Subject: I-D Action: draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:39:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Mechanism for Diameter Overload Control
	Author(s)       : Adam Roach
                          Eric McMurry
	Filename        : draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2013-04-26

Abstract:
   When a Diameter server or agent becomes overloaded, it needs to be
   able to gracefully reduce its load, typically by informing clients to
   reduce or stop sending traffic for some period of time.  Otherwise,
   it must continue to expend resources parsing and responding to
   Diameter messages.

   This document proposes a concrete, application-independent mechanism
   to address the challenge of communicating load and overload state
   among Diameter peers, and specifies an algorithm for load abatement
   to address such overload conditions as they occur.  The load
   abatement algorithm is extensible, allowing for future documents to
   define additional load abatement approaches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/