Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 16:08:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transaction SIGnature (TSIG) using CGA Algorithm in IPv6
	Author(s)       : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Martin von Loewis
                          Christoph Meinel
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-09-08

Abstract:
   The first step in the Transaction SIGnature (TSIG) (RFC 2845) process
   is the generation of a shared secret to be used between a DNS server
   and a host. The second step consists of modifying the DNS
   configuration so that the DNS server will know what key to use with
   which host, because this shared secret is only valid between a pair
   of hosts. This document, CGA-TSIG, proposes a possible way to
   eliminate the human intervention needed for the generation and
   exchange of keys between a DNS server and a host when SEcure Neighbor
   Discovery (SeND) (RFC 3971) is used. CGA-TSIG will facilitate the
   authentication process of a host with a DNS server and will reduce
   the time needed to accomplish DNS Updates. It will also provide a
   means for securing the authentication process between resolvers and
   clients. CGA-TSIG will be added, as an extension, to TSIG in order to
   provide data integrity and proof of IP address ownership. The current
   signature generation and verification process used in TSIG will be
   substituted with the use of the same parameters as are used in
   generating a secure address in IPv6 networks, i.e., Cryptographically
   Generated Addresses (CGA) (RFC 3972).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/