Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:31:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Cong Liu
	Filename        : draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-10-11

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a client to include a
   prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a preference
   for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear about how
   the client and server should act in different situations involving
   the prefix-length hint.  This document provides a summary of the
   existing problems with the prefix-length hint and guidance on what
   the client and server could do in different situations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/