Subject: I-D Action: draft-ruellan-webpush-low-energy-requirement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 08:25:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Low Energy Requirements for WebPush
        Authors         : Herve Ruellan
                          Kensuke Yasuma
                          Tomoya Sakai
	Filename        : draft-ruellan-webpush-low-energy-requirement-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Many devices are now connected to the Internet.  Receiving
   instantaneous notifications from the Web is an appealing but possibly
   power-hungry feature.  This can be a substantial problem for light
   devices with limited battery capacities.  WebPush alleviates this
   problem by enabling a server to push notifications to the device
   instead of having the device regularly poll the server.  This is a
   first step towards more energy efficient devices, but is still not
   sufficient for enabling batteries to last weeks or months without
   recharging.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ruellan-webpush-low-energy-requirement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ruellan-webpush-low-energy-requirement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/