Subject: I-D Action: draft-saldana-tsvwg-simplemux-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 01:18:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Simplemux. A generic multiplexing protocol
        Author          : Jose Saldana
	Filename        : draft-saldana-tsvwg-simplemux-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-01-05

Abstract:
   There are some situations in which multiplexing a number of small
   packets into a bigger one is desirable.  For example, a number of
   small packets can be sent together between a pair of machines if they
   share a common network path.  Thus, the traffic profile can be
   shifted from small to larger packets, reducing the network overhead
   and the number of packets per second to be managed by intermediate
   routers.

   This document describes Simplemux, a protocol able to encapsulate a
   number of packets belonging to different protocols into a single
   packet.  It includes the "Protocol" field on each multiplexing
   header, thus allowing the inclusion of a number of packets belonging
   to different protocols on a packet of another protocol.

   The size of the multiplexing headers is kept very low (it may be a
   single byte when multiplexing small packets) in order to reduce the
   overhead.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saldana-tsvwg-simplemux/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saldana-tsvwg-simplemux-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-saldana-tsvwg-simplemux-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/