Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 19:44:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using HTTPS for Privacy Between DNS Stub and Recursive Resolvers
        Author          : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-10-22

Abstract:
   DNS queries and responses can contain information that reveals
   important information about the person who caused the queries, and it
   would be better if eavesdroppers were unable to see DNS traffic.
   This document describes how to use TLS for encrypting DNS traffic
   between a system acting as a DNS stub resolver and a system acting as
   a DNS recursive resolver.  It defines how to easily wrap DNS queries
   in HTTP requests and interpret DNS responses in the HTTP respones;
   the HTTP here is always run under TLS on port 443.

   Discussion of this draft should take place in the DPRIVE WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/