Subject: I-D Action: draft-hegde-isis-link-overload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:59:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ISIS Link Overload
        Authors         : Shraddha Hegde
                          Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-hegde-isis-link-overload-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Many ISIS deployments run on overlay networks provisioned by means of
   pseudo-wires or L2-circuits. when the devices in the underlying
   network go for maintenance, it is useful to divert the traffic away
   from the specific node(s), to some alternate paths, before the
   maintenance is actually scheduled.  Since the nodes in the underlying
   network are not visible to ISIS, existing Avoidance of traffic
   blackhole mechanism described in [RFC3277] cannot be used.  It is
   useful for routers in IS-IS routing domain to be able to advertise a
   link being in overload state to indicate impending maintenance
   activity in the underlying network devices.

   This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate link
   overload information in IS-IS protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hegde-isis-link-overload/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hegde-isis-link-overload-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/