Subject: I-D Action: draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:57:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Fails To Respect IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-04.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2015-10-18

Abstract:
   The IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU socket option directs the IP layer to limit the
   IPv6 packet size to the minimum required supported MTU from the base
   IPv6 specification, i.e. 1280 bytes.  Many implementations of TCP
   running over IPv6 neglect to check the IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU value when
   performing MSS negotiation and when constructing a TCP segment
   despite MSS being defined to be the MTU less the IP and TCP header
   sizes (60 bytes for IPv6).  This leads to oversized IPv6 packets
   being sent resulting in unintended Path Maximum Transport Unit
   Discovery (PMTUD) being performed and to fragmented IPv6 packets
   being sent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/