Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dkim-list-canon-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 01:21:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A List-safe Canonicalization for DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
        Author          : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dkim-list-canon-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-06-07

Abstract:
   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) introduced a mechanism whereby a
   mail operator can affix a signature to a message that validates at
   the level of the signer's domain name.  It specified two possible
   ways of converting the message body to a canonical form, one
   intolerant of changes and the other tolerant of simple changes to
   whitespace within the message body.

   The provided canonicalization schemes do not tolerate changes in a
   structured message such as conversion between transfer encodings or
   addition of new message parts.  It is useful to have these
   capabilities to allow for transport through gateways, and also for
   transport through handlers (such as mailing list services) that might
   add content that would invalidate a signature generated using the
   existing canonicalization schemes.

   This document presents a mechanism for generating a canonicalization
   that can allows easy detection of modified content while still being
   valid for the content it originally signed.  It also presents a use
   profile of DKIM that takes advantage of this capability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-list-canon/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-list-canon-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/