Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 04:45:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Congestion Control Research Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Common TCP Evaluation Suite
        Authors         : David Hayes
                          David Ros
                          Lachlan L.H. Andrew
                          Sally Floyd
	Filename        : draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
This document presents an evaluation test suite for the initial assess-
ment of proposed TCP modifications. The goal of the test suite is to
allow researchers to quickly and easily evaluate their proposed TCP
extensions in simulators and testbeds using a common set of well-
defined, standard test cases, in order to compare and contrast proposals
against standard TCP as well as other proposed modifications. This test
suite is not intended to result in an exhaustive evaluation of a pro-
posed TCP modification or new congestion control mechanism. Instead, the
focus is on quickly and easily generating an initial evaluation report
that allows the networking community to understand and discuss the
behavioral aspects of a new proposal, in order to guide further experi-
mentation that will be needed to fully investigate the specific aspects
of a new proposal.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/