Subject: I-D Action: draft-yan-netext-hnprenum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:47:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Home Network Prefix Renumbering in PMIPv6
        Authors         : Zhiwei Yan
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Xiaodong Lee
	Filename        : draft-yan-netext-hnprenum-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-06-30

Abstract:
       In the basic Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6), the Mobile Node (MN) is
       assigned a 64-bit Home Network Prefix (HNP) during the initial
       attachment for the Home Address (HoA) configuration. During the
       movements of MN, this prefix is unchanged and then it's unnecessary
       for the MN to reconfigure the HoA. In this way, the handover is
       transparent at the IP and above layers of the MN. However, the
       current protocol does not specify the related operation to support
       the MN to timely receive the new HNP and configure the new HoA when
       its allocated HNP changes. In this draft, this problem is discussed
       and a possible solution is proposed based on some simple extensions
       of the basic PMIPv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yan-netext-hnprenum/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yan-netext-hnprenum-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/