Subject: I-D Action: draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 07:10:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ADD-PATH for Route Servers
        Authors         : Pierre Francois
                          Camilo Cardona
                          Adam Simpson
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-02-07

Abstract:
   BGP speakers in Internet Exchange Points exchange routes with a large
   number of peers.  To reduce the burden of maintaining many sessions,
   IXPs implement and administrate BGP route servers.  Route servers
   announce to their clients the paths of multiple peers by using a
   single eBGP session.  Route servers, however, are restricted to
   propagating a single path per NLRI per eBGP session.  This constraint
   affects the path diversity received by clients, which could use paths
   that they would not have chosen, had they known all possible paths.
   To overcome this limitation, we propose in this draft the extension
   of ADD-PATH to eBGP peers in the context of route servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/