Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 12:58:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Controlling State Advertisements Of Non-negotiated LDP Applications
        Authors         : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-04-27

Abstract:
   There is no capability negotiation done for Label Distribution
   Protocol (LDP) applications that setup Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
   for IP prefixes or that signal Point-to-point (P2P) Pseudowires
   (PWs) for Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs). When an LDP
   session comes up, an LDP speaker may unnecessarily advertise its
   local state for such LDP applications even when the peer session is
   established for some other applications like Multipoint LDP (mLDP)
   or Inter-Chassis Communication Protocol (ICCP). This document
   defines a solution by which an LDP speaker announces to its peer its
   disinterest in such non-negotiated applications, thus disabling the
   unnecessary advertisement of corresponding application state, which
   would have otherwise be advertised over the established LDP session.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/