Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-ccamp-rc-objective-function-metric-bound-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:51:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extension for Signaling Objective Function and Metric Bound
	Author(s)       : Zafar Ali
                          George Swallow
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Kenji Kumaki
                          Deutsche Telekom AG
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Xian Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ali-ccamp-rc-objective-function-metric-bound-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-19

Abstract:
     In particular networks such as those used by financial
     institutions, network performance criteria such as latency are
     becoming critical to data path selection.  However cost is still an
     important consideration.  This leads to a situation where path
     calculation involves multiple metrics and more complex objective
     functions.

     When using GMPLS control plane, there are many scenarios in which a
     node may need to request a remote node to perform path computation
     or expansion, like for example multi-domain LSP setup, Generalized
     Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) User-Network Interface (UNI)
     or simply the utilization of a loose ERO in intra domain signaling.
     In such cases, the node requesting for the setup of an LSP needs to
     convey the required objective function to the remote node, to
     enable it to perform route computation in the desired fashion.
     Similarly, there are cases the ingress needs to indicate a TE
     metric bound for a loose segment that is expanded by a remote node.

     This document defines extensions to the RSVP-TE Protocol to allow
     an ingress node to request the required objective function for the
     route computation, as well as a metric bound to influence route
     computation decisions at a remote node(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ali-ccamp-rc-objective-function-metric-bound

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ali-ccamp-rc-objective-function-metric-bound-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ali-ccamp-rc-objective-function-metric-bound-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/