Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 03:15:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PID: A Generic Naming Schema for Information-centric Network
	Author(s)       : Xinwen Zhang
                          Ravi Ravindran
                          Haiyong Xie
                          Guoqiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-08-20

Abstract:
   In Information-centric network (ICN), everything is an identifiable
   object or entity with a name, such as a named data chunk, a device,
   or a service end.  Different from host-centric connectivity, ICN
   connects named entities using name-based routing and forwarding.  At
   the same time, network entities, end devices, and applications have
   variant demands to verify the integrity and authenticity of these
   entities through names.  This document proposes a generic naming
   schema called PID, which supports trust provenance, content lookup,
   routing, and inter-domain resolution for ICN.  With PID schema, a
   name consists of three components: principal(s), identifier(s), and
   domain(s).  In this draft, we only illustrate the principle and
   concept of PID and the functional role of each component, and leave
   encoding approaches as implementation options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-icnrg-pid-naming-scheme-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/