Subject: I-D Action: draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 06:22:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Framework of Multipath Transport System Based on Application-Level Relay (MPTS-AR)
	Author(s)       : Weimin Lei
                          Wei Zhang
                          Shaowei Liu
	Filename        : draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-00.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2013-07-29

Abstract:
   Multipath transport is an important way to improve the efficiency of
   data delivery. This document defines a multipath transport system
   framework in which application-level relays are deployed to provide
   the conditions to enable multiple paths between source and
   destination. In the proposed framework, endpoints are allowed to use
   multiple paths, including the default IP path and relay paths, to
   transport data in a single session. A relay path may via one or more
   relays which provide application-level relay services for endpoints.
   This framework defines three kinds of logical entities including user
   agent, relay server and relay controller. Relay server provides relay
   service for user agents based on a local path-table. Relay controller
   manages relay servers and relay paths. User agent maintains multiple
   end-to-end paths which include a default path and multiple relay
   paths. The framework also defines a relay service control protocol
   named OpenPath protocol in control plane to manage relay paths, and a
   profile of multipath transport protocol suite in data plane to
   facilitate multipath data transport. The multipath transport system
   framework can support various applications including applications
   requiring timely delivery of real-time data such as streaming media,
   and applications requiring ordered reliable delivery of stream of
   data such as file transfer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/