Subject: I-D Action: draft-malis-ccamp-fast-lsps-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 06:16:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for Very Fast Setup of GMPLS LSPs
        Authors         : Andrew G. Malis
                          Ronald A. Skoog
                          Haim Kobrinski
                          George Clapp
                          Vishnu Shukla
	Filename        : draft-malis-ccamp-fast-lsps-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-08-11

Abstract:
   The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Core Optical
   Networks (CORONET) program has laid out a vision for the next
   evolution of IP and optical commercial and government networks, with
   a focus on highly dynamic and resilient multi-terabit core networks.
   It anticipates the need for rapid (sub-second) setup and SONET/SDH-
   like restoration times for high-churn (up to tens of requests per
   second network-wide and one second to one minute holding times) on-
   demand wavelength, sub-wavelength and packet services for a variety
   of applications (e.g., grid computing, cloud computing, data
   visualization, fast data transfer, etc.).  This must be done while
   meeting stringent call blocking requirements, and while minimizing
   the use of resources such as time slots, switch ports, wavelength
   conversion and wavelength-km.

   This document discusses the requirements for extensions to
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling for
   expediting the control of Label Switched Paths (LSPs), including sub-
   wavelengths (e.g., OTN ODUs) and full wavelengths, in order to
   satisfy application requirements laid out in this program.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-malis-ccamp-fast-lsps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-malis-ccamp-fast-lsps-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-malis-ccamp-fast-lsps-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/