Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:42:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forwarding-Label support in CCN Protocol
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
	Filename        : draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   This document motivates the need for a forwarding-label which is
   another name that can be used in forwarding, in addition to the
   mandatory name in a CCNx Interest message.  Forwarding-label once
   inserted by a edge router can be modified en-route towards the
   producer.  Forwarding-label can be used for several purposes such as
   to support routing scalability, producer mobility, multi-protocol
   support, or for fast forwarding.  We describe its encoding format,
   and rules followed by a forwarder while processing it.  We also
   illustrate its use by applying it towards producer mobility.  This
   draft scopes the use of forwarding-label within a closed trusted
   domain, while the use of it by applications is not ruled out.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/