Subject: I-D Action: draft-khs-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:57:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IETF ForCES Logical Function Block (LFB) Subsidiary Management
        Authors         : Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Evangelos Haleplidis
                          Jamal Hadi Salim
	Filename        : draft-khs-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   Deployment experience has demonstrated the value of using the
   Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) protocol to
   control the Forwarding Element Manager (FEM) by creating a Logical
   Functional Block (LFB) to represent its functionality, the FE
   Configuration (FEC) LFB . A Control Element (CE) that controls a
   Forwarding Element's (FE) resources can also manage its configuration
   via the FEC LFB.  On a running FE, the CE may update the FE's runtime
   configuration via an FEC LFB e.g., by adding a new CE and its
   associated IP address).  Additionally, in the case where we have a
   resource pool of FEs, the FEC may be used to initiate an FE into the
   Network Element cluster.  This document introduces the FEC LFB, an
   LFB that specifies the configuration parameters of an FE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khs-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khs-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khs-forces-lfb-subsidiary-management-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/