Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 15:16:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP IP MPLS VPN Virtual CE
        Authors         : Luyuan Fang
                          John Evans
                          David Ward
                          Rex Fernando
                          Ning So
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Maria Napierala
	Filename        : draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document describes the architecture and solutions of using
   virtual Customer Edge (vCE) of BGP IP MPLS VPN. The solution is aimed
   at providing efficient service delivery capability through CE
   virtualization, and is especially beneficial in virtual Private Cloud
   (vPC) environments when extending IP MPLS VPN into tenant virtual
   Data Center containers. This document includes: BGP IP MPLS VPN
   virtual CE architecture; Control plane and forwarding options; Data
   Center orchestration processes; integration with existing WAN
   enterprise VPNs; management capability requirements; and security
   considerations. The solution is generally applicable to any BGP IP
   VPN deployment. The virtual CE solution is complementary to the
   virtual PE solutions.

   Today's data center's require multi-tenancy and mechanisms to
   establish overlay network connectivity. This document describes one
   approach to enabling data center network connectivity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-ce-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/