Subject: I-D Action: draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 00:45:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) SIP URI Inter Operator Traffic Leg parameter
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Jan Holm
                          Roland Jesske
                          Martin Dolly
	Filename        : draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-02-12

Abstract:
   In 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) networks, the signalling
   path between a calling user and a called user can be partioned into
   segments, referred to as traffic legs.  Each traffic leg may span
   networks belonging to different operators, and will have its own
   characteristics that can be different from other traffic legs in the
   same call.  A traffic leg might be associated with multiple SIP
   dialogs, e.g. in case a B2BUA which modifies the SIP dialog
   identifier is located within the traffic leg.

   This document defines a new SIP URI parameter, 'iotl'.  The parameter
   can be used in a SIP URI to indicate that the entity associated with
   the address, or an entity responsible for the host part of the
   address, represents the end of a specific traffic leg (or multiple
   traffic legs).

   The SIP URI 'iotl' parameter defined in this document has known uses
   in 3GPP networks.  Usage in other networks is also possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-holmberg-dispatch-iotl-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/