Subject: I-D Action: draft-conet-aeon-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:51:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Enabled Collaborative Networking Requirements
        Authors         : Peng Fan
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Brandon Williams
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Charles Eckel
	Filename        : draft-conet-aeon-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   Identification and treatment of application flows are important to
   many application providers and network operators.  Historically, this
   functionality has been implemented to the extent possible using
   heuristics, which inspect and infer flow characteristics.  But many
   application flows in current usages are dynamic, adaptive, time-
   bound, encrypted, peer-to-peer, asymmetric, used on multipurpose
   devices, and have different priorities depending on direction of
   flow, user preferences, and other factors.  Any combination of these
   properties renders heuristic based techniques less effective and may
   result in compromises to application security or user privacy.  The
   document states requirements for a solution that enables
   identification and treatment of application flows without suffering
   the limitations that plague existing solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-conet-aeon-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-conet-aeon-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/