Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:14:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deprecation of AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET in BGP
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-03.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-01-06

Abstract:
   RFC 6472 (i.e., BCP 172) recommends not using AS_SET and
   AS_CONFED_SET in BGP.  This document updates RFC 4271 and proscribes
   the use of the AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET types of the AS_PATH in
   BGPv4.  This is done to simplify the design and implementation of BGP
   and to make the semantics of the originator of a route more clear.
   This will also simplify the design, implementation, and deployment of
   ongoing work in the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/