Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:47:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
	Author(s)       : Yang Cui
                          Emily Bi
                          Kostas Pentikousis
	Filename        : draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider deployment calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance.  Unfortunately, however, standard IP
   performance measurement security mechanisms cannot be readily used
   with IPsec.  This document makes the case for employing IPsec to
   protect O/TWAMP and proposes a method which combines IKEv2 and
   O/TWAMP as defined in RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, respectively.  This
   specification aims, on the one hand, to ensure that O/TWAMP can be
   secured, while on the other hand, it extends the applicability of
   O/TWAMP to networks that have already deployed IPsec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-ippm-ipsec-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/