Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 06:24:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Security Assessment of Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IPv6
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          Ronald P. Bonica
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery is one of the core protocols of the IPv6 suite,
   and provides in IPv6 similar functions to those provided in the IPv4
   protocol suite by the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and the
   Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).  Its increased flexibility
   implies a somewhat increased complexity, which has resulted in a
   number of bugs and vulnerabilities found in popular implementations.
   This document provides guidance in the implementation of Neighbor
   Discovery, and documents issues that have affected popular
   implementations, in the hopes that the same issues do not repeat in
   other implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-nd-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-nd-security-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/