Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 07:55:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional Router Capabilities
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Naiming Shen
                          Jean-Philippe Vasseur
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Scott Shaffer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-08-04

Abstract:
   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to
   know the capabilities of their neighbors and other routers in the
   routing domain.  This document proposes extensions to OSPFv2 and
   OSPFv3 for advertising optional router capabilities.  A new Router
   Information (RI) Link State Advertisement (LSA) is proposed for this
   purpose.  In OSPFv2, the RI LSA will be implemented with a new opaque
   LSA type ID.  In OSPFv3, the RI LSA will be implemented with a new
   LSA type function code.  In both protocols, the RI LSA can be
   advertised at any of the defined flooding scopes (link, area, or
   autonomous system (AS)).  This document obsoletes RFC 4970 by
   providing a revised specification including support for advertisement
   of multiple instances of the RI LSA and a TLV for functional
   capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-rfc4970bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/