Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-savi-problem-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 02:41:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop
	Author(s)       : Jun Bi
                          Bingyang Liu
	Filename        : draft-bi-savi-problem-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-05-27

Abstract:
   IETF Source Address Validation Improvements (SAVI) working group is
   chartered for source address validation within the first hop from the
   end hosts, i.e. preventing a node from spoofing the IP source address
   of another node in the same IP link.  However, since SAVI requires
   the edge routers or switches to be upgraded, the deployment of SAVI
   will need a long time.  During this transition period, some source
   address validation techniques beyond the first hop (SAVI-BF) may be
   needed to complement SAVI and protect the networks from spoofing
   based attacks.  In this document, we first propose three desired
   features of the SAVI-BF techniques.  Then we analyze the problems of
   the current SAVI-BF technique, ingress filtering.  Finally, we
   discuss the directions that we can explore to improve SAVI-BF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-problem

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-savi-problem-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-savi-problem-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/