Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:35:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: A Routing State Abstraction Service Using Declarative Equivalence
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Xing (Tony) Wang
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          G. Robert Chen
	Filename        : draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol has
   defined multiple services (e.g., network maps, cost maps, filtered
   maps, the endpoint cost service, and the endpoint property service)
   to provide network state information to network applications.  In a
   higher-level view, both the cost maps and the endpoint cost service
   can be considered as providing views into the routing state of a
   network (i.e., the path properties).  A drawback of these existing
   services, however, is that they are static, application-oblivious
   views, without guidance from network applications.  This document
   designs a new ALTO service named Routing State Abstraction using
   Declarative Equivalence (RSADE).  Allowing applications to provide
   declarative guidance on the intended use of the network routing
   state, RSADE allows a network to compute compact, customized routing
   state abstraction beyond the existing services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/