Subject: I-D Action: draft-ogud-appsawg-multiple-namespaces-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:57:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Providing support for multiple namespaces to Internet protocols.
        Author          : Olafur Gudmundsson
	Filename        : draft-ogud-appsawg-multiple-namespaces-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Over the years there have been various proposals as to use namespaces
   other than the DNS/IN namespace that is under ICANN administration.
   Some of these were simple DNS competitors others use different lookup
   technologies.  In addition it is hard to supply different character
   encodings to DNS as each application needs to provide the translation
   between the encoding used and the format expected by DNS.

   This draft proposes a new service layer to provide multiplexing of
   different namespaces into appropriate function calls.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogud-appsawg-multiple-namespaces/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogud-appsawg-multiple-namespaces-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/