Subject: I-D Action: draft-sun-aponf-openv6-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 00:15:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use case of IPv6 transition in APONF
        Authors         : Chongfeng Xie
                          Qiong Sun
                          JF Tremblay
	Filename        : draft-sun-aponf-openv6-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-07-01

Abstract:
   The IPv6 transition has been an ongoing process throughout the world
   due to the exhaustion of the IPv4 address space.  However, this
   transition leads to costly end-to-end network upgrades and poses new
   challenges of managing a large number of devices with a variety of
   transitioning protocols.  While IPv6 transition tools exist, there
   are still new issues exist.  Operators may need various types of IPv6
   transition technologies depending on performance requirements,
   deployment scenarios, etc.

   To address these difficulties, a software defined unifying approach
   would provide a unified way to deploy IPv6 in a cost-effective,
   flexible manner.

   This document describes use cases of IPv6 transition (Openv6) and
   also requirements in APONF architecture.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sun-aponf-openv6-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sun-aponf-openv6-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/