Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:46:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Centralized Replication for BUM traffic in active-active edge connection
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Muhammad Durrani
                          Sujay Gupta
                          Andrew Qu
                          Tao Han
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-12-16

Abstract:
   In TRILL active-active access scenario, RPF check failure issue may
   occur when pseudo-nickname mechanism in [TRILLPN] is used. This
   draft describes a solution to the RPF check failure issue through
   centralized replication for BUM (Broadcast, Unknown unicast,
   Mutlicast) traffic. The solution has all ingress RBs send BUM
   traffic to a centralized node via unicast TRILL encapsulation. When
   the centralized node receives the BUM traffic, it decapsulates the
   traffic and forwards the BUM traffic to all destination RBs using a
   distribution tree established via the TRILL base protocol. To avoid
   RPF check failure on a RBridge sitting between the ingress RBridge
   and the centralized replication node, some change of RPF calculation
   algorithm is required. RPF calculation on each RBridge should use
   the centralized node as ingress RB instead of the real ingress
   RBridge of RBv to perform the calculation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/