Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:32:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Options for Homenet Naming Architecture
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Chris Griffiths
                          Ralf Weber
                          Wouter Cloetens
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) devices are usually constrained
   devices with reduced network and CPU capabilities.  As such, a CPE
   exposing the authoritative naming service for its home network on the
   Internet may become vulnerable to resource exhaustion attacks.  One
   way to avoid exposing CPE is to outsource the authoritative service
   to a third party, e.g.  ISP.  Such an outsource requires setting up
   an architecture which may be inappropriate for most end users.  This
   document defines DHCPv6 options so any agnostic CPE can automatically
   proceed to the appropriate configuration and outsource the
   authoritative naming service for the home network.  In most cases,
   the outsourcing mechanism is transparent for the end user.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/