Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:15:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP Setup Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Yuji Kamite
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-08

Abstract:
   RFC 4090 specifies an RSVP facility-backup fast reroute mechanism for
   protecting established LSPs against link and node failures.  This
   document extends the mechanism to provide so-called "setup
   protection" for LSPs during their initial Path message signaling
   time.  In particular, it enables a router to reroute an LSP via an
   existing bypass LSP, when there is a failure of the immediate
   downstream link or node along the desired path.  Therefore, it can be
   used to reduce LSP setup time in such a situation, or allow LSPs with
   strict paths to be established successfully when alternative paths
   are unavailable in the network or unable to be computed by ingress.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/