Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-historical-definition-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:37:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RFCs and the "Historical" Category
        Authors         : John C Klensin
                          Scott Bradner
	Filename        : draft-klensin-historical-definition-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The "Historical" category has been used to identify some documents in
   the RFC Series for many years, but has never been precisely defined
   except in various oral traditions.  More important, with one
   exception that is now obsolete, the conditions under which documents
   should be reclassified as Historic and the procedures for doing so
   have never been defined, leading to a number of ad hoc and
   inconsistent actions.  This document clarifies both the category and
   procedures for putting documents into it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-historical-definition/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-historical-definition-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-klensin-historical-definition-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/