Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-packet-sequence-needed-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:04:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Packet Sequence Number Needed
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          William Jouris
                          Keven Haining
                          Sigfrido Perdomo
	Filename        : draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-packet-sequence-needed-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-10-03

Abstract:
   To diagnose performance and connectivity problems, metrics on real
   (non-synthetic) transmission are critical for timely end-to-end
   problem resolution. Such diagnostics may be real-time or after the
   fact, but must not impact an operational production network. The base
   metrics are: packet sequence number and packet timestamp.  Metrics
   derived from these will be described separately. This document
   provides the background and rationale for the packet sequence number
   which is a part of the IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics
   Destination Option (PDM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-packet-sequence-needed

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-packet-sequence-needed-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-packet-sequence-needed-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/