Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:52:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recursive PCP
	Author(s)       : Stuart Cheshire
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-03-10

Abstract:
   The Port Control Protocol (PCP) allows clients to request explicit
   dynamic inbound and outbound port mappings in their closest on-path
   NAT, firewall, or other middlebox.  However, in today's world, there
   may be more than one NAT on the path between a client and the public
   Internet.  This document describes how the closest on-path middlebox
   generates a corresponding upstream PCP request to the next closest
   on-path middlebox, to request an appropriate explicit dynamic port
   mapping in that middlebox too.  Applied recursively, this generates
   the necessary chain of port mappings in any number of middleboxes on
   the path between the client and the public Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheshire-recursive-pcp-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/