Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-isis-label-advertisement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 14:36:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Advertising MPLS labels in IS-IS
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
                          Shane Amante
                          Tom Scholl
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-gredler-isis-label-advertisement-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-05-05

Abstract:
   Historically MPLS label distribution was driven by protocols like
   LDP, RSVP and LBGP.  All of those protocols are session oriented.  In
   order to obtain a label binding for a given destination FEC from a
   given router one needs first to establish an LDP/RSVP/LBGP session
   with that router.

   Advertising MPLS labels in IGPs advertisement
   [I-D.gredler-rtgwg-igp-label-advertisement] describes several use
   cases where utilizing the flooding machinery of link-state protocols
   for MPLS label distribution allows to obtain the binding without
   requiring to establish an LDP/RSVP/LBGP session with that router.

   This document describes the protocol extension to distribute MPLS
   labels by the IS-IS protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gredler-isis-label-advertisement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gredler-isis-label-advertisement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gredler-isis-label-advertisement-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/