Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:21:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IMAP QRESYNC Extension Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IMAP Extensions for Conditional STORE Operation or Quick Flag Changes Resynchronization (CONDSTORE) and Quick Mailbox Resynchronization (QRESYNC)
        Authors         : Alexey Melnikov
                          Dave Cridland
	Filename        : draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-10.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2014-01-30

Abstract:
   Often, multiple IMAP (RFC 3501) clients need to coordinate changes to
   a common IMAP mailbox.  Examples include different clients working on
   behalf of the same user, and multiple users accessing shared
   mailboxes.  These clients need a mechanism to efficiently synchronize
   state changes for messages within the mailbox.

   Initially defined in RFC 4551, The Conditional Store facility
   provides a protected update mechanism for message state information
   and a mechanism for requesting only changes to message state.  This
   memo updates that mechanism and obsoletes RFC 4551, based on
   operational experience.

   This document additionally updates another IMAP extension, Quick
   Resynchronization, which builds on the Conditional Store extension to
   provide an IMAP client the ability to fully resynchronize a mailbox
   as part of the SELECT/EXAMINE command, without the need for
   additional server-side state or client round-trips.  Hence this memo
   obsoletes RFC 5162.

   Finally, this document also updates the line length recommendation in
   Section 3.2.1.5 of RFC 2683.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/