Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 03:46:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting Against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will Liu
                          Gunter Van de Velde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-02-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism for protecting hosts connected to
   a switched network against rogue DHCPv6 servers.  It is based on
   DHCPv6 packet-filtering at the layer-2 device at which the packets
   are received.  A similar mechanism has been widely deployed in IPv4
   networks ('DHCP snooping'), and hence it is desirable that similar
   functionality be provided for IPv6 networks.  This document specifies
   a Best Current Practice for the implementation of DHCPv6 Shield.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/