Subject: I-D Action: draft-wagner-conex-audit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:34:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Auditing of Congestion Exposure (ConEx) signals
	Author(s)       : David Wagner
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-wagner-conex-audit-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Congestion Exposure (ConEx) is a mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion encountered by previous packets on
   the same flow.  In order to make ConEx information useful, reliable
   auditing is necessary to provide a strong incentive to declare ConEx
   information honestly.  However, there is always a delay between
   congestion events and the respective ConEx signal at the audit.  In
   order to also provide a signal for risking congestion in the future,
   in [draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech] it is proposed to use credit
   signals sent in advance.  This document defines how the signals are
   interpreted by an audit and lists requirements for an audit
   implementation.  It also discusses the security of the proposed
   system and lists potential attacks on it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wagner-conex-audit

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wagner-conex-audit-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/