Subject: I-D Action: draft-wr-mptcp-single-homed-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:24:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Multipath TCP Support for Single-homed End-systems
	Author(s)       : Rolf Winter
                          Michael Faath
                          Andreas Ripke
	Filename        : draft-wr-mptcp-single-homed-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP relies on the existence of multiple paths at the end-
   systems typically provided through different IP addresses obtained by
   different ISPs.  While this scenario is certainly becoming
   increasingly a reality (e.g.  mobile devices), currently most end-
   systems are single-homed (e.g.  desktop PCs in an enterprise). It
   seems also likely that a lot of network sites will insist on having
   all traffic pass a single network element (e.g.  for security
   reasons) before traffic is split across multiple paths.  This memo
   therefore describes mechanisms to make multiple paths available to
   multipath TCP-capable end-systems that are not available directly at
   the end-systems but somewhere within the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wr-mptcp-single-homed

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wr-mptcp-single-homed-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wr-mptcp-single-homed-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/