Subject: I-D Action: draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:43:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Reliable Virtualized Network Function (VNF) Pool
	Author(s)       : Ning Zong
	Filename        : draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV), conceptualized by the European
   Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) NFV Industry
   Specification Group (ISG) , is gaining significant momentum within
   the the telecoms industry.  A key area currently being discussed
   within the ETSI NFV ISG is the reliability and availability of the
   network service implemented by a set of Virtualized Network Functions
   (VNFs) building on top of the virtualization infrastructure.

   This document mainly focus on problem statement and gap analysis.  It
   provides an overview of the problem space related to NFV reliability,
   it then briefly reviews an applicable architecture to scope potential
   solution space.  Finally it identifies the gaps of several existing
   approaches to NFV reliability for potential reuse and extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/