Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:09:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-10-06

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document discusses the
   best way of accomplishing simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in
   SDP.  A solution is defined by making an extension to SDP, and using
   RTP/RTCP identification methods to relate RTP streams belonging to
   the same media source.  The SDP extension consists of a new media
   level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send and/or receive
   simulcast RTP streams.  RTP/RTCP identification using either payload
   types or a separately defined method for RTP stream configuration are
   defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/