Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 03:11:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Analysis of Semantic Embedded IPv6 Address Schemas
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Qiong Sun
                          Ian Farrer
                          Yang Bo
                          Tianle Yang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This informational document discusses the use of embedded semantics
   within IPv6 address schemas.  Network operators who have large IPv6
   address space may choose to embed some semantics into their IPv6
   addressing by assigning additional significance to specific bits
   within the prefix.  By embedding semantics into IPv6 prefixes, the
   semantics of packets can be easily inspected.  This can simplify the
   packet differentiation process.  However, semantic embedded IPv6
   address schemas have their own operational cost and even potential
   pitfalls.  Some complex semantic embedded IPv6 address schemas may
   also require new technologies in addition to existing Internet
   protocols.

   The document aims to understand the usage of semantic embedded IPv6
   address schemas, and neutrally analyze on the associated advantages,
   drawbacks and technical gaps for more complex address schemas.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jiang-semantic-prefix-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/