Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-geonet-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 01:25:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Internet-wide Geo-networking
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Alexandru Petrescu
                          Dimitri Papadimitriou
                          Bastiaan Wissingh
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-geonet-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-06-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the need of intertwining of IP networking
   with geographical addressing. As used today, IP routing and
   addressing are completely unaware of geographic parameters such as
   coordinates or postal addresses. Possible applications of future
   Internet-wide geo-networking mechanisms include, but are not limited
   to, dissemination of IP packets to geographical areas, or precise
   tracking of package positions during a shipping process, with more
   use-cases under discussion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-geonet-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-geonet-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/