Subject: I-D Action: draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:00:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scalable Domain-based Routing Scheme
        Authors         : Joo-Chul Lee
                          Wan-Seon Lim
                          Woo-Jik Chun
	Filename        : draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-09-16

Abstract:
   Moving the focus from nodes to information objects raises scalability
   issues because the number of addressable information objects is huge
   compared to the number of nodes, so scalable routing is an important
   challenge issue of ICN. There are two types of naming scheme which
   have been proposed in the ICN literatures: hierarchical and flat. To
   guarantee clean separation of identifier from locator and scalability
   of routing, we chose flat name and designed domain-based routing. A
   significant requisite to be considered when flat name is used is an
   efficient name-resolution system (NRS). Bloomfilter-based NRS [BF
   NRS] is our proposal to this issue. Once a name is resolved into
   locator(s), discovery and delivery steps are carried out based on the
   routing scheme of locator. For scalability in routing of locator,
   network is projected into hierarchically-organized domain structure.
   A domain is a group of nodes or other domains. This composition could
   be physical or logical. Each domain has its own identifier, and the
   concatenation of domain IDs from top level domain to a certain domain
   which a node belongs to plays the role of "locator" for that node.
   Each domain has one or more domain gateways. All traffic from/to the
   domain should pass through any of domain gateways. Routing
   information based on this type of locators is exchanged among domain
   gateways by using modified link-state routing protocol which can
   suppress LSA explosion [LSR]. Thanks to this hierarchical domain
   structure, locators are highly aggregatable (which means scalable
   routing), and any node in heterogeneous network can communicate each
   other.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lee-icnrg-domainbasedrouting-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/