Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 19:23:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Motivations, usecases and Models of VCPE
        Authors         : Qiao Fu
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Hui Deng
	Filename        : draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-07-05

Abstract:
   This document introduces the concept of Virtual Customer Premises
   Equipment (VCPE).  Such concept was first proposed in Broadband Forum
   (BBF) as Network Enhanced Residential Gateway (NERG).  The VCPE is
   the Home Agent (HA) of the Mobile Nodes (MN) attached to the physical
   CPE (pCPE).  In this document, we explain the motivation and
   advantages of VCPE.  Three usecases of VCPE is further discussed in
   the enterprise network, the residential network, and the Internet of
   Things (IoT) Network.  Two models of field deployment of VCPE are
   discussed afterwards.  The models of VCPE decompose the Control Plane
   (CP) and the Data Plane (DP), which makes it easier for the
   deployment of the distributed mobility model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/