Subject: I-D Action: draft-dawes-insipid-logme-solutions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:08:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Solutions for Marking SIP Messages to be Logged
        Author          : Peter Dawes
	Filename        : draft-dawes-insipid-logme-solutions-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-01-22

Abstract:
   SIP networks use signalling monitoring tools to diagnose user
   reported problem and for regression testing if network or user agent
   software is upgraded.  As networks grow and become interconnected,
   including connection via transit networks, it becomes impractical to
   predict the path that SIP signalling will take between user agents,
   and therefore impractical to monitor SIP signalling end-to-end.

   This draft describes potential solutions to meet requirements for
   adding an indicator to the SIP protocol which can be used to mark
   signalling as of interest to logging.  Such marking will typically be
   applied as part of network testing controlled by the network operator
   and not used in regular user agent signalling.  However, such marking
   can be carried end-to-end including the SIP user agents, even if a
   session originates and terminates in different networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawes-insipid-logme-solutions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawes-insipid-logme-solutions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/