Subject: I-D Action: draft-shao-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:47:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hybrid-MAC Model for CAPWAP
	Author(s)       : Chunju Shao
                          Hui Deng
                          Farooq Bari
                          Rong Zhang
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-shao-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-02-17

Abstract:
   The CAPWAP protocol supports two modes of operation: Split and Local
   MAC (medium access control), which has been described in
   [RFC5415].There are many functions in IEEE 802l.11 MAC layer that
   have not yet been clearly defined whether they belong to either the
   AP (Access Point) or the AC (Access Controller)in the Split and Local
   modes.  Because different vendors have their own definition of these
   two models, depending upon the vendor many MAC layer functions
   continue to be mapped differently to either the AP or AC.  If there
   is no clear definition of split MAC and local MAC, then operators
   will not only need to perform vendor specific configurations in their
   network but will continue to experience difficulty in interoperating
   APs and ACs from different vendors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shao-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shao-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/