Subject: I-D Action: draft-andrews-edns1-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:26:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : EDNS Version 1 (EDNS(1))
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-edns1-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-04-15

Abstract:
   It is impracticable to deploy new EDNS options, with EDNS version 0,
   on a global scale due to inconsistent server behaviour in deployed
   servers when a EDNS option is present in the query.  Most existing
   EDNS option deployment has been small scale between essentially
   consenting implementations.

   When EDNS options were added to every outgoing recursive query made
   it became clear that trial and error to discover the level of EDNS
   version 0 support was not practicable.

   This document request that EDNS version 1 be assigned so that
   consistent well defined behaviour can be seen when a EDNS option is
   present.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-edns1/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-edns1-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andrews-edns1-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/