Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:05:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Syslog Format for NAT Logging
        Authors         : Zhonghua Chen
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
                          T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-06.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2014-01-24

Abstract:
   NAT devices are required to log events like creation and deletion of
   translations and information about the resources the NAT is managing.
   The logs are required to identify an attacker or a host that was used
   to launch malicious attacks, and for various other purposes of
   accounting and management.  Since there is no standard way of logging
   this information, different NAT devices behave differently.  The lack
   of a consistent way makes it difficult to write the collector
   applications that would receive this data and process it to present
   useful information.

   This document describes the information that is required to be logged
   by the NAT devices.  It goes on to standardize formats for reporting
   these events and parameters using SYSLOG (RFC 5424).  A companion
   document specifies formats for reporting the same events and
   parameters using IPFIX (RFC 7011).  Applicability statements are
   provided in this document and its companion to guide operators and
   implementors in their choice of which technology to use for logging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/