Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:09:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPPM Considerations for the IPv6 PDM Destination Option
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Robert Hamilton
                          Michael S. Ackermann
	Filename        : draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-09-08

Abstract:
   To measure performance and to diagnose performance and connectivity
   problems, metrics embedded in each packet are critical for timely and
   accurate problem resolution. Such diagnostics may be interpreted in
   real-time or after the fact. The base metrics are: packet sequence
   number and packet timing.  An implementation of the existing IPv6
   Destination Options extension header, the Performance and Diagnostic
   Metrics (PDM) Destination Options extension header has been proposed.
    This document specifies the metrics, field limits, calculation, and
   usage of the PDM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-option/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/