Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:08:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses
        Author          : Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   OpenPGP is a message format for email (and file) encryption that
   lacks a standardized lookup mechanism to securely obtain OpenPGP
   public keys.  This document specifies a method for publishing and
   locating OpenPGP public keys in DNS for a specific email address
   using a new OPENPGPKEY DNS Resource Record.  Security is provided via
   Secure DNS, however the OPENPGPKEY record is not a replacement for
   verification of authenticity via the "Web of Trust" or manual
   verification.  The OPENPGPKEY record can be used to encrypt an email
   that would otherwise have to be send unencrypted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/