Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 20:45:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SCTP-PF: Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
        Authors         : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-11.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-07-19

Abstract:
   SCTP supports multi-homing.  However, when the failover operation
   specified in RFC4960 is followed, there can be significant delay and
   performance degradation in the data transfer path failover.  To
   overcome this problem this document specifies a quick failover
   algorithm (SCTP-PF) based on the introduction of a Potentially Failed
   (PF) state in SCTP Path Management.

   The document also specifies a dormant state operation of SCTP.  This
   dormant state operation is required to be followed by an SCTP-PF
   implementation, but it may equally well be applied by a standard
   RFC4960 SCTP implementation.

   Additionally, the document introduces an alternative switchback mode
   called Permanent Failover that will be beneficial in some situations.
   This mode of operation applies to both a standard RFC4960 SCTP
   implementation as well as to a SCTP-PF implementation.

   The procedures defined in the document require only minimal
   modifications to the RFC4960 specification.  The procedures are
   sender-side only and do not impact the SCTP receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/