Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-mpls-self-ping-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 06:53:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : LSP Self-Ping
        Authors         : Ravi Torvi
                          Ron Bonica
                          Ina Minei
                          Michael Conn
                          Dante Pacella
                          Luis Tomotaki
                          Mark Wygant
	Filename        : draft-bonica-mpls-self-ping-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-05-18

Abstract:
   When certain RSVP-TE optimizations are implemented, ingress LSRs can
   receive RSVP RESV messages before forwarding state has been installed
   on all downstream nodes.  According to the RSVP-TE specification, the
   ingress LSR can forward traffic through an LSP as soon as it receives
   a RESV message.  However, if the ingress LSR forwards traffic through
   the LSP before forwarding state has been installed on all downstream
   nodes, traffic can be lost.

   This memo describes LSP Self-ping.  When an ingress LSR receives an
   RESV message, it can invoke LSP Self-ping procedures to ensure that
   forwarding state has been installed on all downstream nodes.

   LSP Self-ping is an extremely light-weight mechanism.  It does not
   consume control plane resources on transit or egress LSRs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-mpls-self-ping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-mpls-self-ping-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bonica-mpls-self-ping-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/