Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 07:47:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
        Authors         : Pranjal Kumar Dutta
                          Florin Balus
                          Olen Stokes
                          Don Fedyk
                          Geraldine Calvginac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-13.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2014-06-27

Abstract:
   RFC4762 describes a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses that
   have been dynamically learned in a Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
   Instance for faster convergence on topology change.  The procedure
   also removes MAC addresses in the VPLS that do not require relearning
   due to such topology change.  This document defines an enhancement to
   the MAC Address Withdrawal procedure with empty MAC List from
   RFC4762, which enables a Provider Edge(PE) device to remove only the
   MAC addresses that need to be relearned.  Additional extensions to
   RFC4762 MAC Withdrawal procedures are specified to provide optimized
   MAC flushing for the Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB)VPLS specified
   in RFC7041.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/