Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-dnsop-dns-onion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:24:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Privacy with a Hint of Onion
        Authors         : Roy Arends
                          Joe Abley
                          Joao Luis Silva Damas
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsop-dns-onion-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-03-06

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System (DNS) has no inherent capability to protect
   the privacy of end users.  The data associated with DNS queries and
   responses can be observed by intermediate systems, and such
   observations could provide a source of metadata relating to end user
   behaviour.

   This document describes an approach which separates the data in DNS
   queries and responses from the identity of the DNS resolver used by
   DNS clients.

   This approach does not address privacy concerns between a stub
   resolver and a recursive resolver.

   This approach imposes no requirement for modification of authority
   servers, and does not depend upon widespread deployment of DNSSEC
   signing or validation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsop-dns-onion/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnsop-dns-onion-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/