Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-rfc3967bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:01:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Clarifying when Standards Track Documents may Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level
        Author          : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-rfc3967bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   IETF procedures generally require that a standards track RFC may not
   have a normative reference to another standards track document at a
   lower maturity level or to a non standards track specification (other
   than specifications from other standards bodies).  For example, a
   standards track document may not have a normative reference to an
   informational RFC.  Exceptions to this rule are sometimes needed as
   the IETF uses informational RFCs to describe non-IETF standards or
   IETF-specific modes of use of such standards.  This document
   clarifies and updates the procedure used in these circumstances.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc3967bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-rfc3967bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/