Subject: I-D Action: draft-hong-core-coap-endpoint-unit-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:27:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Endpoint Unit Identification for Multiple Sensor and Actuator in a Node
        Authors         : Yong-Geun Hong
                          Younghwan Choi
                          DoHyeun Kim
                          Mohammad Sohail Khan
                          WENQUAN JIN
	Filename        : draft-hong-core-coap-endpoint-unit-id-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a protocol intended
   towards devices which are constrained in terms of memory, processing
   and power i.e. small low power sensors, switches and valves etc.  The
   CoAP allows such devices to interactively communicate over the
   Internet.  This document is motivated by the concept of a composite
   CoAP node, a single CoAP entity which integrates multiple CoAP
   resources (sensors, actuators) and the scheme to allow the
   identification of individual integrated resources while using the
   Unit ID as a new CoAP option.  The Unit ID option in the CoAP enables
   the usage of composite nodes consisting of multiple sensors and
   actuators while having a single IP address for communication.  The
   integrated resources can be individually or collectively communicated
   with and/or controlled using CoAP messages with additional options of
   UnitSize and UnitID.  The UnitSize is basically a numeric value
   indicating the number of sub-resources in a composite CoAP node while
   the UnitID option has the string identifiers for the sub-resource(s)
   for which the message is intended.  These options will enable the
   CoAP to communicate and control multiple resources by using single
   composite messages i.e.  UnitID = "*", efficiently utilize IP
   addresses i.e. one IP multiple IDs, reduce communication traffic and
   hence conserve power among the CoAP resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-core-coap-endpoint-unit-id/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hong-core-coap-endpoint-unit-id-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/