Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 19:34:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework for Semantic IPv6 Prefix
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Qiong Sun
                          Ian Farrer
                          Yang Bo
	Filename        : draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-05-27

Abstract:
   This document describes a framework method that network operations
   may use their addresses.  Network operators, who have large IPv6
   address space, may choose to embedded some semantics into IPv6
   addresses by assigning additional significance to specific bits
   within the prefix.  By embedded semantics into IPv6 prefixes, the
   semantics of packets can be inspected easily.  Routers and other
   intermediary devices can easily apply relevant policies as required.
   Packet-level differentiation can also enable flow-level and user-
   level differentiation.  Consequently, the network operators can
   accordingly treat network packets differently and efficiently.  The
   management and maintenance of networks can be much simpler.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/