Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:15:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2013-02-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast mechanism for protecting pseudowires
   (PWs) against egress endpoint failures, including egress attachment
   circuit failure, egress PE failure, multi-segment PW terminating PE
   failure, and multi-segment PW switching PE failure.  Designed on the
   basis of multi-homed CE, PW redundancy, upstream label assignment and
   context specific label switching, the mechanism enables local repair
   to be performed by a router upstream adjacent to a failure.  In
   particular, the router can restore PW traffic in the order of tens of
   milliseconds, by transmitting the traffic to a protector through a
   pre-established bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism can be used
   to reduce traffic loss before a global repair mechanism reacts to the
   failure or the network converges on the topology changes due to the
   failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/