Subject: I-D Action: draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:48:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6rd Tunnel MTU
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The tunnel MTU on 6rd Provider Edge (PE) and Consumer Edge (CE)
   routers is currently recommended to be set to 1480.  This is to avoid
   IPv4 fragmentation within the tunnel, but requires the tunnel ingress
   to drop any IPv6 packet larger than 1480 bytes and return an ICMPv6
   Packet Too Big (PTB) message.  Concerns for operational issues with
   both IPv4 and IPv6 Path MTU Discovery point to the possibility of
   MTU-related black holes when a packet is dropped due to an MTU
   restriction somewhere in the Internet.  Fortunately, the "Internet
   cell size" is 1500 bytes (i.e., the minimum MTU configured by the
   vast majority of links in the Internet) so if the 6rd PE router can
   set a tunnel MTU of at least 1500 bytes the MTU issues are
   alleviated.  This document specifies methods that can be employed to
   support these larger sizes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-foo-v6ops-6rdmtu-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/