Subject: I-D Action: draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 05:15:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Procedure for Cautious Delegation of a DNS Name
	Author(s)       : Olaf Kolkman
                          Andrew Sullivan
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-08-01

Abstract:
   NOTE: The authors recognize that the statistical models that would
   inform the process are not well understood and that the possibilities
   to game the system might be unmountable.  Unless we reach more
   insights on how to deal with this details this work is abandoned.

   Sometimes, a DNS name is known to be in use in the wild even though
   it was never properly delegated.  This situation appears
   particularly, but not only, true in certain domains near the root of
   the tree: people have independently used those non-existent top-level
   domains as private namespaces.  If those names are to be delegated in
   the public DNS, prudence dictates that collisions between the private
   uses and the public use be minimized.  We outline a procedure to
   evaluate the harm of delegation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kolkman-cautious-delegation-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/