Subject: I-D Action: draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:45:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Policy Architecture and Framework for NFV and Cloud Services
        Authors         : Norival Figueira
                          Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-02-13

Abstract:
   A policy architecture and framework is discussed to support NFV and
   Cloud environments, where policies are used to enforce business
   rules and to specify resource constraints in a number of subsystems.
   This document approaches the policy framework and architecture from
   the perspective of overall orchestration requirements for services
   involving multiple subsystems. The analysis extends beyond common
   orchestration constraints across compute, network, and storage
   subsystems to also include energy conservation constraints. This
   document also analyses policy scope, global versus local policies,
   policy actions and translations, policy conflict detection and
   resolution, interactions among policies engines, and a hierarchical
   policy architecture/framework to address the demanding and growing
   requirements of NFV and Cloud environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-norival-nfvrg-nfv-policy-arch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/