Subject: I-D Action: draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 08:07:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Power consumption due to IPv6 multicast on WiFi devices
        Author          : Yoann Desmouceaux
	Filename        : draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-08-01

Abstract:
   IPv6 networks make a consequent use of multicast for several
   purposes, including mandatory functions such as Neighbor Discovery.
   Although this use of multicast does not create real difficulties on
   wired networks, it can become painful on wireless ones, notably in
   terms of power consumption.  There might be little effect on home
   networks, however, such effects become more important on large-scale
   networks.  This memo provides statistics about the multicast traffic
   rate in a large IPv6 wireless network and the induced device power
   consumption, in response to a call emitted at IETF 89.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/