Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-dnsop-tcp-primingexchange-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:02:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using TCP by Default in Root Priming Exchange
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Di Ma
	Filename        : draft-song-dnsop-tcp-primingexchange-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-11-26

Abstract:
   DNS payload size limitation constrains operational and policy choice
   for many years.  It is become increasingly notable in IPv6 transition
   and DNSSEC development, specifically during Priming Exchange process.
   Given that the load of priming exchange on the root system is
   relatively low, this memo proposes using TCP by default in Priming
   Exchange between resolver and root server.  This approach is aiming
   to treat Priming Exchange as a special process which brings a little
   change to the current root system and provide solution to the long-
   term problems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-dnsop-tcp-primingexchange/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-dnsop-tcp-primingexchange-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/