Subject: I-D Action: draft-clausen-manet-rfc5444-usage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 01:12:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Rules For Designing Protocols Using the RFC5444 Generalized Packet/ Message Format
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Henning Rogge
	Filename        : draft-clausen-manet-rfc5444-usage-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-05-28

Abstract:
   This document updates the generalized MANET packet/message format,
   specified in RFC5444, by providing prescriptive guidelines for how
   protocols can use that packet/message format.  In particular, these
   mandatory guidelines prohibit a number of uses of RFC5444 that have
   been suggested in various proposals, and which would have lead to
   interoperability problems, to impediment of protocol extension
   development, and to inability to use generic RFC5444 parsers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clausen-manet-rfc5444-usage/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clausen-manet-rfc5444-usage-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/