Subject: I-D Action: draft-dubrovsky-ospf-non-compatible-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:48:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to OSPF facilitating the deployment of non-backward- compatible changes.
        Authors         : Mike Dubrovsky
                          Rashmi Shrivastava
                          Dean Cheng
	Filename        : draft-dubrovsky-ospf-non-compatible-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies a generic mechanism that facilitates the
   deployment of non-backward-compatible changes in OSPF protocol.  This
   mechanism allows the OSPF routers to advertise the capability of non-
   backward-compatible functionality and to make the functionality
   operational only when supported by all participating routers.
   Depending on the functionality scope, capability advertisements must
   be propagated across a link, area or autonomous system (AS).  For
   link and area scope functionality, Router Information Link State
   Advertisement (LSA) is utilized to propagate the capability
   information.  For the cases when compatibility must be maintained
   across the whole OSPF autonomous system, new Area Information (AI)
   LSA is introduced.  The AI LSA is a TLV-based analog of Indication-
   LSA that is used for demand circuit functionality and described in
   RFC1793.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dubrovsky-ospf-non-compatible/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dubrovsky-ospf-non-compatible-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dubrovsky-ospf-non-compatible-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/