Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-vxlan-rco-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 08:13:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Remote checksum offload for VXLAN
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-vxlan-rco-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-12-02

Abstract:
   This specification describes remote checksum offload for VXLAN.
   Remote checksum offload is a mechanism that provides checksum offload
   of transport checksums in encapsulated packets using rudimentary
   offload capabilities found in most Network Interface Card (NIC)
   devices. The outer UDP checksum is enabled on transmit and, with some
   additional meta data, a receiver is able to deduce the checksum to be
   set in an encapsulated packet. Effectively this offloads the
   computation of the inner checksum which can be a significant
   performance optimization. Enabling the UDP checksum has the
   additional advantage that it covers more of the packet including the
   IP pseudo header and virtual network identifier.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-vxlan-rco/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-vxlan-rco-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/