Subject: I-D Action: draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:13:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AC-influenced Designated Forwarder Election for (PBB-)EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Vinod Prabhu
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The Designated Forwarder (DF) in (PBB-)EVPN networks is the PE
   responsible for sending multicast, broadcast and unknown unicast
   traffic to a multi-homed CE, on a given Ethernet Tag on a particular
   Ethernet Segment (ES). The DF is selected based on the list of PEs
   that advertise the Ethernet Segment Identifier (ESI) to the EVPN
   network. While PE node or link failures trigger the DF re-election
   for a given <ESI, EVI>, individual Attachment Circuit (AC) or MAC-VRF
   failures do not trigger such DF re-election and the traffic may
   therefore be permanently impacted, even though there is an
   alternative path. This document improves the DF election algorithm so
   that the AC status can influence the result of the election and this
   type of "logical" failures can be protected too.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/