Subject: I-D Action: draft-malbrain-tls-strong-authentication-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:14:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement: Deployment of TLS Strong Authentication
	Author(s)       : Karl Malbrain
	Filename        : draft-malbrain-tls-strong-authentication-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-09-23

Abstract:
   The security provided by authenticated TLS connection between
   clients and servers should protect both parties from "Man-in-
   the-Middle" (MITM) attacks.  Clients should be authenticating
   that their server connection is to the server they requested.

   Servers that act as client agents need to authenticate that
   the connection is directly to their client secure against
   eavesdropping or account/password hacking.

   An extension to the Domain Name System (DNS), The DNS-Based
   Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) (RFC 6698), allows TLS
   servers to publish their public certificates for use by TLS
   clients to authenticate the server connection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-malbrain-tls-strong-authentication

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-malbrain-tls-strong-authentication-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-malbrain-tls-strong-authentication-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/