Subject: I-D Action: draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:45:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS for DNS: Initiation and Performance Considerations
        Authors         : Zi Hu
                          Liang Zhu
                          John Heidemann
                          Allison Mankin
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-10-21

Abstract:
   This memo offers one approach to initiating TLS for DNS over the
   standard port (TCP/53).  Encryption provided by TLS eliminates
   opportunities for eavesdropping on DNS queries in the network.  In
   addition, and most importantly, the document discusses performance
   considerations to minimize overheads from using TCP and TLS with DNS.
   These considerations may apply to other approaches for DNS over TCP
   and TLS using other ports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/