Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 03:10:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Management Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Autonomic Networking - Definitions and Design Goals
        Authors         : Michael Behringer
                          Max Pritikin
                          Steinthor Bjarnason
                          Alex Clemm
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-06-27

Abstract:
   Autonomic systems were first described in 2001.  The fundamental goal
   is self-management, including self-configuration, self-optimization,
   self-healing and self-protection.

   This document applies the concepts of autonomic systems to a network,
   and describes the definitions and design goals of Autonomic
   Networking.  The high-level goal for an autonomic function is to have
   minimal dependencies on human administrators or centralized
   management systems.  This usually implies distribution across network
   elements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/