Subject: I-D Action: draft-sami-pim-ng-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 06:31:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protocol independent multicast- Next Generation (PIM-NG): Protocol Specifications
        Author          : Saeed Sami
	Filename        : draft-sami-pim-ng-04.txt
	Pages           : 174
	Date            : 2014-06-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies protocol independent multicast- Next
   generation or simply called PIM-NG. like PIM-SM, PIM-NG uses the
   underlying unicast routing information, but unlike PIM-SM it doesn't
   necessarily need to build unidirectional shared trees rooted at a
   Rendezvous Point (RP) per group, due to the fact that the processes
   through which a source registers with the Rendezvous Point and a host
   finds the source of the multicast destination groups it needs are
   done in a whole new way. So at some points PIM-NG works faster than
   its predecessor. Also the new Domain concept, unique to PIM-NG, along
   the RPF check method used in PIM-NG specifications provides many
   features along a robust and flexible control and administration over
   multicast networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sami-pim-ng-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sami-pim-ng-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/