Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-nvo3-active-active-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:43:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Active-active access in NVO3 network
	Author(s)       : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-nvo3-active-active-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-07-10

Abstract:
   E-VPN can be used as a control plane protocol for NVO3 network. In All-Active
   access scenario, loop & echo forwarding prevention among multi-homed NVEs relies
   on "Split horizon" filtering mechanism. ESI MPLS label is leveraged to perform
   split horizon filtering in MPLS based EVPN network. In VXLAN or NVGRE
   encapsulation based overlay network, no MPLS is used. Therefore a new method is
   introduced in this document to achieve split horizon filtering in non-MPLS overlay
   network. Data plane of the overlay network is extended with a LAGID field. The
   function of LAGID is similar to ESI MPLS Label in [EVPN]. It is used to identify
   each Ethernet segment(ES) on each NVE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-nvo3-active-active

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-l2vpn-evpn-nvo3-active-active-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/