Subject: I-D Action: draft-nandakumar-rtcweb-glare-handling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:36:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Glareless addition of media to existing RTCWeb Sessions
	Author(s)       : Suhas Nandakumar
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-nandakumar-rtcweb-glare-handling-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The RFC3264 Offer/Answer model specifies rule for the bilateral
   exchange of Session Description Protocol (SDP) [RFC4566] messages for
   setting up, updating and tearing down of multimedia streams.  Rarely,
   there might be situations wherein either of the communicating
   parties, might end up being the offerer for updating an on-going
   session.  This scenario is commonly known as "glare" condition and it
   needs to be handled nevertheless.  This specification describes
   procedures for parties involved in an ongoing RTCWeb session to add
   new media in a glareless fashion.

   There are various ways this problem might be solved - this draft
   sketches out one possible solution to the problem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nandakumar-rtcweb-glare-handling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nandakumar-rtcweb-glare-handling-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/