Subject: I-D Action: draft-thaler-transition-principles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:10:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Designing for Transition
        Author          : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-thaler-transition-principles-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-10-05

Abstract:
   Over the many years since the introduction of the Internet Protocol,
   we have seen a number of transitions, throughout the protocol stack,
   from one protocol or technology to another.  Many protocols and
   technologies were not designed to enable smooth transition to
   alternatives or to easily deploy extensions, and thus some
   transitions, such as the introduction of IPv6, have been difficult.
   This document attempts to summarize some basic principles to enable
   future transitions, and also summarizes what makes for a good
   transition plan.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-transition-principles/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thaler-transition-principles-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/