Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:18:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Decreasing Access Time to Root Servers by Running One on Loopback
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-11-11

Abstract:
   Some DNS recursive resolvers have longer-than-desired round trip
   times to the closest DNS root server.  Such resolvers can greatly
   decrease the round trip time by running a copy of the full root zone
   on a loopback address (such as 127.0.0.1).  This document shows how
   to start and maintain such a copy of the root zone in a manner that
   is secure for the operator of the recursive resolver and does not
   pose a threat to other users of the DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dnsop-root-loopback-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/