Subject: I-D Action: draft-lewis-user-assigned-tlds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:10:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : User Assigned ISO 3166-1 Alpha-2 Codes and the DNS Root Zone
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-lewis-user-assigned-tlds-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-03-06

Abstract:
The practice governing the delegation of ASCII two-letter domain names in
the DNS root zone is to follow the ISO 3166-1 standard?s alpha 2 codes.
This standard is maintained by the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency.  Contained
within the gamut of ISO 3166-1 alpha 2 codes is a set of values designated
as User Assigned.  This document recommends that values designated as user
assigned be reserved from delegation in the root zone.  A specific range of
these codes is assigned expressly for private-use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-user-assigned-tlds/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-user-assigned-tlds-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/