Subject: I-D Action: draft-alimi-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:07:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DECADE: DECoupled Application Data Enroute
	Author(s)       : Richard Alimi
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Dirk Kutscher
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Haibin Song
                          Kostas Pentikousis
	Filename        : draft-alimi-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-06-10

Abstract:
   Content distribution applications, such as those those employing
   peer-to-peer (P2P) technologies, are widely used on the Internet and
   make up a large portion of the traffic in many networks.  Often,
   however, content distribution applications use network resources in a
   counter-productive manner.  One way to improve efficiency is to
   introduce storage capabilities within the network and enable
   cooperation between end-host and in-network content distribution
   mechanisms.  This is the capability provided by a DECADE-compatible
   system, which is introduced in this document.  DECADE enables
   applications to take advantage of in-network storage when
   distributing data objects as opposed to using solely end-to-end
   resources.  This document presents the underlying principles and key
   functionalities of such a system and illustrates operation through a
   set of examples.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-alimi-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-alimi-protocol-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-alimi-protocol-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/