Subject: I-D Action: draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 07:53:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PBS NSLP: Network Traffic Authorization
	Author(s)       : Se Gi Hong
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-04.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2013-10-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the NSIS Signaling Layer protocol (NSLP) for
   network traffic authorization on the Internet, the Permission-Based
   Sending (PBS) NSLP.  This NSLP aims to prevent Denial-of-Service
   (DoS) attacks and other forms of unauthorized traffic.  PBS NSLP is
   based on a hybrid approach: a proactive approach of explicitly
   granting permissions and a reactive approach of monitoring and
   countering attacks.  Signaling installs and maintains the permission
   state of routers for a data flow.  A monitoring mechanism provides a
   second line of defense against attacks.  PBS NSLP uses two security
   mechanisms: message security for protecting the integrity of the
   message on end-to-end traffic and channel security for protecting the
   integrity and confidentiality between adjacent nodes.  To
   authenticate data packets, the PBS NSLP requests a sender to use an
   existing security protocol, the IPsec Authentication Header (AH).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hong-nsis-pbs-nslp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/