Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-proxy-vxlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 09:41:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network over IEEE 802.1Qbg
	Author(s)       : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Frank Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-proxy-vxlan-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-11-06

Abstract:
   In data centers there is interest in offloading network functions to
   the switches in order to keep the server focused on computation not
   networking.  IEEE 802.1Qbg or Virtual Ethernet Port Aggregator (VEPA)
   at the hypervisor simply forces each VM frame sent out to the
   external switch regardless of destination.  In this case, the
   eXtensible Local Area Network operation or proxying at a higher level
   switch is needed.  Communication functions of the eXtensible Local
   Area Network are moved above to the Top of Rack switches.  Top of
   Rack switch encapsulates the packets and directs them to their
   destination.  Packets from the eXtensible Local Area Network servers
   are decapsulated before sending it to the destination proxy servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-proxy-vxlan

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-proxy-vxlan-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/