Subject: I-D Action: draft-oiwa-httpauth-multihop-template-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:03:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Common Template for HTTP Message-based Multi-hop Authentication
	Author(s)       : Yutaka Oiwa
                          Hajime Watanabe
                          Hiromitsu Takagi
                          Boku Kihara
                          Tatsuya Hayashi
                          Yuichi Ioku
	Filename        : draft-oiwa-httpauth-multihop-template-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies a common protocol design template for
   authentication on the Hyper-text Transport Protocol (HTTP) involving
   multi-hop message exchanges.  To facilitate advanced authentication
   technologies such as hash-based exchanges, zero-knowledge password
   proof, or public-key authentications on HTTP, a kind of state
   management and key management facilities are required on the general
   HTTP authentication message framework.  Also, to optimize performance
   of such authentication schemes, a well-designed mechanism for key
   caching and re-authentication are needed.  The template defined in
   this document provides a generic foundation for implementing such
   advanced authentication technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oiwa-httpauth-multihop-template

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oiwa-httpauth-multihop-template-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/