Subject: I-D Action: draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:44:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCE-Initiated Traffic Engineering Path Setup in Segment Routed Networks
	Author(s)       : Siva Sivabalan
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Jan Medved
                          Edward Crabbe
                          Robert Raszuk
	Filename        : draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-06-19

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) enables any head-end node to select any path
   without relying on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or
   RSVP-TE).  It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by Link-
   State Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs).  A Segment Routed Path can
   be derived from a variety of mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest
   Path Tree (SPT), explicit configuration, or a stateful Path
   Computation Element (PCE).  This document specifies extensions to the
   Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) that allow a stateful PCE to
   signal and instantiate Traffic Engineering paths in SR networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/