Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 01:20:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Management Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Autonomic Networking - Definitions and Design Goals
        Authors         : Michael Behringer
                          Max Pritikin
                          Steinthor Bjarnason
                          Alexander Clemm
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Autonomic systems were first described in 2001.  The fundamental goal
   is self-management, including self-configuration, self-optimization,
   self-healing and self-protection.  This is achieved by an autonomic
   function having minimal dependencies on human administrators or
   centralized management systems.  It usually implies distribution
   across network elements.

   This document defines common language, and outlines design goals and
   non-design goals for autonomic functions.  A high level reference
   model illustrates how functional elements in an autonomic network
   interact.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/