Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 04:28:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Prefix and Address Assignment in a Home Network
        Authors         : Pierre Pfister
                          Benjamin Paterson
                          Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-00.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-09-19

Abstract:
   This memo describes a home network prefix and address assignment
   algorithm running on top of any 'flooding protocol' that fulfills the
   specified requirements.  It is expected that home border routers are
   allocated one or multiple IPv6 prefixes through DHCPv6 Prefix
   Delegation (PD) or that prefixes are made available through other
   means.  An IPv4 address can also be assigned and private addresses be
   used with NAT to provide IPv4 connectivity.  In both cases, provided
   prefixes need to be efficiently divided among the multiple links, and
   routers need to obtain addresses.  This document describes a
   distributed algorithm for IPv4 and IPv6 prefixes division, assignment
   and router's address assignment, and specifies how hosts can be given
   addresses and configuration options using DHCP or SLAAC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/