Subject: I-D Action: draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:59:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Design Considerations for Security Protocols in Constrained Environments
        Authors         : Ludwig Seitz
                          Goeran Selander
	Filename        : draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Considerable effort has been spent on securing existing Internet
   standard authentication and authorization protocols such as TLS,
   Kerberos, and OAuth, among others. It would save a lot of effort if
   these protocols could be profiled to be feasible for constrained
   environments, with some easily obtainable security considerations.

   However, these protocols were typically not designed with constrained
   environments in mind, so profiling of an existing protocol may result
   in a far from optimal solution. Moreover they are not necessarily
   complying with their original design objectives outside their
   intended domain of application.

   This document examines the impact of typical characteristics of
   security protocols (e.g. cryptographic calculations, number and size
   of protocol messages) in a constrained environment.  The goal is to
   provide decision support when different resource usage optimizations
   are possible in the adaptation of a security protocol for this
   setting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-ace-design-considerations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/