Subject: I-D Action: draft-xue-radext-key-management-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 01:58:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Key Management in WLAN network
        Authors         : Li Xue
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Bo Gao
	Filename        : draft-xue-radext-key-management-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-02-12

Abstract:
   When a mobile device (referred to as Station (STA) in this work)
   tries to connect to a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), it needs to
   first perform mutual authentication with the EAP server of the
   network.  As a result of successful authentication, a Pairwise Master
   Key (PMK) will be generated, and distributed to the STA and the
   Authenticator of the network by the EAP server respectively.  The PMK
   is used for securing the subsequent communications between the STA
   and the Wireless Termination Point (WTP) it attaches to.  In
   practice, the authenticator may not be deployed on the WTP.  In this
   case, an approach is required to help the WTP to obtain the PMK.
   This work tries to discuss the issues related with this topic and
   proposes a RADIUS extension to address the problem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xue-radext-key-management/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xue-radext-key-management-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xue-radext-key-management-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/