Subject: I-D Action: draft-wakikawa-req-mobile-cp-separation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:48:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Requirements and use cases for separating control and user planes in mobile network architectures
	Author(s)       : Ryuji Wakikawa
                          Satoru Matsushima
                          Basavaraj Patil
                          Bonnie Chen
                          Damascene Joachimpillai
                          Hui Deng
	Filename        : draft-wakikawa-req-mobile-cp-separation-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-11-07

Abstract:
   Virtualization and cloud services have evolved significantly in the
   last few years.  Additionally trends in virtualization like Network
   Function Virtualiztion and Softward Defined Networking are bound to
   have implications to mobile network architectures of cellular systems
   (3G/4G), WiFi and others.  IETF has developed a number of mobility
   protocols that are used in the industry today.  Mobility network
   architectures continue to evolve and it is likely that they will
   embrace virtualization and cloud services trends as well.  The IETF
   can play a role in defining the mobility protocols that support
   architectures which leverage virtualization and cloud technologies.
   This document captures several use cases and requirements for a
   virtualized mobile network architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wakikawa-req-mobile-cp-separation

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wakikawa-req-mobile-cp-separation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/