Subject: I-D Action: draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:14:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF Synchronization Group
        Authors         : Gang Yan
                          Yuanjiao Liu
                          Xudong Zhang
	Filename        : draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   OSPF is a fundamental component for a routing system.  It depends on
   the flooding mechanism to advertise and synchronize link-state
   database among distributed nodes in the network.  As modern networks
   become larger and more complex, lots of nodes and adjacencies are
   involved into it.  As a result, massive link-state information are
   generated and synchronized which is becoming an overhead of the
   network nowadays.

   This document proposes a new design of OSPF database synchronization
   which is slightly different from the one stated in OSPF.  This new
   design can help to alleviate the overhead by dividing OSPF routers
   into independent synchronization groups and forbidding
   synchronization across the group border.  Since less burden from
   synchronization, it is possible to accommodate more OSPF routers and
   adjacencies in the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yan-ospf-sync-group/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/