Subject: I-D Action: draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 01:56:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : I2RS Use Cases for Control of Forwarding Path by Central Control Network Element (CCNE)
        Authors         : Xiaofeng Ji
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Tieying Huang
                          Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   As networks expand bridging access, Data Center, and WAN, more
   networks have a central control point for the network elements in one
   administrative domain.  This document defines that network device as
   central control network element (CCNE).  The CCNE can be RR Router,
   PCE Server, or a federation of RR Router and PCE Server, or other
   devices.  This document describes use cases where the CCNE can
   utilize both these the traditional functions and the programmatic
   Interface to Routing System (I2RS) to communicate with devices in the
   network.  The I2RS use cases described in this document encompass:
   Control IP Network by RR Router, Control MPLS TE Network by PCE
   Server.

   The goal of this document is to increase the community's
   understanding of how CCNE extensions fit within the overall I2RS
   architecture.  It is intended to provide a basis for the solutions
   draft describing the set of interfaces for the CCNE device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ji-i2rs-usecases-ccne-service-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/