Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 01:16:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Additional Data related to an Emergency Call
	Author(s)       : Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Roger Marshall
                          Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-09.txt
	Pages           : 81
	Date            : 2013-05-28

Abstract:
   When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP), the device that sends it, as well as any application service
   provider in the path of the call, or access network provider through
   which the call originated may have information about the call or the
   caller which the PSAP may be able to use.  This document describes
   data structures and a mechanism to convey such data to the PSAP.  The
   mechanism uses a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), which may point
   to either an external resource or an object in the body of the SIP
   message.  The mechanism thus allows the data to be passed by
   reference (when the URI points to an external resource) or by value
   (when it points into the body of the message).  This follows the
   tradition of prior emergency services standardization work where data
   can be conveyed by value within the call signaling (i.e., in body of
   the SIP message) and also by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/