Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-trill-irb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:06:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL Integrated Routing and Bridging Solution
	Author(s)       : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-hao-trill-irb-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-11

Abstract:
   Currently TRILL solution can only provide optimum unicast forwarding just
for    Layer2 traffic of intra-subnet forwarding, not for Layer3 traffic(inter-subnet
   forwarding). In this document, a TRILL Integrated Routing and Bridging
(IRB)    solution is introduced to provide optimum unicast forwarding not just for Layer
2    traffic (intra-subnet forwarding), but also for Layer 3 traffic (inter-subnet
   forwarding). In the TRILL IRB scenario, an edge RB MUST perform the bridging
   function for the End Systems that are on the same subnet and the IP routing
for    the End Systems that are on the different subnets of same tenant. ESADI
extension    can be used for synchronizing <MAC, IP> correspondence among edge RBridges.
To    reduce the number of ESADI session among edge RBridges, Management Data Label
for    ESADI is suggested to be used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-irb

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-trill-irb-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hao-trill-irb-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/