Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-metrics-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:20:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPPM Considerations for the IPv6 PDM Extension Header
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
	Filename        : draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-metrics-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-16

Abstract:
   To diagnose performance and connectivity problems, metrics on real
   (non-synthetic) transmission are critical for timely end-to-end
   problem resolution. Such diagnostics may be real-time or after the
   fact, but must not impact an operational production network. These
   metrics are defined in the IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics
   Destination Option (PDM). The base metrics are: packet sequence
   number and packet timestamp. Other metrics may be derived from these
   for use in diagnostics.  This document specifies such metrics, their
   calculation, and usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-metrics

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-metrics-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-metrics-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/