Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-pe-ce-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:33:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP as an MVPN PE-CE Protocol
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Eric Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-pe-ce-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-03-31

Abstract:
   When a Service Provider offers BGP/MPLS IP VPN service to its
   customers, RFCs 6513 and 6514 describe protocols and procedures that
   the Service Provider can use in order to carry the customer's IP
   multicast traffic from one customer site to others.  BGP can be used
   to carry customer multicast routing information from one Provider
   Edge (PE) router to another, but it is assumed that PIM is running on
   the interface between a Customer Edge (CE) router and a PE router.
   This document specifies protocols and procedures that, under certain
   conditions, allow customer multicast routing information to carried
   between PE and CE via BGP.  This can eliminate the need to run PIM on
   the PE-CE interfaces, potentially eliminating the need to run PIM on
   the PE routers at all.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-pe-ce/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-pe-ce-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-pe-ce-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/