Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:59:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Thomas Heide Clausen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-04-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies integrity and replay protection for required
   implementation in the MANET Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)
   and the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).
   This document specifies how an included integrity check value (ICV)
   and a timestamp TLV, defined in RFC6622bis, are used by NHDP and
   OLSRv2 for countering a number of security threats.  The ICV TLV uses
   a SHA-256 based HMAC and one or more shared secret keys.  The
   timestamp TLV is based on POSIX time, and assumes that the clocks in
   all routers in the network can be synchronized with sufficient
   precision.  The mechanism in this specification can also be used for
   other MANET protocols using RFC5444.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/