Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:27:53 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Rate Control
    Author(s)     : E. Noel, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control
    Pages         : 17 
    Date          : Oct. 2, 2013 
    
The prevalent use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in Next
   Generation Networks necessitates that SIP networks provide adequate
   control mechanisms to maintain transaction throughput by preventing
   congestion collapse during traffic overloads. Already a loss-based
   solution to remedy known vulnerabilities of the SIP 503 (service
   unavailable) overload control mechanism has been proposed. This
   document proposes a rate-based control scheme to complement the
   loss-based control scheme, using the same signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.