Subject: I-D Action: draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 03:49:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg parameter
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Jan Holm
                          Roland Jesske
                          Martin Dolly
	Filename        : draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-04-28

Abstract:
   In telecommunication networks, the signalling path between a calling
   user and a called user can be divided into smaller parts, referred to
   as traffic legs.  Each traffic leg may span networks belonging to
   different operators, and will have its own characteristics that can
   be different from other traffic legs in the same call.  The
   directionality in traffic legs relates to a SIP request creating a
   dialogue and stand-alone SIP request.

   This document defines a new SIP URI parameter, 'iotl', which can be
   used in a SIP URI to indicate that the entity associated with the
   address, or an entity responsible for the host part of the address,
   represents the end of a specific traffic leg.

   The 'iotl' parameter is defined in order to fulfil requirements from
   the 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), but it can also be
   used in other network environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/