Subject: I-D Action: draft-roach-mmusic-pof-pan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:45:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using Partial Offers and Partial Answers in a Multimedia Session
	Author(s)       : Adam Roach
	Filename        : draft-roach-mmusic-pof-pan-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-14

Abstract:
   Whenever two hosts have the ability to set up and control a session
   on a peer-to-peer basis, situations can arise in which both parties
   attempt to change session parameters "at the same time," such that
   the session control messages cross on the wire.  When this happens,
   implementations need to invoke extraordinary procedures to return the
   shared state of the session to a common view between the endpoints.

   For real-time communications, these session control messages are
   typically exchanged using the session description protocol (SDP),
   using an Offer/Answer model.  This document expands the offer/answer
   model to include the ability to exchange information relating to
   discrete media streams within the session.  By reducing the amount of
   session data, the frequency of session state conflicts can be
   reduced; and, for certain types of operations, conflicts can be
   eliminated altogether.

   This document updates RFC 3264.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roach-mmusic-pof-pan

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roach-mmusic-pof-pan-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/