Subject: I-D Action: draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 03:55:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv4/IPv6 Transition Practice in OpenStack
        Authors         : Yi Bai
                          Congxiao Bao
                          Kevin Yin
                          Xing Li
	Filename        : draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-03-25

Abstract:
   OpenStack is a free and open-source software cloud computing
   platform.  It is primarily deployed as an infrastructure as a service
   (IaaS) solution.  However, OpenStack is designed mainly for IPv4, it
   internally uses [RFC1918] addresses and heavily relies on NAT to map
   RFC1918 addresses to public IPv4 addresses known as floating IP
   addresses for the external access.  Due to the different nature of
   IPv6 and IPv4, the IPv6 support for the OpenStack is still in the
   early stage.  In this document, two mechanisms are presented to
   provide IPv4/IPv6 dual stack external access for the OpenStack, one
   scenario is internal IPv4 and uses stateful IPv4/IPv6 translator for
   the external IPv6 access, and another scenario is internal IPv6 and
   uses stateless IPv4/IPv6 translation for the external IPv4 access.
   Both mechanisms have been deployed in CERNET and providing services
   to the global IPv4/IPv6 Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ybai-v6ops-ipv6-for-openstack-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/