Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-checksum-trailer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:50:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : UDP Checksum Trailer in OWAMP and TWAMP
        Author          : Tal Mizrahi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-checksum-trailer-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-12-17

Abstract:
   The One-Way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) and the Two-Way
   Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) are used for performance
   monitoring in IP networks. Delay measurement is performed in these
   protocols by using timestamped test packets. Some implementations use
   hardware-based timestamping engines that integrate the accurate
   transmission timestamp into every outgoing OWAMP/TWAMP test packet
   during transmission.  Since these packets are transported over UDP,
   the UDP checksum field is then updated to reflect this modification.
   This document proposes to use the last 2 octets of every test packet
   as a Checksum Trailer, allowing timestamping engines to reflect the
   checksum modification in the last 2 octets rather than in the UDP
   checksum field. The behavior defined in this document is completely
   interoperable with existing OWAMP/TWAMP implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-checksum-trailer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-checksum-trailer-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/