Subject: I-D Action: draft-peng-p2psip-one-hop-plugin-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:41:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : One Hop Lookups Algorithm Plugin for RELOAD
	Author(s)       : Jin Peng
                          Qing Yu
                          Yuan Li
	Filename        : draft-peng-p2psip-one-hop-plugin-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
       This document defines a specific Topology Plugin using a ramification
       of the basic One Hop Lookups based DHT algorithm which is called ONE-
       HOP-RELOAD. In the One Hop Lookups algorithm, each peer maintains a
       full routing table containing information about every node on the
       overlay in order to route RELOAD message in one hop. Compared with
       CHORD-RELOAD algorithm, ONE-HOP-RELOAD improves the routing
       efficiency, and can maintain complete membership information with
       reasonable bandwidth requirements. This algorithm is able to handle
       frequent membership changes by superimposing a well-defined hierarchy
       on the system that guarantees topology disturbance events
       notification reach every peer in the overlay within a specified
       amount of time. Currently some typical peer-to-peer storages systems
       have stringent latency requirements, such as Amazon's Dynamo which is
       built for latency sensitive applications uses One-Hop algorithm, so
       that each node maintains enough routing information locally to route
       a request to the appropriate node directly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peng-p2psip-one-hop-plugin

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peng-p2psip-one-hop-plugin-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-peng-p2psip-one-hop-plugin-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/