Subject: I-D Action: draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:37:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Special-Use Domain Names of Peer-to-Peer Systems
        Authors         : Christian Grothoff
                          Matthias Wachs
                          Hellekin O. Wolf
                          Jacob Appelbaum
	Filename        : draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-03-03

Abstract:
   This is an IESG Approval document requesting the reservation of six
   Top-Level Domains for special use, in conformance with the
   registration procedure defined in RFC 6761, section 4.

   Peer-to-Peer systems use specific decentralized mechanisms to
   allocate, register, manage, and resolve names.  Those mechanisms
   operate entirely outside of DNS, independently from the DNS root and
   delegation tree.  In order to avoid interoperability issues with DNS
   as well as to address security and privacy concerns, this document
   describes six pseudo Top-Level Domain names (pTLDs), reserved for
   special use.

   The following six domains relate to security-focused peer-to-peer
   systems.  They are: ".gnu", ".zkey", ".onion", ".exit", ".i2p", and
   ".bit".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-grothoff-iesg-special-use-p2p-names-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/