Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 01:01:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Method for Generating Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-09-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for selecting IPv6 Interface
   Identifiers that can be employed by Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) servers when leasing non-temporary IPv6
   addresses to DHCPv6 clients.  This method is a DHCPv6 server side
   algorithm, that does not require any updates to the existing DHCPv6
   specifications.  The aforementioned method results in stable
   addresses within each subnet, even in the presence of multiple DHCPv6
   servers or DHCPv6 server reinstallments.  It is a DHCPv6-variant of
   the method specified in RFC 7217 for IPv6 Stateless Address
   Autoconfiguration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/