Subject: I-D Action: draft-ford-m2mcertificate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:00:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Public Key Certificate Format
        Authors         : Warwick Ford
                          Yuri Poeluev
	Filename        : draft-ford-m2mcertificate-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
   The X.509 public key certificate format is overly verbose for
   Internet-of-Things (IoT) constrained environments, where nodes with
   limited memory and networks with limited bandwidth are not uncommon.
   The Machine-to-Machine (M2M) certificate format is a pruned down and
   encoding-optimized replacement for X.509, which reuses much of the
   X.509 semantics but reduces certificate sizes by typically 40%.  We
   are proposing that IETF recognize the M2M format as an optional
   replacement for X.509 in Internet applications including, but not
   limited to, TLS and DTLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ford-m2mcertificate/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ford-m2mcertificate-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/