Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 02:37:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Augmented Password-Authenticated Key Exchange (AugPAKE)
        Authors         : SeongHan Shin
                          Kazukuni Kobara
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-07-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a secure and highly-efficient augmented
   password-authenticated key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user
   remembers a low-entropy password and its verifier is registered in
   the intended server.  In general, the user password is chosen from a
   small set of dictionary whose space is within the off-line dictionary
   attacks.  The AugPAKE protocol described here is secure against
   passive attacks, active attacks and off-line dictionary attacks (on
   the obtained messages with passive/active attacks).  Also, this
   protocol provides resistance to server compromise in the context that
   an attacker, who obtained the password verifier from the server, must
   at least perform off-line dictionary attacks to gain any advantage in
   impersonating the user.  The AugPAKE protocol is not only provably
   secure in the random oracle model but also the most efficient over
   the previous augmented PAKE protocols (SRP and AMP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-augpake-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/