Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:37:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL: Parent Selection in Distribution Trees
	Author(s)       : Howard Yang
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
	Filename        : draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol extension in TRILL IS-IS and a
   parent selection tiebreak algorithm in the calculation of
   distribution trees in TRILL. The proposal is to modify the current
   algorithm to improve the stability of the distribution trees when
   multiple equal cost parents are present. It also offers the
   capabilities of pinning down multi-destination traffic and re-shaping
   the distribution trees to improve the traffic load balancing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/