Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 08:56:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
	Author(s)       : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2013-07-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast mechanism for protecting pseudowires
   (PWs) against egress endpoint failures, including egress attachment
   circuit failure, egress PE failure, multi-segment PW terminating PE
   failure, and multi-segment PW switching PE failure.  Designed on the
   basis of multi-homed CE, PW redundancy, upstream label assignment and
   context specific label switching, the mechanism enables local repair
   to be performed by a router upstream adjacent to a failure.  In
   particular, the router can restore PW traffic in the order of tens of
   milliseconds, by transmitting the traffic to a protector through a
   pre-established bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism can reduce
   traffic loss before global repair reacts to the failure and the
   network converges on the topology changes due to the failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/