Subject: I-D Action: draft-bgp-path-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:44:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : BGP Path Marking
	Author(s)       : Camilo Cardona
                          Pierre Francois
                          Saikat Ray
                          Keyur Patel
                          Paolo Lucente
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-bgp-path-marking-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-07-10

Abstract:
   The potential advertisement of non-best paths by a BGP speaker
   supporting the add-path or the best-external extensions makes it
   difficult for other BGP speakers to identify the paths that have been
   selected as best by those who advertise them.  This information is
   required for proper operation of some applications.  Towards that
   end, this document proposes marking the paths using extended
   communities that encode the path type.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bgp-path-marking

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bgp-path-marking-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/