Subject: I-D Action: draft-strassner-anima-control-loops-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:47:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Use of Control Loops in Autonomic Networking
        Author          : John Strassner
	Filename        : draft-strassner-anima-control-loops-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-10-20

Abstract:
   This document describes how control loops are used in Autonomic
   Networking. Control loops provide a generic mechanism to enable
   the Autonomic System to adapt (on its own) to various factors
   that can change the goals that the Autonomic System is trying to
   achieve, or how those goals are achieved. For example, as user
   needs, business goals, and the Autonomic Network Infrastructure
   (ANI) itself changes, self-adaptation enables the ANI to change the
   services and resources it makes available to adapt to these changes.

   Control loops operate to continuously observe and collect data
   that enables the Autonomic Management System system to understand
   changes to the behavior of the system being managed, and then
   provide actions to move the state of the system being managed
   toward a common goal. Self-adaptive systems move decision-making
   from static, pre-defined commands to dynamic processes computed at
   runtime.

   This document defines the requirements for an autonomic control
   loop, describes different types of control loops, and explains how
   control loops are used in an Autonomic System.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-strassner-anima-control-loops/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-strassner-anima-control-loops-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/