Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:11:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals
        Authors         : John G. Myers
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The Internet Message Access Protocol (RFC 3501) contains the
   "literal" syntactic construct for communicating strings.  When
   sending a literal from client to server, IMAP requires the client to
   wait for the server to send a command continuation request between
   sending the octet count and the string data.  This document specifies
   an alternate form of literal which does not require this network
   round trip.

   This document specifies 2 IMAP extensions: LITERAL+ and LITERAL-.
   The former allows the alternate form of literals in all IMAP command.
   The latter is the same as LITERAL+, but disallow the alternate form
   in IMAP APPEND.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-rfc2088bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/