Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:30:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability
        Authors         : Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Chris Bowers
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Harish Raghuveer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-06-24

Abstract:
   The loop-free alternates computed following the current Remote-LFA
   [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-remote-lfa] specification gaurantees only link-
   protection.  The resulting Remote-LFA nexthops (also called PQ-
   nodes), may not gaurantee node-protection for all destinations being
   protected by it.

   This document describes procedures for determining if a given PQ-node
   provides node-protection for a specific destination or not.  The
   document also shows how the same procedure can be utilised for
   collection of complete characteristics for alternate paths.
   Knowledge about the characteristics of all alternate path is
   precursory to apply operator defined policy for eliminating paths not
   fitting constraints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/