Subject: I-D Action: draft-herberg-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:19:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2
	Author(s)       : Thomas Heide Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Ulrich Herberg
	Filename        : draft-herberg-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies integrity and replay protection for required
   implementation in the MANET Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)
   and the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).
   This document specifies how an integrity check value (ICV) and a
   timestamp may be included as TLVs (defined in [RFC6622bis]) in NHDP's
   and OLSRv2's control messages, countering a number of security
   threats to NHDP and to OLSRv2.  The ICV TLV uses a SHA-256 based HMAC
   and a single shared secret key.  The timestamp TLV is based on POSIX
   time, assuming router synchronization.  The mechanism in this
   specification can also be used for other MANET protocols using
   RFC5444.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herberg-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herberg-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/