Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-dice-groupcomm-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 08:37:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Group Communication Security for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
        Author          : Sandeep S. Kumar
	Filename        : draft-kumar-dice-groupcomm-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-07-02

Abstract:
   CoAP unicast and group communication for low-power and lossy networks
   (LLNs) are foreseen to be used for building and lighting control
   systems.  Although unicast CoAP communication mandates DTLS for
   security, no similar existing security mechanisms exist to secure
   CoAP group communication.  The draft, DTLS multicast security
   [I-D.keoh-dice-multicast-security], proposes a solution based on
   reusing the DTLS record layer to also secure CoAP group
   communication.  Although that solution has advantages in terms of
   code reuse, it does not ensure source authentication within the
   group.  This draft presents alternative CoAP group communication
   security solutions based on public key cryptographic signatures to
   also ensure source authentication within the group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-dice-groupcomm-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-dice-groupcomm-security-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/