Subject: I-D Action: draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:21:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Wendy Roome
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-10.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   IETF is designing a new service called ALTO (Application Layer
   traffic Optimization) that includes a "Network Map Service", an
   "Endpoint Cost Service" and an "Endpoint (EP) Ranking Service" and
   thus incentives for application clients to connect to ISP preferred
   Endpoints.  These services provide a view of the Network Provider
   (NP) topology to overlay clients.

   The present draft proposes a simple way to extend the information
   provided by the current ALTO protocol in two ways.  First, including
   information on multiple Cost Types in a single ALTO transaction
   provides a better mapping of the Selected Endpoints to needs of the
   growing diversity of Content and Resources Networking Applications
   and to the network conditions.  Second, one ALTO query and response
   exchange on N Cost Types is faster and more efficient than N single
   cost transactions.  All this also helps producing a faster and more
   robust choice when multiple Endpoints need to be selected.  Last, the
   draft proposes to enrich the filtering capabilities by allowing
   constraints involving several metrics combined by several types of
   logical operators.  This allows the applications to set finer
   requirements and above all to include compromises on those
   requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-randriamasy-alto-multi-cost-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/