Subject: I-D Action: draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:45:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SMTP security via opportunistic DANE TLS
	Author(s)       : Viktor Dukhovni
                          Wes Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This memo describes a protocol for opportunistic TLS security based
   on the DANE TLSA DNS record.  The design goal is an incremental
   transition of the Internet email backbone (MTA to MTA SMTP traffic)
   from today's unauthenticated and unencrypted connections to TLS
   encrypted and authenticated delivery when the client is DANE TLSA
   aware and the server domain publishes DANE TLSA records for its MX
   hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dukhovni-smtp-opportunistic-tls-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/