Subject: I-D Action: draft-xue-radext-key-management-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 03:30:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Key Management in WLAN network
	Author(s)       : Li Xue
	Filename        : draft-xue-radext-key-management-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   In order to guarantee the security and integration of the subscriber
   in WLAN network, Pairwise Master Key (PMK) will be generated as an
   access authorization token during the mutual authentication procedure
   between station (STA) and authenticator server (AS).  Then, the PMK
   and 4-way handshake are used between STA and Authenticator to derive,
   bind and verify the Pairwise Transient Key (PTK), which is a
   collection of operational keys for security.  Also,Group Transient
   Key (GTK) can be derived, and is used to secure multicast/broadcast
   traffic.  In the authentication architecture, only STA and AS can
   manufacture PMK, moreover, AS can only distribute PMK to
   Authenticator.However, if the authenticator function is not
   collocated with the encryption/decryption function, it is difficult
   to achieve traffic encryption/decryption in WLAN network.The purpose
   of this document is to analyze the requirement and issue for key
   management that have arisen so far during STA authentication process
   in WLAN network.  Meanwhile, the control messages for key management
   are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xue-radext-key-management

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xue-radext-key-management-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/