Subject: I-D Action: draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 01:08:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Faster cleanup of invalid NCE
        Author          : Kiran Kella
	Filename        : draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-01.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-12-28

Abstract:
   When an IPv6 address is moved or removed or when it becomes invalid
   on an interface of an IPv6 node, the old neighbor cache entry for
   this address on the neighboring nodes sharing the interface link
   continues to be used for data forwarding till the STALE entry time-
   out happens or till the neighbor unreachability detection algorithm
   runs in order to rediscover the correct link layer address or purge
   the incorrect neighbor cache entry. This document specifies a
   mechanism for the faster removal of invalid neighbor cache entries
   on the neighboring nodes. This document updates RFC 4861.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/