Subject: I-D Action: draft-yourtchenko-ipv6-disable-ipv4-proxyarp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 06:40:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Disable "Proxy ARP for Everything" on IPv4 link-local in the presence of IPv6 global address
	Author(s)       : Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Owen DeLong
	Filename        : draft-yourtchenko-ipv6-disable-ipv4-proxyarp-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2013-05-10

Abstract:
   rfc3927 defines the behavior "Proxy ARP for Everything" in case the
   only address present on the host is IPv4 link-local.  However, it
   does not specify anything about the presence or absence of IPv6
   global addressing.  This results in the hosts assuming it has both
   IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity in the scenario where the host itself is
   dualstack-enabled, but the network supplies only IPv6 configuration
   information.  Some implementations in this case may decide to use
   IPv4, which results in long connection delays.  This document
   proposes to avoid the "Proxy ARP for Everything" behavior if the host
   has been assigned an IPv6 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-ipv6-disable-ipv4-proxyarp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yourtchenko-ipv6-disable-ipv4-proxyarp-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/