Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:38:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter
	Author(s)       : Tina Tsou
                          Ruibing Hao
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-08-05

Abstract:
   Message redirection is a basic capability provided by the Diameter
   base protocol.  In its conventional form, message redirection is
   performed by an application-independent "redirect agent", which
   returns one or more individual hosts to the message sender as
   possible destinations of the redirected message.

   However, in some circumstances an operator may wish to redirect
   messages to an alternate domain without specifying individual hosts.
   This document specifies an application-specific mechanism by which
   that can be achieved.  New applications may incorporate this
   capability by reference to the present document.

   Because the redirection mechanism is application-specific, it must be
   performed by a Diameter server or proxy rather than a basic redirect
   agent as defined in the Diameter base protocol.  A new term, "Realm-
   based Redirect Server", is introduced in this document to
   differentiate the application-specific nature of realm-based
   redirection from the conventional Diameter redirection performed by a
   basic redirect agent.

   This memo updates Sections 6.13 and 6.14 of RFC6733 with respect to
   the usage of the Redirect-Host-Usage and Redirect-Max-Cache-Time
   AVPs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/