Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:01:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A method for Generating Stable Privacy-Enhanced Addresses with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-08.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-05-23

Abstract:
   This document specifies a method for generating IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers to be used with IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   (SLAAC), such that addresses configured using this method are stable
   within each subnet, but the Interface Identifier changes when hosts
   move from one network to another.  This method is meant to be an
   alternative to generating Interface Identifiers based on hardware
   address (e.g., using IEEE identifiers), such that the benefits of
   stable addresses can be achieved without sacrificing the privacy of
   users.  The method specified in this document applies to all prefixes
   a host may be employing, including link-local, global, and unique-
   local addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/