Subject: I-D Action: draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:30:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS Client Puzzles Extension
        Author          : Erik Nygren
	Filename        : draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-07-02

Abstract:
   Client puzzles allow a TLS server to defend itself against asymmetric
   DDoS attacks.  In particular, it allows a server to request clients
   perform a selected amount of computation prior to the server
   performing expensive cryptographic operations.  This allows servers
   to employ a layered defense that represents an improvement over pure
   rate-limiting strategies.

   Client puzzles are implemented as an extension to TLS 1.3
   [I-D.ietf-tls-tls13] wherein a server can issue a HelloRetryRequest
   containing the puzzle as an extension.  The client must then resend
   its ClientHello with the puzzle results in the extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/