Subject: I-D Action: draft-psarkar-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:17:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Anycast Segments in MPLS based SPRING
        Authors         : Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-psarkar-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Instead of forwarding to a specific device or to all devices in a
   group, anycast addresses, let network devices forward a packet to (or
   steer it through) one or more topologically nearest devices in a
   specific group of network devices.  [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing]
   extended the use of anycast addresses to a SPRING network, wherein a
   group of SPRING-capable devices can represent a anycast address, by
   having the same SRGB label block provisioned on all the devices and
   each one of them advertising the same anycast prefix segment (or
   Anycast SID).

   This document describes a proposal for implementing anycast prefix
   segments in SPRING, without the need to have the same SRGB block
   (label ranges) provisioned across all the member devices in the
   group.  Each node can be provisioned with a separate SRGB from the
   label range supported by the specfic hardware platform.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-psarkar-spring-mpls-anycast-segments/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-psarkar-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/