Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-deployments-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 02:36:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : Martin Stiemerling
                          Sebastian Kiesel
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Michael Scharf
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-deployments-07.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   Many Internet applications are used to access resources, such as
   pieces of information or server processes, which are available in
   several equivalent replicas on different hosts.  This includes, but
   is not limited to, peer-to-peer file sharing applications.  The goal
   of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to provide
   guidance to these applications, which have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates that are able to provide a desired
   resource.  This memo discusses deployment related issues of ALTO.  It
   addresses different use cases of ALTO such as peer-to-peer file
   sharing and CDNs, security considerations, recommendations for
   network administrators, and also guidance for application designers
   using ALTO.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-deployments

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-deployments-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-deployments-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/