Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 00:48:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTP Authentication Extensions for Interactive Clients
        Authors         : Yutaka Oiwa
                          Hajime Watanabe
                          Hiromitsu Takagi
                          Tatsuya Hayashi
                          Yuichi Ioku
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2015-02-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies a few extensions of HTTP authentication
   framework for interactive clients.  Recently, fundamental features of
   HTTP-level authentication is not enough for complex requirements of
   various Web-based applications.  This makes these applications to
   implement their own authentication frameworks using HTML Forms and
   other means, which becomes one of the hurdles against introducing
   secure authentication mechanisms handled jointly by servers and user-
   agent clients.  The extended framework fills gaps between Web
   application requirements and HTTP authentication provisions to solve
   the above problems, while maintaining compatibility against existing
   Web and non-Web uses of HTTP authentications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/