Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-alto-general-cost-type-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:09:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: General Cost Types
        Author          : Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-yang-alto-general-cost-type-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Service has defined
   both the endpoint cost service (ECS) and cost maps to provide
   information to applications about network path properties (e.g.,
   routingcost) from a set of source network points to a set of
   destination network points, where each network point can be a single
   endpoint (in ECS) or a PID which represents a set of endpoints (in a
   cost map).  Considering, conceptually, both ECS and cost map as
   returning a matrix, indexed by sources and destinations as row and
   column, the current ALTO protocol [RFC7285] allows the elements in
   the matrix to be only scalar (i.e., numerical or ordinal).  This,
   however, is limiting in many use cases.  This document discuss
   multiple use cases where scalar-elements can be limitations.  It then
   defines new cost types to allow general cost types, such as vectors
   to represent use cases such path vectors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-alto-general-cost-type/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-alto-general-cost-type-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/