Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-rtgwg-igp-label-advertisement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 04:47:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertising MPLS labels in IGPs
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-gredler-rtgwg-igp-label-advertisement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   Historically MPLS label distribution was driven by session oriented
   protocols.  In order to obtain a particular routers label binding for
   a given destination FEC one needs to have first an established
   session with that node.

   This document describes a mechanism to distribute FEC/label mappings
   trough flooding protocols.  Flooding protocols publish their objects
   for an unknown set of receivers, therefore one can efficiently scale
   label distribution for use cases where the receiver of label
   information is not directly connected.

   Application of this technique are found in the field of backup (LFA)
   computation, Label switched path stitching, traffic engineering and
   egress link load balancing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gredler-rtgwg-igp-label-advertisement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gredler-rtgwg-igp-label-advertisement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/