Subject: I-D Action: draft-kwon-yoon-kim-ipake-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 00:17:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : I-PAKE: Identity-Based Password Authenticated Key Exchange
	Author(s)       : Taekyoung Kwon
                          Hyojin Yoon
                          Sangyoub Kim
	Filename        : draft-kwon-yoon-kim-ipake-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-05-03

Abstract:
   Although password authentication is the most widespread user
   authentication method today, cryptographic protocols for mutual
   authentication and key agreement, i.e., password authenticated key
   exchange (PAKE), in particular authenticated key exchange (AKE) based
   on a password only, are not actively used in the real world. This
   document introduces a quite novel form of PAKE protocols that employ
   a particular concept of ID-based encryption (IBE). The resulting
   cryptographic protocol is the ID-based password authenticated key
   exchange (I-PAKE) protocol which is a secure and efficient PAKE
   protocol in both soft- and hard-augmented models. I-PAKE achieves the
   security goals of AKE, PAKE, and hard-augmented PAKE. I-PAKE also
   achieves the great efficiency by allowing the whole pre-computation
   of the ephemeral Diffie-Hellman public keys by both server and
   client.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kwon-yoon-kim-ipake

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kwon-yoon-kim-ipake-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kwon-yoon-kim-ipake-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/