Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 06:04:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Yang Cui
                          Emma Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   IPsec is a mature technology with several interoperable
   implementations.  Indeed, the use of IPsec tunnels is increasingly
   gaining popularity in several deployment scenarios, not the least in
   what used to be solely areas of traditional telecommunication
   protocols.  Wider deployment calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance.  Unfortunately, however, standard IP
   performance measurement security mechanisms cannot be readily used
   with IPsec.  This document makes the case for employing IPsec to
   protect the One-way and Two-Way Active Measurement Protocols (O/
   TWAMP) and proposes a method which combines IKEv2 and O/TWAMP as
   defined in RFC 4656 and RFC 5357, respectively.  This specification
   aims, on the one hand, to ensure that O/TWAMP can be secured with the
   best mechanisms we have at our disposal today while, on the other
   hand, it facilitates the applicability of O/TWAMP to networks that
   have already deployed IPsec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/