Subject: I-D Action: draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-lustre-layout-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 13:30:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Lustre Layout Operations
	Author(s)       : Sorin Faibish
                          Peng Tao
	Filename        : draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-lustre-layout-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-05-03

Abstract:
   Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File System version 4.1(NFSv4.1)
   to allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by
   the NFSv4.1 server. This ability to bypass the server for data
   access can increase both performance and parallelism, but requires
   additional client functionality for data access, some of which is
   dependent on the class of storage used, a.k.a. the Layout Type. The
   main pNFS operations and data types in NFSv4 Minor version 1 specify
   a layout-type-independent layer; layout-type-specific information is
   conveyed using opaque data structures whose internal structure is
   further defined by the particular layout type specification. This
   document specifies the NFSv4.1 Lustre pNFS Layout Type as a
   companion to the main NFSv4 Minor version 1 specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-lustre-layout

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-lustre-layout-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-faibish-nfsv4-pnfs-lustre-layout-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/