Subject: I-D Action: draft-stauffer-rmt-bb-fec-supercharged-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:29:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Supercharged Codes
        Authors         : Erik Stauffer
                          BZ Shen
                          Soumen Chakraborty
                          Djordje Tujkovic
                          Jing Huang
                          Shiv Shet
                          Kamlesh Rath
	Filename        : draft-stauffer-rmt-bb-fec-supercharged-04.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2014-03-27

Abstract:
This document describes a fully-specified FEC scheme for the
Supercharged forward error correction code.  Supercharged codes are
designed for use on the erasure channel.  Coding for the erasure
channel commonly arises for data transmission over the internet, where
lower layers either successfully deliver packets or fail to deliver
them.  Coding is required to insure that data is not lost, even if
packets are lost at the lower layers.  Error free reception is
important for multimedia applications, such as streaming, where it may
not be possible to correct an error in time by any other means.  Coding
insures that lost packets can be recovered.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stauffer-rmt-bb-fec-supercharged/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stauffer-rmt-bb-fec-supercharged-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stauffer-rmt-bb-fec-supercharged-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/