Subject: I-D Action: draft-porambage-core-ace-x509-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 06:58:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificates for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Pawani Porambage
                          Corinna Schmitt
                          Andrei Gurtov
                          Stefanie Gerdes
	Filename        : draft-porambage-core-ace-x509-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a web transfer
   protocol designed for resource limited nodes in constrained networks.
   For securing the protocol, CoAP defines a binding to Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS) with four security modes.  One of
   them is the Certificate mode where the device has an asymmetric key
   pair with an X.509 certificate.  However, the intrinsic properties of
   x.509 certificates impede the application on the resource constrained
   nodes.  This draft describes the necessary adjustments and derives a
   modified profile for X.509 certificates to cope with the resource
   limitations of low-power low-performing devices

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-porambage-core-ace-x509/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-porambage-core-ace-x509-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/