Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 11:57:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MVPN: Using Bidirectional P-Tunnels
	Author(s)       : Eric C. Rosen
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Yiqun Cai
                          Arjen Boers
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-01-07

Abstract:
   The RFCs providing multicast support for BGP/MPLS IP VPNs allow
   customer multicast data to be travel across a service provider's
   backbone network through a set multicast tunnels.  These tunnels are
   advertised by BGP in a BGP attribute known as the "Provider Multicast
   Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel Attribute".  Encodings have been
   defined that allow the PMSI Tunnel Attribute to specify bidirectional
   (multipoint-to-multipoint) multicast distribution trees.  However,
   the prior RFCs do not provide all the necessary details for using
   bidirectional tunnels to support multicast VPNs.  These details are
   provided in the current document.  This document also specifies the
   procedures for assigning customer multicast flows to specific
   bidirectional tunnels in the provider backbone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-bidir-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/