Subject: I-D Action: draft-sp-ippm-monitor-services-kpi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 03:34:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Monitoring Service KPIs using TWAMP
        Authors         : Srivathsa Sarangapani
                          Peyush Gupta
	Filename        : draft-sp-ippm-monitor-services-kpi-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-06-29

Abstract:
   We are introducing a new method to calculate services KPIs and
   metrics in the network using TWAMP protocol.  The services here
   ranging from subscriber aware services to security application,
   Traffic load balancing, content delivery, real time streaming and
   like.The KPIs discussed in this draft include Service Latency,
   Serviced Packets Count, Serviced Subscriber Count, Application
   Liveliness and Session load per Service.  KPIs monitoring of these
   services therefore, play a vital role in optimum usage of network
   resources such as capacity and throughput.  Once we have the
   attributes like service latency, the network topology can be chosen
   to provide better quality of experience to the end user.  For
   different services, the attributes may vary and our design takes care
   of supporting different KPIs for different services model.
   Additionally, liveliness of application and servers can be monitored
   using this proposed solution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sp-ippm-monitor-services-kpi/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sp-ippm-monitor-services-kpi-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/