Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-6man-why64-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Analysis of the 64-bit Boundary in IPv6 Addressing
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Tim Chown
                          Fernando Gont
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Alexandru Petrescu
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-6man-why64-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-02-05

Abstract:
   The IPv6 unicast addressing format includes a separation between the
   prefix used to route packets to a subnet and the interface identifier
   used to specify a given interface connected to that subnet.
   Historically the interface identifier has been defined as 64 bits
   long, leaving 64 bits for the prefix.  This document discusses the
   reasons for this fixed boundary and the issues involved in treating
   it as a variable boundary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-6man-why64/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-6man-why64-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-6man-why64-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/