Subject: I-D Action: draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:21:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Datacenter TCP (DCTCP): TCP Congestion Control for Datacenters
        Authors         : Stephen Bensley
                          Lars Eggert
                          Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This memo describes Datacenter TCP (DCTCP), an improvement to TCP
   congestion control for datacenter traffic.  DCTCP enhances Explicit
   Congestion Notification (ECN) processing to estimate the fraction of
   bytes that encounter congestion, rather than simply detecting that
   some congestion has occurred.  DCTCP then scales the TCP congestion
   window based on this estimate.  This method achieves high burst
   tolerance, low latency, and high throughput with shallow-buffered
   switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/