Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 02:31:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Network Policy Framework using YANG Data Models
        Authors         : Daniel King
                          Zitao Wang
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm-01.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The purpose of a Network Policy System is to manage and control a
   network as a whole.  To achieve this purpose, network operators need
   to control the behavior of the individual entities that comprise the
   network, and this control needs to be harmonized across multiple
   entities.  For example, to control the access to a network, the
   operator must control the behavior at all of network elements at the
   edge of the network, and must apply consistent policies at those
   elements.

   Network Services are provided by network operators to their customers
   using the resources of the network.  To effectively control a
   network, the operator must have knowledge of network services
   supported by the network, as well as knowledge of the network
   resource utilization and the capabilities of each network entity.
   Control of the network to deliver the network services will involve
   applying policy at individual network entities and across the whole
   network, as well as controlling and allocating the resources within
   the network.

   This document describes a common framework and common core YANG data
   model for network policies.  The framework can be applied to deliver
   various different network services by controlling the policies that
   enable features such as Constraint-based Routing, Network QoS,
   Traffic engineering, network management, etc.  In future, the core
   data model could be augmented by additional YANG data modules
   modeling and configuring policy-related protocols and functions.  The
   policy data model described in this document provides common building
   blocks for such extensions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-netmod-yang-policy-dm-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/