Subject: I-D Action: draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:08:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : I2RS Use Cases for Control of Forwarding Path by Central Control Network Element (CCNE)
        Authors         : Xiaofeng Ji
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Tieying Huang
                          Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   As network expand bridging access, Data Center and WAN, more networks
   have a central control point for the network elements in one
   administrative domain.  This document defines that network device as
   central control network element (CCNE).  The CCNE can be RR Router,
   PCE Server, or a federation of RR Router and PCE Server, or other
   devices.  This document describes use case where the CCNE can utilize
   both these the traditional functions and the programmatic Interface
   to Routing System (I2RS) to communicate with devices in the network.
   The I2RS use cases described in this document encompass: Control IP
   Network by RR Router, Control MPLS TE Network by PCE Server.

   The goal of this document is to inform the community's understanding
   of how CCNE extensions fit within the overall I2RS architecture.  It
   is intended to provide a basis for the solutions draft describing the
   set of interfaces for the CCNE device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/