Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:20:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP IP VPN Virtual PE
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          David Ward
                          Rex Fernando
                          Maria Napierala
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Ning So
	Filename        : draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the architecture solutions for BGP/MPLS IP
   Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with virtual Provider Edge (vPE). It
   provides functional description of the vPE control plane, data plane,
   and the provisioning management process. The vPE solutions support
   both Software Defined Network (SDN) approach by allowing physical
   decoupling of the control and the forwarding plane of a vPE, and
   distributed routing approach. The solution allows vPE to be co-
   resident with the application virtual machines (VMs) on a single end
   device, such as a server, as well as on a Top-of-Rack switch (ToR),
   or in any network or compute devices. The ability to provide end-to-
   end native BGP IP VPN connections between a Data Center (DC) (or
   other types of service network) applications and the enterprise IP
   VPN sites is highly desirable to both Service Providers and
   Enterprises.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/