Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:14:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Flow-Spec Redirect to IP Action
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Matthieu Texier
                          Andy Karch
                          Adam Simpson
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-04-17

Abstract:
   Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination
   of traffic flow specification rules. This has many possible
   applications but the primary one for many network operators is the
   distribution of traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation. The
   flow-spec standard [RFC 5575] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for
   policy-based forwarding but this mechanism can be difficult to use,
   particularly in networks without L3 VPN infrastructure.

   This draft defines a new redirect-to-IP flow-spec action that
   provides a simpler method of policy-based forwarding. The details of
   the action, including the IPv4 or IPv6 target address, are encoded
   in newly defined BGP extended communities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/