Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:53:30 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : A Media-based Traceroute Function for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
    Author(s)     : H. Kaplan
    Filename      : draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute
    Pages         : 7 
    Date          : 2014-07-11 
    
   SIP already provides the ability to perform hop-by-hop traceroute 
   for SIP messages using the Max-Forwards header field to determine 
   the reachability path of requests to a target.  A mechanism for 
   media-loopback calls has also been defined separately, which enables 
   test calls to be generated that result in media being looped back to 
   the originator.  This document describes a means of performing hop-
   by-hop traceroute-style test calls using the media-loopback 
   mechanism to test the media path when SIP sessions go through media-
   relaying B2BUAs. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.