Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:18:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP operations and security
        Authors         : Jerome Durand
                          Ivan Pepelnjak
                          Gert Doering
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2014-01-13

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is the protocol almost exclusively used
   in the Internet to exchange routing information between network
   domains.  Due to this central nature, it is important to understand
   the security measures that can and should be deployed to prevent
   accidental or intentional routing disturbances.

   This document describes measures to protect the BGP sessions itself
   (like TTL, MD5, control plane filtering) and to better control the
   flow of routing information, using prefix filtering and
   automatization of prefix filters, max-prefix filtering, AS path
   filtering, route flap dampening and BGP community scrubbing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/