Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:11:52 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Diameter Congestion and Filter Attributes
    Author(s)     : B. Hirschman, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes
    Pages         : 9 
    Date          : 2014-10-29 
    
   This document defines optional ECN and filter related attributes that
   can be used for improved traffic identification, support of ECN and
   minimized filter administration within Diameter.

   RFC 5777 defines a Filter-Rule AVP that accommodates extensions for
   classification, conditions and actions. It does not support traffic
   identification for packets using Explicit Congestion Notification as
   defined in RFC 3168 and does not provide specific actions when the
   flow(s) described by the Filter-Rule are congested.

   A Filter-Rule can describe multiple flows but not the exact number of
   flows. Flow count and other associated data (e.g. packets) is not
   captured in Accounting applications, leaving administrators without
   useful information regarding the effectiveness or understanding of
   the filter definition.

   These optional attributes are forward and backwards compatible with
   RFC 5777.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.