Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 16:19:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : More Accurate ECN Feedback in TCP
        Authors         : Bob Briscoe
                          Mirja Kühlewind
                          Richard Scheffenegger
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2015-09-06

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is a mechanism where network
   nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to indicate
   incipient congestion to the end-points.  Receivers with an ECN-
   capable transport protocol feed back this information to the sender.
   ECN is specified for TCP in such a way that only one feedback signal
   can be transmitted per Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently, new TCP
   mechanisms like Congestion Exposure (ConEx) or Data Center TCP
   (DCTCP) need more accurate ECN feedback information whenever more
   than one marking is received in one RTT.  This document specifies an
   experimental scheme to provide more than one feedback signal per RTT
   in the TCP header.  Given TCP header space is scarce, it overloads
   the three existing ECN-related flags in the TCP header and provides
   additional information in a new TCP option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/