Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 05:22:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Design and Implementation of Large Data Transfer Coordinator
        Authors         : Xin Wang
                          Shu Dong
                          Guohai Chen
	Filename        : draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-07-21

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol provides
   network information with the goal of improving both application
   performance and network resource utilization.  As data transfers
   become larger (e.g., due to big data analysis), more data transfers
   are concurrent but with service requirements, and more network
   capabilities are emerging (e.g., SDN allowing a data transfer to
   request specific routes or Qos), the management of large data
   transfers has become an increasingly challenging issue.  This
   document introduces Data Transfer Coordinator (DTC), a centralized
   data transfer scheduling framework which provides Scheduling Hub
   Service (SHS) to coordinate and schedule large data transfers.  DTC
   considers all three components: data transfer requirements, (ALTO)
   network information, and SDN control capabilities.  This document
   specifies not only the basic framework of DTC, but also a key
   component, service API for SHS to specify data transfers and their
   relations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/