Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhargavan-tls-resumption-indication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:18:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Resumption Indication Extension
        Authors         : Karthikeyan Bhargavan
                          Antoine Delignat-Lavaud
                          Alfredo Pironti
                          Adam Langley
                          Marsh Ray
	Filename        : draft-bhargavan-tls-resumption-indication-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-04-18

Abstract:
   When a TLS session is resumed via an abbreviated handshake, the
   knowledge of the master secret is used to implicitly mutually
   authenticate the two peers.  However, an attacker can synchronize two
   different TLS sessions, so that they share the same master secret,
   breaking the resumption authentication property.  This specification
   defines a TLS extension that cryptographically binds the resumption
   abbreviated handshake with its original session, thus preventing this
   attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhargavan-tls-resumption-indication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhargavan-tls-resumption-indication-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/