Subject: I-D Action: draft-anish-pim-stream-discovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:44:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM source discovery in Last-Hop-Router
        Authors         : Anish Peter
                          Robert Kebler
                          Vikram Nagarajan
	Filename        : draft-anish-pim-stream-discovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   This specification introduces a mechanism in PIM-SM [RFC4601] for the
   Last-Hop-Router (LHR) router to discover the stream information.
   Once this mechanism is available the complications of the shared tree
   procedures can be avoided.

   The document introduces a hard-state, reliable transport for the
   information about multicast streams active in the network.

   This specification uses the existing PIM reliability mechanisms
   defined by PIM Over Reliable Transport [RFC6559].  This is simply a
   means to transmit reliable PIM messages and does not require the
   support for Join/Prune messages over PORT as defined in [RFC6559].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anish-pim-stream-discovery/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anish-pim-stream-discovery-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-anish-pim-stream-discovery-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/