Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 12:25:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IMAP Extension for Conditional STORE Operation or Quick Flag Changes Resynchronization
	Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-05-14

Abstract:
   Often, multiple IMAP (RFC 3501) clients need to coordinate changes to
   a common IMAP mailbox.  Examples include different clients working on
   behalf of the same user, and multiple users accessing shared
   mailboxes.  These clients need a mechanism to synchronize state
   changes for messages within the mailbox.  They must be able to
   guarantee that only one client can change message state (e.g.,
   message flags) at any time.  An example of such an application is use
   of an IMAP mailbox as a message queue with multiple dequeueing
   clients.

   The Conditional Store facility provides a protected update mechanism
   for message state information that can detect and resolve conflicts
   between multiple writing mail clients.

   The Conditional Store facility also allows a client to quickly
   resynchronize mailbox flag changes.

   This document defines an extension to IMAP (RFC 3501).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-rfc4551-bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/