Subject: I-D Action: draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:27:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit Subscriptions for the REFER Method
        Author          : Robert Sparks
	Filename        : draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-06-17

Abstract:
   The SIP REFER request, as defined by RFC3515, triggers an implicit
   SIP-Specific Event Notification framework subscription.  Conflating
   the start of the subscription with handling the REFER request makes
   negotiating SUBSCRIBE extensions impossible, and complicates avoiding
   SIP dialog sharing.  This document defines an extension to REFER to
   remove the implicit subscription and replace it with an explicit one.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sparks-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/