Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-ccamp-extended-srlg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:03:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended Encoding Scheme for Shared List Link Group (SRLG)
	Author(s)       : Zafar Ali
                          George Swallow
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Ori Gerstel
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Matt Hartley
	Filename        : draft-ali-ccamp-extended-srlg-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
     SRLGs play a key role in routing resiliency and capacity planning of
     multi-domain and multi-layer networks. Notion of SRLG are used to select a
     backup path that is disjoint from the primary path, to ensure disjointness
     of circuits and to avoid catastrophic partitioning outages.

     In the current specifications, SRLG is identified as a 32 bit number that
     is unique within an IGP domain [RFC4202]. There are many limitations to
     this approach of encoding SRLGs, especially in a multi-layer network. This
     draft outlines these limitations and suggests components of extended SRLG
     encoding scheme to address them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ali-ccamp-extended-srlg

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ali-ccamp-extended-srlg-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/