Subject: I-D Action: draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 05:54:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS-based Multicast Security in Constrained Environments
        Authors         : Sye Loong Keoh
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Esko Dijk
                          Akbar Rahman
	Filename        : draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   The CoAP standard is fast emerging as a key protocol in the area of
   resource-constrained devices.  Such IP-based systems are foreseen to
   be used for building and lighting automation systems where devices
   interconnect with each other, forming, for example, low-power and
   lossy networks (LLNs).  Both multicast and its security are key needs
   in these networks.  This draft presents a method for securing IPv6
   multicast communication based on the DTLS which is already supported
   for unicast communication for CoAP devices.  This draft deals with
   the adaptation of the DTLS record layer to protect multicast group
   communication, assuming that all group members already have the group
   security association parameters in their possession.  The adapted
   DTLS record layer provides message confidentiality, integrity and
   replay protection to group messages using the group keying material
   before sending the message via IPv6 multicast to the group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-keoh-dice-multicast-security-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/