Subject: I-D Action: draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:44:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using ZRTP to Secure WebRTC
        Authors         : Alan Johnston
                          Phil Zimmermann
                          Jon Callas
                          Travis Cross
                          John Yoakum
	Filename        : draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   WebRTC, Web Real-Time Communications, is a set of protocols and APIs
   used to enable web developers to add real-time communications into
   their web pages and applications with a few lines of JavaScript.
   WebRTC media flows are encrypted and authenticated by SRTP, the
   Secure Real-time Transport Protocol while the key agreement is
   provided by DTLS-SRTP, Datagram Transport Layer Security for Secure
   Real-time Transport Protocol.  However, without some third party
   identity service or certificate authority, WebRTC media flows have no
   protection against a man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack.  ZRTP, Media
   Path Key Agreement for Unicast Secure RTP, RFC 6189, does provide
   protection against MitM attackers using key continuity augmented with
   a Short Authentication String (SAS).  This specification describes
   how ZRTP can be used over the WebRTC data channel to provide MitM
   protection for WebRTC media flows keyed using DTLS-SRTP.  This
   provides users protection against MitM attackers without requiring
   browsers to support ZRTP or users to download a plugin or extension
   to implement ZRTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/