Subject: I-D Action: draft-hunt-dns-server-diagnostics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:31:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The DNS Extended Server Diagnostics (ESD) Option
	Author(s)       : Evan Hunt
	Filename        : draft-hunt-dns-server-diagnostics-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-31

Abstract:
   The widespread adoption of DNSSEC implies more frequent DNSSEC
   failures.  Unfortunately, DNSSEC's failure mode is largely opaque to
   the client: when validation fails, the only signal that the clients
   of a validating resolver receive is an empty response with a SERVFAIL
   response code.  This note proposes a protocol extension to allow
   SERVFAIL responses to include additional diagnostic information,
   giving the client greater insight into what went wrong and a better
   chance of delivering useful problem reports to DNS operators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hunt-dns-server-diagnostics

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hunt-dns-server-diagnostics-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/