Subject: I-D Action: draft-csf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:47:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Qiong Sun
                          Ian Farrer
                          Yiu L. Lee
                          Qi Sun
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-csf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This memo describes the dynamic allocation of shared IPv4 addresses
   to clients using the DHCPv4 protocol.  Address sharing allows a
   single IPv4 address to be allocated to multiple, active clients
   simultaneously, each client being differentiated by a unique set of
   L4 source ports.  The changes necessary to existing DHCPv4 client and
   server behaviour are described and a new DHCPv4 option for
   provisioning clients with shared IPv4 addresses is included.

   Due to the nature of sharing IP addresses, there are necessarily some
   limitations to the applicability.  This memo describes those
   limitations and recommends suitable architectures and technologies
   where address sharing may be utilized.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-csf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-csf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/