Subject: I-D Action: draft-dang-turner-sha-512-224-256-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 04:13:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommended Usages of SHA-512/224, SHA-512/256
	Author(s)       : Quynh Dang
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-dang-turner-sha-512-224-256-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-05-23

Abstract:
   This document provides recommendations on the use of the secure hash
   functions SHA-512/224 and SHA-512/256 specified in FIPS 180. SHA-
   512/224 and SHA-512/256 are SHA-512-based and truncated to match the
   output size of SHA-224 and SHA-256. On 64-bit platforms, the SHA-512-
   truncated algorithms provide better performance than their comparably
   sized SHA-224 and SHA-256 variants.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dang-turner-sha-512-224-256

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dang-turner-sha-512-224-256-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/