Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-perpass-surveillance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:02:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Tackling Pervasive Surveillance or How to improve Security of the Internet?
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-perpass-surveillance-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Surveillance is the observation or monitoring of an individual's
   communications or activities.  Surveillance is one of several privacy
   /security threats engineers try to take into account in their
   designs.  The reports about pervasive monitoring of Internet traffic
   have, however, surprised many since the scale was not envisaged
   during the design of many Internet protocols.  The approach to get
   access to meta-data as well as to communication content has taken
   forms that are largely indistinguishable from ordinary attacks.

   This document explains the attacks in context of the larger Internet
   eco-system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-perpass-surveillance

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-perpass-surveillance-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/