Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 23:30:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RADIUS Attribute for MAP
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Yu Fu
                          Bing Liu
                          Peter Deacon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-06-19

Abstract:
   Mapping of Address and Port (MAP) is a stateless mechanism for
   running IPv4 over IPv6-only infrastructure.  It provides both IPv4
   and IPv6 connectivity services simultaneously during the IPv4/IPv6
   co-existing period.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6) MAP options has been defined to configure MAP Customer Edge
   (CE).  However, in many networks, the configuration information may
   be stored in Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA)
   servers while user configuration is mainly from Broadband Network
   Gateway (BNG) through DHCPv6 protocol.  This document defines a
   Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) attribute that
   carries MAP configuration information from AAA server to BNG.  The
   MAP RADIUS attribute are designed following the simplify principle.
   It provides just enough information to form the correspondent DHCPv6
   MAP option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/