Subject: I-D Action: draft-tu-sdnrg-middle-box-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:21:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SDN Middle Box for Data Centers
        Authors         : Renlong Tu
                          Chuanjie Zhou
                          Jin Zhao
                          Xin Wang
	Filename        : draft-tu-sdnrg-middle-box-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a middle box to improve the utilization of
   data centers. By first combining Clos network with Software Defined
   Network (SDN), the middle box is programmable and nonblocking. SDN
   controller in the middle box can collect information such as traffic
   load, port speed, and resources utilization, which can be used to
   get better efficiency. The nonblocking feature can effectively
   reduce the delay caused by the middle box thus get the better
   performance. Furthermore, the middle box is transparent for the
   original network, so it can be readily implemented for today's data
   centers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tu-sdnrg-middle-box/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tu-sdnrg-middle-box-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/