Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:50:43 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : TFTP Windowsize Option
    Author(s)     : P. Masotta
    Filename      : draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt
    Pages         : 10 
    Date          : 2014-09-26 
    
   The Trivial File Transfer Protocol (RFC1350) is a simple, lock-step,
   file transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file
   onto a remote host. One of its primary uses is in the early stages of
   nodes booting from a Local Area Network. TFTP has been used for this
   application because it is very simple to implement. The Employment of
   a lock-step scheme limits throughput when used on a LAN.

   This document describes a TFTP option which allows the client and
   server to negotiate a window size of consecutive blocks to send as an
   alternative for replacing the single block lock-step schema. The TFTP
   option mechanism employed is described in TFTP Option Extension
   (RFC2347).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.