Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-spring-mpls-path-programming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 01:51:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases and Framwork of Service-Oriented MPLS Path Programming (MPP)
        Author          : Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-li-spring-mpls-path-programming-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-07-01

Abstract:
   Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture for unicast
   traffic has been proposed to cope with the use cases in traffic
   engineering, fast re-reroute, service chain, etc.  It can leverage
   existing MPLS dataplane without any modification.  In fact, the label
   stack capability in MPLS would have been utilized well to implement
   flexible path programming to satisfy all kinds of requirements of
   service bearing.  But in the distributed environment, the flexible
   programming capability is difficult to implement and always confined
   to reachability.  As the introducing of central control in the
   network, the flexible MPLS programming capability becomes possible
   owing to two factors: 1.  It becomes easier to allocate label for
   more purposes than reachability; 2.  It is easy to calculate the MPLS
   path in a global network view.  Moreover, the MPLS path programming
   capability can be utilized to satify more requirements of service
   bearing in the service layer which is defined as service-oriented
   MPLS path programming.  This document defines the concept of MPLS
   path programming, then proposes use cases, architecture and protocol
   extension requirements in the service layer for the Source Packet
   Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-mpls-path-programming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-spring-mpls-path-programming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/