Subject: I-D Action: draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 17:18:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtualized Network Function (VNF) Pool Problem Statement
        Authors         : Ning Zong
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Melinda Shore
                          Diego Lopez
	Filename        : draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-01-13

Abstract:
   There is a trend to implement network services by using a group of
   Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) called a VNF set.  A VNF set can
   offer benefits like flexible service provisioning.  A VNF set also
   introduces additional points of failure, and therefore poses
   additional challenges on reliability.

   This document overviews the problems related to the reliability of a
   VNF set.  A VNF pooling architecture is also briefly introduced as
   candidate solution to address the problems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/