Subject: I-D Action: draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:09:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
        Authors         : Bilhanan Silverajan
                          Teemu Savolainen
	Filename        : draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-06-20

Abstract:
   CoAP has been standardised as an application level REST-based
   protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
   transmitted using UDP or DTLS as transports.  These transports are
   optimal solutions for CoAP use in IP-based constrained environments
   and nodes.  However compelling motivation exists for allowing CoAP to
   operate with other transports and protocols.  Examples are M2M
   communication in cellular networks using SMS, more suitable transport
   protocols for firewall/NAT traversal, end-to-end reliability and
   security such as TCP and TLS, or employing proxying and tunneling
   gateway techniques such as the WebSocket protocol.  This draft
   examines the requirements for conveying CoAP messages to end points
   over such alternative transports.  It also provides a new URI format
   for representing CoAP resources over alternative transports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/