Subject: I-D Action: draft-krishnan-nfvrg-open-nfv-virality-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:20:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Open NFV Architectural Framework for Virality Based Content Caching
        Authors         : Ram Krishnan
                          Dilip Krishnaswamy
                          Diego Lopez
                          Peter J. Willis
                          Asif Qamar
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-nfvrg-open-nfv-virality-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   One of the key goals of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is
   achieving energy efficiency through workload consolidation. A good
   example for maximizing energy savings is the Virtualization of
   Content Delivery Networks (vCDNs) NFV use case where the video
   streaming workloads exhibit significant difference between prime-
   time and non-prime-time usage of the infrastructure. This draft
   examines the practical challenges in maximizing energy efficiency
   for vCDN workloads. This draft proposes an open NFV architectural
   framework for conveying content virality information from Cloud
   applications such as YouTube, Twitter and mechanisms for leveraging
   it to maximize the energy efficiency for vCDN workloads.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-nfvrg-open-nfv-virality/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-nfvrg-open-nfv-virality-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/