Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-roid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:35:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ROID: An Experimental Protocol for Name-Based Information Retrieval
	Author(s)       : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-roid-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-12-05

Abstract:
   Information-centric networking (ICN) is an approach to evolve the
   Internet infrastructure to access data by unique names.  ROID
   ("Resolver for OIDs") is an experimental protocol to support simple
   implementation of ICN.  ROID defines a simple model for mapping data
   names -- in the form of URNs of the "oid" scheme -- into URLs which
   can be used to access the data objects.  This experimental version of
   ROID provides the resolution information via DNS records that can be
   served by a standard DNS server (named a/k/a Bind).  This structure
   is designed for easy deployment of ROID in existing environments in
   order to support proof-of-concept implementations of ICN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-roid

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-roid-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/