Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 00:06:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Gap Analysis on Network Virtualization Activities
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Pedro Aranda
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-07-31

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking
   (SDN) are changing the way the telecommunications sector will deploy,
   extend and operate their networks.  These new technologies aim at
   reducing the overall costs by outsourcing communication services from
   specific hardware in the operators' core to server farms scattered in
   datacenters (i.e. compute and storage virtualization).  In addition,
   the connecting networks are fundamentally affected in they way they
   route, process and control traffic(i.e. network virtualization).

   Virtualization is becoming a trend which is being adopted in many
   scenarios for different purposes.  This document overviews existing
   efforts around virtualization at the IETF/IRTF, focusing on those
   related to NFV and SDN.  These efforts are mapped to the most
   relevant architectures being defined outside IETF, namely at the ETSI
   NFV ISG, the ETSI MEC ISG and the ONF.

   The main goal of this document is to serve as a survey of the
   different efforts that have been taken and are currently taking place
   at IETF and IRTF in regards to network virtualization, putting them
   into context considering efforts by other SDOs, and identifying
   current gaps that can be tackled at IETF or researched at the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardos-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardos-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardos-nfvrg-gaps-network-virtualization-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/