Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivancic-scf-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 10:12:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Store, Carry and Forward Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : William Ivancic
                          Wesley M. Eddy
                          Alan G. Hylton
                          Dennis C. Iannicca
                          Joseph A. Ishac
	Filename        : draft-ivancic-scf-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2013-12-13

Abstract:
   This document provides a problem statement for non-realtime
   communication between systems that are generally disconnected, which
   require multiple network hops between source and destination, and
   which may never be fully connected end-to-end at any given time.
   This document describes a number of use cases that motivate having a
   standard method to communicate between such systems, as multi-
   organization and multi-vendor support and interoperability is highly
   desirable.  These use cases include dismounted soldiers, sensorwebs,
   medical devices, animal tracking, low-Earth-orbiting satellites and
   data mule scenarios.  To avoid confusion in terminology when trying
   to focus on the problem and requirements without bias towards
   particular technical solutions, at this time, we refer to the
   protocol instances that would support such communications as Store,
   Carry, and Forwarding (SCF) agents, and refer to their activity as
   SCF networking.  The concepts involved in SCF networking are not
   entirely new and several facets of the problem have been solved in
   multiple incompatible ways in existing or historic systems.  This
   document describes the core SCF problem and gives an assessment of
   the ability to use existing technologies as solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivancic-scf-problem-statement

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivancic-scf-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ivancic-scf-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/