Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:53:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Support for File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
        Authors         : Manoj Naik
                          Marc Eshel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-07-31

Abstract:
   This document proposes extensions to existing NFSv4 operations to
   allow file extended attributes (here forth also referred to as
   xattrs) to be manipulated in the protocol. An xattr is a file system
   feature that allows opaque metadata, not interpreted by the file
   system, to be associated with files and directories and are supported
   by many modern file systems. New file attributes are proposed to
   allow clients to query the server for xattr support, and new
   operations to get and set xattrs on file system objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/