Subject: I-D Action: draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:12:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : EVPN Virtual Ethernet Segment
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Patrice Brissette
                          Rick Schell
                          John E Drake
                          Tapraj Singh
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   EVPN and PBB-EVPN introduce a family of solutions for multipoint
   Ethernet services over MPLS/IP network with many advanced
   capabilities among which their multi-homing capabilities. These
   solutions define two types of multi-homing for an Ethernet Segment
   (ES): 1) Single-Active and 2) All-Active, where an Ethernet Segment
   is defined as a set of links between the multi-homed device/network
   and the set of PE devices that they are connected to.

   Some Service Providers want to extend the concept of the physical
   links in an ES to Ethernet Virtual Circuits (EVCs) where many of such
   EVCs can be aggregated on a single physical External Network-to-
   Network Interface (ENNI). An ES that consists of a set of EVCs
   instead of physical links is referred to as a virtual ES (vES). This
   draft describes the requirements and the extensions needed to support
   vES in EVPN and PBB-EVPN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-virtual-eth-segment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/