Subject: I-D Action: draft-zeng-ccamp-joint-control-mid-fwd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:45:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Common Joint Control of Middleboxes and Forwarding Elements
        Authors         : Lieguang Zeng
                          Jiaqiang Liu
                          Mao Yang
                          Yong Li
                          Depeng Jin
                          Li Su
	Filename        : draft-zeng-ccamp-joint-control-mid-fwd-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-06-10

Abstract:
       Network services become increasingly multifarious. To efficiently
       guarantee the quality of services and fully utilize the network
       resources, network operators need to process the traffic flows
       through more fine-grained way. It is a promising way to deploy a
       series of middleboxes integrating various functions. However, this
       results in two challenges: 1) how to control such increasingly
       different middleboxes; 2) how can networks provide a common joint
       control scheme for both the middleboxes and forwarding elements. This
       document proposes a common joint scheme for middleboxes and
       forwarding elements. This scheme adopts logically centralized control
       method and utilizes standard control interfaces, which makes it
       flexible and efficient for the networks to determine the most
       optimizing path and the most appropriate functions in the middleboxes
       for traffic flows. It guarantees the quality of services and
       significantly improves resource utilization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zeng-ccamp-joint-control-mid-fwd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeng-ccamp-joint-control-mid-fwd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/