Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-idr-bier-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:25:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Extensions for BIER
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Keyur Patel
                          Mach Chen
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
	Filename        : draft-xu-idr-bier-extensions-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-02-16

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is a new multicast forwarding
   architecture which doesn't require an explicit tree-building protocol
   and doesn't require intermediate routers to maintain any multicast
   state.  BIER is applicable in a multi-tenant data center network
   envioronment for efficient delivery of Broadcast, Unknown-unicast and
   Multicast (BUM) traffic while eliminating the need for maitaining a
   huge amount of multicast state in an underlay.  This document
   describes BGP extensions for advertising the BIER-specific
   information.  These extesnions are applicable in those multi-tenant
   data centers where BGP instead of IGP is deployed as an underlay for
   network reachability advertisement.  These extensions may also be
   applicable in other scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-bier-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-idr-bier-extensions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/