Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-idr-upstream-assigned-label-solution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 00:14:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Upstream Assigned Label Collision Solution
        Authors         : Sandy Zhang
                          Ying Cheng
	Filename        : draft-zhang-idr-upstream-assigned-label-solution-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The upstream-assigned label is used to identify the specific
   multicast flow.  In MVPN technology RFC6513, it says: "This procedure
   requires each egress PE to support a separate label space for every
   other PE.  The egress PEs creates a forwarding entry for the
   upstream-assigned MPLS label, allocated by the ingress PE, in this
   label space."

   In common scenario, the "separate label space" is planned by network
   administrator in advance.  For the stable network, the method of
   allocating the separate label space is easy and practicable.  But
   when the network changes dynamically, it is very hard to allocate the
   separate label space in advance.  The planned label space is probably
   insufficient.  That leads to collision when PE uses the common label
   space to allocate upstream-assigned label.  Therefore we need a
   flexible solution for the collision of upstream-assigned label in the
   dynamically changing network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-idr-upstream-assigned-label-solution/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-idr-upstream-assigned-label-solution-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/