Subject: I-D Action: draft-cardenas-dff-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:36:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Alvaro A. Cardenas
                          Tadashige Iwao
                          Michael L. Dow
                          Sandra L. Cespedes
	Filename        : draft-cardenas-dff-12.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-04-30

Abstract:
   This document specifies the "Depth-First Forwarding" (DFF) protocol
   for IPv6 networks, a data forwarding mechanism that can increase
   reliability of data delivery in networks with dynamic topology and/or
   lossy links.  The protocol operates entirely on the forwarding plane,
   but may interact with the routing plane.  DFF forwards data packets
   using a mechanism similar to a "depth-first search" for the
   destination of a packet.  The routing plane may be informed of
   failures to deliver a packet or loops.  This document specifies the
   DFF mechanism both for IPv6 networks (as specified in RFC2460) and in
   addition also for LoWPAN "mesh-under" networks (as specified in
   RFC4944).  DFF assumes that the underlying link layer provides means
   to detect if a packet has been successfully delivered to the next hop
   or not, is designed for networks with little traffic, and is used for
   unicast transmissions only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cardenas-dff-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cardenas-dff-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/