Subject: I-D Action: draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:40:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions
        Authors         : Edward Lopez
                          Diego Lopez
                          Linda Dunbar
                          XiaoJun Zhuang
                          Joe Parrott
                          Ramki Krishnan
                          Seetharama Rao Durbha
	Filename        : draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-10-15

Abstract:
   This document serves as the framework for detailed work items for
   I2NSF. In the design of interfaces to allow for the provisioning of
   network security functions (NSFs), a critical consideration is to
   prevent the creation of implied constraints.

   This document makes the recommendation that such interfaces be
   designed from the paradigm of processing packets and flows on the
   network. NSFs ultimately are packet-processing engines that inspect
   packets traversing networks, either directly or in context to
   sessions to which the packet is associated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/