Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-id-adoption-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:28:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Handling of Internet Drafts by IETF Working Groups
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-crocker-id-adoption-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-02-06

Abstract:
   The productive output of an IETF working group is documents, as
   mandated by the working group's charter.  When a working group is
   ready to develop a particular document, the most common mechanism is
   for it to "adopt" an existing document as a starting point.  The
   document that a working group adopts and then develops further is
   based on initial input at varying levels of maturity.  An initial
   working group draft might be a document already in wide use, or it
   might be a blank sheet, wholly created by the working group, or it
   might represent any level of maturity in between.  This document
   discusses how a working group typically handles the formal documents
   that it targets for publication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-id-adoption/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-id-adoption-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-id-adoption-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/