Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:47:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A TCP and TLS Transport for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Simon Lemay
                          Valik Solorzano Barboza
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) has been designed with TCP as
   an underlying transport protocol.  The Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP), which has been inspired by HTTP, has on the other
   hand been defined to make use of UDP.  Therefore, reliable delivery
   and a simple congestion control and flow control mechanism are
   provided by the message layer of the CoAP protocol.

   A number of environments benefit from the use of CoAP directly over a
   reliable byte stream that already provides these services.  This
   document defines the use of CoAP over TCP as well as CoAP over TLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tschofenig-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/