Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-nwcrg-fecframev2-problem-position-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 07:05:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : FECFRAMEv2: Adding Sliding Encoding Window Capabilities to the FEC Framework: Problem Position
        Author          : Vincent Roca
	Filename        : draft-roca-nwcrg-fecframev2-problem-position-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-04-12

Abstract:
   The Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework (or FECFRAME) (RFC 6363)
   has been defined by the FECFRAME IETF WG to enable the use of FEC
   Encoding with real-time flows in a flexible manner.  The original
   FECFRAME specification only considers the use of block FEC codes,
   wherein the input flow(s) is(are) segmented into a sequence of blocks
   and FEC encoding performed independently on a per-block basis.  This
   document discusses an extension of FECFRAME in order to enable a
   sliding (potentially elastic) window encoding of the input flow(s),
   using convolutional FEC codes for the erasure channel, as an
   alternative to block FEC codes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-nwcrg-fecframev2-problem-position/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-nwcrg-fecframev2-problem-position-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/