Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 06:02:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for Marking SIP Messages to be Logged
        Author          : Peter Dawes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-07-23

Abstract:
   SIP networks use signalling monitoring tools to debug customer
   reported problems and for regression testing if network or client
   software is upgraded.  As networks grow and become interconnected,
   including connection via transit networks, it becomes impractical to
   predict the path that SIP signalling will take between clients, and
   therefore impractical to monitor SIP signalling end-to-end.

   This draft describes requirements for adding an indicator to the SIP
   protocol data unit (PDU, or a SIP message) that marks the PDU as a
   candidate for logging.  Such marking will typically be applied as
   part of network testing controlled by the network operator and not
   used in regular client signalling.  However, such marking can be
   carried end-to-end including the SIP terminals, even if a session
   originates and terminates in different networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/