Subject: I-D Action: draft-hurtig-tsvwg-transport-apis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 07:51:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transport APIs
	Author(s)       : Per Hurtig
                          Stein Gjessing
                          Michael Welzl
                          Martin Sustrik
	Filename        : draft-hurtig-tsvwg-transport-apis-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-12-15

Abstract:
   Commonly used networking APIs are currently limited by the transport
   layer's inability to expose services instead of protocols.  An API/
   application/user is therefore forced to use exactly the services that
   are implemented by the selected transport.  This document surveys
   networking APIs and discusses how they can be improved by a more
   expressive transport layer that hides and automatizes the choice of
   the transport protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hurtig-tsvwg-transport-apis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hurtig-tsvwg-transport-apis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/