Subject: I-D Action: draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:49:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Performance Issues with MPTCP
        Authors         : Ramin Khalili
                          Nicolas Gast
                          Miroslav Popovic
                          Jean-Yves Le Boudec
	Filename        : draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   We show, by measurements over a testbed and by mathematical analysis,
   that the current MPTCP suffers from two problems: (P1) Upgrading some
   TCP users to MPTCP can reduce the throughput of others without any
   benefit to the upgraded users; and (P2) MPTCP users can be
   excessively aggressive towards TCP users. We attribute these problems
   to the "Linked Increases" Algorithm (LIA) of MPTCP [4], and more
   specifically, to an excessive amount of traffic transmitted over
   congested paths. Our results show that these problems are important
   and can be mitigated. We believe that the design of the congestion
   control of MPTCP should be improved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/