Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 00:50:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SCTP-PF: Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
        Authors         : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-12-24

Abstract:
   One of the major advantages of SCTP is the support of multi-homed
   communication.  A multi-homed SCTP end-point has the ability to
   withstand network failures by migrating the traffic from an inactive
   network to an active one.  However, if the failover operation as
   specified in [RFC4960] is followed, there can be a significant delay
   in the migration to the active destination addresses, thus severely
   reducing the effectiveness of the SCTP failover operation.

   This memo complements [RFC4960] by the introduction of the
   Potentially Failed path state and the associated new failover
   operation called SCTP-PF to apply during a network failure.  In
   addition, the memo complements [RFC4960] by introducing of
   alternative switchover operation modes for the data transfer path
   management after the recovery of a failed primary path.  These modes
   offers for more performance optimal operation in some network
   environments.  The implementation of the additional switchover
   operation modes is optional.

   The procedures defined in the document require only minimal
   modifications to the current specification.  The procedures are
   sender-side only and do not impact the SCTP receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/