Subject: I-D Action: draft-dulinski-alto-inter-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 03:16:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Inter-ALTO Communication Problem Statement
        Authors         : Zbigniew Dulinski
                          Piotr Wydrych
                          Rafal Stankiewicz
	Filename        : draft-dulinski-alto-inter-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol has been
   standardized in RFC7285 to ease better-than-random overlay connection
   management.  Due to various reasons, optimization capabilities of
   ALTO servers are limited by the fact that it may not be possible for
   an ALTO server to compute costs for source/destination pairs
   correctly if a source and/or a destination is outside the
   administrative domain it belongs to.  In other words, an ALTO server
   may be generally unable to optimize the traffic with only locally
   available topology information.

   Therefore, it is proposed that operators of distinct administrative
   domains may agree on topology- and policy-related information
   exchange through a standardized inter-ALTO communication framework.
   This document provides a rationale for design, standardization, and
   implementation of the inter-ALTO communication framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dulinski-alto-inter-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dulinski-alto-inter-problem-statement-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dulinski-alto-inter-problem-statement-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/