Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:04:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Timing over IP Connection and Transfer of Clock Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Transporting Timing messages over MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Shahram Davari
                          Amit Oren
                          Manav Bhatia
                          Peter Roberts
                          Laurent Montini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-06.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2014-04-28

Abstract:
   This document defines the method for transporting Timing messages
   such as PTP and NTP over an MPLS network.  The method allows for the
   easy identification of these PDUs at the port level to allow for port
   level processing of these PDUs in both LERs and LSRs.

   The basic idea is to transport Timing messages inside dedicated MPLS
   LSPs.  These LSPs only carry Timing messages and possibly Control and
   Management packets, but they do not carry customer traffic.

   Two methods for transporting Timing messages over MPLS are defined.
   The first method is to transport Timing messages directly over the
   dedicated MPLS LSP via UDP/IP encapsulation, which is suitable for
   MPLS networks.  The second method is to transport Timing messages
   inside a PW via Ethernet encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/