Subject: I-D Action: draft-jaehwoon-dmm-pmipv6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 18:47:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PMIPv6-based Distributed Mobility Management
        Authors         : Jaehwoon Lee
                          Younghan Kim
	Filename        : draft-jaehwoon-dmm-pmipv6-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-10-05

Abstract:
   Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is the network-based mobility management
   protocol where access network supports the mobility of a mobile node
   on behalf of the MN. In PMIPv6, the location information of the MN
   should be registered to Localized Mobility Anchor and communication
   must be established via the LMA. Therefore, the performance can be
   degraded due to traffic concentration and congestion possibility.
   One method to overcome the above problems is to exploit the
   distributed mobility management (DMM) mechanism to distribute the
   LMA function to all access routers within the PMIPv6 domain. This
   letter proposes the fully distributed mobility management mechanism
   in PMIPv6-based network. In this mechanism, there is no need for
   the location management function to register the location of the MN.
   Therefore, the performance is not degraded due to the overhead to
   query the location of the MN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jaehwoon-dmm-pmipv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jaehwoon-dmm-pmipv6-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jaehwoon-dmm-pmipv6-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/