Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 20:35:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Hybrid-MAC Model for CAPWAP
	Author(s)       : Chunju Shao
                          Hui Deng
                          Farooq Bari
                          Rong Zhang
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-05-08

Abstract:
   The CAPWAP protocol supports two modes of operation: Split and Local
   MAC (medium access control), which has been described in
   [RFC5415].There are many functions in IEEE 802l.11 MAC layer that
   have not yet been clearly defined whether they belong to either the
   WTP (Wireless Termination Points) or the AC (Access Controller)in the
   Split and Local modes.  Because different vendors have their own
   definition of these two models, depending upon the vendor many MAC
   layer functions continue to be mapped differently to either the WTP
   or AC.  If there is no clear definition of split MAC and local MAC,
   then operators will not only need to perform vendor specific
   configurations in their network but will continue to experience
   difficulty in interoperating WTPs and ACs from different vendors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/