Subject: I-D Action: draft-jay-tls-psk-identity-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:34:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS/DTLS PSK Identity Extension
        Authors         : Jayaraghavendran K
                          Raja Ashok V K
	Filename        : draft-jay-tls-psk-identity-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-09-28

Abstract:
   Pre-Shared Key (PSK) based Key Exchange Mechanism is primarily used
   in constrained environments where resource intensive Asymmetric
   Cryptography cannot be used. In the Internet of Things (IoT)
   deployments, constrained devices are commonly used for collecting
   data via sensors for use in home automation, smart energy etc. In
   this context, DTLS is being considered as the primary protocol for
   communication security at the application layer and in some cases, it
   is also being considered for network access authentication.

   This document provides a specification for a new extension for
   Optimizing DTLS and TLS Handshake when the Pre-Shared Key (PSK) based
   Key Exchange is used. This extension is aimed at reducing the number
   of messages exchanged and the RTT of the TLS & DTLS Handshakes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jay-tls-psk-identity-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jay-tls-psk-identity-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/