Subject: I-D Action: draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:53:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing Architecture
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Igor Milojevic
                          Rob Shakir
                          Saku Ytti
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Edward Crabbe
	Filename        : draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2014-04-23

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can
   represent any instruction, topological or service-based.  A segment
   can have a local semantic to an SR node or global within an SR
   domain.  SR allows to enforce a flow through any topological path and
   service chain while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress
   node to the SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   dataplane with no change on the forwarding plane.  IGP-based segments
   require minor extension to the existing link-state routing protocols.
   Segment Routing can also be applied to IPv6 with a new type of
   routing extension header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/