Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:32:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IODEF Enumeration Reference Format
        Authors         : Adam W. Montville
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-13.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-01-14

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) is an XML
   data representation framework for sharing information about computer
   security incidents.  In IODEF, the Reference class provides
   references to externally specified information such as a
   vulnerability, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) alert, malware
   sample, advisory, or attack technique.  In practice, these references
   are based on external enumeration specifications that define both the
   enumeration format and the specific enumeration values, but the IODEF
   Reference class (as specified in IODEF v1 in RFC 5070) does not
   indicate how to include both of these important pieces of
   information.

   This document establishes a stand-alone data format to include both
   the external specification and specific enumeration identification
   value, and establishes an IANA registry to manage external
   enumeration specifications.  While this document does not update
   IODEF v1, this enumeration reference format is used in IODEF v2 and
   is applicable to other formats that support this class of enumeration
   references.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-enum-reference-format-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/