Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-nvo3-load-banlancing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 02:17:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Load balancing without packet reordering in NVO3
        Author          : Hao Chen
	Filename        : draft-chen-nvo3-load-banlancing-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   Traditional ECMP can not balance loads well in the data center
   network because it splits loads at the granularity of flow.  Packets
   belong to a single flow have to be delivered along the same path.
   Though it is able to avoid packet reordering, it may degrade the
   bandwidth utilization.

   This document describes method of splitting a single flow to across
   multiple parallel paths without causing packet reordering, which is
   more effective when large flows exist.  The specific path selection
   algorithm is NOT discussed in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-nvo3-load-banlancing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-nvo3-load-banlancing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/