Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 07:51:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) Edge Directory Assistance Framework
	Author(s)       : Linda Dunbar
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Intel Labs
                          Igor Gashinsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-01-14

Abstract:
   Edge RBridges currently learn the mapping between MAC addresses and
   their egress RBridges by observing the data packets ingressed or
   egressed and by the TRILL ESADI protocol. When ingress RBridge
   receives a data frame whose destination address (MAC&VLAN) that
   RBridge does not know, the data frame is flooded within the VLAN
   across the TRILL campus.

   This draft describes the framework for using directory services to
   assist edge RBridges by reducing multi-destination frames,
   particularly unknown unicast frames flooding, and ARP/ND, improving
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) network
   scalability in environments such as data centers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/