Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:24:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Application-aware Targeted LDP
        Authors         : Santosh Esale
                          Raveendra Torvi
                          Chris Bowers
                          Luay Jalil
                          Uma Chunduri
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Kamran Raza
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-08-20

Abstract:
   Recent targeted LDP applications such as remote loop-free alternate
   (LFA) and BGP auto discovered pseudowire may automatically establish
   a tLDP session to any LSR in a network.  The initiating LSR has
   information about the targeted applications to administratively
   control initiation of the session. However, the responding LSR has no
   such information to control acceptance of this session. This document
   defines a mechanism to advertise and negotiate Targeted Applications
   Capability during LDP session initialization.  As the responding LSR
   becomes aware of targeted applications, it may establish a limited
   number of tLDP sessions for certain applications. In addition, each
   targeted application is mapped to LDP Forwarding Equivalence Class
   (FEC) Elements to advertise only necessary LDP FEC-label bindings
   over the session.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-app-aware-tldp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/