Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 05:14:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Cong Liu
	Filename        : draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a client to set a hint
   value in the prefix-length field of the IA_PD option to indicate a
   preference for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear
   about how the client and server should act in different situations
   involving the prefix length hint.  This document provides a summary
   of the existing problems with the prefix length hint and guidance on
   what the client and server could do in the different situation
   involving the the prefix length hint.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/