Subject: I-D Action: draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:09:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS-Based Hierarchical SDN for Hyper-Scale DC/Cloud
        Authors         : Luyuan Fang
                          Vijay Gill
                          Fabio Chiussi
                          Chandra Ramachandran
                          Shahram Davari
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Barak Gafni
                          Andrew Qu
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Yakov Rekhter
	Filename        : draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   This document describes Hierarchical SDN (HSDN), an architectural
   solution to scale the Data Center (DC) and Data Center Interconnect
   (DCI) networks to support tens of millions of physical underlay
   endpoints, while efficiently handling both Equal Cost Multi Path
   (ECMP) load-balanced traffic and any-to-any end-to-end Traffic
   Engineered (TE) traffic. HSDN achieves massive scale using
   surprisingly small forwarding tables in the network nodes. HSDN
   introduces a new paradigm for both forwarding and control planes, in
   that all paths in the network are pre-established in the forwarding
   tables and the labels can identify entire paths rather than simply
   destinations.  The HSDN forwarding architecture is based on four main
   concepts: 1. Dividing the DC and DCI in a hierarchically-partitioned
   structure; 2. Assigning groups of Underlay Border Nodes in charge of
   forwarding within each partition; 3. Constructing HSDN MPLS label
   stacks to identify endpoints and paths according to the HSDN
   structure; and 4. Forwarding using the HSDN MPLS labels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fang-mpls-hsdn-for-hsdc-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/