Subject: I-D Action: draft-sun-openv6-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:14:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Problem Statement for Openv6 Scheme
	Author(s)       : Qiong Sun
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Cathy Zhou
	Filename        : draft-sun-openv6-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   The IPv6 transition has been an ongoing process throughout the world
   due to the exhaustion of the IPv4 address space.  However, this
   transition leads to costly end-to-end network upgrades and poses new
   challenges of managing a large number of devices with a variety of
   transitioning protocols.  While IPv6 transition tools exist, there
   are still new issues exist.  Operators may need various types of IPv6
   transition technologies depending on performance requirements,
   deployment scenarios, etc.

   To address these difficulties, a unifying approach would provide a
   unified way to deploy IPv6 in a cost-effective, flexible manner.

   This document describes issues for deploying multiple transition
   technologies during the whole IPv6 transition period.  It also
   discusses potential technical gaps to achieve this work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sun-openv6-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sun-openv6-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/