Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-iab-webpki-evolution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:07:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Evolving the Web Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-iab-webpki-evolution-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   The problems with the WebPKI have received the attention by the
   Internet security community when DigiNotar, a Dutch certificate
   authority, had a security breach in 2011 and in the same year a
   Comodo affiliate was compromised.  Both cases lead to fraudulent
   issue of certificates and raise questions regarding the strength of
   the WebPKI used by so many applications.

   Almost 2 years have passed since these incidents and various
   standardization activities have happened in the meanwhile offering
   new technical solutions to make the public key infrastructure more
   resilient.

   The important question, however, is which of the technical solutions
   will get widespread deployment?  In this document we compare the
   different technical solutions in an attempt to engage the impacted
   stakeholders to trigger deployment actions to improve the status quo.
   This document does not include any recommendations what techniques to
   use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-iab-webpki-evolution

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-iab-webpki-evolution-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/