Subject: I-D Action: draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:46:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RPL Routing Pathology In a Network With a Mix of Nodes Operating in Storing and Non-Storing Modes
        Authors         : JeongGil Ko
                          Jongsoo Jeong
                          Jongjun Park
                          Jong Arm Jun
                          Naesoo Kim
                          Omprakash Gnawali
	Filename        : draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-02-11

Abstract:
   The RPL specification allows nodes running with storing or non-
   storing modes to operate in the same network.  We describe how such a
   mix can result in network partitioning even when there are plenty of
   physical links available in the network.  The partitioning affects
   both upwards (nodes to root) and downwards (root to leaf) traffic.
   This routing pathology stems from a recommendation made in the RPL
   specification forcing nodes with different modes of operation to join
   the RPL network as leaf nodes only.  We propose a solution that
   modifies RPL by mandating that all the nodes parse and interpret
   source routing headers and storing mode nodes to sometimes act like a
   non-storing mode root by attaching source routing headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ko-roll-mix-network-pathology-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/