Subject: I-D Action: draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:36:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Fails To Respect IPV6_USE_MINMTU
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2015-10-15

Abstract:
   The IPV6_USE_MINMTU socket option is used to set the maximum IPv6
   packet size to be used on a socket.  Many implementations of TCP
   running over IPv6 neglect to check the IPV6_USE_MINMTU value when
   performing MSS negotiation and when contructing a TCP segment.  This
   lead to oversized IPv6 packets being sent resulting in unintended
   Path Maximum Transport Unit Discovery (PMTUD) being performed and to
   fragmented IPv6 packets being sent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/