Subject: I-D Action: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:58:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
	Author(s)       : Michael Montemurro
                          Andrew Allen
                          David McDonald
                          Paul Gosden
	Filename        : draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-15.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA (GSM Association)and a sub-namespace for the IMEI (International
   Mobile station Equipment Identity), and an associated parameter for
   the IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and
   Software Version number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the
   IMEISV is 16 decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary
   Encoded Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part
   of the specification for Global System for Mobile communications(GSM)
   and are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership
   Project (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the
   Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long
   Term Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify
   Mobile Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/