Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:47:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers
        Authors         : Ole Troan
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-08.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-11-13

Abstract:
   Experience with the "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds
   (6to4)" IPv6 transition mechanism defined in RFC 3056 has shown that
   the mechanism is unsuitable for widespread deployment and use in the
   Internet, especially in its anycast mode.  This document requests
   that RFC 3068, "An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers", be made
   obsolete and moved to historic status.  It also recommends that
   future products should not support 6to4 anycast and that existing
   deployments should be reviewed.  Thus it updates the guidelines in
   RFC 6343.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/