Subject: I-D Action: draft-massar-v6man-mtu-label-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 02:59:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The IPv6 MTU Label
        Author          : Jeroen Massar
	Filename        : draft-massar-v6man-mtu-label-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-11-12

Abstract:
   This document redefines the use of the IPv6 Flow Label field to allow
   specification of the lowest MTU on a path that the packet travels,
   thus in most cases avoiding the need for performing Path MTU
   Discovery and the round-trip penalty that that occurs for processing
   the ICMPv6 PTB and retransmitting the packets involved.

   This specification allows graceful decrease of MTU so that large and
   non-standard MTU sizes can safely be used on the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-massar-v6man-mtu-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-massar-v6man-mtu-label-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-massar-v6man-mtu-label-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/