Subject: I-D Action: draft-moreiras-v6ops-rfc3849bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:52:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Address Prefixes Reserved for Documentation
	Author(s)       : Antonio Marcos Moreiras
                          Edwin Cordeiro
                          Rodrigo Santos
                          Arturo Servin
                          Alejandro Acosta
	Filename        : draft-moreiras-v6ops-rfc3849bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   [RFC3849] specified an IPv6 prefix to be used in documentation, in
   order to reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion when
   relating examples of deployed systems.  This prefix was reserved to
   be used in examples in RFCs, books, documentation, and the like.  It
   became widely accepted and used.

   Although the IPv6 documentation prefix proved to be very useful, a /
   32 prefix is not enough to be used to document some kinds of IPv6
   deployments, such as large ISP deployments, transition techniques,
   and other useful examples that require longer prefixes.  This
   document defines the allocation of a new global unicast (GUA) block
   and a new unique local (ULA) block, to expand the range of
   documentation blocks.  It also updates [RFC3849].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moreiras-v6ops-rfc3849bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moreiras-v6ops-rfc3849bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moreiras-v6ops-rfc3849bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/