Subject: I-D Action: draft-krishnan-sfc-long-lived-flow-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 21:10:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC Long-lived Flow Use Cases
        Authors         : Ram Krishnan
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Joel Halpern
                          Sriganesh Kini
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-sfc-long-lived-flow-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-01-08

Abstract:
   Long-lived flows such as file transfers, video streams are common in
   today's networks. In the context of service function chaining, this
   draft suggests use cases for dynamic bypass of certain service nodes
   for such flows. The benefit of this approach would be to avoid
   expensive Layer 7 service node processing for such flows based on
   dynamic decisions and improve overall performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-sfc-long-lived-flow-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-sfc-long-lived-flow-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/