Subject: I-D Action: draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:35:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Segment Routing with MPLS data plane
	Author(s)       : Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Igor Milojevic
                          Rob Shakir
                          Saku Ytti
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Edward Crabbe
	Filename        : draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can
   represent any instruction, topological or service-based.  SR allows
   to enforce a flow through any topological path and service chain
   while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the SR
   domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   data plane with no change in the forwarding plane.  This drafts
   describes how Segment Routing operates on top of the MPLS data plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/