Subject: I-D Action: draft-mandyam-rtcweb-fecframe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:41:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Forward Error Correction for WebRTC using FEC FRAME
	Author(s)       : Giridhar Mandyam
                          Mike Luby
                          Thomas Stockhammer
                          Christian Foisy
	Filename        : draft-mandyam-rtcweb-fecframe-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-01-30

Abstract:
   WebRTC provides a solution for peer-to-peer streaming between web
   applications by leveraging a Real-Time Protocol (RTP) stream between
   two clients.  This RTP stream is expected to be sent over an UDP
   (Universal Datagram Protocol) connection, which by definition has no
   built-in reliability.  Recently the FEC FRAME Working Group of the
   IETF has come up with a framework and technical recommendations for
   applying forward error correction (FEC) to unreliable streams.  This
   framework can be applied to WebRTC with minimal changes to the
   specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mandyam-rtcweb-fecframe

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mandyam-rtcweb-fecframe-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/