Subject: I-D Action: draft-maler-ace-oauth-uma-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:36:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments Using OAuth and UMA
        Authors         : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Eve Maler
                          Erik Wahlstroem
                          Samuel Erdtman
	Filename        : draft-maler-ace-oauth-uma-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Authentication and authorization are fundamental security features
   used in Internet and Web applications.  Providing the same level of
   security functionality to the Internet of Things (IoT) environment as
   well is a logical enhancement and reduces the risk of unauthorized
   access to personal data.

   IoT devices, however, have limitations in terms of processing power,
   memory, user interface, Internet connectivity, etc.  Since many use
   cases span Web and IoT environments and the question of "Web" vs.
   "IoT" can in some cases be considered a continuum, it is required to
   find security solutions that can accommodate the capabilities and
   constraints of both environments without significant compromises.

   Thus, an approach of adapting already standardized and deployed
   authentication and authorization technologies is worth examining.
   This document describes how the Web Authorization Protocol (OAuth) in
   combination with User-Managed Access (UMA) can be used for an IoT
   environment to bring Web-scale authorization services to the IoT
   world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-maler-ace-oauth-uma/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-maler-ace-oauth-uma-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/