Subject: I-D Action: draft-jdurand-idr-next-hop-liveliness-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 23:48:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path validation toward BGP next-hop
        Author          : Jerome Durand
	Filename        : draft-jdurand-idr-next-hop-liveliness-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-02-22

Abstract:
   This proposal introduces a new BGP attribute that can be used by BGP
   routers to advertise their capability to support any kind of host
   liveliness checking protocols (for example BFD).  This attribute can
   be used to avoid black-holes scenarios seen when BGP next-hop is not
   the peer, in particular on Internet eXchange Points (IXPs)
   implementing BGP Route-Servers.  IXP member routers can exchange
   their capability to implement a given host liveliness checking

Foreword

   A placeholder to list general observations about this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jdurand-idr-next-hop-liveliness/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jdurand-idr-next-hop-liveliness-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/