Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-dime-keying-database-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:37:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Keying Database for Diameter End-to-End Security
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-dime-keying-database-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-02-18

Abstract:
   The Diameter Base specification offers security protection between
   neighboring Diameter peers using TLS, DTLS, and IPsec.  The
   development of a solution to protect Diameter Attribute Value Pairs
   between non-neighboring nodes is currently work in progress.

   Diameter nodes maintain different types of databases, depending on
   their functions.  Examples include the peer table and the realm-based
   routing table.  This document describes a conceptual model for a
   keying database as it would be used by a Diameter node to determine
   what AVPs to protect, and what keys / algorithms to use.  On the
   receiving side it allows the receiving node to select the appropriate
   security association for verifying the protected AVPs.  The design is
   similar to IPsec and inspired by the routing protocol security key
   table.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-dime-keying-database

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-dime-keying-database-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/