Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:00:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP IP VPN Virtual PE
	Author(s)       : Luyuan Fang
                          David Ward
                          Rex Fernando
                          Maria Napierala
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Ning So
	Filename        : draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the architecture solutions for BGP/MPLS IP
   Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with virtual Provider Edge (vPE)
   routers. It provides a functional description of the vPE control
   plane, the data plane, and the provisioning management process. The
   vPE solutions supports both Software Defined Networking (SDN)
   approach by allowing physical decoupling of the control and the
   forwarding plane of a vPE, as well as a distributed routing approach.
   The solution allows vPE to be co-resident with the application
   virtual machines (VMs) on a single end device, such as a server, as
   well as on a Top-of-Rack switch (ToR), or in any network or compute
   device. The ability to provide end-to-end native BGP IP VPN
   connections between a Data Center (DC) (or other types of service
   network) applications and the enterprise IP VPN sites is highly
   desirable to both Service Providers and Enterprises.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/