Subject: I-D Action: draft-seite-dmm-rg-multihoming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:39:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multihoming support for Residential Gateways
        Authors         : Pierrick Seite
                          Alper Yegin
                          Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-seite-dmm-rg-multihoming-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The Quality-of-Experience of a fixed-network user can be
   significantly improved by enabling the Residential Gateway (RG)
   providing IP connectivity services to connect to the internet through
   multiple access networks (Example: LTE and DSL) and use all the
   available network bandwidth for the user traffic.  This approach
   enables a service provider to leverage all the availble access
   networks and to offer guaranteed Quality-of-Service to the end-user
   on any application basis.  Furthermore, the mobility functions in the
   residential gateway and in the service provider network will be able
   to monitor the performance of all the access paths and dynamically
   change the routing path for an application.  This document
   investigates the use of IP mobility protocols for supporting this
   use-case and it also identifies the needed protocol extensions.
   However, those extensions will be specified in a companion document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seite-dmm-rg-multihoming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seite-dmm-rg-multihoming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/