Subject: I-D Action: draft-ogud-fake-nxdomain-type-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 10:30:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Signaling NSEC record owner name nonexistence
        Authors         : Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Filippo Valsorda
	Filename        : draft-ogud-fake-nxdomain-type-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2015-05-07

Abstract:
   DNSSEC was to large extent designed for off-line signing.  A number
   of new opportunities arise when on-line signing is used.  In negative
   answers case there is no real need for the wildcard proof and the
   server can just state that the queried name and type do not exist in
   a single NSEC/NSEC3 record.  But such a minimally covering NSEC
   record that shares the name with the query name can not set the
   NXDOMAIN RCODE.  Still, some applications want to explicitly know if
   the name does exist.  This document allocates a new DNS RRtype that
   can be used to signal nonexistence of the owner names of NSEC/NSEC3
   records.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ogud-fake-nxdomain-type/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ogud-fake-nxdomain-type-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/