Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:58:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : HTTP Origin and Hop Hints
	Author(s)       : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-02-11

Abstract:
   Over time, HTTP clients -- especially Web browsers -- have adapted
   how they use the protocol based upon common server configurations and
   behaviours.  While this is necessary in the common case, it can be
   detrimental for performance and interoperability.

   This document establishes a mechanism whereby both origin servers and
   intermediaries can make hints available to clients about their
   preferences and capabilities, without imposing undue overhead on
   their interactions or requiring support for them.

   This is intended to allow clients to safely optimise connections to
   servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/