Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 05:25:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Router Alert Option for MPLS OAM
        Authors         : Kamran Raza
                          Nobo Akiya
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-02-04

Abstract:
   RFC 4379 defines the MPLS LSP Ping/Traceroute mechanism, in which the
   Router Alert Option MUST be set in the IP header of the MPLS Echo
   Request messages, and may conditionally be set in the IP header of
   the MPLS Echo Reply messages depending on the Reply Mode used.  While
   a generic "Router shall examine packet" Option Value is used for the
   IPv4 Router Alert Option (RAO), there is no generic Router Alert
   Option Value defined for IPv6 that can be used.  This document
   allocates a new generic IPv6 Router Alert Option Value that can be
   used by MPLS OAM tools, including the MPLS Echo Request and MPLS Echo
   Reply messages for MPLS in IPv6 environments.  Consequently, it
   updates RFC 4379.

   The initial motivation to request an IPv6 Router Alert Option (RAO)
   Value for MPLS OAM comes from MPLS LSP Ping/Traceroute.  However,
   this Value is applicable to all MPLS OAM and not limited to MPLS LSP
   Ping/Traceroute.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-oam-ipv6-rao-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/