Subject: I-D Action: draft-gellens-mmusic-negotiating-human-language-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 15:39:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Negotiating Human Language Using SDP
	Author(s)       : Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-gellens-mmusic-negotiating-human-language-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-07-07

Abstract:
   Users have various human (natural) language needs, abilities, and
   preferences regarding spoken, written, and signed languages.  When
   establishing interactive communication "calls" there needs to be a
   way to communicate and ideally match (i.e., negotiate) the caller's
   language preferences with the capabilities of the called party.  This
   is especially important with emergency calls, where a call can be
   routed to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or call taker
   capable of communicating with the user, or a translator or relay
   operator can be bridged into the call during setup, but this applies
   to non-emergency calls as well (as an example, when calling a company
   call center).

   This document describes the need and expected use, and describes a
   solution using new SDP stream attributes plus an optional SIP "hint."

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gellens-mmusic-negotiating-human-language

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gellens-mmusic-negotiating-human-language-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/