Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 07:30:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtual Machine Mobility Protocol Using Distributed Registrations
        Authors         : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-05-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new IP level protocol for seamless virtual
   machine mobility in data centers.  Source hypervisor registers the
   newly created virtual machine with the centrally available management
   node.  When the virtual machine moves to the destination hypervisor,
   the destination hypervisor updates the virtual machine record in the
   management node.  Management node sends registration message to all
   previous source hypervisors in order to direct the ongoing traffic to
   the destination hypervisor.  Hot, warm and and cold virtual machine
   mobility are achieved using dynamic domain name system update and
   host routes.  Both intra data center and inter data center hot
   virtual machine mobility solutions are presented.  The requirements
   for warm and cold mobility of virtual machines are expected to be
   less stringent than those for the hot mobility option.  A short
   discussion on virtual machine lifecycle management is also included
   in this draft.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-nvo3-vmm-dmm-pmip-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/