Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:15:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interface ID lifetime Algorithms
	Author(s)       : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Christoph Meinel
                          Erik Nordmark
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   This document introduces a framework, i.e., an application layer
   based lifetime [applicationiid] to enable applications maintaining
   their users' privacy as well as controlling the number of Interface
   IDs (IIDs) per network adapter. It will also explain different
   approaches that can be used for maintaining the lifetime of an IID.
   We also compare this framework to the other available mechanisms.
   This document also explains when to remove deprecated IP addresses
   from the a network interface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-v6ops-iid-lifetime-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/