Subject: I-D Action: draft-karcz-uuas-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:47:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Unified User-Agent String
        Author          : Mateusz Karcz
	Filename        : draft-karcz-uuas-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-11-10

Abstract:
   User-Agent is a HTTP request-header field. It contains information
   about the user agent originating the request, which is often used by
   servers to help identify the scope of reported interoperability
   problems, to work around or tailor responses to avoid particular user
   agent limitations, and for analytics regarding browser or operating
   system use. Over the years contents of this field got complicated
   and ambiguous. That was the reaction for sending altered version of
   websites to web browsers other than popular ones. During the
   development of the WWW, authors of the new web browsers used to
   construct User-Agent strings similar to Netscape's one. Nowadays
   contents of the User-Agent field are much longer than 15 years ago.
   This Memo proposes the Uniform User-Agent String as a way to simplify
   the User-Agent field contents, while maintaining the previous
   possibility of their use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karcz-uuas/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karcz-uuas-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-karcz-uuas-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/