Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:13:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers Version 2 (ORCHIDv2)
        Authors         : Julien Laganier
                          Francis Dupont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-06-23

Abstract:
   This document specifies an updated Overlay Routable Cryptographic
   Hash Identifiers format that obsoletes RFC4843.  These identifiers
   are intended to be used as endpoint identifiers at applications and
   Application Programming Interfaces (API) and not as identifiers for
   network location at the IP layer, i.e., locators.  They are designed
   to appear as application layer entities and at the existing IPv6
   APIs, but they should not appear in actual IPv6 headers.  To make
   them more like regular IPv6 addresses, they are expected to be
   routable at an overlay level.  Consequently, while they are
   considered non-routable addresses from the IPv6 layer point-of-view,
   all existing IPv6 applications are expected to be able to use them in
   a manner compatible with current IPv6 addresses.

   The Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers originally
   defined in RFC4843 lacked a mechanism for cryptographic algorithm
   agility.  The updated ORCHID format specified in this document
   removes this limitation by encoding in the identifier itself an index
   to the suite of cryptographic algorithms in use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc4843-bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/