Subject: I-D Action: draft-lee-dnsop-scalingroot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 18:02:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : How to scale the DNS root system?
        Authors         : Xiaodong Lee
                          Paul Vixie
                          Zhiwei Yan
	Filename        : draft-lee-dnsop-scalingroot-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-02

Abstract:
       In Domain Name System (DNS), 13 root servers are deployed in order
       to provide the entrance of domain name resolution and they are
       denoted by 13 letters. From 2000 or so, the anycast technology has
       been adopted to extend the number of root servers with the explosive
       development of Internet. To date, 11 of the 13 letters are hosted at
       multiple sites, and the root zone is served at about 380 sites
       around the globe. However, increasing mirror sites is not a perfect
       solution to scale the DNS root servers because the geographical
       distribution of the current 13 root servers is uneven and only
       increasing mirror sites cannot solve the efficiency and scalability
       issues caused by that. Then we propose a new DNS root system in this
       draft based on the widely deployed Domain Name System Security
       Extensions (DNSSEC). The proposed architecture is scalable and
       secure enough to meet the current and future needs to scale the DNS
       root system in an easy-deployment way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-dnsop-scalingroot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-dnsop-scalingroot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/