Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-ipsecme-security-gateway-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 03:47:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IKEv2 Security Gateway Discovery
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Kostas Pentikousis
	Filename        : draft-mglt-ipsecme-security-gateway-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-02-14

Abstract:
   Modern Virtual Private Network (VPN) services are typically deployed
   using several security gateways and are frequently accessed over a
   wireless network.  There are several reasons for such a deployment
   ranging from enhancing system resilience to improving performance.

   For example, in order to handle traffic efficiently and reduce the
   burden in the core network, the VPN service may be implemented in a
   distributed manner using multiple Security Gateways.  A mobile VPN
   End User is attached to one of them using a WLAN interface and over
   time is likely to change its Security Gateway of attachment.  In this
   case, in order to optimize the overall user Quality of Experience
   (QoE), a VPN End User should select the next most appropriate
   Security Gateway based on the characteristics of the available
   Security Gateways.  This draft specifies how a VPN End User can
   securely collect information about Security Gateways in its network
   neighborhood in order to optimize its VPN experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-ipsecme-security-gateway-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-security-gateway-discovery-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/