Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 07:38:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Balanced Security for IPv6 Residential CPE
	Author(s)       : Martin Gysi
                          Guillaume Leclanche
                          Eric Vyncke
                          Ragnar Anfinsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-12-06

Abstract:
   This document describes how an IPv6 residential Customer Premise
   Equipment (CPE) can have a balanced security policy that allows for a
   mostly end-to-end connectivity while keeping the major threats
   outside of the home.  It is documenting an existing IPv6 deployment
   by Swisscom and allows all packets inbound/outbound EXCEPT for some
   layer-4 ports where attacks and vulnerabilities (such as weak
   passwords) are well-known.  The policy is a proposed set of rules
   that can be used as a default setting.  The set of blocked inbound
   and outbound ports is expected to be updated as threats come and go.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-balanced-ipv6-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/