Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 00:36:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DiffServ Applied to Real-time Transports Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Differentiated Services (DiffServ) and Real-time CommunicHtion
        Authors         : David Black
                          Paul Jones
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp-04.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2014-08-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the interaction between Differentiated
   Services (DiffServ) network quality of service (QoS) functionality
   and real-time network communication, including communication based on
   the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).  DiffServ is based on network
   nodes applying different forwarding treatments to packets whose IP
   headers are marked with different DiffServ Code Points (DSCPs).
   WebRTC applications, as well as some conferencing applications, have
   begun using the Session Description Protocol (SDP) bundle negotiation
   mechanism to send multiple traffic streams with different QoS
   requirments using the same network 5-tuple.  Use of different DSCPs
   to obtain different QoS treatments within a single network 5-tuple,
   the results (e.g., reordering) may cause transport protocol
   interactions, particularly with congestion control functionality.  In
   addition, DSCP markings may be changed or removed between the traffic
   source and destination.  This document covers the implications of
   these DiffServ aspects for real-time network communication, including
   WebRTC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/