Subject: I-D Action: draft-bannister-dbis-hosts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:21:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Directory-Based Information Services: Hosts, Networks and Services
	Author(s)       : Mark R. Bannister
	Filename        : draft-bannister-dbis-hosts-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-08-15

Abstract:
   This document extends Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS)
   described in [draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-00] to support hosts,
   networks, netmasks, protocols, rpc and services databases.

   The database schemas SHALL be backwards compatible with the Network
   Information Service [NIS] but stored within [X.500] entries so that
   they may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
   [RFC4510].

   A hosts database maps hostnames to IP addresses, networks map network
   names to network numbers, netmasks map network numbers to netmasks,
   protocols map network protocol names to protocol numbers, rpc maps
   Remote Procedure Call [RFC1057] program names to RPC program numbers
   and services map network service names to port numbers and protocols.

   This document describes configuration maps [draft-bannister-dbis-
   mapping-00] for hosts, networks, protocols, rpc and services, and
   database entries referenced by those maps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bannister-dbis-hosts

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-hosts-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/