Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-strint-report-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:56:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Report from the Strengthening the Internet (STRINT) workshop
        Authors         : Stephen Farrell
                          Rigo Wenning
                          Bert Bos
                          Marc Blanchet
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-iab-strint-report-01.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2015-05-23

Abstract:
   The Strengthening the Internet (STRINT) workshop assembled one
   hundred participants in London for two days in early 2014 to discuss
   how the technical community, and in particular the IETF and the W3C,
   should react to Pervasive Monitoring and more generally how to
   strengthen the Internet in the face of such attacks.  The discussions
   covered issues of terminology, the role of user interfaces, classes
   of mitigation, some specific use cases, transition strategies
   (including opportunistic encryption), and more.  The workshop ended
   with a few high-level recommendations, which it is believed could be
   implemented and which could help strengthen the Internet.  This is
   the report of that workshop.

   Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
   workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
   views and positions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-strint-report/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-strint-report-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-strint-report-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/