Subject: I-D Action: draft-sircar-complexity-entropy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:49:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Entropy as a Measure for Changes in Network Complexity
	Author(s)       : Rana P. Sircar
                          Michael H. Behringer
	Filename        : draft-sircar-complexity-entropy-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   For the evaluation of network designs it is desirable to express
   their complexity in objective, measurable metrics.  Previous work has
   shown that a large number of distinct, partly dependent scales play a
   role in overall complexity.  This document proposes the use of multi-
   scale entropy metrics to describe the complexity of a network.  We
   observe that the complexity of a network which undergoes no changes
   over a longer time period is constant.  Conversely, when a network
   undergoes changes entropy is increasing; this is independent on
   whether the changes make the network more or less complex.  In other
   words, also a simplification effort increases complexity temporarily.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sircar-complexity-entropy

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sircar-complexity-entropy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/