Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 02:42:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Bootstrapping over IEEE 802.15.4 in selective order
        Authors         : Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Peter van der Stok
	Filename        : draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-03-04

Abstract:
   Low-resource devices in a Low-resource and Lossy Network (LLN) can be
   based on a mesh network using the IEEE 802.15.4 link standard.
   Security in these networks MUST be enforced at the link level.
   Provisioning the devices in a secure manner with keys (often called
   security bootstrapping) to encrypt and authenticate the link-layer
   messages is the subject of this specification.  This proposal
   distinguishes itself from other bootstrap proposals by requiring that
   the devices can be secured in an order determined by the needs of the
   installation procedure.  Other proposals use an "onion model", where
   first the devices one-hop away from the initial device (often the
   border router) are secured, followed by the devices that are one-hop
   away from already secured devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-6lo-selective-bootstrap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/