Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-long-headers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:55:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Operational Issues Associated With Long IPv6 Extension Header Chains
	Author(s)       : Warren Kumari
                          Joel Jaeggli
                          Ronald P Bonica
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-long-headers-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-07-03

Abstract:
   This document explains why IPv6 header chain length affects the cost
   of ASIC-based packet forwarding.  It also explains why some network
   service providers discard packets with exceptionally long header
   chains.  Finally, it identifies a reasonable header chain length.
   While a network service provider can enforce any filtering policy
   that supports its security model, a network service provider should
   not discard IPv6 packets based solely upon header chain length if the
   header chain is not longer than the value specified herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-long-headers

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-long-headers-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-long-headers-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/