Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:23:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
        Authors         : Per Hurtig
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Petlund
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
   SCTP retransmission timers that provides faster loss recovery when
   there is a small amount of outstanding data for a connection.  The
   modification allows the transport to restart its retransmission timer
   more aggressively in situations where fast retransmit cannot be used.
   This enables faster loss detection and recovery for connections that
   are short-lived or application-limited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/