Subject: I-D Action: draft-selander-core-access-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 04:23:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Access Control Framework for Constrained Environments
	Author(s)       : Goeran Selander
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Ludwig Seitz
	Filename        : draft-selander-core-access-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a light-weight web
   transfer protocol designed to be used in constrained nodes and
   constrained networks.  Communication security support for CoAP,
   including authentication, encryption, integrity protection, is well
   understood and a DTLS binding for CoAP is specified, but
   authorization and access control are not described in detail.

   This document describes a generic and dynamic access control
   framework suitable for constrained environments using CoAP.  The
   framework builds on standards and well known paradigms for access
   control, externalizing authorization decision making to unconstrained
   nodes while performing authorization decision enforcement and
   verification of local conditions in constrained devices.

   In addition, this document provides alternative or complementary key
   management to the CoAP security modes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-core-access-control

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-core-access-control-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/