Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:18:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SMTP security via opportunistic DANE TLS
	Author(s)       : Viktor Dukhovni
                          Wes Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-11-23

Abstract:
   This memo describes a protocol for opportunistic TLS security based
   on the DANE TLSA DNS record.  The protocol is downgrade resistant
   when the SMTP client supports DANE TLSA and the server domain
   publishes TLSA records for its MX hosts.  This enables an incremental
   transition of the Internet email backbone (MTA to MTA SMTP traffic)
   to TLS encrypted and authenticated delivery.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-smtp-with-dane-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/