Subject: I-D Action: draft-vaughn-cnmp-intro-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:29:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Document Roadmap for Condensed Network Management Protocol (CNMP)
	Author(s)       : Kenneth Vaughn
                          Alessandro Triglia
                          Robert Rausch
	Filename        : draft-vaughn-cnmp-intro-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-11-20

Abstract:
   The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the first
   version of the Condensed Network Management Protocol (CNMP)
   Framework. This Framework follows the Internet-Standard Management
   Framework (SNMPv3), but CNMP provides a more efficient encoding of
   data by using Octet Encoding Rules (OER) coupled with a more compact
   set of message structures, including a set of "dynamic objects",
   which are defined at runtime, as originally used by the Simple
   Transportation Management Protocol (STMP).

   The document is intended to provide an option to using SNMPv3 and is
   not intended to replace SNMPv3.  SNMPv3 will continue to offer the
   advantage of providing a conceptually simple protocol, whereas CNMP
   allows more compact messaging in high volume and bandwidth
   constrained environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vaughn-cnmp-intro

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vaughn-cnmp-intro-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/