Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 14:31:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP
        Authors         : Rong Zhang
                          Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Li Xue
	Filename        : draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-03-05

Abstract:
   CAPWAP defines a specification to encapsulate a station's data frames
   between the Wireless Transmission Point (WTP) and Access Controller
   (AC) using CAPWAP.  Specifically, the station's IEEE 802.11 data
   frames can be either locally bridged or tunneled to the AC.  When
   tunneled, a CAPWAP data channel is used for tunneling.  In many
   deployments it is desirable to encapsulate date frames to an entity
   different from the AC for example to an Access Router (AR).  Further,
   it may also be desirable to use different tunnel encapsulations to
   carry the stations' data frames.  This document provides a
   specification for this and refers to it as Alternate tunnel
   encapsulation.  The Alternate tunnel encapsulation allows 1) the WTP
   to tunnel non-management data frames to an endpoint different from
   the AC and 2) the WTP to tunnel using one of many known encapsulation
   types such as IP-IP, IP-GRE, CAPWAP.  The WTP may advertise support
   for Alternate tunnel encapsulation during the discovery or join
   process and AC may select one of the supported Alternate Tunnel
   encapsulation types while configuring the WTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/