Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 12:12:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Anonymity profile for DHCP clients
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Suresh Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-05-19

Abstract:
   Some DHCP options carry unique identifiers.  These identifiers can
   enable device tracking even if the device administrator takes care of
   randomizing other potential identifications like link-layer addresses
   or IPv6 addresses.  The anonymity profile is designed for clients
   that wish to remain anonymous to the visited network.  The profile
   provides guidelines on the composition of DHCP or DHCPv6 requests,
   designed to minimize disclosure of identifying information.  This
   draft updates RFC4361.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-anonymity-profile-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/