Subject: I-D Action: draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 14:54:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Normalization Marker for AF PHB Group in DiffServ
	Author(s)       : Cheng-Jia Lai
                          Wenyi Wang
                          Stan Yang
                          Toerless Eckert
                          Fred Yip
	Filename        : draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   This memo describes a Normalization Marker (NM) at DiffServ (DS)
   nodes to normalize the distribution of DS codepoint (DSCP) markings
   for an Assured Forwarding (AF) Per-Hop Behavior (PHB) group.  NM is
   useful for traffic conditioning with Active Queue Management (AQM)
   when the AF PHB group is deployed for multimedia service classes that
   carry video packets with advanced codec technologies.  Using NM can
   offer an incentive that is however missing in today's ecosystem of
   practical deployment, i.e., when congestion occurs in the AF PHB
   group, the network should allow a video codec to benefit from its
   effort of generating finer layers of intra-flow precedence (IFP) with
   discardable packets in a more balanced distribution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lai-tsvwg-normalizer-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/