Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:53:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Captive-Portal identification in DHCP / RA
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Ebersman
                          Steve Sheng
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-16

Abstract:
   In many environments (such as hotels, coffee shops and other
   establishments that offer Internet service to customers), it is
   common to start new connections in a captive portal mode, i.e. highly
   restrict what the customer can do until the customer has accepted
   terms of service, provided payment information or authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and an RA extension) to inform
   clients that they are behind some sort of captive portal device, and
   that they will need to authenticate to get Internet Access.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/