Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:17:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
        Authors         : Stefan Lederer
                          Cedric Westphal
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Andrea Detti
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Christian Timmerer
                          Daniel Posch
                          aytav.azgin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2014-03-10

Abstract:
   This document presents the usage of Information Centric Networks
   (ICN) for adaptive multimedia streaming and identifies problems,
   which have to be considered for such applications. Several topics
   related to video distribution over ICN are presented: DASH over ICN,
   which leverages the recent ISO/IEC MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming
   over HTTP (DASH) standard, layered encoding over ICN, PPSP over ICN
   and IPTV over ICN. DASH over ICN offers the possibility to transfer
   data from multiple sources as well as over multiple links in
   parallel, which is definitely an important feature, e.g., for mobile
   devices offering multiple network links. In addition to this, the
   named multimedia content is routed and cached efficiently by the
   underlying network. Finally, PPSP extends the P2P semantics to video
   streaming in ICNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/