Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:41:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Home Network Naming Delegation
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
                          Wouter Cloetens
                          Chris Griffiths
                          Ralf Weber
	Filename        : draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   CPEs are designed to provide IP connectivity to home networks.  Most
   CPEs assigns IP addresses to the nodes of the home network which
   makes it a good candidate for hosting the naming service.  With IPv6,
   the naming service makes nodes reachable from the home network as
   well as from the Internet.

   However, CPEs have not been designed to host such a naming service
   exposed on the Internet.  This MAY expose the CPEs to resource
   exhaustion which would make the home network unreachable, and most
   probably would also affect the home network inner communications.

   In addition, DNSSEC management and configuration may not be well
   understood or mastered by regular end users.  Misconfiguration MAY
   also results in naming service disruption, thus these end users MAY
   prefer to rely on third party naming providers.

   This document describes a homenet naming architecture where the CPEs
   manage the DNS zone associates to its home network, and outsource
   both DNSSEC management and naming service on the Internet to a third
   party designated as the Public Authoritative Servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/