Subject: I-D Action: draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 07:38:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS-based Multicast Security for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
        Authors         : Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-01-17

Abstract:
   The CoAP and 6LoWPAN standards are fast emerging as the de-facto
   protocols in the area of resource-constrained devices.  Such IP-based
   systems are foreseen to be used for building and lighting control
   systems where wireless devices interconnect with each other, forming
   low-power and lossy networks (LLNs).  Both multicast and its security
   are key needs in these networks.  This draft presents a method for
   securing IPv6 multicast communication in LLNs based on the DTLS which
   is already present for unicast in these CoAP devices.  This draft
   deals with the adaptation of the DTLS record layer to protect
   multicast group communication, assuming that all group members
   already have the group security association parameters in their
   possession.  The adapted DTLS record layer provides message
   confidentiality, integrity and replay protection to group messages
   using the group keying material before sending the message via IPv6
   multicast to the group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/