Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:48:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : A Threat Model for Pervasive Passive Surveillance
	Author(s)       : Brian Trammell
                          Daniel Borkmann
                          Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-11-13

Abstract:
   This document elaborates a threat model for pervasive surveillance.
   We assume an adversary with an interest in indiscriminate
   eavesdropping that can passively observe network traffic at every
   layer at every point in the network between the endpoints.  It is
   intended to demonstrate to protocol designers and implementors the
   observability and inferability of information and metainformation
   transported over their respective protocols, to assist in the
   evaluation of the performance of these protocols and the
   effectiveness of their protection mechanisms under pervasive passive
   surveillance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/