Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:38:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Label Sharing for Fast PE Protection
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
                          Peng Zhou
	Filename        : draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to be used by Service Providers to
   provide fast protection of VPN connections for a CE. Egress PEs in a
   redundant group always assign the same label for VPN routes from a
   VRF. These egress PEs create a BGP virtual Next Hop (vNH) in the
   domain of the IP/MPLS backbone network as an agent of the CE router.
   Primary and backup tunnels terminated at the vNH are set up by the
   BGP/MPLS IP VPN based on IGP FRR. If the primary egress PE fails, the
   backup egress PEs can recognize the "shared" VPN route label and
   deliver the failure affected packets accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/