Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:12:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Overload Control Requirements
	Author(s)       : Eric McMurry
                          Ben Campbell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs-05.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   When a Diameter server or agent becomes overloaded, it needs to be
   able to gracefully reduce its load, typically by informing clients to
   reduce sending traffic for some period of time.  Otherwise, it must
   continue to expend resources parsing and responding to Diameter
   messages, possibly resulting in congestion collapse.  The existing
   Diameter mechanisms, listed in Section 3 are not sufficient for this
   purpose.  This document describes the limitations of the existing
   mechanisms in Section 4.  Requirements for new overload management
   mechanisms are provided in Section 7.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/