Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 20:41:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Transition Technologies Selection using DHCP/DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Tianle Yang
                          Qiongfang Ma
	Filename        : draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-07-11

Abstract:
   Nowadays, many IPv6 transition technologies has been proposed, such
   as Dual-Stack, DS-Lite, 6rd and so on.  An CPE may support some of
   them instead of only one.  But ISPs usually deploy just an unique
   transition technology in an area, for example, under a BRAS/SR or in
   a MAN.  So they must control all the CPEs to ues the exact transition
   tech through the CPEs' management system or configuring them before
   issuing to the customers.  Another question is that if subscriber buy
   a new CPE from supermarket to substitute the one received from the
   ISP, he may not access internet because of the wrong configuration.

   To solve these problems,this document defines a new DHCP/DHCPv6
   option named TRAN_TYPE which can control CPEs to select the
   appropriate IPv6 transition technology which ISP deployed instend of
   the CPEs' default configration.  This method can also solve the
   configurating problem when various CPEs work together without a
   uniform configuration in advance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yang-v6ops-ipv6tran-select-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/