Subject: I-D Action: draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 19:41:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Performance Monitoring Analysis for L3VPN
        Authors         : Lianshu Zheng
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Sam K. Aldrin
                          Bhavani Parise
	Filename        : draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   To perform the measurement of packet loss, delay and other metrics on
   a particular VPN flow, the egress PE need to tell to which specific
   ingress VRF a packet belongs to.  But for L3VPN, multipoint-to-point
   network model applies, flow identifying is a challenge.  This
   document summarizes the current performance monitoring mechanisms for
   L3VPN in MPLS networks, and analyzes various solutions and challenges
   for measuring performance metrics within these networks.  This
   document also identifies various key points which needs to be taken
   in consideration when designing L3VPN performance monitoring
   mechanisms.  Performance measurements within non-MPLS L3VPN networks
   is not within the scope of the document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/