Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 04:24:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IODEF Enumeration Reference Format
        Authors         : Adam W. Montville
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-12.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-12-24

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) is an XML
   data representation framework for sharing information about computer
   security incidents.  In IODEF, the Reference class provides
   references to externally specified information such as a
   vulnerability, IDS alert, malware sample, advisory, or attack
   technique.  In practice, these references are based on external
   enumeration specifications that define both the enumeration format
   and the specific enumeration values, but the IODEF Reference class
   (as specified in IODEF v1 in RFC 5070) does not indicate how to
   include both of these important pieces of information.

   This memo establishes a stand-alone data format to include both the
   external specification and specific enumeration identification value,
   and establishes an IANA registry to manage external enumeration
   specifications.  While this memo does not update IODEV v1, this
   enumeration reference format is used in IODEF v2 and is applicable to
   other formats that support this class of enumeration references.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/