Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:11:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Gap Analysis for Operating IPv6-only MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Wesley George
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2014-11-25

Abstract:
   This document reviews the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   protocol suite in the context of IPv6 and identifies gaps that must
   be addressed in order to allow MPLS-related protocols and
   applications to be used with IPv6-only networks.  This document is
   intended to focus on gaps in the standards defining the MPLS suite,
   and not to highlight particular vendor implementations (or lack
   thereof) in the context of IPv6-only MPLS functionality.

   In the data plane, MPLS fully supports IPv6 and MPLS labeled packets
   can be carried over IPv6 packets in a variety of encapsulations.
   However, support for IPv6 among MPLS control plane protocols, MPLS
   applications, MPLS Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM),
   and MIB modules is mixed, with some protocols having major gaps.  For
   most major gaps work is in progress to upgrade the relevant
   protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/