Subject: I-D Action: draft-pt-nvo3-vdp-vm2nve-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:03:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NVO3 VDP Gap Analysis - VM-to-NVE Specific Control-Plane Requirements
        Authors         : Joseph Pelissier
                          Patricia Thaler
                          Paul Bottorff
	Filename        : draft-pt-nvo3-vdp-vm2nve-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-06-19

Abstract:
   [I-D.kreeger-nvo3-hypervisor-nve-cp-01] discusses requirements for
   Hypervisor-to-NVE Control Plane Protocol Functionality.  The IEEE
   has developed a protocol called VSI Discovery Protocol (VDP)
   specified in [IEEE8021Qbg]. This protocol is intended to address the
   same basic problems at layer two as the Hypervisor-to-NVE protocol
   needs to address at layer three.  Simply by adding the ability to
   carry layer three addresses to VDP using the extensibility features
   built into the protocol, VDP may be used as the Hypervisor-to-NVE
   Control Plane protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pt-nvo3-vdp-vm2nve-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pt-nvo3-vdp-vm2nve-gap-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/