Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 05:50:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Separation of CAPWAP Control and Data Plane: Scenarios, Requirements and Solutions
	Author(s)       : Rong Zhang
                          Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the scenarios and requirements of separating
   CAPWAP Data and Control plane.  This specification provides a CAPWAP
   extension to allow two distinct AC component: AC-DP (AC-Data Plane)
   and AC-CP (AC-Control Plane).  AC-DP handles all user payload with
   the exception of layer 2 management frames between the AC and user
   such as IEEE 802.11 association, authentication, probe, Action Frame.
   AC-CP handles all control messages between the WTP and AC.  In
   addition, the AC-CP wil handle user payload related to layer-2
   management frames such as those mentioned above.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/