Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:25:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MAC Flush Loop Detection in VPLS
	Author(s)       : Paul Kwok
                          Pranjal Kumar Dutta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-03-31

Abstract:
   MAC Address Withdrawal is a mechanism described in [RFC4762] to
   remove or unlearn MAC addresses that have been dynamically learned in
   a VPLS instance, for faster convergence on topology change.  Failure
   of mechanisms that control loop free connectivity among VPLS PE-rs
   nodes may cause MAC Address Withdrawal messages looping among those
   nodes, leading to Denial of Service (DoS) or complete failure of
   control plane in the PE-rs nodes.  This document describes a
   mechanism to detect and prevent loops of MAC Address Withdrawal
   messages in a VPLS PE-rs node on such failures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-macflush-ld-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/