Subject: I-D Action: draft-tuwien-dsg-diameterofthings-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:49:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Diameter of Things (DoT): A Protocol for Real-time Telemetry of IoT Applications
        Authors         : Soheil Qanbari
                          Samira Mahdizadeh
                          Schahram Dustdar
                          Negar Behinaein
                          Rabee Rahimzadeh
	Filename        : draft-tuwien-dsg-diameterofthings-01.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2015-09-21

Abstract:
  The Diameter of Things (DoT) protocol is intended to provide a real-
  time metering framework for IoT applications in resource-constraint
  gateways. Respecting resource capacity constraints on edge devices
  establishes a firm requirement for a lightweight protocol in support
  of fine-grained telemetry of IoT deployment units. Such metering
  capability is needed when lack of resources among competing
  applications dictates our schedule and credit allocation. In response
  to these findings, the authors offer the DoT protocol that can be
  incorporated to implement real-time metering of IoT services for
  prepaid subscribers as well as Pay-per-use economic models. The DoT
  employs mechanisms to handle the composite application resource usage
  units consumed/charged against a single user balance. Such charging
  methods come in two models of time-based and event-based patterns. The
  former is used for scenarios where the charged units are continuously
  consumed while the latter is typically used when units are implicit
  invocation events. The DoT-enabled platform performs a chained
  metering transaction on a graph of dependent IoT microservices,
  collects the emitted usage data, then generates billable artifacts
  from the chain of metering tokens. Finally it permits micropayments to
  take place in parallel.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tuwien-dsg-diameterofthings/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tuwien-dsg-diameterofthings-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tuwien-dsg-diameterofthings-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/