Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-tcpm-sno-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:29:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The TCP Service Number Option (SNO)
	Author(s)       : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-sno-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-09-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TCP option for service numbers. The
   current SYN destination port is used both to indicate the desired
   service and as a connection demultiplexing field. This option
   separates those two functions, retaining the current destination
   port solely for demultiplexing and indicating the service separately
   in a service number option (SNO). By decoupling these two functions,
   SNO allows a larger number of concurrent connections for a single
   service, as might be useful between fixed addresses of proxies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-sno

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-sno-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/