Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:30:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Certificates
	Author(s)       : Tobias Heer
                          Samu Varjonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-03-22

Abstract:
   The CERT parameter is a container for digital certificates.  It is
   used for carrying these certificates in Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
   control packets.  This document specifies the certificate parameter
   and the error signaling in case of a failed verification.
   Additionally, this document specifies the representations of Host
   Identity Tags in X.509 version 3 (v3) and SPKI certificates.

   The concrete use of certificates including how certificates are
   obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful or
   failed verification are specific to the scenario in which the
   certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
   specific aspects are left to the documents that use the CERT
   parameter.

   This document updates RFC 5201.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/