Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:49:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-06.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-04-12

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices and
   networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices will often
   naturally operate in groups (e.g.  in a building automation scenario
   all lights in a given room may need to be switched on/off as a
   group).  This document provides guidance for how the CoAP protocol
   should be used in a group communication context.  An approach for
   using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed for both constrained
   and un-constrained networks.  Also, various use cases and
   corresponding protocol flows are provided to illustrate important
   concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for deployment in various
   network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/