Subject: I-D Action: draft-lapukhov-bgp-opaque-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 18:25:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use of BGP for opaque signaling
        Authors         : Petr Lapukhov
                          Ebben Aries
                          Pedro Marques
                          Edet Nkposong
	Filename        : draft-lapukhov-bgp-opaque-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-12-09

Abstract:
   Border Gateway Protocol with multi-protocol extensions (MP-BGP)
   [RFC4760] enables the use of the protocol for dissemination of
   virtually any information.  This document proposes a new Address
   Family/Subsequent Address Family to be used for distribution of
   opaque data.  This functionality is intended to be used by
   applications other than BGP for exchange of their own data on top of
   BGP mesh.  The structure of such data is not to be interpreted by the
   regular BGP speakers, rather the goal is to use BGP purely as a
   convenient and scalable communication system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lapukhov-bgp-opaque-signaling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lapukhov-bgp-opaque-signaling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/