Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 20:41:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM): Protocol Specification (Revised)
        Authors         : Bill Fenner
                          Mark Handley
                          Hugh Holbrook
                          Isidor Kouvelas
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Zhaohui (Jeffrey) Zhang
                          Lianshu Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 133
	Date            : 2014-05-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode
   (PIM-SM).  PIM-SM is a multicast routing protocol that can use the
   underlying unicast routing information base or a separate multicast-
   capable routing information base.  It builds unidirectional shared
   trees rooted at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, and optionally
   creates shortest-path trees per source.

   This document addresses errata filed against RFC 4601, and removes
   the optional (*,*,RP) feature that lacks sufficient deployment
   experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-rfc4601bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/