Subject: I-D Action: draft-saad-lsp-instant-install-rsvpte-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:13:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Instant Install
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          George Swallow
	Filename        : draft-saad-lsp-instant-install-rsvpte-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-10-17

Abstract:
   When establishing new RSVP-TE LSPs, it is permissible that LSRs along
   the LSP path to forward the RSVP Resv message upstream before
   installing the forwarding state.  In practise, this is done to
   parallelize the forwarding state installation.  While the ingress can
   start to use the LSP as soon as the RSVP Resv message arrives, doing
   so may lead to traffic drops at intermediate LSRs that may not have
   completed the installation of forwarding state for the new LSP.

   This document describes procedures and provides extensions to RSVP-TE
   protocol to allow an ingress LSR to immediately install and forward
   traffic on a newly signalled LSP as soon as the RSVP reservation
   state is received.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saad-lsp-instant-install-rsvpte/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saad-lsp-instant-install-rsvpte-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/