Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 16:16:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Logical Interface Support for multi-mode IP Hosts
        Authors         : Telemaco Melia
                          Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-09.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-03-04

Abstract:
   A Logical Interface is a software semantic internal to the host
   operating system.  This semantic is available in all popular
   operating systems and is used in various protocol implementations.
   The Logical Interface support is required on the mobile node
   operating in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain, for leveraging various
   network-based mobility management features such as inter-technology
   handoffs, multihoming and flow mobility support.  This document
   explains the operational details of Logical Interface construct and
   the specifics on how the link-layer implementations hide the physical
   interfaces from the IP stack and from the network nodes on the
   attached access networks.  Furthermore, this document identifies the
   applicability of this approach to various link-layer technologies and
   analyzes the issues around it when used in context with various
   mobility management features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/