Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 03:54:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Intent-Based Nemo Problem statement
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   As IP networks grow more complicated, these networks require a new
   interaction mechanism between customers and their networks based on
   intent rather than detailed specifics.  An intent-based protocol
   language is need to enable customers to easily describe their diverse
   intent for network connectivity to the network management systems.
   This document describes the problem Intent-Based NEtwork Modeling
   (IB-Nemo) language is trying to solve, a summary of the use cases
   that demonstrate this problem, and a proposed scope of work.  Part of
   the scope is the validation of the language as a minimal subset.

   The IB-NEMO language is a protocol language for interactions between
   an application and a network manager/controller.  Some would call
   this boundary between the application and the network management
   system as northbound interface (NBI), and any protocol language that
   crosses this as an NBI.  IB-Nemo focuses on creating minimal subset
   of the total possible Intent-Based desired commands.  By creating a
   minimal subset (about 20% of the total possible), the IB-Nemo
   language can be a simple Intent interface for most applications
   (hopefully 80%).  Part of validation of this language is to to
   determine what data models should result in the network controller
   from different use cases.  This way as IB-Nemo protocol language is
   reduced the effort can verify that the critical information is
   stilled passed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-ibnemo-overview/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/