Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:33:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC)
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-00.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2013-03-31

Abstract:
   The email ecosystem currently lacks a cohesive mechanism through
   which email senders and receivers can make use of multiple
   authentication protocols in an attempt to establish reliable domain
   identifiers.  This lack of cohesion prevents receivers from providing
   domain-specific feedback to senders regarding the accuracy of
   authentication deployments.  Inaccurate authentication deployments
   preclude receivers from safely taking deterministic action against
   email that fails authentication checks.  Finally, email senders do
   not have the ability to publish policies specifying actions that
   should be taken against email that fails multiple authentication
   checks.

   This memo presents a proposal for a scalable mechanism by which an
   organization can express, using the Domain Name System, domain-level
   policies and preferences for message validation, disposition, and
   reporting with predictable and accurate results.

   The enclosed proposal is not intended to introduce mechanisms that
   provide elevated delivery privilege of authenticated email.  The
   proposal presents a mechanism for policy distribution that enables a
   continuum of increasingly strict handling of messages that fail
   multiple authentication checks, from no action, through silent
   reporting, up to message rejection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/