Subject: I-D Action: draft-ww-opsawg-multi-layer-oam-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:52:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement and Architecture for Transport-Independent Multiple Layer OAM
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Mishael Wexler
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Sam Aldrin
                          Greg Mirsky
                          Pradeep Jain
	Filename        : draft-ww-opsawg-multi-layer-oam-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-06-29

Abstract:
   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanismsare
   critical building blocks in network operations that are used for
   service assurance, fulfillment, or service diagnosis,
   troubleshooting, and repair.  The current practice is that many
   technologies rely on their own OAM protocols that are exclusive to a
   given layer.  There is little consolidation of OAM in either data
   plane or management plane nor well-documented inter-layer OAM
   operations.  Vendors and Operators dedicate significant resources and
   effort through the whole OAM life-cycle each time when a new
   technology is (to be) introduced.  This is even exacerbated when
   dealing with integration of OAM across multiple technologies.

   This document describes the problem space and defines an architecture
   for the generic and integrated OAM with a focus of multi-layer and
   cross-layer considerations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ww-opsawg-multi-layer-oam/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ww-opsawg-multi-layer-oam-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ww-opsawg-multi-layer-oam-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/