Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:14:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets for End-Host to End-Host Communication
	Author(s)       : Michael Tuexen
                          Randall R. Stewart
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-13.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-03-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple method of encapsulating SCTP Packets
   into UDP packets and its limitations.  This allows the usage of SCTP
   in networks with legacy NAT not supporting SCTP.  It can also be used
   to implement SCTP on hosts without directly accessing the IP-layer,
   for example implementing it as part of the application without
   requiring special privileges.

   Please note that this document only describes the functionality
   required within an SCTP stack to add on UDP encapsulation, providing
   only those mechanisms for two end-hosts to communicate with each
   other over UDP ports.  In particular, it does not provide mechanisms
   to determine whether UDP encapsulation is being used by the peer, nor
   the mechanisms for determining which remote UDP port number can be
   used.  These functions are are out of scope for this document.

   This document covers only end-hosts and not tunneling (egress or
   ingress) end-points.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/