Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:26:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Constrained Devices as they are used in the "Internet of Things" need
   security.  One important element of this security is that devices in
   the Internet of Things need to be able to decide which operations
   requested of them should be considered authorized, need to ascertain
   that the authorization to request the operation does apply to the
   actual requester, and need to ascertain that other devices they place
   requests on are the ones they intended.

   On the ACE mailing list, an activity to create specifications for
   such authenticated authorization for constrained devices is
   contemplated, leading to protocol proposals such as
   [I-D.gerdes-ace-dcaf-authorize].

   One potential work item complementing this protocol work is an
   Authorization Information Format (AIF).

   This document provides a strawman for such a format that should
   enable further discussion of the objectives for its development.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/