Subject: I-D Action: draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 01:20:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF Synchronization Group
        Authors         : Gang Yan
                          Yuanjiao Liu
                          Xudong Zhang
	Filename        : draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-11-10

Abstract:
   OSPF is a fundamental component for a routing system.  It depends on
   the flooding mechanism to advertise and synchronize link-state
   database among distributed nodes in a network.  As modern networks
   become larger and more complex, more and more nodes and adjacencies
   are involved.  As a result, massive link-state information are
   generated and synchronized which are becoming an overhead of networks
   nowadays.

   This document proposes a new design of OSPF database synchronization
   that is slightly different from the one stated in OSPF.  This new
   design can help to alleviate the overhead by dividing OSPF routers
   into independent synchronization groups and limiting synchronization
   across the group border.  Since less burden from synchronization, it
   is possible to accommodate more OSPF routers and adjacencies in a
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yan-ospf-sync-group/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yan-ospf-sync-group-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/