Subject: I-D Action: draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 15:07:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperating Layered Architecture for SDN
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-02-08

Abstract:
   The Software Defined Networking paradigm proposes the separation of
   the control plane from the data plane in the network nodes and its
   logical centralization on a control entity.  All the network
   intelligence is moved to this central entity.  Typically, such
   central entity is seen as a compendium of interacting control
   functions in a vertical, tight integrated fashion.  The relocation of
   the control functions from a number of distributed network nodes to a
   logical central entity conceptually places together a number of
   control capabilities with different purposes.  As a consequence, the
   existing solutions do not provide a clear separation between services
   and transport control.

   This document describes a new proposal named Cooperating Layered
   Architecture for SDN.  The idea behind that is to differentiate the
   control functions associated to transport from those related to
   services, in such a way that they can be provided and maintained
   independently, and can follow their own evolutionary way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/