Subject: I-D Action: draft-ruby-url-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:17:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement: URL
        Authors         : Sam Ruby
                          Larry Masinter
	Filename        : draft-ruby-url-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-12-17

Abstract:
   This document lays out the problem space of possibly conflicting
   standards between multiple organizations for URLs and things like
   them, and proposes some actions to resolve the conflicts.  From a
   user or developer point of view, it makes no sense for there to be a
   proliferation of definitions of URL nor for there to be a
   proliferation of incompatible implementations.  This shouldn't be a
   competitive feature.  Therefore there is a need for the organizations
   involved to update and reconcile the various Internet Drafts,
   Recommendations, and Standards in this area.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ruby-url-problem/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ruby-url-problem-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/