Subject: I-D Action: draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 06:14:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ICN Management Considerations
	Author(s)       : Daniel Corujo
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Ivan Vidal
	Filename        : draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-12

Abstract:
   This document aims to draw the attention of the ICNRG community to
   network management, an important but hitherto underdeveloped area of
   research in information-centric networking.  We consider that the
   availability of modern management mechanisms for information-centric
   networks will foster their deployment in real-world environments.
   For example, we argue that there is a need for creating basic network
   management tools early on while ICN is still in the design and
   experimentation phases that can evolve over time.  Perhaps ICN can
   borrow successful mechanisms from the host-centric paradigm and adapt
   them to the new network primitives.  Alternatively, novel network
   management schemes can be designed based on ICN primitives.  As a
   discussion starter, this document summarizes recently published
   approaches for ICN network management.  In particular, this first
   version presents a management framework for named data networking and
   reviews previous work on NetInf management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/