Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:26:05 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Global System for Mobile communications Association (GSMA) and the  International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
    Author(s)     : M. Montemurro, et al
    Filename      : draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn
    Pages         : 16 
    Date          : 2014-02-27 
    
   This specification specifies a Uniform Resource Name namespace for
   the GSMA (Global System for Mobile communications Association) and a
   Namespace Specific String (NSS) for the IMEI (International Mobile
   station Equipment Identity), and an associated parameter for the
   IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software
   Version number).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) and
   are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
   (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal
   Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term
   Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile
   Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.  URNs
   from this namespace almost always contain Personally Identifying
   Information and need to be treated accordingly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.