Subject: I-D Action: draft-wagner-conex-credit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 02:58:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ConEx Crediting and Auditing
	Author(s)       : David Wagner
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-wagner-conex-credit-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-12

Abstract:
   Congestion Exposure (ConEx) is a mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion encountered by previous packets on
   the same flow.  In order to make ConEx information useful, reliable
   auditing is necessary to provide a strong incentive to declare ConEx
   information honestly.  However, there is always a delay between
   congestion events and the respective ConEx signal at the audit.  To
   avoid state and complex Round-Trip Time estimations at the audit, in
   [draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech] it is proposed to use credit signals
   sent in advance to cover potential congestion in the next feedback
   delay duration.  Unfortunately, introducing credit does not provide
   incentives to honestly report congestion.  This document lists
   potential issues regarding the proposed crediting and discusses
   potential solutions approaches to interpret and handle credits at the
   audit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wagner-conex-credit

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wagner-conex-credit-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/