Subject: I-D Action: draft-previdi-spring-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:13:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SPRING Problem Statement and Requirements
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Ruediger Geib
	Filename        : draft-previdi-spring-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The ability for a node to specify a forwarding path, other than the
   normal shortest path, that a particular packet will traverse,
   benefits a number of network functions.  Source-based routing
   mechanisms have previously been specified for network protocols, but
   have not seen widespread adoption.  In this context, the term
   'source' means 'the point at which the explicit route is imposed'.

   This document outlines various use cases, with their requirements,
   that need to be taken into account by the Source Packet Routing in
   Networking (SPRING) architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-previdi-spring-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-previdi-spring-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/