Subject: I-D Action: draft-flach-tcpm-fec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:59:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TCP Instant Recovery: Incorporating Forward Error Correction in TCP
	Author(s)       : Tobias Flach
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Barath Raghavan
	Filename        : draft-flach-tcpm-fec-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   Ordinary TCP loss recovery takes at least one round-trip time and as
   such can increase application-perceived latency, especially for short
   flows such as Web transactions.  TCP Instant Recovery (TCP-IR) is an
   experimental algorithm that allows a receiving end to recover lost
   packets without retransmissions, thus potentially saving at least one
   full round-trip time compared to standard TCP.  TCP-IR achieves this
   by judiciously injecting encoded data segments within a TCP stream.
   This document describes the TCP-IR algorithm at the sending and
   receiving ends, along with the required protocol changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-flach-tcpm-fec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-flach-tcpm-fec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/