Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-multihoming-without-ipv6nat-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 05:58:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 Multihoming without Network Address Translation
	Author(s)       : Ole Troan
                          David Miles
                          Satoru Matsushima
                          Tadahisa Okimoto
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-multihoming-without-ipv6nat-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-03-18

Abstract:
   Network Address and Port Translation (NAPT) works well for conserving
   global addresses and addressing multihoming requirements, because an
   IPv4 NAPT router implements three functions: source address
   selection, next-hop resolution and optionally DNS resolution.  For
   IPv6 hosts one approach could be the use of NPTv6.  However, NAT
   should be avoided, if at all possible, to permit transparent end-to-
   end connectivity.  In this document, we analyze the use cases of
   multihoming.  We also describe functional requirements and possible
   solutions for multihoming without the use of NAT in IPv6 for hosts
   and small IPv6 networks that would otherwise be unable to meet
   minimum IPv6 allocation criteria.  We conclude that DHCPv6 based
   solutions are suitable to solve the multihoming issues, described in
   this document, while NPTv6 may be required as an intermediate
   solution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-multihoming-without-ipv6nat

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-multihoming-without-ipv6nat-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-multihoming-without-ipv6nat-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/