Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-i2rs-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:03:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Alia Atlas
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
                          Dave Ward
	Filename        : draft-atlas-i2rs-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-02-22

Abstract:
   As modern networks grow in scale and complexity, the need for rapid
   and dynamic control increases.  With scale, the need to automate even
   the simplest operations is important, but even more critical is the
   ability to quickly interact with more complex operations such as
   policy-based controls.

   In order to enable applications to have access to and control over
   information in the Internet's routing system, we need a publicly
   documented interface specification.  The interface needs to support
   real-time, transaction-based interactions using data models and
   encodings that are efficient and potentially different from those
   available today.  Furthermore, the interface must be tailored to
   support a variety of use cases.

   This document expands upon these statements of requirements to
   provide a detailed problem statement for an Interface to the Internet
   Routing System (I2RS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-i2rs-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-i2rs-problem-statement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/