Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-v6ops-lte-lw4over6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 03:24:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Lightweight 4over6 for LTE Networks
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Qi Sun
	Filename        : draft-cui-v6ops-lte-lw4over6-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   Operators of Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks have been suffering
   from IPv4 address shortages and are forced to migrate to IPv6.  Many
   operators prefer to build new LTE networks based on IPv6.  However,
   at present there are still a lot of IPv4-only mobile terminals.  A
   large number of high-quality applications are also in the IPv4-only
   Internet.  There exist needs from IPv4 users to access IPv4 Internet
   across an IPv6-only LTE network.  This document describes a tunneling
   mechanism that enables the IPv4 users to connect to the IPv4 Internet
   through an IPv6-only LTE network.  Port-restricted public IPv4
   addresses are assigned to eNodeBs to remove the NAT functionality on
   the PGW, which helps to offload the processing burden of PGW.  The
   eNodeB is extended to allocate private IPv4 addresses to UEs, as well
   as the private- public IPv4 address translation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-v6ops-lte-lw4over6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-v6ops-lte-lw4over6-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/