Subject: I-D Action: draft-sweet-uri-zoneid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:55:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Address Literals and Uniform Resource Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Michael Sweet
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-sweet-uri-zoneid-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-08-27

Abstract:
   This document describes how the zone identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address, defined as <zone_id> in the IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture
   (RFC 4007), can be represented in a literal IPv6 address and in a
   Uniform Resource Identifier that includes such a literal address.  It
   updates the URI Generic Syntax specification (RFC 3986) accordingly.

   [ Editor's note: This draft adds the IPvFuture format used by CUPS
   since 2005, addresses some misconceptions of how zoneid's are not
   useful to HTTP servers, and is intended to replace RFC 6874. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-uri-zoneid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sweet-uri-zoneid-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/