Subject: I-D Action: draft-xia-vnfpool-use-cases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 02:17:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements and Use Cases for Virtual Network Functions
        Authors         : Liang Xia
                          Qin Wu
                          Daniel King
                          Hidetoshi Yokota
                          Naseem Khan
	Filename        : draft-xia-vnfpool-use-cases-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-11-11

Abstract:
   Network function appliances such as subscriber termination,
   firewalls, tunnel switching, intrusion detection, and routing are
   currently provided using dedicated network function hardware.  As
   network function is migrated from dedicated hardware platforms into
   a virtualized environment, a set of use cases with application
   specific resilience requirements begin to emerge.

   These use cases and requirements cover a broad range of capabilities
   and objectives, which will require detailed investigation and
   documentation in order to identify relevant architecture, protocol
   and procedure solutions to ensure reliance of user services using
   virtualized functions.

   This document provides an analysis of the key reliability
   requirements for applications and functions that may be hosted within
   a virtualized environment.  These NFV engineering requirements are
   based on a variety of uses cases and goals , which include
   reliability scalability, performance, operation and automation.

   Note that this document is not intended to provide or recommend
   protocol solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xia-vnfpool-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xia-vnfpool-use-cases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xia-vnfpool-use-cases-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/