Subject: I-D Action: draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:07:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : UNI Extensions for Diversity and Latency Support
	Author(s)       : Don Fedyk
                          Dieter Beller
                          Lieven Levrau
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Yuji Tochio
	Filename        : draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document builds on the GMPLS overlay model [RFC4208] and defines
   extensions to the GMPLS User-Network Interface (UNI) to support route
   diversity within the core network for sets of LSPs initiated by edge
   nodes. A particular example where route diversity within the core
   network is desired, are dual-homed edge nodes. The document also
   defines GMPLS UNI extensions to deal with latency requirements for
   edge node initiated LSPs.

   This document uses a VPN model that is based on the same premise as
   L1VPN framework [RFC4847] but may also be applied to other
   technologies.  The extensions are applicable both to VPN and non VPN
   environments. These extensions move the UNI from basic connectivity
   to enhanced mode connectivity by including additional constraints
   while minimizing the exchange of CE to PE information. These
   extensions are applicable to the overlay extension service model.
   Route Diversity for customer LSPs are a common requirement applicable
   to L1VPNs. The UNI mechanisms described in this document are L1VPN
   compatible and can be applied to achieve diversity for sets of
   customer LSPs.

   The UNI extensions in support of latency constraints can also be
   applied to the extended overlay service model in order for the
   customer LSPs to meet certain latency requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fedyk-ccamp-uni-extensions-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/