Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 15:03:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : Greg M. Bernstein
                          Sugang Xu
                          Young Lee
                          Giovanni Martinelli
                          Hiroaki Harai
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-07-05

Abstract:
   This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched
   optical networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs
   under a number of conditions including: (a) when optional
   processing, such as regeneration, must be configured to occur at
   specific nodes along a path, (b) where equipment must be configured
   to accept an optical signal with specific attributes, or (c) where
   equipment must be configured to output an optical signal with
   specific attributes. In addition this memo provides mechanisms to
   support distributed wavelength assignment with bidirectional LSPs,
   and choice in distributed wavelength assignment algorithms. These
   extensions build on previous work for the control of lambda and
   G.709 based networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/