Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-schneier-4270bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:35:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Attacks on Cryptographic Hashes in Internet Protocols
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
                          Bruce Schneier
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-schneier-4270bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-04-29

Abstract:
   Announcements in the past decade of better-than-expected collision
   attacks in popular hash algorithms have caused some people to
   question whether common Internet protocols need to be changed, and if
   so, how.  This document summarizes the use of hashes in many
   protocols, discusses how the collision attacks affect and do not
   affect the protocols, shows how to thwart known attacks on digital
   certificates, and discusses future directions for protocol designers.
   It also gives rationales for moving away from some hash algorithms
   altogether and for choosing when to start using newer, presumably
   better, hash algorithms in Internet protocols.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4270 and introduces significant new
   material that has been learned since the publication of that
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-schneier-4270bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-schneier-4270bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoffman-schneier-4270bis-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/