Subject: I-D Action: draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:25:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Meta-Queries resticted.
        Authors         : Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Marek Majkowski
                          Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Some DNS types have special meaning and are classified as meta
   queries, this includes ANY, AXFR, IXFR.  These queries frequently
   return larger answers than queries for other types.

   This document defines a standard way for Authoritative-Only servers
   how to refuse to serve these and other similar queries, with the
   expectation that resolvers honor that, by not asking followup
   queries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogud-dnsop-acl-metaqueries-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/