Subject: I-D Action: draft-ruoska-encoding-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 04:22:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Ruoska Encoding
	Author(s)       : Jukka-Pekka Makela
	Filename        : draft-ruoska-encoding-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-10-12

Abstract:
   This document describes hierarchically structured binary encoding
   format called Ruoska Encoding (later RSK).  The main design goals are
   minimal resource usage, well defined structure with good selection of
   widely known data types, and still extendable for future usage.

   The main benefit when compared to non binary hierarchically
   structured formats like XML is simplicity and minimal resource
   demands.  Even basic XML parsing is time and memory consuming
   operation.

   When compared to other binary formats like BER encoding of ASN.1 the
   main benefit is simplicity.  ASN.1 with many different encodings is
   complex and even simple implementation needs a lot of effort.  RSK is
   also more efficient than BER.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ruoska-encoding

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ruoska-encoding-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ruoska-encoding-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/