Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 02:37:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets for End-Host to End-Host Communication
	Author(s)       : Michael Tuexen
                          Randall R. Stewart
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-10.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-02-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple method of encapsulating SCTP Packets
   into UDP packets and its limitations.  This allows the usage of SCTP
   in networks with legacy NAT not supporting SCTP.  It can also be used
   to implement SCTP on hosts without directly accessing the IP-layer,
   for example implementing it as part of the application without
   requiring special privileges.

   Please note that this document does not provide all techniques
   necessary for building a complete NAT-capable application using SCTP.
   This document focuses on the functionality required within the SCTP
   stack and making this available via an API.  It does not cover
   mechanism to determine whether UDP encapsulation is required to reach
   the peer and, if UDP encapsulation is used, which remote UDP port
   number can be used.

   This document covers only end-hosts and not tunneling (egress or
   ingress) end-points.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/