Subject: I-D Action: draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:27:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Ethernet LDP( Label Distribution with out IP and routing protocols)
        Author          : Sudhin Jacob
	Filename        : draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-09-16

Abstract:
MPLS is the heart and soul of the service provider network. MPLS
can carry anydata payload which gives the flexibility to the service
provider to provision new service with any expense.The benefit of this
technology is core router need not understand  the full customer route.
If the service a layer 2 then thereis no need of vrf, for customer the
service provider cloud is like a virtual switch.The protocol used for
label distribution is LDP, BGP,RSVP. The most popular protocol for
outer label distribution is LDP. LDP has the benefit of  adding more TLV to
its payload. In this the possibility of using ldp for generating labels
for mac address rather for ip address which gives  the benefit to service
provider not to run complex routing protocol on core, this does not require
ip address. This gives service provider the flexibility to deploy any services,
there is no need for changes in network layer when the customer goes for
ipv4 to ipv6. This can reduce the CAPEX and OPEX of the customer and reduces
the hardware cost too.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jacob-mpls-ethldp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/