Subject: I-D Action: draft-kim-source-routing-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:33:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SPRING Use Cases for Software-defined Networking
        Authors         : Sungsu Kim
                          Jaewoo Park
                          EunKyoung Paik
                          Luis M. Contreras
	Filename        : draft-kim-source-routing-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   In the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) architecture, an SDN
   controller establishes flow paths.  An SDN controller provides global
   optimization of paths by controlling all managed switches.  However,
   long flow setup time and failure recovery problems arise due to
   control overhead of an SDN controller.  Segment routing provides
   source routing function by designating an explicit path.  SDN and
   segment routing can be combined to provide both global optimization
   and performance enhancement.  In this document, we illustrate SDN
   segment routing use cases of flow setup, failure recovery, Content
   Distribution Network(CDN), and dual homing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kim-source-routing-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-source-routing-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kim-source-routing-use-cases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/