Subject: I-D Action: draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:33:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Wired and Wireless IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Optimizations
	Author(s)       : Samita Chakrabarti
                          Erik Nordmark
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Margaret Wasserman
	Filename        : draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-04.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 4861) protocol has been designed for
   neighbor's address resolution, unreachability detection, address
   autoconfiguration, router advertisement and solicitation.  With the
   progress of Internet adoption on various industries including home,
   wireless, M2M and cellular networks there is a desire for optimizing
   the legacy IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol.  This document describes
   a method of optimization by reducing multicast messages and
   introducing an IPv6 address Registration mechanism.  The optimization
   of IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol is useful for Wirless and low-
   power IPv6 networks and as well as Data Centers and Home Networks.
   The solution is capable of handling existing legacy IPv6 nodes in the
   network with local mobility.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chakrabarti-nordmark-6man-efficient-nd-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/