Subject: I-D Action: draft-unbehagen-lldp-spb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 11:20:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Auto-attach using LLDP with IEEE 802.1aq SPBM networks
        Authors         : Paul Unbehagen
                          Dan Romascanu
                          John Seligson
                          Carl Keene
                          Nigel Bragg
                          Ludovic Beliveau
	Filename        : draft-unbehagen-lldp-spb-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   This informational document describes a compact method of using IEEE
   802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) with IEEE 802.1aq
   Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) network to automatically attach network
   devices not supporting IEEE 802.1ah to individual services in a SPB
   network.  These network devices typically do not support SPBM, MAC-
   in-MAC (802.1ah), nor I-SID usage  and therefore cannot easily take
   advantage of the SPB infrastructure without manual configuration of
   attachment of VLANs to I-SIDs in multiple locations.  A motivation
   for this draft is to suggest a useful means to simplify and automate
   connections to PBB L2VPN based service networks such as those defined
   in SPBM-EVPN

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-unbehagen-lldp-spb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-unbehagen-lldp-spb-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/