Subject: I-D Action: draft-wchuang-msmd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 01:30:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : MSMD: Mandatory Secure Mail Delivery
	Author(s)       : Weihaw Chuang
                          Nicolas Lidzborkski
                          Elie Bursztein
	Filename        : draft-wchuang-msmd-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-10-15

Abstract:
   Opportunistic SMTP TLS does not enforce electronic mail delivery
   using TLS leading to potential loss of privacy and security.  We
   propose an optional mail header extension "mandatory-secure-mail-
   delivery:" and SMTP EHLO response extension "MSMD" that indicates
   mail must be delivered privately using TLS and with integrity using
   DKIM, and thereby provide a security guarantee to the user.  When
   mail is sent with the header indicating privacy and integrity and if
   the receiving party does not support this, the mail is instead
   bounced.  To protect the mail after delivery, the destination SMTP
   server must advertise its capabilities as part of the EHLO response,
   and the sender can choose whether the destination is able to honor
   the privacy requirements specified on the mail header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wchuang-msmd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wchuang-msmd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/