Subject: I-D Action: draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:50:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generic UDP Encapsulation for IP Tunneling
	Author(s)       : Lucy Yong
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for encapsulating the layer
   protocols within UDP at an IP network edge such that the payload
   protocol can be identified from the destination port value. The
   mechanism also allows for the source port to be used as the entropy
   field for the purpose of load balancing in environments such as
   Equal Cost Multipath (ECMP) in the underlying IP network.

   Application of this technique is focused on tunneling payload
   network flows across IP networks in environments where load-
   balancing is required. No changes to the underlying IP network or
   the payload networks are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yong-tsvwg-udp-encap-4-ip-tunneling-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/