Subject: I-D Action: draft-tempia-ippm-p3m-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:25:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A packet based method for passive performance monitoring
        Authors         : Alessandro Capello
                          Mauro Cociglio
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Luca Castaldelli
                          Alberto Tempia Bonda
	Filename        : draft-tempia-ippm-p3m-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a passive method to perform packet loss,
   delay and jitter measurements on live traffic.  This method is based
   on Alternate Marking technique, also called PNPM (Packet Network
   Performance Monitoring).  It has been invented and engineered in
   Telecom Italia.  This technique can be applied in various situations
   (e.g.  [I-D.bryant-mpls-synonymous-flow-labels],
   [I-D.ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation]).  The Telecom Italia use case is
   explained in order to give an example and show the method
   applicability.  The previous IETF drafts by Telecom Italia about this
   technique were: [I-D.cociglio-mboned-multicast-pm] and
   [I-D.tempia-opsawg-p3m].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tempia-ippm-p3m/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tempia-ippm-p3m-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tempia-ippm-p3m-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/