Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-aqm-eval-guidelines-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 03:51:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AQM Evaluation Guidelines
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          David Ros
                          Naeem Khademi
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-aqm-eval-guidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-02-07

Abstract:
   Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
   of performance issues.  These performance issues can be addressed by
   some form of Active Queue Management (AQM), optionally in combination
   with a packet scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.  The IETF AQM
   working group was recently formed to standardize AQM schemes that are
   robust, easily implemented, and successfully deployed in today's
   networks.  This document describes various criteria for performing
   precautionary evaluations of AQM proposals.  This document also helps
   in ascertaining whether any given AQM proposal should be taken up for
   standardization by the AQM WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-aqm-eval-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-aqm-eval-guidelines-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/