Subject: I-D Action: draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:16:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Free from Using Zone Identifier for IPv6 Link-Local Address
        Authors         : Hiroshi Kitamura
                          Shingo Ata
                          Masayuki Murata
	Filename        : draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-07-01

Abstract:
   This document describes "Zone-ID Free" functions that make end
   users free from using zone identifiers (Zone-ID) for IPv6 link-
   local addresses.

   When users deal with IPv6 link-local addresses, it is thought that
   it is mandatory thing to specify accompanied Zone-IDs. For end
   users, however, it is troublesome and nuisance thing to do it.
   Because it is very hard for normal end users to find appropriate
   Zone-IDs for this purpose.

   From another viewpoint, the usage of IPv6 link-local addresses
   accompanied with Zone-IDs is quite different from the traditional
   usage of global addresses. Therefore many problems related with
   Zone-ID are caused and new specifications are required to fix these
   problems.

   This document explores and describes how "Zone-ID Free" functions
   work and how end users are released from using Zone-IDs when they
   deal with IPv6 link-local addresses.

   The "Zone-ID Free" functions are upper compatible with the current
   usages of dealing with IPv6 link-local addresses and harmless to
   the existing communications.

   In order to obtain appropriate Zone-ID information, a new
   technology "Zone-ID Learning" that issues multiple probes is
   introduced.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kitamura-ipv6-zoneid-free-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/