Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-coap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:34:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : 6TiSCH Resource Management and Interaction using CoAP
        Authors         : Raghuram S Sudhaakar
                          Pouria Zand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-coap-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-12-04

Abstract:
   The [IEEE802154e] standardizes the TSCH mode of operation and defines
   the mechanisms for layer 2 communication between conforming devices.
   6top defines a set of commands to monitor and manage the TSCH
   schedule.  To realize the full functionality of sensor networks and
   allow their adoption and use in real applications we need additional
   mechanisms.  Specifically, the interaction with 6top, control and
   modify schedules, monitor parameters etc must be defined.  Higher
   layers monitoring and management entities are then able to use these
   capabilities to create feedback loops.  Although, there have been
   many custom implementations of such feedback loops between the
   routing, transport and MAC layers in sensor network deployments,
   there has been a lack of standards based approaches.  This draft
   defines the messaging between monitoring and management entities and
   the 6top layer and a mapping to the 6top commands.  The document also
   presents a particular implementation of the generic data model
   specified in [I-D.ietf-6tisch-6top-interface] based on CoAP and CBOR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-coap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-coap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-coap-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/