Subject: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:33:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Cross-Domain Server Discovery
        Authors         : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   In some deployment scenarios, in particular if the information about
   the network topology is partitioned and distributed over several ALTO
   servers, an ALTO client may need to discover an ALTO server outside
   of its own network domain, in order to get appropriate guidance.

   This document details applicable scenarios, itemizes requirements,
   and analyzes existing solution approaches for such ALTO cross-domain
   server discovery.  However, the specification of a procedure is
   beyond the scope of this document.  Note, that in earlier versions of
   this document, ALTO cross-domain server discovery was referred to as
   "third-party discovery", but it has been renamed to avoid naming
   ambiguities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/