Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 00:08:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Application Policy on Network Functions (APONF)
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Tina Tsou
                          Qiong Sun
                          Diego Lopez
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-06-07

Abstract:
   As more and more modern network applications grow in scale and
   complexity, their demands and requirements on the supporting
   communication network will increase. In particular, these demands
   require the use of specific network management and traffic policies
   which currently are not provided directly by the communication
   network to these applications. Application demands that are similar
   in nature can be grouped together in grouped/classified application
   models. This draft specifies the need for application policy on
   network functions (APONF) APONF protocol(s), mechanisms and models
   required by transport applications to easily, accurately, and
   efficiently select and use the available communication network
   capabilities, i.e., network management and/or traffic policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/