Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-linkadapt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:19:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Path MTU Interactions With Link Adaptation
	Author(s)       : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-linkadapt-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-09-09

Abstract:
   IPv6 intentionally deprecates fragmentation by routers in the
   network.  Instead, links with restricting Maximum Transmission Units
   (MTUs) must either drop each too-large packet and return an ICMPv6
   Packet Too Big (PTB) message or perform link-specific fragmentation
   and reassembly (also known as "link adaptation") at a layer below
   IPv6.  This latter category of links is often performance-challenged
   to accommodate steady-state link adaptation.  This document therefore
   proposes an update to the base IPv6 specification to better
   accommodate links that require link-specific adaptation to meet the
   IPv6 minimum MTU of 1280 bytes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-linkadapt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-6man-linkadapt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/