Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:28:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions
        Authors         : Spencer Giacalone
                          Dave Ward
                          John Drake
                          Alia Atlas
                          Stefano Previdi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-11.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-01-09

Abstract:
   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network
   performance information (e.g., link propagation delay) is becoming
   critical to data path selection.

   This document describes common extensions to RFC 3630 "Traffic
   Engineering (TE) Extensions to OSPF Version 2" and RFC 5329 "Traffic
   Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 3" to enable network
   performance information to be distributed in a scalable fashion. The
   information distributed using OSPF TE Metric Extensions can then be
   used to make path selection decisions based on network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms by which network
   performance information is distributed. The mechanisms for measuring
   network performance information or using that information, once
   distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/