Subject: I-D Action: draft-schaad-plasma-cms-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:12:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Plasma Service Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Processing
	Author(s)       : Jim Schaad
	Filename        : draft-schaad-plasma-cms-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2013-01-11

Abstract:
   Secure MIME (S/MIME) defined a method of placing security labels on a
   Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) object.  These labels are placed
   as part of the data signed and validated by the parties.  This means
   that the message content is visible to the recipient prior to the
   label enforcement.  A new model for enforcement of policy using a
   third party is described in RFC TBD
   [I.D-draft-freeman-plasma-requirements].  This is the Policy
   Augmented S/MIME (PLASMA) system.  This document provides the details
   needed to implement the new Plasma model in the CMS infrastructure.

   An additional benefit of using the Plasma module is that the server,
   based on policy, manages who has access to the message and how the
   keys are protected.

   The document details how the client encryption and decryption
   processes are performed, defines how to construct the CMS recipient
   info structure, a new content to hold the data required for the
   Plasma server to store the keys and policy information.  The document
   does not cover the protocol between the client and the Plasma policy
   enforcement server.  One example of the client/server protocol can be
   found in RFC TBD [plasma-token].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-plasma-cms

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schaad-plasma-cms-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schaad-plasma-cms-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/