Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:09:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Decreasing Access Time to Root Servers by Running One on Loopback
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-06-25

Abstract:
   Some DNS recursive resolvers have longer-than-desired round trip
   times to the closest DNS root server.  Some DNS recursive resolver
   operators want to prevent snooping of requests sent to DNS root
   servers by third parties.  Such resolvers can greatly decrease the
   round trip time and prevent observation of requests by running a copy
   of the full root zone on a loopback address (such as 127.0.0.1).
   This document shows how to start and maintain such a copy of the root
   zone that does not pose a threat to other users of the DNS, at the
   cost of adding some operational fragility for the operator.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-root-loopback-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/