Subject: I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 06:08:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data Types in the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service Protocol (RADIUS)
        Author          : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-06-24

Abstract:
   RADIUS specifications have used data types for two decades, without
   rigorously defining them as managed entities.  During this time,
   RADIUS implementations have named the data types, and have used them
   as managed entities in attribute definitions.  This document updates
   the specifications to match established practice.  We do this by
   naming data types defined in RFC 6158, which have been used since at
   least RFC 2865.  We provide an IANA registry for the data types, and
   update the RADIUS Attribute Type registry to include a "data type"
   field for each attribute.  Finally, we recommend that authors of
   RADIUS specifications use these types in preference to existing
   practice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/