Subject: I-D Action: draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 15:14:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Operational Aspects of Proxy-ARP/ND in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Greg Hankins
                          Thomas King
                          Daniel Melzer
	Filename        : draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The MAC/IP Advertisement route specified in [RFC7432] can optionally
   carry IPv4 and IPv6 addresses associated with a MAC address. Remote
   PEs can use this information to reply locally (act as proxy) to IPv4
   ARP requests and IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation messages and
   reduce/suppress the flooding produced by the Address Resolution
   procedure. This EVPN capability is extremely useful in Internet
   Exchange Points (IXPs) and Data Centers (DCs) with large broadcast
   domains, where the amount of ARP/ND flooded traffic causes issues on
   routers and CEs, as explained in [RFC6820]. This document describes
   how the [RFC7432] EVPN proxy-ARP/ND function may be implemented to
   help IXPs and other operators deal with the issues derived from
   Address Resolution in large broadcast domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-snr-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/