Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 08:30:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Subscriptions for the REFER Method
        Author          : Robert Sparks
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-03-03

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER request, as defined by
   RFC3515, triggers an implicit SIP-Specific Event Notification
   framework subscription.  Conflating the start of the subscription
   with handling the REFER request makes negotiating SUBSCRIBE
   extensions impossible, and complicates avoiding SIP dialog sharing.
   This document defines extensions to REFER to remove the implicit
   subscription and, if desired, replace it with an explicit one.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-explicit-subscription-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/