Subject: I-D Action: draft-ipversion6-loopback-prefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:26:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Loopback Prefix for IPv6
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ipversion6-loopback-prefix-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2015-02-12

Abstract:
    The IPv6 address range of 0::/64 is reserved for loopback addresses.
    This expands from the single loophack address already defined for IPv6,
    ::1, to allow for a set of addresses to be used when packets are intended
    to stay within a host system.  Multiple loopback addresses allow for
    simultaneous varied uses of the loopback addresses as has proven, albeit
    in limited ways, in IPv4.  And exception is made to accomodate the
    ::0/128, already defined as The Unspecified Address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ipversion6-loopback-prefix/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ipversion6-loopback-prefix-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/