Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 23:24:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv6 for 3GPP Cellular Hosts
	Author(s)       : Jouni Korhonen
                          Jari Arkko
                          Teemu Savolainen
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-05-26

Abstract:
   As the deployment of third and fourth generation cellular networks
   progresses, a large number of cellular hosts are being connected to
   the Internet.  Standardization organizations have made Internet
   Protocol version 6 (IPv6) mandatory in their specifications.
   However, the concept of IPv6 covers many aspects and numerous
   specifications.  In addition, the characteristics of cellular links
   in terms of bandwidth, cost and delay put special requirements on how
   IPv6 is used.  This document considers IPv6 for cellular hosts that
   attach to the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Universal Mobile
   Telecommunications System (UMTS), or Evolved Packet System (EPS)
   networks (Hereafter collectively referred to as 3GPP networks).  This
   document also lists out specific IPv6 functionalities that need to be
   implemented in addition what is already prescribed in the IPv6 Node
   Requirements document.  It also discusses some issues related to the
   use of these components when operating in these networks.  This
   document obsoletes RFC 3316.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3316bis-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/