Subject: I-D Action: draft-kang-sfc-failover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 03:34:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Failover for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Taeho Kang
                          Sungsu Kim
                          EunKyoung Paik
	Filename        : draft-kang-sfc-failover-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-10-24

Abstract:
   In the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) architecture, a SDN
   controller establishes flow paths.  SDN controller, classifier, and
   SFF(Service Function Forwarder) do closely interact for SFC packet
   transmission.  However, failure can happen at some nodes in SFC-
   enabled domain preventing packet forwarding, and such situation
   should be avoided.  Backup SF(Service Function) can be one of
   solutions.  Additionally, mandatory/optional criterion can decide
   whether to bypass the failed SF.  In this document, we illustrate
   failover method locally by SFF and globally by controller.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kang-sfc-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kang-sfc-failover-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/