Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:58:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proposed Refactoring of JOSE to Align Encryption and Key Wrapping
	Author(s)       : Richard Barnes
	Filename        : draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-04-03

Abstract:
   The discussions around key wrapping in the JOSE working group have
   raised new requirements for wrapped keys, namely: (1) Wrapping keys
   other than symmetric keys, (2) cryptographically binding attributes
   to keys, and (3) allowing the use of AEAD cryptographic algorithms
   for key wrapping (other than AES-KW).  This document proposes a
   refactoring of the JOSE document set that provides a cleaner
   conceptual structure for JWS / JWE and transparent support for
   wrapped keys, all with a relatively minor impact on the compact form
   of JWS and JWE objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/