Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:49:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Timing over IP Connection and Transfer of Clock Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Transporting Timing messages over MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Shahram Davari
                          Amit Oren
                          Manav Bhatia
                          Peter Roberts
                          Laurent Montini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-10-16

Abstract:
   This document defines a method for transporting timing messages, such
   as Precision Time Protocol (PTP) or Network Time Protocol (NTP), over
   a Multiprotocol Label Switched (MPLS) network.  The method
   facilitates efficient recognition of timing packets to enable their
   port level processing in both Label Edge Routers (LERs) and Label
   Switched Routers (LSRs).

   The basic mechanism is to transport timing messages inside "Timing
   LSPs", which are dedicated MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) that
   carry only timing, and possibly related Operations, Administration
   and Maintenance (OAM) or management packets, but do not carry
   customer traffic.

   Two encapsulations methods are defined.  The first transports UDP/IP
   encapsulated timing messages directly over the dedicated LSP.  The
   second transports Ethernet encapsuled timing messages inside an
   Ethernet pseudowire.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/