Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:53:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Application Policy on Network Functions (APONF)
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Tina Tsou
                          Qiong Sun
                          Diego Lopez
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   As more and more modern network management applications grow in scale
   and complexity, their demands and requirements on the supporting
   communication network will increase.
   In particular, today network operators are challenged to create an
   abstract view of their network infrastructure and help service
   developers on using and programming this abstraction rather than
   manipulating individual devices. In this context, network management
   applications can be used to provide the required configuration and
   application programming interfaces to such service developers. The
   main goal of APONF is to (1) communicate the up to date abstract view
   of the network between the network management application systems and
   network management and controlling systems and (2) map the abstract
   view of the network into specific network management policies, i.e.,
   device level configuration models.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-karagiannis-aponf-problem-statement-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/