Subject: I-D Action: draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:20:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Cost Calendar
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Richard Yang
                          Qin Wu
                          Lingli Deng
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   bridge the gap between network and applications by provisioning
   network related information in order to allow applications to make
   network informed decisions.  The present draft extends the ALTO cost
   information so as to broaden the decision possibilities of
   applications to not only decide 'where' to connect to, but also
   'when'.  This is useful to applications that need to schedule their
   data transfers and connections and have a degree of freedom to do so.
   ALTO guidance to schedule application traffic can also efficiently
   help for load balancing and resources efficiency.  Besides, the ALTO
   Cost Calendar allows to schedule the ALTO requests themselves and
   thus to save a number of ALTO transactions.

   This draft proposes new capabilities and attributes on filtered cost
   maps and endpoint costs enabling an ALTO Server to provide "Cost
   Calendars".  These capabilities are applicable to time-sensitive ALTO
   metrics.  With ALTO Cost Calendars, an ALTO Server exposes ALTO Cost
   Values in JSON arrays where each value corresponds to a given time
   interval.  The time intervals as well as other Calendar attributes
   are specified in the IRD and ALTO Server responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-randriamasy-alto-cost-calendar-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/