Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:08:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Simulcast in RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Suhas Nandakumar
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-03.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same Media Source in independent
   Source Packet Streams.  This is called Simulcast.  This document
   discusses the best way of accomplishing Simulcast in RTP and how to
   signal it in SDP.  A solution is defined by making three extensions
   to SDP, and using RTP/RTCP identification methods to relate RTP
   Source Packet Streams.  The first SDP extension consists of two new
   session level SDP attributes that express capability to send or
   receive Simulcast Source Packet Streams, respectively.  The second
   SDP extension introduces an SDP media level attribute that groups and
   identifies a selected set of media level parameters for a specific
   direction, called a media configuration.  The third SDP extension
   describes how to group such media configurations on SDP session or
   media level for Simulcast purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-avtcore-rtp-simulcast-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/