Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:13:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Mapping and interworking of Diversion information Between Diversion and History-Info Headers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author          : Marianne Mohali
	Filename        : draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2015-03-04

Abstract:
   Although the SIP History-Info header field is the solution adopted in
   IETF, the non-standard Diversion header field is nevertheless already
   implemented and used for conveying call diversion related information
   in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.
   On one hand, the non-standard Diversion header field is described, as
   Historic, in [RFC5806].  On the other hand, the History-Info header
   field is described in [RFC7044] that obsoletes the original[RFC4244]
   describing the History-Info header field.  [RFC7044] defines the SIP
   header field, History-Info, for capturing the history information in
   requests and new SIP header field parameters for the History-Info and
   Contact header fields to tag the method by which the target of a
   request is determined.  [RFC7044] also defines a value for the
   Privacy header field that directs the anonymization of values in the
   History-Info header field.

   Since the Diversion header field is used in existing network
   implementations for the transport of call diversion information, its
   interworking with the SIP History-Info standardized solution is
   needed.  This document describes a recommended interworking guideline
   between the Diversion header field and the History-Info header field
   to handle call diversion information.  In addition, an interworking
   policy is proposed to manage the headers' coexistence.  This work is
   intended to enable the migration from non-standard implementations
   and deployments toward IETF specification-based implementations and
   deployments.
   This document obsoletes [RFC6044]that describes the interworking
   between the Diversion header field [RFC5806] and the obsoleted
   History-Info header field as defined on [RFC4244].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohali-rfc6044bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mohali-rfc6044bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/