Subject: I-D Action: draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 01:09:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Rene Hummen
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2015-06-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
   DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
   HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
   cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
   functions.  In doing so, the main goal is to still deliver similar
   security properties to HIPv2.

   The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
   constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
   be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
   protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
   mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
   802.15.4 networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hip-dex-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/