Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-spring-islands-connection-over-ip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:44:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Connecting SPRING Islands over IP Networks
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Siva Sivabalan
	Filename        : draft-xu-spring-islands-connection-over-ip-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-02-07

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) architecture [SR-ARCH] introduces a new MPLS
   paradigm in which a sender of a packet is allowed to partially or
   completely specify the route the packet takes through the network by
   using stacked MPLS labels. The current SR architecture requires an
   end-to-end MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) between any two SR-enabled
   routers (e.g., two adjacent hops of a given explicit path). In order
   to enable SR to be deployed even when there are non-MPLS routers
   along the path between two SR-enabled routers, it is desirable to
   have an alternative, which allows the use of IP-based tunnels (e.g.,
   GRE tunnels) to connect two SR-enabled routers. This document
   describes a mechanism for such usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-spring-islands-connection-over-ip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-spring-islands-connection-over-ip-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/