Subject: I-D Action: draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:16:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Network Service Chaining Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Paul Quinn
                          Jim Guichard
                          Surendra Kumar
                          Puneet Agarwal
                          Rajeev Manur
                          Abhishek Chauhan
                          Nic Leymann
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Michael Smith
                          Navindra Yadav
                          Thomas Nadeau
                          Ken Gray
                          Brad McConnell
	Filename        : draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of the issues associated with the
   deployment of network services functions (such as firewalls, load
   balancers) in large-scale environments.  The term service chaining is
   used to describe the deployment of such services, and the ability of
   a network operator to specify an ordered list of services that should
   be applied to a deterministic set of traffic flows.  Such service
   chains require integration of service policy alongside the deployment
   of applications, while allowing for the optimal utilization of
   network resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-quinn-nsc-problem-statement-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/