Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-v6ops-multicast-virtual-nodes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:37:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Effect of Multicast on Virtual Nodes in the Same Subnet
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
	Filename        : draft-elkins-v6ops-multicast-virtual-nodes-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-09-18

Abstract:
   When network administrators in an end-user enterprise create subnets
   for Virtual Machines (VMs) in IPv6, they are not considering what
   will happen with IPv6 multicast.  We will describe how one node can
   impact its neighbors.  For example, multicast Ping Denial of Service
   (DoS) attacks and other mischief can easily be done.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-v6ops-multicast-virtual-nodes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-v6ops-multicast-virtual-nodes-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/