Subject: I-D Action: draft-dolganow-l3vpn-mvpn-expl-track-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:01:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Explicit tracking in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs
        Authors         : Andrew Dolganow
                          Jayant Kotalwar
	Filename        : draft-dolganow-l3vpn-mvpn-expl-track-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-10-16

Abstract:
   RFC 6513 and RFC 6514 define encoding and procedures for multicast
   MPLS/BGP IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). As defined in these
   RFCs, in some cases when BGP is used to exchange C-multicast routes,
   a need may exist to explicitly track PEs joining the same C-
   multicast-tree. The RFCs define encoding and procedures for explicit
   tracking using "PMSI Tunnel attribute" and "Leaf A-D route"; however,
   the procedures are missing details and clarity.

   RFC 6625 defines encodings and procedures for wildcards in multicast
   MPLS/BGP IP VPNs. The RFC does not cover explicit tracking for
   wildcard multicast streams.

   This documents updates RFC 6514 and 6625 with procedures required to
   achieve explicit PE tracking for (C-S, C-G) and wildcard multicast
   streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dolganow-l3vpn-mvpn-expl-track/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dolganow-l3vpn-mvpn-expl-track-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/