Subject: I-D Action: draft-lindgren-icnrg-efficientiot-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 03:41:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Applicability and Tradeoffs of Information-Centric Networking for Efficient IoT
        Authors         : Anders F. Lindgren
                          Fehmi Ben Abdesslem
                          Bengt Ahlgren
                          Olov Schelen
                          Adeel Mohammad Malik
	Filename        : draft-lindgren-icnrg-efficientiot-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   This document outlines the tradeoffs involved in utilizing
   Information Centric Networking (ICN) for the Internet of Things (IoT)
   scenarios.  It describes the contexts and applications where the IoT
   would benefit from ICN, and where a host-centric approach would be
   better.  The requirements imposed by the heterogeneous nature of IoT
   networks are discussed (e.g., in terms of connectivity, power
   availability, computational and storage capacity).  Design choices
   are then proposed for an IoT architecture to handle these
   requirements, while providing efficiency and scalability.  An
   objective is to not require any IoT specific changes of the ICN
   architecture per se, but we do indicate some potential modifications
   of ICN that would improve efficiency and scalability for IoT and
   other applications.

   This document mainly serves as a problem statement and will not
   present a conclusive architecture design.  It can be used as a basis
   for further discussion and to design architectures for the IoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lindgren-icnrg-efficientiot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lindgren-icnrg-efficientiot-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lindgren-icnrg-efficientiot-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/