Subject: I-D Action: draft-hellwig-nfsv4-rfc5663bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 03:12:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout
        Author          : Christoph Hellwig
	Filename        : draft-hellwig-nfsv4-rfc5663bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-08-16

Abstract:
   Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File Sharing version 4 (NFSv4) to
   allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by the
   NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access can
   increase both performance and parallelism, but requires additional
   client functionality for data access, some of which is dependent on
   the class of storage used.  The main pNFS operations document
   specifies storage-class-independent extensions to NFS; this document
   specifies the additional extensions (primarily data structures) for
   use of pNFS with block- and volume-based storage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellwig-nfsv4-rfc5663bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellwig-nfsv4-rfc5663bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/