Subject: I-D Action: draft-joshi-pim-ecmp-neighbor-select-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 07:44:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM neighbor selection with ECMP routes
	Author(s)       : Bharat Joshi
                          Jithesh Kaveetil
	Filename        : draft-joshi-pim-ecmp-neighbor-select-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   A Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) router uses local forwarding
   table to select the upstream PIM neighbor towards the source or
   Rendezvous Point (RP).  A router need to choose one upstream PIM
   neighbor from the list of PIM neighbors if the route for a source or
   RP is an Equal Cost Multipath (ECMP) route.  Currently PIM routers
   use vendor specific algorithm to choose one neighbor.  This may lead
   to unnecessary wastage of network resources.  This draft first
   explains the need for a standard algorithm to select a PIM neighbor
   with ECMP route and then suggest such an algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-joshi-pim-ecmp-neighbor-select

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-joshi-pim-ecmp-neighbor-select-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/