Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 21:20:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : URI Design and Ownership
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-04-02

Abstract:
   RFC3986 Section 3.1 defines URI syntax as "a federated and extensible
   naming system my further restrict the syntax and semantics of
   identifiers using that scheme."  In other words, the structure of a
   URI is defined by its scheme.  While it is common for schemes to
   further delegate their substructure to the URI's owner, publishing
   standards that mandate particular forms of URI substructure is
   inappropriate, because the effectively usurps ownership.

   This document is intended to prevent this practice (sometimes called
   "URI Squatting") in standards, but updating RFC3986 to indicate where
   it is acceptable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-get-off-my-lawn-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/