Subject: I-D Action: draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:02:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Pre-standard Linear Protection Switching in MPLS-TP
        Authors         : Huub van Helvoort
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
                          Haiyan Zhang
                          Feng Huang
                          Han Li
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
	Filename        : draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-11.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2014-02-12

Abstract:
   The IETF Standards Track solution for MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-
   TP) Linear Protection is provided in RFC 6378, draft-ietf-mpls-psc-
   updates and draft-ietf-mpls-tp-psc-itu.

   This document describes the pre-standard implementation of MPLS-TP
   Linear Protection that has been deployed by several network operators
   using equipment from multiple vendors.  At the time of publication
   these pre-standard implementations were still in operation carrying
   live traffic.

   The specified mechanism supports 1+1 unidirectional/bidirectional
   protection switching and 1:1 bidirectional protection switching.  It
   is purely supported by MPLS-TP data plane, and can work without any
   control plane.

   [Editor's note] The followings are to be included in "Status of
   Memo":

   This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
   published for informational purposes.

   This is a contribution to the RFC Series, independently of any other
   RFC stream.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
   its discretion and makes no statement about its value for
   implementation or deployment.  Documents approved for publication by
   the RFC Editor are not a candidate for any level of Internet
   Standard; see Section 2 of RFC 5741.

   Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
   and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at http://www.rfc-
   editor.org/info/rfcxxxx.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zulr-mpls-tp-linear-protection-switching-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/