Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:40:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast Support for MAP-E
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-02-19

Abstract:
   This memo specifies MAP-E (together with MAP-T and 4rd)'s multicast
   component so that IPv4 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4
   servers over an IPv6 network.  In the encapsulation solution for
   encapsulation variant of Mapping of Address and Port (MAP), MAP-E,
   IGMP Proxy at the MAP-E Customer Edge router uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel
   established by MAP-E to exchange IGMP messages to establish multicast
   state at MAP-E Border Relay so that MAP-E Border Relay can tunnel
   IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts connected to MAP-E Customer Edge
   device.  In the Translation Multicast solution for the translation
   variant of MAP, MAP-T and 4rd, IGMP messages are translated into MLD
   messages at the CE router which is IGMP/MLD Proxy and sent to the
   network in IPv6.  MAP-T/4rd Border Relay does the reverse translation
   and joins IPv4 multicast group for MAP-T/4rd hosts.  Border Relay as
   multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates the
   packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends downstream on the multicast
   tree.  Member CEs receive multicast data, translate it back to IPv4
   and transmit to the hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-4rdmulticast-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/