Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:49:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP IP VPN Virtual CE
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          John Evans
                          David Ward
                          Rex Fernando
                          John Mullooly
                          Ning So
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Maria Napierala
	Filename        : draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the architecture and solutions of using
   virtual Customer Edge (vCE) of BGP IP VPN. The solution is aimed at
   providing efficient service delivery capability through CE
   virtualization, and is especially beneficial in virtual Private Cloud
   (vPC) environments for extending IP VPN into tenant virtual Data
   Center containers. This document includes: BGP IP VPN virtual CE
   architecture; Control plane and forwarding options; Data Center
   orchestration processes; integration with existing WAN enterprise
   VPNs; management capability requirements; and security
   considerations. The solution is generally applicable to any BGP IP
   VPN deployment. The virtual CE solution is complementary to the
   virtual PE solutions.

   Today's data center's require multi-tenancy and mechanisms to
   establish overlay network connectivity. This document describes one
   approach to enabling data center network connectivity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/