Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-sfc-design-analysis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 06:57:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Function Chaining: Design Considerations, Analysis & Recommendations
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Ron Parker
                          Linda Dunbar
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-sfc-design-analysis-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-02-12

Abstract:
   This document aims at analyzing the various design options and
   providing a set of recommendations for the design of Service Function
   Chaining solution(s).  Note:

   o  The analysis does not claim to be exhaustive.  The list includes a
      preliminary set of potential solutions; other proposals can be
      added to the analysis if required.

   o  The analysis is still ongoing.  The analysis text will be updated
      to integrate received comments and inputs.

   o  Sketched recommendations are not frozen.  These recommendations
      are provided as proposals to kick-off the discussion and to
      challenge them.

   o  The analysis does not cover any application-specific solution
      (e.g., HTTP header) because of the potential issues inherent to
      (TLS) encrypted traffic.

   o  The analysis will be updated to take into account the full set of
      SFC requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-sfc-design-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-sfc-design-analysis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boucadair-sfc-design-analysis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/