Subject: I-D Action: draft-bitar-i2rs-service-chaining-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:21:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) for Service Chaining: Use Cases and Requirements
	Author(s)       : Nabil Bitar
                          Giles Heron
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Ram Krishnan
                          Nicolai Leymann
                          Himanshu Shah
                          Wassim Haddad
	Filename        : draft-bitar-i2rs-service-chaining-00.txt
	Pages           : 1
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
        Service chaining is the concept of applying an ordered set of
        services to a packet or a flow. Services in the chain may
        include network services such as load-balancing, firewalling,
        intrusion prevention, and routing among others. Criteria for
        applying a service chain to a packet or flow can be based on
        packet/flow attributes that span the OSI layers (e.g., physical
        port, Ethernet MAC header information, IP header information,
        Transport and application layer information). This document
        describes use cases and I2RS (Information to the Rousting
        System) requirements for the discovery and maintenance of
        services topology and resources. It also describes use cases
        and I2RS requirements for controlling the forwarding of a
        packet/flow along a service chain based on packet/flow
        attributes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bitar-i2rs-service-chaining

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bitar-i2rs-service-chaining-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/