Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-strint-workshop-messaging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:59:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : STRINT Workshop Position Paper: Levels of Opportunistic Privacy Protection for Messaging-Oriented Architectures
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Pete Resnick
	Filename        : draft-crocker-strint-workshop-messaging-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-01-15

Abstract:
   Given a concern for pervasive monitoring, messaging information
   needing protection includes primary payload, descriptive meta-data,
   and traffic-related analysis.  Complete protection against pervasive
   monitoring (PM), for traffic through complex handling sequences, has
   not yet been achieved reliably in real-world operation.
   Consequently, it is reasonable to consider a range of mechanisms, for
   protecting differing amounts of information and against monitoring of
   different kinds.  Although channel-based encryption can be helpful,
   it is not sufficient.  This paper considers pursuing different levels
   of end-to-end protection, referencing examples of component
   mechanisms that already have encouraging field experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-strint-workshop-messaging/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-strint-workshop-messaging-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/