Subject: I-D Action: draft-yizhou-trill-traceable-oam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:08:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TRILL: Traceable OAM
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Hao Chen
                          Deepak Kumar
                          Sujay Gupta
	Filename        : draft-yizhou-trill-traceable-oam-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   TRILL fault management [RFC7455] specifies the messages and
   operations for OAM in TRILL network. The sender collects the replies
   for the OAM-relevant request it sent and uses the replies as the
   indication of the network faults. In certain circumstances the sender
   needs to collect multiple replies to isolate the fault, e.g.
   repetitively sending Path Trace Messages (PTM) with increasing value
   of hop count and collecting the replies on them to figure out the
   fault point of certain path.

   With the increasing deployment of Software Defined Network (SDN), a
   centralized management server can be used to help with fault
   management. The server then is responsible to collect OAM messages
   and analyze them to either isolate the network fault or compile
   overall OAM information. It naturally uses SDN structure to alleviate
   the effort of the requester node and provide a centralized solution
   to produce the operation and management feedback of the network.

   This document specifies the extensions of TRILL OAM message and the
   operations about the network nodes and the centralized management
   server to trace and collect OAM relevant messages for further
   analysis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yizhou-trill-traceable-oam/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yizhou-trill-traceable-oam-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/