Subject: I-D Action: draft-gieben-auth-denial-of-existence-dns-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 05:57:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Authenticated Denial of Existence in the DNS
	Author(s)       : R. (Miek) Gieben
                          W. (Matthijs) Mekking
	Filename        : draft-gieben-auth-denial-of-existence-dns-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2013-11-25

Abstract:
   Authenticated denial of existence allows a resolver to validate that
   a certain domain name does not exist.  It is also used to signal that
   a domain name exists, but does not have the specific RR type you were
   asking for.  When returning a negative DNSSEC response, a name server
   usually includes up to two NSEC records.  With NSEC3 this amount is
   three.

   This document provides additional background commentary and some
   context for the NSEC and NSEC3 mechanisms used by DNSSEC to provide
   authenticated denial of existence responses

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gieben-auth-denial-of-existence-dns

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gieben-auth-denial-of-existence-dns-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gieben-auth-denial-of-existence-dns-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/