Subject: I-D Action: draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:15:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Software-Defined Networking: A Perspective From Within A Service Provider
	Author(s)       : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
	Filename        : draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-11-22

Abstract:
   Software-Defined Networking (SDN) has been one of the major buzz
   words of the networking industry for the past couple of years.  And
   yet, no clear definition of what SDN actually covers has been broadly
   admitted so far.  This document aims at contributing to the
   clarification of the SDN landscape by providing a perspective on
   requirements, issues and other considerations about SDN, as seen from
   within a service provider environment.

   It is not meant to endlessly discuss what SDN truly means, but rather
   to suggest a functional taxonomy of the techniques that can be used
   under a SDN umbrella and to elaborate on the various pending issues
   the combined activation of such techniques inevitably raises.  As
   such, a definition of SDN is only mentioned for the sake of
   clarification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/