Subject: I-D Action: draft-l2vpn-vlpm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:26:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VPLS external Loop Protection Mechanism (VLPM)
	Author(s)       : Time Warner Cable
	Filename        : draft-l2vpn-vlpm-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-03-13

Abstract:
    Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) as defined in RFC4761 [RFC4761]
    and RFC4762 [RFC4762] implementations are highly susceptible to
    layer-2 loops external to the PE customer-facing interface. Such
    loops impact performance and can have a detrimental effect on all
    VPLS traffic throughout the entire instance under certain
    conditions.

    Current Layer-2 loop protection and protection mechanisms do not
    function effectively here.

    This document describes a protocol function (VPLS External Loop
    Protection Mechanism (VLPM)) to offer VPLS service providers a
    mechanism for detecting such layer-2 loops and facilitating
    configurable actions without the need for inter-operation with
    customer network protocols, other VPLS PEs or sites.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-l2vpn-vlpm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-l2vpn-vlpm-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/