Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:23:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Minimal Unauthenticated Encryption (MUE) for HTTP/2
	Author(s)       : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2013-12-03

Abstract:
   HTTP/2 can be run under TLS as a transport if the origin for the
   request is an https: URL.  There is a desire to encrypt much more web
   traffic than just the traffic that is already encrypted with TLS.
   This document proposes a method to establish unauthenticated
   encryption within normal HTTP/2 flows to prevent passive surveillance
   using as few as zero additional round trips.  The method described
   here is definitely less robust than normal TLS and is thus not
   offered as an alternative to TLS for https: URLs; it is only offered
   as a fast way within HTTP/2 to cause unauthenticated encryption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoffman-httpbis-minimal-unauth-enc-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/