Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:20:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ForCES Model Extension
        Author          : Evangelos Haleplidis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-08-21

Abstract:
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
   architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
   information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
   plane in a ForCES Network Element (ForCES NE).  RFC5812 has defined
   the ForCES Model that provides a formal way to represent the
   capabilities, state, and configuration of forwarding elements within
   the context of the ForCES protocol, so that control elements (CEs)
   can control the FEs accordingly.  More specifically, the model
   describes the logical functions that are present in a forwarding
   element (FE), what capabilities these functions support, and how
   these functions are or can be interconnected.

   RFC5812 has been around for two years and experience in its use has
   shown room for small extensions without a need to alter the protocol
   while retaining backward compatibility with older xml libraries.
   This document updates RFC5812 and extends the model to allow complex
   datatypes for metadata, optional default values for datatypes,
   optional access types for structures and fixes an issue with Logical
   Functional Block (LFB) inheritance.  The document also introduces two
   new features a new event condition BecomesEqualTo and LFB properties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-model-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/