Subject: I-D Action: draft-choukir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-encoding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:41:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Protocol Independent Encoding for Signaling Flow Characteristics
	Author(s)       : Toerless Eckert
                          Anca Zamfir
                          Amine Choukir
                          Charles Eckel
	Filename        : draft-choukir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-encoding-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol independent encoding for flow
   characteristics (a.k.a. metadata).  A flow is defined as a set of IP
   packets passing through a network in a given direction.  All packets
   belonging to a particular flow have a set of common properties (e.g.
   IP, port, transport).  Flow metadata exposes key characteristics of
   the flow such as the originating application, the type of media in
   use (e.g.  audio, video) and others as defined in
   [I-D.eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework].  The flow
   characteristics are expressed in terms of information elements.
   These information elements are signaled either out of band or in band
   but always along the same path of the flow associated with the
   application.

   [I-D.eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework] defines the overall
   framework for flow metadata and the definition of the flow
   characteristics, whereas this document captures the encoding of these
   characteristics.  The mapping of flow metadata encoding to different
   signaling protocols is outside the scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-choukir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-encoding

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-choukir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-encoding-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-choukir-tsvwg-flow-metadata-encoding-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/