Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 15:52:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : PKIX over Secure HTTP (POSH)
        Authors         : Matthew Miller
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-09-09

Abstract:
   Experience has shown that it is difficult to deploy proper PKIX
   certificates for TLS in multi-tenant environments.  As a result,
   domains hosted in such environments often deploy applications using
   certificates that identify the hosting service, not the hosted
   domain.  Such deployments force end users and peer services to accept
   a certificate with an improper identifier, resulting in degraded
   security.  This document defines two methods that make it easier to
   deploy certificates for proper server identity checking in non-HTTP
   application protocols.  While these methods were developed for use in
   the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) as a Domain
   Name Association (DNA) prooftype, they might also be usable in other
   non-HTTP application protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/