Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trans-threat-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:00:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Public Notary Transparency  Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Threat Analysis for Certificate Transparency
        Author          : Stephen Kent
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trans-threat-analysis-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-06-02

Abstract:
   This document describes a threat model for the Web PKI context in
   which security mechanisms to detect mis-issuance of web site
   certificates will be developed. The threat model covers both
   syntactic and semantic mis-issuance, using a taxonomy of threats
   starting with whether the mis-issuance was done by the CA
   maliciously or not; then whether or not the certificate was logged;
   and then whether the log(s) or monitor(s) are benign or malicious,
   whether the certificate subject is self-monitoring and whether a
   client is doing any checks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trans-threat-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-threat-analysis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/