Subject: I-D Action: draft-yw-spud-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 23:46:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for SPUD
        Authors         : Jianjie You
                          Xinpeng Wei
	Filename        : draft-yw-spud-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-06-28

Abstract:
   The purpose of SPUD is to provide a standardized layer below the
   transport layer, to behavior as a communication channel between the
   host and network devices.  So when a new transport protocol is
   deployed, it's easy for network devices to cooperate with it.  New
   transports could have a common encapsulation to middleboxes.  On the
   other hand, the transport layer could also make use of the state of
   network devices collected by the SPUD, to improve transport
   performance.

   This document provides some exemplary use cases for SPUD, especially
   in stateful firewall and TCP optimization.  The objective of this
   draft is not to cover all conceivable p2a or a2p signaling in detail.
   Rather, the intention is to explain the requirements in these use
   cases as far as it is required to complement the problem statement of
   the SPUD.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yw-spud-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yw-spud-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/