Subject: I-D Action: draft-flanagan-plaintext-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 06:28:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs
        Author          : Heather Flanagan
	Filename        : draft-flanagan-plaintext-06.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-06-21

Abstract:
   In 2013, after a great deal of community discussion, the decision was
   made to shift from the plain-text, ASCII-only canonical format for
   RFCs to XML as the canonical format.  The high-level requirements
   that informed this change were defined in RFC6949, "RFC Series Format
   Requirements and Future Development."  Plain text is still an
   important format for many in the IETF community, and will still be
   one of the publication formats rendered from the XML.  This draft
   documents the rendering requirements for the plain-text RFC
   publication format.  These requirements do not apply to plain-text
   RFCs published before the format transition.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-flanagan-plaintext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-flanagan-plaintext-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-flanagan-plaintext-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/