Subject: I-D Action: draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:08:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS-based Multicast Security for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
        Authors         : Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Esko Dijk
                          Akbar Rahman
	Filename        : draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The CoAP and 6LoWPAN standards are fast emerging as key protocols in
   the area of resource-constrained devices.  Such IP-based systems are
   foreseen to be used for building and lighting control systems where
   wireless devices interconnect with each other, forming low-power and
   lossy networks (LLNs).  Both multicast and its security are key needs
   in these networks.  This draft presents a method for securing IPv6
   multicast communication in LLNs based on the DTLS which is already
   supported for unicast communication for CoAP devices.  This draft
   deals with the adaptation of the DTLS record layer to protect
   multicast group communication, assuming that all group members
   already have the group security association parameters in their
   possession.  The adapted DTLS record layer provides message
   confidentiality, integrity and replay protection to group messages
   using the group keying material before sending the message via IPv6
   multicast to the group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/