Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-coap-fetch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:11:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP FETCH Method
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-coap-fetch-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   Similar to HTTP, the existing Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
   GET method only allows the specification of a URI and request
   parameters in CoAP options, not the transfer of a request payload
   detailing the request.  This leads to some applications to using POST
   where actually a cacheable, idempotent, safe request is desired.

   The present proposal adds a new CoAP method, FETCH, to perform the
   equivalent of a GET with a request body.

   This specification is inspired by I-D.snell-search-method, which
   updates the definition and semantics of the HTTP SEARCH request
   method previously defined by RFC5323.  However, there is no intention
   to limit FETCH to search-type operations, and the resulting
   properties may not be the same as those of HTTP SEARCH.  For now, we
   therefore prefer to discuss the proposal under a different name, for
   which we have chosen the GET synonym FETCH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-coap-fetch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-coap-fetch-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/