Subject: I-D Action: draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:08:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cryptographic protection of TCP Streams (tcpcrypt)
        Authors         : Andrea Bittau
                          Dan Boneh
                          Daniel B. Giffin
                          Mike Hamburg
                          Mark Handley
                          David Mazieres
                          Quinn Slack
	Filename        : draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2015-04-23

Abstract:
   This document presents tcpcrypt, a TCP extension for
   cryptographically protecting TCP connections.  Tcpcrypt maintains the
   confidentiality of data transmitted in TCP connections against a
   passive eavesdropper.  Additionally, applications that perform
   authentication can obtain end-to-end confidentiality and integrity
   guarantees by tying authentication to tcpcrypt Session ID values.

   The extension defines a new TCP option, CRYPT, which is designed to
   provide compatible interworking with TCPs that do not implement
   tcpcrypt.  The CRYPT option allows hosts to negotiate the use of
   tcpcrypt and establish shared, secret encryption keys.  These keys
   are then used with an authenticated-encryption mode to protect both
   the confidentiality and the integrity of transmitted application
   data.  Tcpcrypt is designed to require relatively low overhead,
   particularly at servers, so as to be useful even in the case of
   servers accepting many TCP connections per second.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/