Subject: I-D Action: draft-tingwei-mctcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 01:20:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Congestion-Aware and Robust MultiCast TCP in Software-Defined Networks
        Authors         : Tingwei Zhu
                          Fang Wang
                          Dan Feng
                          Qingyu Shi
                          Yanwen Xie
	Filename        : draft-tingwei-mctcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-09-28

Abstract:
   Reliable group communication is required in distributed applications,
   such as distributed file systems (HDFS, GFS and Ceph), where such
   group communication is defined by the sender and the group members
   are small (e.g. three).  However, existing standards for reliable
   multicast transport are receiver-initiated and suffer from
   inefficiency in either host-side protocols or multicast routing.

   This draft proposes a sender-initiated, efficient, congestion-aware
   and robust reliable multicast solution in Software-Defined Networks
   (SDN), called MCTCP (MultiCast TCP).  The main idea behind MCTCP is
   to manage the multicast groups in a centralized manner, and
   reactively schedule multicast flows to active and low-utilized links,
   and it is implemented by extending TCP as the host-side protocol and
   managing multicast groups in SDN-controller.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tingwei-mctcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tingwei-mctcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/