Subject: I-D Action: draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:15:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtualized Network Function (VNF) Pool Problem Statement
        Authors         : Ning Zong
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Melinda Shore
                          Diego Lopez
	Filename        : draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Network functions are traditionally implemented on specialized
   hardware and less on commodity server, but there is a clear trend to
   implement a number of network functions, such as firewall or load
   balancer, as software on virtualized computing platforms.  These
   virtualized functions are called Virtualized Network Functions
   (VNFs).  We call a group of such VNFs a VNF set, which can be used to
   build network services.  The use of VNF set to build network services
   introduces additional challenges on reliability, such as additional
   points of failure and the need to coordinate various VNFs in a VNF
   set.

   This document discusses the problems related to the reliability of
   VNF set.  A VNF pooling architecture is also briefly introduced, as
   well as related IETF protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zong-vnfpool-problem-statement-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/