Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-mpls-source-label-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 23:04:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) Source Label
        Authors         : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-chen-mpls-source-label-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   An MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) label is originally defined
   to identify a Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC), a packet is
   assigned to a specific FEC based on its network layer destination
   address.  It's difficult or even impossible to derive the source
   information from the label.  For some applications, source
   identification is a critical requirement.  For example, performance
   monitoring, traffic matrix measurement and collection, where the
   monitoring node needs to identify where a packet was sent from.

   This document introduces the concept of Source Label (SL) that is
   carried in the label stack and used to identify the ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR) of an Label Switched Path (LSP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-mpls-source-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-mpls-source-label-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-mpls-source-label-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/