Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 03:39:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Universal Extension Header
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will (Shucheng) Liu
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Hagen Paul Pfeifer
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-08

Abstract:
   This document analyzes a problem in the Uniform Format for IPv6
   Extension Headers specified in RFC 6564, which results in nodes not
   being able to process an IPv6 Header Chain if it contains an
   unrecognized IPv6 Extension Header that follows the aforementioned
   Uniform Format.  It analyzes the implications of the aforementioned
   problem, and discusses a number of possible solutions, including the
   specification of a new IPv6 Extension Header - the Universal
   Extension Header - that overcomes the aforementioned issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-ipv6-universal-extension-header-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/