Subject: I-D Action: draft-kirsch-ietf-tcp-stealth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 08:33:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Stealth
        Authors         : Julian Kirsch
                          Christian Grothoff
                          Jacob Appelbaum
                          Holger Kenn
	Filename        : draft-kirsch-ietf-tcp-stealth-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-01-17

Abstract:
   TCP servers are visible on the Internet to unauthorized clients, as
   the existence of a TCP server is leaked in the TCP handshake before
   applications have a chance to authenticate the client.

   We present a small modification to the initial TCP handshake that
   allows TCP clients to replace the TCP ISN in the TCP SYN packet with
   an authorization token.  Based on this information, TCP servers may
   then chose to obscure their presence from unauthorized TCP clients.

   This RFC documents the specific method for calculating the
   authorization token to ensure interoperability and to minimize
   interference by middleboxes.  Mandating support for this method in
   operating system TCP/IP implementations will ensure that clients can
   connect to TCP servers protected by this method.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kirsch-ietf-tcp-stealth/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kirsch-ietf-tcp-stealth-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kirsch-ietf-tcp-stealth-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/