Subject: I-D Action: draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:12:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Encoding of Data Structure (DS) in the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
	Author(s)       : Dhruv Dhody
                          Udayasree Palle
	Filename        : draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-08-20

Abstract:
   The ability to compute shortest constrained Traffic Engineering Label
   Switched Paths (TE LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has been
   identified as a key requirement for point-to-point (P2P) and point-
   to-multipoint (P2MP) scenarios.  Backward-Recursive Path Computation
   (BRPC) [RFC5441] defines Virtual Shortest Path Tree (VSPT) as a
   default de-facto data structure for path reply message in inter-
   domain scenarios.

   As Path Computation Element (PCE) will get used in newer scenarios
   like inter-domain, protection, P2MP etc.  As well as PCE is being
   explored to be used in Cross Stratrum Optimization (CSO) environment
   (see [CSO-PCE]) as well as in [ABNO].  Limiting PCE communication
   Protocol (PCEP) to just one data structure limits the usage of PCEP.
   Its important to keep PCEP generic enough to use differnt data
   structure and apply different algorithms.

   This document defines extensions to the PCEP to allow multiple data
   structures.  Extensions are defined for PCE to indicate the set of
   Data Structure (DS) it supports; also Path Computation Client (PCC)
   or PCE can indicate in a path computation request the required DS,
   and a PCE can report in a path computation reply the Data Structure
   that was used in the path reply message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dhody-pce-pcep-ds-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/