Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 04:56:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Performance Measurement for IPsec
        Authors         : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Yang Cui
                          Emma Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-06-05

Abstract:
   The O/TWAMP security mechanism requires that both the client and
   server endpoints possess a shared secret.  Since the currently-
   standardized O/TWAMP security mechanism only supports a pre-shared
   key mode, large scale deployment of O/TWAMP is hindered
   significantly.  At the same time, recent trends point to wider IKEv2
   deployment which, in turn, calls for mechanisms and methods that
   enable tunnel end-users, as well as operators, to measure one-way and
   two-way network performance in a standardized manner.  This document
   discusses the use of keys derived from an IKEv2 SA as the shared key
   in O/TWAMP.  If the shared key can be derived from the IKEv2 SA, O/
   TWAMP can support certificate-based key exchange, which would allow
   for more operational flexibility and efficiency.  The key derivation
   presented in this document can also facilitate automatic key
   management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/