Subject: I-D Action: draft-chandra-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:35:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Refresh Interval Independent FRR Facility Protection
        Authors         : Chandra Ramachandran
                          Ina Minei
                          Dante Pacella
                          Tarek Saad
                          Ebben Aries
	Filename        : draft-chandra-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-10-10

Abstract:
    RSVP-TE relies on periodic refresh of RSVP messages to maintain the
    LSP related states along the reserved path. In the absence of
    refresh messages, the LSP related states are automatically deleted.
    Reliance on periodic refreshes and refresh timeouts are problematic
    from the scalability point of view. The number of RSVP-TE LSPs that
    a router needs to maintain has been growing in service provider
    networks and the implementations should be capable of handling
    increase in LSP scale.

    RFC 2961 specifies mechanisms to eliminate the reliance on periodic
    refresh and refresh timeout of RSVP messages, and enables a router
    to increase the message refresh interval to values much larger than
    the default 30 seconds defined in RFC 2205. However, the protocol
    extensions defined in RFC 4090 for supporting fast reroute (FRR)
    using bypass tunnels implicitly rely on refresh timeouts to cleanup
    stale states. This document defines extensions to bypass FRR related
    procedures defined in RFC 4090 to support refresh-interval
    independent FRR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chandra-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chandra-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chandra-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/