Subject: I-D Action: draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 03:06:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ADD-PATH for Route Servers
        Authors         : Pierre Francois
                          Camilo Cardona
                          Adam Simpson
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-08-12

Abstract:
   BGP speakers at Internet Exchange Points typically exchange routes
   with a large number of peers.  To reduce the burden of maintaining
   many sessions, IXPs implement and administrate BGP route servers.
   Route servers announce to their clients the paths of multiple peers
   by using a single eBGP session.  Route servers, however, are
   restricted to propagating a single path per NLRI per eBGP session.
   This constraint affects the diversity of paths received by clients.
   To overcome this limitation, we propose the extension of ADD-PATH to
   eBGP peers.  ADD-PATH allows a BGP speaker to send multiple paths for
   the same NLRI, typically through different nexthops, over a single
   session with a peer.  By supporting ADD-PATH, a route server hence
   allows a client to potentially select among all the available paths
   for that NLRI, instead of the one arbitrarily chosen by the Route
   Server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-francois-idr-rs-addpaths-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/