Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:50:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay Routers
        Authors         : Ole Troan
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-09.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-12-10

Abstract:
   Experience with the "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds
   (6to4)" IPv6 transition mechanism defined in RFC 3056 has shown that
   when used in its anycast mode, the mechanism is unsuitable for
   widespread deployment and use in the Internet.  This document
   therefore requests that RFC 3068, "An Anycast Prefix for 6to4 Relay
   Routers", be made obsolete and moved to historic status.  It also
   obsoletes RFC 6732 "6to4 Provider Managed Tunnels".  It recommends
   that future products should not support 6to4 anycast and that
   existing deployments should be reviewed.  This complements the
   guidelines in RFC 6343.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/