Subject: I-D Action: draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 23:53:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCP Option for IPTV Source address
	Author(s)       : Ramakanth Josyula
	Filename        : draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-09-22

Abstract:
   Internet Protocol Television(IPTV) is a system facilitating
   transmission of television channels as multicast streams use
   dedicated multicast group addresses in IP networks.Internet Group
   Multicast Protocol(IGMP) is widely used for the communication between
   the hosts and routers to deliver these multicast streams.It is also
   possible for the networks to distinguish these multicast streams not
   only by their destination multicast group but also by the source IP
   address of the streams.In IGMP version-3 implementation,the networks
   can deliver the multicast traffic to the hosts from the specific
   multicast sources requested by the users.This needs a mechanism to
   supply the available multicast source address information to the
   hosts and the hosts also should be strictly implemented with IGMPv3
   client. This document describes a new DHCP option which can addresses
   these issues.In addition to this,the document also describes about
   the advantages in the networks by implementing this option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josyula-dhc-multicast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/