Subject: I-D Action: draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 07:34:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Loop Free RPL
	Author(s)       : Jianlin Guo
                          Philip Orlik
	Filename        : draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-06-26

Abstract:
   The IETF has developed the IPv6 based standards for Low-power and
   Lossy Networks (LLNs) to meet requirements of constrained
   applications, such as field monitoring, inventory control and so on.
   The IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL) was published as [RFC6550]
   in March 2012. Based on routing metrics and constraints [RFC6551],
   RPL builds Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) topology to establish
   bidirectional routes for LLNs for traffic types of multipoint-to-
   point, point-to-multipoint, and point-to-point. RPL routes are
   optimized for traffic to or from one or more roots that act as sinks.
   As a result, a DAG is partitioned into one or more Destination
   Oriented DAGs (DODAGs), one DODAG per sink. RPL is widely considered
   as a feasible routing protocol for LLNs. However, DODAG loops and
   lack of a loop free DODAG local repair mechanism are two open issues
   to be addressed. This draft introduces an alternative rank and an
   Objective Function to eliminate DODAG loops in RPL. Based on the
   proposed rank and Objective Function, this draft introduces a loop
   free RPL.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-guo-roll-loop-free-rpl-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/