Subject: I-D Action: draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:13:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Flow-state Dependent Packet Selection Techniques
	Author(s)       : Ram Krishnan
                          Ning So
                          Salvatore D'Antonio
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   The demands on the networking infrastructure and thus the
   switch/router bandwidths are growing exponentially; the drivers are
   bandwidth hungry rich media applications, inter data center
   communications etc. Using sampling techniques, for a given sampling
   rate, the amount of samples that need to be processed is increasing
   exponentially especially for applications like security threat
   detection. This draft elaborates on flow-state dependent packet
   selection techniques and the relevant information models. It
   describes how these techniques can be effectively used to reduce the
   number of samples for applications like security threat detection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/