Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:33:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
        Authors         : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2014-08-24

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a specialized web
   transfer protocol for constrained devices and constrained networks.
   It is anticipated that constrained devices will often naturally
   operate in groups (e.g., in a building automation scenario all lights
   in a given room may need to be switched on/off as a group).  This
   specification defines how the CoAP protocol should be used in a group
   communication context.  An approach for using CoAP on top of IP
   multicast is detailed based on both existing CoAP functionality as
   well as new features introduced in this specification.  Also, various
   use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to illustrate
   important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for deployment in
   various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/