Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ipsecme-seq-icv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:37:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPsec sequence number integrity check value
	Author(s)       : Jifei Song
                          Tina Tsou
                          Vishwas Manral
	Filename        : draft-song-ipsecme-seq-icv-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-06-27

Abstract:
   This document specifies an IPsec AH and ESP sequence number
   validation scheme, which is complementary to the existing ICV
   mechanism and anti-replay mechanism of AH and ESP in defense against
   DOS attack.  It is an optional feature negotiable through IKE, for
   this feature to be negotiated, both sender and receiver must
   implement it.  If any party doesn't support it, then this feature
   should be excluded from negotiation.  The rationale for such a scheme
   is discussed first; then requirements and guidelines for design of
   the scheme are laid out.  There can be various ways to implement the
   scheme, some reference designs are discussed to set the base for
   effort of identifying best practice and eventually establishing a
   standard on the subject.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ipsecme-seq-icv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ipsecme-seq-icv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/