Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:04:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to VPLS PE model for Provider Backbone Bridging
	Author(s)       : Florin Balus
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Nabil Bitar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-06-13

Abstract:
   IEEE 802.1 Provider Backbone Bridges (PBB) [IEEE.802.1Q-2011] defines
   an architecture and bridge protocols for interconnection of multiple
   Provider Bridge Networks (PBNs). PBB was defined in IEEE as a
   connectionless technology based on multipoint VLAN tunnels.  PBB can
   be used to attain better scalability in terms of number of customer
   MAC addresses and number of service instances that can be supported.

   Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) [RFC4664] provides a framework for
   extending Ethernet LAN services, using MPLS tunneling capabilities,
   through a routed MPLS backbone without running RSTP or MSTP across
   the backbone. As a result, VPLS has been deployed on a large scale in
   service provider networks.

   This draft discusses extensions to the VPLS Provider Edge (PE) model
   required to incorporate desirable PBB components while maintaining
   the Service Provider fit of the initial model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-pbb-vpls-pe-model-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/