Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:55:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS-Based Hierarchical SDN for Hyper-Scale DC/Cloud
        Authors         : Luyuan Fang
                          Vijay Gill
                          Fabio Chiussi
	Filename        : draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document describes Hierarchical SDN (HSDN), an architectural
   solution to scale the Data Center (DC) and Data Center Interconnect
   (DCI) networks to support tens of millions of physical underlay
   endpoints, while efficiently handling both ECMP and any-to-any end-
   to-end Traffic Engineered (TE) traffic. HSDN achieves massive scale
   using surprisingly small forwarding tables in the network nodes and
   brings key simplifications in the control plane as well. The HSDN
   forwarding architecture is based on four main concepts: 1. Dividing
   the DC and DCI in a hierarchically-partitioned structure; 2.
   Assigning groups of Underlay Border Nodes in charge of forwarding
   within each partition; 3. Constructing HSDN MPLS label stacks to
   identify the endpoints according to the HSDN structure; and 4.
   Forwarding using the HSDN MPLS labels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/