Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:58:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CUSAX: Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
                          Peter Saint-Andre
                          Enrico Marocco
	Filename        : draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-01

Abstract:
   This document suggests some strategies for the combined use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) both in user-oriented clients and in
   deployed servers.  Such strategies, which mainly consist of
   configuration changes and minimal software modifications to existing
   clients and servers, aim to provide a single, full-featured, real-
   time communication service by using complementary subsets of features
   from SIP and from XMPP.  Typically such subsets consist of telephony
   capabilities from SIP and instant messaging and presence capabilities
   from XMPP.  This document does not define any new protocols or syntax
   for either SIP or XMPP, and by intent does not attempt to standardize
   "best current practices".  Instead, it merely aims to provide
   practical guidance to those who are interested in the combined use of
   SIP and XMPP for real-time communication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/