Subject: I-D Action: draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 07:24:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Faster cleanup of invalid NCE
        Author          : Kiran Kella
	Filename        : draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2014-12-27

Abstract:
   When an IPv6 address is moved or removed or when it becomes invalid on
   an interface of an IPv6 node, the old neighbor cache entry for this
   address on the neighboring nodes sharing the interface link continues
   to be used for data forwarding till the STALE entry time out happens
   or till the neighbor unreachability detection algorithm runs in order
   to rediscover the correct link layer address or purge the incorrect
   neighbor cache entry. This document specifies a mechanism for the
   faster removal of invalid neighbor cache entries on the neighboring
   nodes. This document updates RFC 4861.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kella-6man-cache-invalid-purge-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/