Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 20:57:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Extension Headers in the Real World
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          J. Linkova
                          Tim Chown
                          Will (Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-08-07

Abstract:
   IPv6 Extension Headers allow for the extension of the IPv6 protocol,
   and provide support for some core functionality such as IPv6
   fragmentation.  However, IPv6 Extension Headers are deemed to present
   a challenge to IPv6 implementations and networks, and are known to be
   intentionally filtered in some existing IPv6 deployments.  This
   summarizes the issues associated with IPv6 extension headers, and
   presents real-world data regarding the extent to which packets with
   IPv6 extension headers are filtered in the public Internet, and where
   in the network such filtering occurs.  Additionally, it provides some
   guidance to operators in troubleshooting IPv6 blackholes resulting
   from the use of IPv6 extension headers.  Finally, this document
   provides some advice to protocol designers, and discusses areas where
   further work might be needed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-in-real-world-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/