Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:20:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure DHCPv6
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Sean Shen
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Tatuya Jinmei
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) enables
   DHCPv6 servers to pass configuration parameters.  It offers
   configuration flexibility.  If not being secured, DHCPv6 is
   vulnerable to various attacks, particularly spoofing attacks.  This
   document analyzes the security issues of DHCPv6 and specifies a
   Secure DHCPv6 mechanism for communications between DHCPv6 clients and
   DHCPv6 servers.  This document provides a DHCPv6 client/server
   authentication mechanism based on sender's public/private key pairs
   or certificates with associated private keys.  The DHCPv6 message
   exchanges are protected by the signature option and the timestamp
   option newly defined in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-sedhcpv6-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/