Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 06:42:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Using DMARC
	Author(s)       : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2013-11-05

Abstract:
   Email abuse often relies on unauthorized use of a domain name, such
   as one belonging to a well-known company (brand).  SPF and DKIM
   provide basic domain name authentication methods for email.  A recent
   industry effort built an additional authentication-based layer,
   called Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance
   (DMARC).  It allows a sender to indicate that their emails are
   protected by SPF and/or DKIM, and tells a receiver what to do if
   neither of those authentication methods passes; it also provides a
   reporting mechanism, from receivers back to domain owners.  Such
   capabilities over the public Internet are unusual and their use is
   not yet well-understood.  This document formulates a set of best
   practices for the use of DMARC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-dmarc-bcp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/