Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-perspective-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:05:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Architectural Perspective on the LISP Location-Identity Separation System
	Author(s)       : J. Noel Chiappa
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-perspective-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   LISP upgrades the architecture of the IPvN internetworking system by
   separating location and identity, current intermingled in IPvN
   addresses.  This is a change which has been identified by the IRTF as
   a critically necessary evolutionary architectural step for the
   Internet.  In LISP, nodes have both a 'locator' (a name which says
   _where_ in the network's connectivity structure the node is) and an
   'identifier' (a name which serves only to provide a persistent handle
   for the node).  A node may have more than one locator, or its locator
   may change over time (e.g. if the node is mobile), but it keeps the
   same identifier.

   This document gives additional architectural insight into LISP, and
   considers a number of aspects of LISP from a high-level standpoint.

   [NOTE: This is still a somewhat rough draft version; a few sections
   at the end are just rough frameworks, but almost all the key
   sections, and all the front part of the document, are here, and in
   something like reasonably complete form.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-perspective

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-perspective-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/