Subject: I-D Action: draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:25:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Policy Architecture and Framework for NFV and Cloud Services
        Authors         : Norival Figueira
                          Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-11-25

Abstract:
   A policy architecture and framework is discussed to support NFV and
   Cloud environments, where policies are used to enforce business
   rules and to specify resource constraints in a number of subsystems.
   This document approaches the policy framework and architecture from
   the perspective of overall orchestration requirements for services
   involving multiple subsystems. The analysis extends beyond compute,
   network, and storage subsystems to also include energy conservation.
   This document also analyses policy scope, global versus local
   policies, policy actions and translations, policy conflict detection
   and resolution, interactions among policies engines, and a
   hierarchical policy architecture/framework to address the demanding
   and growing requirements of NFV and Cloud environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/