Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:07:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Multicast in a 6rd Deployment
	Author(s)       : B. Sarikaya
                          Tina Tsou
                          Hui Ji
                          Cathy Zhou
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-09-11

Abstract:
   This memo specifies 6rd's multicast component so that IPv6 hosts can
   receive multicast data from IPv6 servers.  In the 6rd encapsulation
   solution, multicast communication is completely integrated into the
   6rd tunnel.  In the 6rd translation solution, the protocol is based
   on proxying MLD at the 6rd Customer Edge router interworking the MLD
   messages to IGMP messages and sending them upstream through a network
   which supports IPv4 multicast.  The 6rd Border Relay is a multicast
   router and interworks the IGMP to MLD for onward propasgation toward
   the IPv6 multicast source.  IPv6 Multicast data received at 6rd
   Border Relay is translated into IPv4 multicast data and and delivered
   through the IPv4 multicast tree downstream to the 6rd Customer Edge.
   The latter translates it back to IPv6 multicast data then delivers it
   to the hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-6rdmulticast-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/