Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 02:10:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Motivations, usecases and Models of VCPE
        Authors         : Qiao Fu
                          Hui Deng
	Filename        : draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This document introduces the concept of Virtual Customer Premises
   Equipment (VCPE).  Such concept was first proposed in Broadband Forum
   (BBF) as Network Enhanced Residential Gateway (NERG).  The concept is
   further expanded as not only referring to virtual CPE of residential
   network, but all the virtual network and service functions shifted
   from the customer side to the operator side.  Deployment of VCPE in
   some typical DMM (Distributed Mobility Management) scenarios brings
   specific requirements and even protocol extension in DMM.  In this
   document, we will first explain the motivation and advantages of
   VCPE.  A usecases of VCPE in the community Wi-Fi deployment is
   further discussed so as to explain the deployment of VCPE in a DMM
   scenario.  Three models of field deployment of VCPE are discussed
   afterwards to indicate the possible CP/DP decomposition requirement
   and protocol extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fu-dmm-vcpe-models-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/