Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-nfv-high-availability-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 03:03:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NFV High-Availability Technologies Gap Analysis
        Author          : Yang Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-nfv-high-availability-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-12-30

Abstract:
   High-Availability (HA) is a very important requirement throughout the
   history of carrier network, many technologies have emerged for it.
   With the trend of Network Function Virtualization (NFV), network
   function are migrated from dedicated hardware to software running
   over COTS servers, the same SLA of HA should be provided depending on
   network service itself.  But some new challenges are brought by NFV,
   one example is Virtualized Network Function (VNF) cluster caused by
   the HA and performance limitation of individual VNF instance.  For
   the VNF cluster, some gaps exist between with the available HA
   technologies on issues of multi-homing, state synchronization, share-
   risk prevention and HA role election, especially in the network which
   has a large scale deployment of NFV.

   This document firstly identifies the challenges emerged within NFV
   deployed networks.  Then, available HA technologies are reviewed and
   the detailed gap analysis between them with the new challenges is
   discussed in depth.  At last, the summary of these gaps is presented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-nfv-high-availability-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-nfv-high-availability-gap-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/