Subject: I-D Action: draft-pignataro-mpls-reserved-labels-lb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:57:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Use of MPLS Special Purpose Labels for the Computation of Load Balancing
	Author(s)       : Carlos Pignataro
                          Loa Andersson
                          Kireeti Kompella
	Filename        : draft-pignataro-mpls-reserved-labels-lb-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2013-02-16

Abstract:
   In addition to being used for forwarding, an MPLS label stack may
   also be used as an entropy source to perform load balancing
   computation in various ways.  RFC 4928 and RFC 6790 describe this
   mechanism in great detail.  However, those two RFCs differ in the use
   of MPLS special purpose labels (previously referred to as "reserved
   labels") for computation of load balancing.  This document addresses
   this difference in specifications by providing a more comprehensive
   set of recommendations.

   This document updates RFC 4928 and RFC 6790.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pignataro-mpls-reserved-labels-lb

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pignataro-mpls-reserved-labels-lb-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pignataro-mpls-reserved-labels-lb-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/