Subject: I-D Action: draft-xia-vsnpool-management-use-case-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:23:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Use cases and Requirements for Virtual Service Node Pool Management
	Author(s)       : Liang Xia
                          Qin Wu
                          Daniel King
                          Hidetoshi Yokota
	Filename        : draft-xia-vsnpool-management-use-case-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   Network edge appliances such as subscriber termination, firewalls,
   tunnel switching, intrusion detection, and routing are currently
   provided using dedicated network function hardware.  As network
   function is migrated from dedicated hardware platforms into a
   virtualized environment, a set of use cases with application specific
   requirements begin to emerge.  These use cases and requirements cover
   a broad range of capability and objectives, which will require
   detailed investigation and documentation in order to identify
   relevant architecture, protocol and procedure solutions.

   This document provides an analysis of the key management requirements
   for applications that may be hosted within a virtualized environment.
   These engineering requirements are based on a variety of uses cases
   and goals , which include: virtual application security, reliability,
   scalability, performance, operation and automation.

   Note that this document is not intended to provide or recommend
   protocol solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xia-vsnpool-management-use-case

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xia-vsnpool-management-use-case-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xia-vsnpool-management-use-case-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/