Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:40:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
                          Dave Ward
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-01-06

Abstract:
   As modern networks grow in scale and complexity, the need for rapid
   and dynamic control increases.  With scale, the need to automate even
   the simplest operations is important, but even more critical is the
   ability to quickly interact with more complex operations such as
   policy-based controls.

   In order to enable network applications to have access to and control
   over information in the Internet's routing system, we need a publicly
   documented interface specification.  The interface needs to support
   real-time, asynchronous interactions using data models and encodings
   that are efficient and potentially different from those available
   today.  Furthermore, the interface must be tailored to support a
   variety of use cases.

   This document expands upon these statements of requirements to
   provide a detailed problem statement for an Interface to the Routing
   System (I2RS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/