Subject: I-D Action: draft-jay-tls-omit-aead-explicit-nonce-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 08:47:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS/DTLS Omit AEAD Explicit Nonce from Record Extension
        Authors         : Jayaraghavendran K
                          Raja Ashok V K
	Filename        : draft-jay-tls-omit-aead-explicit-nonce-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-09-28

Abstract:
   With emergence of Internet of Things(IoT), DTLS is being widely
   considered as a protocol of choice for communication security in IoT
   applications. Further, AES_CCM has emerged as the cipher of choice in
   constrained environments. Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP),
   which is the application layer protocol for resource constrained
   environments, mandates DTLS as underlying security protocol and
   proposes AES_CCM based ciphers to be used with different key exchange
   methods. AEAD ciphers requires an explicit nonce of 8 bytes must be
   carried in each transmitted record.This document defines a TLS (and
   DTLS) extension, which will allow clients and servers to omit the
   explicit nonce sent in TLS/DTLS records.  This document can be
   considered as an extended version of "Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   Extensions : Extension Definitions". The extension defined in this
   document apply equally to both DTLS and TLS protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jay-tls-omit-aead-explicit-nonce-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jay-tls-omit-aead-explicit-nonce-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/