Subject: I-D Action: draft-jlulla-whois-ip-validation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 17:17:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : WHOIS service extension
        Author          : Jitendra Lulla
	Filename        : draft-jlulla-whois-ip-validation-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2015-04-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a service of providing a hint score of
   name-ip validation by whois servers. The whois servers will receive
   requests to provide a hint on degree of associativity between
   given name and IP pairs. This service may be used to acertain that
   the host a client intends to communicate with is indeed the host
   the client expects it to be. While establishing secure sessions,
   this service may also be used on top of certificate validation to
   detect any possibility of a trusted CA's issuing a fake
   certificate for the server in question.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jlulla-whois-ip-validation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jlulla-whois-ip-validation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/