Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-dnsop-flush-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:07:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements for a Mechanism for Remote-Triggered DNS Cache Flushes
	Author(s)       : Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsop-flush-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   Operational calamaties in the DNS happen from time to time, and in
   many cases problems persist due to DNS caching of bad data.  Lacking
   any robust mechanism to signal that bad data has been flushed, the
   operators of DNS authority servers often resort to unauthenticated
   requests for help being sent to mailing lists, the results of which
   are frequently unsatisfying to all concerned.

   This document aims to present requirements for a more robust
   mechanism by which authoritative server operators can signal to
   recursive server operators that bad data has been published, and that
   targetted cache flushes may be beneficial.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsop-flush-reqs

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnsop-flush-reqs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/