Subject: I-D Action: draft-lopez-i2nsf-packet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:25:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Packet-Based Paradigm For Interfaces To NSFs
        Author          : Edward Lopez
	Filename        : draft-lopez-i2nsf-packet-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-25

Abstract:
   In the design of interfaces to allow for the provisioning of network-
   based security functions (NSFs), a critical consideration is to
   prevent the creation of implied constraints.

   This draft makes the recommendation that such interfaces be designed
   from the paradigm of processing packets on the network.  NSFs
   ultimately are packet-processing engines that inspect packets
   traversing networks, either directly or in context to sessions to
   which the packet is associated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-i2nsf-packet/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-i2nsf-packet-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/