Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:12:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery  Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : On Interoperation of Labels Between mDNS and DNS
        Author          : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-03-04

Abstract:
   Despite its name, DNS-Based Service Discovery can use naming systems
   other than the Domain Name System when looking for services.
   Different name systems use different conventions for the characters
   allowed in any name.  In order for DNS-SD to be used effectively in
   environments where multiple different name systems are in use, it is
   important to attend to differences in the underlying technology.
   This memo presents an outline of the requirements for selection of
   labels for mDNS and DNS when they are expected to interoperate in
   this manner.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/