Subject: I-D Action: draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:12:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Reliable Virtualized Network Function (VNF)
	Author(s)       : Ning Zong
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Melinda Shore
	Filename        : draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-09-05

Abstract:
   Virtualization technology has been widely supported by both Network
   Operators and Data Center providers to provide service with reduced
   operational and capital costs, automated deployment, and enhanced
   elasticity.  A challenge is how to achieve the reliability and high
   availability capabilities of the virtualized network function to
   facilitate reliable service.

   This document focuses on the problems related to the reliability and
   high availability aspects of virtualized network function.  A
   discussion of reliable virtualized network function pools is
   presented for scoping solution purpose.  Some related works together
   with potential reuse and extension are also introduced.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/