Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 04:12:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization Security Architecture
        Author          : Danilo Valeros Bernardo
	Filename        : draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-09-12

Abstract:
Software Defined Network (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
have been creating paradigm shifts across major service providers, governments,
and industries. 
In recent years, these two novel frameworks created jitters and excitements across
major academic institutions and communities of practice. While these are considered disruptive
to major network infrastructures operating on status quo, SDN and NFV nonetheless bring
network resiliency, scalability, manageability, and, most importantly, lower long-term operational
expenditures when implemented properly.

They create opportunities for  innovation that engage key players from networks,
security, and software to develop new controllers, APIs, networks, and technologies. However,
new innovations come with associated risks and security issues.

This document aims to propose a formal security architecture that overarches
important aspects of SDN and NFV 's frameworks. This architecture, which is considered first to be proposed
thru this draft, can be elaborated and modified as the frameworks mature over
time. 

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/