Subject: I-D Action: draft-schmertmann-dice-codtls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:28:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoDTLS: DTLS handshakes over CoAP
        Authors         : Lars Schmertmann
                          Klaus Hartke
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-schmertmann-dice-codtls-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-08-15

Abstract:
   The Datagram Transport Layer Security protocol, DTLS, is usually
   transported over UDP.  In Constrained Node Networks, there may be
   considerable limitations on the packet delivery rates and on
   practically usable packet sizes.  Applications often can control the
   size and retransmission requirements of their data packets, but the
   DTLS handshake is out of scope for such application optimizations.

   This specification defines how to perform a DTLS handshake on top of
   the CoAP protocol.  The resulting DTLS connection may then be used
   for instance for transporting CoAP, or as a source of keying
   material.  The latter case is particularly interesting if the CoAP
   exchanges transporting the DTLS handshake messages traverse CoAP
   proxies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmertmann-dice-codtls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmertmann-dice-codtls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schmertmann-dice-codtls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/