Subject: I-D Action: draft-mietz-core-coap-state-option-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:00:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : CoAP High-Level State Option Extension
	Author(s)       : Richard Mietz
	Filename        : draft-mietz-core-coap-state-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained devices which
   are often equipped with sensors measuring a physical phenomenon such
   as temperature on a precise scale.  These sensor values are made
   available by a resource on the CoAP endpoint.  However, for many
   applications it is not necessary to have the full precision a sensor
   can provide.  It's often even enough to only have some high-level
   states instead of raw values.  This document presents a new option
   for CoAP to dynamically create new resources for a sensor which
   provides user-defined high-level states instead of raw sensor values.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mietz-core-coap-state-option

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mietz-core-coap-state-option-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mietz-core-coap-state-option-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/