Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:41:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Threat Model for BGP Path Security
	Author(s)       : Stephen Kent
                          Andrew Chi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-08

Abstract:
   This document describes a threat model for the context in which
   (E)BGP path security mechanisms will be developed.  The threat model
   includes an analysis of the RPKI, and focuses on the ability of an AS
   to verify the authenticity of the AS path info received in a BGP
   update.  We use the term PATHSEC to refer to any BGP path security
   technology that makes use of the RPKI.  PATHSEC will secure BGP
   [RFC4271], consistent with the inter-AS security focus of the RPKI
   [RFC6480].

   The document characterizes classes of potential adversaries that are
   considered to be threats, and examines classes of attacks that might
   be launched against PATHSEC.  It does not revisit attacks against
   unprotected BGP, as that topic has already been addressed in
   [RFC4271].  It concludes with brief discussion of residual
   vulnerabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-threats-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/