Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-httpsession-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:48:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HTTP Session Management
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-httpsession-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The HTTP Session Management Mechanism provides a mean of securely
   establishing a persistent authentication session between a HTTP
   client and server that does not rely on the presentation of a
   confidential bearer token.  The Session Management Mechanism is
   intended to provide a replacement for the existing HTTP State
   Management Mechanism (Cookies) for this purpose.

   This document defines the HTTP Accept-Session, Set-Session and
   Session headers and specifies their use to establish symmetric
   authentication keys and their use to authenticate and verify specific
   parts of an HTTP message.  Other means by which keys used to
   authenticate the messages are established are outside the scope of
   this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-httpsession/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-httpsession-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hallambaker-httpsession-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/