Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-alto-te-metrics-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 22:15:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Traffic Engineering Cost Metrics
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Young Lee
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Sabine Randriamasy
	Filename        : draft-wu-alto-te-metrics-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-06-27

Abstract:
   Cost Metric is a basic concept in Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO).  It is used in both the Cost Map Service and the
   Endpoint Cost Service.  Future extensions to ALTO may also use Cost
   Metric.

   Different applications may benefit from different Cost Metrics.  For
   example, a Resource Consumer may prefer Resource Providers that have
   low delay to the Resource Consumer.  However the base ALTO protocol
   [ALTO] has defined only a single cost metric, i.e., the generic
   "routingcost" metric (Sec. 14.2 of ALTO base specification [ALTO]).

   In this document, we define eleven Cost Metrics, derived from OSPF-TE
   and ISIS-TE, to measure network delay, jitter, packet loss, hop
   count, and bandwidth.  The metrics defined in this document provide a
   relatively comprehensive set of Cost Metrics for ALTO focusing on
   traffic engineering (TE).  Additional Cost Metrics such as financial
   cost metrics may be defined in other documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-alto-te-metrics/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-alto-te-metrics-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-alto-te-metrics-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/