Subject: I-D Action: draft-pporamba-core-dtls-certkey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:44:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Certificate based keying scheme for DTLS secured IoT
	Author(s)       : Pawani Porambage
                          Pradeep Kumar
                          Andrei Gurtov
                          Mika Ylianttila
                          Erkki Harjula
	Filename        : draft-pporamba-core-dtls-certkey-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-12-09

Abstract:
   The IP-based Internet of Things (IoT) stands for the universal
   interconnection of smart objects and back end users with the help of
   IP protocols.  Secure key management among the smart objects is an
   important aspect of IoT security.  Due to the high levels of resource
   constraints of the devices in terms of memory, battery capacity and
   CPU power, and other network characteristics such as mobility,
   scalability, heterogeneity and limited bandwidth, the conventional
   security protocols cannot be directly deployed in IoT networks in
   their raw formats.  We propose a lightweight DTLS-based keying
   mechanism for CoAP IoT smart objects which supports the scalability
   of the network and node mobility.  In addition to the key
   establishment part the protocol also provides node authentication.
   The protocol consumes less device resources and minimum network
   bandwidth by incurring low message overhead.  The smart objects can
   securely access the network and obtain certificates after an initial
   configuration irrespective of the manufacturer standards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pporamba-core-dtls-certkey

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pporamba-core-dtls-certkey-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/