Subject: I-D Action: draft-tremblay-aponf-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:29:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-based Policy for Network Functions Gap Analysis
        Authors         : JF Tremblay
                          Jun Bi
	Filename        : draft-tremblay-aponf-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   As operators struggle to optimize their network for different
   applications while maximizing network resources usage, there's
   growing business pressure to minimize operational tasks and the
   deployment time of new services.

   New automation paradigms are meant to help reach these goals,
   including the optimization of network functions through application
   control.  This control could be signaled directly by an application,
   through a proxy or orchestrated in a centralized manner.

   The current version of the Application-based Policy for Network
   Functions (APONF) proposed working group mentions the NSIS framework
   as a possible signaling protocol, through the definition of a new
   NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol (NSLP).  The present memo analyses if
   this proposition is suitable for the designed purpose and if other
   protocols would be more suitable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tremblay-aponf-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tremblay-aponf-gap-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/