Subject: I-D Action: draft-umair-trill-discreet-vlanx-af-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:58:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : discreet VLAN-X AF
        Author          : Mohammed Umair
	Filename        : draft-umair-trill-discreet-vlanx-af-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-09-20

Abstract:
   According to RFC 7176, DRB on a link uses the Appointed Forwarders
   sub-TLV to inform other ISs on the link that they are the designated
   VLAN-x forwarder for one or more ranges of VLAN IDs. Appointed
   Forwarders sub-tlv has Appointed Information field which carries
   information about Appointee Nickname, Start.VLAN and End.VLAN. Both
   Start.VLAN and VLAN.end to the same value indicates a range of one
   VLAN ID, if they are different then the Appointed RBridge is AF for
   that range of VLAN ID's. If end-station's VLAN's are configured in
   discontiguous/discreet [1,3,5,7 etc] way then DRB has to send
   Appointed Information equal to number of Discreet VLAN's Appointed
   for a particular RBridge. The problem will worsen if huge number of
   endstation VLAN's are discreet. This paper is an attempt to handle
   such scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-umair-trill-discreet-vlanx-af/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-umair-trill-discreet-vlanx-af-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/