Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 16:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A PIE-Based AQM for DOCSIS Cable Modems
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Rong Pan
	Filename        : draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-01-12

Abstract:
   DOCSIS cable modems provide broadband Internet access to over one
   hundred million users worldwide.  They are commonly positioned at the
   head of the bottleneck link for traffic in the upstream direction
   (from the customer), and as a result, the impact of buffering and
   bufferbloat in the cable modem can have a significant effect on user
   experience.  The CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 specification includes
   requirements for cable modems to support an Active Queue Management
   (AQM) algorithm that is intended to alleviate the impact that
   buffering has on latency sensitive traffic, while preserving bulk
   throughput performance.  In addition, the CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0
   specifications have also been amended to contain similar
   requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/