Subject: I-D Action: draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:15:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A TCP Test to Allow Senders to Identify Receiver Non-Compliance
        Authors         : Toby Moncaster
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Arnaud Jacquet
	Filename        : draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   The TCP protocol relies on receivers sending accurate and timely
   feedback to the sender.  Currently the sender has no means to verify
   that a receiver is correctly sending this feedback according to the
   protocol.  A receiver that is non-compliant has the potential to
   disrupt a sender's resource allocation, increasing its transmission
   rate on that connection which in turn could adversely affect the
   network itself.  This document presents a two stage test process that
   can be used to identify whether a receiver is non-compliant.  The
   tests enshrine the principle that one shouldn't attribute to malice
   that which may be accidental.  The first stage test causes minimum
   impact to the receiver but raises a suspicion of non-compliance.  The
   second stage test can then be used to verify that the receiver is
   non-compliant.  This specification does not modify the core TCP
   protocol - the tests can either be implemented as a test suite or as
   a stand-alone test through a simple modification to the sender
   implementation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/