Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:25:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Home Networking Architecture Principles
        Authors         : Tim Chown
                          Jari Arkko
                          Anders Brandt
                          Ole Troan
                          Jason Weil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This text describes evolving networking technology within residential
   home networks with increasing numbers of devices and a trend towards
   increased internal routing.  The goal of this document is to define a
   general architecture for IPv6-based home networking, describing the
   associated principles, considerations and requirements.  The text
   briefly highlights specific implications of the introduction of IPv6
   for home networking, discusses the elements of the architecture, and
   suggests how standard IPv6 mechanisms and addressing can be employed
   in home networking.  The architecture describes the need for specific
   protocol extensions for certain additional functionality.  It is
   assumed that the IPv6 home network is not actively managed, and runs
   as an IPv6-only or dual-stack network.  There are no recommendations
   in this text for the IPv4 part of the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-arch-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/