Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 01:56:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for Virtual Connections on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD) using Interface to Routing System
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Mach Chen
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networks (SDN) provide a way to virtualize and
   abstract the network in order to present virtual or abstract
   resources to third-party applications running in software.
   Applications can utilize a programmable interface to receive these
   virtual or abstract resource descriptions in a form that allows
   monitoring or manipulation of resources within the network.  The
   Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) provides an interface directly
   to the routing System to monitor best paths to any destination or
   change routes in the routing information base (RIB) or MPLS Label
   Information Base (LIB).  The I2RS interfaces may be combined with
   other interfaces to the forwarding plane (ForCES (RFC3746)), device
   configuration (NETCONF), or mid-level/peer-to-peer (ALTO, draft-ietf-
   alto-protocol) system to create these virtual pathways.

   This document outlines how SDN networks can use the I2RS interface to
   implement an automated set of network services for the Virtual
   Connection on Demand (VCoD) and Virtual Network on Demand (VNoD).
   These systems provide service routing a better way to create paths
   within a hub and spoke environment, and provide service routing the
   ability to create pathways based on service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-i2rs-use-case-vn-vc-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/