Subject: I-D Action: draft-ansari-scim-soft-delete-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:37:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SCIM Soft Delete
        Authors         : Morteza Ansari
                          Phil Hunt
	Filename        : draft-ansari-scim-soft-delete-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) specification
   is an HTTP based protocol that makes managing identities in multi-
   domain scenarios easier to support through a standardized HTTP
   service.

   Among other operations, SCIM defines delete operation where upon
   successful completion of the call, the SCIM endpoint is supposed to
   delete the requested object and the object should not be available
   for future SCIM calls and not used in uniqueness criteria
   requirements.

   While this model is sufficient for a number of SCIM implementations,
   there are cases this simple definition of delete may not meet product
   or business requirements.  For example a service provider may require
   a user object to continue to exist as other objects/data is linked
   with it or for billing purposes, etc.  For example a cloud file
   storage mechanism may require to show basic information about who
   created a given file or modified one even if the user is de-
   provisioned from the system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ansari-scim-soft-delete/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ansari-scim-soft-delete-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/