Subject: I-D Action: draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:52:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A VP9 Bitstream Overview
	Author(s)       : Adrian Grange
                          Harald Alvestrand
	Filename        : draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document describes VP9, a video codec being developed
   specifically to meet the demand for the consumption of video over the
   Internet, including professionally and amateur produced video-on-
   demand and conversational video content.  VP9 is an evolution of the
   VP8 video codec that is described in [bankoski-rfc6386] and includes
   a number of enhancements and new coding tools that have been added to
   improve the coding efficiency.  The new tools that have been added so
   far include: larger prediction block sizes up to 64x64, various forms
   of compound INTER prediction, more modes for INTRA prediction,
   &#8539;-pel motion vectors, 8-tap switchable sub-pixel interpolation
   filters, improved motion reference generation, improved motion vector
   coding, improved entropy coding including frame-level entropy
   adaptation for various symbols, improved loop filtering, the
   incorporation of the Asymmetric Discrete Sine Transform (ADST),
   larger 16x16 and 32x32 DCTs, and improved frame level segmentation.
   VP9 is under active development and this document provides only a
   snapshot of the current state of the coding tools as they exist
   today.  The finalized version of the VP9 bitstream may differ
   considerably from the description contained herein and may encompass
   the exclusion or modification of existing coding tools or the
   addition of new coding tools.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grange-vp9-bitstream

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grange-vp9-bitstream-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/