Subject: I-D Action: draft-choi-dice-finegrained-dtls-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:49:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fine-grained Support of Security Services for Constrained Devices using DTLS
        Authors         : Jaeduck Choi
                          Gunhee Lee
                          Namhi Kang
                          Seungwook Jung
                          Souhwan Jung
	Filename        : draft-choi-dice-finegrained-dtls-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-03-24

Abstract:
   This document proposes a method that can selectively apply
   application data encryption to the DTLS record layer. The CoAP used
   for resource-constrained devices defines the use of DTLS as a basic
   security mechanism, and CoAP standard specifies the use of AES_CCM
   that provides data integrity and confidentiality as a cipher suite
   for DTLS. However, not all CoAP messages require both data integrity
   and confidentiality. For example, in case of CoAP messages that
   include information for turning a light off at home or in a building,
   or simple ACK information, encryption might not be necessary because
   such information might not be useful to attackers. Furthermore, from
   the perspective of effective resource use of resource-constrained
   devices, reducing the computation load required to perform data
   encryption every time is necessary. This document describes the
   methods for CoAP nodes to establish DTLS security channels using the
   AES_CCM cipher suite, and to selectively apply the encryption
   function in the DTLS record layer by considering sensitivity to
   application data leakage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-choi-dice-finegrained-dtls-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-choi-dice-finegrained-dtls-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-choi-dice-finegrained-dtls-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/