Subject: I-D Action: draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 01:57:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance Monitoring Analysis for L3VPN
	Author(s)       : Lianshu Zheng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Sam K. Aldrin
                          Bhavani Parise
	Filename        : draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-10-18

Abstract:
   To perform the measurement of packet loss, delay and other metrics on
   a particular VPN flow, the egress PE need to tell to which specific
   ingress VRF a packet belongs to.  But for L3VPN, multipoint-to-point
   or multipoint-to-multipoint (MP2MP) network model applies, flow
   identifying is a big challenge.  This document summarizes the current
   performance monitoring mechanisms for L3VPN in MPLS networks, and
   analyzes various solutions and challenges for measuring performance
   metrics within these networks.  This document also identifies various
   key points which needs to be taken in consideration when designing
   L3VPN performance monitoring mechanisms.  Performance measurements
   within non-MPLS L3VPN networks is not within the scope of the
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/