Subject: I-D Action: draft-savolainen-6lo-optimal-transmission-window-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:03:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimal Transmission Window Option for ICMPv6 Router Advertisement
        Author          : Teemu Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-savolainen-6lo-optimal-transmission-window-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-01-31

Abstract:
   For a class of gateways an activation of an uplink network
   connection, such as cellular radio connection, incurs a fixed cost in
   form of consumed energy.  For these gateways minimizing the number of
   uplink activations is of importance.  This specification describes an
   Optimal Transmission Window option for ICMPv6 Router Advertisement
   that a gateway can use to communicate optimal transmission window for
   nodes it is serving, thus helping to group separate transmissions
   together and thereby reduce number of gateway's uplink connection
   activation events.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-savolainen-6lo-optimal-transmission-window/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-savolainen-6lo-optimal-transmission-window-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/