Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:40:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC Header Mapping for Legacy SF
        Authors         : Haibin Song
                          Lucy Yong
                          Yuanlong Jiang
	Filename        : draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-09

Abstract:
   SFC (Service Function Chaining) is used to manipulate service
   functions with easy creation, updating and deletion.  A service
   function chain goes through a list of ordered service function
   instances.  One assumption of this document is that legacy service
   function instances can participate in the service chain.  They are
   not aware of the SFC header, nor interpret it.  This document
   provides a mechanism between a Service Forwarding Entity (SFE) and a
   Service Function Instance (SFI), to identify the SFC header
   associated with a packet that is returned from an SFI, without SFC
   header being explicitly carried in the wired protocol between SFE and
   SFI.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/