Subject: I-D Action: draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:33:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Safe increase of the TCP's Initial Window Using Initial Spreading
        Authors         : Renaud Sallantin
                          Cedric Baudoin
                          Fabrice Arnal
                          Emmanuel Dubois
                          Emmanuel Chaput
                          Andre-Luc Beylot
	Filename        : draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   This document proposes a new fast start-up mechanism to improve the
   short-lived TCP connections performance.

   Initial Spreading allows to safely increase the Initial Window size
   in any cases, and notably in congested networks.

   Merging the increase in the IW with the spacing of the segments
   belonging to the Initial Window (IW), Initial Spreading is a very
   simple mechanism that improves short-lived TCP flows performance and
   does not deteriorate long-lived TCP flows performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/