Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:12:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP
	Author(s)       : Rong Zhang
                          Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   CAPWAP ([RFC5416]) defines two tunneling modes for encapsulating data
   frames from stations associated with WLAN: 802.3 Tunnel and 802.11
   Tunnel modes.  This document provides for an alternate tunnel
   encapsulation.  The alternate tunnel encapsulation allows 1) the WTP
   to tunnel non-management data frames to an endpoint different from
   the AC and 2) allows the WTP to tunnel using one of many known
   encapsulation types such as IP-IP, IP-GRE, CAPWAP.  The WTP may
   advertise support for Alternate Tunnel encapsulation during the
   discovery process and AC may select one of the supported Alternate
   Tunnel encapsulate types during the WTP configuration.  Further, the
   AC may configure WTP to enable the alternate tunnel encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/