Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:57:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Separation of Control and User Plane for Proxy Mobile IPv6
        Authors         : Ryuji Wakikawa
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-01-13

Abstract:
   This document describes splitting of Control Plane (CP) and User
   Plane (UP) for a Proxy Mobile IPv6 based network infrastructure.
   Existing specifications allow a MAG to perform splitting of its
   control and user plane using Alternate Care of address mobility
   option for IPv6, or Alternate IPv4 Care of Address option for IPv4.
   However, the current specification does not have semantics for
   allowing the LMA to perform such functional split.  To realize this
   requirement, this specification defines a mobility option that
   enables a local mobility anchor to provide an alternate LMA address
   to be used for the bi-directional tunnel between the MAG and LMA.
   With this extension, a local mobility anchor will be able to use an
   IP address for its user plane which is different than the IP address
   used for the control plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/