Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 22:17:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Latching: Hosted NAT Traversal (HNT) for Media in Real-Time Communication
	Author(s)       : Emil Ivov
                          Hadriel Kaplan
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-10-07

Abstract:
   This document describes behavior of signalling intermediaries in
   Real-Time Communication (RTC) deployments, sometimes referred to as
   Session Border Controllers (SBCs), when performing Hosted NAT
   Traversal (HNT).  HNT is a set of mechanisms, such as media relaying
   and latching, that such intermediaries use to enable other RTC
   devices behind NATs to communicate with each other.

   This document is non-normative, and is only written to explain HNT in
   order to provide a reference to the IETF community, as well as an
   informative description to manufacturers, and users.

   Latching, which is one of the components of the HNT components, has a
   number of security issues covered here.  Because of those, the IETF
   advises against use of this mechanism over the Internet and
   recommends other solutions such as the Interactive Connectivity
   Establishment (ICE) protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-latching-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/