Subject: I-D Action: draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 12:29:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : DHCP Option for IPTV Source address
	Author(s)       : Ramakanth Josyula
	Filename        : draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-10-02

Abstract:
   Internet Protocol Television(IPTV) is a system facilitating
   transmission of television channels as multicast streams use
   dedicated multicast group addresses in IP networks.  Internet Group
   Multicast Protocol(IGMP) is widely used for the communication between
   hosts and routers to deliver the multicast streams in the IPv4
   networks.  Similarly,Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (MLD)is
   used for the communication between the hosts and routers to deliver
   the multicast streams in the IPv6 networks.  It is also possible for
   the networks to distinguish these multicast streams not only by their
   destination multicast group but also by the source IP address of the
   streams.  IGMP version-3 and MLD version-2 are protocols that allow
   the hosts to inform the neighboring routers about their desire to
   receive the multicast streams from specific source IP addresses.
   This needs a mechanism to supply the available multicast source
   address information to the hosts and the hosts also should be
   strictly implemented with the source specific multicasting aware
   protocols such as above mentioned IGMPv3 or MLDv2.  This document
   describes a new DHCP option which can addresses these issues.  In
   addition to this, the document also describes about the advantages in
   the networks by implementing this option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-josyula-dhc-multicast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-josyula-dhc-multicast-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/