Subject: I-D Action: draft-nachum-smartap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:54:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Smart Tapping (SmarTap)
        Authors         : Youval Nachum
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Tal Mizrahi
	Filename        : draft-nachum-smartap-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   Tapping  technologies  provide  traffic  visibility  to  network
   analysis tools such as monitors, traffic recorders and security
   systems. Current tapping architectures and protocols are vendor
   specific and adapted to legacy networks.

   Emerging networking such as large scale datacenters for cloud
   applications and Mobile backhaul networks demand accurate and fast
   network traffic visibility. These networks are built on Layer 2
   technologies  and  infrastructure  to  support  virtual  machines
   mobility, growing number of devices including mobile users.

   SmarTap architecture is designed to support emerging network
   requirements  allowing  network  analysis  tools  to  gain  full
   visibility of network traffic. SmarTap technology monitors each
   link and each component of the network. It captures packets,
   classifies them and sends them to tools with relevant packet
   attributes.  SmarTap  can  provide  attributes  such  as  flow-ID,
   tapping-location, tapping-time and statistics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nachum-smartap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nachum-smartap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/