Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivov-rtcweb-noplan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:56:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : No Plan: Economical Use of the Offer/Answer Model in WebRTC Sessions with Multiple Media Sources
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
	Filename        : draft-ivov-rtcweb-noplan-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-05-29

Abstract:
   This document describes a model for the lightweight use of SDP Offer/
   Answer in WebRTC.  The goal is to minimize reliance on Offer/Answer
   exchanges in a WebRTC session and provide applications with the tools
   necessary to implement the signalling that they may need in a way
   that best fits their custom requirements and topologies.  This
   simplifies signalling of multiple media sources or providing RTP
   Synchronisation source (SSRC) identification in multi-party sessions.
   Another important goal of this model is to remove from clients
   topological constraints such as the requirement to know in advance
   all SSRC identifiers that they could potentially introduce in a
   particular session.

   This document does not question the use of SDP and the Offer/Answer
   model or the value they have in terms of interoperability with legacy
   or other non-WebRTC devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-rtcweb-noplan

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-rtcweb-noplan-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/