Subject: I-D Action: draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:49:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Normalization Marker for AF PHB Group in DiffServ
	Author(s)       : Cheng-Jia Lai
                          Wenyi Wang
                          Stan Yang
                          Toerless Eckert
                          Fred Yip
	Filename        : draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-06

Abstract:
   In DiffServ, preferential dropping of packets in AF PHB groups has
   long been considered beneficial, typically for video flows with
   discardable packets.  Unfortunately, the ecosystem of bandwidth
   contention at congestion is very likely to discourage those video
   endpoints from generating packets with lower precedence markings,
   i.e. they would lose more packets if doing so.  Thus, to offer an
   incentive for more collaborative and mutually beneficial behaviors of
   video endpoints in AF PHB groups, we propose a Normalization Marker
   (NM) for traffic conditioning at network edges.  Deployment of NM
   will encourage the video endpoints to generate finer layers of intra-
   flow precedence (IFP) with discardable packets in more balanced
   distributions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/