Subject: I-D Action: draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:50:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv4 with 64 bit Address Space
        Author          : William Chimiak
	Filename        : draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-04-15

Abstract:
   This document describes a solution to the Internet address depletion
   problem through use of a clever IPv4 options mechanism as a solution.
   This IPv4 protocol extension is called enhanced IP (EnIP).  Because
   it is IPv4, it maximizes backward compatibility while increasing
   address space by a factor of 17.9 million.  Unlike other similar
   proposals, care was taken to avoid costly changes and requirements to
   the core network and border routers, with the exception that options
   be passed in that equipment as described below.  Because it is
   backward compatible, current IPv4 software, network equipment,
   firewalls, intrusion detection/protection, and layer 5 firewalls can
   be maintained until IPv6 system information security reaches
   acceptable maturity and availability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chimiak-enhanced-ipv4-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/