Subject: I-D Action: draft-giust-dmm-cpdp-deployment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 09:17:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deployment of Control-/Data-Plane separation in DMM
        Authors         : Fabio Giust
                          Marco Liebsch
	Filename        : draft-giust-dmm-cpdp-deployment-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The DMM working group is currently looking at solutions for mobility
   management based on control and data plane separation.  In this
   context, the network entities in charge for the mobility control
   function are separated from the data plane nodes, responsible mainly
   for, but not limited to, data packet forwarding.  This vision allows
   for the design of different interaction methods between the mobility
   control function and the data plane nodes.  One of such mechanisms
   being currently discussed devises an SDN-based abstraction layer
   between control and data planes, embodied by an SDN Network
   Controller.  This latter interfaces to the mobility control function
   through a north-bound interface (NBI), and programs the underneath
   infrastructure through a south-bound interface (SBI), e.g., OpenFlow.

   This draft describes multiple deployment scenarios for NBI and SBI
   interworking, given that multiple network controllers could be
   deployed in order to meet performance requirements e.g., related to
   latency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-giust-dmm-cpdp-deployment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-giust-dmm-cpdp-deployment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/