Subject: I-D Action: draft-retana-network-complexity-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:42:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework for Measuring Network Complexity
	Author(s)       : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-retana-network-complexity-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-03-14

Abstract:
   Network architecture revolves around the concept of fitting the
   design of a network to its purpose; of asking the question, "what
   network will best fit these needs?"  A part of fitting network design
   to requirements is the problem of complexity, an idea often measured
   by "seat of pants" methods.  When would adding a particular protocol,
   policy, or configuration be "too complex?"  This document suggests a
   series of continuums along which network complexity might be
   measured.  No suggestions are made in measuring complexity for each
   of these continuums are provided; this is left for future documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-retana-network-complexity-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-retana-network-complexity-framework-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/