Subject: I-D Action: draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:35:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
        Authors         : Diego Dujovne
                          Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Nicola Accettura
	Filename        : draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of the On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling approach for the IEEE802.15.4e
   TSCH MAC protocol in the context of LLNs.  The purpose of OTF is to
   dynamically adapt the aggregate bandwidth, i.e., the number of
   reserved soft cells between neighbor nodes, based on the specific
   application constraints to be satisfied.  The soft cell and Bundle
   reservation with OTF is distributed: through the 6top interface,
   neighbor nodes negotiate the cell(s) to be (re)allocated/deleted,
   without intervention of a centralized entity.  This document aims at
   defining a module which uses the functionalities provided by the 6top
   sublayer to (i) extract statistics and (ii) determine when to reserve
   /delete soft cells in the schedule.  The exact reservation and
   deletion algorithm, and the number and type of statistics to be used
   in the algorithm are out of scope.  OTF deals only with the number of
   soft cells to be reserved/deleted; it is up to 6top to select the
   specific soft cells within the TSCH schedule.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/