Subject: I-D Action: draft-bittau-tcpinc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 01:33:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cryptographic protection of TCP Streams (tcpcrypt)
        Authors         : Andrea Bittau
                          Dan Boneh
                          Mike Hamburg
                          Mark Handley
                          David Mazieres
                          Quinn Slack
	Filename        : draft-bittau-tcpinc-00.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   This document presents tcpcrypt, a TCP extension for
   cryptographically protecting TCP segments.  Tcpcrypt maintains the
   confidentiality of data transmitted in TCP segments against a passive
   eavesdropper.  It protects connections against denial-of-service
   attacks involving desynchronizing of sequence numbers, and when
   enabled, against forged RST segments.  Finally, applications that
   perform authentication can obtain end-to-end confidentiality and
   integrity guarantees by tying authentication to tcpcrypt Session ID
   values.

   The extension defines two new TCP options, CRYPT and MAC, which are
   designed to provide compatible interworking with TCPs that do not
   implement tcpcrypt.  The CRYPT option allows hosts to negotiate the
   use of tcpcrypt and establish shared secret encryption keys.  The MAC
   option carries a message authentication code with which hosts can
   verify the integrity of transmitted TCP segments.  Tcpcrypt is
   designed to require relatively low overhead, particularly at servers,
   so as to be useful even in the case of servers accepting many TCP
   connections per second.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bittau-tcpinc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bittau-tcpinc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/