Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:33:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Packet loss resiliency for Router Solicitations
        Authors         : Suresh Krishnan
                          Dmitry Anipko
                          Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-04-21

Abstract:
   When an interface on a host is initialized, the host transmits Router
   Solicitations in order to minimize the amount of time it needs to
   wait until the next unsolicited multicast Router Advertisement is
   received.  In certain scenarios, these router solicitations
   transmitted by the host might be lost.  This document specifies a
   mechanism for hosts to cope with the loss of the initial Router
   Solicitations.  Furthermore, on some links, unsolicited multicast
   Router Advertisements are never sent and the mechanism in this
   document is intended to work even in such scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-resilient-rs-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/