Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-v6ops-flow-label-refelction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 07:39:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Flow Label Reflection Requirement
        Author          : Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-v6ops-flow-label-refelction-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   IPv6 Flow Label field in IPv6 packet header is designed to
   differentiate the various traffic flow session within network.
   Current related RFCs(RFC 6437 and RFC 6438 etc.)describe the IPv6
   Flow Label generation recommendation and usage in network traffic
   load balance. But all of these documents focus mainly how the packet
   source forms the value of this field and how the forwarder in-path
   treats it. None of the existing documents describes the relation
   between the flow label from source nodes and its corresponding value
   in return packet. This draft describes the requirements for flow
   label reflection between the upstream session and the corresponding
   downstream session, the benefit of this mirroring mechanism and its
   influence to the current proposed IPv6 flow label usage. This
   mechanism is unique to IPv6, and should be exploited to promote the
   deployment of IPv6 technology in more rapid pace.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-v6ops-flow-label-refelction/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-v6ops-flow-label-refelction-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/