Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-6man-why64-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:46:06 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Analysis of the 64-bit Boundary in IPv6 Addressing
    Author(s)     : B. Carpenter, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-6man-why64
    Pages         : 24 
    Date          : 2014-10-31 
    
   The IPv6 unicast addressing format includes a separation between the
   prefix used to route packets to a subnet and the interface identifier
   used to specify a given interface connected to that subnet.
   Currently the interface identifier is defined as 64 bits long for
   almost every case, leaving 64 bits for the subnet prefix.  This
   document describes the advantages of this fixed boundary and analyses
   the issues that would be involved in treating it as a variable
   boundary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-why64-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.