Subject: I-D Action: draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:32:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake 3rd
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-06-28

Abstract:
   RBridges provide provide end-station services to their attached end
   stations.  To avoid potential frame duplication and loops, the rule
   that only one edge RBridge is allowed to be the frame forwarder of a
   VLAN on a shared LAN segment is employed by base TRILL protocol, even
   though there are multiple RBridges attached to that segment.
   However, in some application scenarios, for example an end station is
   multi-homed to multiple RBridges, there is a need to improve the
   resiliency and increase the available network bandwidth of the
   connection.  This means all those RBriges attached to the end station
   can act as the frame forwarders of a specific VLAN.  This kind of
   active-active connection violates the above rule.  The violation may
   bring some additional problems, such as the flip-flopping of the
   nickname-MAC correspondences for such end stations in remote
   RBridges' forwarding tables, frame dropping because of failure of
   Reverse Path Forwarding Check(RPF Check) on RBridges, etc.  The RPF
   Check problem has been addressed in [CMT].  This document proposes
   the concept of Virtual RBridge, along with the pseudo-nickname
   configuration for this Virtual RBridge, to address the above problems
   in accompany with [CMT].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/