Subject: I-D Action: draft-zimmermann-tcpm-rfc4653bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:35:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving the Robustness of TCP to Non-Congestion Events
	Author(s)       : Alexander Zimmermann
                          Sumitha Bhandarkar
                          A. L. Narasimha Reddy
                          Mark Allman
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-tcpm-rfc4653bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-08-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies Non-Congestion Robustness (NCR) for TCP.  In
   the absence of explicit congestion notification from the network, TCP
   uses loss as an indication of congestion.  One of the ways TCP
   detects loss is using the arrival of three duplicate acknowledgments.
   However, this heuristic is not always correct, notably in the case
   when network paths reorder segments (for whatever reason), resulting
   in degraded performance.  TCP-NCR is designed to mitigate this
   degraded performance by increasing the number of duplicate
   acknowledgments required to trigger loss recovery, based on the
   current state of the connection, in an effort to better disambiguate
   true segment loss from segment reordering.  This document specifies
   the changes to TCP, as well as the costs and benefits of these
   modifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-rfc4653bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-rfc4653bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/