Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-pcp-bind-operation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 13:42:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCP BIND Operation
        Author          : Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-pcp-bind-operation-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   Port Control Protocol[PCP, RFC6887] describes two opcodes between
   PCP client and PCP server: PCP map opcode and PCP peer opcode. These
   two opcodes are used mainly for the establishment of map table in
   NAT devices, to let the incoming packet pass through the NAT devices,
   reach to the server behind it (map opcode); or build the required
   map table explicitly in NAT devices (peer opcode). These opcodes are
   enough for the client-server communication model in general NAT
   environment, but for client-client communication model, especially
   that in symmetric NAT environment or in situation that two
   communication hosts are in different address family, there must
   exists one relay device, which act the same as PCP server, to
   forward the communication data. To control the behavior of relay
   device (similar as PCP server), build the communication channel
   between two ends via it and open its data forward capability to the
   third-party partner, it is needed to define one new opcode for PCP
   protocol.

   The PCP BIND opcode will bind two communication channels which are
   ended at PCP server together and make the communication between two
   hosts behind the symmetric NAT environment, or that between two
   hosts belong to different address family possible. Such solution is
   simpler than the current procedures used by TURN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-pcp-bind-operation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-pcp-bind-operation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/