Subject: I-D Action: draft-sporny-http-proofs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 23:01:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Proof-based Authentication for HTTP Messages
        Author          : Manu Sporny
	Filename        : draft-sporny-http-proofs-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-06-27

Abstract:
   For a client to access a particular resource on the Web, a server
   must expend a certain amount of computational effort to respond to
   the request.  In some cases this computational effort is sizeable and
   the server may want to only respond to certain clients.  For example,
   in a distributed denial-of-service attack, a server may require all
   clients to expend a certain amount of resources via a client-run
   proof-of-work algorithm to throttle the number of incoming requests
   to a more manageable number.  This document details a new
   authentication scheme for HTTP that may be used to request and
   transmit proofs in HTTP headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sporny-http-proofs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sporny-http-proofs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sporny-http-proofs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/