Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-idr-performce-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 23:41:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Performance-based BGP Routing Mechanism
	Author(s)       : Xiaohu Xu
                          Hui Ni
                          Yongbing Fan
	Filename        : draft-xu-idr-performce-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-12-09

Abstract:
   Network performance, especially network latency is widely recognized
   as one of major obstacles in adopting public cloud services (e.g.,
   cloud desktop service), especially in the scenario where the network
   paths between cloud end-users and cloud data centers traverse more
   than one Autonomous System (AS). However, the current Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) specification [RFC4271] doesn't use network
   performance metrics (e.g., network latency) in the route selection
   decisions. This document describes a performance-based BGP routing
   mechanism in which network latency metric is taken as one of the
   route selection criteria.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-performce-routing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-idr-performce-routing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/