Subject: I-D Action: draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:04:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VPLS External Loop Detection and Protection Requirements
	Author(s)       : Time Warner Cable
	Filename        : draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-03-21

Abstract:
    Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) implementations, as defined in
    [RFC4761] and [RFC4762], are highly susceptible to layer-2 loops
    external to the PE customer-facing interface. Such loops impact
    performance and can have a detrimental affect on all VPLS traffic
    throughout the entire instance under certain conditions.

    Current Layer-2 loop detection and protection mechanisms do not
    function effectively here.

    This document describes the requirements for a protocol function
    to offer VPLS service providers a mechanism for detecting such
    layer-2 loops and facilitating configurable actions without the
    need for inter-operation with customer network protocols, other
    VPLS PEs or customer sourced frames.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/