Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:18:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CUSAX: Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
                          Peter Saint-Andre
                          Enrico Marocco
	Filename        : draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes suggested practices for combined use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP).  Such practices aim to provide a single
   fully featured real-time communication service by using complementary
   subsets of features from each of the protocols.  Typically such
   subsets would include telephony capabilities from SIP and instant
   messaging and presence capabilities from XMPP.  This specification
   does not define any new protocols or syntax for either SIP or XMPP.
   However, implementing the practices outlined in this document may
   require modifying or at least reconfiguring existing client and
   server-side software.  Also, it is not the purpose of this document
   to make recommendations as to whether or not such combined use should
   be preferred to the mechanisms provided natively by each protocol
   (for example, SIP's SIMPLE or XMPP's Jingle).  It merely aims to
   provide guidance to those who are interested in such a combined use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/