Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 04:50:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Congestion Control Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Common TCP Evaluation Suite
        Authors         : David Hayes
                          David Ros
                          Lachlan L.H. Andrew
                          Sally Floyd
	Filename        : draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-01.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document presents an evaluation test suite for the initial
   assessment of proposed TCP modifications.  The goal of the test suite
   is to allow researchers to quickly and easily evaluate their proposed
   TCP extensions in simulators and testbeds using a common set of well-
   defined, standard test cases, in order to compare and contrast
   proposals against standard TCP as well as other proposed
   modifications.  This test suite is not intended to result in an
   exhaustive evaluation of a proposed TCP modification or new
   congestion control mechanism.  Instead, the focus is on quickly and
   easily generating an initial evaluation report that allows the
   networking community to understand and discuss the behavioral aspects
   of a new proposal, in order to guide further experimentation that
   will be needed to fully investigate the specific aspects of such
   proposal.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/