Subject: I-D Action: draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:07:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
        Authors         : Diego Dujovne
                          Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Nicola Accettura
	Filename        : draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling, a Layer-3 mechanism for 6TiSCH
   networks.  The purpose of OTF is to dynamically adapt the aggregate
   bandwidth, i.e., the number of reserved soft cells between neighbor
   nodes, based on the specific application constraints to be satisfied.
   When using OTF, softcell and bundle reservation is distributed:
   through the 6top interface, neighbor nodes negotiate the cell(s) to
   be (re)allocated/deleted, with no intervention needed of a
   centralized entity.  This document aims at defining a module which
   uses the functionalities provided by the 6top sublayer to (i) extract
   statistics and (ii) determine when to reserve/delete soft cells in
   the schedule.  The exact reservation and deletion algorithm, and the
   number and type of statistics to be used in the algorithm are out of
   scope.  OTF deals only with the number of softcells to be reserved/
   deleted; it is up to 6top to select the specific soft cells within
   the TSCH schedule.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/