Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:27:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The problem statement of RBridge edge group state synchronization
	Author(s)       : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-01-15

Abstract:
   In TRILL multi-homing scenario, the concept of virtual RBridge in
   [TRILLPN], was introduced to address the MAC flip-flopping problem
   at remote RBridges. Based on virtual RBridge mechanism, Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) solution in [CMT] was introduced to solve the
   related RPF issues. In this document, additional problems are
   described regarding virtual Bridges members' state synchronization
   in multi-homing scenario, including virtual RBridge membership auto
   discovery, pseudo-nickname static configuration consistency check,
   dynamic pseudo-nickname allocation, CMT configuration
   synchronization ,LACP configuration and state synchronization, and
   node/link failure detection. To address these problems, a
   communication protocol among members of a virtual RBridge group
   should be provided. Requirements for this protocol is also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-rb-syn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/