Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:34:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions
        Authors         : Spencer Giacalone
                          Dave Ward
                          John Drake
                          Alia Atlas
                          Stefano Previdi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-11-11

Abstract:
   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
   performance criteria (e.g. latency) are becoming as critical to data
   path selection as other metrics.

   This document describes extensions to OSPF TE [RFC3630] such that
   network performance information can be distributed and collected in a
   scalable fashion. The information distributed using OSPF TE Metric
   Extensions can then be used to make path selection decisions based on
   network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which network
   performance information is distributed. The mechanisms for measuring
   network performance or acting on that information, once distributed,
   are outside the scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/