Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmitt-ace-twowayauth-for-iot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 07:06:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Two-way Authentication for IoT
        Authors         : Corinna Schmitt
                          Burkhard Stiller
	Filename        : draft-schmitt-ace-twowayauth-for-iot-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-06-25

Abstract:
   In this draft the first key idea for a full two-way authentication
   security scheme for the Internet of Things (IoT) based on existing
   Internet standards is introduced.  The solution is twofold providing
   a two-way authentication for resource-rich hardware (e.g., class 2
   devices with ~50 KiB RAM and ~250 KiB ROM [14]) and for devices with
   less resources (e.g., class 1 devices with ~10 KiB RAM and ~100 KiB
   ROM [14]).  By relying on an established standard, existing
   implementations, engineering techniques, and security infrastructure
   can be reused, which enables an easy security uptake.  The proposed
   security scheme for resource-rich devices is, therefore, based on
   RSA, the most widely used public key cryptography algorithm.  It is
   designed to work over standard communication stacks that offer UDP/
   IPv6 networking for Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks
   (6LoWPANs).  RSA is a bulky solution at the moment but shows that it
   is possible using it on constraint devices for security purposes.  An
   optimization is the usage of elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) as
   assumed for devices with less resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmitt-ace-twowayauth-for-iot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmitt-ace-twowayauth-for-iot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/