Subject: I-D Action: draft-roome-alto-incr-update-sse-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:38:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Incremental Updates Using Server-Sent Events (SSE)
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Xiao Shi
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-roome-alto-incr-update-sse-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) [RFC7285]
   is to bridge the gap between network and applications by providing
   network related information to non-priviledged, application-level
   clients.  This allows applications to make informed decisions, for
   example when selecting a target host from a set of candidates.

   Therefore an ALTO Server provides network and cost maps to its
   clients.  However, those maps can be very large, and portions of
   those maps may change frequently (cost maps in particular).

   This draft presents a method to provide incremental updates for these
   maps.  The goal is to reduce the load on the ALTO Client and Server
   by transmitting just the updated portions of those maps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roome-alto-incr-update-sse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roome-alto-incr-update-sse-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/