Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:42:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Extensions For BIER
        Authors         : Peter Psenak
                          Nagendra Kumar
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Andrew Dolganow
                          Tony Przygienda
                          Jeffrey Zhang
                          Sam Aldrin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
   provides optimal multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
   requiring intermediate routers to maintain any multicast related per-
   flow state.  BIER also does not require any explicit tree-building
   protocol for its operation.  A multicast data packet enters a BIER
   domain at a "Bit-Forwarding Ingress Router" (BFIR), and leaves the
   BIER domain at one or more "Bit-Forwarding Egress Routers" (BFERs).
   The BFIR router adds a BIER header to the packet.  The BIER header
   contains a bit-string in which each bit represents exactly one BFER
   to forward the packet to.  The set of BFERs to which the multicast
   packet needs to be forwarded is expressed by setting the bits that
   correspond to those routers in the BIER header.

   This document describes the OSPF protocol extension required for BIER
   with MPLS encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/