Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-dtls-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:00:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DTLS as a Transport Layer for RADIUS
	Author(s)       : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dtls-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-04-02

Abstract:
   The RADIUS protocol [RFC2865] has limited support for authentication
   and encryption of RADIUS packets.  The protocol transports data "in
   the clear", although some parts of the packets can have "obfuscated"
   content.  Packets may be replayed verbatim by an attacker, and
   client-server authentication is based on fixed shared secrets.  This
   document specifies how the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
   protocol may be used as a fix for these problems.  It also describes
   how implementations of this proposal can co-exist with current RADIUS
   systems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-dtls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-dtls-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-dtls-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/