Subject: I-D Action: draft-mou-pcp-application-network-feedback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 04:05:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PCP Extension for Signaling Feedback Information from the End-User Application to the Application Sever and to the Network
	Author(s)       : Hassnaa Moustafa
                          Danny Moses
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-mou-pcp-application-network-feedback-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-11-04

Abstract:
   Nowadays users consumption style for video and multimedia
   applications is strongly changing.  Users are heavily counting on
   wireless and mobile devices for video streaming and interactive video
   and multimedia applications.  This can be implemented for instance by
   having more intelligence in the service and the network
   infrastructure to better suit a differentiated users consumption
   style.  This can be achieved through having: (i) a knowledge in the
   network and service platform about the available device and network
   conditions for the end-user and (ii) a knowledge in the network about
   the content requirements in terms of devices capabilities and network
   resources for content stored either in the network or in the
   application server.  To obtain such knowledge with no need for
   changing the current infrastructure and in a generalized way to all
   applications, feedback/notification mechanisms between the end-user
   application, the network and the service platform is needed to
   provide information helping the content delivery and adaptation
   decisions.  This document is investigating such application-agnostic
   track.

   This document extends the Port Control Protocol (PCP) RFC 6887
   [RFC6887] to allow: (i) the users application to notify the network
   and application server about its available resources in terms of
   devices capabilities and network conditions as well as information
   about the user (e.g., location, mobility status) and (ii) the
   application server to notify the network about the requirements of
   the content it stores in terms of devices and network resources.  A
   new PCP option, denoted the FEEDBACK, is specified to allow such
   feedback notification signaling.  This option is used with both PEER
   and MAP Opcodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mou-pcp-application-network-feedback

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mou-pcp-application-network-feedback-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/