Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:20:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IEEE 802.11 MAC Profile for CAPWAP
        Authors         : Chunju Shao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Farooq Bari
                          Rong Zhang
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   CAPWAP defines two entities Wireless Transmission Point (WTP) and
   Access Controller (AC).  CAPWAP also defines two MAC (Medium Access
   Control) modes for IEEE 802.11 WTPs: Split and Local MAC . For each
   MAC mode, CAPWAP describes how the MAC functionality is split between
   the WTP and AC.  However, certain functions have not been clearly
   defined.  For example for the Split MAC mode, the IEEE 802.11
   encryption is specified as located in either the AC or the WTP with
   no clear way for the AC to inform the WTP where it should be.  This
   lack of specification leads to interoperability especially when AC
   and WTP come from different vendors.  To solve the problem, this
   specification defines a IEEE 802.11 MAC profile where each profile
   specifies an unambigous division of functionality between the WTP and
   AC.  The IEEE 802.11 MAC profile is used as follows: The WTP informs
   the AC of the supported profiles during the discovery or join process
   and the AC configures the WTP with one of the supported profiles
   while configuring a WLAN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/