Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-sfc-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 01:30:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Service Function Chaining: Framework & Architecture
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Ron Parker
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Jim Guichard
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-sfc-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-10-03

Abstract:
   IP networks rely more and more on the combination of advanced
   functions (besides the basic routing and forwarding functions) for
   the delivery of added value services.  This document defines a
   framework to enforce Service Function Chaining (SFC) with minimum
   requirements on the physical topology of the network.

   The proposed framework allows for differentiated forwarding: packets
   are initially classified and marked at the entry point of an SFC-
   enabled domain, and are then forwarded on a per SF Map Index basis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-sfc-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-sfc-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/