Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-cmt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:26:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL
	Author(s)       : Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Jon Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-cmt-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-02

Abstract:
   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non-TRILL legacy
   networks via choice of an Appointed Forwarder for a set of VLANs.
   Appointed Forwarder provides load sharing based on VLAN with an
   active-standby model. Mission critical operations such as High
   Performance Data Centers require active-active load sharing model.
   Active-Active load sharing model can be accomplished by representing
   any given non-TRILL legacy network with a single virtual RBridge.
   Virtual representation of the non-TRILL legacy network with a single
   RBridge poses serious challenges in multi-destination RPF (Reverse
   Path Forwarding) check calculations. This document specifies
   required enhancements to build Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT)
   within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF issues. CMT provides
   flexibility to RBridges in selecting  desired path of association to
   a given TRILL multi-destination distribution tree.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-cmt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/