Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 19:18:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Group Authentication
	Author(s)       : Judy Zhu
                          Minpeng Qi
                          Ye Tian
	Filename        : draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-06-23

Abstract:
   The group communication is designed for the communication of Internet
   of Things. A threat is identified in [I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm] that
   current DTLS based approach is unicast oriented and there is no
   supporting on group authentication feature. Unicast oriented
   authentication will causing serious burden when a large number of
   terminal nodes will be involved inevitably. In another aspect, some
   terminals will own the same characteristics, such as owning same
   features, in the same place, working in the same time, etc. With this
   mechanism, all terminals can be authenticated together with little
   signaling and calculation at the same time. It will reduce the
   network burden and save time. This draft describes the security of
   group authentication and an group authentication implementation
   method for the Internet of things.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-core-groupauth

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/