Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 18:21:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Port Management To Reduce Logging In Large-Scale NATs
	Author(s)       : Tina Tsou
                          Weibo Li
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-05-09

Abstract:
   Various IPv6 transition strategies require the introduction of large-
   scale NATs (e.g.  AFTR, NAT64) to share the limited supply of IPv4
   addresses available in the network until transition is complete.
   There has recently been debate over how to manage the sharing of
   ports between different subscribers sharing the same IPv4 address.
   One factor in the discussion is the operational requirement to log
   the assignment of transport addresses to subscribers.  It has been
   argued that dynamic assignment of individual ports between
   subscribers requires the generation of an excessive volume of logs.
   This document suggests a way to achieve dynamic port sharing while
   keeping log volumes low.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tsou-behave-natx4-log-reduction-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/