Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:51:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC)
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
                          Elizabeth Zwicky
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-02.txt
	Pages           : 78
	Date            : 2013-12-06

Abstract:
   This memo presents a proposal for a scalable mechanism by which a
   mail sending organization can express, using the Domain Name System,
   domain-level policies and preferences for message validation,
   disposition, and reporting, and a mail receiving organization can use
   those policies and preferences to improve mail handling.

   The email ecosystem currently lacks a cohesive mechanism through
   which email senders and receivers can make use of multiple
   authentication protocols to establish reliable domain identifiers,
   communicate policies about those identifiers, and report about mail
   using those identifiers.  This lack of cohesion has several effects:
   receivers have difficulty providing feedback to senders about
   authentication, senders therefore have difficulty evaluating their
   authentication deployments, and as a result neither is able to make
   effective use of existing authentication technology

   The enclosed proposal is not intended to introduce mechanisms that
   provide elevated delivery privilege of authenticated email.  The
   proposal presents a mechanism for policy distribution that enables a
   continuum of increasingly strict handling of messages that fail
   multiple authentication checks, from no action, through altered
   delivery, up to message rejection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/