Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 08:50:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IKEv2-based Shared Secret Key for O/TWAMP
        Authors         : Kostas Pentikousis
                          Emma Zhang
                          Yang Cui
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-02-11

Abstract:
   The One-way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) and Two-Way Active
   Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) security mechanism require that both the
   client and server endpoints possess a shared secret.  Since the
   currently-standardized O/TWAMP security mechanism only supports a
   pre-shared key mode, large scale deployment of O/TWAMP is hindered
   significantly.  At the same time, recent trends point to wider
   Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) deployment which, in
   turn, calls for mechanisms and methods that enable tunnel end-users,
   as well as operators, to measure one-way and two- way network
   performance in a standardized manner.  This document describes the
   use of keys derived from an IKEv2 security association (SA) as the
   shared key in O/TWAMP.  If the shared key can be derived from the
   IKEv2 SA, O/TWAMP can support certificate-based key exchange, which
   would allow for more operational flexibility and efficiency.  The key
   derivation presented in this document can also facilitate automatic
   key management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-ipsec-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/