Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-6man-scale-large-datacenter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:55:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving Scalability of Switching Systems in Large Data Centers
        Authors         : Ming Zhang
                          Shyam Kapadia
                          Liqin Dong
	Filename        : draft-zhang-6man-scale-large-datacenter-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Server virtualization has been overwhelmingly accepted especially in
   cloud-based data centers. Accompanied with expansion of services and
   technology advancements, the size of a data center has increased
   significantly. There could be hundreds or thousands of physical servers
   installed in a single large data center which implies that the number
   of Virtual Machines (VMs) could be in the order of millions.
   Effectively supporting millions of VMs with limited hardware resources,
   becomes a real challenge to networking vendors. This document describes a
   method to scale a switching system with limited hardware resources
   using IPv6 in large data center environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-6man-scale-large-datacenter/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-6man-scale-large-datacenter-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/