Subject: I-D Action: draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 04:49:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Global Synchronization Protection for Packet Queues
        Author          : Wolfram Lautenschlaeger
	Filename        : draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The congestion avoidance processes of several transmission capacity
   sharing TCP flows tend to be synchronized among each other, so that
   the rate variations of the individual flows do not compensate. In
   contrary, they accumulate into large variations of the whole
   aggregate. The effect is known as global synchronization. Large
   queuing buffer demand and large latency and jitter are the
   consequences. Global Synchronization Protection (GSP) is an extension
   of regular tail drop packet queuing schemes that prevents global
   synchronization. For large traffic aggregates the de-correlation
   between the individual flow variations reduces buffer demand and
   packet sojourn time by an order of magnitude and more. Even though
   quite simple, the solution has a theoretical background and is not
   heuristic. It has been tested with a Linux kernel implementation and
   shows equivalent performance as other relevant AQM schemes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/