Subject: I-D Action: draft-ypoeluev-tls-m2mcertificate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:05:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Authentication Using M2M Certificate
        Authors         : Yuri Poeluev
                          Warwick Ford
	Filename        : draft-ypoeluev-tls-m2mcertificate-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
This memo defines Transport Layer Security (TLS) extensions and
associated semantics that allow clients and servers to negotiate the
use of M2M certificates for a TLS/DTLS session, and specifies how to
transport M2M certificates via TLS/DTLS.  It also defines the registry
for non-X.509 certificate types.

The X.509 public key certificate format is overly verbose for Internet-
of-Things (IoT) constrained environments, where nodes with limited
memory and networks with limited bandwidth are not uncommon.  The
Machine-to-Machine (M2M) certificate format is a pruned down and
encoding-optimized replacement for X.509, which reuses much of the
X.509 semantics but reduces certificate sizes by typically 40%.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ypoeluev-tls-m2mcertificate/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ypoeluev-tls-m2mcertificate-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/