Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:28:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for Flexible Forward Error Correction (FEC)
        Authors         : Varun Singh
                          Ali Begen
                          Mo Zanaty
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-01.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) packets that are generated by the non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes from a source media encapsulated in RTP.
   These parity codes are systematic codes, where a number of repair
   symbols are generated from a set of source symbols.  These repair
   symbols are sent in a repair flow separate from the source flow that
   carries the source symbols.  The non-interleaved and interleaved
   parity codes offer a good protection against random and bursty packet
   losses, respectively, at a cost of decent complexity.  The RTP
   payload formats that are defined in this document address the
   scalability issues experienced with the earlier specifications
   including RFC 2733, RFC 5109 and SMPTE 2022-1, and offer several
   improvements.  Due to these changes, the new payload formats are not
   backward compatible with the earlier specifications, but endpoints
   that do not implement the scheme can still work by simply ignoring
   the FEC packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/