Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:26:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : S-PE Protection for MPLS and MPLS-TP Static Multi-Segment Pseudowires
        Authors         : Andrew G. Malis
                          Loa Andersson
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Lei Wang
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-04.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-10-22

Abstract:
   In MPLS and MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) environments, statically
   provisioned Single-Segment Pseudowires (SS-PWs) are protected against
   tunnel failure via MPLS-level and MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.
   With statically provisioned Multi-Segment Pseudowires (MS-PWs), each
   segment of the MS-PW is likewise protected from tunnel failures via
   MPLS-level and MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  However, static MS-
   PWs are not protected end-to-end against failure of one of the
   Switching Provider Edge Routers (S-PEs) along the path of the MS-PW.
   This document describes how to achieve this protection via redundant
   MS-PWs by updating the existing procedures in RFC 6870.  It also
   contains an optional approach based on MPLS-TP Linear Protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/