Subject: I-D Action: draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 08:22:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The NetInf Protocol
	Author(s)       : Dirk Kutscher
                          Stephen Farrell
                          Elwyn Davies
	Filename        : draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-02-10

Abstract:
   This document defines a conceptual protocol and corresponding node
   requirements for NetInf nodes in a NetInf network.  A NetInf network
   offers an information-centric paradigm that supports the creation,
   location, exchange and storage of Named Data Objects (NDOs).  NetInf
   nodes can provide different services to other NetInf nodes, e.g.,
   forwarding requests for information objects, delivering corresponding
   response messages, name resolution services etc.  This (abstract)
   protocol is intended to be run over some "convergence layer" that
   handles transport issues.  Two "wire" formats are defined, one that
   uses HTTP for message transfer and one layered on UDP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kutscher-icnrg-netinf-proto-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/