Subject: I-D Action: draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:11:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Framework and Requirements for GMPLS based control of Flexi-grid DWDM networks
	Author(s)       : Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Xihua Fu
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Iftekhar Hussain
	Filename        : draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document defines a framework and the associated control plane
   requirements for the GMPLS based control of flexi-grid DWDM networks.
   To allow efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for high
   bit-rate systems, the International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has extended the
   recommendations [G.694.1] and [G.872] to include the concept of
   flexible grid: a new DWDM grid has been developed within the ITU-T
   Study Group 15 by defining a set of nominal central frequencies,
   smaller channel spacings and the concept of "frequency slot".  In
   such environment, a data plane connection is switched based on
   allocated, variable-sized frequency ranges within the optical
   spectrum.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ogrcetal-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/