Subject: I-D Action: draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 22:53:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Function Chaining Dataplane Elements in Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Pedro A. Aranda
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Walter Haeffner
	Filename        : draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-10-04

Abstract:
   The evolution of the network towards 5G implies a challenge for the
   infrastructure. The targeted services and the full deployment of
   virtualization in all segments of the network will need service
   function chains that previously resided in the(local and remote)
   infrastructure of the Network operators to extend to the radio access
   network (RAN).

   The objective of this draft is to provide a non-exhaustive but
   representative list of service functions in 4G and 5G networks. We
   base on the problem statement [RFC 7498] and architecture framework
   [SFC-Arch] of the working group, as well on the existing mobile
   networks use cases [SFC-mobile-uc] and the requirement gathering
   process of different initiatives around the world [5GPPP, IMT2020,
   5G-FK, IMT2020-CN ] to anticipate network elements that will be
   needed in 5G networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aranda-sf-dp-mobile-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/