Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:32:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Qin Wu
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Zafar Ali
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2015-02-27

Abstract:
   In certain networks like financial information network (stock/
   commodity trading) and enterprises using cloud based applications,
   Latency (delay), Latency Variation (jitter) and Packet Loss are
   becoming key requirements for path computation along with other
   constraints and metrics.  These metrics are associated with the
   Service Level Agreement (SLA) between customers and service
   providers.  The Link Bandwidth Utilization (the total bandwidth of a
   link in current use for the forwarding) is another important factor
   to consider during path computation.

   IGP Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric extensions describes mechanisms
   with which network performance information is distributed via OSPF
   and IS-IS respectively.  The Path Computation Element Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) provides mechanisms for Path Computation Elements
   (PCEs) to perform path computations in response to Path Computation
   Clients (PCCs) requests.  This document describes the extension to
   PCEP to carry Latency, Latency Variation, Packet Loss, and Link
   Bandwidth Utilization as constraints for end to end path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/