Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:47:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Retiring TLVs from the Associated Channel Header of the MPLS Generic Associated Channel
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Stewart Bryant
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-02.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2013-06-28

Abstract:
   The MPLS Generic Associated Channel (G-ACh) is a generalization of
   the applicability of the Pseudowire (PW) Associated Channel Header
   (ACH).  RFC 5586 defines the concept of TLV constructs that can be
   carried in messages on the G-ACh by placing them in the ACH between
   the fixed header fields and the G-ACh message.  These TLVs are called
   ACH TLVs

   No Associated Channel Type yet defined uses an ACH TLV.  Furthermore,
   it is believed that handling TLVs in hardware introduces significant
   problems to the fast-path, and since G-ACh messages are intended to
   be processed substantially in hardware, the use of ACH TLVs is
   undesirable.

   This document updates RFC 5586 by retiring ACH TLVs and removing the
   associated registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-retire-ach-tlv-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/