Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:25:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control and Platooning at SDOs and Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          James Huang
                          Thierry Ernst
                          Rex Buddenberg
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-09-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the use-cases of Cooperative Adaptive Cruise
   Control, and Platooning, as defined by several Standards Development
   Organizations such as ETSI, IEEE P1609, SAE, 3GPP, ISO and FirstNet.

   C-ACC and Platooning involve concepts of direct vehicle-to-vehicle,
   and device-to-device communications, which are developped at least by
   3GPP and precursory by the METIS EU project.  They are illustrated
   very clearly in emergency settings such as FirstNet.

   IP messages - instead of link-layer messages - are pertinent for
   C-ACC and Platooning use-cases because applications for road safety
   such as WAZE, iRezQ and Coyote (currently involving infrastructure)
   are IP messages, and proved succesful in deployments.  Applications
   such as Sentinel are direct between vehicles but are not IP,
   currently.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/