Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-oauth-audience-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:59:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : OAuth 2.0: Audience Information
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-oauth-audience-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The OAuth 2.0 Bearer Token specification allows any party in
   possession of a bearer token to get access to the associated
   resources (without demonstrating possession of a cryptographic key).
   To prevent misuse, two important security assumptions must hold:
   bearer tokens must be protected from disclosure in storage and in
   transport and the access token must only be valid for use with a
   specific resource server (the audience) and with a specific scope.

   This document defines a new header that is used by the client to
   indicate what resource server, as the intended recipient, it wants to
   access.  This information is subsequently also communicated by the
   authorization server securely to the resource server, for example
   within the audience field of the access token.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-oauth-audience

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-oauth-audience-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/