Subject: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 08:47:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : An Encoding Parameter for HTTP Basic Authentication
	Author(s)       : Julian F. Reschke
	Filename        : draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-05-08

Abstract:
   The "Basic" authentication scheme defined in RFC 2617 does not
   properly define how to treat non-ASCII characters.  This has lead to
   a situation where user agent implementations disagree, and servers
   make different assumptions based on the locales they are running in.
   There is little interoperability for the non-ASCII characters in the
   ISO-8859-1 character set, and even less interoperability for any
   characters beyond that.

   This document defines a backwards-compatible extension to "Basic",
   specifying the server's character encoding expectation, using a new
   authentication scheme parameter.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/