Subject: I-D Action: draft-king-vnfpool-mobile-use-case-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:39:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtualisation of Mobile Core Network Use Case
        Authors         : Daniel King
                          Marco Liebsch
                          Peter Willis
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
	Filename        : draft-king-vnfpool-mobile-use-case-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Accessing the Internet via mobile data services using smartphones,
   tablets, and mobile data USB dongles has increased rapidly, as
   high-speed packet data networks provide the bandwidth required for
   today's Internet applications. Mobile operators will continue to
   evolve their core networks to the Long Term Evolution (LTE)
   Evolved Packet Core (EPC) to meet the mobility, latency and
   bandwidth requirements for mobile data users.

   Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) looks to reduce mobile core
   network complexity and related operational issues by leveraging
   standard IT virtualization technologies and consolidate different
   types of network equipment onto commodity hardware.

   This use case document provides resiliency requirements for
   virtualization of the LTE mobile core network, known as virtualized
   EPC (vEPC).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-king-vnfpool-mobile-use-case/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-king-vnfpool-mobile-use-case-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/