Subject: I-D Action: draft-finn-detnet-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 11:53:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Architecture
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Michael Johas Teener
	Filename        : draft-finn-detnet-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) provides a capability to carry
   specified unicast or multicast data streams for real-time
   applications with extremely low data loss rates and maximum latency.
   Techniques used include: 1) reserving data plane resources for
   individual (or aggregated) DetNet streams in some or all of the relay
   systems (bridges or routers) along the path of the stream; 2)
   providing fixed paths for DetNet streams that do not rapidly change
   with the network topology; and 3) sequentializing, replicating, and
   eliminating duplicate packets at various points to ensure the
   availability of at least one path.  The capabilities can be managed
   by configuration, or by manual or automatic network management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finn-detnet-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finn-detnet-architecture-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-finn-detnet-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/