Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:35:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout
        Authors         : Benny Halevy
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-07-31

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata and data for a file.  The metadata file access is
   handled via Network File System version 4 (NFSv4) minor version 1
   (NFSv4.1) and the data file access is specific to the protocol being
   used between the client and storage device.  The client is informed
   by the metadata server as to which protocol to use via a Layout Type.
   The Flexible File Layout Type is defined in this document as an
   extension to NFSv4.1 to allow the use of storage devices which need
   not be tightly coupled to the metadata server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/