Subject: I-D Action: draft-iana-charset-reg-procedure-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:08:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IANA Charset Registration Procedures
        Authors         : Mark Mcfadden
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-iana-charset-reg-procedure-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-04-24

Abstract:
   Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) (RFC-2045, RFC-2046,
   RFC-2047, RFC-2231) and various other Internet protocols are capable
   of using many different charsets.  This in turn means that the
   ability to label different charsets is essential.

   This document obsoletes the IANA Charset Registration Procedures
   originally defined in [RFC2978].  Specifically, this document
   completely revises the registration procedures and the charset
   registries.  The charset registry is now divided into three parts
   with separate registration procedures for each.

   Note: The charset registration procedure exists solely to associate a
   specific name or names with a given charset and to give an indication
   of whether or not a given charset can be used in MIME text objects.
   In particular, the general applicability and appropriateness of a
   given registered charset to a particular application is a protocol
   issue, not a registration issue, and is not dealt with by this
   registration procedure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iana-charset-reg-procedure/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iana-charset-reg-procedure-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iana-charset-reg-procedure-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/