Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:15:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC)
        Authors         : Murray S. Kucherawy
                          Elizabeth Zwicky
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-11.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2015-01-06

Abstract:
   Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance
   (DMARC) is a scalable mechanism by which a mail-originating
   organization can express domain-level policies and preferences for
   message validation, disposition, and reporting, that a mail receiving
   organization can use to improve mail handling.

   Originators of Internet Mail need to be able to associate reliable
   and authenticated domain identifiers with messages, communicate
   policies about messages that use those identifiers, and report about
   mail using those identifiers.  These abilities have several benefits:
   Receivers can provide feedback to domain owners about the use of
   their domains, which can provide valuable insight about the
   management of internal operations and the presence of external domain
   name abuse.

   DMARC does not produce or encourage elevated delivery privilege of
   authenticated email.  DMARC is a mechanism for policy distribution
   that enables increasingly strict handling of messages that fail
   authentication checks, ranging from no action, through altered
   delivery, up to message rejection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/