Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:47:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure DHCPv4
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-02-02

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) enables
   DHCPv4 servers to pass configuration parameters.  It offers
   configuration flexibility.  If not being secured, DHCPv4 is
   vulnerable to various attacks, particularly spoofing attacks.  This
   document analyzes the security issues of DHCPv4 and specifies a
   Secure DHCPv4 mechanism for communications between DHCPv4 clients and
   servers.  This document provides a DHCPv4 client/server
   authentication mechanism based on server's public/private key pairs
   and client's certificates.  The DHCPv4 message exchanges are
   protected by the signature option and the timestamp option newly
   defined in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/