Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-homenet-dnssec-validator-dhc-options-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:11:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : IPv6 Home Network Naming Delegation
	Author(s)       : Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-mglt-homenet-dnssec-validator-dhc-options-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   DNSSEC provides data integrity and authentication for DNSSEC
   validators.  However, without valid trust anchor(s) and an acceptable
   value for the current time.  DNSSEC validation cannot be performed.
   This leads to multiple exceptions where DNSSEC validation MUST NOT be
   performed.  This list of exception is expected to become larger if
   DNSSEC is deployed this way.  All conditions where DNSSEC is disable
   adds complexity to the implementation and increases the vectors that
   disables security.

   This document assumes that DNSSEC adoption by end devices requires
   that end devices can have DNSSEC always set today and in the future.

   This document describes DHCP Options to provision the DHCP Client
   with valid trust anchors and time so DNSSEC validation can be
   performed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-homenet-dnssec-validator-dhc-options

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-homenet-dnssec-validator-dhc-options-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/