Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-transport-instance-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:55:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OSPF Transport Instance Extensions
	Author(s)       : Acee Lindem
                          Abhay Roy
                          Sina Mirtorabi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-transport-instance-10.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-04-05

Abstract:
   OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 include a reliable flooding mechanism to
   disseminate routing topology and Traffic Engineering (TE) information
   within a routing domain.  Given the effectiveness of these
   mechanisms, it is convenient to envision using the same mechanism for
   dissemination of other types of information within the domain.
   However, burdening OSPF with this additional information will impact
   intra-domain routing convergence and possibly jeopardize the
   stability of the OSPF routing domain.  This document presents
   mechanism to relegate this ancillary information to a separate OSPF
   instance and minimize the impact.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-transport-instance

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-transport-instance-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-transport-instance-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/