Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 01:59:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Microloop prevention by introducting a local convergence delay
	Author(s)       : Stephane Litkowski
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Pierre Francois
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-08-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for link-state routing protocols
   to prevent a subset of transient loops during topology changes.  It
   introduces a two-step convergence by introducing a delay between the
   network wide convergence and the node advertising the failure.  As
   the network wide convergence is delayed in case of down events, this
   mechanism can be used for planned maintenance or for unplanned outage
   provided a fast reroute mechanism is used in conjunction to convert a
   failure into a less urgent topology change.

   Simulation using real network topologies and costs, with pathological
   convergence behaviour, have been performed.  While the proposed
   mechanism does not provide a complete solution, it is simple and it
   solves an interesting fraction of the transient loops in the analyzed
   SP topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/