Subject: I-D Action: draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 07:51:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Certificate based keying scheme for DTLS secured IoT
	Author(s)       : Pawani Porambage
                          Pradeep Kumar
                          Andrei Gurtov
                          Mika Ylianttila
                          Erkki Harjula
	Filename        : draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-06-22

Abstract:
   The IP-based Internet of Things (IoT) stands for the universal
   interconnection of smart objects and back end users with the help of
   IP protocols.  Secure key management among the smart objects is an
   important aspect of IoT security.  Due to the high levels of resource
   constraints of the devices in terms of memory, battery capacity and
   CPU power, and other network characteristics such as mobility,
   scalability, heterogeneity and limited bandwidth, the conventional
   security protocols cannot be directly deployed in IoT networks in
   their raw formats.  We propose a lightweight DTLS-based keying
   mechanism for CoAP IoT smart objects which supports the scalability
   of the network and node mobility.  The protocol consumes less device
   resources and minimum network bandwidth by incurring low message
   overhead.  The smart objects can securely access the network and
   obtain certificates after an initial configuration irrespective of
   the manufacturer standards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pporamba-dtls-certkey-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/