Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:12:27 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
    Author(s)     : S. Lederer, et al
    Filename      : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming
    Pages         : 39 
    Date          : 2015-08-31 
    
   This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying 
   network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
   Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of 
   the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider 
   how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several 
   important topics related to video distribution over ICN are 
   presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to 
   evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG 
   Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider 
   layered encoding over ICN; P2P mechanisms introduce distinct 
   requirements for video and we look at how to adapt PPSP for ICN; 
   IPTV adds delay constraints, and this will create more stringent   
   requirements over ICN as well. As part of the discussion on video, 
   we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in addition to consider how 
   existing mechanisms would be impacted by ICN, this document lists 
   some research issues to design ICN specific video streaming 
   mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.