Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:00:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation Support
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Irene Ruengeler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-07.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2015-02-25

Abstract:
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol [RFC4960] provides a reliable
   communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
   TCP [RFC0793].  With the widespread deployment of Network Address
   Translators (NAT), specialized code has been added to NAT for TCP
   that allows multiple hosts to reside behind a NAT and yet use only a
   single globally unique IPv4 address, even when two hosts (behind a
   NAT) choose the same port numbers for their connection.  This
   additional code is sometimes classified as Network Address and Port
   Translation (NAPT).  To date, specialized code for SCTP has not yet
   been added to most NATs so that only pure NAT is available.  The end
   result of this is that only one SCTP capable host can be behind a
   NAT.

   This document describes the protocol extensions required for the SCTP
   endpoints to help NATs provide similar features of NAPT in the
   single-point and multi-point traversal scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/