Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:49:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IODEF Usage Guidance
	Author(s)       : Panos Kampanakis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format [RFC5070] defines a
   data representation that provides a framework for sharing information
   commonly exchanged by Computer Security Incident Response Teams
   (CSIRTs) about computer security incidents.  Since the IODEF model
   includes a wealth of available options that can be used to describe a
   security incident or issue, it can be challenging for implementers to
   develop tools that can Leverage IODEF for incident sharing.  This
   document provides guidelines for IODEF implementers.  It will also
   address how common security indicators can be represented in IODEF.
   The goal of this document is to make IODEF's adoption by vendors
   easier and encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by
   Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) around the world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/