Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 07:04:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
        Authors         : Arno Bakker
                          Riccardo Petrocco
                          Victor Grishchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-12.txt
	Pages           : 111
	Date            : 2014-11-28

Abstract:
   The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a protocol for
   disseminating the same content to a group of interested parties in a
   streaming fashion.  PPSPP supports streaming of both pre-recorded
   (on-demand) and live audio/video content.  It is based on the peer-
   to-peer paradigm, where clients consuming the content are put on
   equal footing with the servers initially providing the content, to
   create a system where everyone can potentially provide upload
   bandwidth.  It has been designed to provide short time-till-playback
   for the end user, and to prevent disruption of the streams by
   malicious peers.  PPSPP has also been designed to be flexible and
   extensible.  It can use different mechanisms to optimize peer
   uploading, prevent freeriding, and work with different peer discovery
   schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed Hash Tables).  It
   supports multiple methods for content integrity protection and chunk
   addressing.  Designed as a generic protocol that can run on top of
   various transport protocols, it currently runs on top of UDP using
   LEDBAT for congestion control.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/