Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:31:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization Security Architecture
        Author          : Danilo Valeros Bernardo
	Filename        : draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-09-19

Abstract:
SDN and NFV have been creating paradigm shifts across major service providers,
governments, and industries. In most recent months, these two novel frameworks created jitters
and excitements across major academic institutions and communities of practice. While these
are considered disruptive to major network infrastructures operating on status quo, SDN and
NFV nonetheless bring network resiliency, scalability, manageability, and, most
importantly, lower long-term operational expenditures.

They create opportunities for  innovation that engage key players from networks,
security, and software to develop new software controllers, APIs, networks, and technologies.

This document aims to propose a formal security architecture that overarches important
aspects of SDN and NFV 's frameworks.

The architecture can be elaborated and modified as these two frameworks mature over
time. 

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardo-sec-arch-sdnnvf-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/