Subject: I-D Action: draft-donley-nat444-impacts-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 07:08:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Assessing the Impact of Carrier-Grade NAT on Network Applications
	Author(s)       : Chris Donley
                          Lee Howard
                          Victor Kuarsingh
                          John Berg
                          Jinesh Doshi
	Filename        : draft-donley-nat444-impacts-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2013-04-05

Abstract:
   NAT444 is an IPv4 extension technology being considered by Service
   Providers to continue offering IPv4 service to customers while
   transitioning to IPv6.  This technology adds an extra Carrier-Grade
   NAT ("CGN") in the Service Provider network, often resulting in two
   NATs.  CableLabs, Time Warner Cable, and Rogers Communications
   independently tested the impacts of NAT444 on many popular Internet
   services using a variety of test scenarios, network topologies, and
   vendor equipment.  This document identifies areas where adding a
   second layer of NAT disrupts the communication channel for common
   Internet applications.  This document was updated to also include
   Dual-Stack Lite impacts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-donley-nat444-impacts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-donley-nat444-impacts-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-donley-nat444-impacts-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/