Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:15:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) SCSI Layout
        Author          : Christoph Hellwig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-04-25

Abstract:
   Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends Network File Sharing version 4 (RFC5661)
   to allow clients to directly access file data on the storage used by
   the NFSv4 server.  This ability to bypass the server for data access
   can increase both performance and parallelism, but requires
   additional client functionality for data access, some of which is
   dependent on the class of storage used.  The main pNFS operations
   document specifies storage-class-independent extensions to NFS, the
   pNFS Block/Volume Layout (RFC5663) specifies the additional
   extensions for use of pNFS with block-and volume-based storage, while
   this document provides extensions to the pNFS Block/Volume Layout
   document to provide reliable fencing and better device
   discoverability for SCSI based shared storage devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-scsi-layout-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/