Subject: I-D Action: draft-jeong-eman-network-proxy-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:31:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Proxy Protocol
        Author          : Sangjin Jeong
	Filename        : draft-jeong-eman-network-proxy-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   In the current Internet, it is implicitly assumed that a network node
   is always active so that it can receive the incoming packets at any
   time.  Current networking services and applications are commonly
   designed to be fully available at all times with minimal response
   times.  This assumption keeps network nodes from entering sleeping
   mode in order to reduce energy consumption.  Further, during sleeping
   mode, network nodes may not immediately respond to the incoming
   packets or even lose them.  If network nodes are allowed to go into a
   sleeping mode, they can effectively reduce energy consumption during
   idle period.  Network proxy allows to delegate network node's traffic
   processing to an external system within a network, so that the nodes
   maintain network presence during their sleep.  This document
   describes communication mechanism between network nodes and proxy in
   order to accelerate the wider deployment of network proxy mechanism.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jeong-eman-network-proxy-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-eman-network-proxy-protocol-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jeong-eman-network-proxy-protocol-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/