Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 09:23:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Home Networking Architecture for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Tim Chown
                          Jari Arkko
                          Anders Brandt
                          Ole Troan
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2013-08-01

Abstract:
   This text describes evolving networking technology within
   increasingly large residential home networks.  The goal of this
   document is to define a general architecture for IPv6-based home
   networking, describing the associated principles, considerations and
   requirements.  The text briefly highlights specific implications of
   the introduction of IPv6 for home networking, discusses the elements
   of the architecture, and suggests how standard IPv6 mechanisms and
   addressing can be employed in home networking.  The architecture
   describes the need for specific protocol extensions for certain
   additional functionality.  It is assumed that the IPv6 home network
   is not actively managed, and runs as an IPv6-only or dual-stack
   network.  There are no recommendations in this text for the IPv4 part
   of the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-arch-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/