Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:23:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An IETF with Much Diversity and Professional Conduct
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Narelle Clark
	Filename        : draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-02-18

Abstract:
   The process of producing today's Internet through a culture of open
   participation and diverse collaboration has proved strikingly
   efficient and effective, and it is distinctive among standards
   organizations.  Historically participation in the IETF and its
   antecedent was almost entirely composed of well-funded, American,
   white, male engineers, establishing a distinctive and challenging
   group dynamic, both in management and in personal interactions.  In
   the case of the IETF, interaction style can often demonstrate
   singularly aggressive behavior, often including singularly hostile
   tone and content.  Groups with greater diversity make better
   decisions.  Obtaining meaningful diversity requires more than generic
   good will and statements of principle.  Many different behaviors can
   serve to reduce participant diversity or participation diversity.
   This paper discusses the nature and practicalities of IETF attention
   to its diverse participation and to the requirement for professional
   demeanor.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/