Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:57:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for FTP Clients and Servers in the IPv6/IPv4 Transition Scenario
	Author(s)       : Dapeng Liu
                          Iljitsch van Beijnum
                          Hui Deng
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   The File transfer protocol, which was originally defined in RFC 114
   and published in 1971, well before TCP and IP were created.  However,
   it is still in wide use.  Many FTP servers implement RFC 959, which
   requires IPv4.  RFC 2428 defines extensions that allow FTP to work
   over IPv6 by introducing the EPRT and EPSV commands.  When IPv6 FTP
   clients attempt to communicate with IPv4 FTP servers through an
   IPv6-IPv4 translator, only certain combinations of FTP client and
   server behavior lead to successful file transfers.  This document
   proposes the best current practice for IPv6 FTP client
   implementations in the IPv6-IPv4 translation scenario, allowing file
   transfers to succeed without the presence of an ALG (Application
   Layer Gateway).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-ftpext2-ftp64-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/