Subject: I-D Action: draft-pfister-pim-ssbidir-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:53:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Source Specific support for Bidirectional Protocol Independent Multicast
        Author          : Pierre Pfister
	Filename        : draft-pfister-pim-ssbidir-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document adds Source-Specific capabilities to the Bidirectional
   Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM-BIDIR) routing protocol.
   Similarly to PIM-BIDIR, multicast traffic is always forwarded to the
   RP Link, but packets are also filtered based on their source address
   and source-specific subscription state.  This operation mode is
   backwards compatible with PIM-BIDIR, provides a simpler alternative
   to PIM-SM and does not suffer when the multicast source location
   cannot be determined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pfister-pim-ssbidir/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pfister-pim-ssbidir-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/