Subject: I-D Action: draft-nguyen-manet-management-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 06:37:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Management of Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANET): Architecture, Use Cases, and Applicability
	Author(s)       : James Nguyen
                          Robert G. Cole
                          U.S. Army CERDEC
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Jiazi Yi
                          Justin Dean
	Filename        : draft-nguyen-manet-management-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   This document aims at providing an extended architecture, use case
   and applicability statement for management of MANETs, as a guideline
   for how to manage MANETs.  This document describes different
   management activities, such as network configuration, monitoring of
   state, monitoring of performance, fault management, and software
   upgrades.  Different aspects of a MANET management architecture are
   illustrated (e.g., distributed vs. centralized management, flat vs.
   hierarchical management, management of an entire network vs. an
   individual router, etc.) and contrasted to the NMS architecture in
   the Internet.  A desciption of typical MANET use cases relevant for
   management is followed by an overview of current standard management
   protocols that can be used in MANETs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nguyen-manet-management

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nguyen-manet-management-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/