Subject: I-D Action: draft-renwei-mpls-big-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:24:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Encoding of Big Labels in MPLS Label Stacks
	Author(s)       : Renwei Li
                          Ming Li
	Filename        : draft-renwei-mpls-big-label-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-06-30

Abstract:
   This document specifies encoding and encapsulation methods for MPLS
   big labels.  Big labels are required for accessing virtual networks
   in data centers by using, for example, BGP/MPLS IP VPNs.  Data center
   virtualization encapsulation methods and protocols such as VXLAN,
   NVGRE and NVO3 are being standardized to support a few millions of
   virtual networks, but the currently label format can support up to
   one million of labels.  When the BGP/MPLS IP VPN method, for example,
   is used by an enterprise/customer to access its corresponding virtual
   networks, more than one million of labels are required to map VPN
   labels and Virtual Network Identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-renwei-mpls-big-label

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-renwei-mpls-big-label-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/