Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 08:12:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Compression Extensions for WebSocket
        Author          : Takeshi Yoshino
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-18.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2014-05-12

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework for creating WebSocket extensions
   that add compression functionality to the WebSocket Protocol.  An
   extension based on this framework compresses the payload data portion
   of non-control WebSocket messages on a per-message basis using
   parameters negotiated during the opening handshake.  This framework
   provides a general method to apply a compression algorithm to the
   contents of WebSocket messages.  For each compression algorithm, an
   extension is defined by specifying parameter negotiation and payload
   transformation algorithm in detail.  This document also specifies one
   specific compression extension using the DEFLATE algorithm.

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/