Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:00:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-10.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-28

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism called Public 4over6 which is
   designed to provide IPv4 Internet connectivity over an IPv6 access
   network using global IPv4 addresses.  Public 4over6 was developed in
   the IETF and is in use in some existing deployments, but is not
   recommended for new deployments.  Future deployments of similar
   scenarios should use Lightweight 4over6.  Public 4over6 follows the
   Hub and Spoke softwire model, and uses an IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel to
   forward IPv4 packets over IPv6 access network.  The bi-directionality
   of the IPv4 communication is achieved by explicitly allocating global
   non-shared IPv4 addresses to end users, as well as maintaining IPv4-
   IPv6 address binding on the border relay.  Public 4over6 aims to
   provide uninterrupted IPv4 services to users, like Internet Content
   Providers, etc., while an operator makes the transition of the access
   network to an IPv6-only access network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/