Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-hebeu-hma-dsin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:39:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Hypernetwork Model and Architecture for Deep Space Information Networks
        Authors         : Long Zhang
                          Xinxin Zhang
                          Wenjing Cao
                          Wei Huang
                          Yan Ding
                          Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications
	Filename        : draft-zhang-hebeu-hma-dsin-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-04-21

Abstract:
   The increasing world-wide demands in deep space scientific missions,
   such as Lunar, Mars and other Planetary Exploration, along with the
   rapidly growing advances in space communication technologies have
   triggered the vision of so called future Deep Space Information
   Networks (DSINs). The coined DSIN paradigm is envisioned to be an
   integrated high speed self-organizing hypernetwork consisting of the
   terrestrial ground-based information networks and the outer space-
   based entities to provide maximum network capacity. In this document,
   the problem of network infrastructure and architecture for DSINs is
   investigated. Taking into account the major challenges or
   characteristics affecting link, networking, transport, and security
   design of DSINs, this document employs hypergraph theory to construct
   network infrastructure and node architecture of space optical
   switching, and further presents a five-layered hypernetwork model of
   DSINs to enhance network connectivity. Combining with the benefits
   in interconnection and interoperability of heterogeneous challenged
   networks, brought by the well-known Delay-and Disruption-Tolerant
   Networking (DTN) architecture, this document proposes a novel
   architecture of DSINs from two levels including Layered Protocol
   Stack and Management Plane. The proposed architecture preliminarily
   achieves the basic concepts and the relevant mechanisms of wisdom
   network, and the performance and quality of service (QoS) of DSINs
   are thereby improved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-hebeu-hma-dsin/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-hebeu-hma-dsin-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/