Subject: I-D Action: draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 03:23:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Additional Reserved Top Level Domains
        Authors         : Lyman Chapin
                          Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-04-15

Abstract:
   The Internet Domain Name System (DNS) defines a tree of names
   starting with root, ".", immediately below which are top level domain
   (TLD) names such as ".com" and ".us".  In June 1999 [RFC2606]
   reserved a small number of TLD names for use in documentation
   examples, private testing, experiments, and other circumstances in
   which it is desirable to avoid conflict with current or future actual
   TLD names in the DNS.

   There has been significant evolution of Internet engineering and
   operation practices since [RFC2606] was published.  In February 2013
   [RFC6761] defined criteria and procedures for reserving a domain name
   for special use, and established an IANA registry for such names.
   This document reserves six domain name labels for special use in
   accordance with the criteria and procedures of [RFC6761]:
   localdomain, domain, lan, home, corp, and mail.

   It is important to note that TLD names may be reserved, in other
   contexts, for policy, political, or other reasons that are distinct
   from the IETF's concern with Internet engineering and operations.
   This document reserves TLD names only for operational and engineering
   reasons.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chapin-additional-reserved-tlds-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/