Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-nh-cost-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 02:58:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Carrying next-hop cost information in BGP
        Authors         : Ilya Varlashkin
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Keyur Patel
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-nh-cost-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-05-16

Abstract:
   BGPLS provides a mechanism by which Link state and traffic
   engineering information can be collected from internal networks and
   shared with external network routers using BGP.  BGPLS defines a new
   Address Family to exchange this information using BGP.

   BGP Optimal Route Reflection (ORR) provides a mechanism for a
   centralized BGP Route Reflector to acheive requirements of a Hot
   Potato Routing as described in Section 11 of [RFC4456].  Optimal
   Route Reflection requires BGP ORR to overwrite the default IGP
   location placement of the route reflector; which is used for
   determining cost to the nexthop contained in the path.

   This draft augments BGPLS and defines a new extensions to exchange
   cost information to next-hops for the purpose of calculating best
   path from a peer perspective rather than local BGP speaker own
   perspective.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-nh-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-nh-cost-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-nh-cost-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/