Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:28:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Principles for Unicode Code Point Inclusion in Labels in the DNS
	Author(s)       : Andrew Sullivan
                          Dave Thaler
                          John C Klensin
                          Olaf Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-01-30

Abstract:
   IDNA makes available to DNS zone administrators a very wide range of
   Unicode code points.  Most operators of zones should probably not
   permit registration of U-labels using the entire range.  This is
   especially true of zones that accept registrations across
   organizational boundaries, such as top-level domains and, most
   importantly, the root.  It is unfortunately not possible to generate
   algorithms to determine whether permitting a code point presents a
   low risk.  This memo presents a set of principles that can be used to
   guide the decision of whether a Unicode code point may be wisely
   included in the repertoire of permissible code points in a U-label in
   a zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-dns-zone-codepoint-pples-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/