Subject: I-D Action: draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 05:35:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Saratoga: A Scalable Data Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)       : Lloyd Wood
                          Wesley M. Eddy
                          Charles Smith
                          Will Ivancic
                          Chris Jackson
	Filename        : draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-13.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2013-04-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Saratoga transfer protocol.  Saratoga was
   originally developed to transfer remote-sensing imagery efficiently
   from a low-Earth-orbiting satellite constellation, but is useful for
   many other scenarios, including ad-hoc peer-to-peer communications,
   delay-tolerant networking, and grid computing.  Saratoga is a simple,
   lightweight, content dissemination protocol that builds on UDP, and
   optionally uses UDP-Lite.  Saratoga is intended for use when moving
   files or streaming data between peers which may have permanent,
   sporadic or intermittent connectivity, and is capable of transferring
   very large amounts of data reliably under adverse conditions.  The
   Saratoga protocol is designed to cope with highly asymmetric link or
   path capacity between peers, and can support fully-unidirectional
   data transfer if required.  Saratoga can also cope with very large
   files for exascale computing.  In scenarios with dedicated links,
   Saratoga focuses on high link utilization to make the most of limited
   connectivity times, while standard congestion control mechanisms can
   be implemented for operation over shared links.  Loss recovery is
   implemented via a simple negative-ack ARQ mechanism.  The protocol
   specified in this document is considered to be appropriate for
   experimental use on private IP networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/