Subject: I-D Action: draft-balaji-l2vpn-trill-over-ip-multi-level-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:30:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Connecting Disparate TRILL-based Data Center/PBB/Campus sites using BGP
	Author(s)       : Radia Perlman
                          Bhargav Bhikkaji
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Ramasubramani Mahadevan
                          Shivakumar Sundaram
                          Narayana Perumal Swamy
	Filename        : draft-balaji-l2vpn-trill-over-ip-multi-level-03.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-02-19

Abstract:
   There is a need to connect (a) TRILL based data centers or (b) TRILL
   based networks which provide Provider Backbone like functionalities
   or (c) Campus TRILL based networks over the WAN using one or more
   ISPs that provide regular IP+GRE or IP+MPLS transport. Some of the
   solutions proposed as in [DRAFT-EVPN] have not dealt with the
   scalable methods in their details as to how these services could be
   provided such that multiple TRILL sites can be inter-connected with
   issues like nick-name collisions for unicast and multicast being
   taken care of. It has been found that with extensions to BGP and a
   scalable method on Provider edge devices the problem statement which
   we will define below can be handled. Specifically the division of the
   nick-name into site-id and Rbridge-ID is one that can limit the
   number of sites that can be interconnected and the number of Rbridges
   within each such site that can be provisioned. The draft proposed
   herein deals / overcomes these issues by not limiting the number of
   sites and Rbridges within a TRILL site interconnect. Only the maximum
   space for a nick-name which happens to be 16 bits is the actual
   limit. MAC moves across TRILL sites and within TRILL sites can also
   be realized. This document / proposal envisions the use of BGP-MAC-
   VPN vrfs at the ISP cloud PE devices. We deal in depth with the
   control plane and data plane particulars for unicast and multicast in
   this scheme. Additionally Provider Backbone like functionality is
   also covered.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-balaji-l2vpn-trill-over-ip-multi-level

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-balaji-l2vpn-trill-over-ip-multi-level-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-balaji-l2vpn-trill-over-ip-multi-level-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/