Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 18:52:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The problem statement of RBridge edge group state synchronization
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Liang Xia
                          Hongjun Zhai
	Filename        : draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-06-05

Abstract:
   In TRILL multi-homing scenario, the concept of virtual RBridge in
   [TRILLPN], was introduced to address the MAC flip-flopping problem at
   remote RBridges. Based on virtual RBridge mechanism, Coordinated
   Multicast Trees (CMT) solution in [CMT] was introduced to solve the
   related RPF issues. In this document, additional problems are
   described regarding virtual Bridges members' state synchronization in
   multi-homing scenario, including virtual RBridge membership auto
   discovery, pseudo-nickname static configuration consistency check,
   dynamic pseudo-nickname allocation, CMT configuration
   synchronization ,LACP configuration and state synchronization,
   node/link failure detection, MAC table synchronization, DHCP snooping
   information, and dynamically joined VLANs and multicast groups. To
   address these problems, a communication protocol among members of a
   virtual RBridge group should be provided. Requirements for this
   protocol are also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-rb-syn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hao-trill-rb-syn-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/