Subject: I-D Action: draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:30:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM) Use Cases
	Author(s)       : David Waltermire
                          Adam W. Montville
	Filename        : draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-02-10

Abstract:
   This document identifies use cases, derived functional capabilities,
   and requirements needed to provide a foundation for creating
   interoperable automation tools and continuous monitoring solutions
   that provide visibility into the state of endpoints, user activities,
   and network behavior.  Stakeholders will be able to use these tools
   to aggregate and analyze relevant security and operational data to
   understand the organizations security posture, quantify business
   risk, and make informed decisions that support organizational
   objectives while protecting critical information.  Organizations will
   be able to use these tools to augment and automate information
   sharing activities to collaborate with partners to identify and
   mitigate threats.  Other automation tools will be able to integrate
   with these capabilities to enforce policies based on human decisions
   to harden systems, prevent misuse and reduce the overall attack
   surface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-waltermire-sacm-use-cases-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/