Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 12:15:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Router Advertisement based privacy extension in IPv6 autoconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Christoph Meinel
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-05-04

Abstract:
   Privacy is an important issue for many governments [eurolaw] and
   users where its importance becomes more evident every day. Nodes
   might change their IP addresses frequently in order to avoid being
   tracked by attackers and which also results in the prevention of
   information being leaked from their nodes. In IPv6 networks there is
   currently one solution for maintaining privacy for nodes when IPv6
   StateLess Address AutoConfiguration (SLAAC) (RFC 4662) is used.
   Unfortunately this solution, i.e., Privacy Extension (RFC 4941), has
   some problems, such as not generating a new Interface ID (IID) after
   changing the router prefix. The RFC also gives no explanation as to
   how to use CGA in its randomizing solution. The purpose of this
   document is to address these issues and to update the current RFC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/