Subject: I-D Action: draft-mlk-nfvrg-nfv-reliability-using-cots-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:33:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NFV Reliability using COTS Hardware
        Authors         : Li Mo
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
	Filename        : draft-mlk-nfvrg-nfv-reliability-using-cots-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-10-01

Abstract:
   This draft discusses the results of a recent study on the feasibility
   of using Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware for virtualized
   network functions in telecom equipment.  In particular, it explores
   the conditions under which the COTS hardware can be used in the NFV
   (Network Function Virtualization) environment.  The concept of silent
   error probability is introduced in order to take software error or
   undetectable hardware failures into account.  The silent error
   probability is included in both the theoretical work and the
   simulation work.  It is difficult to theoretically analyze the impact
   of site maintenance and site failure events.  Therefore, simulation
   is used for evaluating the impact of these site management related
   events which constitute the undesirable feature of using COTS
   hardware in telecom environment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mlk-nfvrg-nfv-reliability-using-cots/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mlk-nfvrg-nfv-reliability-using-cots-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/