Subject: I-D Action: draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:02:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VPLS external Loop Protection Mechanism (VLPM)
	Author(s)       : Time Warner Cable
	Filename        : draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-05-02

Abstract:
    In reference and response to draft-boldy-l2vpn-vplsloop-req-01,
    this document describes a solution in the form of a protocol
    function named VPLS External Loop Protection Mechanism (VLPM).

    VLPM is a protocol for a service provider to deploy at the PE to
    detect layer-2 loops in any external layer-2 segments (customer LAN)
    where customer deployed loop prevention methods may have failed.

    After detection of such a loop it facilitates configurable actions
    to protect the rest of the VPLS Domain from being affected without
    the need for inter-operation with customer network protocols, other
    VPLS PEs or sites.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-l2vpn-vlpm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-l2vpn-vlpm-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/