Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-sfc-transport-network-usecase-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 19:27:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Usecase of SFC for VCPE in the transport network
        Authors         : Qiao Fu
                          Hui Deng
                          Weiqiang Cheng
	Filename        : draft-fu-sfc-transport-network-usecase-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-08

Abstract:
   This document proposes a usecase of Service Function Chaining(SFC) to
   realize Virtual Customer Premises Equipment (VCPE) in the transport
   network.  In this document, the concept of VCPE is introduced into
   the transport network to provide value-added services for the
   enterprise customers.  The SFC is used to realize the VCPE and chains
   different services according to the requirement of the customers.
   Such architecture can provide value-added and self-defined services
   to the customers.  In the meantime, SDN controller is utilized in the
   usecase to direct certain traffic flows to the VCPE.  This usecase
   provides a practical mechanism to offer value-added and self-defined
   services in the transport network without complicating the CPE
   devices or increase OPEX and CAPEX cost.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-sfc-transport-network-usecase/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-sfc-transport-network-usecase-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/