Subject: I-D Action: draft-raza-dice-compressed-dtls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:53:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compression of Record and Handshake Headers for Constrained Environments
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Hossein Shafagh
                          Olivier Dupont
	Filename        : draft-raza-dice-compressed-dtls-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-03-09

Abstract:
   This document describes header compression mechanisms for the
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) [RFC6347] based on the
   encoding scheme standardized in [RFC6282]. The DTLS Record Header
   (RH), Handshake Header (HH), and optionally handshake message headers
   are compressed using Next Header Compression (NHC) defined in
   [RFC6282]. This document neither invalidates any encoding schemes
   proposed in 6LoWPAN [RFC6282] nor compromises the end-to-end security
   properties provided by DTLS. This document aims to increase the
   applicability of DTLS and, thus, CoAPs [draft-ietf-core-coap-18] in
   constrained environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raza-dice-compressed-dtls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raza-dice-compressed-dtls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/