Subject: I-D Action: draft-morton-ippm-registry-pdv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:56:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Registry Investigation for IPPM Packet Delay Variation Metrics
	Author(s)       : Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-morton-ippm-registry-pdv-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-08-27

Abstract:
   This memo investigates a scheme to organize registry entries,
   primarily those defined in RFCs prepared in the IP Performance
   Metrics (IPPM) Working Group of the IETF.  Three aspects make IPPM
   metric registration difficult: (1) Use of the Type-P notion to allow
   users to specify their own packet types. (2) Use of Flexible input
   variables, called Parameters in IPPM definitions, some which
   determine the quantity measured and others which should not be
   specified until execution of the measurement. (3) Allowing
   flexibility in choice of statistics to summarize the results on a
   stream of measurement packets.  Specifically, this memo investigates
   registry entries that would follow from RFC 3393, the specification
   IP Packet Delay Variation that allows for many different forms of
   unique metrics, as a difficult and important test of the registry
   structure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-morton-ippm-registry-pdv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-ippm-registry-pdv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/