Subject: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 00:04:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A-PAWS: Alternative Approach for PAWS
        Author          : Yoshifumi Nishida
	Filename        : draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-06-10

Abstract:
   This documents describe a technique called A-PAWS which can provide
   protection against old duplicates segments like PAWS.  While PAWS
   requires TCP to set timestamp options in all segments in a TCP
   connection, A-PAWS supports the same feature without using
   timestamps.  A-PAWS is designed to be used complementary with PAWS.
   TCP needs to use PAWS when it is necessary and activates A-PAWS only
   when it is safe to use.  Without impairing the reliability and the
   robustness of TCP, A-PAWS can provide more option space to other TCP
   extensions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nishida-tcpm-apaws-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/