Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-coap-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:42:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
                          Klaus Hartke
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-14.txt
	Pages           : 110
	Date            : 2013-03-12

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a specialized web
   transfer protocol for use with constrained nodes and constrained
   (e.g., low-power, lossy) networks.  The nodes often have 8-bit
   microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while constrained
   networks such as 6LoWPAN often have high packet error rates and a
   typical throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  The protocol is designed for
   machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as smart energy and
   building automation.

   CoAP provides a request/response interaction model between
   application endpoints, supports built-in discovery of services and
   resources, and includes key concepts of the Web such as URIs and
   Internet media types.  CoAP easily interfaces with HTTP for
   integration with the Web while meeting specialized requirements such
   as multicast support, very low overhead and simplicity for
   constrained environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-coap-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-coap-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/