Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 01:55:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Prefix Length Recommendation for Forwarding
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Alexandru Petrescu
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco-02.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-09-24

Abstract:
   The length of IP prefixes is an information used by forwarding and
   routing processes is policy-based.  As such, no maximum length must
   be assumed by design.

   Discussions on the 64-bit boundary in IPv6 addressing revealed a need
   for a clear recommendation on which bits must be used by forwarding
   decision-making processes.  This document sketches a recommendation
   to be followed by forwarding and routing designs with regards to the
   prefix length.  The aim is to avoid hard-coded routing and forwarding
   designs that exclude some IP prefix lengths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boucadair-6man-prefix-routing-reco-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/