Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-intarea-464xlat-prefix-dhcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 00:25:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Options for Discovery of 464XLAT IPv6 Prefixes
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Lishan Li
                          Cong Liu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Fred Baker
	Filename        : draft-cui-intarea-464xlat-prefix-dhcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-12-25

Abstract:
   464XLAT provides limited IPv4 connectivity across an IPv6-only
   network using translation technology.  The customer-side translator
   (CLAT) performs stateless 1:1 mapping of an IPv4 destination address
   into a provider-side translator (PLAT) IPv6 prefix, which
   subsequently translates it back into IPv4.  Different PLATs will
   likely have different IPv6 prefixes, to attract traffic to the
   correct PLAT.  Thus, an automatic PLAT-side prefix discovery method
   is necessary for CLATs.

   This document defines a DHCPv6-based method to inform a CLAT of a
   PLAT's IPv6 prefix and the IPv4 prefixes it serves.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-intarea-464xlat-prefix-dhcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-intarea-464xlat-prefix-dhcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/