Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:28:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Label Sharing for Fast PE Protection
        Authors         : Mingui Zhang
                          Peng Zhou
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-06-17

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to be used by VPN Service Providers
   to provide multi-homed CEs with fast protection of egress PEs. Egress
   PEs in a redundant group always share the same label in distribution
   of VPN routes of a VRF. A virtual Next Hop (vNH) in the IGP/MPLS
   backbone is created as the common end of LSP tunnels which would
   otherwise terminate at each egress PE. Primary and backup LSP tunnels
   ended at the vNH are set up by MPLS on basis of existing IGP FRR
   mechanisms. If the primary egress PE fails, the backup egress PE can
   recognize the "shared" VPN route label carried by the data packets.
   Therefore, the failure affected data packets can be smoothly rerouted
   to the backup PE for delivery without changing their VPN route label.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-l3vpn-label-sharing-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/