Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:39:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
        Authors         : Per Hurtig
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Petlund
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-09.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-10-20

Abstract:
   This document describes a modified sender-side algorithm for managing
   the TCP and SCTP retransmission timers that provides faster loss
   recovery when there is a small amount of outstanding data for a
   connection.  The modification, RTO Restart (RTOR), allows the
   transport to restart its retransmission timer using a smaller delay,
   so that the effective RTO becomes more aggressive in situations where
   fast retransmit cannot be used.  This enables faster loss detection
   and recovery for connections that are short-lived or application-
   limited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/