Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:31:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Radia Perlman
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-09-16

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) IS-IS application sub-TLV that enables the reporting by a
   TRILL switch of sets of addresses such that all of the addresses in
   each set designate the same interface (port). For example, an EUI-48
   MAC (Extended Unique Identifier 48-bit, Media Access Control)
   address, IPv4 address, and IPv6 address can be reported as all
   corresponding to the same interface. Such information could be use in
   some cases to synthesize responses to or by-pass the need for the
   Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND)
   protocol, or the flooding of unknown MAC addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eastlake-trill-ia-appsubtlv-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/