Subject: I-D Action: draft-iyengar-minion-concept-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:19:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Minion - Service Model and Conceptual API
	Author(s)       : Janardhan Iyengar
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          Josh Graessley
	Filename        : draft-iyengar-minion-concept-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Minion uses TCP-format packets on-the-wire, to provide full
   compatibility with existing NATs, Firewalls, and similar middleboxes,
   but provides a richer set of facilities to the application.  Minion's
   richer facilities include a message-oriented API rather than TCP's
   unstructured byte-stream service model, multiplexing of multiple
   messages (or message streams) on a single connection, interleaving of
   multiplexed messages (to eliminate head-of-line blocking), message
   cancellation, request/reply support, ordered and unordered messages,
   superseding messages, chained messages, multiple priority levels with
   byte-granularity preemption, and DTLS Security.  Minion can be
   implemented entirely as a user-level library, without waiting for any
   special support from OS vendors, and provides immediate benefits to
   application developers.  Additionally, Minion is able to take
   advantage of some simple kernel extensions to provide enhanced
   services that go beyond what is possible with traditional TCP.  These
   kernel extensions are optional, and even without them, Minion offers
   worthwhile benefits to application developers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iyengar-minion-concept

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iyengar-minion-concept-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iyengar-minion-concept-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/