Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:04:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Radia Perlman
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) IS-IS application sub-TLV that enables the reporting by a
   TRILL switch sets of addresses such that all of the addresses in each
   set designate the same interface (port). For example, an EUI-48 MAC
   (Extended Unique Identifier 48-bit, Media Access Control) address,
   IPv4 address, and IPv6 address can be reported as all corresponding
   to the same interface. Such information could be used, for example,
   to synthesize responses to or by-pass the need for the Address
   Resolution Protocol (ARP), the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol,
   of the flooding of unknown MAC addresses, in some cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/