Subject: I-D Action: draft-gellens-slim-negotiating-human-language-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:07:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Negotiating Human Language in Real-Time Communications
        Author          : Randall Gellens
	Filename        : draft-gellens-slim-negotiating-human-language-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-04-06

Abstract:
   Users have various human (natural) language needs, abilities, and
   preferences regarding spoken, written, and signed languages.  When
   establishing interactive communication ("calls") there needs to be a
   way to negotiate (communicate and match) the caller's language and
   media needs with the capabilities of the called party.  This is
   especially important with emergency calls, where a call can be routed
   to a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or call taker capable of
   communicating with the user, or a translator or relay operator can be
   bridged into the call during setup, but this applies to non-emergency
   calls as well (as an example, when calling a company call center).

   This document describes the need and expected use, and describes a
   solution using new SDP stream attributes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gellens-slim-negotiating-human-language/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gellens-slim-negotiating-human-language-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gellens-slim-negotiating-human-language-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/