Subject: I-D Action: draft-detti-conet-ip-option-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:00:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IP protocol suite extensions to support CONET Information Centric Networking
	Author(s)       : Andrea Detti
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Nicola Blefari-Melazzi
	Filename        : draft-detti-conet-ip-option-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-06-20

Abstract:
   The Information Centric Networking (ICN) paradigm shifts the focus of
   networking from providing connections between hosts to efficiently
   providing content to the users.  The work on ICN has traditionally
   been performed looking at "clean-slate" solutions which aims to
   replace IP with a new paradigm.  On the other hand, in this memo we
   propose an "integration" approach to Information Centric Networking,
   i.e. we extend the IP protocol suite by defining a new IP Protocol
   type (CONET).  Then we propose two ways of carring ICN related
   information in IP packets, one uses a new IP Option (both for IPv4
   and IPv6), the other one only relies on the IP payload.  The ICN
   related information is used by network nodes and end nodes to support
   networking based on content rather than (or better in addition to)
   end-point addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-detti-conet-ip-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-detti-conet-ip-option-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-detti-conet-ip-option-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/