Subject: I-D Action: draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:12:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Larger Loopback Prefix for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Mark Smith
	Filename        : draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-11

Abstract:
   During the development and testing of a network application, it can
   be useful to run multiple instances of the application using the same
   transport layer protocol port on the same development host, while
   also having network access to the application instances limited to
   the local host.  Under IPv4, this has been possible by using
   different loopback addresses within 127/8.  It is not possible under
   IPv6, as the loopback prefix of ::1/128 only provides a single
   loopback address.  This memo proposes a new larger loopback prefix
   that will provide many IPv6 loopback addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-smith-v6ops-larger-ipv6-loopback-prefix-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/