Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:15:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Mapping PMIPv6 QoS Procedures with WLAN QoS procedures
        Authors         : John Kaippallimalil
                          Rajesh Pazhyannur
                          Parviz Yegani
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-02-11

Abstract:
   This document provides guidelines for achieving end to end Quality-
   of-Service (QoS) in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) domain where the
   access network is based on IEEE 802.11. RFC 7222 describes QoS
   negotiation between a Mobility Access Gateway (MAG) and Local
   Mobility Anchor (LMA) in a PMIPv6 mobility domain. The negotiated QoS
   parameters can be used for QoS policing and marking of packets to
   enforce QoS differentiation on the path between the MAG and LMA. IEEE
   802.11-2012, Wi-Fi Multimedia - Admission Control (WMM-AC) describes
   methods for QoS negotiation between a Wi-Fi Station (MN in PMIPv6
   terminology) and an Access Point. This document provides a mapping
   between the above two sets of QoS procedures and the associated QoS
   parameters. This document is intended to be used as a companion
   document to RFC 7222 to enable implementation of end to end QoS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/