Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:53:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ForCES Model Extension
	Author(s)       : Evangelos Haleplidis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-09-25

Abstract:
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model provides a formal way to represent the capabilities,
   state, and configuration of forwarding elements within the context of
   the ForCES protocol, so that control elements (CEs) can control the
   FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model describes the logical
   functions that are present in an FE, what capabilities these
   functions support, and how these functions are or can be
   interconnected.

   RFC5812 has been around for two years and experience in its use has
   shown room for small extensions without a need to alter the protocol
   while retaining backward compatibility with older xml libraries.
   This document extends the model to allow complex datatypes for
   metadata, optional default values for datatypes and optional access
   types for structures.  The document also introduces three new
   features, bitmap as a new datatype, a new event condition
   BecomesEqualTo and LFB properties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-model-extension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/