Subject: I-D Action: draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:51:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Why Operators Filter Fragments and What It Implies
	Author(s)       : Joel Jaeggli
                          Lorenzo Colitti
                          Warren Kumari
                          Eric Vyncke
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-12-03

Abstract:
   This memo was written to make application developers and network
   operators aware of the significant possibility that IPv6 packets
   containing fragmentation extension headers may fail to reach their
   destination.  Some protocol or application assumptions about the
   ability to use messages larger than a single packet may accordingly
   not be supportable in all networks or circumstances.

   This memo provides observational evidence for the dropping of IPv6
   fragments along a significant number of paths, explores the
   operational impact of fragmentation and the reasons and scenarios
   where drops occur, and considers the effect of fragment drops on
   applications where fragmentation is known to occur, particularly
   including DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-taylor-v6ops-fragdrop-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/