Subject: I-D Action: draft-groves-clue-multi-content-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:14:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Describing Captures in CLUE and relation to multipoint conferencing
	Author(s)       : Christian Groves
                          Weiwei Yang
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-groves-clue-multi-content-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-08-11

Abstract:
   In a multipoint Telepresence conference, there are more than two
   sites participating.  Additional complexity is required to enable
   media streams from each participant to show up on the displays of the
   other participants.  Common policies to address the multipoint case
   include "site-switch" and "segment-switch".  The document will
   discuss these policies as well as the "composed" policy and how they
   work in the multipoint case.

   The current CLUE framework document contains the "composed" and
   "switched" attributes to describe situations where a capture is mix
   or composition of streams or where the capture represents a dynamic
   subset of streams.  "Composed" and "switched" are capture level
   attributes.  In addition to these attributes the framework defines an
   attribute "Scene-switch-policy" on a capture scene entry (CSE) level
   which indicates how the captures are switched.

   This draft discusses composition/switching in CLUE and makes a number
   of proposals to better define and support these capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-clue-multi-content

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-groves-clue-multi-content-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/