Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:43:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Olafur Gudmundsson
                          Paul Ebersman
                          Steve Sheng
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-13.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-06-18

Abstract:
   In many environments offering short-term or temporary Internet access
   (such as coffee shops), it is common to start new connections in a
   captive portal mode.  This highly restricts what the customer can do
   until the customer has authenticated.

   This document describes a DHCP option (and a RA extension) to inform
   clients that they are behind some sort of captive portal device, and
   that they will need to authenticate to get Internet Access.  It is
   not a full solution to address all of the issues that clients may
   have with captive portals; it is designed to be used in larger
   solutions.

   [ Ed note (remove): This document is being developed in github:
   https://github.com/wkumari/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport . ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/