Subject: I-D Action: draft-kent-pervasive-encryption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 14:51:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Pervasive Encryption as a Countermeasure to Pervasive Monitoring
        Author          : Stephen Kent
	Filename        : draft-kent-pervasive-encryption-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-03-18

Abstract:
   This document was prepared as part of the IETF response to concerns
   about "pervasive monitoring" as articulated in [I-D.farrell-perpass-
   attack].  It begins by exploring terminology that has been used in
   IETF standards (and in academic publications) to describe encryption
   and key management techniques, with a focus on authentication vs.
   anonymity.  Based on this analysis, it propose a new term, "pervasive
   encryption" (PE) to describe a goal for IETF security protocols, one
   countermeasure to pervasive monitoring.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kent-pervasive-encryption/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kent-pervasive-encryption-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/