Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-scim-api-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:05:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the System for Cross-domain Identity Management Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : System for Cross-Domain Identity Management:Protocol
        Authors         : Phil Hunt
                          Kelly Grizzle
                          Morteza Ansari
                          Erik Wahlstroem
                          Technology Nexus
                          Chuck Mortimore
	Filename        : draft-ietf-scim-api-08.txt
	Pages           : 71
	Date            : 2014-08-01

Abstract:
   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
   is designed to make managing user identity in multi-domain based
   applications and services easier using HTTP Protocol.  Examples
   include but are not limited to enterprise to cloud service providers,
   and inter-cloud based scenarios.  The specification suite seeks to
   build upon experience with existing schemas and deployments, placing
   specific emphasis on simplicity of development and integration, while
   applying existing authentication, authorization, and privacy models.
   It's intent is to reduce the cost and complexity of user management
   operations by providing a common user schema and extension model, as
   well as binding documents to provide patterns for exchanging this
   schema using standard protocols.  In essence, make it fast, cheap,
   and easy to move users in to, out of, and around the cloud.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-scim-api/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-scim-api-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-scim-api-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/