Subject: I-D Action: draft-paasch-mptcp-loadbalancer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 20:45:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multipath TCP behind Layer-4 loadbalancers
        Authors         : Christoph Paasch
                          Greg Greenway
                          Alan Ford
	Filename        : draft-paasch-mptcp-loadbalancer-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-09-07

Abstract:
   Large webserver farms consist of thousands of frontend proxies that
   serve as endpoints for the TCP and TLS connection and relay traffic
   to the (sometimes distant) backend servers.  Load-balancing across
   those server is done by layer-4 loadbalancers that ensure that a TCP
   flow will always reach the same server.

   Multipath TCP's use of multiple TCP subflows for the transmission of
   the data stream requires those loadbalancers to be aware of MPTCP to
   ensure that all subflows belonging to the same MPTCP connection reach
   the same frontend proxy.  In this document we analyze the challenges
   related to this and suggest a simple modification to the generation
   of the MPTCP-token to overcome those challenges.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-loadbalancer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-loadbalancer-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/