Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhattacharyya-dice-less-on-coap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 02:43:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Lightweight Establishment of Secure Session (LESS) on CoAP
        Authors         : Abhijan Bhattacharyya
                          Soma Bandyopadhyay
                          Arijit Ukil
                          Tulika Bose
                          Arpan Pal
	Filename        : draft-bhattacharyya-dice-less-on-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-04-17

Abstract:
   This draft presents an experimental work proposing a lightweight
   secure session establishment scheme to mutually authenticate two
   endpoints and share the session key. It works on symmetric
   cryptosystem with pre-shared secret between the endpoints during
   provisioning. The main algorithm is proposed as a generic concept.
   This draft further describes how the generic concept can be modeled
   as simple CoAP request/response pairs. Thus the proposed scheme
   enables CoAP with inherent security which might be useful for object
   security without requiring any secure transport. Still further, this
   draft demonstrates how the scheme could be integrated with the
   record encryption mechanism of DTLS-PSK. It reuses the DTLS session
   parameter structure without any modification. Thus channel security
   for the whole application message can be provided. So the scheme is
   a cross-layer mechanism such that the session establishment is
   performed in CoAP and channel encryption is performed in the
   transport layer reusing only the record encryption mechanism of
   DTLS-PSK. The scheme uses all standard encryption libraries. The
   lightweight nature and performance improvement is demonstrated with
   some supporting comparative results.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhattacharyya-dice-less-on-coap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhattacharyya-dice-less-on-coap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/