Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmertmann-dice-ccm-psk-pfs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:25:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ECDHE-PSK AES-CCM Cipher Suites with Forward Secrecy for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
        Authors         : Lars Schmertmann
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-schmertmann-dice-ccm-psk-pfs-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-08-15

Abstract:
   RFC 6655 describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
   in the Counter with Cipher Block Chaining - Message Authentication
   Code (CBC-MAC) Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS) to provide confidentiality and
   data origin authentication.  The AES-CCM algorithm is amenable to
   compact implementations, making it suitable for constrained
   environments.  It has been chosen as one of the preferred cipher
   suites for use with DTLS in the Constrained Application Protocol,
   CoAP.

   The present document defines additional cipher suites that provide
   forward secrecy.  It also discusses an option to replace the Hash-
   based PRF in RFC 6655 by CMAC, reducing the number of cryptographic
   primitives required for implementation.  (The intention is that the
   option is either chosen or not chosen before this document is agreed,
   not that both options are defined.)

   This document is initially addressed at the DICE working group in
   order to build consensus that there is an actual gap to be filled and
   about the technical parameters of a solution for that gap.  Once this
   is agreed, the usual path for agreeing a cipher suite will need to be
   taken.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmertmann-dice-ccm-psk-pfs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmertmann-dice-ccm-psk-pfs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schmertmann-dice-ccm-psk-pfs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/