Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-isis-source-identifier-distribution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 23:49:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to ISIS for Source Identifier Distribution
        Authors         : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-chen-isis-source-identifier-distribution-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-10-12

Abstract:
   A Source Identifier (SI) is carried in an MPLS Source Label and used
   to identify (one of) the ingress LSR(s) to a specific LSP.  This
   document defines extensions to ISIS protocol for distribution of the
   mapping of a Source Identifier to an specific LSR.  Therefore, the
   egress and intermediate LSRs can use the SI to determine from which
   LSR an MPLS packet is sent.

   This document also defines ISIS extensions to advertise the Source
   Label Capability (SLC) of each LSR that indicates whether an LSR can
   properly process the Source Label Indicator (SLI) special purpose
   label and Source Label (SL).  With the SLC, an ingress LSR can
   determine whether it is allowed to insert a SL into the label stack
   for a specific LSP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-isis-source-identifier-distribution/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-isis-source-identifier-distribution-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/