Subject: I-D Action: draft-xue-radext-key-management-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 02:39:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RADIUS Extensions for Key Management in WLAN network
        Authors         : Li Xue
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Bo Gao
                          Dapeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-xue-radext-key-management-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   When a mobile device (referred to as Station (STA)) tries to connect
   to a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), it needs to first perform
   mutual authentication with the EAP server of the network.  As a
   result of successful authentication, a Pairwise Master Key (PMK) will
   be generated, and distributed to the STA and the Authenticator of the
   network by the EAP server respectively.  The PMK is used for securing
   the subsequent communications between the STA and the Wireless
   Termination Point (WTP) it attaches to.  In practice, the
   authenticator may not be deployed on the WTP.  In this case, an
   approach is required to help the WTP to obtain the PMK.  This work
   tries to discuss the issues related with this topic and proposes a
   RADIUS extension to address the problem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xue-radext-key-management/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xue-radext-key-management-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xue-radext-key-management-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/