Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 09:50:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Sina Mirtorabi
                          Abhay Roy
                          Fred Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2015-10-08

Abstract:
   OSPFv3 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
   with the fixed-format Link State Advertisement (LSA) as described in
   RFC 5340.  Without LSA extension, attributes associated with OSPFv3
   links and advertised IPv6 prefixes must be advertised in separate
   LSAs and correlated to the fixed-format LSAs.  This document extends
   the LSA format by encoding the existing OSPFv3 LSA information in
   Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing advertisement of
   additional information with additional TLVs.  Backward compatibility
   mechanisms are also described.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/