Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:14:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Omniscient AS112 Servers
	Author(s)       : Warren Kumari
                          William F. Maton Sotomayor
                          Joe Abley
                          Ray Bellis
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   The AS112 Project loosely coordinates Domain Name System (DNS)
   servers to which DNS zones corresponding to private use addresses are
   delegated.  Queries for names within those zones have no useful
   responses in a global context.  The purpose of this project is to
   reduce the load of such junk queries on the authoritative name
   servers that would otherwise receive them, and instead direct the
   load to name servers operated within the AS112 project.

   Adding and dropping zones from the AS112 servers is difficult, due to
   the loosely-coordinated nature of the project.  This document
   proposes a mechanism by which AS112 name servers could answer
   authoritatively for all possible zones.  This eliminates the add/drop
   problem, changing it to a matter of delegation within the DNS and
   requiring no operational changes on the servers themselves.

   This document updates RFC 6304.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dnsop-omniscient-as112-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/