Subject: I-D Action: draft-bryan-ftp-lock-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 15:43:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : File Transfer Protocol LOCK Command for Using a Single Port
	Author(s)       : Anthony Bryan
                          Daniel Stenberg
                          Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa
	Filename        : draft-bryan-ftp-lock-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-01-19

Abstract:
   One of the biggest hurdles for FTP in real life usage is its use of
   two connections.  First, it uses a primary connection to send control
   commands on, and when it sends or receives data, it opens a second
   TCP stream for that purpose.  This document specifies a new FTP LOCK
   command to be used by clients to request the server to use the
   control connection for data transfers, using a single port instead of
   two.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryan-ftp-lock

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-ftp-lock-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryan-ftp-lock-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/