Subject: I-D Action: draft-renwei-mpls-bgp-big-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:07:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Carrying Big Labels in BGP-4
	Author(s)       : Renwei Li
                          Lin Han
	Filename        : draft-renwei-mpls-bgp-big-label-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-06-30

Abstract:
   When BGP is used to distribute a particular route, it can also be
   used to distribute an MPLS label which is mapped to that route.  In
   some cases, for example, when L3VPN is used to access and connect to
   virtual networks in data centers, there may be 16 millions of VPN
   instances on a router.  In order to map MPLS labels to VPN instances,
   big labels are required.  This document specifies the method to carry
   and distribute such big labels by piggybacking the big label mapping
   information for an IP route in the BGP Update message that is used to
   distribute the route itself.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-renwei-mpls-bgp-big-label

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-renwei-mpls-bgp-big-label-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/