Subject: I-D Action: draft-gerdes-ace-actors-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:31:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Actors in the ACE Architecture
        Authors         : Stefanie Gerdes
                          Ludwig Seitz
                          Goeran Selander
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-gerdes-ace-actors-04.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2015-03-25

Abstract:
   Constrained nodes are small devices which are limited in terms of
   processing power, memory, non-volatile storage and transmission
   capacity.  Due to these constraints, commonly used security protocols
   are not easily applicable.  Nevertheless, an authentication and
   authorization solution is needed to ensure the security of these
   devices.

   Due to the limitations of the constrained nodes it is especially
   important to develop a light-weight security solution which is
   adjusted to the relevant security objectives of each participating
   party in this environment.  Necessary security measures must be
   identified and applied where needed.

   This document gives an overview of the necessary terminology and
   introduces the actors in an architecture as guidance for the
   development of authentication and authorization solutions for
   constrained environments.  The actors represent the relationships
   between the logical functional entities involved.

   We also present a problem description for authentication and
   authorization in constrained-node networks, i.e. networks where some
   devices have severe constraints on memory, processing, power and
   communication bandwidth.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-actors/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-actors-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gerdes-ace-actors-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/