Subject: I-D Action: draft-weinstein-bbn-pim-dm-large-lan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:07:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM-DM Optimizations for Large LANs
	Author(s)       : Joseph Weinstein
                          Joseph Keller
	Filename        : draft-weinstein-bbn-pim-dm-large-lan-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-06-04

Abstract:
   Optimizations to the PIM-DM protocol [RFC3973] are proposed that
   dramatically reduce the PIM-DM routing overhead on local area
   networks containing large numbers of PIM routers.  These
   optimizations reduce the likelihood of two or more routers emitting
   redundant JOIN or PRUNE messages onto the same LAN.  While these
   optimizations are of general applicability to large LANs, they were
   motivated in particular by performance requirements for supporting
   PIM-DM across LANs emulated by IP tunneling over large wireless
   MANETs.

   PIM-DM routers supporting these optimizations will interoperate with
   standard PIM-DM as defined in RFC 3973, even on the same LAN.
   However, to obtain maximum benefit from these optimizations, all
   PIM-DM routers on the LAN SHOULD support them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weinstein-bbn-pim-dm-large-lan

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-weinstein-bbn-pim-dm-large-lan-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/