Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 04:08:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-09-22

Abstract:
   This memo provides an experimental update to RFC3168.  It updates the
   TCP sender-side reaction to a congestion notification received via
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).  ECN-marking can allow a
   network device to signal congestion at a point before a transport
   experiences congestion loss or additional queueing delay.  The
   updated method is less conservative than the TCP reaction in response
   to loss.  The intention is to achieve good throughput when the queue
   at the bottleneck is smaller than the bandwidth-delay-product of the
   connection.  This is more likely when an Active Queue Management
   (AQM) mechanism has used ECN to CE-mark a packet, than when a packet
   was lost.  Future versions of this document will discuss SCTP as well
   as other transports using ECN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/