Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-trill-centralized-replication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:59:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Centralized Replication for BUM traffic in active-active edge connection
	Author(s)       : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Tao Han
	Filename        : draft-hao-trill-centralized-replication-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   In TRILL active-active access scenario, RPF check failure issue may
   occur when pseduonode nickname mechanism in [TRILLPN] is used. This
   draft is to solve RPF check failure issue through centralized
   replication for BUM traffic solution. The basic idea is that all
   ingress RBs send BUM traffic to a centralized node through unicast
   TRILL encapsulation, the centralized node decapsulates the unicast
   TRILL packet. Then the centralized node searches its multicast
   forwarding table to replicates a copy of the BUM traffic to
   destination RBs through TRILL unicast encapsulation. Through
   centralized replication solution, only unicast forwarding behavior is
   required between edge RB and centralized RB, so no RPF check function
   is required on any device in TRILL campus through centralized
   replication solution and no RPF check failure issue occurs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-centralized-replication

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-trill-centralized-replication-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/