Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 07:58:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A General Framework of Source Address Validation and Traceback for IPv4/IPv6 Transition Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-05-07

Abstract:
   IP spoofing always is bothering us along with the Internet invention.
   With the rapid development of IPv6 next generation Internet, this
   issue is more prominent. Though many studies have made their
   contributions to the prevention of IP-spoofing, the most excellent
   one is the SAVI (Source Address Validation Improvement) proposal
   advocated by IETF, since it can prevent IP-spoofing from happening by
   automatically binding the key properties of hosts in layer2 access
   subnet. Nevertheless, till now, SAVI only focuses on the IPv6 stack
   and simple network access scenarios. To the best of our knowledge,
   there is no solution even has paid attention to IPv4/IPv6 transition
   scenarios. Given the fact that IPv4/IPv6 transition will continue to
   be adopted for a long period of time, this issue is becoming
   increasingly urgent. However, since transition schemes are plenty and
   diverse, hardly can an ordinary solution satisfy all the requirements
   of various transition scenarios. In this document, we present an
   improved general SAVI-based framework of IP source address validation
   and traceback for IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios. To achieve this
   goal, we extract essential and mutual properties from these
   transition schemes, and create sub-solutions for each property.
   Naturally, if one transition scheme is proposed by combining some
   properties, the corresponding sub-solutions would be included into
   its IP source address validation and traceback solution. Therefore,
   the advantage of this framework is its capability to adapt to all the
   transition schemes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-savi-transition-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/