Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:49:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Wendy Roome
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-05-22

Abstract:
   The ALTO (Application Layer-Traffic Optimization) Protocol
   ([RFC7285]) defines several services that return various metrics
   describing the costs between network endpoints.  For example, when
   downloading a file that is mirrored on several sites, a user
   application may use these ALTO cost metrics to determine the most
   efficient mirror site.

   An ALTO Server may offer a variety of cost metrics, based on latency,
   bandwidth, hop count, jitter, or whatever else the ALTO Server deems
   useful.  When selecting a mirror site, a client may consider more
   than one metric, perhaps trading bandwidth for latency.  While the
   base ALTO Protocol allows a client to use more than one cost metric,
   to do so, the client must request each metric separately.  This
   document defines a new service that allows a client to retrieve
   several cost metrics with one request, which is considerably more
   efficient.  In addition, this document extends the ALTO constraint
   tests to allow a user to specify an arbitrary logical combination of
   tests on several cost metrics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/