Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravindran-cibus-homenet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:02:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Contextualized Information-Centric Home Networking
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Guoqiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-ravindran-cibus-homenet-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-07

Abstract:
   Home network (Homenet) is a good application scenario for ICN
   considering it is a point where diverse users, devices, applications,
   and services meet.  Homenets are getting increasingly complex with
   the presence of application specific sensors, smart appliances, and
   smart networking devices such as residential gateway.  Home
   automation today is being driven by several alliances such as DLNA,
   AllJoyn, ZigBee, and Z-Wave aimed at supporting homenet services such
   as multimedia sharing, lighting control, climate control, and energy
   management.  These standards overlay application semantics over a
   host centric architectures which is inefficient, and the lack of
   inter- operability among these standards results in high cost,
   inflexibility, and inter-operability issues.  Homenet is an
   information-centric environment where the objective is to enable
   consumers and producers to interact in a contextual manner
   independent of their underlying topology arrangement.  Although the
   overall homenet objectives over an ICN framework versus any other are
   the same; ICN can distinguish itself by providing a rich service
   abstraction layer applicable in local scale as in BAN/PAN/LAN, and
   also enable intelligent interaction beyond the homenet boundary.

   In this draft we share the idea of a contextualized information-
   centric bus (CIBUS) which builds over ICN abstraction of naming, name
   resolution, and content dissemination for home network by providing
   support for service management, context processing and monitoring,
   policy management, and policy based routing and forwarding.  CIBUS
   allows applications and services to discover each other, subscribe/
   notify to event upon which service composition can be realized
   locally or in a centralize manner.  Furthermore, service policies can
   be applied at high granularity which can be imposed in the routing
   and forwarding plane through ICN extensions.  Some of these CIBUS
   features that were realized in [5] is presented here.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravindran-cibus-homenet/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravindran-cibus-homenet-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/