Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 07:08:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Shared Unified Policy Automation (SUPA) Gap Analysis
        Author          : Jun Bi
	Filename        : draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   As operators struggle to optimize their network for different
   applications while maximizing network resources usage, there's
   growing business pressure to minimize operational tasks and the
   deployment time of new services.

   New automation paradigms are meant to help reach these goals,
   including the optimization of network functions through application
   control.  This control could be signaled directly by an application,
   through a proxy or orchestrated in a centralized manner.

   The purpose of SUPA is to develop a methodology by which network
   services can be managed using standardized policy rules.  SUPA will
   focus in the first phase on inter-datacenter traffic management as
   part of the distributed data center use case, including the automated
   provisioning of site-to-site virtual private networks of various
   types.  This memo analyses the current state of the art of the
   industries in IETF and outside IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-supa-gap-analysis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/