Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-multicast-ptr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:50:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DNS Reverse Mapping for Multicast Addresses
	Author(s)       : Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-jabley-multicast-ptr-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   The mapping of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses to names using the Domain Name
   System (DNS) is colloquially known as "Reverse Mapping".  Reverse
   Mapping support for registered multicast address assignments in IPv4
   is currently incomplete and ad-hoc; in IPv6 there is no support at
   all.

   This document describes procedures to be followed that will result in
   more systematic and predictable support for Reverse Mapping for IPv4
   multicast address assignments, and introduces analogous support for
   IPv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-multicast-ptr

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-multicast-ptr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/