Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 08:32:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Relayed Echo Reply mechanism for LSP Ping
        Authors         : Jian Luo
                          Lizhong Jin
                          Thomas Nadeau
                          George Swallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-04-02

Abstract:
   In some inter autonomous system (AS) and inter-area deployment
   scenarios for RFC 4379 "Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and
   Traceroute", a replying LSR may not have the available route to the
   initiator, and the Echo Reply message sent to the initiator would be
   discarded resulting in false negatives or complete failure of
   operation of LSP Ping and Traceroute.  This document describes
   extensions to LSP Ping mechanism to enable the replying Label
   Switching Router (LSR) to have the capability to relay the Echo
   Response by a set of routable intermediate nodes to the initiator.
   This document updates RFC 4379.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-relay-reply-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/