Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-buffers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 06:07:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advice on network buffering
	Author(s)       : Godred Fairhurst
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-buffers-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-03-11

Abstract:
   This document proposes an update to the advice given in RFC 3819.
   Subsequent research has altered understanding of buffer sizing and
   queue management.  Therefore this document significantly revises the
   previous recommendations on buffering.  The advice applies to all
   packet buffers, whether in network equipment, end hosts or
   middleboxes such as firewalls or NATs.  And the advice applies to
   packet buffers at any layer: whether subnet, IP, transport or
   application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-buffers

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-buffers-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/