Subject: I-D Action: draft-kurapati-dynamicrp-bgpmvpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:08:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Dynamic RP encodings in BGP based MVPNs
	Author(s)       : Pavan Kurapati
                          Marco Rodrigues
                          Kurt Windisch
                          Saud Asif
	Filename        : draft-kurapati-dynamicrp-bgpmvpn-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-05-23

Abstract:
   PIM Group-to-RP mappings are distributed dynamically using protocols
   such as BSR or Auto-RP.  The BGP-MVPN specification provides for this
   information to be encapsulated in an I-PMSI or S-PMSI provider tunnel
   between the PEs in an MVPN environment.  Since this is control
   information, it is desirable to signal this information in BGP
   between PEs, similar to carrying other customer control state such as
   C-Multicast routes.  This document specifies the mechanisms and
   procedures to carry bootstrap information via BGP to provide true
   control and data plane separation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kurapati-dynamicrp-bgpmvpn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kurapati-dynamicrp-bgpmvpn-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/