Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:07:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Fast Open
	Author(s)       : Yuchung Cheng
                          Jerry Chu
                          Sivasankar Radhakrishnan
                          Arvind Jain
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-10-14

Abstract:
   TCP Fast Open (TFO) allows data to be carried in the SYN and SYN-ACK
   packets and consumed by the receiving end during the initial
   connection handshake, thus saving up to one full round trip time
   (RTT) compared to the standard TCP, which requires a three-way
   handshake (3WHS) to complete before data can be exchanged. However
   TFO deviates from the standard TCP semantics; the data in the SYN
   could be replayed to an application in some rare circumstances.
   Applications should not use TFO unless they can tolerate this issue
   detailed in the Applicability section.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/