Subject: I-D Action: draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:26:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DevOps for Software-Defined Telecom Infrastructures
        Authors         : Catalin Meirosu
                          Antonio Manzalini
                          Juhoon Kim
                          Rebecca Steinert
                          Sachin Sharma
                          Guido Marchetto
                          Ioanna Papafili
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Steven Wright
	Filename        : draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Carrier-grade network management was optimized for environments built
   with monolithic physical nodes and involves significant deployment,
   integration and maintenance efforts from network service providers.
   The introduction of virtualization technologies, from the physical
   layer all the way up to the application layer, however, invalidates
   several well-established assumptions in this domain. This draft opens
   the discussion in NFVRG about challenges related to transforming the
   telecom network infrastructure into an agile, model-driven production
   environment for communication services. We take inspiration from data
   center DevOps regarding how to simplify and automate management
   processes for a telecom service provider software-defined
   infrastructure (SDI). Finally, we introduce challenges associated
   with operationalizing DevOps principles at scale in software-defined
   telecom networks in three areas related to key monitoring,
   verification and troubleshooting processes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-unify-nfvrg-devops/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-unify-nfvrg-devops-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/