Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:39:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of Multipath with MPLS and MPLS-TP
        Author          : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-01-28

Abstract:
   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) has strongly discouraged
   the use of multipath techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP
   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) performance cannot
   be avoided when operating over many types of multipath
   implementations.

   Using MPLS Entropy Labels (RFC6790), MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
   can be carried over multipath links while also providing a fully
   MPLS-TP compliant server layer for MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document
   describes the means of supporting MPLS as a server layer for MPLS-TP.
   The use of MPLS-TP LSPs as a server layer for MPLS LSPs is also
   discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/