Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-alto-sdn-extension-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:16:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use Cases for ALTO with Software Defined Networks
	Author(s)       : Haiyong Xie
                          Tina Tsou
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Hongtao Yin
	Filename        : draft-xie-alto-sdn-extension-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2013-01-09

Abstract:
   The introduction of SDN fundamentally changes the way that the
   application layer traffic optimization (ALTO) works.  This draft
   describes two architectures, the Vertical Architecture and the
   Horizontal Architecture, allowing coherent coexistence of ALTO and
   software defined network (SDN).  Unique requirements for design and
   operations are identified and summarized, suggesting that the
   Vertical Architecture allows better division, management,
   flexibility, privacy control and long-term evolution of the network.
   We also define the main interactions and information flows, and
   present a set of use cases to illustrate how we extend ALTO to
   support SDN, in the Vertical Architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-alto-sdn-extension-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-alto-sdn-extension-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-alto-sdn-extension-use-cases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/