Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-tls-tlsoverhttp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:41:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS over HTTP
        Author          : Christian Huitema
	Filename        : draft-huitema-tls-tlsoverhttp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   We observe that attacks against HTTPS are getting more and more
   popular.  The attacks typically exploit weaknesses in PKI certificate
   verification software.  These weaknesses allow a third party to
   insert itself as a Man-In-The-Middle in a TLS connection, accessing
   the content of messages that were previously encrypted and in some
   case changing these messages.

   TLS over HTTP allows clients and servers to carry a TLS conversation
   on top of HTTP, and thus bypass the man-in-the-middle attackers.
   Different deployment models are possible, e.g., HTTP over TLS over
   HTTP, application-layer-protocol over TLS over HTTP, or HTTP over TLS
   over HTTP over TLS.

   The proposed solution allows for reuse of the existing TLS
   implementation, thus minimizing the development costs and risks.  It
   includes an optional obfuscation layer, to maximize the likelihood of
   working unnoticed by firewalls and other MITM boxes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-tls-tlsoverhttp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-tls-tlsoverhttp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/