Subject: I-D Action: draft-balaji-mpls-li-thru-label-dis-snmp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:50:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SNMP based Provider-Provisioned label for Lawful Intercept in L3 VPNs
	Author(s)       : Shankar Raman
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Gaurav Raina
                          Vasan Srini
                          Bhargav Bhikkaji
	Filename        : draft-balaji-mpls-li-thru-label-dis-snmp-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   In models of Single-AS and inter-provider Multi- Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) based Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) Lawful
   Intercept is a key requirement. For example, MPLS-based Layer 3 VPN
   models do not have any provider provisioned methods of lawful
   intercept that are comprehensive, quick and easy to provision from
   one single point. More particularly the auto-provisioning of lawful
   intercept for all sets of streams travelling between VPN sites and
   consequent re-direction of these streams to the appropriate
   government network has not been covered without multiple instances of
   having to configure the intercept at various points in the network
   both in the Single-AS case and the Inter-Provider VPN case.

   In this paper, we propose a technique which uses a set of pre-defined
   labels called Lawful Intercept labels and a method for provisioning
   lawful intercept amongst the various PE devices using these labels
   both in the Single-AS and the inter-provider VPN cases. A single
   point of action is the key to this idea. The intercepted traffic is
   mirrored on a PE or a whole set of PEs or on all the PEs
   participating in the VPN. A technique called the Domino-effect
   provisioning of these Label-based Provider Provisioned Lawful
   Intercept mechanism is also outlined. This differs from [1] in that
   there is explicit use of a secure SNMP mechanism to provision the
   labels for Lawful Intercept at the various PEs instead of a MP-BGP
   update.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-balaji-mpls-li-thru-label-dis-snmp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-balaji-mpls-li-thru-label-dis-snmp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-balaji-mpls-li-thru-label-dis-snmp-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/