Subject: I-D Action: draft-moore-ace-oauth-observe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 05:09:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 over Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) for GET with Observe Requests
        Author          : Stephen R Moore
	Filename        : draft-moore-ace-oauth-observe-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for a client or resource server
   utilizing an OAuth 2.0 [RFC6749] authorization server when responding
   to a Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] GET request
   with the Observe option [I-D.ietf-core-observe].  CoAP's Observe
   option has the potential to reduce network traffic by allowing
   clients to get updates on protected resources as the protected
   resource's values change rather than polling the protected resource
   periodically.  A client adding the Observe option to a CoAP GET
   request has the greatest impact on the device providing the protected
   resource since the resource server (RS) has to maintain a list of
   requestors and deal with tokens associated with those requests.
   Additionally an Authorization Server (AS) could potentially allow
   token introspection to happen over a GET request with the Observe
   option, further reducing network usage and heavy lifting on the part
   of the resource server doing the introspection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moore-ace-oauth-observe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-ace-oauth-observe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/