Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:17:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Support for Mapping of Address and Port Protocol and Light Weight 4over6
        Authors         : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Hui Ji
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-09-29

Abstract:
   This memo specifies multicast component for MAP-E and Light Weight
   4over6 so that IPv4 hosts can receive multicast data from IPv4
   servers over an IPv6 network.  Two types of solutions are developed,
   encapsulation and translation.  In the encapsulation solution for
   MAP-E and lw4o6, IGMP Proxy at the MAP-E Customer Edge router/lwB4
   uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel to exchange IGMP messages to establish
   multicast state at MAP-E Border Relay/lwAFTR so that MAP-E Border
   Relay/lwAFTR can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts.  In the
   Translation Multicast solution for MAP-T, 4rd and lw4o6, IGMP
   messages are translated into MLD messages and sent to the network in
   IPv6.  MAP-T/4rd Border Relay/lwAFTR does the reverse translation and
   joins IPv4 multicast group for the hosts.  Border Relay/lwAFTR as
   multicast router receives IPv4 multicast data and translates the
   packet into IPv6 multicast data and sends downstream on the multicast
   tree.  Member CEs/lwB4s receive multicast data, translate it back to
   IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/