Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 09:11:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Snapshot of OLSRv2-Routed MANET Management
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Ulrich Herberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document describes how Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) are
   typically managed, in terms of pre-deployment management, as well as
   rationale and means of monitoring and management of MANET routers
   running the Optimized Link State Routing protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)
   and its constituent MANET NehgiborHood Discovery Protocol (NHDP).
   Apart from pre-deployment management for setting up IP addresses and
   security related credentials, OLSRv2 only needs routers to agree one
   single parameter (called "C").  Other parameters for tweaking network
   performance may be determined during operation of the network, and
   need not be the same in all routers.  This, using MIB modules and
   related management protocols such as SNMP (or possibly other, less
   "chatty", protocols).  In addition, for debugging purposes,
   monitoring data and performance related counters, as well as
   notifications ("traps") can be sent to the Network Management System
   (NMS) via standardized management protocols.  This document

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/