Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-mappings-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:32:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mapping characters for PRECIS classes
	Author(s)       : Yoshiro YONEYA
                          Takahiro Nemoto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-mappings-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   The framework for preparation and comparison of internationalized
   strings ("PRECIS") defines several classes of strings for preparation
   and comparison.  In the framework, case mapping is defined because
   many protocols handle case-sensitive or case-insensitive string
   comparison and therefore preparation of the string is mandatory.  As
   described in the mapping for Internationalized Domain Names in
   Applications (IDNA) and the PRECIS problem statement, mappings for
   internationalized strings are not limited to case, but also width
   mapping and mapping of delimiters and other specials can be taken
   into consideration.  This document provides guidelines for authors of
   protocol profiles of the PRECIS framework and describes several
   mappings that can be applied between receiving user input and passing
   permitted code points to internationalized protocols.  The mappings
   described here are expected to be applied as Additional mapping in
   the PRECIS framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-mappings

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-precis-mappings-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-precis-mappings-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/