Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ksubram-lmap-router-buffer-sizes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:08:27 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Router Buffer Sizes In The WAN
    Author(s)     : K. Subramaniam, et al
    Filename      : draft-ksubram-lmap-router-buffer-sizes
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : 2014-10-29 
    
   This draft identifies the set of data that needs to be collected, and
   analyzed to quantify router buffer sizes used in routers in the Wide
   Area Network (WAN).  The scope of this draft is limited to WAN links
   that have link latencies of 40 to 150 milliseconds.

   Reducing router buffer sizes has many advantages, the most important
   being cost.  However, there is not much data available today to
   effectively calculate this.  This draft details use cases for the
   study, and lists data that needs to be taken into consideration to be
   able to quantify the size of router buffers.  The details of the
   individual measurement metrics are beyond the scope of this document.
   Neither does the draft identify methods to gather the data.  What it
   identifies is a need to be able to collect, and report this empirical
   data in a readable fashion thus providing the ability to study and
   compare data in a more standardized method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ksubram-lmap-router-buffer-sizes-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.