Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:20:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : PKIX over Secure HTTP (POSH)
        Authors         : Matthew Miller
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-01-26

Abstract:
   Experience has shown that it is extremely difficult to deploy proper
   PKIX certificates for TLS in multi-tenanted environments.  As a
   result, domains hosted in such environments often deploy applications
   using certificates that identify the hosting service, not the hosted
   domain.  Such deployments force end users and peer services to accept
   a certificate with an improper identifier, resulting in obvious
   security implications.  This document defines two methods that make
   it easier to deploy certificates for proper server identity checking
   in non-HTTP application protocols.  While these methods developed for
   use in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) as a
   Domain Name Association (DNA) prooftype, they might also be usable in
   other non-HTTP application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/