Subject: I-D Action: draft-hummen-dtls-extended-session-resumption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:05:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended DTLS Session Resumption for Constrained Network Environments
	Author(s)       : Rene Hummen
                          Johannes Gilger
                          Hossein Shafagh
	Filename        : draft-hummen-dtls-extended-session-resumption-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   This draft defines two extensions for the existing session resumption
   mechanisms of TLS that specifically apply to Datagram TLS (DTLS) in
   constrained network environments.  Session resumption type
   negotiation enables the client and the server to explicitly agree on
   the session resumption mechanism for subsequent handshakes, thus
   avoiding unnecessary overheads occurring with the existing
   specifications.  Session resumption without client-side state
   additionally enables a constrained DTLS client to resume a session
   without the need to maintain state while the session is inactive.
   The extensions defined in this draft update [RFC5077] and [RFC5246].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hummen-dtls-extended-session-resumption

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hummen-dtls-extended-session-resumption-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hummen-dtls-extended-session-resumption-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/