Subject: I-D Action: draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:46:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Controlled Delay Active Queue Management
	Author(s)       : Kathleen Nichols
                          Van Jacobson
	Filename        : draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   The "persistently full buffer" problem has been discussed in the
   IETF community since the early 80's [RFC896]. The IRTF's End-to-End
   Working Group called for the deployment of active queue management
   to solve the problem in 1998 [RFC2309]. Despite the awareness and
   recommendations, the "full buffer" problem has not gone away, but on
   the contrary has become worse as buffers have grown in size and
   proliferated and today's networks proved intractable for available
   AQM approaches. The overall problem is presently known as
   "bufferbloat"[TSVBB2011, BB2011] and has become increasingly
   important, particularly at the consumer edge.
   This document describes a recently developed AQM, Controlled Delay
   (CoDel) algorithm, which was designed to work in modern networking
   environments and can be deployed as a major part of the solution to
   bufferbloat [CODEL2012]. The goal of the CoDel work is to provide a
   solution with cost-effective implementation that is particularly
   well-suited to the consumer edge.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/