Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:39:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Media-based Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author          : Hadriel Kaplan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-03-11

Abstract:
   SIP already provides the ability to perform hop-by-hop traceroute
   for SIP messages using the Max-Forwards header field, in order to
   determine the reachability path of requests to a target.  A
   mechanism for media-loopback calls has also been defined separately,
   which enables test calls to be generated which result in media being
   looped back to the originator.  This document describes a means of
   performing hop-by-hop traceroute-style test calls using the media-
   loopback mechanism, in order to test the media path when SIP
   sessions go through media-relaying B2BUAs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/