Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-srv-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:01:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE) TLSA Records with SRV Records
        Authors         : Tony Finch
                          Matthew Miller
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-srv-08.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-21

Abstract:
   The DANE specification (RFC 6698) describes how to use TLSA resource
   records in the DNS to associate a server's host name with its TLS
   certificate, where the association is secured with DNSSEC.  However,
   application protocols that use SRV records (RFC 2782) to indirectly
   name the target server host names for a service domain cannot apply
   the rules from RFC 6698.  Therefore this document provides guidelines
   that enable such protocols to locate and use TLSA records.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-srv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-srv-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-srv-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/