Subject: I-D Action: draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:46:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet
	Author(s)       : Gert Manhoudt
                          Stephan Roullot
                          Kin Yee Wong
	Filename        : draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2013-02-08

Abstract:
   This document describes the Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet (TSoP)
   mechanism to encapsulate Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) or
   Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET) bit-streams in a packet format,
   suitable for Pseudowire (PW) transport over a packet switched network
   (PSN).  The key property of the TSoP  method is that it transports
   the SDH/SONET client signal in its entirety through the PW, i.e., no
   use is made of any specific characteristic of the SONET/SDH signal
   format, other than its bit rate.  The TSoP transparency includes
   transporting the timing properties of the SDH/SONET client signal.
   This ensures a maximum of transparency and a minimum of complexity,
   both in implementation and during operation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/