Subject: I-D Action: draft-slevinski-signwriting-text-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:23:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The SignPuddle Standard for SignWriting Text
        Author          : Stephen E Slevinski
	Filename        : draft-slevinski-signwriting-text-03.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2014-05-08

Abstract:
   For concreteness, because the universal character set is not yet
   universal, and because an international standard for the internet
   community should be documented and stable, this I-D has been released
   with the intention of producing an RFC to document the character use
   and naming conventions of the SignWriting community on the Internet.

   The SignWriting Script is an international standard for writing sign
   languages by hand or with computers.  From education to research,
   from entertainment to religion, SignWriting has proven useful because
   people are using it to write signed languages.  The SignWriting
   Script has two major families: Block Printing for the reader and
   Handwriting for the writer.

   The SignWriting Text encoding model defines the structures of
   SignWriting Block Printing.  The plain-text mathematical names are
   explained with tokens and regular expressions patterns.  The visual
   image is supported with SVG and PNG generated by a SignWriting Icon
   Server.  An experimental TrueType Font is available.

   Formal SignWriting strings define a lite ASCII markup to name each
   sign logogram.  The text is defined with regular expressions.  The
   included query language defines several productive searching
   possibilities.  The transformation from query language to regular
   expression is defined.

   For Unicode, the current use of the Private Use Area font characters
   is documented.  A character proposal for plane 1 is included that is
   isomorphic with the characters that are currently used by the
   community.

   Three appendices discuss additional topics to the standard.  The
   first discusses the Modern SignWriting theory and example document,
   stable since January 12, 2012.  The second discusses the symbol
   encoding of the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010.  The third
   discusses the SignPuddle Standards: licences, infrastructure, and
   compatibility.

   This memo concretely defines a conceptual character encoding map for
   the Internet community.  It is published for reference, examination,
   implementation, and evaluation.  Distribution of this memo is
   unlimited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-slevinski-signwriting-text/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-slevinski-signwriting-text-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-slevinski-signwriting-text-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/