Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:00:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Marco Ermini
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   While there are a large number of documents discussing IP and IPv6
   packet filtering, requirements for IPv6 firewalls have never been
   specified in the RFC series.  When it comes to IPv6, the more limited
   experience with the protocols, and reduced variety of products has
   made it rather difficult to specify what are reasonable features to
   be expected from an IPv6 firewall.  This has typically been a problem
   for network operators, who typically have to produce a "Request for
   Proposal" (from scratch) that describes such features.  This document
   specifies a set of requirements for IPv6 firewalls, marked as
   "mandatory", "recommended", or "optional".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/