Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-trytls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:42:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Optimistic Encryption using TLS Signaling in the DNS
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-trytls-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2013-10-15

Abstract:
   Many Internet servers offer content in two transports: unencrypted,
   and encrypted with TLS.  A user who accesses some content with a URL
   that indicates unencrypted (such as "http:") might prefer to get the
   content encrypted but doesn't bother to change the URL to indicate
   this.  This proposal allows Internet clients, particularly web
   clients and mail user agents, to do a DNS lookup to see whether they
   might expect content for a particular host to also be available under
   TLS.  Using the DNS for this is much faster than attempting a TLS
   session that might time out or take many round trips in order to
   discover that the content is not available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-trytls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-trytls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoffman-trytls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/