Subject: I-D Action: draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 05:40:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for Peer Mounting of YANG subtrees from Remote Datastores
        Authors         : Eric Voit
                          Alex Clemm
                          Shashi Kumar Bansal
                          Ambika Tripathy
                          Prabhakara Yellai
	Filename        : draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-09-25

Abstract:
   Network integrated applications want simple ways to access YANG
   objects and subtrees which might be distributed across network.
   Performance requirements may dictate that it is unaffordable for a
   subset of these applications to go through existing centralized
   management brokers.  For such applications, development complexity
   must be minimized.  Specific aspects of complexity developers want to
   ignore include:

   o  whether authoritative information is actually sourced from remote
      datastores (as well as how to get to those datastores),

   o  whether such information has been locally cached or not,

   o  whether there are zero, one, or more controllers asserting
      ownership of information, and

   o  whether there are interactions with other applications
      concurrently running elsewhere

   The solution requirements described in this document detail what is
   needed to support application access to authoritative network YANG
   objects from controllers (star) or peering network devices (mesh) in
   such a way to meet these goals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/