Subject: I-D Action: draft-park-radext-ssk-update-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 20:19:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Shared Secret Key update for RADIUS Accounting
        Author          : Jungsoo Park
	Filename        : draft-park-radext-ssk-update-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-07-02

Abstract:
   There is a shared secret key in the existing method to authenticate
   RADIUS accounting messages between the RADIUS server and the access
   point. If this key is exposed, the attacker can utilize this key to
   operate the Rogue AP as a normal AP. In this case, a problem arises
   regarding to the creation of forged user accounting information and
   transmission to the RADIUS Server. Furthermore, there is some
   inconvenience for the administrators because each server and AP have
   to be accessed directly to configure the SSK. This draft proposes
   the technique for periodic updates of the shared secret key by the
   RADIUS server to resolve this problem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-park-radext-ssk-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-park-radext-ssk-update-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-park-radext-ssk-update-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/