Subject: I-D Action: draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 06:51:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet
        Authors         : Gert Manhoudt
                          Stephan Roullot
                          Kin Yee Wong
	Filename        : draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-06.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-01-26

Abstract:
   This document describes the Transparent SDH/SONET over Packet (TSoP)
   mechanism to encapsulate Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) or
   Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET) bit-streams in a packet format,
   suitable for Pseudowire (PW) transport over a packet switched network
   (PSN).  The key property of the TSoP  method is that it transports
   the SDH/SONET client signal in its entirety through the PW, i.e., no
   use is made of any specific characteristic of the SONET/SDH signal
   format, other than its bit rate.  The TSoP transparency includes
   transporting the timing properties of the SDH/SONET client signal.
   This ensures a maximum of transparency and a minimum of complexity,
   both in implementation and during operation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-manhoudt-pwe3-tsop-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/