Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-vnf-pool-use-case-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:37:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for Resource Pools with Virtual Network Functions (VNFs)
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-vnf-pool-use-case-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   In the context of virtualization, a service essentially consists of a
   set of Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) with each VNF building on
   top of virtualization infrastructure to implement a specific network
   functions along with the data connections between VNFs.  VNFs may be
   highly distributed existing in devices in data center networks,
   mobile networks or satellite networks.  In some of these
   environments, the resources are highly constrained.

   This draft provides seven use cases the author has observed in
   demonstrations or deployments for the following network function
   virtualization: cloud bursting, parental controls, load balancer for
   multipath (L1-L7), WAN optimization that runs either between access
   nodes and Data Centers, WAN optimization between mobile phones and
   Data Centers (through access nodes), application placement
   optimization, and optimized placement of web applications utilizing
   minimal data transfer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-vnf-pool-use-case/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-vnf-pool-use-case-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-vnf-pool-use-case-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/