Subject: I-D Action: draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 08:59:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6TiSCH Resource Management and Interaction using CoAP
        Authors         : Raghuram S Sudhaakar
                          Pouria Zand
	Filename        : draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-03-29

Abstract:
   The [IEEE802154e] standardizes the TSCH mode of operation and defines
   the mechanisms for layer 2 communication between conforming devices.
   6top defines a set of commands to monitor and manage the TSCH
   schedule.  To realize the full functionality of sensor networks and
   allow their adoption and use in real applications we need additional
   mechanisms.  Specifically, we need to define how to interact with
   6top, control and modify schedules, monitor parameters etc.  Higher
   layers monitoring and management entities are then able to use these
   capabilities to create feedback loops.  Although, there have been
   many custom implementations of such feedback loops between the
   routing, transport and MAC layers in sensor network deployments,
   there has been a lack of standards based approaches.  The goal of the
   memo is to define the messaging between monitoring and management
   entities and the 6top layer and a mapping to the 6top commands.  The
   document also presents a particular implementation of the generic
   data model specified in [I-D.wang-6tisch-6top-interface] based on
   CoAP and CBOR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/