Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:52:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advertising Global Labels or SIDs Using OSPF
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Mach Chen
	Filename        : draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-01-20

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) is a new MPLS paradigm in which each SR-capable
   router is required to advertise global MPLS labels or Segment IDs
   (SID) for its attached prefixes by using link-state IGPs, e.g., OSPF.
   One major challenge associated with such global MPLS label or SID
   advertisement mechanism is how to avoid a given global MPLS label or
   SID from being allocated by different routers to different prefixes.
   Although such global label or SID allocation collision problem can be
   addressed through manual allocation , it is error-prone and
   nonautomatic therefore may not be suitable in large-scale SR network
   environments.  This document proposes an alternative approach for
   allocating and advertising global MPLS labels or SIDs via OSPF so as
   to eliminate the potential risk of label allocation collision.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-ospf-global-label-sid-adv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/