Subject: I-D Action: draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:10:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Server Message Block and NetBIOS
	Author(s)       : Palanivelan Appanasamy
	Filename        : draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-01-10

Abstract:
   The Server Message Block (SMB) is a presentation layer protocol
   providing file and print sharing functions for LAN Manager, and other
   network operating systems.

   The Network Basic I/O System (NetBIOS) NetBIOS was developed in the
   early 1980s to allow applications to communicate over a network. The
   TCP/IP version called NetBIOSoverTCP/IP(NetBT), was developed to
   support communications between symbolically named stations and
   transfer of arbitrary data.NetBT supports all three services (Name,
   Datagram and Session) supported by NetBIOS.

   This document attempts to provide, Control and Operational details on
   SMB over NetBT session, which is otherwise not clearly explained in
   the RFCs [Netbios concepts] and [Netbios specification] or any
   available documentation.

   This document is intended for documentation purpose and for
   informational use only.This document does not attempt to define a
   standard, rather tries explaining an existing implementation.

   This document puts together pieces of information scattered in
   multiple documents and offers a single complete documentation for
   this specific application (smb over NetBT).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-palanivelan-netbios-smb-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/