Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-semi-report-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:12:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IAB Workshop on Stack Evolution in a Middlebox Internet (SEMI) Report
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-iab-semi-report-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-05-28

Abstract:
   The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) through its IP Stack Evolution
   program, the Internet Society, and the Swiss Federal Institute of
   Technology (ETH) Zurich hosted the Stack Evolution in a Middlebox
   Internet (SEMI) workshop in Zurich on 26-27 January 2015 to explore
   the ability to evolve the transport layer in the presence of
   middlebox- and interface-related ossification of the stack.  The goal
   of the workshop was to produce architectural and engineering guidance
   on future work to break the logjam, focusing on incrementally
   deployable approaches with clear incentives to deployment both on the
   endpoints (in new transport layers and applications) as well as on
   middleboxes (run by network operators).  This document summarizes the
   contributions to the workshop, provides an overview of the discussion
   at the workshop, as well as the outcomes and next steps identified by
   the workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
   views and positions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-semi-report/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-semi-report-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/