Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 11:06:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Registry Specification for Mandatory Access Control (MAC) Security Label Formats
        Authors         : David P. Quigley
                          Jarrett Lu
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-01-30

Abstract:
   In the past Mandatory Access Control (MAC) systems have used very
   rigid policies which were implemented in particular protocols and
   platforms.  As MAC systems became more widely deployed, additional
   flexibility in mechanism and policy will be required.  While
   traditional trusted systems implemented Multi-Level Security (MLS)
   and integrity models, modern systems have expanded to include
   technologies such as type enforcement.  Due to the wide range of
   policies and mechanisms which need to be accommodated, it is unlikely
   that use of a single security label format and model will be viable.

   To allow multiple MAC mechanisms and label formats to co-exist in a
   network, this document proposes a registry of label format
   specifications.  This registry would contain label format identifiers
   and would provide for the association of each such identifier with a
   corresponding extensive document document outlining the exact syntax
   and use of the particular label format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-lfs-registry-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/