Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-virtual-pe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:26:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP/MPLS VPN Virtual PE
        Authors         : Luyuan Fang
                          Rex Fernando
                          Maria Napierala
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Bruno Rijsman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-virtual-pe-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-11-12

Abstract:
   This document describes the architecture solutions for BGP/MPLS L3
   and L2 Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with virtual Provider Edge
   (vPE) routers. It provides a functional description of the vPE
   control, forwarding, and management. The proposed vPE solutions
   support both the Software Defined Networks (SDN) approach which
   allows physical decoupling of the control and the forwarding, and the
   traditional distributed routing approach. A vPE can reside in any
   network or compute devices, such as a server as co-resident with the
   application virtual machines (VMs), or a Top-of-Rack (ToR) switch in
   a Data Center (DC) network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-virtual-pe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-virtual-pe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/