Subject: I-D Action: draft-kampanakis-6man-ipv6-eh-parsing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:07:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Implementation Guidelines for parsing IPv6 Extension Headers
        Author          : Panos Kampanakis
	Filename        : draft-kampanakis-6man-ipv6-eh-parsing-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-06-02

Abstract:
   IPv6 is widely used on the internet today and is expected to be
   deployed more as more devices (i.e. home automation) get inter-
   connected.  The IPv6 header format allows for the use of Extension
   Headers (EH).  EHs could be chained together with very few existing
   guidelines by the IPv6 protocol on how devices should parse them,
   which open room for security concerns and inconsistencies.  This
   document presents guidelines for parsing IPv6 EHs with a goal of
   providing a common and consistent parsing methodology for IPv6
   implementers among the industry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kampanakis-6man-ipv6-eh-parsing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kampanakis-6man-ipv6-eh-parsing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/