Subject: I-D Action: draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:25:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ICN Baseline Scenarios and Evaluation Methodology
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Priya Mahadevan
                          Spiros Spirou
                          Antonella Molinaro
                          Dorothy Gellert
                          Suyong Eum
	Filename        : draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-04.txt
	Pages           : 64
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about the
   evaluation of different information-centric networking (ICN)
   approaches so that they can be tested and compared against each other
   while showcasing their own advantages.  Towards this end, we review
   the ICN literature and document scenarios which have been considered
   in previous performance evaluation studies.  We discuss a variety of
   aspects that an ICN solution can address.  This includes general
   aspects, such as, network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased
   scalability and reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching
   performance, real-time communication efficacy, energy consumption
   frugality, and disruption and delay tolerance.  We detail ICN-
   specific aspects as well, such as information security and trust,
   persistence, availability, provenance, and location independence.  We
   then survey the evaluation tools currently available to researchers
   in this area and provide suggestions regarding methodology and
   metrics.  Finally, this document sheds some light on the impact of
   ICN on network security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pentikousis-icn-scenarios-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/