Subject: I-D Action: draft-briscoe-tcpm-syn-op-sis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:37:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended TCP Option Space in the Payload of an Alternative SYN
        Author          : Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-tcpm-syn-op-sis-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-07-22

Abstract:
   This document describes an experimental method to extend the option
   space for connection parameters within the initial TCP SYN segment at
   the start of a TCP connection.  In this method the TCP client sends
   two alternative SYNs: one intended for legacy servers and one
   intended for upgraded servers.  Once it establishes which type of
   server has responded, it continues the connection appropriate to that
   server type and aborts the other.  The SYN intended for upgraded
   servers includes additional options at the end of the payload.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-tcpm-syn-op-sis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-tcpm-syn-op-sis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-briscoe-tcpm-syn-op-sis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/