Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 01:22:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A TCP and TLS Transport for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Simon Lemay
                          Valik Solorzano Barboza
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-09-04

Abstract:
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) has been designed with TCP as
   an underlying transport protocol.  The Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP), which has been inspired by HTTP, has on the other
   hand been defined to make use of UDP.  Reliable delivery, a simple
   congestion control mechanism, and flow control had been added to the
   CoAP protocol.  UDP is a good choice for networks that do not perform
   any form of filtering and firewalling.  There are, however, many
   deployment environments where UDP is either firewalled or subject to
   deep packet inspection.  These environments make the use of CoAP
   brittle.

   This document defines the use of CoAP over TCP as well as CoAP over
   TLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/