Subject: I-D Action: draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 05:08:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ICN Baseline Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Dorothy Gellert
                          Priya Mahadevan
	Filename        : draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-02.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2013-03-11

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about
   potential experimental setups where different information-centric
   networking (ICN) approaches can be tested and compared against each
   other while showcasing their advantages.  Towards this end, we
   develop several scenarios in an iterative fashion, starting by
   reviewing pertinent ICN evaluations from the published literature.
   That is, the document includes scenarios which have all been
   considered in one or more performance evaluation studies and are
   already available to the community.  The scenarios selected aim to
   exercise a variety of aspects that an ICN solution can address.  On
   the one hand, we consider general aspects, such as, network
   efficiency, reduced complexity, increased scalability and
   reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching performance,
   real-time communication efficacy, energy consumption frugality, and
   disruption and delay tolerance. On the other hand, we focus on ICN-
   specific aspects, such as, information security and trust,
   persistence, availability, provenance, and location independence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/