Subject: I-D Action: draft-krishnan-i2rs-large-flow-use-case-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:03:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : I2RS Large Flow Use Case
	Author(s)       : Ram Krishnan
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Dave Mcdysan
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-i2rs-large-flow-use-case-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-13

Abstract:
   Demands on networking bandwidth are growing exponentially due to
   applications such as large file transfers and those with rich media.
   Link Aggregation Group (LAG) and Equal Cost Multipath (ECMP) are
   extensively deployed in networks to scale the bandwidth. However,
   the flow based load balancing techniques used today make inefficient
   use of the bandwidth in the presence of long lived large flows. This
   draft presents a use-case to improve the efficiency under such
   conditions and aims to drive requirements for the I2RS WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-i2rs-large-flow-use-case

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-i2rs-large-flow-use-case-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/