Subject: I-D Action: draft-xia-avtext-splicing-notification-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:36:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTP/RTCP extension for RTP Splicing Notification
	Author(s)       : Jinwei Xia
                          Rachel Huang
	Filename        : draft-xia-avtext-splicing-notification-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-20

Abstract:
   Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
   multimedia stream with other multimedia content, and delivers the
   substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
   time.  The RTP mixer is designed to handle RTP splicing in [RFC6828],
   but how the RTP mixer knows when to start and end the splicing is
   still unspecified.

   This memo defines two RTP/RTCP extensions to indicate the splicing
   related information to the RTP mixer: an RTP header extension that
   conveys the information in-band and an RTCP packet that conveys the
   information out-of-band.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xia-avtext-splicing-notification

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xia-avtext-splicing-notification-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xia-avtext-splicing-notification-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/