Subject: I-D Action: draft-madhavan-alto-subscription-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 02:11:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Subscription
	Author(s)       : Sreekanth Madhavan
                          Nandiraju Ravishankar
	Filename        : draft-madhavan-alto-subscription-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-02-01

Abstract:
   The specification of the ALTO protocol uses map based approaches
   assuming that the information provided is static for a longer period
   of time.  But in some cases network operators reallocate IP subnets
   from time to time which in turn changes the mapping partitions[I-
   D.ietf-alto-deployments].  Since the ALTO clients are unaware of the
   map information changes, clients need to query the servers for every
   service request and many such requests are redundant because the
   information was not changed.  The purpose of this memo is to propose
   a mechanism where ALTO clients can subscribe for event notifications
   from the server

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-madhavan-alto-subscription

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-madhavan-alto-subscription-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-madhavan-alto-subscription-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/