Subject: I-D Action: draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:29:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperating Layered Architecture for SDN
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Diego R. Lopez
	Filename        : draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-08-11

Abstract:
   The Software Defined Networking paradigm proposes the separation of
   the control plane from the data plane in the network nodes and its
   logical centralization on a control entity.  All the network
   intelligence is moved to this central entity.  Typically, such
   central entity is seen as a compendium of interacting control
   functions in a vertical, tight integrated fashion.  The relocation of
   the control functions from a number of distributed network nodes to a
   logical central entity conceptually places together a number of
   control capabilities with different purposes.  As a consequence, the
   existing solutions do not provide a clear separation between services
   and transport control.

   This document describes a new proposal named Cooperating Layered
   Architecture for SDN.  The idea behind that is to differentiate the
   control functions associated to transport from those related to
   services, in such a way that they can be provided and maintained
   independently, and can follow their own evolutionary way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-contreras-sdnrg-layered-sdn-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/