Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-transport-protocols-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 04:55:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : On the Need for Transport Protocol Profiles & Investigating New Evolution Tracks
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          David Binet
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Luis M. Contreras
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-transport-protocols-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-03-02

Abstract:
   The world of Internet transport protocols is changing, after decades
   of TCP and UDP operation.  Several proposals have been submitted for
   the past years (and counting) to introduce other transport protocols
   that aim at reducing the web latency of that of TCP or avoiding the
   burden of the various middle-boxes (NATs, firewalls, for one)
   encountered along the communication path.  Such initiatives, although
   not new, are motivated by the complexity of some (non-transparent)
   networking functions.

   This document advocates for the definition of transport profiles and
   the need to document recommendations for middleboxes, including
   Performance Enhancement Proxies (PEPs) behaviors.  A collaboration
   among the involved players (service providers, vendors) is required
   to soften the current complications encountered in the Internet at
   large.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-transport-protocols/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-transport-protocols-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/