Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-host-firewalls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:56:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Reflections On Host Firewalls
        Author          : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-iab-host-firewalls-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-03-02

Abstract:
   In today's Internet, the need for firewalls is generally accepted in
   the industry and indeed firewalls are widely deployed in practice.
   Often the result is that software may be running and potentially
   consuming resources, but then communication is blocked by a firewall.
   It's taken for granted that this end state is either desirable or the
   best that can be achieved in practice, rather than (for example) an
   end state where the relevant software is not running or is running in
   a way that would not result in unwanted communication.  In this
   document, we explore the issues behind these assumptions and provide
   suggestions on improving the architecture going forward.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-host-firewalls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-host-firewalls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-host-firewalls-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/