Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-ccamp-rsvpte-ber-measure-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:59:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RSVP-TE Extensions for Bit Error Rate (BER) Measurement
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Li Zhang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-rsvpte-ber-measure-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-01-15

Abstract:
   In the mobile backhaul network, the mobile service is sensitive to
   Bit Error Rate (BER).  When the BER value of the service exceeds the
   threshold, the Base Station will stop working and the User Equipments
   (UEs) cannot obtain voice and data services anymore.  Now the mobile
   backhaul tends to be IP/MPLS network and MPLS TE LSP is used to bear
   the mobile service which may be encapsulated in PW or L3VPN end to
   end.  Then the ingress Label Switched Router (LSR) of the MPLS TE LSP
   needs to get information on BER along the path of the LSP.  This
   document proposes new extensions of RSVP-TE to advertise the BER
   measurement requirement of the specific LSP to all of the transit
   LSRs and the egress LSR, and to report the BER measurement result
   from any transit or egress LSR towards the ingress LSR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-ccamp-rsvpte-ber-measure/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-rsvpte-ber-measure-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-ccamp-rsvpte-ber-measure-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/