Subject: I-D Action: draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 00:31:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Special-Use Domain Names of Peer-to-Peer Systems
	Author(s)       : Christian Grothoff
                          Matthias Wachs
                          Hellekin O. Wolf
                          Jacob Appelbaum
	Filename        : draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-12-06

Abstract:
   This document describes common Special-Use Domain Names pseudo Top-
   Level Domain names designed to help harden name resolution security,
   provide censorship resistance, and protect the users' privacy on the
   Internet.

   This is an IESG Approval document requesting the reservation of six
   Top-Level Domains for special use, in conformance with the
   registration procedure defined in RFC 6761, section 4.

   The six domains relate to peer-to-peer systems that, given their
   decentralized design, do not require a central authority to register
   names.  They are: ".gnu", ".zkey", ".onion", ".exit", ".i2p", and
   ".bit".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/