Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:24:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Harmful Consequences of Postel's Maxim
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Jon Postel's famous statement in RFC 1122 of "Be liberal in what you
   accept, and conservative in what you send" - is a principle that has
   long guided the design of Internet protocols and implementations of
   those protocols.  The posture this statement advocates might promote
   interoperability in the short term, but that short term advantage is
   outweighed by negative consequences that affect the long term
   maintenance of a protocol and its ecosystem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/