Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:42:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Redirection Service for Registration Data Access Protocol
	Author(s)       : Carlos M. Martinez
                          Arturo L. Servin
                          Linlin Zhou
                          Dario Gomez
                          Gerardo Rada
	Filename        : draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-02-24

Abstract:
   The traditional WHOIS protocol has several important shortcomings,
   and over the past few years several approaches to a better
   Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) have been discussed and
   proposed.

   Among these shortcomings, different registries operate different
   WHOIS services.  For users this implies that several WHOIS queries to
   different registries may be necessary in order to obtain data for a
   given resource.

   This document describes a redirection service for RESTful WHOIS
   queries.  This service allows users to query a single WHOIS service
   and be redirected to the authoritative registry.

   The solution implemented proposed here applies to Regional Internet
   Registries(RIRs) and Domain Name Registries(DNRs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/