Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 06:23:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An IETF with Much Diversity and Professional Conduct
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Narelle Clark
	Filename        : draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-06-07

Abstract:
   The process of producing today's Internet technologies, through a
   culture of open participation and diverse collaboration has proved
   strikingly efficient and effective, and it is distinctive among
   standards organizations.  For its early years, participation in the
   IETF and its antecedent was almost entirely composed of well-funded,
   American, white, male engineers, demonstrating a distinctive and
   challenging group dynamic, both in management and in personal
   interactions.  In the case of the IETF, interaction style can often
   contain singularly aggressive behavior, often including singularly
   hostile tone and content.  Groups with greater diversity make better
   decisions.  Obtaining meaningful diversity requires more than generic
   good will and statements of principle.  Many different behaviors can
   serve to reduce participant diversity or participation diversity.
   This document discusses IETF participation, in terms of the nature of
   diversity and practical issues that can increase or decrease it.  The
   document represents the authors' assessments and recommendations,
   following general disussions of the issues in the IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/