Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:01:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Rate Control
        Authors         : Eric Noel
                          Philip M. Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-10.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-10-10

Abstract:
   The prevalent use of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in Next
   Generation Networks necessitates that SIP networks provide adequate
   control mechanisms to maintain transaction throughput by preventing
   congestion collapse during traffic overloads. Already a loss-based
   solution to remedy known vulnerabilities of the SIP 503 (service
   unavailable) overload control mechanism has been proposed. This
   document proposes a rate-based control scheme to complement the
   loss-based control scheme, using the same signaling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/