Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-mhn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:55:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multi-homed network in EVPN
	Author(s)       : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Pei Xu
	Filename        : draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-mhn-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-06-17

Abstract:
   To enhance the reliability, bridged network is normally multi-homed
   to an EVPN network, there are two categories of mechanisms to avoid
   the layer 2 traffic loop. The first category does not require the PEs
   participating in the control protocol of the bridged network, while
   the second category requires that. [EVPN] described one of the first
   category mechanisms called  designated forwarder (DF) election to
   achieve loop avoidance and vlan-based load balancing. This draft
   mainly focuses on the second category of mechanisms which can achieve
   intra-vlan MAC-based load balancing. MAC-based VLAN balancing is more
   applicable than DF election mechanism if all end stations in bridged
   network are on the same VLAN which can cause traffic congestion in DF
   link.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-mhn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-mhn-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/