Subject: I-D Action: draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:16:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Database Requirements
	Author(s)       : Olivier Dugeon
                          Julien Meuric
                          Richard Douville
                          Ramon Casellas
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
	Filename        : draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
   set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
   Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE and GMPLS LSP tunnels placement.
   In the PCE architecture, a main assumption has been done concerning
   the information that the PCE needs to perform its computation.  In a
   fist approach, the PCE embeds a Traffic Engineering Database (TED)
   containing all pertinent and suitable information regarding the
   network that is in the scope of a PCE.  Nevertheless, the TED
   requirements as well as the TED information have not yet been
   formalized.  In addition, some recent RFC (like the Backward
   Recursive Path Computation procedure or PCE Hierarchy) or WG draft
   (like draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce ...) suffer from a lack of
   information in the TED, leading to a non optimal result or to some
   difficulties to deploy them.  This memo tries to identify some
   Database, at large, requirements for the PCE.  It is split in two
   main sections: the identification of the specific information to be
   stored in the PCE Database and how it may be populated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dugeon-pce-ted-reqs-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/