Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-lisp-triggered-map-request-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 07:34:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Triggered LISP Map-Request for Inter-Domain LISP Deployments
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-lisp-triggered-map-request-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-09-17

Abstract:
   It is commonly acknowledged that one of the issues raised by the
   current Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) design is that some
   packets are likely to be lost in specific situations such as the
   absence of a mapping entry in the mapping cache maintained by an ITR.
   This issue is usually referred to as the "first packet loss" problem.

   This document specifies a new LISP capability called Triggered Map-
   Request which aims at addressing the "first packet loss" issue.
   Also, it proposes to extend the LISP mapping entries with names
   instead of achieving RLOC resolution based upon EID prefixes only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-lisp-triggered-map-request/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-lisp-triggered-map-request-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/