Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 02:04:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) Callback
	Author(s)       : Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Christer Holmberg
                          Milan Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-13

Abstract:
   After an emergency call is completed (either prematurely terminated
   by the emergency caller or normally by the call taker) it is possible
   that the call taker feels the need for further communication.  For
   example, the call may have been dropped by accident without the call
   taker having sufficient information about the current situation of a
   wounded person.  A call taker may trigger a callback towards the
   emergency caller using the contact information provided with the
   initial emergency call.  This callback could, under certain
   circumstances, be treated like any other call and as a consequence it
   may get blocked by authorization policies or may get forwarded to an
   answering machine.

   The IETF emergency services architecture specification already offers
   a solution approach for allowing PSAP callbacks to bypass
   authorization policies to reach the caller without unnecessary
   delays.  Unfortunately, the specified mechanism only supports limited
   scenarios.  This document discusses shortcomings of the current
   mechanisms and illustrates additional scenarios where better-than-
   normal call treatment behavior would be desirable.  A solution based
   on a new header field value, called "psap-callback", for the SIP
   Priority header field is specified to accomplish the PSAP callback
   marking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/