Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhou-netmod-openv6-transition-cfg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 02:40:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A YANG Data Model for Open IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)       : Cathy Zhou
                          Qiong Sun
	Filename        : draft-zhou-netmod-openv6-transition-cfg-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   During the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, there are many kinds of
   transition methods and scenarios that have been or are currently
   being defined in IETF, e.g., DS-Lite, Lw4over6, MAP-E, 4rd, 6rd and
   etc.  Carriers have to select and determine their transition ways
   among all of these techniques, which brings slow transition to IPv6.
   Currently, we face two main challenges in IPv6 transition: the legacy
   equipment does not support multiple IPv6 transition technologies at
   the same time and there are not enough native IPv6 applications.
   This document describes an open IPv6 YANG [RFC6020] data model which
   serves as a framework for configuring and managing an IPv6 service to
   provide a low-cost and unified way to IPv6 transition.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhou-netmod-openv6-transition-cfg

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhou-netmod-openv6-transition-cfg-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/