Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-ipfix-network-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:39:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPFIX Information Elements for inspecting network security issues
        Authors         : Tianfu Fu
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Danping He
	Filename        : draft-fu-ipfix-network-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-24

Abstract:
   IPFIX protocol has been used to carry Information Elements, which are
   defined to measure the traffic information and information related to
   the traffic observation point, traffic metering process and the
   exporting process.  Network or device status are checked through
   analysing neccessary observed information.  Although most of the
   existing Information Elements are useful for network security
   inspection, they are still not sufficient to determine the reasons
   behind observed events such as for DDOS attack, ICMP attack, and
   fragment attack.  To allow administrators making effective and quick
   response to the attacks, this document extends the standard
   Information Elements and describes the formats for inspecting network
   security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-ipfix-network-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-ipfix-network-security-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/