Subject: I-D Action: draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 06:14:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Global Synchronization Protection for Packet Queues
        Author          : Wolfram Lautenschlaeger
	Filename        : draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Transmission capacity sharing TCP flows tend to synchronize among
   each other. This way rate variations of the individual flows, which
   are caused by the congestion control algorithms, do not even out. The
   effect is known as global synchronization. Large queuing buffer
   demand and large latency and jitter are the consequences. Global
   Synchronization Protection (GSP) is an extension of regular tail drop
   packet queuing schemes that prevents global synchronization. For
   large traffic aggregates the de-correlation between the individual
   flow variations reduces buffer demand and packet sojourn time by an
   order of magnitude and more. Even though quite simple, the solution
   has a theoretical rationale and is not heuristic, and it has been
   tested with a Linux implementation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/