Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:59:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Shared Unified Policy Automation (SUPA)
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          Qiong Sun
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Parviz Yegani
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-01-18

Abstract:
   The rapid increase in the amount and type of traffic makes it
   significantly more challenging for operational and management
   applications to maintain the network and deploy new services. This
   is the root cause of one of the major challenges that network
   operators (service providers, SME, etc) are facing today. The
   operators are obliged to create a simplified view of their network
   infrastructure that can help network engineers to use such a
   simplified model rather than manipulating individual devices. In this
   context, providing network operators with a set of standard generic
   YANG-based data models that enable management and automation of
   services on their network is essential.
   This document describes what has to be addressed in order to equip
   service providers with the means to quickly and dynamically
   create/query/scale/update/delete the services they want to offer.
   This may include a variety of different service enabling scenarios
   and in particular VPN management from an individual to a data center,
   within a data center or among a set of physical or virtualized data
   centers that belong to an organization or different organizations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/