Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 09:52:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP Common Log Format Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Common Log Format (CLF) for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP): Framework and Information Model
	Author(s)       : Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Eric W. Burger
                          Tricha Anjali
                          Humberto Abdelnur
                          Olivier Festor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-13.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-01-03

Abstract:
   Well-known web servers such as Apache and web proxies like Squid
   support event logging using a common log format.  The logs produced
   using these de-facto standard formats are invaluable to system
   administrators for trouble-shooting a server and tool writers to
   craft tools that mine the log files and produce reports and trends.
   Furthermore, these log files can also be used to train anomaly
   detection systems and feed events into a security event management
   system.  The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) does not have a common
   log format, and as a result, each server supports a distinct log
   format that makes it unnecessarily complex to produce tools to do
   trend analysis and security detection.  This document describes a
   framework, including requirements and analysis of existing
   approaches, and specifies an information model for development of a
   SIP common log file format that can be used uniformly by user agents,
   proxies, registrars, redirect servers as well as back-to-back user
   agents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/