Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-deng-mptcp-nrsack-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:46:47 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Non-Renegable Selective Acknowledgements (NR-SACKs) for MPTCP
    Author(s)     : Z. Deng
    Filename      : draft-deng-mptcp-nrsack
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : Dec. 4, 2013 
    
Multipath Transmission Control Protocol (MPTCP) [RFC6824] adopts
       Selective Acknowledgements (SACKs) at the subflow level to allow an
       MPTCP receiver to acknowledge the receipt of out-of-order data. In
       MPTCP, SACK information is expected (but not mandated)--though SACKs
       notify a data sender the reception of specific out-of-order data, the
       out-of-order data cannot be delivered to application layer until it
       has been cumulatively acknowledged at the connection-level. The MPTCP
       data receiver is permitted to later abandon the out-of-order data
       cached in the receive buffer. The out-of-order data is called
       renegable. Since the delivery of a SACKed out-of-order data is
       renegable, the sender has to maintain copies of SACKed data in the
       send buffer until it is cumulatively acked. As a result, the send
       buffer is inevitably wasted and the transmission rate is restricted
       even though the network is not congested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deng-mptcp-nrsack-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.