Subject: I-D Action: draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:30:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO for Querying LMAP Results
	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Enrico Marocco
	Filename        : draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-11

Abstract:
   In the context of Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance
   (LMAP), measurement results are currently made available to the
   public either at the finest granularity level (e.g. as a list of
   results of all individual tests), or in a very high level human-
   readable format (e.g. as PDF reports).

   This document argues that there is a need for an intermediate way to
   provide access to large-scale network measurement results, flexible
   enough to enable querying of specific and possibly aggregated data.
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol, defined
   with the goal to provide applications with network information, seems
   a good candidate to fulfill such a role.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/