Subject: I-D Action: draft-martinsen-tram-turnbandwidthprobe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 00:35:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Bandwidth Probe
        Authors         : Paal-Erik Martinsen
                          Trond Andersen
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Marc Petit-Huguenin
	Filename        : draft-martinsen-tram-turnbandwidthprobe-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-05-29

Abstract:
   Performing pre-call probing to discover a reasonable value for the
   available bandwidth, is useful information that can be utilized by
   bandwidth sensitive or bandwidth intensive network devices (e.g.,
   video encoders).  The method described herein is intended to produce
   an initial bandwidth value.  Applications using this mechanism should
   also employ appropriate rate adaptation techniques.  In addition to
   bandwidth, latency and bufferbloat can also be measured.  No
   modification is needed on the server side.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-martinsen-tram-turnbandwidthprobe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martinsen-tram-turnbandwidthprobe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/