Subject: I-D Action: draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:34:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Ethernet LDP( Label Distribution with out IP and routing protocols)
        Author          : Sudhin Jacob
	Filename        : draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-03-25

Abstract:
MPLS is the heart and soul of the service provider network. MPLS can carry
anydata payload which gives the flexibility to  the service provider to provision new service
with any expense. The benefit of this technology is core router need not understand  the
full customer route. If the service a layer 2 then thereis no need of vrf, for customer the
service provider cloud is like a virtual switch.The protocol used for label distribution is LDP,
BGP,RSVP. The most popular protocol for outer label distribution is LDP. LDP has the benefit of
adding more TLV to its payload. In this the possibility of using ldp for generating labels
for mac address rather for ip address which gives  the benefit to service provider not to
run complex routing protocol on core, this does not require ip address. This gives service
provider the flexibility to deploy any services, there is no need for changes in network layer when the
customer goes for ipv4 to ipv6. This can reduce the CAPEX and OPEX of the customer and reduces the
hardware cost too. 

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/