Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2rs-info-model-policy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:54:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Information Model for Network policy
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2rs-info-model-policy-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-02-12

Abstract:
   This document introduces an information model for network policies.
   This model operates as policy model that can be linked to other
   information model such as the I2RS RIB information model.

   Some applications that utilize the services of I2RS client may
   require specific set of data in response to network events or
   conditions based on pre-established rules.  In order to reduce the
   data flow through the network, the I2RS client needs to signal the
   I2RS agent to filter some of the collected data or events prior to
   transmission, or group the data prior to transmission to the i2rs
   client.  This functionality is necessary to meet the requirements
   i2rs enabled services which include service-layer routing
   improvements, and control of traffic flows and exit points.

   The information model is based on extensible information model for
   representing policies, for example, the Policy Core Information Model
   (PCIM) (RFC3060), and an extension to this model to address the need
   for QoS management, called the Quality of Service (QoS) Policy
   Information Model (QPIM)(RFC3644).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-info-model-policy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-info-model-policy-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-i2rs-info-model-policy-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/