Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:28:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IANA Registries for BGP Extended Communities
	Author(s)       : Eric C. Rosen
                          Yakov Rekhter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-08-22

Abstract:
   This document reorganizes the IANA Registries for the type values and
   sub-type values of BGP Extended Communities attribute and the BGP
   IPv6-Address-Specific Extended Communities attribute.  This is done
   in order to remove inter-dependencies among the registries, thus
   making it easier for IANA to determine which codepoints are available
   for assignment in which registries.  This document also clarifies the
   information that must be provided to IANA when requesting an
   allocation from one or more of these registries.  These changes are
   compatible with the existing allocations, and thus do not affect
   protocol implementations.  The changes will however impact the "IANA
   Considerations" sections of future protocol specifications.  This
   document updates RFCs 4360 and 5701.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/