Subject: I-D Action: draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:16:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LISP Based FlowMapping for Scaling NFV
	Author(s)       : Sharon Barkai
                          Dino Farinacci
                          David Meyer
                          Fabio Maino
                          Vina Ermagan
	Filename        : draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-03-11

Abstract:
   This draft describes distributed flow-mapping applied according to
   RFC 6830 Locator ID Separation Protocol (LISP) for dynamic scaling of
   virtualized network functions (NFV) . Network functions such as
   subscriber management-mobility-security-quality, are typically
   delivered using proprietary appliances topologically embedded into
   the network as service-nodes or service-blades.  Next generation
   virtualized network functions are pure software instances running on
   standard servers - unbundled building blocks of processing capacity
   and modular functionality.  LISP based flow-mapping dynamically wires
   VNF instances into the data-path, and scales virtualized functions by
   steering the right traffic in the right sequence to the right
   process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/