Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:34:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP ACCEPT_OWN Community Attribute
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          David J. Smith
                          Robert Raszuk
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-10.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-06-24

Abstract:
   Under certain conditions it is desirable for a Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) route reflector to be able to modify the Route Target
   (RT) list of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) route that the route
   reflector distributes, enabling the route reflector to control how a
   route originated within one Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) is
   imported into other VRFs.  This technique works effectively as long
   as the VRF that exports the route is not on the same Provider Edge
   (PE) router than the VRF(s) that import the route.  However, due to
   the constraints of the BGP protocol, it does not work if the two are
   on the same PE.  This document describes a modification to the BGP
   protocol allowing this technique to work when the VRFs are on the
   same PE, and to be used in a standard manner throughout an autonomous
   system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/