Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanrein-6bed4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 22:44:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6bed4: Peer-to-Peer IPv6 on Any Internetwork
	Author(s)       : Rick van Rein
	Filename        : draft-vanrein-6bed4-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-07-29

Abstract:
   The purpose of 6bed4 is to support IPv6-only applications, even on
   IPv4-only networks.  A specific area of concern is that of peer-to-
   peer protocols such as SIP or document exchange during a chat
   session.  Such protocols are designed to run in any environment,
   which means that they cannot rely on IPv6 for themselves, or for
   their peers.  The 6bed4 tunnel mechanism ensures that IPv6 can be
   assumed on all peers.

   The 6bed4 mechanism is meant as a fallback mechanism for IPv6
   connectivity on networks that do not support it natively, by running
   a tunnel over UDP and IPv4.  The IPv4 address is used to support
   traceability of the traffic originator, which means that no user
   account or other configuration is needed.

   The tunnel mechanism encapsulates IPv6 in UDP/IPv4 and builds on
   existing IPv6 mechanisms; it employs Stateless Address
   Autoconfiguration [RFC4862] to setup an IPv6 address on a 6bed4 Peer,
   and Neighbor Discovery [RFC4861] to find the most direct route to a
   remote 6bed4 Peer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanrein-6bed4

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanrein-6bed4-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/