Subject: I-D Action: draft-haleplidis-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:33:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : SDN Layers and Architecture Terminology
	Author(s)       : Evangelos Haleplidis
                          Spyros Denazis
                          Odysseas Koufopavlou
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Jamal Hadi Salim
	Filename        : draft-haleplidis-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   Software-Defined Networking introduces an abstraction layer and by
   doing so separates the Forwarding from the Control layer.  This
   separation can allow faster innovation cycles at both layers as
   experience has already shown.  However, there is increasing confusion
   as to what exactly SDN is, what is the layer stucture in an SDN
   architecture and how do layers interface with each other.  This
   document aims to provide a concise reference for future discussions
   in SDNRG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haleplidis-sdnrg-layer-terminology

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haleplidis-sdnrg-layer-terminology-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/