Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 08:29:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : VNF Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains
        Authors         : Giacomo Bernini
                          Vincenzo Maffione
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
	Filename        : draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-07-03

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) aims at evolving the way
   network operators design, deploy and provision their networks by
   leveraging standard IT virtualization technologies to move and
   consolidate a wide range of network functions and services onto
   industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage.  Primary
   area of impact for operators is the network edge, being stimulated by
   the recent updates on NFV and SDN.  In fact, operators are looking at
   their future datacenters and Points of Presence (PoPs) as
   increasingly dynamic infrastructures to deploy Virtualized Network
   Functions (VNFs) and on-demand chained services with high elasticity.

   This document presents an orchestration framework for automated
   deployment of highly available VNF chains.  Resiliency of VNFs and
   chained services is a key requirement for operators to improve, ease,
   automate and speed up services lifecycle management.  The proposed
   VNFs orchestration framework is also positioned with respect to
   current NFV and Service Function Chaining (SFC) architectures and
   solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/