Subject: I-D Action: draft-jdurand-auto-bfd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:29:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path validation toward BGP next-hop with AUTO-BFD
        Authors         : Jerome Durand
                          David Freedman
	Filename        : draft-jdurand-auto-bfd-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a solution called AUTO-BFD, that
   automatically initiates BFD sessions for BGP next-hops.  This makes
   it possible to avoid blackholing scenarios when a BGP peer is not the
   BGP next-hop, especially on Internet eXchange Points (IXPs) when BGP
   Route-Servers are deployed.  When they are configured with this
   mechanism, routers can automatically try to establish a new adjacency
   for every new BGP next-hop.  BGP routes are then checked against the
   state of the BFD session for the corresponding next-hop.

Foreword

   A placeholder to list general observations about this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jdurand-auto-bfd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jdurand-auto-bfd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/