Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-nat-pmp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:00:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP)
	Author(s)       : Stuart Cheshire
                          Marc Krochmal
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-nat-pmp-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-01-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol for automating the process of
   creating Network Address Translation (NAT) port mappings. Included in
   the protocol is a method for retrieving the external IPv4 address of
   a NAT gateway, thus allowing a client to make this external IPv4
   address and port known to peers that may wish to communicate with it.
   From 2005 onwards this protocol was implemented in Apple products
   including Mac OS X, Bonjour for Windows, and AirPort wireless base
   stations. In 2013 NAT-PMP was superseded by the IETF Standards-Track
   Port Control Protocol, which builds on NAT-PMP and uses a compatible
   packet format, but adds a number of significant enhancements [PCP].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-nat-pmp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-nat-pmp-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheshire-nat-pmp-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/