Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:38:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
        Authors         : Stefan Lederer
                          Cedric Westphal
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Andrea Detti
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Christian Timmerer
                          Daniel Posch
                          Aytac Azgin
                          Sucheng Liu
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2015-02-25

Abstract:
   This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
   network architecture to an Information-Centric Network (ICN)
   architecture on video distribution. As most of the traffic in future
   networks is expected to be video, we consider how to modify the
   existing video streaming mechanisms. Several important topics
   related to video distribution over ICN are presented, covering a
   wide range of scenarios: we look at how to evolve DASH to work over
   ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming
   over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider layered encoding over ICN;
   P2P mechanisms introduce distinct requirements for video and we look
   at how to adapt PPSP for ICN; IPTV adds delay constraints, and this
   will create more stringent requirements over ICN as well. As part of
   the discussion on video, we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in
   addition to consider how existing mechanisms would be impacted by
   ICN, this document lists some research issues to design ICN specific
   video streaming mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/