Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-alto-json-te-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:06:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Extensions for Traffic Engineering (TE) performance metrics in JSON format
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Young Lee
                          Dhruv Dhody
	Filename        : draft-wu-alto-json-te-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2013-10-20

Abstract:
   Cost metric is a basic concept in Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO).  It is used in both the Cost Map Service and the
   Endpoint Cost Service.  However the base protocol defines only a
   single cost metric, i.e., the generic "routingcost" metric (Sec. 14.2
   of ALTO base specification [ALTO]).  In practice, applications may
   request network information on other cost (including performance)
   metrics.

   In this document, we define five new base metrics which are delay,
   jitter, pktloss (packet loss), bandwidth and hopcount.  These base
   metrics are further extended with these nine new metrics linkdelay,
   linkjitter, linkloss, maxbw (Maximum Bandwidth), maxreservbw (Maximum
   Reserved Bandwdith), unreservbw (Unreserved Bandwidth), residuebw
   (Residual Bandwidth), availbw (Available Bandwidth), and utilbw
   (Utilized Bandwidth).  Also a new parameter anomalousstate is added.
   These fourteen cost metrics are derived from OSPF-TE and ISIS-TE and
   can be either used as constraint attribute associated with
   'routingcost' cost metric attribute or used as returned Cost metrics
   in the response, or both and hence provide a relatively comprehensive
   set of cost metrics for ALTO.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-alto-json-te

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-alto-json-te-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-alto-json-te-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/