Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:56:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Session Identifier for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Hadriel Kaplan
	Filename        : draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-08-01

Abstract:
   This RFC, which contains the text of an individual Internet Draft
   that was submitted originally to the DISPATCH Working Group, is
   being published now as an Informational document to provide a
   reference for later RFCs.  The mechanism defined in this document
   has been widely deployed, and is being followed in a backward-
   compatible fashion for a new Standards Track RFC in the INSIPID
   Working Group.  The original Abstract follows.

   There is a need for having a globally unique session identifier for
   the same SIP session, which can be consistently maintained across
   Proxies, B2BUAs and other SIP middle-boxes, for the purpose of
   Troubleshooting.  This draft proposes a new SIP header to carry such
   a value: Session-ID.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kaplan-insipid-session-id-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/