Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-srv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:07:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA records with SRV and MX records.
	Author(s)       : Tony Finch
                          Matthew Miller
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-srv-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-12-13

Abstract:
   The DANE specification (RFC 6698) describes how to use TLSA resource
   records in the DNS to associate a server's host name with its TLS
   certificate.  The association is secured with DNSSEC.  Some
   application protocols use SRV records (RFC 2782) to indirectly name
   the server hosts for a service domain (SMTP uses MX records for the
   same purpose).  This specification gives generic instructions for how
   these application protocols locate and use TLSA records when
   technologies such as SRV records are used.  Separate documents give
   the details that are specific to particular application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-srv-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-srv-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/