Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 08:44:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Syslog Format for NAT Logging
	Author(s)       : Zhonghua Chen
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
                          T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2013-05-08

Abstract:
   With the wide deployment of Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) devices, the
   logging of NAT-related events has become very important for legal
   purposes.  The logs may be required to identify a host that was used
   to launch malicious attacks or engage in illegal behaviour, and/or
   may be required for accounting purposes.  This document identifies
   the events that need to be logged and the parameters that are
   required in the logs depending on the context in which the NAT is
   being used.  It goes on to standardize formats for reporting these
   events and parameters using SYSLOG (RFC 5424).  A companion document
   specifies formats for reporting the same events and parameters using
   IPFIX (RFC 5101).  Applicability statements are provided in this
   document and its companion to guide operators and implementors in
   their choice of which technology to use for logging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/