Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:20:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Flowspec Path-id Redirect
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-09-15

Abstract:
   Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination of
   traffic flow specification rules.  This has many possible
   applications but the primary one for many network operators is the
   distribution of traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation.  The
   flow-spec standard RFC5575 [2] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for
   policy-based forwarding but this mechanism is not always sufficient,
   particular if the redirected traffic needs to be steered into an
   engineered path.

   This document defines a new redirect-to-Path-id (32-bit or 128-bit)
   flow-spec action to provide advanced redirection capabilities.  When
   activated, the flowspec signalled Path-id is used to identify the
   next-hop redirect information within a localized to the router Path-
   id redirect table.  The Path-id redirect table is a table providing a
   list of Path-id's and router local redirect information.  This allows
   a Flowspec signalled redirect towards a next-hop IP address, next-hop
   local interface or next-hop (traffic engineered) tunnel interface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/