Subject: I-D Action: draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:45:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Congestion Control Using FEC for Conversational Media
        Authors         : Varun Singh
                          Marcin Nagy
                          Joerg Ott
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-24

Abstract:
   This document describes a new mechanism for conversational multimedia
   flows.  The proposed mechanism uses Forward Error Correction (FEC)
   encoded RTP packets (redundant packets) along side the media packets
   to probe for available network capacity.  A straightforward
   interpretation is, the sending endpoint increases the transmission
   rate by keeping the media rate constant but increases the amount of
   FEC.  If no losses and discards occur, the endpoint can then increase
   the media rate.  If losses occur, the redundant FEC packets help in
   recovering the lost packets.  Consequently, the endpoint can vary the
   FEC bit rate to conservatively (by a small amount) or aggressively
   (by a large amount) probe for available network capacity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/