Subject: I-D Action: draft-vcelak-nsec5-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 14:59:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NSEC5, DNSSEC Authenticated Denial of Existence
        Authors         : Jan Vcelak
                          Sharon Goldberg
	Filename        : draft-vcelak-nsec5-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2015-09-21

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Extensions introduced the
   NSEC resource record (RR) for authenticated denial of existence and
   the NSEC3 for hashed authenticated denial of existence.  The NSEC RR
   allows for the entire zone contents to be enumerated if a server is
   queried for carefully chosen domain names; N queries suffice to
   enumerate a zone containing N names.  The NSEC3 RR adds domain-name
   hashing, which makes the zone enumeration harder, but not impossible.
   This document introduces NSEC5, which provides an cryptographically-
   proven mechanism that prevents zone enumeration.  NSEC5 has the
   additional advantage of not requiring private zone-signing keys to be
   present on all authoritative servers for the zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vcelak-nsec5/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vcelak-nsec5-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vcelak-nsec5-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/