Subject: I-D Action: draft-sarikaya-nvo3-proxy-vxlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:42:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network over IEEE 802.1Qbg
        Authors         : Behcet Sarikaya
                          Frank Xia
	Filename        : draft-sarikaya-nvo3-proxy-vxlan-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-23

Abstract:
   In data centers there is interest in offloading network functions to
   the switches in order to keep the server focused on computation not
   networking.  IEEE 802.1Qbg or Virtual Ethernet Port Aggregator (VEPA)
   at the hypervisor simply forces each frame sent out to the external
   switch regardless of destination.  In this case, the eXtensible Local
   Area Network operation or proxying at a higher level switch is
   needed.  Communication functions of the eXtensible Local Area Network
   are moved above to the Top of Rack switches which is called Proxy
   VXLAN.  Proxy VXLAN is a Network Virtualization Edge that does VXLAN
   encapsulation/decapsulation.  Proxy VXLAN also takes part in virtual
   machine creation, virtual machine operation and virtual machine
   mobility.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-proxy-vxlan/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-nvo3-proxy-vxlan-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/