Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:34:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6-based distributed anchoring
	Author(s)       : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-10-09

Abstract:
   Distributed Mobility Management solutions allow for setting up
   networks so that traffic is distributed in an optimal way and does
   not rely on centralized deployed anchors to provide IP mobility
   support.

   There are many different approaches to address Distributed Mobility
   Management, as for example extending network-based mobility protocols
   (like Proxy Mobile IPv6), or client-based mobility protocols (as
   Mobile IPv6), among others.  This document follows the former
   approach, and proposes a solution based on Proxy Mobile IPv6 in which
   mobility sessions are anchored at the last IP hop router (called
   distributed gateway).  The distributed gateway is an enhanced access
   router which is also able to operate as local mobility anchor or
   mobility access gateway, on a per prefix basis.  The draft focuses on
   the required extensions to effectively support simultaneously
   anchoring several flows at different distributed gateways.

   This draft introduces the concept of distributed logical interface
   (at the distributed gateway), which is a software construct that
   allows to easily hide the change of anchor from the mobile node.
   Additionally, the draft describes how to provide session continuity
   in inter-domain scenarios in which dynamic tunneling or signaling
   between distributed gateways from different operators is not allowed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardos-dmm-distributed-anchoring-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/