Subject: I-D Action: draft-keoh-dtls-multicast-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 07:45:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTLS-based Multicast Security for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
	Author(s)       : Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-keoh-dtls-multicast-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-07-06

Abstract:
   Wireless IP-based systems will be increasingly used for building
   control systems in the future where wireless devices interconnect
   with each other, forming low-power and lossy networks (LLNs).  The
   CoAP/6LoWPAN standards are emerging as the de-facto protocols in this
   area for resource-constrained devices.  Both multicast and security
   are key needs in these networks.  This draft presents a method for
   securing multicast communication in LLNs based on the DTLS which is
   already present in CoAP devices.  This draft deals with the
   adaptation of the DTLS record layer to protect multicast group
   communication, assuming that all member devices already have a group
   key in their own possession.  The DTLS record layer implementation is
   used to encrypt a multicast message and to provide message
   authentication using the group key before sending the message via IP
   multicast to the group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keoh-dtls-multicast-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keoh-dtls-multicast-security-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/