Subject: I-D Action: draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 08:33:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Function Chaining Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Paul Quinn
                          Jim Guichard
                          Surendra Kumar
                          Puneet Agarwal
                          Rajeev Manur
                          Abhishek Chauhan
                          Nic Leymann
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Michael Smith
                          Navindra Yadav
                          Uri Elzur
                          Thomas Nadeau
                          Ken Gray
                          Brad McConnell
                          Kevin Glavin
	Filename        : draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-19

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of the issues associated with the
   deployment of services functions (such as firewalls, load balancers)
   in large-scale environments.  The term service function chaining is
   used to describe the deployment of such service functions, and the
   ability of a network operator to specify an ordered list of service
   functions that should be applied to a deterministic set of traffic
   flows.  Such service function chains require integration of service
   policy alongside the deployment of applications, while allowing for
   the optimal utilization of network resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-quinn-sfc-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/