Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:53:15 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         :  Requirements for Peer Mounting of YANG subtrees from Remote Datastores

    Author(s)     : E. Voit, et al
    Filename      : draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements
    Pages         : 21 
    Date          : 2015-03-10 
    
   Network integrated applications want simple ways to access YANG
   objects and subtrees which might be distributed across network.
   Performance requirements may dictate that it is unaffordable for a
   subset of these applications to go through existing centralized
   management brokers.  For such applications, development complexity
   must be minimized.  Specific aspects of complexity developers want to
   ignore include:

   o  whether authoritative information is actually sourced from remote
      datastores (as well as how to get to those datastores),

   o  whether such information has been locally cached or not,

   o  whether there are zero, one, or more controllers asserting
      ownership of information, and

   o  whether there are interactions with other applications
      concurrently running elsewhere

   The solution requirements described in this document detail what is
   needed to support application access to authoritative network YANG
   objects from controllers (star) or peering network devices (mesh) in
   such a way to meet these goals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.