Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:57:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for Supporting P2MP in Flexi-Grid Networks
	Author(s)       : Yongli Zhao
                          Xiaosong Yu
                          Jie Zhang
                          Jiayu Wang
                          Xuefeng Lin
	Filename        : draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-01-08

Abstract:
   Multicasting over WDM optical networks has enabled many popular
   Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) applications, such as video conference,
   interactive distance learning, replicated database, distributed
   computing, and so on.  However, on the one hand, the low-rate
   multicasting traffic demands cannot make full use of the capacity of
   the entire wavelength, and on the other hand, new services such as
   data center migration and cloud applications need higher transmission
   rates and higher spectrum efficiency.  Flexi-grid network is an
   effective solution to address the problem of transmission rate and
   spectrum utilization.  It overcomes the fixed grid constraint of
   Wavelength Swithched Optical Network (WSON) by using advanced
   technologies such as coherent detection and Bandwidth Variable-
   Wavelength Selective Switches (BV-WSS).  Therefore, it is essential
   to exploit multicasting over flexi-grid networks.  This document
   covers the requirements for supporting P2MP over flexi-grid
   infrastructure.  Specifically, the scope of requirements listed in
   this document covers the functionality that should be supported by
   the control plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhaoyl-ccamp-p2mp-requirement-flexi-grid-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/