Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-isis-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:21:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advertising Global Labels or SIDs Using IS-IS
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Mach Chen
	Filename        : draft-xu-isis-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-12-24

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) is a new MPLS paradigm in which each SR-capable
   router is required to advertise global MPLS labels or Segment IDs
   (SID ) for its attached prefixes by using link-state IGPs, e.g., IS-
   IS.  One major challenge associated with such global MPLS label or
   SID advertisement mechanism is how to avoid a given global MPLS label
   or SID from being allocated by different routers to different
   prefixes.  Although such global label or SID allocation collision
   problem can be addressed through manual allocation , it is error-
   prone and nonautomatic therefore may not be suitable in large-scale
   SR network environments.  This document proposes an alternative
   approach for allocating and advertising global MPLS labels or SIDs
   via IS-IS so as to eliminate the potential risk of label allocation
   collision.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-isis-global-label-sid-adv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-isis-global-label-sid-adv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/