Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-dnssd-sf-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 01:36:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Update Based Service Function Update
        Author          : Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-xu-dnssd-sf-update-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-05-16

Abstract:
   In a Service Function Chaining (SFC)-enabled domain, the Domain Name
   System (DNS) can be used as a mechanism for Service Function (SF)
   auto-discovery [I-D.xu-dnssd-sf-discovery].  Since the information
   associated with SF instances (e.g., capacity and current load) would
   change dynamically, the information associated with SF instances
   which is stored in the DNS sever needs to be updated accordingly.
   This document describes how to use the DNS UPDATE mechanism [RFC2136]
   to dynamically update the corresponding Resource Records (RRs) for SF
   instances.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-dnssd-sf-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-dnssd-sf-update-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/