Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 03:10:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPFIX Information Elements for logging NAT Events
        Authors         : Senthil Sivakumar
                          Renaldo Penno
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-07-02

Abstract:
   Network operators expect NAT devices to log events like creation and
   deletion of translations and information about the resources it is
   managing.  The logs are essential in many cases to identify an
   attacker or a host that was used to launch malicious attacks and/or
   for various other purposes of accounting.  Since there is no standard
   way of logging this information, different NAT devices log the
   information using proprietary formats and hence it is difficult to
   expect a consistent behavior.  The lack of a consistent way to log
   the data makes it difficult to write the collector applications that
   would receive this data and process it to present useful information.
   This document describes the formats for logging of NAT events.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/