Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:58:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PID: A Generic Naming Schema for Information-centric Network
	Author(s)       : Xinwen Zhang
                          Ravi Ravindran
                          Haiyong Xie
                          Guoqiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   In Information-centric network (ICN), everything is an identifiable
   object with a name such as named data chunks, services and mobile
   devices.  Different from host-centric connectivity, ICN connects
   these named entities using name-based routing and forwarding.  At the
   same time, network entities, end devices, and applications have
   variant demands to verify the integrity, authenticity, and validation
   of these entities through names.  This document proposes a generic
   naming schema, called PID (Principal, Identifier, and Domain), which
   supports security provenance, content lookup, routing and inter-
   domain resolution for ICN.  With P:I:D (or simply PID) schema, a name
   consists of three components: Principal, Identifier, and Domain.  In
   this specification, we only illustrate the principles and concepts of
   PID schema and the functional role of each component, and leave the
   encoding approaches as implementation options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/