Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-trill-irb-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:35:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TRILL Distributed Layer 3 Gateway Framework
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Donald E. Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-hao-trill-irb-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Currently TRILL solution can only provide optimum unicast forwarding
   just for Layer2 traffic of intra-subnet forwarding, not for Layer3
   traffic(inter-subnet forwarding). In this document, a TRILL
   distributed gateway solution is introduced to provide optimum
   unicast forwarding not just for Layer 2 traffic (intra-subnet
   forwarding), but also for Layer 3 traffic (inter-subnet forwarding).
   In the TRILL distributed gateway scenario, an edge RB MUST perform
   the Layer 2 routing function for the End Systems that are on the same
   subnet and the IP routing for the End Systems that are on the
   different subnets of same tenant. ESADI extension can be used for
   synchronizing <MAC, IP> correspondence among edge RBridges. To
   reduce the number of ESADI session among edge RBridges, Management
   Data Label for ESADI is suggested to be used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-irb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-trill-irb-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hao-trill-irb-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/