Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:42:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : What's the Impact of Virtualization to ALTO?
        Authors         : Qiao Fu
                          Zhen Cao
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This draft presents a use case of Application Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) with the emergence of Network Function
   Virtualization (NFV).  The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Service provides network information (e.g., basic network
   location structure and preferences of network paths) with the goal of
   modifying network resource consumption patterns while maintaining or
   improving application performance.  The emerging Network Functions
   Virtualisation (NFV), as currently being in progress in ETSI NFV,
   leverages standard IT virtualisation technology to consolidate many
   network equipment types onto industry standard high volume servers,
   switches and storage.  The usecase presented in this draft discusses
   the impact of virtualization on the ALTO protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/