Subject: I-D Action: draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:42:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions
        Authors         : Edward Lopez
                          Diego Lopez
                          Linda Dunbar
                          John Strassner
                          XiaoJun Zhuang
                          Joe Parrott
                          Ramki Krishnan
                          Seetharama Rao Durbha
	Filename        : draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of abstractions for guiding the
   functionality provided by I2NSF. In the design of interfaces to
   allow for the provisioning of network security functions (NSFs), a
   critical consideration is to prevent the creation of implied
   constraints on NSF capability and functionality.

   This document makes the recommendation that such interfaces be
   designed from the paradigm of processing packets and flows on the
   network. NSFs ultimately are packet-processing engines that inspect
   packets traversing networks, either directly or in the context of
   sessions in which the packet is associated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/