Subject: I-D Action: draft-previdi-filsfils-isis-segment-routing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 04:06:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Segment Routing with IS-IS Routing Protocol
	Author(s)       : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Igor Milojevic
                          Rob Shakir
                          Saku Ytti
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-previdi-filsfils-isis-segment-routing-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-03-21

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) enables any node to select any path (explicit or
   derived from IGPs SPT computations) for each of its traffic classes.
   The path does not depend on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (neither
   LDP nor RSVP).  It only depends on a set of "segments" that are
   advertised by the IS-IS routing protocol.  These segments act as
   topological sub-paths that can be combined together to form the
   desired path.

   There are two forms of segments: node and adjacency.  A node segment
   represents a path to a node.  An adjacency segment represents a
   specific adjacency to a node.  A node segment is typically a multi-
   hop path while an adjacency segment is a one-hop path.  SR's control-
   plane can be applied to IPv6 and MPLS dataplanes.

   Segment Routing control-plane can be applied to the MPLS dataplane: a
   node segment to node N is instantiated in the MPLS dataplane as an
   LSP along the shortest-path (SPT) to the node.  An adjacency segment
   is instantiated in the MPLS dataplane as a cross-connect entry
   pointing to a specific egress datalink.

   This document describes the Segment Routing functions, a set of use
   cases it addresses and the necessary changes that are required in the
   IS-IS protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-previdi-filsfils-isis-segment-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-previdi-filsfils-isis-segment-routing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-previdi-filsfils-isis-segment-routing-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/