Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 13:59:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Next-Generation Pan-European eCall
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-04.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2015-10-18

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of the Pan European in-
   vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety initiative
   of the European Commission (generally referred to as "eCall"). eCall
   is a standardized and mandated system for a special form of emergency
   calls placed by vehicles.  eCall deployment is required in the very
   near future in European Union member states, and eCall (and eCall-
   compatible systems) are also being deployed in other regions.  eCall
   provides an integrated voice path and a standardized set of vehicle,
   sensor (e.g., crash related), and location data.  An eCall is
   recognized and handled as a specialized form of emergency call and is
   routed to a specialized eCall-capable Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP) capable of processing the vehicle data and trained in handling
   emergency calls from vehicles.

   Currently, eCall functions over circuit-switched cellular telephony;
   work on next-generation eCall (NG-eCall, sometimes called packet-
   switched eCall or PS-eCall) is now in process, and this document
   assists in that work by describing how to support eCall within the
   IP-based emergency services infrastructure.

   This document also registers a MIME Content Type and an Emergency
   Call Additional Data Block for the eCall vehicle data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/