Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosen-idr-tunnel-encaps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:15:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute without the BGP Encapsulation SAFI
        Authors         : Eric C. Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Gunter Van de Velde
	Filename        : draft-rosen-idr-tunnel-encaps-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2015-06-25

Abstract:
   RFC 5512 defines a BGP Path Attribute known as the "Tunnel
   Encapsulation Attribute".  This attribute allows one to specify a set
   of tunnels.  For each such tunnel, the attribute can provide
   additional information used to create a tunnel and the corresponding
   encapsulation header, and can also provide information that aids in
   choosing whether a particular packet is to be sent through a
   particular tunnel.  RFC 5512 states that the attribute is only
   carried in BGP UPDATEs that have the "Encapsulation Subsequent
   Address Family (Encapsulation SAFI)".  This document updates RFC 5512
   by removing that restriction, and by specifying semantics for the
   attribute when it is carried in UPDATEs of certain other SAFIs.  This
   document also extends the attribute by enabling it to carry
   additional information needed to create the encapsulation headers
   additional tunnel types not mentioned in RFC 5512.  Finally, this
   document also extends the attribute by allowing it to specify a
   remote tunnel endpoint address for each tunnel.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosen-idr-tunnel-encaps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosen-idr-tunnel-encaps-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/