Subject: I-D Action: draft-adamson-elasticmcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:26:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Elastic Multicast Routing Protocol
	Author(s)       : Brian Adamson
                          Claudiu Danilov
                          Joseph Macker
	Filename        : draft-adamson-elasticmcast-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-11-04

Abstract:
   This document describes an Internet Protocol (IP) multicast routing
   protocol suitable for dynamic network environments including mobile
   wireless.  To handle high dynamics, this routing mechanism uses
   redundant forwarding, based upon the Simplified Multicast Forwarding
   (SMF) approach of [RFC6621], while converging to regular multicast
   distribution trees where or when the network becomes relatively
   stable.  The rationale is that intermittent connectivity directly
   affects the ability of routers to synchronize on their view of the
   network, thus making it difficult to converge on efficient
   distribution trees, while network wide broadcast may be prohibitively
   expensive for relatively sparse groups.  A hybrid approach, called
   Elastic Multicast, is specified which dynamically switches between
   limited scope broadcast and tree path forwarding independently at
   each node.  The trees created during stable periods and portions of
   the network are pruned from the SMF efficient flooding mesh.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-adamson-elasticmcast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adamson-elasticmcast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/