Subject: I-D Action: draft-pskim-mif-capacity-nemo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 07:31:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Measuring Available Capacity for Mobile Networks with Multiple Wireless Interfaces
        Author          : Pyungsoo Kim
	Filename        : draft-pskim-mif-capacity-nemo-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-18

Abstract:
   This draft proposes an estimation scheme of available capacity for
   network mobility (NEMO) with the multi-interfaced mobile router
   (MMR). In the proposed scheme, mobile nodes (MNs) can get
   information on available capacity irrespective of the presence or
   absence of estimation functionality. Since the MMR with
   heterogeneous wireless network interfaces estimates available
   capacity on behalf of the MNs inside the mobile network, the
   proposed scheme does not require MNs to be involved in estimating
   available capacity. A new algorithm for available capacity
   estimation on MMR is developed to improve the estimation accuracy
   compared with the existing scheme. The developed algorithm defines
   three cases of the difference between the average output gap and the
   input gap, and then reflects fully them, which can reduce the
   detection error for the turning point and thus provide more accurate
   estimation than the existing algorithm. Then, MNs can get
   information on estimated available capacity from the MMR using L3
   messages. Therefore, the proposed scheme can reduce burden and power
   consumption of MNs with limited resource and battery power since MNs
   do not estimates directly available capacity. In addition, the
   proposed scheme can reduce considerably traffic overhead over
   wireless links on multiple estimation paths since signaling messages
   and injected testing traffic are reduced.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pskim-mif-capacity-nemo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pskim-mif-capacity-nemo-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/