Subject: I-D Action: draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:03:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg parameter
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Jan Holm
                          Roland Jesske
                          Martin Dolly
	Filename        : draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-08-21

Abstract:
   In 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) networks, the signalling
   path between a calling user and a called user can be partioned into
   segments, referred to as traffic legs.  Each traffic leg may span
   networks belonging to different operators, and will have its own
   characteristics that can be different from other traffic legs in the
   same call.  The directionality in traffic legs relates to a SIP
   request creating a dialogue and stand-alone SIP request.  A traffic
   leg might be associated with multiple SIP dialogs, e.g. in case a
   B2BUA which modifies the SIP dialog identifier is located within the
   traffic leg.

   This document defines a new SIP URI parameter, 'iotl', which can be
   used in a SIP URI to indicate that the entity associated with the
   address, or an entity responsible for the host part of the address,
   represents the end of a specific traffic leg (or multiple traffic
   legs).

   The 'iotl' parameter is defined in order to fulfil requirements from
   the 3GPP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/