Subject: I-D Action: draft-shi-alto-yang-json-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:31:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Modeling JSON Messages Using YANG
        Authors         : Xiao Shi
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-shi-alto-yang-json-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) has been a popular choice as the
   message encoding for many network protocols.  Meanwhile, there are
   broad interests in the networking community to use the YANG data
   modeling language [RFC6020] to define data store and protocol
   messages, so that one can use YANG related tools such as the
   OpenDayLight Controller.  Although YANG itself is XML based, there
   have been efforts to model JSON content using YANG
   [draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-01]

   This document explores the conditions under which the messages of a
   JSON based protocol can have a syntactically equivalent and hence
   interoperable YANG model.  In particular, this document shows that
   any JSON protocol message with stand-alone non-object JSON values,
   certain JSON arrays of elements of mixed types, or non-keyword keys
   in key-value pairs cannot have a syntactically equivalent YANG model.
   It also applies these conditions to the ALTO and CDNi protocol
   messages as examples.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shi-alto-yang-json/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shi-alto-yang-json-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/