Subject: I-D Action: draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:42:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An IETF with Much Diversity and Professional Conduct
        Authors         : Dave Crocker
                          Narelle Clark
	Filename        : draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   The process of producing today's Internet technologies, through a
   culture of open participation and diverse collaboration has proved
   strikingly efficient and effective, and it is distinctive among
   standards organizations.  For its early years, participation in the
   IETF and its antecedent was almost entirely composed of a small group
   of well-funded, American, white, male technicians, demonstrating a
   distinctive and challenging group dynamic, both in management and in
   personal interactions.  In the case of the IETF, interaction style
   can often contain singularly aggressive behavior, often including
   singularly hostile tone and content.  Groups with greater diversity
   make better decisions.  Obtaining meaningful diversity requires more
   than generic good will and statements of principle.  Many different
   behaviors can serve to reduce participant diversity or participation
   diversity.  This document discusses IETF participation, in terms of
   the nature of diversity and practical issues that can increase or
   decrease it.  The document represents the authors' assessments and
   recommendations, following general discussions of the issues in the
   IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-diversity-conduct-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/