Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:08:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-06-30

Abstract:
   This memo updates the TCP sender-side reaction to a congestion
   notification received via Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).
   The updated method is less conservative than the TCP reaction in
   response to loss.  The intention is to achieve good throughput when
   the queue at the bottleneck is smaller than the bandwidth-delay-
   product of the connection.  This is more likely when an Active Queue
   Management (AQM) mechanism has ECN-marked a packet than when a packet
   was lost.  Future versions of this document will discuss SCTP as well
   as other transports using ECN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/