Subject: I-D Action: draft-pfister-homenet-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:12:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast enabled Home Network using PIM-SSBIDIR and HNCP
        Author          : Pierre Pfister
	Filename        : draft-pfister-homenet-multicast-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document specifies a possible solution enabling multicast
   routing in a home network.  It relies on the Source-Specific
   Bidirectional variant of the Protocol Independent Multicast routing
   protocol (PIM-SSBIDIR).  HNCP is used to elect the Rendezvous Point
   address and a Proxy Controller connected to the Rendezvous Point
   Link.  Additionally, PIM-SSBIDIR routers behavior is slightly
   modified on the Rendezvous Point Link so that the Proxy Controller
   may know the home-wide subscription state.  Note that this document
   defines one single working solution to the stated problem: Inputs
   regarding other possibilities are welcome.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pfister-homenet-multicast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pfister-homenet-multicast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/