Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-icnrg-hybrid-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:58:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Scalable Hybrid Routing for Information-Centric Networks
	Author(s)       : Haiyong Xie
                          Yi Sun
                          Guoqiang Wang
                          Haibo Wu
                          Jun Li
	Filename        : draft-xie-icnrg-hybrid-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   Name-based routing in information-centric networks faces many
   challenges, one of which is the scalability challenge; in particular,
   content routers may not have sufficiently large FIB to store a large
   portion of name prefixes, even if the latter are aggressively
   aggregated.  In many ICN designs routers have to rely on inefficient
   mechanisms (e.g., Interest broadcast in content-centric networks) in
   order to route requests.  In this draft, we describe a hybrid,
   reactive routing approach, where we augment the information-centric
   network design with an Infrastructure Information Base (IIB) to reap
   the benefits of both name-based and infrastructure-based routing.
   Simulation-based evaluations demonstrate that this scheme can
   significantly improve the network scalability by cutting down the
   number of broadcast packets while maintaining the same level of the
   user-perceived latency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-icnrg-hybrid-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-icnrg-hybrid-routing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/