Subject: I-D Action: draft-omar-tls-udkp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:15:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : User Defined Key Pair
	Author(s)       : Omar Omran
	Filename        : draft-omar-tls-udkp-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-02-11

Abstract:
   In this document I am providing the outlines for a modified version
   of the Transport Layer Security Protocol (TLS); the modified version
   will come as a new protocol that will build a secured tunnel between
   the client and the server without the need to involve Certificate
   Authorities or any other third party in this process; it is called
   User Defined Key Pair protocol(UDKP), and is based on the assumption
   that in most cases there is a registered profile for the user on the
   server; a profile that includes among a lot of things the username
   and the password that the user uses to authenticate to the server,
   the proposed protocol will make use of the username and the password
   to create a key pair for the user on the fly at the client side, and
   it will use this key pair as the starting point for creating the
   secured tunnel instead of taking the server certificate as the
   starting point. Additionally the proposed protocol has self-
   protection against phishing attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-omar-tls-udkp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omar-tls-udkp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/