Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-questions-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 03:22:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Unanswered Questions in the Path Computation Element Architecture
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-questions-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-02-06

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) architecture is set out in RFC
   4655. The architecture is extended for multi-layer networking with
   the introduction of the Virtual Network Topology Manager in RFC
   5623, and generalized to Hierarchical PCE in RFC 6805.

   These three architectural views of PCE deliberately leave some key
   questions unanswered especially with respect to the interactions
   between architectural components.  This document draws out those
   questions and discusses them in an architectural context with
   reference to other architectural components, existing protocols, and
   recent IETF work efforts.

   This document does not update the architecture documents and does not
   define how protocols or components must be used.  It does, however,
   suggest how the architectural components might be combined to provide
   advanced PCE function.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-questions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-questions-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-questions-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/