Subject: I-D Action: draft-varga-netconf-exi-capability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:11:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Efficient XML Interchange Capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : Robert Varga
	Filename        : draft-varga-netconf-exi-capability-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-07-10

Abstract:
   The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to
   install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of network devices
   via exchange of XML messages in textual representation.  Efficient
   XML Interchange (EXI) is a W3C-recommended binary representation of
   XML Information Set, which is more efficient from both CPU and
   bandwidth utilization perspective.  This document defines a
   capability-based extension to the NETCONF protocol that allows peers
   to agree to exchange protocol messages using EXI encoding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-varga-netconf-exi-capability

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varga-netconf-exi-capability-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/