Subject: I-D Action: draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 07:03:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Why Network-Layer Multicast is Not Always Efficient At Datalink Layer
        Authors         : Eric Vyncke
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Eric Levy-Abegnoli
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-02-06

Abstract:
   Several IETF protocols (IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for example) rely on
   IP multicast in the hope to be efficient with respect to available
   bandwidth and to avoid generating interrupts in the network nodes.
   On some datalink-layer network, for example IEEE 802.11 WiFi, this is
   not the case because of some limitations in the services offered by
   the datalink-layer network.  This document lists and explains all the
   potential issues when using network-layer multicast over some
   datalink-layer networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vyncke-6man-mcast-not-efficient-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/