Subject: I-D Action: draft-kovatsch-lwig-coap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:32:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP Implementation Guidance
	Author(s)       : Matthias Kovatsch
                          Olaf Bergmann
                          Angelo Castellani
                          Esko Dijk
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-kovatsch-lwig-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-07-01

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is designed for resource-
   constrained nodes and networks, e.g., sensor nodes in low-power lossy
   networks (LLNs).  Still, to implement this Internet protocol on Class
   1 devices, i.e., ~ 10 KiB of RAM and ~ 100 KiB of ROM, lightweight
   implementation techniques are necessary.  This document provides
   lessons learned from implementing CoAP for tiny, battery-operated
   networked embedded systems.  The guidelines for transmission state
   management and developer APIs can also help with the implementation
   of CoAP for less constrained nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kovatsch-lwig-coap

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kovatsch-lwig-coap-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/