Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-te-info-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:31:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : I2RS Information Model for MPLS TE
        Authors         : Xia Chen
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Susan Hares
                          Russ White
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-te-info-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   Traditionally MPLS TE networks may be managed via CLI, SNMP or
   NETCONF.  There are two types of TE LSP: static CR-LSP and dynamic TE
   LSP created by protocol of RSVP-TE.  Static CR-LSP is configured with
   forwarding items such as interface, label and bandwidth, etc. node by
   node.  Dynamic TE LSP is configured with MPLS TE parameters which are
   used to calculate path and set up TE LSP by protocol.  Both
   configurations are complex.

   The Interface to the Routing System's (I2RS) Programmatic interface
   (draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture) provides an alternate way to control
   the configuration and diagnose the operation of MPLS TE.  These
   interactions to control MPLS TE links and diagnose their operation
   include: MPLS TE configuration, MPLS TE protection, traffic
   switching-over, traffic detection, and fault detection.

   This document specifies an information model for MPLS TE to
   facilitate the definition of a standardized data model which can be
   used to define interfaces to the MPLS TE from an entity that may even
   be external to the routing system.  Based on standardized data model
   and interfaces, use cases of MPLS TE defined by draft-huang-i2rs-
   mpls-te-usecases can be supported.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-te-info-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-i2rs-mpls-te-info-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/