Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:01:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Path Record Attribute
        Author          : Robert Raszuk
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-07-23

Abstract:
   BGP protocol today contains number of build in mechanisms which
   record critical for its loop free operation data along the path of
   BGP message propagation.  Those are encoded in AS_PATH, CLUSTER_LIST
   or ORIGINATOR_ID attributes.  However in the same time there is no
   provisioning to record other useful information along the path which
   can be helpful to the operator in order to enhance end to end
   visibility of BGP control plane.

   In order to solve this problem this document proposes a new single
   BGP attribute designed as an generic and extensible container to
   carry number of new optional information corresponding to the BGP
   speakers given BGP advertisement (or withdraw) message traverses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/