Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernstein-alto-topo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:33:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Topology Service: Uses Cases, Requirements, and Framework
	Author(s)       : Greg M. Bernstein
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-bernstein-alto-topo-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Exposing additional topology information of networks to applications
   and users beyond that of the current ALTO protocol can enable many
   important existing and emerging use cases, and many network providers
   already provide additional information about their networks.  At the
   same time, there is no standard for exposing network topology in a
   manner that provides simplification via abstraction to the
   application layer and information hiding via abstraction to the
   network provider.  In this document, we provide a survey of use-cases
   for extended network topology information, present some initial
   requirements for such services, and then give a framework of how to
   integrate such an extended ALTO topology service with network control
   infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernstein-alto-topo

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernstein-alto-topo-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/