Subject: I-D Action: draft-xue-opsawg-capwap-separation-capability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:58:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Capability Announcement and AR Discovery in CAPWAP Control and Data Channel Separation
	Author(s)       : Li Xue
                          Zongpeng Du
                          Dapeng Liu
                          Rong Zhang
                          John Kaippallimalil
	Filename        : draft-xue-opsawg-capwap-separation-capability-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   In a centralized IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
   architecture, the Access Controller (AC) does not have the
   intelligence to aggregate all the wireless frames. In addition,
   increasing amounts of traffic handled by each access point would
   require even more processing at an AC.  Thus it is normal in an
   existing operator's network for the WTPs to forward the wireless
   frames directly to AR to avoid overloading the AC.  In this scenario,
   CAPWAP Control Channel and CAPWAP Data Channel are separated from
   each other.  This document provides extensions to CAPWAP for the
   split scenario where CAPWAP Control and Data Channel are separated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xue-opsawg-capwap-separation-capability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xue-opsawg-capwap-separation-capability-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/