Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:21:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The BinaryPack1pre2 JSON-like representation format
	Author(s)       : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   JSON (RFC 4627) is an extremely successful format for the
   representation of structured information, supporting Boolean values,
   numbers, strings, arrays, and tables.  Recently, a number of
   applications have started to look for binary representation formats
   that solve a similar problem.  In particular, constrained node
   networks can benefit from such a binary representation format.

   A very successful binary representation that is otherwise comparable
   to JSON is MessagePack.  Recently, a number of implementations have
   modified or extended MessagePack such that it allows for
   distinguishing UTF-8 strings from binary data.  Further discussion on
   the MessagePack repository has resulted in proposals how to integrate
   such an addition back into the MessagePack community.

   This draft, as an independent effort, documents one such format,
   tentatively calling it BinaryPack1pre2 while the MessagePack
   extension proposals make their way through the MessagePack community.

   The current version -01 of this document is a snapshot that
   demonstrates a general direction.  The details may change in future
   versions based on the development of the MessagePack specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-apparea-bpack

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-apparea-bpack-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/