Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckel-aeon-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:18:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Enabled Open Networking: Problem Statement and Requirements
        Authors         : Charles Eckel
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
	Filename        : draft-eckel-aeon-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Identification and treatment of application flows are critical for
   the successful deployment and operation of applications.
   Historically, this functionality has been accomplished to the extent
   possible using heuristics, which inspect and infer flow
   characteristics.  Heuristics may be based on port ranges, network
   separation, or deep packet inspection (DPI).  But many application
   flows in current usages are dynamic, time-bound (short lived for some
   of them), possibly encrypted (TLS for signaling), peer-to-peer,
   possibly asymmetric, and used on non-dedicated devices, any
   combination of which renders such techniques less effective or
   results in compromises to application security or user privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckel-aeon-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckel-aeon-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/