Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-ospf-label-advertisement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 05:36:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertising MPLS labels in OSPF
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
                          Shane Amante
                          Tom Scholl
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-gredler-ospf-label-advertisement-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-04-13

Abstract:
   Historically MPLS label distribution was driven by protocols like
   LDP, RSVP and LBGP. All of those protocols are session oriented.  In
   order to obtain label binding for a given destination FEC from a
   given router one needs first to establish an LDP/RSVP/LBGP session
   with that router.

   Advertising MPLS labels in IGPs advertisement [I-D.gredler-rtgwg-igp-
   label-advertisement] describes several use cases where utilizing the
   flooding machinery of link-state protocols for MPLS label
   distribution allows to obtain the binding without requiring to
   establish an LDP/RSVP/LBGP session with that router.

   This document describes the protocol extension to distribute MPLS
   labels by the OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gredler-ospf-label-advertisement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gredler-ospf-label-advertisement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/