Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcgrew-srtp-aero-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 06:30:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Authenticated Encryption with Replay prOtection (AERO) in SRTP
	Author(s)       : David A. McGrew
                          Dan Wing
                          John Foley
	Filename        : draft-mcgrew-srtp-aero-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Authenticated Encryption with Replay prOtection (AERO) is a
   cryptographic technique that provides all of the security services
   that are used in the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP).
   This note describes how to use AERO in SRTP.  AERO has minimal data
   expansion, avoids the need to manage implicit state, and provides
   strong misuse resistance.  These properties make it an ideal
   cryptographic transform for SRTP, as it enables SRTP to easily handle
   multiple senders sharing the same key, multiple receivers with late-
   joiners in a session, decentralized conferences with minimal control,
   and mixers that selectively forward RTP traffic.  RTP architectures
   that utilize AERO can use the normal SSRC collision detection
   mechanism, and can ignore problematic SRTP artifacts such as the
   Roll-Over Counter (ROC) and Initial Sequence Number.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-srtp-aero

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-srtp-aero-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/