Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-use-case-mobility-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 07:17:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Function Chaining Use Cases in Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Walter Haeffner
                          Jeffrey Napper
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Jim Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-use-case-mobility-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-01-10

Abstract:
   This document provides some exemplary use cases for service function
   chaining in mobile service provider networks.  The objective of this
   draft is not to cover all conceivable service chains in detail.
   Rather, the intention is to localize and explain the application
   domain of service chaining within mobile networks as far as it is
   required to complement the problem statement
   [ietf-sfc-problem-statement] and architecture framework
   [ietf-sfc-arch] of the working group.

   Service function chains typically reside in a LAN segment which links
   the mobile access network to the actual application platforms located
   in the carrier's datacenters or somewhere else in the Internet.
   Service function chains (SFC) ensure a fair distribution of network
   resources according to agreed service policies, enhance the
   performance of service delivery or take care of security and privacy.
   SFCs may also include Value Added Services (VAS).  Commonly, SFCs are
   typical middlebox services.

   General considerations and specific use cases are presented in this
   document to demonstrate the different technical requirements of these
   goals for service function chaining in mobile service provider
   networks.

   The specification of service function chaining for mobile networks
   must take into account an interaction between service function chains
   and the 3GPP Policy and Charging Control (PCC) environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-use-case-mobility/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-use-case-mobility-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-use-case-mobility-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/