Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-6tsch-6tus-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:15:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6tus Adaptation Layer Specification
	Author(s)       : Qin Wang
                          Xavier Vilajosana
                          Thomas Watteyne
	Filename        : draft-wang-6tsch-6tus-00.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2013-03-11

Abstract:
   The recently published [IEEE802154e] standard formalizes the concept
   of link-layer resources in LLNs.  Nodes are synchronized and follow a
   schedule.  A time slot in that schedule corresponds to an atomic
   link-layer resource, and can be allocated to any pair of neighbors in
   the network.  This allows the schedule to be built to tightly match
   each node's bandwidth, latency and energy constraints, while ensuring
   collision-free communication.  The [IEEE802154e] standard does not,
   however, present a mechanism to do so, as building and managing the
   schedule is out of the standard's scope.  Routing layers such as the
   IETF IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL) provide a mechanism to
   route multipoint-to-point traffic (from devices inside the LLN
   towards a central control point) and point-to-multipoint traffic
   (from the central control point to the devices inside the LLN).
   Network layer overlays cannot be optimized and adapted to take
   advantage of the link-based topology created by the underlying TSCH
   MAC layer as a missing set of functionalities need to be defined.
   This document describes the 6tus adaptation layer and the main
   commands it provides to upper network layers such as RPL or GMPLS.
   The set of functionalities includes feedback metrics from link states
   so network layers can take routing decisions, TSCH configuration and
   control procedures, and the support for centralized and decentralized
   scheduling policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-6tsch-6tus

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-6tsch-6tus-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/