Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:26:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Common Interval Support in Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
        Authors         : Nobo Akiya
                          Marc Binderberger
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-09-02

Abstract:
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) requires that messages are
   transmitted at regular intervals and provides a way to negotiate the
   interval used by BFD peers.  Some BFD implementations may be
   restricted to only support several interval values.  When such BFD
   implementations speak to each other, there is a possibility of two
   sides not being able to find a common value for the interval to run
   BFD sessions.

   This document defines a small set of interval values for BFD that we
   call "Common Intervals", and recommends implementations to support
   the defined intervals.  This solves the problem of finding an
   interval value that both BFD speakers can support while allowing a
   simplified implementation as seen for hardware-based BFD.  It does
   not restrict an implementation from supporting more intervals in
   addition to the Common Intervals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfd-intervals-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/