Subject: I-D Action: draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:04:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
        Authors         : Bilhanan Silverajan
                          Teemu Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   CoAP has been standardised as an application level REST-based
   protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
   transmitted using UDP or DTLS as transports.  These transports are
   optimal solutions for CoAP use in IP-based constrained environments
   and nodes.  However compelling motivation exists for understanding
   how CoAP can operate with other transports, such as the need for M2M
   communication using non-IP networks, improved transport level end-to-
   end reliability and security, NAT and firewall traversal issues, and
   mechanisms possibly incurring a lower overhead to CoAP/HTTP
   translation gateways.  This draft examines the requirements for
   conveying CoAP messages to end points over such alternative
   transports.  It also provides a new URI format for representing CoAP
   resources over alternative transports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/