Subject: I-D Action: draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 17:14:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Proxy-ARP/ND function in EVPN networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Thomas King
                          Daniel Melzer
	Filename        : draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The MAC/IP Advertisement route specified in [RFC7432] can optionally
   carry IPv4 and IPv6 addresses associated with a MAC address. Remote
   PEs can use this information to reply locally (act as proxy) to IPv4
   ARP requests and IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation messages and
   reduce/suppress the flooding produced by the Address Resolution
   procedure. This EVPN capability is extremely useful in Internet
   Exchange Points (IXPs) with large broadcast domains, where the amount
   of ARP/ND flooded traffic causes issues on routers and CEs, as
   explained in [RFC6820]. This document describes how the [RFC7432]
   EVPN proxy-ARP/ND function should be implemented to help IXPs and
   other operators deal with the issues derived from Address Resolution
   in large broadcast domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/