Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-chaining-design-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 02:03:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Function Chaining: Design Considerations, Analysis & Recommendations
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Ron Parker
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-chaining-design-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-09-02

Abstract:
   The objectives of this document are to analyze the various design
   options, and provide a set of recommendations to be followed during
   the design phase of the Service Function Chaining solution(s).  Note:

   o  The analysis does not claim to be exhaustive.  The list includes a
      preliminary set of potential solutions; other proposals can be
      added to the analysis if required.

   o  The analysis is still ongoing.  The analysis text will be updated
      to integrate received comments and inputs.

   o  Sketched recommendations are not frozen.  These recommendations
      are provided as proposals to kick-off the discussion and to
      challenge them.

   o  The analysis does not cover any application-specific solution
      (e.g., HTTP header) because of the potential issues inherent to
      (TLS) encrypted traffic.

   o  The analysis will be updated to take into account the full set of
      SFC requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-chaining-design-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-chaining-design-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/