Subject: I-D Action: draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 23:36:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Pre-standard Linear Protection Switching in MPLS-TP
        Authors         : Huub van Helvoort
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
                          Haiyan Zhang
                          Feng Huang
                          Han Li
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
	Filename        : draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-01-24

Abstract:
   The IETF Standards Track solution for MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-
   TP) Linear Protection is provided in RFC 6378, draft-ietf-mpls-psc-
   updates and draft-ietf- mpls-tp-psc-itu.

   This document describes the pre-standard implementation of MPLS-TP
   Linear Protection that has been deployed by several network operators
   using equipment from multiple vendors.  At the time of publication
   these pre-standard implementations were still in operation carrying
   live traffic."

   The specified mechanism supports 1+1 unidirectional/bidirectional
   protection switching and 1:1 bidirectional protection switching.  It
   is purely supported by MPLS-TP data plane, and can work without any
   control plane.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

   [Editor's note] To be included in "Status of Memo": This document is
   not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for
   informational purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/