Subject: I-D Action: draft-gredler-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:17:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Link-State extensions for Segment Routing
        Authors         : Hannes Gredler
                          Saikat Ray
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-gredler-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
   paths within link-state graphs by encoding paths as sequences of
   topological sub-paths, called "segments".

   The link-state routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPF and OSPFv3) have been
   extended to advertise the segments.  But flooding based propagation
   of path segments using IGPs is limited by the perimeter of the IGP
   domain.  For building paths which span across IGP domains (e.g.
   multiple ASes), the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is better suited as
   its propagation perimeter is not limited like the IGPs.

   This draft defines extensions to the BGP Link-state address-family to
   carry path segment information via BGP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gredler-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gredler-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-extension-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gredler-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-extension-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/