Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:34:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Hitchhiker's Guide to the (Datagram) Transport Layer Security Protocol for Smart Objects and Constrained Node Networks
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Johannes Gilger
                          Matthias Kovatsch
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) is a widely used security protocol
   that offers communication security services at the transport layer.
   The initial design of TLS was focused on the protection of
   applications running on top of the Transmission Control Protocol
   (TCP), and was a good match for securing the Hypertext Transfer
   Protocol (HTTP).  The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), as
   a more recent connection-oriented transport protocol, also benefits
   from TLS support.  Subsequent standardization efforts lead to the
   publication of the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol,
   which allows TLS payloads to be exchanged on top of the User Datagram
   Protocol (UDP), and the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).

   TLS can be customized in a variety of ways and every feature has a
   certain cost.  To offer input for implementers and system architects
   this document provides guidance for the usage of TLS and DTLS
   features for smart objects and constraint node networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tschofenig-lwig-tls-minimal-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/