Subject: I-D Action: draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 02:51:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance Monitoring Analysis for L3VPN
	Author(s)       : Lianshu Zheng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Bhavani Parise
	Filename        : draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-04-17

Abstract:
   To perform the measurement of packet loss, delay and other metrics on
   a particular VPN flow, the egress PE need to tell to which specific
   ingress VRF a packet belongs to.  But for L3VPN, multipoint-to-point
   or multipoint-to-multipoint (MP2MP) network model applies, flow
   identifying is a big challenge.  This document summarizes the current
   performance monitoring mechanisms for MPLS networks, and analyzes the
   challenge for L3VPN performance monitoring.  This document also
   discuss the key points need to be taken in consideration when
   designing L3VPN performance monitoring mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/