Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:56:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics Destination Option
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Keven Haining
                          US Bank
                          Sigfrido Perdomo
                          William Jouris
                          David Boyes
	Filename        : draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   To diagnose problems for a number of Enterprise Data Center Operators
   (EDCO), two metrics are critical for timely end-to-end problem
   resolution, both real-time and after the fact, without impacting an
   operational production network. They are: packet sequence number and
   packet timestamp. Packet sequence number is required for diagnostics.
   Packet timestamp is required to calculate end-to-end response time.
   Current methods are inadequate for these purposes because they assume
   unreasonable access to intermediate devices, are cost prohibitive,
   require infeasible changes to a running production network, and / or
   do not provide timely data. This document solves these problems with
   a new destination option, the Performance and Diagnostic Metrics
   destination option (PDM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/