Subject: I-D Action: draft-gandhewar-dhc-v6-relay-initiated-release-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 09:20:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Relay Initiated Release
        Author          : Sunil M. Gandhewar
	Filename        : draft-gandhewar-dhc-v6-relay-initiated-release-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-10-01

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) is
   initiated by a DHCPv6 client.  A DHCPv6 server can force DHCPv6
   client to send RENEW or INFORMATION-REQUEST by sending a RECONFIGURE
   message.  There may be multiple DHCPv6 network devices connected in
   between a DHCPv6 client and a server, each one reserving resources
   for the DHCPv6 client.  There are no DHCPv6 messages that a relay can
   initiate in order to control the client binding.

   A DHCPv6 client may not always send a RELEASE message when it no
   longer needs the IPv6 address or prefix and network resources for the
   associated services it is using.  This document specifies a way to
   request release to be initiated by an intermediate DHCPv6 network
   device, e.g.  DHCPv6 relay, on behalf of DHCPv6 client.  This helps
   to relinquish network resources sooner than the lease expiration
   time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gandhewar-dhc-v6-relay-initiated-release/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhewar-dhc-v6-relay-initiated-release-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gandhewar-dhc-v6-relay-initiated-release-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/