Subject: I-D Action: draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:54:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
        Authors         : Bilhanan Silverajan
                          Teemu Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   CoAP is being standardised as an application level REST-based
   protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
   transmitted using UDP or DTLS as transports.  These transports are
   optimal solutions for CoAP use in IP-based constrained environments
   and nodes.  However compelling motivation exists for understanding
   how CoAP can operate with other transports, such as the need for M2M
   communication using non-IP networks, improved transport level end-to-
   end reliability and security, NAT and firewall traversal issues, and
   mechanisms possibly incurring a lower overhead to CoAP/HTTP
   translation gateways.  This draft examines the requirements for
   conveying CoAP packets to end points over such alternative
   transports.  It also provides URI solutions for representing CoAP
   resources over alternative transports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/