Subject: I-D Action: draft-kato-optimal-ate-pairings-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 02:23:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimal Ate Pairing
        Authors         : Akihiro Kato
                          Michael Scott
                          Tetsutaro Kobayashi
                          Yuto Kawahara
	Filename        : draft-kato-optimal-ate-pairings-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Pairing is a special map from two elliptic curve that called Pairing-
   friend curves to a finite field and is useful mathematical tools for
   constructing cryptographic primitives.  It allows us to construct
   powerful primitives. (e.g. [3] and [4])

   There are some types of pairing and its choice has an impact on the
   performance of the primitive.  For example, Tate Pairing [3] and Ate
   Pairing [4] are specified in IETF.  This memo focuses on Optimal Ate
   Pairing [2] which is an improvement of Ate Pairing.

   This memo defines Optimal Ate Pairing for any pairing-friendly curve.
   We can obtain concrete algorithm by deciding parameters and building
   blocks based on the form of a curve and the description in this memo.
   It enables us to reduce the cost for specifying Optimal Ate Pairing
   over additional curves.  Furthermore, this memo provides concrete
   algorithm for Optimal Ate Pairing over BN-curves [7] and its test
   vectors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kato-optimal-ate-pairings/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kato-optimal-ate-pairings-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/