Subject: I-D Action: draft-seedorf-cdni-fci-alto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:26:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CDNI Footprint and Capabilities Advertisement using ALTO
	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
                          Y.R. Yang
	Filename        : draft-seedorf-cdni-fci-alto-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Network Service Providers (NSPs) are currently considering to deploy
   Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) within their networks.  As a
   consequence of this development, there is a need for interconnecting
   these local CDNs.  The necessary interfaces for inter-connecting CDNs
   are currently being defined in the Content Delivery Networks
   Interconnection (CDNI) WG.  This document focuses on the CDNI
   Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement interface (FCI).
   Specifically, this document outlines how the solutions currently
   being defined in the Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) WG
   can facilitate Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement in a CDNI
   context, i.e. how the CDNI FCI can be realised with the ALTO
   protocol.  Concrete examples of how ALTO can be integrated within
   CDNI request routing and in particular in the process of selecting a
   downstream CDN are given.  The examples in this document are based on
   the use cases and examples currently being discussed in the CDNI WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seedorf-cdni-fci-alto

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seedorf-cdni-fci-alto-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/