Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 06:20:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Terminology for Benchmarking Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Devices: Basic session setup and registration
        Authors         : Carol Davids
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Scott Poretsky
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-12.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-11-12

Abstract:
   This document provides a terminology for benchmarking the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) performance of devices.  Methodology
   related to benchmarking SIP devices is described in the companion
   methodology document.  Using these two documents, benchmarks can be
   obtained and compared for different types of devices such as SIP
   Proxy Servers, Registrars and Session Border Controllers.  The term
   "performance" in this context means the capacity of the device-under-
   test (DUT) to process SIP messages.  Media streams are used only to
   study how they impact the signaling behavior.  The intent of the two
   documents is to provide a normalized set of tests that will enable an
   objective comparison of the capacity of SIP devices.  Test setup
   parameters and a methodology is necessary because SIP allows a wide
   range of configuration and operational conditions that can influence
   performance benchmark measurements.  A standard terminology and
   methodology will ensure that benchmarks have consistent definition
   and were obtained following the same procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-term-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/