Subject: I-D Action: draft-smith-6man-link-locals-off-link-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 05:35:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Indicating Link-Local Unicast Destinations are Off-Link
        Author          : Mark Smith
	Filename        : draft-smith-6man-link-locals-off-link-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-08-16

Abstract:
   Certain link-layers limit reachability for one set of nodes, while
   permitting full reachability for a different set of nodes, for
   unicast, multicast and broadcast traffic.  If IPv6 hosts are members
   of the first set of nodes, and IPv6 routers are members of the
   second, Link-Local traffic between IPv6 hosts will fail, due to the
   default on-link assumption for Link-Local destinations.  This memo
   describes the use of a Link-Local Prefix Information Option to
   indicate to these hosts that Link-Local destinations are "off-link",
   and are reachable via their default router(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-6man-link-locals-off-link/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-6man-link-locals-off-link-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/