Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 00:36:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Applying BGP flowspec rules on a specific interface set
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Adam Simpson
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jeff Haas
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-06-30

Abstract:
   BGP Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the
   dissemination of traffic flow specification rules.  The primary
   application of this extension is DDoS mitigation where the flowspec
   rules are applied in most cases to all peering routers of the
   network.

   This document will present another use case of BGP Flow-spec where
   flow specifications are used to maintain some access control lists at
   network boundary.  BGP Flowspec is a very efficient distributing
   machinery that can help in saving OPEX while deploying/updating ACLs.
   This new application requires flow specification rules to be applied
   only on a specific subset of interfaces and in a specific direction.

   The current specification of BGP Flow-spec does not detail where the
   flow specification rules need to be applied.

   This document presents a new interface-set flowspec action that will
   be used in complement of other actions (marking, rate-limiting ...).
   The purpose of this extension is to inform remote routers on where to
   apply the flow specification.

   This extension can also be used in a DDoS mitigation context where a
   provider wants to apply the filtering only on specific peers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-idr-flowspec-interfaceset/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/