Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 02:43:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Supporting Authentication Trailer for OSPFv3
	Author(s)       : Manav Bhatia
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Acee Lindem
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-11-26

Abstract:
   Currently, OSPF for IPv6 (OSPFv3) uses IPsec as the only mechanism
   for authenticating protocol packets.  This behavior is different from
   authentication mechanisms present in other routing protocols (OSPFv2,
   Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS), RIP, and Routing
   Information Protocol Next Generation (RIPng)).  In some environments,
   it has been found that IPsec is difficult to configure and maintain
   and thus cannot be used.  This document defines an alternative
   mechanism to authenticate OSPFv3 protocol packets so that OSPFv3 does
   not only depend upon IPsec for authentication.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 6506.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-rfc6506bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/