Subject: I-D Action: draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 15:54:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions
        Authors         : Edward Lopez
                          Diego Lopez
                          Linda Dunbar
                          XiaoJun Zhuang
                          Joe Parrott
                          Ramki Krishnan
                          Seetharama Rao Durbha
	Filename        : draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-06-08

Abstract:
   In the design of interfaces to allow for the provisioning of network
   security functions (NSFs), a critical consideration is to prevent
   the creation of implied constraints.

   This document makes the recommendation that such interfaces be
   designed from the paradigm of processing packets and flows on the
   network. NSFs ultimately are packet-processing engines that inspect
   packets traversing networks, either directly or in context to
   sessions to which the packet is associated. This document serves as
   the framework for detailed work items for I2NSF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/