Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-best-interface-pcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:45:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Improving ICE Interface Selection Using Port Control Protocol (PCP) Flow Extension
	Author(s)       : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Bill VerSteeg
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Varun Singh
	Filename        : draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-best-interface-pcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-10-09

Abstract:
   A host with multiple interfaces needs to choose the best interface
   for communication.  Oftentimes, this decision is based on a static
   configuration and does not consider the link characteristics of that
   interface, which may affect the user experience.

   This document describes a mechanism for an endpoint to query the link
   characteristics from the access router (the router at the other end
   of the endpoint's access link) using a Port Control Protocol (PCP)
   Flow Extension.  This information influences endpoint's Interactive
   Connectivity Establishment (ICE) candidate selection algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-best-interface-pcp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-mmusic-ice-best-interface-pcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/