Subject: I-D Action: draft-pang-nvo3-vxlan-path-detection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:12:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Detection in VXLAN Overlay Network
        Authors         : Junying Pang
                          Jie Cao
                          Dapeng Liu
                          Dacheng Zhang
                          Yizhou Li
                          Hao Chen
                          David Zhou
                          Bojian Wang
                          Ruichang Gao
                          Yan Qiao
	Filename        : draft-pang-nvo3-vxlan-path-detection-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-05-21

Abstract:
   In VXLAN overlay networks, Operation and Management(OAM)functions are
   important for fault management and performance monitoring. Path
   Detection(PD) is one critical OAM function which is applied to
   monitor and/or diagnose the potential paths between two VTEPs or
   between two Tenant System. In addition, it can assist to identify the
   locations of failures on data transmission paths.

   This document specifies a method of PD method for VXLAN Overlay
   Networks by using a centralized controller. However,the method can be
   easily extended to support the overlay networks without a centrilized
   controller. It can also be generalized to other overlay technique
   such as NVGRE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pang-nvo3-vxlan-path-detection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pang-nvo3-vxlan-path-detection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/