Subject: I-D Action: draft-moore-email-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:19:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Recommendations for use of TLS by Electronic Mail Access Protocols
	Author(s)       : Keith Moore
	Filename        : draft-moore-email-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   This memo requires support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) in all
   electronic mail user agents (MUAs) and the servers with which they
   communicate when using standard protocols, including Interactive
   Message Access Protocol (IMAP), Post Office Protocol (POP) and the
   variant of the Simple Message Transfer Protocol (SMTP) used in
   message submission.  It also requires support for TLS in mail
   protocol servers provided by electronic mail service providers, and
   encourages mail service providers to migrate to requiring TLS for all
   interaction with their servers.  In addition, this memo details
   specific recommendations for implementation and use of TLS with
   electronic mail protocols used in interactions between MUAs and mail
   service providers.

   Use of TLS with SMTP for message relaying is described in a separate
   document, and not in scope for this document.

   The recommendations in this memo do not replace the functionality of,
   and are not intended as a substitute for, end-to-end encryption of
   electronic mail.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moore-email-tls

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-email-tls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/