Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:49:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Mapping and interworking of Diversion information Between Diversion and History-Info Headers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author          : Marianne Mohali
	Filename        : draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   [This version of the document is a draft version for an RFC6044bis
   that will describe the mapping between the Diversion header defined
   in RFC5806 and the new History-Info header defined in RFC7044.]
   Although the SIP History-Info header is the solution adopted in IETF,
   the non-standard Diversion header is nevertheless already implemented
   and used for conveying call diversion related information in the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.
   This document describes a recommended interworking guideline between
   the Diversion header and the History-Info header to handle call
   diversion information.  In addition, an interworking policy is
   proposed to manage the headers' coexistence.  The non-standard
   Diversion header is described, as Historic, in [RFC5806].  The
   History-Info header is described in [RFC7044] that obsoletes
   [RFC4244] initially describing the History-Info header.  [RFC7044]
   defines an optional SIP header field, History-Info, for capturing the
   history information in requests and SIP header field parameters for
   the History-Info and Contact header fields to tag the method by which
   the target of a request is determined.  RFC7044 also defines a value
   for the Privacy header field that directs the anonymization of values
   in the History-Info header field.

   Since the Diversion header is used in existing network
   implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
   interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
   needed.  This work is intended to enable the migration from non-
   standard implementations and deployment toward IETF specification-
   based implementations and deployment.
   This document obsoletes [RFC6044].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohali-rfc6044bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/