Subject: I-D Action: draft-ladas-manet-cmlv2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 06:40:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ChaMeLeon Version 2 (CMLv2): A multipath hybrid routing protocol
        Authors         : Alexandros D. Ladas
                          Nuwan Weerasinghe
                          Christos Politis
                          Olayinka Adigun
                          Olayinka Adigun
	Filename        : draft-ladas-manet-cmlv2-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   This document describes the ChaMeLeon Version 2 (CMLv2) routing protocol
   designed for Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs). CMLv2 is a multi-path,
   hybrid routing protocol operating within a defined area denoted as the
   Critical Area (CA). The main concept behind CMLv2 is the adaptability of
   its routing mechanisms towards changes in the physical and logical state
   of a MANET. For autonomous communications, there is a likelihood
   that the network size will vary whenever more devices join or leave the
   network. In addition, battery depletion of lightweight mobile
   communication devices will stipulate another reason for changes in the
   network size. Hence, CMLv2 adapts its routing behavior according to
   changes in the network size within a pre-defined CA. For small networks,
   CMLv2 routes data proactively using the Optimized Link State Routing
   version v2 (OLSRv2) protocol whereas for larger networks it utilizes the
   reactive Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Version 2 (AODVv2) Routing
   protocol. These transitions occur via the oscillation phase, which is
   maintained from CMLv1. CMLv2 creates multi-path routes  for nodes with
   disjoint paths thereby increasing the reliability of the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ladas-manet-cmlv2/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ladas-manet-cmlv2-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/