Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:22:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Mapping PMIP Quality of Service in WiFi Network
	Author(s)       : John Kaippallimalil
	Filename        : draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-04-21

Abstract:
   This document proposes a model for configuring and mapping PMIP QoS
   parameters of a mobile network session to the corresponding
   connection at a WiFi Access Point. In congested network conditions,
   it is useful for an MN's flows to be policed and shaped at the WLC
   and WiFi AP to match  bandwidth constraints or service priority of
   the user's subscription. Applying similar QoS management at the WiFi
   AP and WLC allows optimal use of network resources. Currently, the
   WiFi AP does not have information on the MNs subscribed bandwidth, or
   relative priority of its flows or services for per user QoS handling
   at the WiFi AP. This document provides a model for mapping PMIP QoS
   to corresponding 802.11e QoS parameters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/