Subject: I-D Action: draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 23:34:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for Multiple Provisioning Domain in Homenet
        Authors         : Liang Geng
                          Hui Deng
	Filename        : draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-07-03

Abstract:
   This document describes the use cases of multiple provisioning domain
   (MPVD) in homenet.  Although most residential networks nowadays are
   connected to a single ISP and normally subscribed to standard
   internet service, it is expected that much wider range of devices and
   services will become common in home networks.  Homenet defines such
   home network topologies with increasing number of devices with the
   assumption that it requires minimum configuration by residential
   user.  As described in the homenet architecture ([RFC7368]),
   multihoming and multi-service residential network will be more common
   in the near future.  Nodes in such network may commonly have multiple
   interfaces or subscribe to multiple services.  Potential types of
   PVD-aware nodes concerning interface and service specific
   provisioning domains are introduced in this document.  Based on this,
   different MPVD configuration examples are given.  These examples
   illustrate how PVD may be implemented in home network.  PVDs provide
   independent provisioning domains for different interfaces and
   services, which enables robust and flexible network configuration for
   these networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-geng-homenet-mpvd-use-cases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/