Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2rs-bnp-info-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 20:26:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Information Model for Basic Network Policy
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2rs-bnp-info-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-09-26

Abstract:
   This document contains three information Models: Basic Network Policy
   (BNP IM).  ACLs do not provide all the policy support required by
   BGP, Policy Based Routing (PBR), SFC Topology Information Model (SF-
   Topo IM), Service Forwarding Chaing IM (SFC IM), and and flow
   specification filtering.  The BNP IM has the following top-down
   levels of Policy Hierarchy: Policy Set, Policy Group, Policy Rule,
   and conditional actions within the policy rule (conditional match and
   Actions).  These can be used in PBR-RIB or BGP to provide an ordered
   set of policy rules grouped with a Policy Group via operators (AND,
   OR, etc.) and ordered by a combination of priority and precedence.
   The Policy is an ordered set of Policy Groups.

   The BNP IM is based on the concept of an extensible information model
   for representing policies.  This concept is also found in the Policy
   Core Information Model (PCIM) (RFC3060) and the Quality of Service
   (QoS) Policy Information Model (QPIM)(RFC3644) and policy based
   routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-bnp-info-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2rs-bnp-info-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/