Subject: I-D Action: draft-masum-chari-i2rs-netservices-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 04:25:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Programmatic Interfaces to On-demand Network Services
	Author(s)       : Masum Z. Hasan
                          Abdelhadi Chari
                          David Fahed
                          Monique Morrow
	Filename        : draft-masum-chari-i2rs-netservices-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-06-07

Abstract:
   One of the major features or requirements of Cloud is on-demand CRUD
   (Create / Read / Update / Delete) of Cloud resources or associated
   resources.  The on-demand feature dictates that resources are CRUD in
   a time-frame in the order of seconds or few minutes since the arrival
   of the resource CRUD request.  Many network resources cannot be CRUD
   in that time-frame.  With the support of programmable networking (or
   SDN) in the model of I2RS will facilitate programming of network
   resources rapidly, thus facilitating CRUD of Cloud or related network
   resources on-demand.  Network resources associated with many network
   services can be either a Cloud resource or directly associated with a
   Cloud resource.  These resources should be CRUD on-demand in Cloud
   timescale.  In this draft, employing Hybrid (virtual) Cloud as a use
   case and using I2RS as the "model", we will define few requirements
   for programmable on-demand interfaces to network services or I2NS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-masum-chari-i2rs-netservices

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masum-chari-i2rs-netservices-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/