Subject: I-D Action: draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:29:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scalable Domain-based Routing Scheme
        Author          : Joo-Chul Lee
	Filename        : draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This memo describes a scalable routing scheme for information centric
   networks. Moving the focus from "nodes" to "information objects"
   raises scalability issue because aggregation of flat name for objects
   is not easy task and the number of addressable information objects is
   so huge than the IP address space. For scalable routing, we propose
   hierarchically-organized domain architecture. A domain is a "logical
   group" of information objects and each domain has its own ID. The
   concatenation of domain IDs from top level domain to the current
   domain plays the role of "locator". Thus, we can get scalable routing
   table and it is more scalable by means of "topology reduction". More
   challenging issue is name-based forwarding. It is hard to aggregate
   forwarding table due to flat name space, therefore we propose
   "reactive path setup".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/