Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:44:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Rate Control
	Author(s)       : Eric Noel
                          Philip M Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-04-08

Abstract:
   The prevalent use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [RFC3261] in
   Next Generation Networks necessitates that SIP networks provide
   adequate control mechanisms to maintain transaction throughput by
   preventing congestion collapse during traffic overloads. Already
   [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-12] proposes a loss-based solution
   to remedy known vulnerabilities of the [RFC3261] SIP 503 (service
   unavailable) overload control mechanism. This document proposes a
   rate-based control solution to complement the loss-based control
   defined in [draft-ietf-soc-overload-control-12].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/