Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:10:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hash-Based Signatures
	Author(s)       : David McGrew
                          Michael Curcio
	Filename        : draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-00.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This note describes a digital signature system based on cryptographic
   hash functions, following the seminal work in this area.  It
   specifies a one-time signature scheme based on the work of Lamport,
   Diffie, Winternitz, and Merkle (LDWM), and specifies a general
   signature system using a Merkle tree.  These systems provide
   asymmetric authentication without using large integer mathematics,
   and achieve a high security level.  They are suitable for compact
   implementations, are relatively simple to implement, and naturally
   resist side-channel attacks.  Unlike most other signature systems,
   hash-based signatures would still be secure even if it proves
   feasible for an attacker to build a quantum computer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/