Subject: I-D Action: draft-icn-packet-format-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:50:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ICN Packet Format Design Requirements
        Authors         : Alexander Afanasyev
                          Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Guoqiang Wang
                          Lan Wang
                          Beichuan Zhang
                          Lixia Zhang
	Filename        : draft-icn-packet-format-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   It is a great challenge to design the right packet format for the
   Information-Centric Networking (ICN), because this new architecture
   is still in its research stage.  We do not have good prediction
   regarding either the technology advances or the application needs may
   involve in next 10 years.  To minimize the chance of premature
   constraints in the packet format design, we believe it is important
   to first clearly identify the design requirements, so that we can use
   the requirements to guide the design effort.  In this document we
   describe our understanding of the design requirements and their
   tradeoffs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-icn-packet-format-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-icn-packet-format-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/