Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 22:44:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An IETF with Much Diversity and Professional Conduct
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Narelle Clark
	Filename        : draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-03-04

Abstract:
   The process of producing today's Internet through a culture of open
   participation and diverse collaboration has proved strikingly
   efficient and effective, and it is distinctive among standards
   organizations.  Historically participation in the IETF and its
   antecedent was almost entirely composed of well-funded, American,
   white, male engineers.  No matter the intentions of the participants,
   such a narrow demographic distorts group dynamics, both in management
   and in personal interactions.  In the case of the IETF, group
   interaction style can often demonstrate singularly aggressive
   behavior, often including singularly hostile tone and content.
   Groups with greater diversity make better decisions.  Obtaining
   meaningful diversity requires more than generic good will and
   statements of principle.  Many different behaviors can serve to
   reduce participant diversity or participation diversity.  This paper
   discusses the nature and practicalities of IETF attention to its
   diverse participation and to the requirement for professional
   demeanor.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/