Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:35:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Syslog Format for NAT Logging
	Author(s)       : Zhonghua Chen
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
                          T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-05.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   With the wide deployment of Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) devices, the
   logging of NAT-related events has become very important for various
   operational purposes.  The logs may be required for troubleshooting,
   to identify a host that was used to launch malicious attacks, and/or
   for accounting purposes.  This document identifies the events that
   need to be logged and the parameters that are required in the logs
   depending on the context in which the NAT is being used.  It goes on
   to standardize formats for reporting these events and parameters
   using SYSLOG (RFC 5424).  A companion document specifies formats for
   reporting the same events and parameters using IPFIX (RFC 5101).
   Applicability statements are provided in this document and its
   companion to guide operators and implementors in their choice of
   which technology to use for logging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/