Subject: I-D Action: draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:02:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv4 with 64 bit Address Space
        Author          : William Chimiak
	Filename        : draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-01-27

Abstract:
   This document describes a solution to Internet address depletion
   problem using a clever IPv4 option mechanism as a solution, called
   enhanced IP (EnIP).  Because it is IPv4, it maximizes backward
   compatibility while providing a six order of magnitude increase in
   address space.  Unlike other similar proposals, care was taken to
   avoid costly changes and requirements to the core network and border
   routers, with the exception that options be passed in that equipment
   as described below.  Because it is backward compatible, current IPv4
   software, network equipment, firewalls, intrusion detection/
   protection, and layer 5 firewalls can be maintained until IPv6 system
   information security reaches acceptable maturity and availability.
   In addition, because it is IPv4, the legally and operational
   complexities can be postponed or avoided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/