Subject: I-D Action: draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:36:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Procedure for Cautious Delegation of a DNS Name
	Author(s)       : Olaf Kolkman
                          Andrew Sullivan
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-06-26

Abstract:
   Sometimes, a DNS name is known to be in use in the wild even though
   it was never properly delegated.  This situation appears
   particularly, but not only, true in certain domains near the root of
   the tree: people have independently used those non-existent top-level
   domains as private namespaces.  If those names are to be delegated in
   the public DNS, prudence dictates that collisions between the private
   uses and the public use be minimized.  We outline a procedure to
   evaluate the harm of delegation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/