Subject: I-D Action: draft-villamizar-rtgwg-route-stability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:47:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Stability of Interior Routing and Load Balancing Techniques
        Author          : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-villamizar-rtgwg-route-stability-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2014-03-14

Abstract:
   This is an informational document intended to outline what is known
   about routing stability of interior gateway protocols (IGPs), traffic
   engineering techniques (TE) used in MPLS, and load balancing
   techniques.  Known stable and unstable conditions provide bounds of
   known behavior.  Network operators and equipment suppliers have
   relied heavily on operational experience as existence proof of
   instability or evidence of apparent stability.  Between the bounds of
   known stable and unstable behavior there may be conditionally stable
   protocols and deployment scenarios.  There is some discussion of the
   difficulty of mathematical stability proof for some techniques and a
   challenge to the research community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-villamizar-rtgwg-route-stability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-villamizar-rtgwg-route-stability-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/