Subject: I-D Action: draft-ruoska-encoding-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:20:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Ruoska Encoding
	Author(s)       : Jukka-Pekka Makela
	Filename        : draft-ruoska-encoding-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-03-21

Abstract:
   This document describes hierarchically structured binary encoding
   format called the Ruoska Encoding (RSK).  The main design goals are
   minimal resource usage, well defined structured with good selection
   of widely known data types, and still extendable for future usage.

   The main benefit when compared to non binary hierarchically
   structured formats like XML is simplicity and minimal resource
   demands.  Even basic XML parsing is time and memory consuming
   operation.

   When compared to other binary formats like encoding formats of ASN.1
   the main benefit is simplicity.  ASN.1 with different encondings is
   complex and even simple implementation needs a lot of effort.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ruoska-encoding

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ruoska-encoding-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ruoska-encoding-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/