities, and requirements needed to provide a foundation for
   creating interoperable automation tools and continuous monitoring
   solutions that provide visibility into the state of assets, user
   activities, and network behavior.  Stakeholders will be able to use
   these tools to aggregate and analyze relevant security and
   operational data to understand the organizations security posture,
   quantify business risk, and make informed decisions that support
   organizational objectives while protecting critical information.
   Organizations will be able to use these tools to augment and automate
   information sharing activities to collaborate with partners to
   identify and mitigate threats.  Other automation tools will be able
   to integrate with these capabilities to enforce policies based on
   human decisions to harden systems, prevent misuse and reduce the
   overall attack surface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/