Subject: I-D Action: draft-hummen-hip-middle-puzzle-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:52:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HIP Middlebox Puzzle Offloading and End-host Notification
	Author(s)       : Rene Hummen
                          Martin Henze
                          Jens Hiller
	Filename        : draft-hummen-hip-middle-puzzle-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-01-09

Abstract:
   The Host Identity Protocol [RFC5201] is a secure signaling protocol
   with a cryptographic namespace.  It provides the communicating peers
   with a cryptographic puzzle mechanism to protect against Denial of
   Service (DoS) attacks exploiting the computation and memory overheads
   of the protocol exchange.  This document specifies an extension of
   the protocol that enables an on-path network entity to assist in the
   choice of the puzzle difficulty in case of an attack.  Furthermore,
   it defines a modification of the puzzle mechanism that enables a host
   to delegate puzzle solving to an on-path network entity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hummen-hip-middle-puzzle

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hummen-hip-middle-puzzle-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hummen-hip-middle-puzzle-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/