Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:07:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC Header Mapping for Legacy SF
        Authors         : Haibin Song
                          Jianjie You
                          Lucy Yong
                          Yuanlong Jiang
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Nicolas Bouthors
	Filename        : draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-09-29

Abstract:
   A Service Function Chain (SFC) defines a set of abstract service
   functions and ordering constraints that must be applied to packets
   and/or frames selected as a result of classification.  One assumption
   of this document is that legacy service function can participate in
   the service function chain, but they are not aware of the SFC header,
   nor interpret it.  This document provides a mechanism between an SFC
   proxy and an SFC-unaware Service Function (i.e. legacy SF), to
   identify the SFC header associated with a packet that is returned
   from a legacy SF, without SFC header being explicitly carried in the
   wired protocol between SFC Proxy and legacy SF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/