Subject: I-D Action: draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:58:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Topology API Use Cases
	Author(s)       : Jan Medved
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
                          Shane Amante
	Filename        : draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-08-16

Abstract:
   This document describes use cases for gathering routing, forwarding
   and policy information, (hereafter referred to as topology
   information), about the network.  It describes several applications
   that need to view the topology of the underlying physical or logical
   network.  This document further demonstrates a need for a "Topology
   Manager" and related functions that collects topology data from
   network elements and other data sources, coalesces the collected data
   into a coherent view of the overall network topology, and normalizes
   the network topology view for use by clients -- namely, applications
   that consume topology information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-amante-irs-topology-use-cases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/