Subject: I-D Action: draft-marcon-rtcweb-data-channel-management-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:30:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RTCWeb data channel management
	Author(s)       : Jerome Marcon
	Filename        : draft-marcon-rtcweb-data-channel-management-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers (RTCWeb) working group is
   charged to provide protocols to support direct interactive rich
   communication using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-
   browsers.  For the support of data communication, the RTCWeb working
   group has in particular defined the concept of bi-directional data
   channels over SCTP.  How to transport application messages on these
   data channels seems straightforward (i.e. they can be carried as SCTP
   user messages), however it is yet to be decided how to establish and
   manage these data channels.  This document specifies a method for
   this, which relies first on a lightweight and scalable out-of-band
   negotiation of data channel configurations (within the SDP offer/
   answer exchange) and second on the signaling of the configuration in
   use in the SCTP user message itself.  Once these configurations are
   negotiated, further creations of data channels can occur purely in-
   band by simply sending user messages, which avoids to define a new
   in-band data channel protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marcon-rtcweb-data-channel-management

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marcon-rtcweb-data-channel-management-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/