Subject: I-D Action: draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:01:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Segment Routing Use Cases
	Author(s)       : Clarence Filsfils
                          Pierre Francois
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Igor Milojevic
                          Rob Shakir
                          Saku Ytti
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Edward Crabbe
	Filename        : draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing and tunneling
   paradigms.  A node steers a packet through a controlled set of
   instructions, called segments, by prepending the packet with an SR
   header.  A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
   service-based.  SR allows to enforce a flow through any topological
   path and service chain while maintaining per-flow state only at the
   ingress node of the SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   dataplane with no change on the forwarding plane.  It requires minor
   extension to the existing link-state routing protocols.  Segment
   Routing can also be applied to IPv6 with a new type of routing
   extension header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/