Subject: I-D Action: draft-bryan-ftpext-hash-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:56:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : File Transfer Protocol HASH Command for Cryptographic Hashes
	Author(s)       : Anthony Bryan
                          Tim Kosse
                          Daniel Stenberg
	Filename        : draft-bryan-ftpext-hash-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The File Transfer Protocol does not offer any method to verify the
   integrity of a transferred file, nor can two files be compared
   against each other without actually transferring them first.
   Cryptographic hashes are a possible solution to this problem.  In the
   past, several attempts have been made to add commands to obtain
   checksums and hashes, however none have been formally specified,
   leading to non-interoperability and confusion.  To solve these
   issues, this document specifies a new FTP command to be used by
   clients to request cryptographic hashes of files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryan-ftpext-hash

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-ftpext-hash-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryan-ftpext-hash-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/