Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:33:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : What's the Impact of Virtualization on Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)?
        Authors         : Qiao Fu
                          Zhen Cao
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-02-28

Abstract:
   This documentation presents a use case of Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) with the emergence of Network Function
   Virtualization (NFV).  The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
   (ALTO) Service provides network information (e.g., basic network
   location structure and preferences of network paths) with the goal of
   modifying network resource consumption patterns while maintaining or
   improving application performance.  The emerging NFV, which is
   currently being in progress in ETSI NFV, leverages standard IT
   virtualisation technology to consolidate many network equipment types
   onto industry standard high-volume servers, switches, and storage.
   The use case presented in this document discusses the impact of
   virtualization on the ALTO protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fu-alto-nfv-usecase-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/