Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 00:19:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Remote checksum offload for encapsulation
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-11-13

Abstract:
   This specification describes remote checksum offload, which is a
   mechanism that provides checksum offload of transport checksums in
   encapsulated packets using rudimentary offload capabilities found in
   most Network Interface Card (NIC) devices. The outer header checksum
   (e.g. that in UDP or GRE) is enabled in packets and, with some
   additional meta information, a receiver is able to deduce the
   checksum to be set in an encapsulated packet. Effectively this
   offloads the computation of the inner checksum. Enabling the outer
   checksum in encapsulation has the additional advantage that it covers
   more of the packet than the inner checksum including the
   encapsulation headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/