Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 04:13:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Provisioning IPv4 Configuration Over IPv6 Only Networks
	Author(s)       : Branimir Rajtar
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-12-06

Abstract:
   As IPv6 becomes more widely adopted, some service providers are
   choosing to deploy IPv6 only networks without dual-stack
   functionality for IPv4.  However, as access to IPv4 based services
   will continue to be a requirement for the foreseeable future, IPv4
   over IPv6 mechanisms, such as softwire tunnels are being developed.

   In order to provision end-user's hosts with the IPv4 configuration
   necessary for such mechanisms, a number of different approaches have
   been proposed.  This memo discusses each of the proposals, identifies
   the benefits and drawbacks and recommends a single approach as the
   basis for future deployment and development.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/