Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:07:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Revised Error Handling for BGP UPDATE Messages
        Authors         : Enke Chen
                          John G. Scudder
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-12.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-06-11

Abstract:
   According to the base BGP specification, a BGP speaker that receives
   an UPDATE message containing a malformed attribute is required to
   reset the session over which the offending attribute was received.
   This behavior is undesirable as a session reset would impact not only
   routes with the offending attribute, but also other valid routes
   exchanged over the session.  This document partially revises the
   error handling for UPDATE messages, and provides guidelines for the
   authors of documents defining new attributes.  Finally, it revises
   the error handling procedures for a number of existing attributes.

   This document updates error handling for RFCs 1997, 4271, 4360, 4456,
   4760 and 5701.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/