Subject: I-D Action: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 02:01:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidelines for Adding Congestion Notification to Protocols that Encapsulate IP
        Authors         : Bob Briscoe
                          John Kaippallimalil
                          Pat Thaler
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-03-04

Abstract:
   The purpose of this document is to guide the design of congestion
   notification in any lower layer or tunnelling protocol that
   encapsulates IP.  The aim is for explicit congestion signals to
   propagate consistently from lower layer protocols into IP.  Then the
   IP internetwork layer can act as a portability layer to carry
   congestion notification from non-IP-aware congested nodes up to the
   transport layer (L4).  Following these guidelines should assure
   interworking between new lower layer congestion notification
   mechanisms, whether specified by the IETF or other standards bodies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/