Subject: I-D Action: draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:13:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for mounting of local and remote YANG subtrees
        Authors         : Eric Voit
                          Alexander Clemm
                          Sander Mertens
	Filename        : draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-09-14

Abstract:
   Network integrated applications want simple ways to reference and
   access YANG objects and subtrees.  These simplifications might
   include aliasing of local YANG information.  These simplifications
   might include remote referencing of YANG information distributed
   across network.

   For such applications, development complexity must be minimized.
   Specific aspects of complexity developers want to ignore include:

   o  whether multiple aliases and paths for the same information are
      exposed on a single device,

   o  whether authoritative information is actually sourced from local
      or remote datastores,

   o  the overhead of session establishment and maintenance which is
      needed in order to access information on remote datastores,

   o  whether objects have been locally cached or not, and

   o  whether there is a mix of controllers, NMSs, and/or CLI which have
      access permission to update the primary copy of a particular
      object.

   The solution requirements described in this document detail what is
   needed to support application access to authoritative network YANG
   objects locally (via aliasing), or remotely from controllers or
   peering network devices in such a way to meet these goals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-voit-netmod-peer-mount-requirements-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/