Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:04:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommended Usage of IPv6 PDM Option
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          William Jouris
                          Keven Haining
                          Sigfrido Perdomo
	Filename        : draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-10-03

Abstract:
   To diagnose performance and connectivity problems, metrics on real
   (non-synthetic) transmission are critical for timely end-to-end
   problem resolution. Such diagnostics may be real-time or after the
   fact, but must not impact an operational production network. The base
   metrics are: packet sequence number and packet timestamp.  Metrics
   derived from these will be described separately. This document
   details the recommended usage for the IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic
   Metrics Destination Option (PDM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-v6ops-ipv6-pdm-recommended-usage-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/