Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-icn-iot-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 14:08:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ICN based Architecture for IoT
        Authors         : Prof.Yanyong Zhang
                          Prof. Dipankar Raychadhuri
                          Prof. Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Ravi Ravindran
                          Guoqiang Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-icn-iot-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-08-28

Abstract:
   Internet of Things (IoT) promises to connect billions of objects to
   Internet.  After deploying many stand-alone IoT systems in different
   domains, the current trend is to develop a unified de-fragmented IoT
   platform so that objects can be made accessible to applications
   across organizations and domains.  Towards this goal, quite a few
   proposals have been made to build a unified IoT platform as an
   overlay on top of today's Internet.  Such overlay solutions, however,
   are inadequate to address the important challenges posed by a unified
   IoT system, especially in terms of mobility, scalability, and
   communication reliability, due to the inherent inefficiencies of the
   current Internet.  To address this problem, we propose to build a
   unified IoT platform based on the Information Centric Network (ICN)
   architecture, which we call ICN-IoT [20].  ICN-IoT leverages the
   salient features of ICN, and thus provides seamless device-to-device
   (D2D) communication, mobility support, scalability, and efficient
   content and service delivery leveraging in-network computing, caching
   and storage.

   This draft begins by motivating the need for an unified ICN-IoT
   platform to connect heterogenous IoT systems.  We then propose an
   ICN-IoT system architecture and middleware components which includes
   device/network-service discovery, naming service, IoT service
   discovery, contextual processing, pub/sub management to support
   efficient naming, data discovery, data processing and data
   distribution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-icn-iot-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-icn-iot-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/