Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:33:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS
	Author(s)       : Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-08-15

Abstract:
   48-bit Extended Unique Identifiers (EUI-48) and 64-bit Extended
   Unique Identifiers (EUI-64) are address formats specified by the IEEE
   for use in various layer-2 networks, e.g.  Ethernet.

   This document describes two new DNS resource record types, EUI48 and
   EUI64, for encoding Ethernet addresses in the DNS.

   This document describes potentially severe privacy implications
   resulting from indiscriminate publication of link-layer addresses in
   the DNS.  This document recommends that EUI-48 or EUI-64 addresses
   SHOULD NOT be published in the public DNS.  This document specifies
   an interoperable encoding of these address types for use in private
   DNS namespaces, where the privacy concerns can be constrained and
   mitigated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/