Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 07:58:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Incremental Updates Using Server-Sent Events (SSE)
        Authors         : Wendy Roome
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2015-09-29

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) [RFC7285] protocol
   provides network related information to client applications so that
   clients may make informed decisions.  To that end, an ALTO Server
   provides Network and Cost Maps.  Using those maps, an ALTO Client can
   determine the costs between endpoints.

   However, the ALTO protocol does not define a mechanism to allow an
   ALTO client to obtain updates to those maps, other than by
   periodically re-fetching them.  Because the maps may be large
   (potentially tens of megabytes), and because only parts of the maps
   may change frequently (especially Cost Maps), that can be extremely
   inefficient.

   Therefore this document presents a mechanism to allow an ALTO Server
   to provide updates to ALTO Clients.  Updates can be both immediate,
   in that the server can send updates as soon as they are available,
   and incremental, in that if only a small section of a map changes,
   the server can send just the changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/