Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:10:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 External Data Representation Standard (XDR) Description
	Author(s)       : Thomas Haynes
                          David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-18.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2013-08-16

Abstract:
   The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed filesystem
   protocol which owes its heritage to NFS protocol version 2, RFC 1094,
   and version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4
   protocol supports traditional file access, while integrating support
   for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for
   strong security (and its negotiation), compound operations, client
   caching, and internationalization have been added.  Of course,
   attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an
   Internet environment.

   RFC3530bis formally obsoleting RFC 3530.  This document, together
   with RFC3530bis replaces RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS
   version 4 protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/