Subject: I-D Action: draft-farbryantrel-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 09:33:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Retiring TLVs from the Associated Channel Header of the MPLS Generic Associated Channel
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Stewart Bryant
	Filename        : draft-farbryantrel-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2013-05-07

Abstract:
   The MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) is a generalization of
   the applicability of the Pseudowire (PW) Associated Channel Header
   (ACH).  RFC 5586 defines the concept of Type-Length-Variable (TLV)
   constructs that can be carried in messages on the G-ACh by placing
   them in the ACH.

   No Associated Channel Type yet defined uses a TLV.  Furthermore, it
   is believed that handling TLVs in hardware introduces significant
   problems to the fast-path, and since G-ACh messages are intended to
   be processed substantially in hardware, the use of TLVs in
   undesirable.

   This document updates RFC 5586 by retiring ACH TLVs and removing the
   associated registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farbryantrel-mpls-retire-ach-tlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farbryantrel-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/