Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-mpls-source-label-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) Source Label
        Authors         : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Greg Mirsky
	Filename        : draft-chen-mpls-source-label-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-10-13

Abstract:
   A MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) label was originally defined
   to identify a Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC).  A packet is
   assigned to a specific FEC based on its network layer destination
   address, and optionally Class of Service.  It's difficult or even
   impossible to derive the source identity information from the label.
   For some applications, source identification is a critical
   requirement.  For example, performance monitoring, where the
   monitoring node needs to identify where a packet was sent from.

   This document introduces the concept of Source Identifier (SI) that
   identifies the ingress Label Switching Router (LSR) of a Label
   Switched Path (LSP).  A SI is unique within a domain that is referred
   to as Source Identifier Administrative Domain (SIAD).

   This document also introduces the concept of Source Label (SL) that
   is carried in the label stack and carries the SI of the ingress LSR
   of an LSP.  Source Label is preceded by a Source Label Indicator
   (SLI) when included the label stack and is not used for forwarding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-mpls-source-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-mpls-source-label-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-mpls-source-label-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/