Subject: I-D Action: draft-jennings-dispatch-rfc4474bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:22:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authenticated Identity Management in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Jon Peterson
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-jennings-dispatch-rfc4474bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2013-05-29

Abstract:
   The existing security mechanisms in the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) are inadequate for cryptographically assuring the identity of
   the end users that originate SIP requests, especially in an
   interdomain context.  This document defines a mechanism for securely
   identifying originators of SIP messages.  It does so by defining two
   new SIP header fields, Identity, for conveying a signature used for
   validating the identity, and Identity-Info, for conveying a reference
   to the certificate of the signer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-dispatch-rfc4474bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-dispatch-rfc4474bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/