Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-why64-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:05:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Analysis of the 64-bit Boundary in IPv6 Addressing
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Tim Chown
                          Fernando Gont
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Alexandru Petrescu
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-why64-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-08-26

Abstract:
   The IPv6 unicast addressing format includes a separation between the
   prefix used to route packets to a subnet and the interface identifier
   used to specify a given interface connected to that subnet.
   Currently the interface identifier is defined as 64 bits long for
   almost every case, leaving 64 bits for the subnet prefix.  This
   document describes the advantages of this fixed boundary and analyses
   the issues that would be involved in treating it as a variable
   boundary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-why64/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-why64-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-why64-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/