Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-route-leak-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:16:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhancement to BGPSEC for Protection against Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
	Filename        : draft-sriram-route-leak-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   This document enumerates different types of route leaks based on
   observed events on the Internet.  It illustrates how BGPSEC in its
   current form (as described in draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-09)
   already provides protection against all but one of these route-leaks
   scenarios.  The document further discusses a design enhancement to
   the BGPSEC protocol that will extend protection against this one
   remaining type of route-leak attack as well.  With the inclusion of
   this enhancement, BGPSEC is expected to provide protection against
   all types of route-leaks.  The document also includes a stopgap
   method for detection and mitigation of route leaks for the phase when
   BGPSEC (path validation) is not yet deployed but only origin
   validation is deployed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-route-leak-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-route-leak-protection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/