Subject: I-D Action: draft-decraene-idr-next-hop-capability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:46:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Next-Hop Capabilities
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-decraene-idr-next-hop-capability-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   RFC 5492 defines capabilities advertisement for the BGP peer.  In
   addition, it is useful to know the capabilities of the BGP Next-Hop,
   in particular for forwarding plane features.  RFC 5492 is not
   applicable because the BGP peer may be different from the BGP Next-
   Hop, in particular when BGP Route Reflection is used.  This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise such BGP Next Hop Capabilities.

   This document defines a new BGP non-transitive attribute to carry
   Next-Hop Capabilities.  This attribute is deleted when the BGP Next
   Hop is changed.

   This document also defines a Next-Hop capability to advertise the
   ability to handle the Entropy Label defined in RFC 6790.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-decraene-idr-next-hop-capability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-decraene-idr-next-hop-capability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-decraene-idr-next-hop-capability-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/