Subject: I-D Action: draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:53:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing
	Author(s)       : Siva Sivabalan
                          Jan Medved
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Edward Crabbe
                          Robert Raszuk
	Filename        : draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-07-12

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) enables any head-end node to select any path
   without relying on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or
   RSVP-TE).  It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by Link-
   State Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs).  A Segment Routed Path can
   be derived from a variety of mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest
   Path Tree (SPT), explicit configuration, or a Path Computation
   Element (PCE).  This document specifies extensions to the Path
   Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) that allow a stateful PCE to
   compute and instantiate Traffic Engineering paths, as well as a PCC
   to request a path subject to certain constraint(s) and optimization
   criteria in SR networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/