Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:38:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Router Advertisement based privacy extension in IPv6 autoconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Christoph Meinel
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-05-02

Abstract:
   Privacy is an important issue for many governments and users where
   its importance becomes more evident every day. Nodes might change
   their IP addresses frequently in order to avoid being tracked by
   attackers and which also results in the prevention of information
   being leaked from their nodes. In IPv6 networks there is currently
   one solution for maintaining privacy for nodes when IPv6 StateLess
   Address AutoConfiguration (SLAAC) (RFC-4662) is used. Unfortunately
   this solution, i.e., Privacy Extension (RFC-4941), has some problems,
   such as not generating a new Interface ID (IID) after changing the
   router prefix. The RFC also gives no explanation as to how to use CGA
   in its randomizing solution. The purpose of this document is to
   address these issues and to update the current RFC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-6man-ra-privacy-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/