Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:34:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multicast in VPLS
	Author(s)       : Rahul Aggarwal
                          Juniper Networks
                          Yuji Kamite
                          Luyuan Fang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-16.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2013-11-22

Abstract:
   [RFC4761] and [RFC4762] describe a solution for Virtual Private LAN
   Service (VPLS) multicast that relies on the use of point-to-point or
   multipoint-to-point unicast Label Switched Paths (LSPs) for carrying
   multicast traffic. This solution has certain limitations for certain
   VPLS multicast traffic profiles. For example, it may result in highly
   non-optimal bandwidth utilization when large amount of multicast
   traffic is to be transported.

   This document describes solutions for overcoming a subset of the
   limitations of existing VPLS multicast solution. It describes
   procedures for VPLS multicast that utilize multicast trees in the
   service provider (SP) network. The solution described in this
   document allows sharing of one such multicast tree among multiple
   VPLS instances. Furthermore, the solution described in this document
   allows a single multicast tree in the SP network to carry traffic
   belonging only to a specified set of one or more IP multicast streams
   from one or more VPLS instances.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/