Subject: I-D Action: draft-morin-multicast-damping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:42:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multicast state damping
	Author(s)       : Thomas Morin
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang
                          Robert Kebler
	Filename        : draft-morin-multicast-damping-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures to damp multicast routing state
   changes and prevent the churn due to the multicast dynamicity at the
   edge of a network.  The procedures described in this document help
   avoid uncontrolled control plane load increase on the core routing
   infrastructure.  New procedures are proposed inspired from BGP
   unicast route damping principles, but adapted to multicast.  They
   cover multicast and multicast in VPNs contexts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-morin-multicast-damping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morin-multicast-damping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/