Subject: I-D Action: draft-rauschenbach-alto-wireless-access-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:05:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO in wireless access networks
        Author          : Uwe Rauschenbach
	Filename        : draft-rauschenbach-alto-wireless-access-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) specification
   defines the concept of Provider-defined Identifiers (PIDs) as the
   aggregation of network endpoints for network nodes.  Each PID can be
   associated with a set of endpoint addresses, e.g. aggregating
   endpoints that use the same network access point.

   This document focuses on mobile networks and introduces proposes the
   toidea of using use cells of cellular access networks as an
   aggregation points.  This allows applications to make decisions based
   on the path cost of using the current cell as a network attachment
   point, or to even choose which network access points network
   attachment point to select.  Use cases are described which can
   benefit from this.  The draft elaborates on possible ALTO
   modifications enabling such use cases.  The intent of the draft is to
   start discussion on the topic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rauschenbach-alto-wireless-access/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rauschenbach-alto-wireless-access-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/