Subject: I-D Action: draft-mm-sdn-vc-vn-on-demand-use-case-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:04:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Software Defined Networks Use Case for Virtual Connection and Network on Demand
	Author(s)       : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Liang Ou
	Filename        : draft-mm-sdn-vc-vn-on-demand-use-case-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-01-15

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networks (SDN) provide a way to virtualize and
   abstract the network and presents the virtual/abstract resources to
   the third-party applications/software.  The applications/software
   can, by the programmable interface or Northbound API, request,
   manipulate and monitor the services that the network provided.  With
   this SDN capability, more innovative services can be introduced and
   rapidly deployed.  Additionally, existing services can be deployed
   and managed in a much more simple way.

   This document outlines two use cases that leverage the SDN
   architecture/model to implement a kind of "self-help" and automated
   set of network services: Virtual Connection on Demand (VCoD) and
   Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-sdn-vc-vn-on-demand-use-case

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mm-sdn-vc-vn-on-demand-use-case-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mm-sdn-vc-vn-on-demand-use-case-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/