Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 07:05:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).
	Author(s)       : Dhruv Dhody
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Zafar Ali
                          George Swallow
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-03-26

Abstract:
   In certain networks like financial information network (stock/
   commodity trading) and enterprises using cloud based applications,
   Latency (delay), Latency-Variation (jitter) and Packet loss is
   becoming a key requirement for path computation along with other
   constraints and metrics.  Latency, Latency-Variation and Packet Loss
   is associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between
   customers and service providers.

   [MPLS-DELAY-FWK] describes MPLS architecture to allow Latency
   (delay), Latency-Variation (jitter) and Packet loss as properties.
   [OSPF-TE-EXPRESS] and [ISIS-TE-EXPRESS] describes mechanisms with
   which network performance information is distributed via OSPF and
   ISIS respectively.  This document describes the extension to PCEP to
   carry Latency, Latency-Variation and Loss as constraints for end to
   end path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/