Subject: I-D Action: draft-zzhang-pim-bidir-rpl-resiliency-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:16:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PIM-Bidir RPL Resiliency
	Author(s)       : Zhaohui (Jeffrey) Zhang
                          Kurt Windisch
                          Jaroslaw Adam Gralak
	Filename        : draft-zzhang-pim-bidir-rpl-resiliency-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-10-16

Abstract:
   With PIM-Bidir, the RPA does not have to be associated with a router.
   Rather, it only needs to be a routable address on a RPL (typically a
   multi-access network).  Such a scenario is commonly referred as
   Phantom RPA.  This achieves RP resiliency to some extent, because the
   "RP" will not fail.  However, if the RPL itself partitions, traffic
   converged to one partition will not be able to reach other parts of
   the network where joins converge to the other partitions of the RPL.

   This document proposes simple procedures, which does not require
   signaling extensions, to achieve RPL resiliency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zzhang-pim-bidir-rpl-resiliency

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zzhang-pim-bidir-rpl-resiliency-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/