Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:50:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Congestion Control Requirements For RMCAT
        Author          : Randell Jesup
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-04-18

Abstract:
   Congestion control is needed for all data transported across the
   Internet, in order to promote fair usage and prevent congestion
   collapse.  The requirements for interactive, point-to-point real time
   multimedia, which needs low-delay, semi-reliable data delivery, are
   different from the requirements for bulk transfer like FTP or bursty
   transfers like Web pages.  Due to an increasing amount of RTP-based
   real-time media traffic on the Internet (e.g. with the introduction
   of WebRTC[I-D.ietf-rtcweb-overview]), it is especially important to
   ensure that this kind of traffic is congestion controlled.

   This document attempts to describe a set of requirements that can be
   used to evaluate other congestion control mechanisms in order to
   figure out their fitness for this purpose, and in particular to
   provide a set of possible requirements for proposals coming out of
   the RMCAT Working Group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-cc-requirements-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/