Subject: I-D Action: draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 01:54:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Rene Hummen
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-01.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2014-03-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
   DEX), a variant of the HIP Base EXchange (HIP BEX) [rfc5201-bis].
   The HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the
   employed cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures
   and hash functions.  In doing so, the main goal is to still deliver
   similar security properties to HIP BEX.

   The HIP DEX protocol is primarily targeted at computation or memory-
   constrained sensor devices.  Like HIP BEX, it is expected to be used
   together with another suitable security protocol such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) [rfc5202-bis] for the protection
   of upper layer protocols.  HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
   mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as is supported by IEEE
   802.15.4 [IEEE.802-15-4.2011].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/