Subject: I-D Action: draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 07:36:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A generic control stream for Multipath TCP
        Authors         : Christoph Paasch
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-02-11

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP's extensive use of TCP options to exchange control
   information consumes a significant part of the TCP option space.
   Extending MPTCP to add more control information into the session
   becomes cumbersome as the TCP option space is limited to 40 bytes.

   This draft introduces a control stream that allows to send control
   information as part of the subflow's payload.  The control stream is
   mapped into a separate sequence number space and uses a TLV-format
   for maximum extensibility.  It is left to future documents to specify
   how the TLV-format might be used to exchange control information.  As
   the control stream is sent as part of the subflow's payload, it is
   not subject to the 40 bytes limitation of the TCP option space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/