Subject: I-D Action: draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 01:06:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sleepy CoAP Nodes
        Authors         : Teresa Zotti
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-09-30

Abstract:
   Control networks rely on application protocols like CoAP to enable
   RESTful communications in constrained environments.  Many of these
   networks make use of "Sleepy Nodes": battery powered devices that
   switch off their (radio) interface during most of the time to
   conserve battery energy.  As a result of this, Sleepy Nodes cannot be
   reached most of the time.  This fact prevents using normal
   communication patterns as specified in the CoRE group, since the
   server-model is not applicable to these devices.  This document
   discusses and specifies an architecture to support Sleepy Nodes such
   as battery-powered sensors in mesh networks with the goal of
   proposing a standardisation solution for Sleepy Node proxies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zotti-core-sleepy-nodes-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/