Subject: I-D Action: draft-briscoe-tcpm-echo-cookie-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:07:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Echo Cookie TCP Option
        Author          : Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-tcpm-echo-cookie-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TCP Option called EchoCookie.  It provides
   a single field that a TCP server can use to store opaque cookie data
   'in flight' rather than in memory.  As new TCP options are defined,
   they can require that implementations support the EchoCookie option.
   Then if a server's SYN queue is under pressure from a SYN flooding
   attack, it can ask clients to echo its connection state in their
   acknowledgement.  This facility is similar to the classic SYN Cookie,
   but it provides enough space for connection state associated with TCP
   options.  In contrast, the classic location for a SYN Cookie only
   provides enough space for a degraded encoding of the Maximum Segment
   Size (MSS) TCP option and no others.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-tcpm-echo-cookie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-tcpm-echo-cookie-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/