Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:37:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Origin Attribute for the STUN Protocol
        Authors         : Alan Johnston
                          Justin Uberti
                          John Yoakum
                          Kundan Singh
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-12-02

Abstract:
   STUN, or Session Traversal Utilities for NAT, is a protocol used to
   assist other protocols traverse Network Address Translators or NATs.
   STUN, and STUN extensions such as TURN, or Traversal Using Relays
   around NAT, and ICE, Interactive Communications Establishment, have
   been around for many years but with WebRTC, Web Real-Time
   Communications, STUN and related extensions are about to see major
   deployments and implementation due to these protocols being
   implemented in browsers.  This specification defines an ORIGIN
   attribute for STUN that can be used in similar ways to the HTTP
   header field of the same name.  WebRTC browsers utilizing STUN and
   TURN would include this attribute which would provide servers with
   additional information about the STUN and TURN requests they receive.
   This specification defines the usage of the STUN ORIGIN attribute for
   web and SIP contexts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/