Subject: I-D Action: draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 09:00:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Next-Generation Pan-European eCall
	Author(s)       : Randall Gellens
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-11-06

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of the Pan European in-
   vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety initiative
   of the European Commission (generally referred to as "eCall"). eCall
   is a standardized and mandated system for a special form of emergency
   calls placed by vehicles.  eCall deployment is required by 2015 in
   European Union member states, and eCall is also being deployed in
   other regions.  eCall provides an integrated voice path and a
   standardized set of vehicle, sensor (e.g., crash related), and
   location data.  An eCall is recognized and handled as a specialized
   form of emergency call and is routed to a specialized eCall-capable
   Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) capable of processing the
   vehicle data and trained in handling emergency calls from vehicles.
   Currently, eCall functions over circuit-switched cellular telephony;
   work on next-generation eCall (NG-eCall, sometimes called packet-
   switched eCall or PS-eCall) is now in process, and this document
   assists in that work by describing how to support eCall within the
   IP-based emergency services infrastructure.

   This document also registers a MIME Content Type and an Emergency
   Call Additional Data Block for the eCall vehicle data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gellens-ecrit-ecall-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/