Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:39:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Generic IPv6 Addresses Registration Solution Using DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Gang Chen
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   In networks that are centrally managed, self-generated addresses
   cause traceability issues due to their decentralized nature.  To
   minimize the issues due to lack of traceability, these self-generated
   addresses can be registered with the network for allowing centralized
   address administration.  This document defines a generic address
   registration solution using DHCPv6, using a new ND option and a new
   DHCPv6 option in order to communicate the use of self-generated
   addresses.  A new Addr-registration-request message type is defined
   for initiate the address registration request, among with two new
   Status codes to indicate registration errors on the server side.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-addr-registration-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/