Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:46:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Intent-Based Nemo Overview
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   As IP networks grow more complicated, these networks require a new
   interaction mechanism between customers and their networks based on
   intent rather than detailed specifics.  An intent-based language is
   need to enable customers to easily describe their diverse intent for
   network connectivity to the network management systems.  This
   document describes the problem Intent-Based NEtwork Modelling (IB-
   NEMO) language is trying to solve, a summary of the use cases that
   demonstrate this problem, and a proposed scope of work.  Part of the
   scope is the validation of the language as a minimal (or reduced)
   subset.

   The IB-NEMO language consists of commands exchanged between an
   application and a network manager/controller.  Some would call this
   boundary between the application and the network management system as
   northbound interface (NBI).

   IB-NEMO focuses on creating minimal subset of the total possible
   Intent-Based commands to pass across this NBI.  By creating a minimal
   subset (about 20% of the total possible) of all intent commands, the
   IB-NEMO can be a simple Intent interface for most applications
   (hopefully 80%).  Part of validation of this command language is to
   to provide test cases where a set of commands are used to convey
   information for a use case which result in a particular data model in
   the network controller.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-ibnemo-overview/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-ibnemo-overview-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/