Subject: I-D Action: draft-keoh-dice-dtls-profile-iot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:23:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Profiling of DTLS for CoAP-based IoT Applications
	Author(s)       : Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Zach Shelby
	Filename        : draft-keoh-dice-dtls-profile-iot-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-11-05

Abstract:
   This document collects various implementation challenges of DTLS on
   embedded systems, and proposes a profile of DTLS for CoAP-based
   Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Specially, this document
   investigate the application features and functionality of DTLS
   protocol, the fragmentation issue of DTLS Handshake protocol, and the
   complexity of the DTLS Handshake state machine. A RESTful DTLS
   Handshake which relies on CoAP Block-wise Transfer is proposed to
   address the fragmentation issue. The next step is to define a DTLS
   profile for embedded systems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keoh-dice-dtls-profile-iot

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keoh-dice-dtls-profile-iot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/