Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:36:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Information-centric Networking: Baseline Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Borje Ohlman
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Gennaro Boggia
                          Gareth Tyson
                          Elwyn Davies
                          Antonella Molinaro
                          Suyong Eum
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-10-16

Abstract:
   This document aims at establishing a common understanding about the
   evaluation of different information-centric networking (ICN)
   approaches so that they can be tested and compared against each other
   while showcasing their own advantages.  Towards this end, we review
   the ICN literature and document scenarios which have been considered
   in previous performance evaluation studies.  We discuss a variety of
   aspects that an ICN solution can address.  This includes general
   aspects, such as, network efficiency, reduced complexity, increased
   scalability and reliability, mobility support, multicast and caching
   performance, real-time communication efficacy, energy consumption
   frugality, and disruption and delay tolerance.  We detail ICN-
   specific aspects as well, such as information security and trust,
   persistence, availability, provenance, and location independence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-scenarios-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/