Subject: I-D Action: draft-ackermann-tictoc-pdm-ntp-usage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:01:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Usage of NTP for the PDM DOH IPv6 Extension Header
	Author(s)       : Michael S. Ackermann
                          Nalini Elkins
                          William Jouris
	Filename        : draft-ackermann-tictoc-pdm-ntp-usage-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-10-03

Abstract:
   The Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination Options
   Header (DOH) for IPv6 defines metrics which are critical for timely
   end-to-end problem resolution, without impacting an operational
   production network. These metrics and their derivations can be used
   for network diagnostics. The base metrics are: packet sequence number
   and packet timestamp. The timestamp fields require time
   synchronization at the two end points. This document provides
   implementation guidelines for implementing Network Time Protocol
   (NTP) to provide such synchronization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ackermann-tictoc-pdm-ntp-usage

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ackermann-tictoc-pdm-ntp-usage-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/