Subject: I-D Action: draft-swhyte-i2rs-data-collection-system-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:11:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Bulk Network Data Collection System
	Author(s)       : Scott Whyte
                          Marcus Hines
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-swhyte-i2rs-data-collection-system-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   Collecting large amounts of data from network infrastructure devices
   has never been very easy.  Existing methods generate CPU and memory
   loads that may be unacceptable, the output varies across
   implementations and can be difficult to parse, and these methods are
   often difficult to scale.  I2RS programmatic interfacing with the
   routing system may exacerbate this problem: state needs to be
   collected from nodes and fed to consumers participating in the
   control plane that may not be physically close to the nodes.  This
   state includes not only control plane information, but elements of
   the data plane that have a direct impact on control plane behavior,
   like traffic engineering.

   This document outlines a set of use cases requiring a flexible
   framework to collect routing system data, and the features and
   functionality needed to make such a framework useful for these use
   cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-swhyte-i2rs-data-collection-system

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-swhyte-i2rs-data-collection-system-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/