Subject: I-D Action: draft-ray-idr-route-constrain-scope-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:47:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Signaling AFI-SAFI scope for Constrained Route Distribution
        Authors         : Saikat Ray
                          Arjun Sreekantiah
	Filename        : draft-ray-idr-route-constrain-scope-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The Route Constrain address family can be used by a BGP speaker to
   signal a neighbor its interest in receiving only the routes with a
   matching route target (RT) extended community.  This signaling is
   afi-safi agnostic; the sender of a route constrain NLRI with an RT
   expresses its interest in receiving routes with that RT for all afi-
   safi.  The ability to further scope a given RT to a list of afi-safi
   would simplify network operations; then optimal route filtering would
   no longer require that the set of RTs used for different afi-safi be
   disjoint.

   This document proposes a simple extended community based backward
   compatible method to associate the list of afi-safi of interest to a
   route constrain NLRI and discusses the operational procedure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ray-idr-route-constrain-scope/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ray-idr-route-constrain-scope-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/