Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:45:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommended Usage of IPv6 PDM Option
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Keven Haining
                          Sigfrido Perdomo
                          William Jouris
                          David Boyes
	Filename        : draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-05-30

Abstract:
   For a number of Enterprise Data Center Operators (EDCO) both real-
   time and after the fact problem resolution is critical.  Two metrics
   are critical for timely end-to-end problem resolution, without
   impacting an operational production network. They are: packet
   sequence number and packet timestamp. Packet sequence number is
   required for diagnostics. Packet timestamp is required to calculate
   end-to-end response time. Current methods are inadequate for these
   purposes because they assume unreasonable access to intermediate
   devices, are cost prohibitive, require infeasible changes to a
   running production network, or do not provide timely data. This
   document details the recommended usage for the IPv6 Performance and
   Diagnostic Metrics Destination Option (PDM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/