Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:31:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Issues and Recommendations with Multiple Stateful DHCPv6 Options
        Authors         : Ole Troan
                          Bernie Volz
                          Marcin Siodelski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-10-22

Abstract:
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) was not written
   with the expectation that additional stateful DHCPv6 options would be
   developed.  IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP) version 6 shoe-horned the new options for Prefix
   Delegation into DHCPv6.  Implementation experience of the CPE model
   described in RFC 7084 has shown multiple issues with the DHCPv6
   protocol in supporting multiple stateful options.  This document
   updates RFC 3315 and RFC 3633 to address the identified issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/