Subject: I-D Action: draft-otis-spfbis-macros-nixed-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:24:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Macros Nixed by Major Providers
	Author(s)       : Douglas Otis
                          Dave Rand
	Filename        : draft-otis-spfbis-macros-nixed-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-05-28

Abstract:
   SPF is a popular tool for managing email blocking issues.  It has
   also helped reduce backscatter related with Non-Delivery
   Notifications as was intended.  A practically unused feature is the
   SPF macro capability that SPFbis still in part retains.  This feature
   greatly diminishes SPF's utility and actually threatens email
   interchange, especially when used in conjunction with secondary
   policy layers when also ignored by major providers.  The macro
   mechanism is also unable to cope with internationalization, and is
   found in virtually none of the published resource records.  It is
   counter productive to retain the largely unused and often unsupported
   macro feature, despite efforts expended to develop the macro
   language.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-otis-spfbis-macros-nixed

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-otis-spfbis-macros-nixed-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-otis-spfbis-macros-nixed-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/