Subject: I-D Action: draft-hao-bess-evpn-df-handshaking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 18:23:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Handshaking mechanism for DF election
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Lucy Yong
                          Qiandeng Liang
	Filename        : draft-hao-bess-evpn-df-handshaking-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-02-05

Abstract:
   In [EVPN], DF election process on each PE connecting to same ESI is
   triggered by independent timer expiring, DF and non-DF PEs can't
   ensure that unblocking and blocking action take effect at the same
   time, sometimes long time traffic disruption will occur. Handshaking
   mechanism for DF election is introduced in this draft, it can
   effectively reduce traffic disruption and avoid potential issues of
   packet duplication and loop in all-active access scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-bess-evpn-df-handshaking/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hao-bess-evpn-df-handshaking-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/