Subject: I-D Action: draft-fan-idr-ipv6-bgp-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:53:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 BGP Identifier Capability for BGP-4
        Authors         : Peng Fan
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-fan-idr-ipv6-bgp-id-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-02-12

Abstract:
   To solve the problem of BGP Identifier in an IPv6-only network
   without special configuration and planning considerations, this
   document extends BGP to allow a BGP Identifier to be a valid IPv6
   global unicast address assigned to the BGP speaker.  Protocol
   extension includes the definition of a BGP capability code, "IPv6 BGP
   Identifier capability", to be used by a BGP speaker to indicate its
   support for IPv6 address as a BGP Identifier.  This document updates
   RFC 4271.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fan-idr-ipv6-bgp-id/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fan-idr-ipv6-bgp-id-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/