Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:02:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Ethernet VPN (EVPN)
	Author(s)       : Ali Sajassi
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Aldrin Isaac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   The widespread adoption of Ethernet L2VPN services and the advent of
   new applications for the technology (e.g., data center interconnect)
   have culminated in a new set of requirements that are not readily
   addressable by the current Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   solution. In particular, multi-homing with all-active forwarding is
   not supported and there's no existing solution to leverage
   Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP) LSPs for optimizing the delivery of
   multi-destination frames. Furthermore, the provisioning of VPLS, even
   in the context of BGP-based auto-discovery, requires network
   operators to specify various network parameters on top of the access
   configuration. This document specifies the requirements for an
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) solution which addresses the above issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-evpn-req-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/