Subject: I-D Action: draft-perez-abfab-gss-remote-attr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 00:27:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Retrieving remote attributes using GSS-API naming extensions
        Authors         : Alejandro Perez-Mendez
                          Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Gabriel Lopez-Millan
	Filename        : draft-perez-abfab-gss-remote-attr-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-10-05

Abstract:
   The GSS-API Naming Extensions define new APIs that extend the GSS-API
   naming model to support name attribute transfer between GSS-API
   peers.  Historically, this set of functions has been used to obtain
   the authorization information contained in some sort of authorization
   token provided to the GSS acceptor during the context establishment
   process, such as a Kerberos ticket, a SAML assertion, or an X.509
   attribute certificate.  However, some scenarios require to allow the
   GSS acceptor to request additional attributes after context
   establishment.  If these attributes are not locally stored by the GSS
   mechanism they have to be retrieved from an external source (e.g.
   SQL database, LDAP directory, external IdP, etc.).  This document
   describes how current GSS-API extensions are able to encompass such
   functionality without requiring of any change, neither on the
   existing calls nor on the way applications use the API.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perez-abfab-gss-remote-attr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perez-abfab-gss-remote-attr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/