Subject: I-D Action: draft-amdouni-nwcrg-cisew-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:28:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Coding Interval-based Sliding Encoding Window
        Authors         : Ichrak Amdouni
                          Cedric Adjih
	Filename        : draft-amdouni-nwcrg-cisew-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document details an online coding method for network coding
   called CISEW: Coding Interval-based Sliding Encoding Window.  The
   method is proposed as a building block that could be integrated in a
   complete network coding protocol.  This building block is responsible
   of:

      - decoding: maintaining and decoding of the set of received coded
      payloads,

      - recoding: selecting the content of generated coded payloads,

      - signaling: allowing for nodes to collect the information on the
      state of their neighbors.

   CISEW is based on a sliding window method; it generates coded
   payloads using only a small subset of original payloads.  This allows
   for some real-time decoding (online decoding).  CISEW is a overhaul
   and redesign of a similar method called SEW, part of the previously
   proposed protocol DRAGONCAST.  CISEW refines the signaling and
   algorithms of SEW, and makes them more general.  CISEW offers a
   general framework for online network coding, with associated
   signaling.  From this framework, several online coding policies can
   be implemented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amdouni-nwcrg-cisew/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amdouni-nwcrg-cisew-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/