Subject: I-D Action: draft-pelov-core-cosol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 08:29:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Constrained Signaling Over LR-WAN
        Authors         : Alexander Pelov
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Yannick Delibie
	Filename        : draft-pelov-core-cosol-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-07-04

Abstract:
   This document presents a new type of far-reaching, low-rate radio
   technologies and an extensible mechanism to operate these networks
   based on CoAP.  The emerging Wide Area Networks based on them - Low-
   Rate WAN (LR-WAN) preset a particular set of constraints, which
   places them at the intersection of infrastructure networks, ultra-
   dense networks, delay-tolerant networks and low-power and lossy
   networks.  The main objectives of LR-WAN signaling is to minimize the
   number of exchanged messages, minimize the size of each message in a
   secure and extensible manner.  This document describes the use of the
   Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as the main signaling
   protocol for LR-WANs, over which minimal messages are exchanged
   allowing the full operation of the network, such as authentication,
   authorization, and management.  The use of CoAP signaling provides a
   generic mechanism that can be applied to different LR-WAN
   technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pelov-core-cosol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pelov-core-cosol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/