Subject: I-D Action: draft-bannister-dbis-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:21:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Directory-Based Information Services: Password Policies
	Author(s)       : Mark R. Bannister
	Filename        : draft-bannister-dbis-policy-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-08-15

Abstract:
   This document extends Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS)
   described in [draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-00] to support the shadow
   databases.

   The shadow database schema SHALL be backwards compatible with the
   Network Information Service [NIS] but stored within [X.500] entries
   so that it may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access
   Protocol [RFC4510].

   A shadow database extends user login accounts with credential policy
   data.

   This document represents shadow database entries as an extended set
   of attributes that may be applied to both passwd and group database
   entries for the management of consistent password policies.

   This document describes configuration maps [draft-bannister-dbis-
   mapping-00] for shadow databases, and database entries referenced by
   those maps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bannister-dbis-policy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-policy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/