Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:26:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Separation of Control and User Plane for Proxy Mobile IPv6
        Authors         : Ryuji Wakikawa
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-06-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies a method to split the Control Plane (CP) and
   User Plane (UP) for a Proxy Mobile IPv6 based network infrastructure.
   Existing specifications allow a mobile access gateway (MAG) to
   separate its control and user plane using the Alternate Care of
   address mobility option for IPv6, or Alternate IPv4 Care of Address
   option for IPv4.  However, the current specification does not provide
   any mechanism allowing the local mobility anchor (LMA) to perform an
   analogous functional split.  To remedy that shortcoming, this
   document specifies a mobility option enabling a LMA to provide an
   alternate LMA address to be used for the bi-directional user plane
   traffic between the MAG and LMA.  With this new option, a LMA will be
   able to use an IP address for its user plane which is different than
   the IP address used for the control plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/