Subject: I-D Action: draft-decraene-isis-lsp-lifetime-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:28:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS LSP lifetime corruption - Problem Statement
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Christof Schmitz
	Filename        : draft-decraene-isis-lsp-lifetime-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The IS-IS protocol exchanges Link State Packet (LSP) to exchange
   routing information.  The lifetime of this LSP is located in the LSP
   header and is neither protected from corruption by the Fletcher
   checksum nor by cryptographic authentication.  So the LSP lifetime
   may be altered, either accidentally or maliciously any time.

   The lifetime field of the LSP is an important field for the correct
   operation of IS-IS.  Corruption of this LSP lifetime may cause
   flooding storm with severe impact in the network.

   This draft documents the problem statement and calls for a solution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-decraene-isis-lsp-lifetime-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-decraene-isis-lsp-lifetime-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/