Subject: I-D Action: draft-rizzo-6lo-6legacy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:22:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 mapping to non-IP protocols
        Authors         : Gianluca Rizzo
                          Antonio J. Jara
                          Alex C. Olivieri
                          Yann Bocchi
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Latif Ladid
                          Sebastien Ziegler
                          Cedric Crettaz
	Filename        : draft-rizzo-6lo-6legacy-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-03-28

Abstract:
   IPv6 is an important enabler of the Internet of Things, since it
   provides an addressing space large enough to encompass a vast and
   ubiquitous set of sensors and devices, allowing them to interconnect
   and interact seamlessly.  To date, an important fraction of those
   devices is based on networking technologies other than IP.  An
   important problem to solve in order to include them into an
   IPv6-based Internet of Things, is to define a mechanism for assigning
   an IPv6 address to each of them, in a way which avoids conflicts and
   protocol aliasing.

   The only existing proposal for such a mapping leaves many problems
   unsolved and it is nowadays inadequate to cope with the new scenarios
   which the Internet of Things presents.  This document defines a
   mechanism, 6TONon-IP, for assigning automatically an IPv6 address to
   devices which do not support IPv6 or IPv4, in a way which minimizes
   the chances of address conflicts, and of frequent configuration
   changes due to instability of connection among devices.  Such a
   mapping mechanism enables stateless autoconfiguration for legacy
   technology devices, allowing them to interconnect through the
   Internet and to fully integrate into a world wide scale, IPv6-based
   IoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rizzo-6lo-6legacy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rizzo-6lo-6legacy-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rizzo-6lo-6legacy-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/