Subject: I-D Action: draft-zimmermann-tcpm-reordering-reaction-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 03:37:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Making TCP Adaptively Robust to Non-Congestion Events
        Authors         : Alexander Zimmermann
                          Lennart Schulte
                          Carsten Wolff
                          Arnd Hannemann
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-tcpm-reordering-reaction-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-05-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies an adaptive Non-Congestion Robustness (aNCR)
   mechanism for TCP.  In the absence of explicit congestion
   notification from the network, TCP uses only packet loss as an
   indication of congestion.  One of the signals TCP uses to determine
   loss is the arrival of three duplicate acknowledgments.  However,
   this heuristic is not always correct, notably in the case when paths
   reorder packets.  This results in degraded performance.

   TCP-aNCR is designed to mitigate this performance degradation by
   adaptively increasing the number of duplicate acknowledgments
   required to trigger loss recovery, based on the current state of the
   connection, in an effort to better disambiguate true segment loss
   from segment reordering.  This document specifies the changes to TCP
   and TCP-NCR (on which this specification is build on) and discusses
   the costs and benefits of these modifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-reordering-reaction/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-reordering-reaction-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zimmermann-tcpm-reordering-reaction-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/