Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-service-chaining-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 03:06:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Chaining Use Cases
	Author(s)       : Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Hongyu Li
                          Oliver Huang
                          Nicolai Leymann
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-liu-service-chaining-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   For some network services, traffic is forwarded through a sequence of
   network functions, which usually have dedicated capabilities other
   than forwarding, e.g. firewall.  Forwarding of traffic along a
   sequence of service processing functions is usually based on service
   characteristics, but not destination addresses.  We call such way of
   forwarding as service chaining.  This memo describes use cases of
   service chaining.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-service-chaining-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-service-chaining-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-service-chaining-use-cases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/