Subject: I-D Action: draft-nir-ipsecme-puzzles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 03:00:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protecting Internet Key Exchange (IKE) Implementations from Denial of Service Attacks through Client Puzzles
        Author          : Yoav Nir
	Filename        : draft-nir-ipsecme-puzzles-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-04-30

Abstract:
   This document describes an enhancement to the Stateless Cookie
   mechanism described in RFC 5996.  Whereas the original mechanism
   prevents denial-of-service (DoS) attacks that use multiple spoofed
   source addresses, the mechanism here is effective against a
   distributed denial of service attack (DDoS), where the attackers use
   their own source address.  This is accomplished by requiring proof of
   work by the Initiator before allocating resources at the Responder.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-ipsecme-puzzles/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-ipsecme-puzzles-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/