Subject: I-D Action: draft-taylor-manet-l3-dlep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 06:11:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Layer-3 Extensions to DLEP
        Authors         : Rick Taylor
                          John Dowdell
	Filename        : draft-taylor-manet-l3-dlep-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-06-30

Abstract:
   There exists a class of devices where DLEP functionality is desired
   but as the devices operate at layer-3, supporting the core DLEP
   specification with its requirement that modems operate as transparent
   layer-2 bridges is inappropriate.

   This document introduces two optional extensions to the core DLEP
   specification.  Each extension may be used in isolation without
   breaking backwards compatibility.

   By relaxing the requirement that all DLEP destinations be identified
   by MAC address, and the addition of a new extension TLV describing
   available destination routes, the functionality of DLEP can be
   implemented by layer-3 forwarding devices.

   Note:

   o  This document is intended as an extension to the core DLEP
      specification, and readers are expected to be fully conversant
      with the operation of core DLEP.

   o  The DLEP specification is still in draft, and this document serves
      a secondary purpose to explore and validate the extension
      mechanisms detailed in DLEP.  This document will therefore require
      further update as the core DLEP draft progresses towards standards
      track.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-taylor-manet-l3-dlep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-taylor-manet-l3-dlep-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/