Subject: I-D Action: draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 07:32:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Procedure for Cautious Delegation of a DNS Name
	Author(s)       : Olaf Kolkman
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-05-02

Abstract:
   Sometimes, a DNS name is known to be in use in the wild even though
   it was never properly delegated.  This situation appears
   particularly, but not only, true in certain domains near the root of
   the tree: people have independently used those non-existent top-level
   domains as private namespaces.  If those names are to be delegated in
   the public DNS, prudence demands that collisions between the private
   uses and the public use be minimized.  At the same time, the public
   use should not be prohibited on the grounds of what is, after all,
   "hijacking" of a name space.  We outline a procedure to minimize harm
   while permitting delegation to proceed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/