Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 06:39:07 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Duplicating RTP Streams
    Author(s)     : A. Begen, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication
    Pages         : 13 
    Date          : 2014-02-26 
    
   Packet loss is undesirable for real-time multimedia sessions, but can
   occur due to a variety of reasons including unplanned network
   outages.  In unicast transmissions, recovering from such an outage
   can be difficult depending on the outage duration due to the
   potential large number of missing packets.  In multicast
   transmissions, recovery is even more challenging as many receivers
   could be impacted by the outage.  One solution to this challenge
   without incurring unbounded delay is to duplicate the packets and
   send them in separate redundant streams, provided that the underlying
   network satisfies certain requirements.  This document explains how
   Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) streams can be duplicated without
   breaking RTP or RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) rules.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-duplication-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.