Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-guidance-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 00:29:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6/SLAAC Interaction Operational Guidance
        Authors         : Bing Liu
                          Ron Bonica
                          Tianle Yang
	Filename        : draft-liu-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-guidance-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) Protocol [RFC4861] specifies an
   ICMPv6 Router Advertisement (RA) message.  The RA message contains
   three flags that indicate which address autoconfiguration mechanisms
   are available to on-link hosts.  These are the M, O and A flags.  The
   M, O and A flags are all advisory, not prescriptive.

   In [I-D.ietf-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-problem], test results show that in
   several cases the M, O and A flags elicit divergent host behaviors,
   which might cause some operational problems.  This document aims to
   provide some operational guidance to eliminate the impact caused by
   divergent host behaviors as much as possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-guidance/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-guidance-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-v6ops-dhcpv6-slaac-guidance-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/