Subject: I-D Action: draft-keyupate-idr-i2rs-bgp-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 22:47:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for an Interface to BGP Protocol
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Russ White
                          Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-keyupate-idr-i2rs-bgp-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-05-31

Abstract:
   A network routing protocol like BGP is typically configured and
   analyzed through some form of Command Line Interface (CLI) or
   NETCONF.  These interactions to control BGP and diagnose its
   operation encompass: configuration of protocol parameters, display of
   protocol data, setting of certain protocol state and debugging of the
   protocol.

   Interface to the Routing System's (I2RS) Programmatic interfaces
   provides an alternate way to control and diagnose the operation of
   the BGP protocol.  I2RS may be used for the configuration,
   manipulation, analyzing or collecting the protocol data.  This
   document describes set of use cases for which I2RS can be used for
   BGP protocol.  It is intended to provide a base for the solution
   draft describing a set of interfaces to the BGP protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keyupate-idr-i2rs-bgp-usecases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keyupate-idr-i2rs-bgp-usecases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/