Subject: I-D Action: draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 02:05:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Considerations for ALTO with network-deployed P2P caches
	Author(s)       : Lingli Deng
                          Wei Chen
                          Qiuchao Yi
                          Yan Zhang
	Filename        : draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-31

Abstract:
   Uploading from peers located in a public WLAN hotspot has been
   reported to severely impact other current users' experiences, and
   raised caution from the operator's side who are willing to
   increasingly participate in building public WLAN facilities to
   offload the explosive mobile data traffic from cellular networks.
   Cooperation between the network operator and the P2P service
   providers in form of intra-domain P2P caches is expected to be an
   effective mechanism to solve the problem.  This draft introduces
   considerations on ALTO deployment in terms of P2P caches and
   discusses potential extensions to the ALTO protocol to standardize
   this mutual cooperation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-deng-alto-p2pcache

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-deng-alto-p2pcache-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/