Subject: I-D Action: draft-jain-nvo3-overlay-oam-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 16:26:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generic Overlay OAM and Datapath Failure Detection
        Authors         : Pradeep Jain
                          Kanwar Singh
                          Diego Garcia del Rio
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Vinay Bannai
                          Ravi Shekhar
                          Anil Lohiya
	Filename        : draft-jain-nvo3-overlay-oam-03.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2015-03-06

Abstract:
   This proposal describes a mechanism that can be used to detect Data
   Path Failures of various overlay technologies as VXLAN, NVGRE,
   MPLSoGRE and MPLSoUDP and verifying/sanity of their Control and Data
   Plane for given Overlay Segment.  This document defines the following
   for each of the above Overlay Technologies:

   o  Encapsulation of OAM Packet, such that it has same Outer and
      Overlay Header as any End-System's data going over the same
      Overlay Segment.

   o  The mechanism to trace the Underlay that is exercised by any
      Overlay Segment.

   o  Procedure to verify presence of any given Tenant VM or End-System
      within a given Overlay Segment at Overlay End-Point.

   Even though the present proposal addresses Overlay OAM for VXLAN,
   NVGRE, MPLSoGRE and MPLSoUDP, but the procedures described are
   generic enough to accommodate OAM for any other Overlay Technology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jain-nvo3-overlay-oam/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jain-nvo3-overlay-oam-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jain-nvo3-overlay-oam-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/