Subject: I-D Action: draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:14:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Managing the Authorization to Authorize in the Lifecycle of a Constrained Device
        Author          : Stefanie Gerdes
	Filename        : draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-09-10

Abstract:
   Constrained nodes are devices which are limited in terms of
   processing power, memory, non-volatile storage and transmission
   capacity.  Due to these constraints, commonly used security protocols
   are not easily applicable.  Nevertheless, an authentication and
   authorization solution is needed to ensure the security of these
   devices.

   During the lifecycle of a constrained device, responsibility for
   managing authorization policies for the constrained device may change
   several times.  To ensure the security of the constrained devices,
   the authorization to authorize must be transferred to the new
   principal in a secure way.

   Resource-constrained nodes benefit from delegating defined
   authentication- and authorization-related tasks to less-constrained
   devices called Authorization Managers, thus limiting the hardware
   requirements of the security solution for the constrained devices.

   This document defines how security relationships between constrained
   nodes and their Authorization Managers can be established and managed
   in a RESTful way, thus providing for a flexible authorization
   solution for the whole lifecycle of a constrained node.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/