Subject: I-D Action: draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 04:34:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Negotiation for Keying Pairwise Routing Protocols in IKEv2
	Author(s)       : Mahesh Jethanandani
                          Brian Weis
                          Keyur Patel
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Sam Hartman
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Albert Tian
                          Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to secure the routing protocols
   which use unicast to transport their signaling messages.  Most of
   such routing protocols are TCP-based (e.g., BFD and LDP), and the TCP
   Authentication Option (TCP-AO) is primarily employed for securing the
   signaling messages of these routing protocols.  There are also two
   exceptions: BFD which is over UDP or MPLS, and RSVP-TE which is over
   IP (but employs an integrated approach to protecting the signaling
   messages instead of using IPsec).  The proposed mechanism secures
   pairwise TCP-based Routing Protocol (RP) associations, BFD
   associations and RSVP-TE associations using the IKEv2 Key Management
   Protocol (KMP) integrated with TCP-AO, BFD, and RSVP-TE respectively.
   Included are extensions to IKEv2 and its Security Associations to
   enable its key negotiation to support TCP-AO, BFD, and RSVP-TE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mahesh-karp-rkmp-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/