Subject: I-D Action: draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:42:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit Trusted Proxy in HTTP/2.0
        Authors         : Salvatore Loreto
                          John Mattsson
                          Robert Skog
                          Hans Spaak
                          Dan Druta
                          Mohammad Hafeez
	Filename        : draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The purpose of this Internet Draft is to continue the discussion on
   explicit and trusted proxy as intermediary of HTTP2 traffic.

   The httpbis wg has agreed on the HTTP2 usage with HTTP URIs, with or
   without TLS, without any constraints from the standard (see: issue
   314).

   To distinguish between an HTTP2 connection meant to transport "https"
   URIs resources and an HTTP2 connection meant to transport "http" URIs
   resource, the draft proposes to

      register a new value in the Application Layer Protocol negotiation
      (ALPN) Protocol IDs registry specific to signal the usage of HTTP2
      to transport "http" URIs resources: h2clr.

   This document describes two alternative methods for an user-agent to
   automatically discover and for an user to provide consent for a
   Trusted Proxy to be securely involved when he or she is requesting an
   HTTP URI resource over HTTP2 with TLS.  The consent is supposed to be
   per network access.  The draft also describes the role of the Trusted
   Proxy in helping the user to fetch HTTP URIs resource when the user
   has provided consent to the Trusted Proxy to be involved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-loreto-httpbis-trusted-proxy20-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/