Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 10:20:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers Version 2 (ORCHIDv2)
	Author(s)       : Julien Laganier
                          Francis Dupont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-05-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies an updated Overlay Routable Cryptographic
   Hash Identifiers format that obsoletes the earlier format defined in
   [RFC4843].  These identifiers are intended to be used as endpoint
   identifiers at applications and Application Programming Interfaces
   (API) and not as identifiers for network location at the IP layer,
   i.e., locators.  They are designed to appear as application layer
   entities and at the existing IPv6 APIs, but they should not appear in
   actual IPv6 headers.  To make them more like regular IPv6 addresses,
   they are expected to be routable at an overlay level.  Consequently,
   while they are considered non-routable addresses from the IPv6 layer
   point-of-view, all existing IPv6 applications are expected to be able
   to use them in a manner compatible with current IPv6 addresses.

   The Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers originally
   defined in [RFC4843] lacked a mechanism for cryptographic algorithm
   agility.  The updated ORCHID format specified in this document
   removes this limitation by encoding in the identifier itself an index
   to the suite of cryptographic algorithms in use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/