Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:46:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Confidentiality in the Face of Pervasive Surveillance: A Threat Model and Problem Statement
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Bruce Schneier
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Ted Hardie
                          Brian Trammell
                          Christian Huitema
                          Daniel Borkmann
	Filename        : draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-09-14

Abstract:
   Documents published in 2013 have revealed several classes of
   "pervasive" attack on Internet communications.  In this document we
   develop a threat model that describes these pervasive attacks.  We
   start by assuming a completely passive adversary with an interest in
   indiscriminate eavesdropping that can observe network traffic, then
   expand the threat model with a set of verified attacks that have been
   published.  Based on this threat model, we discuss the techniques
   that can be employed in Internet protocol design to increase the
   protocols robustness to pervasive attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-privsec-confidentiality-threat-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/