Subject: I-D Action: draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 21:26:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Generalized Label for Super-Channel Assignment on Flexible Grid
	Author(s)       : Iftekhar Hussain
                          Zhong Pan
                          Marco Sosa
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Abinder Dhillon
	Filename        : draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-08

Abstract:
   To enable scaling of existing transport systems to ultra high data
   rates of 1 Tbps and beyond, next generation systems providing super-
   channel switching capability are currently being developed. To allow
   efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for such high bit
   rate systems, International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) is extending the
   G.694.1 grid standard (termed "Fixed-Grid") to include flexible grid
   (termed "Flex-Grid") support (draft revised ITU-T G.694.1, revision
   1.4, Oct 2011). This necessitates definition of new label format for
   the Flex-Grid. This document defines a super-channel label as a
   Super-Channel Identifier and an associated list of 12.5 GHz slices
   representing the optical spectrum of the super-channel. The label
   information can be encoded using a fixed length or variable length
   format. This label format can be used in GMPLS signaling and routing
   protocol to establish super-channel based optical label switched
   paths (LSPs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hussain-ccamp-super-channel-label-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/