Subject: I-D Action: draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:41:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pNFS Metadata Striping
        Authors         : Matt Benjamin
                          Casey Bodley
                          Adam C. Emerson
                          Pranoop Ersani
                          Peter Honeyman
	Filename        : draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-01-13

Abstract:
   This Internet-Draft describes a means to add metadata striping to
   pNFS.  The text of this draft is substantially based on prior drafts
   by Eisler, M., with some departures.  The current draft attempts to
   define a somewhat lighter-weight protocol, in particular, seeks to
   permit striping for "filehandle only" operations such as LOCK and
   OPEN + CLAIM_FH, without clients having to obtain metadata layouts on
   regular files.  We gratefully acknowledge the primary contributions
   of Mike Eisler, Pranoop Ersani, and others.

Internet Draft Comments

   Comments regarding this draft are solicited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/