Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-acme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:52:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Jacob Hoffman-Andrews
                          James Kasten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-acme-00.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2015-09-28

Abstract:
   Certificates in the Web's X.509 PKI (PKIX) are used for a number of
   purposes, the most significant of which is the authentication of
   domain names.  Thus, certificate authorities in the Web PKI are
   trusted to verify that an applicant for a certificate legitimately
   represents the domain name(s) in the certificate.  Today, this
   verification is done through a collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This
   document describes a protocol that a certificate authority (CA) and
   an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

   DANGER: Do not implement this specification.  It has a known
   signature reuse vulnerability.  For details, see the following
   discussion:

   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/acme/F71iz6qq1o_QPVhJCV4dqWf-
   4Yc

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/