Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:14:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Microloop prevention by introducing a local convergence delay
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Pierre Francois
                          Cisco Systems
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for link-state routing protocols
   to prevent local transient forwarding loops in case of link failure.
   This mechanism Proposes a two-steps convergence by introducing a
   delay between the convergence of the node adjacent to the topology
   change and the network wide convergence.

   As this mechanism delays the IGP convergence it may only be used for
   planned maintenance or when fast reroute protects the traffic between
   the link failure and the IGP convergence.

   Simulations using real network topologies have been performed and
   show that local loops are a significant portion (>50%) of the total
   forwarding loops.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-litkowski-rtgwg-uloop-delay-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/