Subject: I-D Action: draft-murillo-mile-cps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 07:57:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IODEF extension for Reporting Cyber-Physical System Incidents
        Author          : Martin Murillo
	Filename        : draft-murillo-mile-cps-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-01-21

Abstract:
   This draft document will extend the Incident Object Description
   Exchange Format (IODEF) defined in [RFC5070] to support the reporting
   of incidents dealing with attacks to physical infrastructure through
   the utilization of IT means as a vehicle or as a tool.  These systems
   might also be referred as Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), Operational
   Technology Systems, Industrial Control Systems, Automatic Control
   Systems, or simply Control Systems.  These names are used
   interchangeably in this document.  In this context, an incident is
   generally the result of a cybersecurity issue whose main goal is to
   affect the operation of a CPS.  It is considered that any
   unauthorized alteration of the operation is always malign.  This
   extension will provide the capability of embedding structured
   information, such as identifier- and XML-based information.  In its
   current state, this document provides important considerations for
   further work in implementing Cyber-Physical System incident reports,
   either by utilizing any already existing industry formats (XML-
   encoded) and/or by utilizing atomic data.

   In addition, this document should provide appropriate material for
   helping making due considerations in making an appropriate decision
   on how a CPS reporting is done: 1) through a data format extension to
   the Incident Object Description Exchange Format [RFC5070], 2) forming
   part of an already existing IODEF-extension for structured
   cybersecurity information (currently draft
   draft-ietf-mile-sci-11.txt), or others.  While the format and
   contents of the present document fit more the earlier option, these
   can also be incorporated to the later.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murillo-mile-cps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murillo-mile-cps-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/