Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:32:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PID: A Generic Naming Schema for Information-centric Network
	Author(s)       : Xinwen Zhang
                          Ravi Ravindran
                          Haiyong Xie
                          Guoqiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-19

Abstract:
   In Information-centric network (ICN), everything is an identifiable
   object with a name such as a named data chunk.  Different from host-
   centric connectivity, ICN connects named entities using name-based
   routing and forwarding.  At the same time, network entities, end
   devices, and applications have variant demands to verify the
   integrity, authenticity, and validation of these entities through
   names.  This document proposes a generic naming schema, called PID,
   which supports security provenance, content lookup, routing, and
   inter-domain resolution for ICN.  With PID schema, a name consists of
   three components: principal(s), identifier(s), and domain(s).  In
   this draft, we only illustrate the principles and concepts of PID and
   the functional role of each component, and leave encoding approaches
   as implementation options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/