Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:48:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Common Interval Support in BFD
        Authors         : Nobo Akiya
                          Marc Binderberger
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-03-10

Abstract:
   Some BFD implementations may be restricted to only support several
   interval values.  When such BFD implementations speak to each other,
   there is a possibility of two sides not being able to find a common
   interval value to run BFD sessions.

   This document defines a small set of interval values for BFD that we
   call "Common intervals", and recommends implementations to support
   the defined intervals.  This solves the problem of finding an
   interval value that both BFD speakers can support while allowing a
   simplified implementation as seen for hardware-based BFD.  It does
   not restrict an implementation from supporting more intervals in
   addition to the Common intervals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/