Subject: I-D Action: draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:26:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Benchmarking Power usage of networking devices
	Author(s)       : Vishwas Manral
                          Puneet Sharma
                          Yang Ping
	Filename        : draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-01-25

Abstract:
   With the rapid growth of networks around the globe there is an ever
   increasing need to improve the energy efficiency of devices.
   Operators begining to seek more information of power consumption in
   the network, have no standard mechanism to measure, report and
   compare power usage of different networking equipment under different
   network configuration and conditions exist.

   This document provides suggestions for measuring power usage of live
   networks under different traffic loads and various switch router
   configuration settings.  It provides a suite which can be deployed on
   any networking device .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-manral-bmwg-power-usage-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/