Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:19:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2.0
	Author(s)       : Mike Belshe
                          Roberto Peon
                          Martin Thomson
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-06.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2013-08-21

Abstract:
   This specification describes an optimized expression of the syntax of
   the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  The HTTP/2.0 encapsulation
   enables more efficient use of network resources and reduced
   perception of latency by allowing header field compression and
   multiple concurrent messages on the same connection.  It also
   introduces unsolicited push of representations from servers to
   clients.

   This document is an alternative to, but does not obsolete the
   HTTP/1.1 message format or protocol.  HTTP's existing semantics
   remain unchanged.

   This version of the draft has been marked for implementation.
   Interoperability testing will occur in the HTTP/2.0 interim in
   Seatle, US, starting 2013-10-09.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/