Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:20:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics Destination Option
	Author(s)       : Nalini Elkins
	Filename        : draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-10-16

Abstract:
   To diagnose performance and connectivity problems, metrics on real
   (non-synthetic) transmission are critical for timely end-to-end
   problem resolution. Such diagnostics may be real-time or after the
   fact, but must not impact an operational production network. The base
   metrics are: packet sequence number and packet timestamp.  Metrics
   derived from these will be described separately. This document solves
   these problems with a new destination option, the Performance and
   Diagnostic Metrics destination option (PDM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkins-6man-ipv6-pdm-dest-option-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/