Subject: I-D Action: draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:03:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Fails To Respect IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU
        Author          : M. Andrews
	Filename        : draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-01.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2015-10-16

Abstract:
   The IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU [RFC3542], Section 11.1, socket option directs
   the IP layer to limit the IPv6 packet size to the minimum required
   supported MTU from the base IPv6 specification [RFC2460], i.e. 1280
   bytes.  Many implementations of TCP running over IPv6 neglect to
   check the IPV6_USE_MIN_MTU value when performing MSS negotiation and
   when constructing a TCP segment.  This leads to oversized IPv6
   packets being sent resulting in unintended Path Maximum Transport
   Unit Discovery (PMTUD) [RFC1191] being performed and to fragmented
   IPv6 packets being sent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-andrews-tcp-and-ipv6-use-minmtu-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/