Subject: I-D Action: draft-wendt-verified-token-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 18:38:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Verified Token
        Author          : Chris Wendt
	Filename        : draft-wendt-verified-token-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-10-08

Abstract:
   This memo defines a token format for verifying with non-repudiation
   the originator of a set of information.  The originator uses a
   cryptographic signature generally with a key that proves
   authorization from a trust anchor to prove to a terminating party
   that the originator is both an authorized sender and the information
   wasn't altered or modified in transit.  The token incorporates the
   ability for the originator to assert a application specific but
   extensible set of information that could include network identity,
   device identity, realm of origin, and other metadata.  Verification
   of this information in the telephony world is important for
   validating telephone calls and the telephone numbers they are
   presenting and can be utilized as an important tool for combat
   spoofing of identity and other forms of impersonation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wendt-verified-token/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wendt-verified-token-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/