Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 13:46:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Taxonomy of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-05-10

Abstract:
   In many SIP deployments, SIP entities exist in the SIP signaling path
   between the originating UAC and final terminating UAS, which go
   beyond the definition of a Proxy, performing functions not defined in
   standards-track RFCs.  The only term for such devices provided in
   [RFC3261] is for a Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA), which is defined
   as the logical concatenation of a User Agent Server (UAS) and User
   Agent Client (UAC).

   There are numerous types of SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs),
   performing different roles in different ways.  For Example IP-PBXs,
   SBCs and Application Servers.  This document identifies several
   common B2BUA roles, in order to provide taxonomy other documents can
   use and reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-taxonomy-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/