Subject: I-D Action: draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 01:44:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : 6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
	Author(s)       : Diego Dujovne
                          Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Nicola Accettura
	Filename        : draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-12-06

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of the On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling for the IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC
   protocol in the context of LLNs.  The purpose of OTF is to
   dynamically adapt the number of reserved cells between neighbor nodes
   to satisfy different type of constraints, based on the specific
   application.  The cell reservation with OTF is distributed: neighbor
   nodes negotiate the cell(s) to be (re)allocated/deleted among them,
   without the intervention of a centralized entity.  This document aims
   to define a module which uses the functionalities provided by the
   6top sublayer to extract statistics and to reserve/delete cells in
   the schedule, leaving the reservation/deletion algorithm, and the
   number and type of statistics to be used in the algorithm itself,
   open.  OTF allows to reserve/delete either a single cell between a
   couple of nodes, or a set of them (i.e., a bundle) in the TSCH
   schedule.  Also, OTF allows to negotiate the aggregate bandwidth of a
   link without explicitly dealing with a reservation of a specific
   subset of cells.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/