Subject: I-D Action: draft-rfernando-i2rs-yang-mods-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:41:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : YANG modifications for I2RS
	Author(s)       : Rex Fernando
                          Palani Chinnakannan
                          Muthumayan Madhayyan
                          Alexander Clemm
	Filename        : draft-rfernando-i2rs-yang-mods-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   Interface to Routing Systems (I2RS) provides the mechanisms for the
   programmatic access of routing system components. YANG [RFC 6020] is
   a modeling language that is used to specify an external visible data
   model of sub-system - for defining both configuration and operational
   data held in the networking device. NETCONF is the protocol that is
   used to perform these configurations and accessing the operational
   data.

   This document proposes to use the YANG data modeling language for
   I2RS data models. It also proposes a set of YANG language changes to
   enable the I2RS data models for multi-client and programmatic access.

   This document also proposes the scope for the I2RS programmed data
   set on the Routing System and the necessary mechanisms for data
   synchronization.

   This document also recommends a binary encoding for "on-the-wire"
   transfer of the YANG data model elements instead of XML.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rfernando-i2rs-yang-mods

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rfernando-i2rs-yang-mods-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/