Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:56:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Softwire Mesh Multicast
        Authors         : Mingwei Xu
                          Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Shu Yang
                          Chris Metz
                          Greg Shepherd
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-01-14

Abstract:
   The Internet needs to support IPv4 and IPv6 packets.  Both address
   families and their attendant protocol suites support multicast of the
   single-source and any-source varieties.  As part of the transition to
   IPv6, there will be scenarios where a backbone network running one IP
   address family internally (referred to as internal IP or I-IP) will
   provide transit services to attached client networks running another
   IP address family (referred to as external IP or E-IP).  It is
   expected that the I-IP backbone will offer unicast and multicast
   transit services to the client E-IP networks.

   Softwire Mesh is a solution to E-IP unicast and multicast support
   across an I-IP backbone.  This document describes the mechanisms for
   supporting Internet-style multicast across a set of E-IP and I-IP
   networks supporting softwire mesh.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/