Subject: I-D Action: draft-wijnands-rtgwg-mcast-frr-tn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:25:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Tree Notification to Improve Multicast Fast Reroute
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Luc De Ghein
                          Gabor Sandor Enyedi
                          Andras Csaszar
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-rtgwg-mcast-frr-tn-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-01-24

Abstract:
   This draft proposes dataplane triggered Tree Notifications to support
   multicast fast reroute for PIM and mLDP.  These Tree Notifications
   are initiated by a node detecting the failure to a Repair Node
   downstream.  A Repair Node is a node that has a pre-built backup path
   that can circumvent the failure.  Using this mechanism, a Repair Node
   has the ability to learn about non-local failures quickly without
   having to wait for the IGP to convergence.  This draft also covers an
   optional method to avoid bandwidth usage on the pre-built backup
   path.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wijnands-rtgwg-mcast-frr-tn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wijnands-rtgwg-mcast-frr-tn-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wijnands-rtgwg-mcast-frr-tn-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/