Subject: I-D Action: draft-nielsen-tsvwg-sctp-tlr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:44:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SCTP Tail Loss Recovery Enhancements
        Authors         : Karen E. E. Nielsen
                          Rafaelle De Santis
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Randall Stewart
	Filename        : draft-nielsen-tsvwg-sctp-tlr-02.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   Loss Recovery by means of T3-Retransmission has significant
   detrimental impact on the delays experienced through an SCTP
   association.  The throughput achievable over an SCTP association also
   is negatively impacted by the occurrence of T3-Retransmissions.  The
   present SCTP Fast Recovery algorithms as specified by [RFC4960] are
   not able to adequately or timely recover losses in certain
   situations, thus resorting to loss recovery by lengthy
   T3-Retransimissions or by non-timely activation of Fast Recovery.  In
   this document we specify a number of enhancements to the SCTP Loss
   Recovery algorithms which amends some of these deficiencies with a
   particular focus on Loss Recovery for drops in Traffic Tails.  The
   enhancements supplement the existing algorithms of [RFC4960] with
   proactive probing and timer driven activation of the Fast
   Retransmission algorithm as well as a number of enhancements of the
   Fast Retransmission algorithm in itself are specified.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nielsen-tsvwg-sctp-tlr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nielsen-tsvwg-sctp-tlr-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nielsen-tsvwg-sctp-tlr-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/