Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 14:55:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Wide BGP Communities Attribute
        Authors         : Robert Raszuk
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Andrew Lange
                          Shane Amante
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Paul Jakma
                          Richard A Steenbergen
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-03-07

Abstract:
   Route tagging plays an important role in external BGP [RFC4271]
   relations, in communicating various routing policies between peers.
   It is also a very common best practice among operators to propagate
   various additional information about routes intra-domain.  The most
   common tool used today to attach various information about routes is
   through the use of BGP communities [RFC1997].

   Such information is important to allow BGP speakers to perform some
   mutually agreed actions without the need to maintain a separate
   offline database for each tuple of prefix and associated set of
   action entries.

   This document defines a new encoding which will enhance and simplify
   what can be accomplished today with the use of BGP communities.  The
   most important addition this specification makes over currently
   defined BGP communities is the ability to specify, carry as well as
   use for execution an operator's defined set of parameters.  It also
   provides an extensible platform for any new community encoding needs
   in the future.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/