Subject: I-D Action: draft-pfister-pim-border-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:51:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protocol Independent Multicast Border Proxying
        Author          : Pierre Pfister
	Filename        : draft-pfister-pim-border-proxy-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension to the Protocol Independent
   Multicast (PIM) multicast routing protocol that enables PIM proxying
   from PIM domains toward other multicast domains.  It relies on PIM
   Proxies located on domain borders and Proxy Controllers which can be
   located anywhere.  This document describes how subscriptions can be
   proxied toward domain's border interfaces using MLDv2 and IGMPv3, but
   other protocols could be used as well.  Once multicast traffic is
   received on a proxied interface, it can be forwarded as if originated
   by a directly connected source.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pfister-pim-border-proxy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pfister-pim-border-proxy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/