Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-system-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:11:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : System to transport DNS over HTTP using JSON
        Author          : Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-system-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2014-10-15

Abstract:
   This is the SPARTACUS DNS gateway system.  It is designed to
   facilitate the transport of DNS messages opaquely, across problematic
   sections of the Internet.  It uses JSON encoding, and HTTP(S) as the
   protocol for transport.

   The main criteria of SPARTACUS is that it preserve DNS messages
   verbatim, and that only properly formatted DNS messages are passed.

   There are two modes (so far) defined: DNS forwarder (dns clients
   point to a local gateway, which forwards to a remote gateway for
   sending to a DNS resolver); and transparent proxy (DNS packets are
   intercepted, passed to a local gateway, which sends them to the
   remote gateway, with original destination IP address etc. encoded,
   and used by the remote gateway as the destination).

   DNS messages are NAT-friendly, so changes to IP or UDP headers do not
   impact them.  Thus, SPARTACUS does not interfere with TSIG, SIG(0),
   or Eastlake Cookies.

   This document describes the system, the components, and behavior,
   with examples.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-system/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dickson-dnsop-spartacus-system-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/