Subject: I-D Action: draft-waltermire-sacm-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:30:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) Architecture
	Author(s)       : David Waltermire
	Filename        : draft-waltermire-sacm-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-02-10

Abstract:
   This document identifies the architectural components, data flows,
   and the supporting standards needed to define an interoperable
   automation infrastructure required to support timely, accurate and
   actionable situational awareness over an organization's IT systems.
   This architecture is based on previous use case and requirements
   analysis.  Automation tools implementing the continuous monitoring
   approach described in this document will utilize this infrastructure
   together with existing and emerging event, incident and network
   management standards to provide visibility into the state of assets,
   user activities and network behavior.  Stakeholders will be able to
   use these tools to aggregate and analyze relevant security and
   operational data to understand the organizations security posture,
   quantify business risk, and make informed decisions that support
   organizational objectives while protecting critical information.
   Organizations will be able to use these tools to augment and automate
   information sharing activities to collaborate with partners to
   identify and mitigate threats.  Other automation tools will be able
   to integrate with these capabilities to enforce policies based on
   human decisions to harden systems, prevent misuse and reduce the
   overall attack surface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-waltermire-sacm-architecture

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waltermire-sacm-architecture-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/