Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonaventure-mptcp-backup-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 05:51:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving Multipath TCP Backup Subflows
        Authors         : Olivier Bonaventure
                          Quentin De Coninck
                          Matthieu Baerts
                          Fabien Duchene
                          Benjamin Hesmans
	Filename        : draft-bonaventure-mptcp-backup-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   This document documents some issues with the current definition of
   the backup subflows in [RFC6824].  The solution proposed in [RFC6824]
   works well when a subflow completely fails.  However, if a subflow
   suffers from huge packet losses, but still remains up, then the delay
   to switch to the backup subflow may be very long.  We propose to
   measure the evolution of the retransmission timer (RTO) to detect the
   bad performance of subflows.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonaventure-mptcp-backup/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonaventure-mptcp-backup-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/