Subject: I-D Action: draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 10:15:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Open Threat Signaling using RPC API over HTTPS and IPFIX
        Author          : Nik Teague
	Filename        : draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-01-14

Abstract:
This document defines a method by which a device or application may
signal information relating to current threat handling to other
devices/applications that may reside locally or in the cloud.  The
initial focus is ddos mitigation; however, the method may be extended
to communicate any threat type.  This will allow for a vendor or
provider agnostic approach to threat mitigation utilising multiple
layers of protection as the operator sees fit.

The dissemination of threat information will occur utilising JSON RPC
API over HTTPS communications between devices/applications and will be
augmented by IPFIX and UDP for signaling telemetry information
relating to attacks and protected object data.

An open standards based approach to communication between on-premise
DDoS mitigation devices and cloud based DDoS protection services
allows for enterprises to have a wider range of options to better
secure their environments without the limitations of vendor lock-in.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-teague-open-threat-signaling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/