Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-tlsfeature-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:14:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : X.509v3 TLS Feature Extension
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-tlsfeature-06.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-12-04

Abstract:
   The purpose of the TLS Feature extension is to prevent downgrade
   attacks that are not otherwise prevented by the TLS protocol.  In
   particular, the TLS Feature extension may be used to mandate support
   for revocation checking features in the TLS protocol such as OCSP
   stapling.  Informing clients that an OCSP status response will always
   be stapled permits an immediate failure in the case that the response
   is not stapled.  This in turn prevents a denial of service attack
   that might otherwise be possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-tlsfeature/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-tlsfeature-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hallambaker-tlsfeature-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/