Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-relay-route-pd-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:10:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Route Problem at Relay during DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Leaf Y. Yeh
                          Alexandru Petrescu
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-relay-route-pd-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   The operation of a prefix delegation procedure with the DHCPv6
   protocol may need route setup and maintenance at the Delegating
   Router, Requesting Router and on the entity on which the Relay agent
   is implemented.  This document describes the problem of routing
   during DHCPv6 prefix delegation, and is illustrated by ADSL-type and
   cellular-type of topologies which may use Relays; we refer to section
   14 of RFC 3633 which mentions the need of 'a protocol or other out of
   band communication to add routing information for delegated
   prefixes'.  Based on this problem, a number of requirements from the
   service providers are described.

   A small set of documented solutions are separately mentioned
   (snooping, route injection, etc.), together with their pros and cons
   according to a particular judgment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-relay-route-pd-problem

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-relay-route-pd-problem-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/