Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 00:24:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A General Framework of Source Address Validation and Traceback for IPv4/IPv6 Transition Scenarios
        Authors         : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-11-10

Abstract:
   SAVI (Source Address Validation Improvement) is an excellent
   mechanism for anti-IP-spoofing, which was advocated by IETF but only
   focused on single-stack or simple network scenarios right now. To the
   best of our knowledge, existing studies have not paid attention to
   the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios. However, since IPv4/IPv6
   transition schemes are plenty and various, one solution cannot meet
   all requirements of them. In this draft, we present a SAVI-based
   general framework for IP source address validation and traceback in
   the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios, which achieve this by extracting
   out essential and mutual properties from these schemes, and forming
   sub-solutions for each property. When one transition scheme is
   composed from various properties, its IP source address validation
   and traceback solution is directly comprised by the corresponding
   sub-solutions. Thus, the most exciting advantage of this framework is
   that it is a once-and-for-all solution no matter how transition
   schemes change.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-savi-transition-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/