Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomson-xmpp-secure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 15:29:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure Messaging in XMPP
        Authors         : Martin Thomson
                          Adam Roach
	Filename        : draft-thomson-xmpp-secure-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2015-09-29

Abstract:
   The history of secure messaging in XMPP is spotty.  The long-running
   de facto scheme, OTR, enjoys fairly wide implementation and use, but
   OTR suffers from some serious usability and security shortcomings
   that make it unsuitable as a basis for encryption.

   This document describes an architecture that provides end-to-end
   confidentiality and integrity for XMPP messaging.  Solutions for both
   multi-user and one-to-one messaging are provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomson-xmpp-secure/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-xmpp-secure-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/