Subject: I-D Action: draft-miller-http-unauth-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:42:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Applying Unauthenticated Transport Layer Security (TLS) to Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP) Connections
        Author          : Matthew Miller
	Filename        : draft-miller-http-unauth-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   With the pervasiveness of passive monitoring and ubiquity of
   unencrypted Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP), it is desirable to
   mitigate passive monitoring without causing an undue burden on HTTP
   user agents and servers.  This document describes the rationale and
   process for using Transport Layer Security (TLS) in an
   unauthenticated manner for exchanging HTTP messages.  The application
   of unauthenticated TLS - particularly when Perfect Forward Secrecy
   (PFS) algorithms are used - change monitoring from being a passive
   attack into an active attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-miller-http-unauth-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-miller-http-unauth-tls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/