Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 04:19:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : AQM Characterization Guidelines
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Naeem Khademi
                          David Ros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2015-03-05

Abstract:
   Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
   of performance issues.  These performance issues can be addressed by
   some form of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism, optionally in
   combination with a packet scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.
   The IETF Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling working group
   was formed to standardize AQM schemes that are robust, easily
   implementable, and successfully deployable in today's networks.  This
   document describes various criteria for performing precautionary
   characterizations of AQM proposals.  This document also helps in
   ascertaining whether any given AQM proposal should be taken up for
   standardization by the AQM WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/