Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:40:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP IP VPN Data Center Interconnect
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          Rex Fernando
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Sami Boutros
	Filename        : draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document discusses solutions for inter-connection of BGP MPLS
   IP/VPN [RFC4364] and Data Center (DC) overlay networks. Two
   categories of inter-connections are discussed in this document. In
   the first category, Data Center overlay virtual network is built with
   BGP IP VPN technologies, the inter-connection of IP VPN in the Data
   Center to BGP IP VPN in the WAN enables end-to-end IP VPN
   connectivity. New Inter-AS solutions are required in certain
   scenarios, in addition to the existing Inter-AS Options (A, B, C)
   defined in [RFC4364]. In the second category, Data Centers overlay
   network uses non IP VPN technologies, the inter-connection of any
   overlay virtual network in the Data Center to BGP IP VPN in the WAN
   provides end user connectivity through stitching of different overlay
   technologies, the mapping of non IP VPN overlay to IP VPN need to be
   performed at the border Gateway of the two networks. The role of
   Software Defined Network (SDN) to assist the inter-connections is
   discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-l3vpn-data-center-interconnect-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/