Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:47:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS-TP Security Framework
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Ben Niven-Jenkins
                          Scott Mansfield
                          Richard F. Graveman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-05

Abstract:
   This document provides a security framework for Multiprotocol Label
   Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP). MPLS-TP extends MPLS
   technologies and introduces new OAM capabilities, a transport-
   oriented path protection mechanism, and strong emphasis on static
   provisioning supported by network management systems. This document
   addresses the security aspects relevant in the context of MPLS-TP
   specifically. It describes potential security threats, security
   requirements for MPLS-TP, and mitigation procedures for MPLS-TP
   networks and MPLS-TP interconnection to other MPLS and GMPLS
   networks. This document is built on RFC5920 "MPLS and GMPLS security
   framework" by providing additional security considerations which are
   applicable to the MPLS-TP extensions. All the security considerations
   from RFC5920 are assumed to apply.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionality of a packet transport network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/