Subject: I-D Action: draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:05:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure DNS Authentication using CGA/SSAS Algorithm in IPv6
        Authors         : Hosnieh Rafiee
                          Martin von Loewis
                          Christoph Meinel
	Filename        : draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-07.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a new mechanism that can be used to reduce
   the need for human intervention during DNS authentication and secure
   DNS authentication in various scenarios such as the DNS
   authentication of resolvers to stub resolvers, authentication during
   zone transfers, authentication of root DNS servers to recursive DNS
   servers, and authentication during the FQDN (RFC 4703) update.

   Especially in the last scenario, i.e., FQDN, if the node uses the
   Neighbor Discovery Protocol (NDP) (RFC 4861, RFC 4862), unlike the
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) (RFC 3315), the node has
   no way of updating his FQDN records on the DNS and has no means for a
   secure authentication with the DNS server. While this is a major
   problem in NDP-enabled networks, this is a minor problem in DHCPv6.
   This is because the DHCP server updates the FQDN records on behalf of
   the nodes on the network. This document also introduces a possible
   algorithm for DNS data confidentiality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rafiee-intarea-cga-tsig-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/