Subject: I-D Action: draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:39:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure DHCPv4
        Authors         : Sheng Jiang
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-06-24

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) enables
   DHCPv4 servers to pass configuration parameters.  It offers
   configuration flexibility.  If not being secured, DHCPv4 is
   vulnerable to various attacks, particularly spoofing attacks.  This
   document analyzes the security issues of DHCPv4 and specifies a
   Secure DHCPv4 mechanism for communications between DHCPv4 clients and
   servers.  This document provides a DHCPv4 client/server
   authentication mechanism based on sender's public/private key pairs
   or certificates with associated private keys.  The DHCPv4 message
   exchanges are protected by the signature option and the timestamp
   option newly defined in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv4-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/