Subject: I-D Action: draft-oualha-mikey-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:32:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extending Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) protocol for use in constrained networks
	Author(s)       : Nouha Oualha
                          Mounir Kellil
                          Christophe Janneteau
	Filename        : draft-oualha-mikey-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-06-24

Abstract:
   The Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) protocol is a key management
   standard defined in RFC 3830 for streaming and real-time
   applications. In these applications, the MIKEY protocol may be used
   to provide group key management. With the base protocol, the change
   of one group member triggers the unicast transmission of a new group
   key to all members. In the context of an application delivering
   multicast streams to end-users located at multiple capillary
   networks, the key update messages may scale in proportion to the
   number of nodes; thus creating a substantial overhead. This I-D
   proposes an extension to the MIKEY protocol allowing the management
   of the group as a set of clusters, but with fewer changes to the RFC
   3830 standard. Clustering helps in reducing the communication
   overhead produced during key update by using unicast mode only with
   nodes that belong to clusters where group membership changes

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oualha-mikey-ext

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oualha-mikey-ext-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/