Subject: I-D Action: draft-jennings-vipr-overview-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:02:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Verification Involving PSTN Reachability: Requirements and Architecture Overview
	Author(s)       : Mary Barnes
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Marc Petit-Huguenin
	Filename        : draft-jennings-vipr-overview-06.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2013-12-09

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has seen widespread deployment
   within individual domains, typically supporting voice and video
   communications.  Though it was designed from the outset to support
   inter-domain federation over the public Internet, such federation has
   not materialized.  The primary reasons for this are the complexities
   of inter-domain phone number routing and concerns over security.
   This document reviews this problem space, outlines requirements, and
   then describes a model and technique for inter-domain federation with
   SIP involving the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), called
   Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (VIPR).  VIPR addresses the
   problems that have prevented inter-domain federation over the
   Internet.  It provides fully distributed inter-domain routing for
   phone numbers, authorized mappings from phone numbers to domains, a
   new technique for automated SIP anti-spam, and privacy of number
   ownership, all while preserving the trapezoidal model of SIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-vipr-overview

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jennings-vipr-overview-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/