Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-dmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 04:13:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DMAP MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL
        Author          : Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-dmap-00.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2015-10-18

Abstract:
   The DMAP Message Access Protocol, Version 1 allows a client to access
   and manipulate electronic mail messages on a server, without
   revealing too much information about messages being accessed to the
   server.  DMAP permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote message
   folders) in a way that is functionally equivalent to local folders.
   DMAP also provides the capability for an offline client to
   resynchronize with the server and for message submission.  DMAP
   supports discovery of keys (signets) belonging to other users the
   client can communicate to.  Syncronization and publication of keys
   (private key, might include certificates) and signets (public part,
   certificate).

   DMAP includes operations for creating, deleting, and renaming
   mailboxes, checking for new messages, permanently removing messages,
   setting and clearing flags, RFC 5322 and RFC 2045 parsing, and
   selective fetching of message attributes, texts, and portions
   thereof.  Messages in DMAP are accessed by the use of numbers.  These
   numbers are either message sequence numbers or unique identifiers.

   Note: This document is a very early draft and omission of specific
   syntax is intentional.  It is intended to stimulate discussions about
   specific protocol syntax and general design.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-dmap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-dmap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/