Subject: I-D Action: draft-bannister-dbis-devices-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:45:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Directory-Based Information Services: Devices
        Author          : Mark R. Bannister
	Filename        : draft-bannister-dbis-devices-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-03-11

Abstract:
   This document extends Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS)
   described in [draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-00] to support ethers and
   bootparams databases.

   The database schemas SHALL be backwards compatible with the Network
   Information Service [NIS] but stored within [X.500] entries so that
   they may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
   [RFC4510].

   An ethers database maps 48-bit Ethernet addresses to IP addresses or
   host names, and bootparams maps hosts to boot-time kernel parameters.

   This document describes LDAP object classes and attributes required
   to extend hosts entries [draft-bannister-dbis-hosts-00] to support
   parameters for ethers and bootparams maps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bannister-dbis-devices/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-devices-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bannister-dbis-devices-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/