Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:02:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6TiSCH Operation Sublayer (6top)
        Authors         : Qin Wang
                          Xavier Vilajosana
                          Thomas Watteyne
	Filename        : draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   The recently published [IEEE802154e] standard formalizes the concept
   of link-layer resources in LLNs.  Nodes are synchronized and follow a
   schedule.  A cell in that schedule corresponds to an atomic link-
   layer resource, and can be allocated to any pair of neighbors in the
   network.  This allows the schedule to be built to tightly match each
   node's bandwidth, latency and energy constraints.  The [IEEE802154e]
   standard does not, however, present a mechanism to do so, as building
   and managing the schedule is out of scope of the standard.  This
   document describes the 6TiSCH Operation Sublayer (6top) and the
   commands it provides to upper network layers such as RPL or GMPLS.
   The set of functionalities includes feedback metrics from cell states
   so network layers can take routing decisions, TSCH configuration and
   control procedures, and the support for decentralized, centralized or
   hybrid scheduling.  In addition, 6top can be configured to enable
   packet switching at layer 2.5, analogous to GMPLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/