Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 04:56:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS-based Security with two-way Authentication for IoT
        Authors         : Corinna Schmitt
                          Burkhard Stiller
	Filename        : draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-02-11

Abstract:
   In this draft the first key idea for a full two-way authentication
   security scheme for the Internet of Things (IoT) based on existing
   Internet standards, specifically the Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) protocol, is introduced.  By relying on an
   established standard, existing implementations, engineering
   techniques, and security infrastructure can be reused, which enables
   an easy security uptake.  The proposed security scheme is, therefore,
   based on RSA, the most widely used public key cryptography algorithm.
   It is designed to work over standard communication stacks that offer
   UDP/IPv6 networking for Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks
   (6LoWPANs).  RSA is a bulky solution at the moment but shows that it
   is possible using it on constraint devices for security purposes.  An
   optimization would be to use elliptic curve cryptography.  For sure
   the proposed handshake will stay the same.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schmitt-two-way-authentication-for-iot-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/