Subject: I-D Action: draft-smirnov-ospf-dive-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 04:15:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF for large-scale networks with regular topologies
        Author          : Anton Smirnov
	Filename        : draft-smirnov-ospf-dive-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-10-15

Abstract:
   Many popular topologies for large-scale networks have highly regular
   structure with distinctive design pattern.  Examples of such
   topologies include hub-and-spoke (also known as "star") common in
   enterprise WAN networks, fat-tree and Clos topologies common in
   datacenters.  For number of reasons in such large-scale networks
   distance-vector protocols perform better than OSPF.  On the other
   hand network backbones have no highly regular topology pattern and
   there OSPF outperforms distance-vector protocols.  As a result large-
   scale networks frequently employ different routing protocols in
   different regions of the network, complicating network operations.

   This document proposes OSPF extensions to improve scalability of
   routing for large-scale networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smirnov-ospf-dive/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smirnov-ospf-dive-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/