Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:42:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Label Sharing for Fast PE Protection
	Author(s)       : Mingui Zhang
                          Peng Zhou
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to be used by Service Providers to
   provide fast protection of VPN connections for a CE. Egress PEs in a
   redundant group always assign the same label for VPN routes from a
   VRF. These egress PEs create a BGP virtual Next Hop (vNH) in the
   domain of the IP/MPLS backbone network as an agent of the CE router.
   Primary and backup tunnels terminated at the vNH are set up by the
   BGP/MPLS IP VPN based on IGP FRR. If the primary egress PE fails, the
   backup egress PEs can recognize the "shared" VPN route label, so that
   the failure affected traffic can be smoothly switched to the backup
   PE for delivery without changing its VPN route label.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/