Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:16:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : PMIPv6 multicast handover optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Ignacio Soto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2013-12-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies an experimental multicast handover
   optimization mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6 to accelerate the
   delivery of multicast traffic to mobile nodes after handovers.  The
   mechanism is based on speeding up the acquisition of mobile nodes'
   multicast context by the mobile access gateways.  To do that,
   extensions to the current Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol are proposed.
   These extensions are not only applicable to the base solution for
   multicast support in Proxy Mobile IPv6, but they can also be applied
   to other solutions developed to avoid the tunnel convergence problem.
   Furthermore, these extensions are also independent of the role played
   by the mobile access gateway within the multicast network (either
   acting as multicast listener discovery proxy or multicast router).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/