Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-drlb-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:34:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Designated Router Load Balancing
        Authors         : Yiqun Cai
                          Sri Vallepalli
                          Heidi Ou
                          Andy Green
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-drlb-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-06-11

Abstract:
   On a multi-access network, one of the PIM routers is elected as a
   Designated Router (DR).  On the last hop network, the PIM DR is
   responsible for tracking local multicast listeners and forwarding
   traffic to these listeners if the group is operating in PIM-SM.  In
   this document, we propose a modification to the PIM-SM protocol that
   allows more than one of these last hop routers to be selected so that
   the forwarding load can be distributed among these routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-drlb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-drlb-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-drlb-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/