Subject: I-D Action: draft-weis-delay-detection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 16:56:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Delivery Delay Detection Protocol
        Authors         : Brian Weis
                          Umesh Mangla
                          Nilesh Maheshwari
                          Thomas Karl
	Filename        : draft-weis-delay-detection-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-06-01

Abstract:
   This memo describes a one-way measurement of IP packet end to end
   delay.  Delay detection is enabled by a sender of an IP Internet
   Protocol datagram placing a timestamp in the packet declaring the
   time at which it was sent.  The receiver of the datagram can then
   judge how recently it was sent and choose a policy action, which
   could include discarding packets deemed to be 'too old' (having a
   timestamp too far into the past) or 'too new' (having a timestamp
   that is too far into the future).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-delay-detection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-weis-delay-detection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-weis-delay-detection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/