Subject: I-D Action: draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:49:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : VNF Benchmark-as-a-Service
        Authors         : Raphael Vicente Rosa
                          Christian Esteve Rothenberg
                          Robert Szabo
	Filename        : draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) promises the delivery of
   flexible chaining of Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) with
   portability, elasticity, guaranteed performance, reliability among
   others.  Service providers expect similar behavior from NFV as their
   current appliances based infrastructure, however, with the ease and
   flexibility of operation and cost effectiveness.  Managing for
   predictable performance in virtualized environments is far from
   straightforward.  Considering resource provisioning, selection of an
   NFV Infrastructure Point of Presence to host a VNF or allocation of
   resources (e.g., virtual CPUs, memory) needs to be done over
   virtualized (abstracted and simplified) resource views.  In order to
   support orchestration decisions, we argue that a framework for VNF
   benchmarking is need.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rorosz-nfvrg-vbaas-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/