Subject: I-D Action: draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 04:43:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IKEv2 based lightweight secure data communication draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel-01 (D-IKE)
        Authors         : Amjad S. Inamdar
                          Rajeshwar Singh
	Filename        : draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-03-12

Abstract:
   The Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) protocol provides authentication,
   confidentiality, integrity, data-origin authentication and anti-
   replay.  Currently, IKEv2 is mainly used as a control channel to
   negotiate IPsec SA(s).  IPsec is not well suited to provide transport
   layer security for applications as it resides at the network layer
   and most of the IPsec implementations require integration into
   operating systems making it difficult to deploy.  IPsec uses
   different sessions for control and data traffic which is not NAT and
   load balancer friendly.  TLS/DTLS, the other popular security
   mechanism to provide the above security services does not mandate
   mutual peer authentication and Diffie Hellman exchange.

   This document describes an IKEv2 based lightweight secure data
   communication protocol and a way to provide transport layer security
   for UDP client/server applications.  The protocol provides integrity
   protected encryption and integrity-only protection based on
   application needs.  As most of the IoT applications are UDP based,
   IKEv2 can be used for key management as well secure data
   communication in IoT due to its simplicity, scalability,
   lightweightedness and ease of deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-amjads-ipsecme-ikev2-data-channel-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/