Subject: I-D Action: draft-kothari-vrrp-graceful-failover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:47:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : VRRP Graceful Failover
	Author(s)       : Anurag Kothari
	Filename        : draft-kothari-vrrp-graceful-failover-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-08-02

Abstract:
   This memo defines the use of priority zero in VRRP to failover from
   the Master router to one of the Backup routers either by operator
   input (i.e. manual failover) or automatically (e.g. on uplink
   interface going down). The procedure tries to be graceful (i.e.
   minimize outage) wherever possible. It is especially helpful in cases
   where preemption is disabled to avoid unnecessary churn.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kothari-vrrp-graceful-failover

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kothari-vrrp-graceful-failover-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/