Subject: I-D Action: draft-fielding-http-key-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:46:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Key HTTP Response Header Field
        Authors         : Roy T. Fielding
                          Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-fielding-http-key-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-09-23

Abstract:
   The 'Key' header field for HTTP responses allows an origin server to
   describe the secondary cache key ([RFC7234], section 4.1) for a
   resource, by conveying what is effectively a short algorithm that can
   be used upon later requests to determine if a stored response is
   reusable for a given request.

   Key has the advantage of avoiding an additional round trip for
   validation whenever a new request differs slightly, but not
   significantly, from prior requests.

   Key also informs user agents of the request characteristics that
   might result in different content, which can be useful if the user
   agent is not sending request header fields in order to reduce the
   risk of fingerprinting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fielding-http-key/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fielding-http-key-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fielding-http-key-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/