Subject: I-D Action: draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:19:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generic UDP Encapsulation for IP Tunneling
	Author(s)       : Lucy Yong
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-12

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for encapsulating network layer
   protocols within UDP such that the payload protocol can be
   identified from the destination port value. The mechanism also
   allows for the source port to be used as the entropy field for the
   purpose of load balancing in environments such as Equal Cost
   Multipath (ECMP) in the underlying IP network.

   Application of this technique is focused on tunneling network
   protocol flows across IP networks in environments where load-
   balancing is required. No changes to the underlying IP network or
   the payload networks are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/