Subject: I-D Action: draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 07:11:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Additional Reserved Top Level Domains
        Authors         : Lyman Chapin
                          Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2014-01-08

Abstract:
   The Internet Domain Name System (DNS) defines a tree of names
   starting with root, ".", immediately below which are top level
   domain (TLD) names such as ".com" and ".us". In June 1999 RFC2606
   reserved a small number of TLD names for use in documentation
   examples, private testing, experiments, and other circumstances in
   which it is desirable to avoid conflict with current or future
   actual TLD names in the DNS.

   There has been significant evolution of Internet engineering and
   operation practices since RFC2606 was published. In February 2013
   RFC6761 defined criteria and procedures for reserving a domain name
   for special use, and established an IANA registry for such names.
   This document reserves eight domain name labels for special use in
   accordance with the criteria and procedures of RFC6761: localdomain,
   domain, lan, home, host, corp, mail, and exchange.

   It is important to note that TLD names may be reserved, in other
   contexts, for policy, political, or other reasons that are distinct
   from the IETF's concern with Internet engineering and operations.
   This document reserves TLD names only for operational and
   engineering reasons.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/