Subject: I-D Action: draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 06:02:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ICN Management Considerations
	Author(s)       : Daniel Corujo
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Ivan Vidal
                          Stefan Lederer
                          Spiros Spirou
	Filename        : draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Motivated by the need to find and evaluate better ways for reaching
   on-line content in upcoming Future Internet environments, ICN has
   been increasingly deployed in an broad range of research and
   experimental actions.  Some deployments even go as far as subjecting
   ICN to new scenarios beyond content-reaching, exposing the
   flexibility of ICN core primitives in supporting such mechanisms.  In
   this sense, besides analyzing and discussing the role of network
   management procedures in ICN environments, this document also
   analyzes possibilities on how intrinsic core ICN mechanisms can be
   reutilized for network management.  We consider that the availability
   of management mechanisms for ICN will foster their deployment and, as
   such, should be tackled still in the design and experimentation
   phases.  Perhaps ICN can adapt successful mechanisms from the host-
   centric paradigm, or new network management schemes can be designed.
   Perhaps even both.  This document centralizes that discussion,
   drawing the attention of the ICNRG community to this underdeveloped
   area of research in ICN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/