Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 18:28:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Recognized Transformations of Messages Bearing DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
        Author          : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-04-05

Abstract:
   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) introduced a mechanism whereby a
   mail operator can affix a signature to a message that validates at
   the level of the signer's domain name.  It specified two possible
   ways of converting the message body to a canonical form, one
   intolerant of changes and the other tolerant of simple changes to
   whitespace within the message body.

   The provided canonicalization schemes do not tolerate changes in a
   message such as conversion between transfer encodings or addition of
   new message content.  It is useful to have these capabilities to
   allow for transport through gateways, and also for transport through
   handlers (such as mailing list services) that might add content that
   would invalidate a signature generated using the existing
   canonicalization schemes.

   This document presents a mechanism for declaring that a message
   underwent one of a handful of well-defined transformations, so that a
   verifier might rewind such a modification and thereby confirm that
   the signature still verifies against the original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/