Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:43:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for Virtual Connections on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD) using Interface to Routing System
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Mach Chen
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networks (SDN) provides a way to virtualize and
   abstract the network and present the virtual or abstract resources to
   third-party applications running in software.  Applications can
   utilize a programmable interface to receive these virtual or abstract
   resources descriptions in a form that allows monitoring or
   manipulation of resources within the network.  The Interface to the
   Routing System (I2RS) provides an interface directly to the routing
   System to monitor best paths to any destination or change routes in
   the routing information base (RIB) or MPLS Label Information Base
   (LIB).  The I2RS interfaces may be combined with other interfaces to
   the forwarding plane (ForCES (RFC3746)), device configuration
   (NETCONF), or mid-level/peer-to-peer (ALTO, draft-ietf-alto-protocol)
   system to create these virtual pathways.

   This document outlines how SDN networks can use the I2RS interface to
   implement an automated set of network services for the Virtual
   Connection on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD).
   These systems provide service routing a better way to create paths
   within a hub and spoke environment, and provide service routing the
   ability to create pathways based on service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/