Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-6lo-aes-implicit-iv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 12:09:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Implicit IV for AES-CBC, AES-CTR, AES-CCM and AES-GCM
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
	Filename        : draft-mglt-6lo-aes-implicit-iv-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2014-12-13

Abstract:
   IPsec ESP with AES-CBC, AES-CTR, AES-CCM or AES-GCM sends an IV in
   each IP packet, which represents 8 or 16 additional bytes.

   In some context, such as IoT, the cost of sending bytes over
   computing these bytes is generally in favor of the computation.  As a
   result, it would be better to compute the IV on each party then to
   send it.

   The document describes how to the IV can be generated instead of
   being sent.  This document limits the IV generation for AES-CBC, AES-
   CTR, AES-CCM and AES-GCM but can be used for additional cryptographic
   mode and suites.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-6lo-aes-implicit-iv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-6lo-aes-implicit-iv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/