Subject: I-D Action: draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 04:19:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DevOps for Software-Defined Telecom Infrastructures
        Authors         : Catalin Meirosu
                          Antonio Manzalini
                          Juhoon Kim
                          Rebecca Steinert
                          Sachin Sharma
                          Guido Marchetto
                          Ioanna Papafili
	Filename        : draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-02-27

Abstract:
   The introduction of virtualization technologies, starting from the
   physical layer and going all the way up to the application plane, is
   transforming the telecom network infrastructure onto an agile, model-
   driven production environment for communication services. Carrier-
   grade network management was optimized for environments built with
   monolithic physical nodes and involves significant deployment,
   integration and maintenance efforts from network service providers.
   The DevOps movement in the data center is a source of inspiration
   regarding how to simplify and automate management processes for
   software-defined infrastructure. This first version of this draft
   identifies three areas that we consider key to applying DevOps
   principles in a telecom service provider environment, namely for
   monitoring, verification and troubleshooting processes. Finally, we
   introduce challenges associated with operationalizing DevOps
   principles at scale in software-defined telecom networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-unify-nfvrg-devops/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/