Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhattacharya-pim-fast-recovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:45:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM fast recovery mechanism
        Author          : Indranil Bhattacharya
	Filename        : draft-bhattacharya-pim-fast-recovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2015-01-12

Abstract:
   When a PIM router reboots, either because of uncontrolled
   failover or because of ISSU, it needs to reconcile the
   PIM entries. For this, rebooting router sends PIM hello with
   new GenId. In reponse, neighbors send a new hello and replay
   PIM J/P message. Regardless an application maintaing full mroute
   states, the rebooting route must wait for this replay to complete
   only after which it can mark the oif reconciliation complete.
   This process is undeterministic today. This draft proposes a
   new mechanism to achieve a faster reconcilaition time. For this
   a new Hello option and a new message type has been introduced.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhattacharya-pim-fast-recovery/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhattacharya-pim-fast-recovery-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/