Subject: I-D Action: draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 00:58:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Revealing hosts sharing an IP address using ICMP Echo Request
	Author(s)       : Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-07-03

Abstract:
   When an IP address is shared among several subscribers -- with a NAT
   or with an application-level proxy -- it is impossible for the server
   to differentiate between different clients.  Such differentiation is
   valuable in several scenarios.  This memo proposes a technique to
   differentiate TCP and UDP clients sharing an IP address.  The
   proposed method uses an ICMP Echo Request packet, which allows for
   more information about the user mapping to be transmitted than in the
   case of using the TCP option - and allows the use with UDP and other
   protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/