Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:59:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11p Networks
	Author(s)       : Alexandru Petrescu
                          Romain Kuntz
                          Pierre Pfister
                          Nabil Benamar
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-11-25

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11p networks there is a
   need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
   Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 base
   header, the Type value within it, and others.  This document
   describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11p networks; it
   portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11p similarly to other known
   802.11 and Ethernet layers, by using an existing Ethernet Adaptation
   Layer.

   In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
   802.11p compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n layers, layers
   over which IPv6 protocols run ok.  Most notably, the operation
   outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has impact on IPv6 handover
   behaviour and on IPv6 security.

   An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
   802.11p link is given.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/