Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:07:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Universal Extension Header
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will (Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-01-30

Abstract:
   This document analyzes a problem in the Uniform Format for IPv6
   Extension Headers specified in RFC 6564, which results in forwarding
   nodes and middle-boxes not being able to process an IPv6 Header Chain
   if it contains an unrecognized IPv6 Extension Header that follows the
   aforementioned Uniform Format.  Additionally, it specifies a new IPv6
   Extension Header - the Universal Extension Header - that overcomes
   the aforementioned problem, and enables the extensibility of IPv6
   without impairing middleboxes that need to process the entire IPv6
   Header Chain.  Finally, this document formally updates RFC 6564

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/