Subject: I-D Action: draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 20:22:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Enabled Collaborative Networking: Problem Statement
        Authors         : Peng Fan
                          Hui Deng
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Charles Eckel
                          Brandon Williams
	Filename        : draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   Identification and treatment of application flows are important to
   many application providers and network operators.  They often rely on
   these capabilities to deploy and/or support a wide range of
   applications.  These applications generate flows that may have
   specific connectivity requirements that can be met if made known to
   the network.  Historically, this functionality has been implemented
   to the extent possible using heuristics, which inspect and infer flow
   characteristics.  Heuristics may be based on port ranges, network
   separation (e.g. subnets or VLANs, Deep Flow Inspection (DFI), or
   Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).  But many application flows in current
   usages are dynamic, adaptive, time-bound, encrypted, peer-to-peer,
   asymmetric, used on multipurpose devices, and have different
   priorities depending on direction of flow, user preferences, and
   other factors.  Any combination of these properties renders heuristic
   based techniques less effective and may result in compromises to
   application security or user privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-conet-aeon-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/