Subject: I-D Action: draft-martinsen-mmusic-malice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 05:24:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Meta-data Attribute signaLling with ICE
	Author(s)       : Reinaldo Penno
                          Paal-Erik Martinsen
                          Dan Wing
                          Anca Zamfir
	Filename        : draft-martinsen-mmusic-malice-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-07-02

Abstract:
   It can be useful for applications to provide flow metadata
   information to on-path devices to influence flow treatment in the
   network.  Provided that the network is able to provide useful
   feedback, this can also influence path selection if an application
   have multiple flow paths to choose from.

   This draft describes how this can be achieved by adding metadata to
   the STUN packets sent during the ICE connectivity checks or a
   slightly modified version of the keep-alive mechanism.  Devices on
   the media path can use the metadata information to prioritize the
   flow, perform traffic engineering, or provide network analytics and
   notifications as requested by the endpoints.  On-path devices can
   append or modify the existing metadata information in the STUN/ICE
   messages to enable feedback to other on-path devices or the
   applications in both ends of the media session.

   This document describes a framework mechanism for how such metadata
   can be transported by STUN when ICE is in use and it covers the
   endpoint and on path device processing.  The functionality described
   here is referred to as MALICE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-martinsen-mmusic-malice

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martinsen-mmusic-malice-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/