Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 06:22:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : mLDP Node Protection
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Kamran Raza
                          Alia Atlas
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Quintin Zhao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-09-15

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures to support node protection for
   Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
   (MP LSPs) that have been built by the "Multipoint Label Distribution
   Protocol"(mLDP) [RFC6388].  In order to protect a node N, the Point
   of Local Repair (PLR) Label Switched Router (LSR) of N must learn the
   Merge Point (MPT) LSR(s) of node N such that traffic can be
   redirected to them in case node N fails.  Redirecting the traffic
   around the failed node N depends on existing P2P LSPs.  The pre-
   established LSPs originate from the PLR LSR and terminate on the MPT
   LSRs while bypassing LSR N.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-node-protection-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/