Subject: I-D Action: draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:52:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Making Multipath TCP robust for stateless webservers
        Authors         : Christoph Paasch
                          Anumita Biswas
                          Darren Haas
	Filename        : draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-10-14

Abstract:
   This document proposes a modification of the MPTCP handshake that
   allows it to work efficiently with stateless servers.  We first
   identify the issues around stateless connection establishment using
   SYN-cookies.  Further, we suggest an extension to Multipath TCP to
   overcome these issues and discuss alternatives.

   As a side-effect, the proposed modification to the handshake opens
   the door to reduce the size of the MP_CAPABLE option in the SYN.
   This reduces the growing pressure on the TCP-option space in the SYN-
   segment, giving space for future extensions to TCP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-paasch-mptcp-syncookies-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/