Subject: I-D Action: draft-garcia-core-security-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:47:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
	Author(s)       : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Rene Hummen
                          Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-garcia-core-security-05.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2013-03-11

Abstract:
   A direct interpretation of the Internet of Things concept refers to
   the usage of standard Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing
   or thing-to-thing communication.  Although the security needs are
   well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based
   security protocols can be applied to this new setting.  This
   Internet-Draft first provides an overview of security architecture,
   its deployment model and general security needs in the context of the
   lifecycle of a thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements
   for the successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard
   IP-based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet
   of Things.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-garcia-core-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-core-security-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-garcia-core-security-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/