Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-dnsop-anycast-mapping-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:16:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Summary of Various Mechanisms Deployed at L-Root for the Identification of Anycast Nodes
	Author(s)       : Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsop-anycast-mapping-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-10-15

Abstract:
   Anycast is a deployment technique commonly employed for
   authoritative-only servers in the Domain Name System (DNS).  L-Root,
   one of the thirteen root servers, is deployed in this fashion.

   Various techniques have been used to map deployed anycast
   infrastructure externally, i.e. without reference to inside knowledge
   about where and how such infrastructure has been deployed.
   Motivations for performing such measurement exercises include
   operational troubleshooting and infrastructure risk assessment.  In
   the specific case of L-Root, the ability to measure and map anycast
   infrastructure using the techniques mentioned in this document is
   provided for reasons of operational transparency.

   This document describes all facilities deployed at L-Root to
   facilitate mapping of its infrastructure and serves as documentation
   for L-Root as a measurable service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsop-anycast-mapping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnsop-anycast-mapping-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jabley-dnsop-anycast-mapping-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/