Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:29:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP Option Extension: Patience
	Author(s)       : Kepeng Li
                          Bert Greevenbosch
                          Esko Dijk
                          Salvatore Loreto
	Filename        : draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-12-03

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  This specification provides a simple extension for CoAP,
   the Patience option.  This option informs a recipient of the
   preferred time frame for a request or response depending on usage
   context.  In a unicast request, it indicates the patience a client
   has in waiting for a response.  The CoAP server tries to return the
   response within the specified time frame.  In a multicast request, it
   indicates the patience a server should have in sending its response.
   The recipient would then try to randomly delay its response within
   the time frame that the requester indicated or computed by the
   recipient itself.  In a CoAP observe notification, it indicates the
   patience an observer should have in both waiting for a subsequent
   notification and in re-establishing an observation relation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-core-coap-patience-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-core-coap-patience-option-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/