Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-nvo3-dhc-vxlan-centraldir-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:19:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Central Directory Approach for Mapping VTEP IP Address to VM MAC/IP address in VXLAN
        Authors         : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Frank Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-nvo3-dhc-vxlan-centraldir-mapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document proposes a central database for the address resolution
   and neighbor discovery protocols in Virtual eXtensible Local Area
   Network or VXLAN environments.  An entry is added to the database
   when a virtual machine is created and an IP address is assigned.
   When a hosted Virtual Machine makes an ARP/ND Request, the source
   Virtual VXLAN tunnel end point, after searching the central database,
   sends Virtual Machine's address resolution and neighbor discovery
   replies in unicast to the hosted Virtual machine.  The document also
   defines DHCPv4/v6 options for DHCPv4/v6 ARP/ND Directory Server IP
   Address and VXLAN Network Identifier.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-dhc-vxlan-centraldir-mapping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-dhc-vxlan-centraldir-mapping-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/