Subject: I-D Action: draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 18:25:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Host routing in a multi-prefix network
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-09-03

Abstract:
   This note describes expected IPv6 host behavior in a network that has
   more than one prefix, each allocated by an upstream network that
   implements BCP 38 ingress filtering, when the host has multiple
   routers to choose from.  It also applies to other scenarios such as
   the usage of stateful firewalls that effectively act as address-based
   filters.

   This host behavior may interact with source address selection in a
   given implementation, but logically follows it.  Given that the
   network or host is, or appears to be, multihomed with multiple
   provider-allocated addresses, that the host has elected to use a
   source address in a given prefix, and that some but not all
   neighboring routers are advertising that prefix in their Router
   Advertisement Prefix Information Options, this document specifies to
   which router a host should present its transmission.  It updates RFC
   4861.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/