Subject: I-D Action: draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:06:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : I2RS Use Cases for Control of Forwarding Path by Central Control Network Element (CCNE)
	Author(s)       : Xiaofeng Ji
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Tieying Huang
	Filename        : draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   With the development of network technologies, more and more
   applications need to have a central control point for the network
   elements in one administrative domain, such central control point is
   a central control network element (CCNE).  CCNE controls the network
   elements in its administrative domain, the type of CCNE can be RR
   Router, PCE Server, or a federation of RR Router and PCE Server, etc.
   CCNE is developed from the traditional network element, which plus
   some I2RS interfaces, can provide both traditional network services
   and I2RS services.

   This document describes requirement and use cases for which I2RS can
   be used for CCNE device.  The use cases described in this document
   encompass: Control IP Network by RR Router, Control MPLS TE Network
   by PCE Server.  The goal is to inform the community's understanding
   of where the I2RS CCNE extensions fit within the overall I2RS
   architecture.  It is intended to provide a basis for the solutions
   draft describing the set of interfaces for the CCNE device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/