Subject: I-D Action: draft-akiya-bfd-intervals-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:56:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Standardized interval support in BFD
	Author(s)       : Nobo Akiya
                          Marc Binderberger
	Filename        : draft-akiya-bfd-intervals-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-11-13

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of interval values that we call "Standard
   intervals".  Values of this set must be supported for transmitting
   BFD control packets and for calculating the detection time in the
   receive direction when the value is equal or larger than the fastest,
   i.e. lowest, interval a particular BFD implementation supports.

   This solves the problem of finding an interval value that both BFD
   speakers can support while allowing a simplified implementation as
   seen for hardware-based BFD.  It does not restrict an implementation
   from supporting more intervals in addition to the Standard intervals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-akiya-bfd-intervals

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-akiya-bfd-intervals-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-akiya-bfd-intervals-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/