Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 06:52:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses
	Author(s)       : Stewart Bryant
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Mike Shand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-05-24

Abstract:
   This document presents an illustrative framework for providing fast
   reroute in an IP or MPLS network through encapsulation and forwarding
   to "not-via" addresses.  The general approach described uses a single
   level of encapsulation and could be used to protect unicast,
   multicast, and LDP traffic against link, router, and shared risk
   group failure, regardless of network topology and metrics.

   The mechanisms presented in this document are purely illustrative of
   the general approach and do not constitute a protocol specification.
   The document represents a snapshot of the work of the Routing Area
   Working Group at the time of publication and is published as a
   document of record.  Further work is needed before implementation or
   deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/