Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-flowspec-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 23:56:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Extensions for Flow Specification
        Authors         : Qiandeng Liang
                          Jianjie You
                          Nan Wu
                          Peng Fan
                          Keyur Patel
                          Acee Lindem
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-flowspec-extensions-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-06-21

Abstract:
   Dissemination of the Traffic flow information was first introduced in
   the BGP protocol [RFC5575].  FlowSpec routes are used to distribute
   traffic filtering rules that are used to filter Denial-of-Service
   (DoS) attacks.  For the networks that only deploy an IGP (Interior
   Gateway Protocol) (e.g., OSPF), it is required that the IGP is
   extended to distribute Flow Specification or FlowSpec routes.

   This document discusses the use cases for distributing flow
   specification (FlowSpec) routes using OSPF.  Furthermore, this
   document defines a OSPF FlowSpec Opaque Link State Advertisement
   (LSA) encoding format that can be used to distribute FlowSpec routes,
   its validation procedures for imposing the filtering information on
   the routers, and a capability to indicate the support of FlowSpec
   functionality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-flowspec-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-flowspec-extensions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/