Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:57:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Simulcast in RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Morgan Lindqvist
                          Fredrik Jansson
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   In some applications it may be necessary to send multiple media
   encodings derived from the same media source in independent RTP media
   streams.  This is called Simulcast.  This document discusses the best
   way of accomplishing this in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  It is
   concluded that a solution where the different simulcast versions are
   based on separate SDP media descriptions provides best support for
   simulcast.  A solution is defined by making two extensions to SDP.
   The first extension consists of two new attributes in SDP that
   express capability to send or receive simulcast streams,
   respectively.  The second extension describes how to group media
   descriptions belonging to the same simulcast source by using the
   grouping framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/