Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:48:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A PCE-based Architecture for Application-based Network Operations
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-04.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   Services such as content distribution, distributed databases, or
   inter-data center connectivity place a set of new requirements on the
   operation of networks.  They need on-demand and application-specific
   reservation of network connectivity, reliability, and resources (such
   as bandwidth) in a variety of network applications (such as point-to-
   point connectivity, network virtualization, or mobile back-haul) and
   in a range of network technologies from packet (IP/MPLS) down to
   optical.  An environment that operates to meet this type of
   requirement is said to have Application-Based Network Operations
   (ABNO).

   ABNO brings together many existing technologies for gathering
   information about the resources available in a network, for
   consideration of topologies and how those topologies map to
   underlying network resources, for requesting path computation, and
   for provisioning or reserving network resources.  Thus, ABNO may be
   seen as the use of a toolbox of existing components enhanced with a
   few new elements.  The key component within an ABNO is the Path
   Computation Element (PCE), which can be used for computing paths and
   is further extended to provide policy enforcement capabilities for
   ABNO.

   This document describes an architecture and framework for ABNO
   showing how these components fit together.  It provides a cookbook of
   existing technologies to satisfy the architecture and meet the needs
   of the applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/