Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:39:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over IPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Ted Lemon
                          Qi Sun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   In IPv6 networks, there remains a need to provide IPv4 service for
   some residual devices.  This document describes a mechanism for
   allocating IPv4 addresses to such devices, using DHCPv4 with an IPv6
   transport.  It is done by putting a special relay agent function
   (Client Relay Agent) on the client side, as well as extending the
   behavior of the server; in the case where DHCP server only supports
   IPv4 transport, a relay agent is extended to support IPv6 transport
   (IPv6-Transport Relay Agent) and relay DHCP traffic for the server,
   with a new Relay Agent Information sub-option added to carry the IPv6
   address of the Client Relay Agent.  DHCPv4 over IPv6 has been
   developed in the IETF, and some implementations and deployments have
   been carried out.  But this mechanism is not recommended for future
   implementation or deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/