Subject: I-D Action: draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 06:31:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Simplified Use of Policy Abstractions (SUPA)
        Authors         : Georgios Karagiannis
                          John Strassner
                          Qiong Sun
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Parviz Yegani
                          Jun Bi
	Filename        : draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-07.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-06-07

Abstract:
   The increase in complexity of modern networks makes it challenging to
   deploy new services and to keep networks up to date whilst
   maintaining stability and availability for critical business
   services. This is a major challenge that network operators (service
   providers, SME, etc) face today. The operators aim of streamlining
   both operations and the deployment of new services, is being met by
   increasingly relying on (1) software abstractions to simplify the
   design and configuration of monitoring and control operations and (2)
   the use of programmatic control over the configuration and operation
   of such networks.
   In this context, providing network operators with a generic policy-
   based management model that can be used to express policies on top
   of arbitrary configuration data models is essential.

   In particular, SUPA addresses the needs of operators and application
   developers to use a generic policy-based management model for
   defining and representing multiple types of policy rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-karagiannis-supa-problem-statement-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/