Subject: I-D Action: draft-beeram-mpls-rsvp-te-scaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 05:41:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RSVP-TE Scalability - Recommendations
        Authors         : Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Ina Minei
                          Yakov Rekhter
                          Ebben Aries
                          Dante Pacella
	Filename        : draft-beeram-mpls-rsvp-te-scaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-03-07

Abstract:
    RSVP-TE [RFC3209] describes the use of standard RSVP [RFC2205] to
    establish Label Switched Paths (LSPs). As such, RSVP-TE inherited
    some properties of RSVP that adversely affect its control plane
    scalability. Specifically these properties are (a) reliance on
    periodic refreshes for state synchronization between RSVP neighbors
    and for recovery from lost RSVP messages, (b) reliance on refresh
    timeout for stale state cleanup, and (c) lack of any mechanisms by
    which a receiver of RSVP messages can apply back pressure to the
    sender(s) of these messages.

    Subsequent to [RFC2205] and [RFC3209] further enhancements to RSVP
    and RSVP-TE have been developed. In this document we describe how an
    implementation of RSVP-TE can use these enhancements to address the
    above mentioned properties to improve RSVP-TE control plane
    scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-beeram-mpls-rsvp-te-scaling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-beeram-mpls-rsvp-te-scaling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/