Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:20:48 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Design and Implementation of Large Data Transfer Coordinator

    Author(s)     : [email-masked], et al
    Filename      : draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework
    Pages         : 10 
    Date          : 2015-07-07 
    
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol provides
   network information with the goal of improving both application
   performance and network resource utilization.  As data transfers
   become larger (e.g., due to big data analysis), more data transfers
   are concurrent but with service requirements, and more network
   capabilities are emerging (e.g., SDN allowing a data transfer to
   request specific routes or Qos), the management of large data
   transfers has become an increasingly challenging issue.  This
   document introduces Data Transfer Center (DTC), a centralized
   framework to coordinate and schedule large data transfers.  DTC
   considers all three components: data transfer requirements, (ALTO)
   network information, and SDN control capabilities.  This document
   specifies not only the basic framework of DTC, but also a key
   component, Data Transfer Set (DTS) to specify data transfers and
   their relations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-alto-large-data-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.