Subject: I-D Action: draft-snr-bess-evpn-na-flags-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:11:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Propagation of IPv6 Neighbor Advertisement Flags in EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
	Filename        : draft-snr-bess-evpn-na-flags-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The MAC/IP Advertisement route specified in [RFC7432] can optionally
   carry IPv4 and IPv6 addresses associated with a MAC address. Remote
   PEs can use this information to reply locally (act as proxy) to IPv4
   ARP requests and IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation messages and
   reduce/suppress the flooding produced by the Address Resolution
   procedure. However, if the Neighbor information is learnt via EVPN,
   the PE would not know if a particular IPv6->MAC pair belongs to a
   host, a router or a host with an anycast address as this information
   is not carried in the MAC/IP route advertisements. This document
   proposes an OPTIONAL advertisement of the Flags defined in [RFC4861]
   along with the EVPN MAC/IP Advertisement routes, so that an EVPN PE
   implementing a proxy-ND function can reply to Neighbor Solicitations
   with the correct Flag information in Neighbor Advertisements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snr-bess-evpn-na-flags/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snr-bess-evpn-na-flags-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-snr-bess-evpn-na-flags-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/