Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 21:40:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds (6to4)
        Authors         : Ole Troan
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-07.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-11-10

Abstract:
   Experience with the "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds
   (6to4)" IPv6 transition mechanism has shown that the mechanism is
   unsuitable for widespread deployment and use in the Internet,
   especially in its anycast mode.  This document requests that RFC
   3068, "An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers", be made obsolete
   and moved to historic status.  It also recommends that future
   products should not support 6to4 anycast and that existing
   deployments should be reviewed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/