Subject: I-D Action: draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:27:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Support for Long-lived BGP Graceful Restart
	Author(s)       : James Uttaro
                          Enke Chen
                          Bruno Decraene
                          John G. Scudder
	Filename        : draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   In this document we introduce a new BGP capability termed "Long-lived
   Graceful Restart Capability" so that stale routes can be retained for
   a longer time upon session failure.  In addition a new BGP community
   "LLGR_STALE" is introduced for marking stale routes retained for a
   longer time.  We also specify that such long-lived stale routes be
   treated as the least-preferred, and their advertisements be limited
   to BGP speakers that have advertised the new capability.  Use of this
   extension is not advisable in all cases, and we provide guidelines to
   help determine if it is.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/