Subject: I-D Action: draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:50:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sleepy CoAP Nodes
        Authors         : Teresa Zotti
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   6LoWPAN networks rely on application protocols like CoAP to enable
   RESTful communications in constrained environments.  Many of these
   networks make use of "Sleepy Nodes": battery powered devices that
   switch off their (radio) interface during most of the time to
   conserve battery energy.  As a result of this, Sleepy Nodes cannot be
   reached most of the time.  This fact prevents using normal
   communication patterns as specified in the CoRE group, since the
   server-model is not applicable to these devices.  This document
   discusses and specifies an architecture to support Sleepy Nodes such
   as battery-powered sensors in 6LoWPAN networks with the goal of
   guiding and stimulating the discussion on Sleepy Nodes support for
   CoAP in the CoRE WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/