Subject: I-D Action: draft-acee-ospf-admin-tags-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:13:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Prefix/Link Administrative Tags
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Peter Psenak
	Filename        : draft-acee-ospf-admin-tags-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-09-21

Abstract:
   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to be
   able to associate tags with prefixes and links.  Previously, OSPFv2
   and OSPFv3 were relegated to a single tag for AS External and Not-So-
   Stubby-Area (NSSA) prefixes.  With the flexible encodings provided by
   OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement and OSPFv3 Extended LSAs,
   multiple administrative tags may advertised for all types of prefixes
   and links.  These administrative tags can be used for many
   applications including route redistribution policy, selective prefix
   prioritization, selective IP Fast-ReRoute (IPFRR) prefix protection,
   and many others.

   The ISIS protocol supports a similar mechanism that is described in
   RFC 5130.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acee-ospf-admin-tags/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-acee-ospf-admin-tags-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-acee-ospf-admin-tags-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/