Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:53:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media
	Author(s)       : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Rong Pan
	Filename        : draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-03-12

Abstract:
   This document describes a scheme named network-assisted dynamic
   adaptation (NADA), a novel congestion control approach for
   interactive real-time media applications, such as video conferencing.
   In the proposed scheme, the sender regulates its sending rate based
   on either implicit or explicit congestion signaling, in a unified
   approach. The scheme can benefit from explicit congestion
   notification (ECN) markings from network nodes. It also maintains
   consistent sender behavior in the absence of such markings, by
   reacting to queuing delays and packet losses instead.

   We present here the overall system architecture, recommended
   behaviors at the sender and the receiver, as well as expected network
   node operations. Results from extensive simulation studies of the
   proposed scheme are available upon request.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-rmcat-nada

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/