Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-bgpbgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:31:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Based Generic TransPort (bgpBGP)
        Authors         : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
                          Jakob Heitz
	Filename        : draft-white-bgpbgp-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-06-16

Abstract:
   A wide array of information is being carried (or proposed to be
   carried) through BGP peering sessions.  While this information is
   necessary and valid, BGP was not designed to carry blobs of
   information, but rather network layer reachability and information
   related directly to forwarding traffic from peer to peer.  This
   document proposes a new BGP message type with a well defined
   structure to use BGP peering sessions for information passed from
   provider to provider along edge peering points, the BGP based Generic
   transPort (bgpBGP).  This message type is designed to allow any pair
   of BGP speakers to transfer information within an existing session,
   or for BGP peering semantics to be used with multihop sessions
   between "information exchange speakers" within an autonomous system.
   The new message type is designed to provide flexibility by allowing
   the encoding of virtually any information within a BGP session
   through the use of type-length-vector formatting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-bgpbgp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-bgpbgp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/