Subject: I-D Action: draft-bannister-dbis-passwd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:44:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Directory-Based Information Services: Users and Groups
        Author          : Mark R. Bannister
	Filename        : draft-bannister-dbis-passwd-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-12-03

Abstract:
   This document extends Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS)
   described in [draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-00] to support passwd and
   group databases.

   The passwd and group database schemas SHALL be backwards compatible
   with the Network Information Service [NIS] but stored within [X.500]
   entries so that they may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory
   Access Protocol [RFC4510].

   A passwd database represents user login accounts on UNIX and UNIX-
   like systems and a group database represents user groups.

   This document describes configuration maps [draft-bannister-dbis-
   mapping-00] for passwd and group databases, and database entries
   referenced by those maps.

   Overlays may optionally be used to help reduce the complexity of
   merging multiple DBIS domains in large environments by permitting
   groups of hosts to have variations in their UIDs, GIDs, home
   directories and login shells.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bannister-dbis-passwd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-passwd-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bannister-dbis-passwd-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/