Subject: I-D Action: draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 21:19:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6rd Tunnel MTU
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   The 6rd tunnel MTU is currently recommended to be set to 1480.  This
   is to avoid IPv4 fragmentation within the tunnel, but requires the
   6rd tunnel ingress to drop any IPv6 packet larger than 1480 bytes and
   return an ICMPv6 Packet Too Big (PTB) message.  Concerns for
   operational issues with both IPv4 and IPv6 Path MTU Discovery point
   to the possibility of MTU-related black holes when a packet is
   dropped due to an MTU restriction.  Fortunately, the "Internet cell
   size" is 1500 bytes (i.e., the minimum MTU configured by the vast
   majority of links in the Internet) so if the 6rd tunnel can be made
   to support at least this size MTU issues are alleviated.  This
   document specifies methods that can be employed to support these
   larger sizes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/