Subject: I-D Action: draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:57:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Operational Guidelines for Datacenters
	Author(s)       : Diego R. Lopez
                          Zhonghua Chen
                          Tina Tsou
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Arturo Servin
	Filename        : draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-02-05

Abstract:
   This document is intended to provide operational guidelines for
   datacenter operators planning to deploy IPv6 in their
   infrastructures.  It aims to offer a reference framework for
   evaluating different products and architectures, and therefore it is
   also addressed to manufacturers and solution providers, so they can
   use it to gauge their solutions.  We believe this will translate in a
   smoother and faster IPv6 transition for datacenters of these
   infrastuctures.

   The document focuses on the DC infrastructure itself, its operation,
   and the aspects related to DC interconnection through IPv6.  It does
   not consider the particular mechanisms for making Internet services
   provided by applications hosted in the DC available through IPv6
   beyond the specific aspects related to how their deployment on the DC
   infrastructure.

   Apart from facilitating the transition to IPv6, the mechanisms
   outlined here are intended to make this transition as transparent as
   possible (if not completely transparent) to applications and services
   running on the DC infrastructure, as well as to take advantage of
   IPv6 features to simplify DC operations, internally and across the
   Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lopez-v6ops-dc-ipv6-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/