Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kh-spring-ip-ran-use-case-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:45:01 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Segment Routing in IP RAN use case
    Author(s)     : B. Khasnabish, et al
    Filename      : draft-kh-spring-ip-ran-use-case
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : 2014-03-31 
    
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  An
   ingress node steers a packet through a controlled set of
   instructions, called segments, by pre-pending the packet with an SR
   header.  A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
   service-based.  A segment can have a local semantic to an SR node or
   global within an SR domain.  SR allows one to enforce a flow through
   any topological path and service chain while maintaining per-flow
   state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.  This document
   introduces the segment routing in IP Radio Access Network (IP RAN,
   mobile backhaul network) use case.  Additional requirements to
   support segment routing in the IP RAN scenarios are discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kh-spring-ip-ran-use-case-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.