Subject: I-D Action: draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:35:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimizing DNS-SD query using TXT records
        Author          : Ashutosh Aggarwal
	Filename        : draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   DNS-SD allows a client to find a list of named instances of a service
   name over a particular transport within a domain of interest using
   standard DNS queries.  As the number of potential responders
   increases, DNS-SD based discovery doesn't scale well.  To mitigate
   the scaling issues, schemes to narrow down the search context would
   be needed.  The document proposes to include key/value pairs in the
   form of a DNS TXT record along with the service name in the DNS query
   to assist with the discovery process.  The DNS TXT record can be
   placed in the additional section of the query without requiring any
   changes to the structure of DNS messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/