Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:01:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Hypervisor to NVE Control Plane Requirements
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Lucy Yong
                          Lawrence Kreeger
                          Thomas Narten
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-02-09

Abstract:
   In a Split-NVE architructure, the functions of the NVE are split
   across the hypervisor/container on a server and an external network
   equipment which is called an external NVE. A control plane
   protocol(s) between a hypervisor and its associated external NVE(s)
   is used for the hypervisor to distribute its virtual machine
   networking state to the external NVE(s) for further handling. This
   document illustrates the functionality required by this type of
   control plane signaling protocol and outlines the high level
   requirements. Virtual machine states as well as state transitioning
   are summarized to help clarifying the needed protocol requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/