Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:53:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using the Label Distribution Protocol
	Author(s)       : Luca Martini
                          Giles Heron
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2013-02-20

Abstract:
   Layer 2 services (such as Frame Relay, Asynchronus Transfer Mode, and
   Ethernet) can be "emulated" over an MPLS backbone by encapsulating
   the Layer 2 Packet Data Units (PDU) and then transmitting them over
   "pseudowires". It is also possible to use pseudowires to provide
   low-rate Time Dividion Multiplexed and Synchronous Optical NETworking
   circuit emulation over a MPLS-enabled network. This document
   specifies a protocol for establishing and maintaining the
   pseudowires, using extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
   (LDP).  Procedures for encapsulating Layer 2 PDUs are specified in a
   set of companion documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/