Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:59:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Shared Unified Policy Automation (SUPA)
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Tina Tsou
                          Qiong Sun
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Parviz Yegani
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   As modern network management applications grow in scale
   and complexity, their demands and requirements on the supporting
   communication network increase.
   This is the root cause of one of the major challenges that network
   operators (service providers, SME, etc) are facing today. The
   operators are obliged to create a simplified view of their network
   infrastructure that can help network engineers to use such a
   simplified model rather than manipulating individual devices. In this
   context, providing network operators with a set of standard
   interfaces to configure and set policies at various points on their
   network is essential.
   This document describes what has to be addressed in order to equip
   service providers with the means to quickly and dynamically
   create/query/scale/update/ delete/ the services they want to offer.
   This may include a variety of different service enabling scenarios
   and in particular VPN and Inter-DC traffic steering and tunneling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/