Subject: I-D Action: draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:36:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Service Chaining Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Jim Guichard
                          Surendra Kumar
                          Paul Quinn
                          Michael Smith
                          Navindra Yadav
	Filename        : draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-06-13

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of the issues associated with the
   deployment of network services (such as firewalls, load balancers) in
   large-scale environments.  The term service chaining is used to
   describe the deployment of such services, and the ability of a
   network operator to specify an ordered list of services that should
   be applied to a deterministic set of traffic flows.  Such service
   chains require integration of service policy alongside the deployment
   of applications, while maintaining optimal use of available network
   capacity and resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/