Subject: I-D Action: draft-hegde-ospf-link-overload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 15:57:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF Link Overload
        Authors         : Shraddha Hegde
                          Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-hegde-ospf-link-overload-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Many OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 deployments run on overlay networks provisioned
   by means of pseudo-wires or L2-circuits. when the devices in the
   underlying network go for maintenance, it is useful to divert the
   traffic away from the node before the maintenance is actually
   scheduled.  Since the nodes in the underlying network are not visible
   to OSPF, existing stub router mechanism described in [RFC3137] cannot
   be used.  It is useful for routers in OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain
   to be able to advertise a link being in overload state to indicate
   impending maintenance activity in the underlying network devices.

   This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate link
   overload information in OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hegde-ospf-link-overload/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hegde-ospf-link-overload-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/