Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 01:03:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail
        Authors         : John Levine
                          Mark Delany
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   When the 5321.MailFrom domain in an e-mail message has a DNS MX
   Resource Record (RR), it is making an explicit statement that it is
   willing to accept email.  However, when the domain has just a DNS A
   or AAAA RR, there mail clients cannot easily tell whether the domain
   accepts mail, as many hosts on the Internet advertise an A or AAAA RR
   regardless of whether they want to accept email.

   The NULL MX RR formalizes the existing mechanism by which a domain
   announces that it accepts no mail.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/