Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-tls-dtls-as-subtransport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:36:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS as Subtransport protocol
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Eric Rescorla
                          Jana Iyengar
	Filename        : draft-huitema-tls-dtls-as-subtransport-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-03-05

Abstract:
   The developers of "user level" transports will benefit from a
   standard implementation of authentication and encryption.  This can
   be achieved using DTLS as a sub-transport.  Using DTLS enables
   developers to benefit from the investment in TLS, and removes the
   burden and the risks of re-creating similar technology.

   There are several requirements to ensure that DTLS is a suitable sub-
   transport: zero RTT setup, low overhead, and DOS prevention.  The IAB
   SEMI workshop outlined other potential requirements: start/stop
   indication, and ability to accept indications from the network.  The
   draft presents guidelines for meeting these requirements in a new
   version of DTLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-tls-dtls-as-subtransport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-tls-dtls-as-subtransport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/