Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:14:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Enhanced Duplicate Address Detection
	Author(s)       : Rajiv Asati
                          Hemant Singh
                          Wes Beebee
                          Eli Dart
                          Wes George
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-05

Abstract:
   Appendix A of the IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) document in
   RFC 4862 discusses Loopback Suppression and DAD.  However, RFC 4862
   does not settle on one specific automated means to detect loopback of
   Neighbor Discovery (ND of RFC 4861) messages used by DAD.  Several
   service provider communities have expressed a need for automated
   detection of looped backed ND messages used by DAD.  This document
   includes mitigation techniques and then outlines the Enhanced DAD
   algorithm to automate detection of looped back IPv6 ND messages used
   by DAD.  For network loopback tests, the Enhanced DAD algorithm
   allows IPv6 to self-heal after a loopback is placed and removed.
   Further, for certain access networks the document automates resolving
   a specific duplicate address conflict.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/