Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 03:15:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : KEEP_OLD_IKE_SA Extension
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   This document considers a VPN Client setting a VPN with a security
   gateway where at least one of the peer has multiple interfaces.

   With the current IKEv2, the outer IP addresses of the VPN are
   determined by those used by IKEv2 channel.  As a result using
   multiple interface requires to set an IKEv2 channel on each
   interface, and then on each paths if both the VPN Client and the
   security gateway have multiple interfaces.  Setting multiple IKEv2
   channel involves multiple authentications which MAY each require
   multiple round trips and delay the VPN establishment.  In addition
   multiple authentications unnecessarily load the VPN client and the
   authentication infrastructure.

   This document presents the KEEP_OLD_IKE_SA extension, where an
   additional IKEv2 channel from an already authenticated IKEv2 channel.
   The newly created IKEv2 channel is set without the IKEv2
   authentication exchange.  The newly created IKEv2 channel can then be
   assigned to another interface using MOBIKE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-keep-old-ike-sa-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/