Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-mpls-ip-hard-pipe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:23:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Architecture of MPLS/IP Network with Hardened Pipes
        Authors         : JiangTao Hao
                          River Huang
                          Loa Andersson
                          Mach Chen
	Filename        : draft-hao-mpls-ip-hard-pipe-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-07-01

Abstract:
   This document is intended to become an Informational RFC on the
   independent stream.  The document does not specify any new protocol
   or procedures.  It does explain how MPLS standards been implemented,
   deployed and operated to meet the requirements from operators that
   offer traditional Virtual Leased Line services.

   This document introduces the concept of "Hard Pipes", a Hard Pipe is
   an MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) or a Pseudowire (PW) with a
   bandwidth that is guaranteed and can neither be exceeded nor
   infringed upon.

   This document describes an MPLS/IP network that has an infrastructure
   that can be separated into two or more strata.  For the
   implementation described in this document the infrastructure has been
   separated into two strata.  One for the 'Hard Pipes', called the
   'Hard Pipe Stratum".  And one for the normal IP/MPLS traffic - called
   the 'Normal IP/MPLS stratum'.

   The Hard Pipe stratum does not use statistical multiplexing, for the
   LSPs and PWs setup within this stratum the bandwidth are guaranteed
   end to end.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-mpls-ip-hard-pipe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-mpls-ip-hard-pipe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/