Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-draft-sullivan-namespaces-and-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:59:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : By Any Other Name: Considerations on DNS, Other Naming Protocols, and the Hierarchical Domain Name Space
        Author          : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-draft-sullivan-namespaces-and-dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   You should probably not read this.  It's not done.

   Not every domain name is intended to appear in the global DNS.  It is
   also possible that not everything that looks like a domain name is
   intended to be one.  Regardless of whether a given name is intended
   to appear in the DNS, such names often turn up in domain name slots.
   When choosing a naming scheme that is not intended to be part of the
   global DNS, it is necessary to understand the architectural
   implications of using domain names or a domain-name-like syntax.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-draft-sullivan-namespaces-and-dns/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-draft-sullivan-namespaces-and-dns-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/