Subject: I-D Action: draft-wijnands-bier-mld-lan-election-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:59:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generic Multicast Router Election on LAN's
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Pierre Pfister
	Filename        : draft-wijnands-bier-mld-lan-election-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   When a host is connected to multiple multicast capable routers, each
   of these routers is a candidate to process the multicast flow for
   that LAN, but only one router should be elected to process it.  This
   document proposes a generic multicast router election mechanism using
   Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener
   Discovery (MLD) that can be used by any Multicast Overlay Signalling
   Protocol (MOSP).  Having such generic election mechanism removes a
   dependency on Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wijnands-bier-mld-lan-election/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wijnands-bier-mld-lan-election-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/