Subject: I-D Action: draft-wing-dhc-dns-reconfigure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 04:10:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCPv6 Dynamic DNS Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Dan Wing
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Prashanth Patil
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-wing-dhc-dns-reconfigure-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-04-05

Abstract:
   Some networks are expected to support IPv4-only, dual-stack, and
   IPv6-only hosts at the same time.  This makes prioritizing the DNS
   servers for hosts tricky due to a heterogeneous mix of protocol
   stacks causing optimal behavior to occur only when the host stack re-
   initializes.  The networks infrastructure is usually well equipped to
   be aware of single/dual-stack nature of hosts.

   This specification extends DHCPv6 so that the DHCPv6 Relay Agent can
   dynamically influence the priority of DNS servers provided to the
   host, so that the host can use the optimal DNS server for resolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wing-dhc-dns-reconfigure

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-dhc-dns-reconfigure-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/