Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 05:25:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
        Authors         : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   One of the major advantages of SCTP is that it supports multi-homed
   communication.  A multi-homed SCTP end-point has the ability to
   withstand network failures by migrating the traffic from an inactive
   network to an active one.  However, if the [RFC4960] specified
   failover operation is followed there can be a significant delay in
   the migration to the active destination addresses, thus severely
   reducing the effectiveness of SCTP multi-homed operation.

   The memo complements RFC4960 by the introduction of the Potentially
   Failed state and associated new Quick Failover operation to apply
   during network failure and specifies for SCTP senders to support this
   more performance optimal failover procedure as an add-on to the
   [RFC4960] failover operation.  The memo in addition complements
   [RFC4960] by introduction of alternative switchover operation modes
   for the data transfer path management after a failover.  These
   operation modes offer for more performance optimal operation in some
   network environments.  From the perspective of this memo the
   implementation of the additional switchover operation modes is
   considered optional.

   The procedures defined require only minimal modifications to the
   current specification.  The procedures are sender-side only and do
   not impact the SCTP receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/