Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:28:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use Cases for Virtual Connections on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand using Interface to Routing System
	Author(s)       : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networks (SDN) provide a way to virtualize and
   abstract the network and present the virtual or abstract resources to
   the third-party applications running in software.  The application
   can utilize a programmable interface to receiving these virtual or
   abstract resources in a form that allows monitoring or manipulation
   of resources.  Various programmatic interfaces have been proposed to
   interface directly to the forwarding plane (OpenFlow, ForCES), or do
   device configuration (NETCONF).  ALTO has proposed a informational
   interface to the application.  Only the progammatic Interface to the
   Routing System (IRS) provides an interface directly to the routing
   system to utilize all aspects of the routing system as a system.

   The IRS system interacts with the control plane processes to monitor
   best paths to any destination and to change the routing information
   base (RIB) or MPLS label information Base (LIB) which feeds the
   forwarding tables the information needed to actually switch traffic
   at a local level.

   This document outlines how SDN networks can use the IRS interface to
   implement an automated set of network services for Virtual Connection
   on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD)

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/