Subject: I-D Action: draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:20:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Framework for Cognitive Capable Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : Domenico Siracusa
                          Antonio Francescon
                          Elio Salvadori
                          Ramon J. Duran
                          Ruben M. Lorenzo
                          Ignacio de Miguel
	Filename        : draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-11-04

Abstract:
   The increased complexity in the management of highly heterogeneous
   optical networks is recently forcing vendors and providers to look
   for novel mechanisms which diminish the manual intervention by
   favoring the autonomous execution of several operational tasks,
   especially when dealing with network congestion or failure events.
   The adoption of cognitive techniques in networking envisions a
   network which is able to adapt itself to current or forecasted
   conditions by taking into account previous history, and which is
   able to act proactively, rather than reactively, in order to avoid
   problems before they arise. In this document, a novel architectural
   framework that introduces cognitive techniques in the optical
   networking domain is described, and several use cases provided to
   emphasize its effectiveness.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/