Subject: I-D Action: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:05:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
	Author(s)       : Michael Montemurro
                          Andrew Allen
                          David McDonald
                          Paul Gosden
	Filename        : draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-12.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-07

Abstract:
   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA (GSM Association)and a sub-namespace for the IMEI (International
   Mobile station Equipment Identity), and associated parameter for the
   IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software
   Version number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV
   is 16 decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded
   Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile communications(GSM) and
   are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
   (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal
   Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term
   Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile
   Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/