Subject: I-D Action: draft-thaler-iab-host-firewalls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 08:16:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Reflections On Host Firewalls
	Author(s)       : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-thaler-iab-host-firewalls-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-06-03

Abstract:
   In today's Internet, the need for firewalls is generally accepted in
   the industry and indeed firewalls are widely deployed in practice.
   Often the result is that software may be running and potentially
   consuming resources, but then communication is blocked by a firewall.
   It's taken for granted that this end state is either desirable or the
   best that can be achieved in practice, rather than (for example) an
   end state where the relevant software is not running or is running in
   a way that would not result in unwanted communication.  In this
   document, we explore the issues behind these assumptions and provide
   suggestions on improving the architecture going forward.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-iab-host-firewalls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thaler-iab-host-firewalls-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/