Subject: I-D Action: draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:01:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic Service Path Selection over Multiple Links between SFF and SF for Enhancing Service Stability
        Authors         : Taeho Kang
                          Young-Tae Han
                          Sungsu Kim
                          Eunkyoung Paik
                          Namgon Kim
	Filename        : draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   In this document, we use SF classification of 1)indispensible SF for
   packet delivery, allegedly mandatory SFs, such as NAT and 2)optional
   SFs that a packet can be delivered without them, such as Firewall and
   IDS.

   The nodes of SFC-enabled domain can be various.  Different vendors
   make different types of equipments, and this causes performance
   issues.  Considering this diversity, the kind of SFs can be in myriad
   form.  Thus, we should distinguish some mandatory SFs from not
   mandatory SFs and treat distinctively.  Mandatory SFs should be
   matched with higher-performance SFF to achieve high availability as
   well as lower the probability of failure.  Above all, whether each SF
   is mandatory or optional should be registered in advance.  Mandatory
   SFs are to allocated to relatively higher-performance, larger
   capacity, more stable SFFs.  SFC constructed using this way of
   allocation becomes the path for packets and packets are transferred
   to classifier through C1 interface, and to SFF through C2 interface,
   respectively.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/