Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:37:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based control of Flexi-grid DWDM networks
        Authors         : Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Ramon Casellas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-07.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-08-30

Abstract:
   To allow efficient allocation of optical spectral bandwidth for high
   bit-rate systems, the International Telecommunication Union
   Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has extended its
   Recommendations G.694.1 and G.872 to include a new dense wavelength
   division multiplexing (DWDM) grid by defining a set of nominal
   central frequencies, channel spacings and the concept of "frequency
   slot".  In such an environment, a data plane connection is switched
   based on allocated, variable-sized frequency ranges within the
   optical spectrum creating what is known as a flexible grid (flexi-
   grid).

   Given the specific characteristics of flexi-grid optical networks and
   their associated technology, this document defines a framework and
   the associated control plane requirements for the application of the
   existing GMPLS architecture and control plane protocols to the
   control of flexi-grid DWDM networks.  The actual extensions to the
   GMPLS protocols will be defined in companion documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-flexi-grid-fwk-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/