Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:16:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The Perfect Passive Adversary: A Threat Model for the Evaluation of Protocols under Pervasive Surveillance
	Author(s)       : Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-09-04

Abstract:
   This document elaborates a threat model for the Perfect Passive
   Adversary (PPA): an adversary with an interest in eavesdropping that
   can passively observe network traffic at every layer at every point
   in the network between the endpoints.  It is intended to demonstrate
   to protocol designers and implementors the observability and
   inferability of information and metainformation transported over
   their respective protocols, to assist in the evaluation of the
   performance of these protocols and the effectiveness of their
   protection mechanisms under pervasive passive surveillance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/