Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 18:30:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recursive PCP
	Author(s)       : Stuart Cheshire
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-02-09

Abstract:
   The Port Control Protocol (PCP) allows clients to request explicit
   dynamic inbound and outbound port mappings in their their closest on-
   path NAT, Firewall, or other middlebox.  However, in today's world,
   there may be more than one NAT on the path between a client and the
   public Internet.  This document describes how the closest on-path
   middlebox generates a corresponding upstream PCP request to the next
   closest on-path middlebox, to request an appropriate explicit dynamic
   port mapping in that middlebox too.  Applied recursively, this
   generates the necessary chain of port mappings in any number of
   middleboxes on the path between the client and the public Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/