Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-roll-adaptive-data-aggregation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 23:43:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Design of Adaptive Data Aggregation Schemes
        Author          : Cheng Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-roll-adaptive-data-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-10-18

Abstract:
   Data aggregation is a key energy saving functionality in wireless
   sensor networks (WSNs) for both data gathering applications and
   event-based applications, since the communication cost is often the
   higher order of the computation cost.  Through data aggregation, we
   can reduce the scale of data while maintaining the correctness of
   data for a set of symmetric functions called divisible perfectly
   compressible (DPC) functions.  Also the achievable minimum data rate
   among all sensor nodes is limited for random WSNs if we insist data
   from ALL sensors should be collected.  Hence we use gathering
   efficiency to indicate the number of nodes whose data are gathered.
   It is intuitive that there exists a tradeoff between the aggregation
   throughput and gathering efficiency.  This document introduces
   adaptive data aggregation schemes for WSN to consider the tradeoffs
   between the aggregation throughput and gathering efficiency.
   Specifically, the adaptive data aggregation schemes includes two
   protocols, Single-Hop-Length (SHL) Scheme and Multiple-Hop-Length
   (MHL) Scheme, for different gathering efficiency requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-roll-adaptive-data-aggregation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-roll-adaptive-data-aggregation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/