Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-ncrg-network-design-complexity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:42:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Complexity Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network Design Complexity Measurement and Tradeoffs
	Author(s)       : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-irtf-ncrg-network-design-complexity-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-08-30

Abstract:
   Network architecture revolves around the concept of fitting the
   design of a network to its purpose; of asking the question, "what
   network will best fit these needs?"  A part of fitting network design
   to requirements is the problem of complexity, an idea often
   informally measured using intuition and subjective experience.  When
   would adding a particular protocol, policy, or configuration be "too
   complex?"  This document suggests a series of continuums along which
   network complexity might be measured.  No suggestions are made on how
   to measure complexity for each of these continuums; this is left for
   future documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-ncrg-network-design-complexity

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-ncrg-network-design-complexity-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/