Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 11:49:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Benefits of using Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-05-05

Abstract:
   The goal of this document is to describe the potential benefits when
   applications use a transport that enables Explicit Congestion
   Notification (ECN).  The document outlines the principal gains in
   terms of increased throughput, reduced delay and other benefits when
   ECN is used over network paths that include equipment that supports
   ECN-marking.  It also describes methods that can help successful
   deployment of ECN.  It does not propose new algorithms to use ECN,
   nor does it describe the details of implementation of ECN in endpoint
   devices (Internet hosts), routers or other network devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/