Subject: I-D Action: draft-brockners-lisp-sr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:08:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LISP Extensions for Segment Routing
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Fabio Maino
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-brockners-lisp-sr-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) combines source routing and tunneling to steer
   traffic through the transit network.  The Locator/ID Separation
   Protocol (LISP) separates IP addresses into Endpoint Identifiers
   (EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs) and also leverages tunneling
   mechanisms.  Mapping between EIDs and RLOCs is facilitated by the
   LISP mapping system.  Combining LISP and SR enables the LISP mapping
   system to provide SR information to encapsulating routers so that
   traffic can be steered in the transit network or the list of segments
   a particular packet traverses is recorded in the packet header.

   This document describes extensions required to the Locator/ID
   Separation Protocol (LISP) to enable a LISP mapping system to
   communicate list of segment identifiers or the request to record the
   list of segments a particular packet traverses to the encapsulating
   router.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brockners-lisp-sr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brockners-lisp-sr-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-brockners-lisp-sr-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/