Subject: I-D Action: draft-kent-opportunistic-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 04:23:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Opportunistic Security as a Countermeasure to Pervasive Monitoring
        Author          : Stephen Kent
	Filename        : draft-kent-opportunistic-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-04-08

Abstract:
   This document was prepared as part of the IETF response to concerns
   about "pervasive monitoring" (PM) as articulated in
   [I-D.farrell-perpass-attack].  It begins by describing the current
   criteria (discussed at the STRINT workshop [STRINT]) for addressing
   concerns about PM.  It then examines terminology that has been used
   in IETF standards (and in academic publications) to describe
   encryption and key management techniques, with a focus on
   authentication vs. anonymity.  Based on this analysis, it propose a
   new term, "opportunistic security" to describe a goal for IETF
   security protocols, one countermeasure to pervasive monitoring.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kent-opportunistic-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kent-opportunistic-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kent-opportunistic-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/