Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhalevy-nfsv4-flex-files-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 22:30:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible Files Layout
	Author(s)       : Benny Halevy
	Filename        : draft-bhalevy-nfsv4-flex-files-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2013-10-19

Abstract:
   Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File System version 4 (NFSv4) to
   allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by the
   NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
   increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
   client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent on
   the class of storage used, a.k.a. the Layout Type.  The main pNFS
   operations and data types in NFSv4 Minor version 1 specify a layout-
   type-independent layer; layout-type-specific information is conveyed
   using opaque data structures whose internal structure is further
   defined by the particular layout type specification.  This document
   specifies the NFSv4.1 Flexible Files pNFS Layout as a companion to
   the main NFSv4 Minor version 1 specification for use of pNFS with
   Data Servers over NFSv4 or higher minor versions using flexible, per-
   file striping topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhalevy-nfsv4-flex-files

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhalevy-nfsv4-flex-files-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bhalevy-nfsv4-flex-files-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/