Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:58:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Locating Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Servers in a Dual-Stack IP Network
        Authors         : Olle E. Johansson
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-10-26

Abstract:
   RFC 3263 defines how a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   implementation, given a SIP Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), should
   locate the next hop SIP server using Domain Name System (DNS)
   procedures.  As SIP networks increasingly transition from IPv4-only
   to dual-stack, a quality user experience must be ensured for dual-
   stack SIP implementations.  This document supplements the DNS
   procedures described in RFC 3263 for dual-stack SIP implementations
   and ensures that they properly align to the optimizations detailed by
   Happy Eyeballs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/