Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 05:36:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LLN Fragment Forwarding and Recovery
	Author(s)       : Pascal Thubert
                          Jonathan W. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-09-09

Abstract:
   In order to be routed, a fragmented packet must be reassembled at
   every hop of a multihop link where lower layer fragmentation occurs.
   Considering that the IPv6 minimum MTU is 1280 bytes and that an an
   802.15.4 frame can have a payload limited to 74 bytes in the worst
   case, a packet might end up fragmented into as many as 18 fragments
   at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those fragments is
   lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent, further
   contributing to the congestion that might have caused the initial
   packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to forward and
   recover individual fragments that might be lost over multiple hops
   between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/