Subject: I-D Action: draft-rescorla-stir-fallback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:34:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Secure Caller-ID Fallback Mode
	Author(s)       : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-rescorla-stir-fallback-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   A major challenge with RFC 4474-style identity assertions has been
   that SIP operates in highly mediated and interworked environments.
   SIP requests may pass through gateways, policy enforcement devices or
   other entities that receive SIP requests and effectively act as user
   agents, re-initiating a request.  In these circumstances,
   intermediaries may recreate the fields protected by the RFC4474
   signature, making end-to end integrity impossible.  This document
   describes a mechanism for two compliant endpoints to exchange
   authentication data even in the face of intermediaries which remove
   all additional call signaling meta-data or which translate from SIP
   into protocols incapable of understanding identity meta-data (e.g.,
   where one side is the PSTN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rescorla-stir-fallback

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rescorla-stir-fallback-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/