Subject: I-D Action: draft-zuo-dprive-encryption-over-udp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 02:30:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Approach on encrypting DNS message over UDP
        Authors         : Peng Zuo
                          Hongtao Li
                          Ning Kong
                          Xiaodong Lee
                          Guangqing Deng
                          Jiankang Yao
                          Nan Wang
	Filename        : draft-zuo-dprive-encryption-over-udp-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-07-02

Abstract:
   This document offers an approach to encrypt DNS queries and responses
   between the stub resolver and the recursive server over UDP to
   protect user privacy.  The public key of the recursive server is
   distributed to the stub resolver through the Certificate Authority
   infrastructure, and the public key of the stub resolver is sent to
   the recursive server together with the DNS query where the public key
   is inserted to the additional section of the DNS query.  Then the
   recursive server encrypts the DNS responses sent to the stub resolver
   with the public key of that stub resolver, and similarly the DNS
   query sent to the recursive server is encrypted by the stub resolver
   with the public key of that recursive server and thus the user
   privacy is protected.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zuo-dprive-encryption-over-udp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zuo-dprive-encryption-over-udp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/