Subject: I-D Action: draft-iyengar-minion-concept-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 23:50:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Minion - Service Model and Conceptual API
	Author(s)       : Janardhan Iyengar
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          Josh Graessley
	Filename        : draft-iyengar-minion-concept-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-06-30

Abstract:
   Minion uses TCP-format packets on-the-wire, to provide full
   compatibility with existing NATs, Firewalls, and similar middleboxes,
   but provides a richer set of facilities to the application.  Minion's
   richer facilities include a message-oriented API rather than TCP's
   unstructured byte-stream service model, multiplexing of multiple
   messages (or message streams) on a single connection, interleaving of
   multiplexed messages (to eliminate head-of-line blocking), message
   cancellation, request/reply support, ordered and unordered messages,
   chained messages, multiple priority levels with byte-granularity
   preemption, and DTLS Security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iyengar-minion-concept

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iyengar-minion-concept-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/