Subject: I-D Action: draft-byrne-opsec-udp-advisory-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:34:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advisory Guidelines for UDP Deployment
        Authors         : Cameron Byrne
                          Jason Kleberg
	Filename        : draft-byrne-opsec-udp-advisory-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is commonly used as a volumetric attack
   transport on the internet.  Some network operators experience surges
   of UDP attack traffic that are multiple orders of magnitude above the
   baseline traffic rate for UDP.  Application developers should be
   advised that UDP is being rate-limited on a bits-per-second and
   packet-per-second basis by network operators to enforce known good
   baseline traffic levels for UDP. UDP has been abused to such an
   extent that legitimate use may become collateral damage and
   application and protocol developers should avoid using UDP as a
   transport when possible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-byrne-opsec-udp-advisory/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-byrne-opsec-udp-advisory-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/