Subject: I-D Action: draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:25:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Make-Before-Break MPLS-TE LSP restoration and reoptimization procedure using Stateful PCE
	Author(s)       : Yosuke Tanaka
                          Yuji Kamite
	Filename        : draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   Stateful PCE (Path Computation Element) and its corresponding
   protocol extensions provide a mechanism that enables PCE to do
   stateful control of MPLS Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE
   LSP).  Stateful PCE supports manipulating the existing LSP's state
   and attributes (e.g., bandwidth and route) and also creating totally
   new LSPs in the network.

   In the current MPLS TE network using RSVP-TE, LSPs are often
   controlled by "make-before-break (M-B-B)" signaling by headend for
   the purpose of LSP restoration and reoptimization.  In most cases, it
   is an essential operation to reroute LSP traffic without any data
   disruption.

   This document specifies the procedure of applying stateful PCE's
   control to make-before-break RSVP-TE signaling.  In this document,
   two types of restoration/reoptimization procedures are defined,
   implicit mode and explicit mode.  This document also specifies the
   usage and handling of stateful PCEP (PCE Communication Protocol)
   messages, expected behavior of PCC as RSVP-TE headend and several
   extensions of additional PCEP objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/