Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:20:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IODEF Enumeration Reference Format
        Authors         : Adam W. Montville
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-09.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) is an XML
   data representation framework for sharing information about computer
   security incidents.  In IODEF, the Reference class provides
   references to externally specified information such as a
   vulnerability, IDS alert, malware sample, advisory, or attack
   technique.  In practice, these references are based on external
   enumeration specifications that define both the enumeration format
   and the specific enumeration values, but the IODEF Reference class
   (as specified in RFC 5070) does not indicate how to include both of
   these important pieces of information.

   This memo provides an extension to RFC 5070 to include both the
   external specification and specific enumeration value in the IODEF
   Reference class.  This memo also establishes an IANA registry to
   manage external enumeration specifications for use by IODEF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/