Subject: I-D Action: draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:56:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Managing the Authorization to Authorize in the Lifecycle of a Constrained Device
        Author          : Stefanie Gerdes
	Filename        : draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   Constrained nodes are devices which are limited in terms of
   processing power, memory, non-volatile storage and transmission
   capacity.  Due to these constraints, commonly used security protocols
   are not easily applicable.  Nevertheless, an authentication and
   authorization solution is needed to ensure the security of these
   devices.

   During the lifecycle of a constrained device, responsibility for
   managing authorization policies for the constrained device may change
   several times.  To ensure the security of the constrained devices,
   the authorization to authorize must be transferred to the new
   principal in a secure way.

   The Delegated CoAP Authorization Framework (DCAF) specifies how
   resource-constrained nodes can delegate defined authentication- and
   authorization-related tasks to less-constrained devices called
   Authorization Managers, thus limiting the hardware requirements of
   the security solution for the constrained devices.

   This document defines how DCAF can be used to manage the
   Authorization Manager of a constrained device and introduces a
   flexible authorization solution for the whole lifecycle of a
   constrained device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/