Subject: I-D Action: draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:26:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A DNS Resource Record for Service Descriptions
	Author(s)       : Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-21

Abstract:
   Certain application protocols are highly transactional and require
   substantial care when dealing with latency.  Queries for versioning
   information are, in these circumstances, costly.  In addition, there
   is a desire to allow for a means to specify a lightweight means to
   alternative transport protocols, such as making use of SCTP instead
   of TCP.  This memo specifies a new DNS RR with an eye toward the
   least necessary roundtrips to determine various protocols, port
   numbers, and options for a given service instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/