Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-core-conditional-observe-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 03:24:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Conditional observe in CoAP
        Authors         : Shitao Li
                          Kepeng Li
                          Jeroen Hoebeke
                          Floris Van den Abeele
                          Antonio J. Jara
	Filename        : draft-li-core-conditional-observe-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-10-15

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful application protocol for constrained nodes and
   networks.  Through the Observe option, clients can observe changes in
   the state of resources and obtain a current representation of the
   last resource state.  This document defines two new options for CoAP
   Observe so that a CoAP client can specify timing conditions when
   observing a resource on a CoAP server.  As a result, the CoAP client
   is only informed about resource state changes when the timing
   conditions are met.  This offers possibilities to extend network
   intelligence, enhance scalability, and optimize the lifetime and
   performance in order to address the requirements from the Constrained
   Nodes and Networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-core-conditional-observe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-core-conditional-observe-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-core-conditional-observe-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/