Subject: I-D Action: draft-madi-dnsop-udp4dns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 05:57:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : UDP payload size for DNS messages
        Authors         : Di MA
                          Linjian Song
	Filename        : draft-madi-dnsop-udp4dns-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2015-08-28

Abstract:
   The classic 512-bytes UDP payload for transporting DNS messages is an
   embedded dependence on IPv4.  As the Internet infrastructure is
   evolving to IPv6, the very constraint stemming from IPv4 can be
   removed by the virtue of that IPv6 mandates a MTU of 1280 bytes.
   This document specifies a new minimum size of UDP packet to carry DNS
   message, making DNS implementations going forward more adaptive to
   both applications based on the Internet and infrastructures
   supporting the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-madi-dnsop-udp4dns/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-madi-dnsop-udp4dns-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/