Subject: I-D Action: draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 23:35:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Open Threat Signaling using RPC API over HTTPS and IPFIX
        Author          : Nik Teague
	Filename        : draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-07-04

Abstract:
   This document defines a method by which a device or application may
   signal information relating to current threat handling to other
   devices/applications that may reside locally or at the service
   provider.  The initial focus is ddos mitigation; however, the method
   may be extended to communicate any threat type.  This will allow for
   a vendor or provider agnostic approach to threat mitigation utilising
   multiple layers of protection as the operator sees fit.

   The dissemination of threat information will occur utilising JSON RPC
   API over HTTPS communications between devices/applications and will
   be augmented by IPFIX and UDP or SCTP for signaling telemetry
   information relating to attacks and protected object data.

   An open standards based approach to communication between on-premise
   DDoS mitigation devices and service provider based DDoS protection
   services allows for enterprises to have a wider range of options to
   better secure their environments without the limitations of vendor
   lock-in.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-teague-open-threat-signaling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-teague-open-threat-signaling-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/