Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:06:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Protocol Using Distributed Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Linda Dunbar
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new IP level protocol for seamless virtual
   machine mobility in data centers.  Source Hypervisor registers the
   newly created virtual machine with the centrally available management
   node.  When the virtual machine moves to the destination Hypervisor,
   the destination Hypervisor updates the virtual machine record in the
   management node.  Management node sends registration message to all
   previous source Hypervisors in order to direct the ongoing traffic to
   the destination Hypervisor.  Cold and hot virtual machine mobility
   are achieved using dynamic domain name system update and host routes.
   Both intra data center and inter data center hot virtual machine
   mobility solutions are presented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/