Subject: I-D Action: draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:11:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Additional Security Modes for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Ludwig Seitz
                          Goeran Selander
	Filename        : draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   The CoAP draft defines how to use DTLS as security mechanism.  In
   order to establish which nodes are trusted to initiate a DTLS session
   with a device, the following security modes are defined: NoSec,
   PreSharedKey, RawPublicKey, and Certificate.  These modes require
   either to provision a list of keys of trusted clients, or to handle
   heavyweight certificates.  This memo proposes two intermediate
   security modes involving a trusted third party that are very similar
   to PreSharedKey and RawPublicKey respectively, but which do not
   require out-of-band provisioning of client keys to the device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-core-security-modes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-core-security-modes-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/