Subject: I-D Action: draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:35:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : P6R's Secure Shell Public Key Subsystem
	Author(s)       : Mark Joseph
                          Jim Susoy
	Filename        : draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-09-30

Abstract:
   The Secure Shell Public Key Subsystem protocol defines a key distribution
   protocol to provision an SSH server with user's public keys.  However,
   that protocol is limited to provisioning an SSH server.   This document
   describes a new protocol that builds on the protocol defined in RFC 4819
   to allow the provisioning of keys and certificates to a server using the
   SSH transport.

   The new protocol allows the calling client to organize
   keys and certificates in different namespaces on a server.  These
   namespaces can be used by the server to allow a client to configure
   any application running on the server (e.g., SSH, KMIP, SNMP).

   The new protocol provides a server-independent mechanism for clients
   to add public keys, remove public keys, add certificates, remove
   certificates, and list the current set of keys and certificates known by
   the server by namespace (e.g., list all public keys in the SSH
   namespace).

   Rights to manage keys and certificates in a specific namespace are
   specific and limited to the authorized user and are defined as part of
   the server's implementation.   The described protocol is backward
   compatible to version 2 defined by RFC 4819.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-joseph-pkix-p6rsshextension-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/