Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:02:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CUSAX: Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
                          Peter Saint-Andre
                          Enrico Marocco
	Filename        : draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-08.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-09-28

Abstract:
   This document suggests some strategies for the combined use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP).  Such strategies aim to provide a single
   fully featured real-time communication service by using complementary
   subsets of features from each of the protocols.  Typically such
   subsets would include telephony capabilities from SIP and instant
   messaging and presence capabilities from XMPP.  This document does
   not define any new protocols or syntax for either SIP or XMPP, and by
   intent it does not attempt to standardize "best current practices".
   However, implementing the suggested strategies outlined in this
   document may require modifying or at least reconfiguring existing
   client and server-side software.  Also, it is not the purpose of this
   document to make recommendations as to whether or not such combined
   use should be preferred to the mechanisms provided natively by each
   protocol (for example, SIP's SIMPLE or XMPP's Jingle.  It merely aims
   to provide guidance to those who are interested in such a combined
   use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/