Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:37:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Ingress Filtering: Defeating Attacks which employ Forged ICMP/ ICMPv6 Error Messages
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ray Hunter
                          Jeroen Massar
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-08-28

Abstract:
   Over the years, a number of attack vectors that employ forged ICMP/
   ICMPv6 error messages have been disclosed and exploited in the wild.
   The aforementioned attack vectors do not require that the source
   address of the packets be forged, but do require that the addresses
   of the IP/IPv6 packet embedded in the ICMP/ICMPv6 payload be forged.
   This document discusses a simple, effective, and straightforward
   method for using ingress traffic filtering to mitigate attacks that
   use forged addresses in the IP/IPv6 packet embedded in an ICMP/ICMPv6
   payload.  This advice is in line with the recommendations in BCP38.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/