Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 22:09:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
        Authors         : Manoj Naik
                          Marc Eshel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-08-18

Abstract:
   This document proposes extensions to the NFSv4 protocol which allow
   file extended attributes (hereinafter also referred to as xattrs) to
   be manipulated using NFSv4.  An xattr is a file system feature that
   allows opaque metadata, not interpreted by the file system, to be
   associated with files and directories.  Such support is present in
   many modern local file systems.  New file attributes are proposed to
   allow clients to query the server for xattr support, and new
   operations to get and set xattrs on file system objects are provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/