Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:21:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS over TLS: Initiation and Performance Considerations
        Authors         : Zi Hu
                          Liang Zhu
                          John Heidemann
                          Allison Mankin
                          Duane Wessels
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-09-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of TLS to provide privacy for DNS.
   Encryption provided by TLS eliminates opportunities for eavesdropping
   on DNS queries in the network, such as discussed in RFC 7258.  In
   addition, this document specifies two usage profiles for DNS-over-TLS
   and provides advice on performance considerations to minimize
   overhead from using TCP and TLS with DNS.

   Note: this document was formerly named
   draft-ietf-dprive-start-tls-for-dns.  Its name has been changed to
   better describe the mechanism now used.  Please refer to working
   group archives under the former name for history and previous
   discussion.  [RFC Editor: please remove this paragraph prior to
   publication]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/