Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 03:13:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DTLS-based Security with two-way Authentication for IoT
	Author(s)       : Corinna Schmitt
                          Burkhard Stiller
                          Thomas Kothmayr
                          Wen Hu
	Filename        : draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-07-04

Abstract:
   In this draft the first key idea for a full two-way authentication
   security scheme for the Internet of Things (IoT) based on existing
   Internet standards, specifically the Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) protocol, is introduced.  By relying on an
   established standard, existing implementations, engineering
   techniques, and security infrastructure can be reused, which enables
   an easy security uptake.  The proposed security scheme is, therefore,
   based on RSA, the most widely used public key cryptography algorithm.
   It is designed to work over standard communication stacks that offer
   UDP/IPv6 networking for Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks
   (6LoWPANs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/