Subject: I-D Action: draft-mjsraman-panet-ospf-power-topo-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 01:21:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Power Based Topologies and TE-Shortest Power Paths in OSPF
	Author(s)       : Shankar Raman
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Gaurav Raina
                          Vasan Srini
	Filename        : draft-mjsraman-panet-ospf-power-topo-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-03-27

Abstract:
   In a Interior Gateway Protocol like OSPF (Open Shortest Path First)
   the computation of the Constrained shortest path to destinations is
   computed for an area say a backbone or a non-backbone area using the
   TE-metrics advertised in the area. With importance given to the
   reduction of power within a network it becomes important to provide a
   solution that reduces the power consumed amongst routers and links
   that make up the network (in this case an area or a collection of
   areas including the backbone and non-backbone areas). This proposal
   aims at providing such a solution by producing a power topology of
   the area / areas. This power topology is constructed by assigning
   metrics to links based on the power consumed by the linecards (and
   hence their respective ports in an indirect way) of adjacent routers
   that are interconnected by each such link.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mjsraman-panet-ospf-power-topo

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-panet-ospf-power-topo-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mjsraman-panet-ospf-power-topo-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/