Subject: I-D Action: draft-perumal-nfvrg-nfv-compute-acceleration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 00:29:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NFV Compute Acceleration Evaluation and APIs
        Authors         : Bose Perumal
                          Wenjing Chu
                          Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-perumal-nfvrg-nfv-compute-acceleration-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-06-29

Abstract:
   Network functions are being virtualized and moved to industry
   standard servers. Steady growth of traffic volume requires more
   compute power to process the network functions. Network packet based
   architecture provides a lot of scope for parallel processing. Generic
   parallel processing can be done in common multicore platforms like
   GPUs, coprocessors like Intel Xeon Phi[6][7] and Intel[7]/AMD[10]
   multicore CPUs. In this draft to check the feasibility and to exploit
   this parallel processing capability, multi string matching is taken
   as the sample network function for URL filtering. Aho-Corasick
   algorithm has been made use for multi pattern matching.
   Implementation utilizes OpenCL [3] to support many common
   platforms[7][10][11]. A list of optimizations is done, the
   application is tested on Nvidia Tesla K10 GPUs. A common API for NFV
   Compute Acceleration has been proposed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perumal-nfvrg-nfv-compute-acceleration/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perumal-nfvrg-nfv-compute-acceleration-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/