Subject: I-D Action: draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:44:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Directory-Based Information Services: Netgroups and Netservices
        Author          : Mark R. Bannister
	Filename        : draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-03-11

Abstract:
   This document extends Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS)
   described in [draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-00] to support netgroup
   and netservice databases.

   A netgroup database schema SHALL be backwards compatible with the
   Network Information Service [NIS] but stored within [X.500] entries
   so that they may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access
   Protocol [RFC4510].  A netgroup database represents groups of hosts,
   users and domains.

   A netservice database schema is a new extension to netgroups that
   allows administrators to describe services or configuration options
   for a user or system based upon their netgroup membership.

   This document describes configuration maps [draft-bannister-dbis-
   mapping-00] for netgroup and netservice databases, and database
   entries referenced by those maps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/