Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:17:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS LSP PW status refresh reduction for Static Pseudowires
	Author(s)       : Luca Martini
                          George Swallow
                          Elisa Bellagamba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-02-20

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for generating an aggregated
   pseudowire status message on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   network Label Switched Path (LSP).

   The method for transmitting the pseudowire (PW) status information is
   not new, however this protocol extension allows a Service Provider
   (SP) to reliably monitor the individual PW status while not
   overwhelming the network of multiple periodic status messages. This
   is achieved by sending a single cumulative summary status
   verification message for all the PWs grouped in the same LSP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/