Subject: I-D Action: draft-levine-tld-variant-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:51:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Variants in Second-Level Names Registered in Top Level Domains
	Author(s)       : John Levine
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-levine-tld-variant-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-01-21

Abstract:
   Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA) provides a
   method to map a subset of names written in Unicode into the DNS.
   Because of Unicode decisions, appearance, language and writing system
   conventions, and historical reasons, it often has been asserted that
   there is more than one way to write what competent readers and
   writers think of as the same host name; the different ways of writing
   are often called "variants".  (The authors note that there are many
   conflicting definitions for the term "variant" in the IDNA
   community.) This document surveys the approaches that top level
   domains have taken to the registration and provisioning of domain
   names that have variants.  This document is not a product of the
   IETF, does not propose any method to make variants work "correctly",
   and is not an introduction to internationalization or IDNA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-tld-variant

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-levine-tld-variant-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/