Subject: I-D Action: draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 09:10:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Microsoft's Datacenter TCP (DCTCP): TCP Congestion Control for Datacenters
        Authors         : Stephen Bensley
                          Lars Eggert
                          Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-06-05

Abstract:
   This memo describes Datacenter TCP (DCTCP), an improvement to TCP
   congestion control for datacenter traffic, as implemented in Windows
   Server 2012.  DCTCP enhances Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
   processing to estimate the fraction of bytes that encounter
   congestion, rather than simply detecting that some congestion has
   occurred.  DCTCP then scales the TCP congestion window based on this
   estimate.  This method achieves high burst tolerance, low latency,
   and high throughput with shallow-buffered switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bensley-tcpm-dctcp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/