Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:40:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Shared Unified Policy Automation (SUPA) Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Jun Bi
                          Guang Yao
	Filename        : draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-09-25

Abstract:
   As operators struggle to optimize their network for different
   applications while maximizing network resources usage, there's
   growing business pressure to minimize operational tasks and the
   deployment time of new services.

   New automation paradigms are meant to help reach these goals,
   including the optimization of network functions through application
   control. This control could be signaled directly by an application,
   through a proxy or orchestrated in a centralized manner.

   The current version of the Shared Unified Policy Automation (SUPA)
   group charter identifies two fields where standardization would be
   desirable for operators: the definition of a generic model for the
   description of network topologies at any layer and with any degree
   of granularity, and the definition of a standardized model for
   applications to push policies toward a central network controller.
   The first of these topics, the topology modeling, is meant to
   support the definition and application of the second. The present
   memo analyses the current state of the art of the industries
   regarding these two topics and discusses whether an IETF
   standardization is desirable and for which reasons.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/