Subject: I-D Action: draft-garneij-ipv6-nd-m2m-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:56:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Periodic RA Cellular Impact Investigation
        Author          : Fredrik Garneij
	Filename        : draft-garneij-ipv6-nd-m2m-issues-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The use of IPv6 in 3GPP cellular broadband for accessing the Internet
   and other data services like VoLTE via smartphones has increased as a
   result of EPS network deployments worldwide and new IPv6 capable
   smartphones tablets, and netbook computers.  The upcoming rise of
   IoT/M2M is anticipated to bring billions of new devices into these
   networks and the majority of these devices will be using only IPv6.
   This document discusses the EPS network impact of IoT/M2M IPv6
   connectivity specifically targeting the IPv6 Stateless Address Auto
   Configuration (SLAAC), as specified in [RFC4861] and [RFC4862], which
   currently is the only supported IPv6 address configuration mechanism
   in 3GPP standards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-garneij-ipv6-nd-m2m-issues/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garneij-ipv6-nd-m2m-issues-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/