Subject: I-D Action: draft-zimmermann-tcpm-spurious-rxmit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:05:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using the TCP Echo Option for Spurious Retransmission Detection
        Authors         : Alexander Zimmermann
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-tcpm-spurious-rxmit-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   The Spurious Retransmission Detection (SRD) algorithm allows a TCP
   sender to always detect if it has entered loss recovery
   unnecessarily.  It requires that both the TCP Echo option defined in
   [I-D.zimmermann-tcpm-echo-option], and the SACK option [RFC2018] be
   enabled for a connection.  The SRD algorithm makes use of the fact
   that the TCP Echo option, used in conjunction with the SACK feedback,
   can be used to completely eliminate the retransmission ambiguity in
   TCP.  Based on the reflected data contained in the first acceptable
   ACK that arrives during loss recovery, it decides whether loss
   recovery was entered unnecessarily.  The SRD mechanism further
   enables improvements in loss recovery.  This includes a TCP
   enhancement to detect and quickly resend lost retransmissions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-spurious-rxmit/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zimmermann-tcpm-spurious-rxmit-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/