Subject: I-D Action: draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:56:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Free from Using Zone Identifier for IPv6 Link-Local Address
	Author(s)       : Hiroshi Kitamura
                          Shingo Ata
                          Masayuki Murata
	Filename        : draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-10

Abstract:
   This document describes how end users can become free from using
   zone identifiers for IPv6 link-local addresses.

   When users deal with IPv6 link-local addresses, it is thought that
   it is mandatory thing to specify accompanied zone identifiers. For
   end users, however, it is troublesome and nuisance thing to do it.
   Because it is very hard for normal end users to find appropriate
   zone identifiers for this purpose.

   From another viewpoint, the usage of IPv6 link-local addresses
   accompanied with zone identifiers is quite different from the usage
   of traditional global addresses, many problems are caused and new
   specifications are required to fix these problems.

   This document explores and describes a new mechanism that makes end
   users free from using zone identifiers for IPv6 link-local
   addresses. In order to achieve the mechanism, a new notion table
   that is called "Link-Local Route Cache" is introduced.

   This method is upper compatible with the current mechanism and
   harmless to the existing communications. By adding small
   improvement to neighbor discovery implementation, "Link-Local Route
   Cache" is easily implemented.

   With this method, end users will be released from using nuisance
   zone identifiers for IPv6 link-local addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/