Subject: I-D Action: draft-mjsraman-panet-tcam-power-efficiency-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:23:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCAM power reduction and optimization in Routers
	Author(s)       : Shankar Raman
                          Balaji Venkat Venkataswami
                          Kamakoti Veezhinathan
                          Gaurav Raina
	Filename        : draft-mjsraman-panet-tcam-power-efficiency-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-04-29

Abstract:
   This specification entails enabling power and performance management
   in Routers (multi-chassis and single chassis) with respect to TCAM
   and SRAM usage on intelligent router line cards  that implement
   Virtual Aggregation of routes.

   The previous version of this document had several errata that have
   been addressed in this version. This scheme relates to unicast alone
   since multicast entries are programmed only after consultation with
   the unicast entries in the software plane in the Route processor.
   Hence this scheme does not apply to multicast.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mjsraman-panet-tcam-power-efficiency

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mjsraman-panet-tcam-power-efficiency-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mjsraman-panet-tcam-power-efficiency-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/