Subject: I-D Action: draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:06:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
        Authors         : Diego Dujovne
                          Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Nicola Accettura
	Filename        : draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling for the IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC
   protocol in the context of LLNs.  The purpose of OTF is to
   dynamically adapt the number of reserved Softcells between neighbor
   nodes to satisfy different types of constraints, based on the
   specific application.  The Softcell reservation with OTF is
   distributed: neighbor nodes negotiate the cell(s) to be (re)allocated
   /deleted among them, without the intervention of a centralized
   entity.  This document aims to define a module which uses the
   functionalities provided by the 6top sublayer to extract statistics
   and to reserve/delete Softcells in the schedule, leaving the
   reservation/deletion algorithm, and the number and type of statistics
   to be used in the algorithm itself, open.  OTF allows to reserve/
   delete either a single Softcell between a couple of nodes, or a
   Bundle in the TSCH schedule.  Also, OTF allows to negotiate the
   aggregate bandwidth without explicitly dealing with a reservation of
   a specific subset of Softcells.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/