Subject: I-D Action: draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:45:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics
        Authors         : Michael Sweet
                          Ira McDonald
	Filename        : draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 238
	Date            : 2015-04-25

Abstract:
   This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe
   all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
   application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
   using Internet tools and technologies.  This document describes a
   simplified model consisting of abstract objects, their attributes,
   and their operations that is independent of encoding and transport.
   The model consists of a Printer and a Job object.  A Job optionally
   supports multiple documents.  IPP 1.1 semantics allow end-users and
   operators to query printer capabilities, submit print jobs, inquire
   about the status of print jobs and printers, cancel, hold, release,
   and restart print jobs.  IPP 1.1 semantics allow operators to pause,
   resume, and purge (jobs from) Printer objects.  This document also
   addresses security, internationalization, and directory issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/