Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 19:25:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A General Framework of Source Address Validation and Traceback for IPv4/IPv6 Transition Scenarios
	Author(s)       : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-11-03

Abstract:
   IP spoofing is a critical breach regard to Internet security. With
   rapid development of the IPv6-based next generation Internet, this
   issue is more prominent since IPv6 Internet owns more spoofable IP
   address space. Existing IP anti-spoofing proposals, including SAVI
   (Source Address Validation Improvement) which was advocated by IETF,
   only focused on single-stack or simple network scenarios. To the best
   of our knowledge, none of them has paid attention to the IPv4/IPv6
   transition scenarios. However, since IPv4/IPv6 transition schemes are
   plenty and various, one solution cannot meet all requirements of them.
   In this draft, we present a SAVI-based general framework for IP
   source address validation and traceback in the IPv4/IPv6 transition
   scenarios, which achieve this by extracting out essential and mutual
   properties from these schemes, and forming sub-solutions for each
   property. When one transition scheme is composed from various
   properties, its IP source address validation and traceback solution
   is directly comprised by the corresponding sub-solutions. Thus, the
   most exciting advantage of this framework is that it is a once-and-
   for-all solution no matter how transition schemes change.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-savi-transition-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/