Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 11:47:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-12.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2014-10-09

Abstract:
   This specification defines a new SDP Grouping Framework extension,
   'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used with the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single 5-tuple for sending and receiving media associated with
   multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=").  This is referred to as
   bundled media.

   Both endpoints can negotiate the use of bundle and to support that
   negotiations, this specification defines a new SDP attribute,
   'bundle-only', which can be used to request that specific media is
   only used if bundled.  This specification also updates sections 5.1,
   8.1 and 8.2 of RFC 3264 to allows an answerer to assign a non-zero
   port value to an "m=" line in an SDP answer, even if the "m=" line in
   the associated SDP offer contained a zero port value.

   There are multiple ways to correlate the bundled RTP packets with the
   appropriate media descriptions.  This specification defines a new RTP
   SDES item and a new RTP header extension that provides an additional
   way to do this correlation by using them to carry a value that
   associates the RTP/RTCP packets with a specific media description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/