Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 04:07:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Marking SIP Messages to be Logged
        Author          : Peter Dawes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-08-19

Abstract:
   SIP networks use signalling monitoring tools to diagnose user
   reported problems and for regression testing if network or user agent
   software is upgraded.  As networks grow and become interconnected,
   including connection via transit networks, it becomes impractical to
   predict the path that SIP signalling will take between user agents,
   and therefore impractical to monitor SIP signalling end-to-end.

   This document describes an indicator for the SIP protocol which can
   be used to mark signalling as of interest to logging.  Such marking
   will typically be applied as part of network testing controlled by
   the network operator and not used in regular user agent signalling.
   However, such marking can be carried end-to-end including the SIP
   user agents, even if a session originates and terminates in different
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/