Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-dice-multicast-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:45:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport-layer Multicast Security for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs)
        Authors         : Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-kumar-dice-multicast-security-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   CoAP and 6LoWPAN are fast emerging as the de-facto protocol standards
   in the area of resource-constrained devices forming Low-power and
   Lossy Networks (LLNs).  Unicast communication in such networks are
   secured at the transport layer using DTLS, as mandated by CoAP.  For
   various applications, IP multicast-based group communications in such
   networks provide clear advantages.  However, at this point, CoAP does
   not specify how to secure group communications in an interoperable
   way.  This draft specifies two methods for securing CoAP-based group
   communication at the transport layer and targets deployment scenarios
   that may require group authentication, respectively source
   authentication.  The specification leverages the fact that DTLS is
   already used as the mechanism of choice to secure unicast
   communications and allows group communications security to be
   implemented as an extension of DTLS record layer processing, thereby
   minimizing incremental implementation cost.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-dice-multicast-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-dice-multicast-security-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/