Subject: I-D Action: draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 09:38:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TFTP Windowsize Option
        Author          : Patrick Masotta
	Filename        : draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-11.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-08-16

Abstract:
   The Trivial File Transfer Protocol (RFC1350) is a simple, lock-step,
   file transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file
   onto a remote host. One of its primary uses is in the early stages of
   nodes booting from a Local Area Network. TFTP has been used for this
   application because it is very simple to implement. The Employment of
   a lock-step scheme limits throughput when used on a LAN.

   This document describes a TFTP option which allows the client and
   server to negotiate a window size of consecutive blocks to send as an
   alternative for replacing the single block lock-step schema. The TFTP
   option mechanism employed is described in TFTP Option Extension
   (RFC2347).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/