Subject: I-D Action: draft-halpern-6man-nd-pre-resolve-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:44:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Triggering ND Address Resolution on Receiving DAD-NS
        Authors         : I. Chen
                          J. Halpern
	Filename        : draft-halpern-6man-nd-pre-resolve-addr-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-01-10

Abstract:
   This draft proposes a new optional event to trigger address
   resolution using IPv6 Neighbor Discovery.  This helps optimize router
   performance, and can help mitigate certain potential ND-related
   denial-of-service attacks.  Upon receiving a DAD-NS message, the
   neighbor solicitation message used to detect duplicate addresses, if
   the target address encoded in the DAD-NS is not a duplicate address,
   the receiving device responds by triggering address resolution for
   the target address in the DAD-NS, in preparation for expectant future
   communication with the sending device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-halpern-6man-nd-pre-resolve-addr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-halpern-6man-nd-pre-resolve-addr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/