Subject: I-D Action: draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 04:09:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ICN Baseline Scenarios and Evaluation Methodology
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Dorothy Gellert
                          Priya Mahadevan
                          Spiros Spyrou
                          Antonella Molinaro
	Filename        : draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-03.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2013-06-18

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about
   potential experimental setups where different information-centric
   networking (ICN) approaches can be tested and compared against each
   other while showcasing their advantages.  Towards this end, we review
   the ICN literature and document scenarios which have been considered
   in previous performance evaluation studies.  The scenarios presented
   aim to exercise a variety of aspects that an ICN solution can
   address. On the one hand, we consider general aspects, such as,
   network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased scalability and
   reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching performance,
   real-time communication efficacy, energy consumption frugality, and
   disruption and delay tolerance. On the other hand, we focus on ICN-
   specific aspects, such as information security and trust,
   persistence, availability, provenance, and location independence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/