Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:48:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Duplicate Address Detection Proxy
	Author(s)       : Fabio Costa
                          Jean-Michel Combes
                          Xavier Pougnard
                          Hongyu Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-07.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-04-09

Abstract:
   The document describes a proxy based mechanism allowing the use of
   Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) by IPv6 nodes in a point-to-
   multipoint architecture with "split-horizon" forwarding scheme,
   primarily deployed for Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) and Fiber access
   architectures.  Based on the DAD signalling, the first hop router
   stores in a Binding Table all known IPv6 addresses used on a point-
   to-multipoint domain (e.g.  VLAN).  When a node performs DAD for an
   address already used by another node, the first hop router replies
   instead of this last one.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-dad-proxy-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/