Subject: I-D Action: draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 21:00:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for ALTO with network-deployed P2P caches-00
	Author(s)       : Lingli Deng
                          Yan Zhang
	Filename        : draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-03

Abstract:
   Transparent forwarding caching effectively localizes the downloading
   P2P traffic within the sub-net under its coverage resulting in
   reduction of network cost for cross-boundary peer selection, whereas
   transparent reverse caching blocks the uploading traffic outside a
   wireless sub-net leading to elimination of network cost for wireless
   uploading peer selection.  In other words, caching between pairs of
   endpoints changes the traffic cost along the way.

   Therefore, it is proposed to use locations of caches as dividers of
   different DIPs to guide intra-ISP network abstraction and mark costs
   among them according to the location and type of relevant caches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deng-alto-p2pcache

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/