Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:19:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RSVP Setup Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Yuji Kamite
                          Eric Osborne
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-06-28

Abstract:
   RFC 4090 specifies an RSVP facility-backup fast reroute mechanism for
   protecting LSPs against link and node failures.  This document
   extends the mechanism to provide so-called "setup protection" for
   LSPs during their initial Path message signaling time.  In
   particular, it enables a router to reroute an LSP via an existing
   bypass LSP, when there is a failure of the immediate downstream link
   or node along the desired path.  Therefore, it can be used to avoid
   LSP signaling failure and reduce setup time in such kind of
   situation, and allow an LSP to be established temporarily over a
   bypass LSP when an alternative path can only be resolved at a much
   later time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-rsvp-setup-protection-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/