Subject: I-D Action: draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 06:53:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ICN Management Considerations
        Authors         : Daniel Corujo
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Ivan Vidal
                          Jaime Garcia-Reinoso
                          Stefan Lederer
                          Spiros Spirou
                          Cedric Westphal
	Filename        : draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-07-01

Abstract:
   ICN has been proposing and evaluating novel ways for reaching on-line
   content in upcoming Future Internet environments, leveraging
   intrinsic capabilities such as naming, caching and built-in security.
   In order to fully realize the capabilities and vision provided by
   ICN, supportive management procedures need to be ensured, providing
   the architectures, and the elements that figure in them, with the
   means to facilitate the delivery of content and the operation of the
   network.  In the current Internet, these management aspects have been
   being developed and enhanced in parallel to the existing data
   protocol and mechanisms, resulting in a plethora of different and
   hard-to-integrate approaches, but still fulfil indispensable roles
   and actions for the operation and well-being of the network.  We
   consider that the availability of management mechanisms for ICN will
   foster deployment and, as such, should be tackled still in the design
   and experimentation phases.  In this way, this document addresses and
   identifies ICN management considerations, under two different
   settings: a) achieving management operations using ICN-based
   mechanisms and, b) how to manage ICN procedures themselves.  The
   ultimate goal is to provide the necessary breadth to establish
   management mechanisms deployment guidelines in a common way
   throughout the existing ICN ecosystem of architectures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-corujo-icn-mgmt-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/