Subject: I-D Action: draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:20:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Aggressive use of NSEC/NSEC3
        Authors         : Kazunori Fujiwara
                          Akira Kato
	Filename        : draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   DNS highly depends on cache, however, cache usage of non-existence
   information was limited to exact matching.  This draft proposes the
   aggressive use of NSEC/NSEC3 resource record, which is able to
   express non-existence of range of names authoritatively.  With this
   proposal, shorter latency to many of negative response is expected as
   well as some level of mitigation of random sub-domain attacks
   (referred to as "Water Torture" attacks).  And more, non-existent TLD
   queries to Root DNS servers will decrease.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/