Subject: I-D Action: draft-pan-aqm-pie-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:11:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIE: A Lightweight Control Scheme To Address the Bufferbloat Problem
        Author          : Rong Pan
	Filename        : draft-pan-aqm-pie-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-09-17

Abstract:
   Bufferbloat is a phenomenon where excess buffers in the network cause
   high latency and jitter. As more and more interactive applications
   (e.g. voice over IP, real time video streaming and financial
   transactions) run in the Internet, high latency and jitter degrade
   application performance. There is a pressing need to design
   intelligent queue management schemes that can control latency and
   jitter; and hence provide desirable quality of service to users.

   We present here a lightweight design, PIE(Proportional Integral
   controller Enhanced) that can effectively control the average
   queueing latency to a target value. Simulation results, theoretical
   analysis and Linux testbed results have shown that PIE can ensure low
   latency and achieve high link utilization under various congestion
   situations. The design does not require per-packet timestamp, so it
   incurs very small overhead and is simple enough to implement in both
   hardware and software.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pan-aqm-pie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-aqm-pie-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pan-aqm-pie-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/