Subject: I-D Action: draft-unicorn-httpbis-http2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:19:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2.0
	Author(s)       : Mike Belshe
                          Roberto Peon
                          Martin Thomson
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-unicorn-httpbis-http2-01.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2013-07-03

Abstract:
   This specification describes an optimized expression of the syntax of
   the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  The HTTP/2.0 encapsulation
   enables more efficient use of network resources and reduced
   perception of latency by allowing header field compression and
   multiple concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also
   introduces unsolicited push of representations from servers to
   clients.

   This document is an alternative to, but does not obsolete the
   HTTP/1.1 message format or protocol.  HTTP's existing semantics
   remain unchanged.

   This version of the draft has been marked for implementation.
   Interoperability testing will occur in the HTTP/2.0 interim in
   Hamburg, DE, starting 2013-08-05.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-unicorn-httpbis-http2

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-unicorn-httpbis-http2-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-unicorn-httpbis-http2-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/