Subject: I-D Action: draft-vyncke-6man-segment-routing-security-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:25:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Segment Routing Security Considerations
        Authors         : Eric Vyncke
                          Stefano Previdi
                          David Lebrun
	Filename        : draft-vyncke-6man-segment-routing-security-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-02-27

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows a node to steer a packet through a
   controlled set of instructions, called segments, by prepending a SR
   header to the packet.  A segment can represent any instruction,
   topological or service-based.  SR allows to enforce a flow through
   any path (topological, or application/service based) while
   maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the SR domain.

   Segment Routing can be applied to the IPv6 data plane with the
   addition of a new type of Routing Extension Header.  This document
   analyzes the security aspects of the Segment Routing Extension Header
   (SRH) and how it is used by SR capable nodes to deliver a secure
   service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vyncke-6man-segment-routing-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vyncke-6man-segment-routing-security-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vyncke-6man-segment-routing-security-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/