Subject: I-D Action: draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 14:40:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Allocating and Retiring Special Purpose MPLS Labels
	Author(s)       : Kireeti Kompella
                          Loa Andersson
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-05-27

Abstract:
   Some MPLS labels have been allocated for specific purposes.  A block
   of labels (0-15) has been set aside to this end, and are commonly
   called "reserved labels".  They will be called "special purpose
   labels" in this document.  As there are only 16 of these labels,
   caution is needed in the allocation of new special purpose labels,
   yet at the same time allow forward progress when one is called for.
   This memo defines some procedures to follow in the allocation and
   retirement of special purpose labels, as well as a method to extend
   the special purpose label space.  Finally, this memo renames the IANA
   registry for these labels to "Special Purpose MPLS Label Values", and
   creates a new one called the "Extended Special Purpose MPLS Label
   Values" registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/