Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 12:52:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Controlling State Advertisements Of Non-negotiated LDP Applications
        Authors         : Kamran Raza
                          Sami Boutros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-01-18

Abstract:
  There is no capability negotiation done for Label Distribution
  Protocol (LDP) applications that setup Label Switched Paths (LSPs) for
  IP prefixes or that signal Point-to-point (P2P) Pseudowires (PWs) for
  Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs). When an LDP session comes
  up, an LDP speaker may unnecessarily advertise its local state for
  such LDP applications even when the peer session is established for
  some other applications like Multipoint LDP (mLDP) or Inter-Chassis
  Communication Protocol (ICCP). This document defines a solution by
  which an LDP speaker announces to its peer its disinterest in such
  non-negotiated applications, thus disabling the unnecessary
  advertisement of corresponding application state, which would have
  otherwise be advertised over the established LDP session.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/