Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:55:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Captive-Portal identification in DHCP / RA
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Ebersman
                          Steve Sheng
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-09.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-01-27

Abstract:
   In many environments offering short-term or temporary Internet access
   (such as coffee shops), it is common to start new connections in a
   captive portal mode.  This highly restricts what the customer can do
   until the customer has authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and a RA extension) to inform
   clients that they are behind some sort of captive portal device, and
   that they will need to authenticate to get Internet Access.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/